THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project The Definitive Collection album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (4:20)
2. The Raven (3:57)
3. I Robot instrumental (6:06)
4. I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (3:19)
5. Breakdown (3:50)
6. Don't Let It Show (3:50)
7. Voyager instrumental (2:24)
8. What Goes Up vocal (3:31)
9. The Eagle Will Rise Again (4:38)
10. Can't Take It With You (5:05)
11. Pyramania (2:45)
12. Lucifer instrumental (5:08)
13. Damned If I Do (4:53)
14. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)
15. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I)(2:38)
16. Snake Eyes (3:10)
17. Games People Play (4:14)
18. Time vocal (5:08)

Disk Two
1. Sirius Instrumental (1:53)
2. Eye In The Sky (4:36)
3. Psychobabble (4:51)
4. Mammagamma instrumental (3:34)
5. Old And Wise (4:51)
6. Prime Time (5:03)
7. Don't Answer Me (4:11)
8. You Don't Believe (4:26)
9. Let's Talk About Me (4:22)
10. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:02)
11. Stereotomy (7:15)
12. In The Real World (4:17)
13. Standing On Higher Ground (5:02)
14. Too Late (5:55)
15. Turn It Up (5:32)
16. Re-Jigue Instrumental (2:49)

Total Time:

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: BEST OF VOLUME 2 [I Robot,What Goes up...,Prime Time++] US $4.99 Buy It Now 52m 43s
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (AL 7002) US $12.95 Buy It Now 56m 25s
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot record 1977 US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales Of Mystery And Imagination CD Japan Mercury PHCR-4204 US $14.99 [1 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy AL-8384 Nice US $5.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project I Robot Excellent Condition LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 27m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 1979 Arista Gatefold w/orig slv EX/EX LP Record US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, VULTURE CULTURE, Vinyl LP, Arista 1984, AL8-8263 US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 20m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT Legacy Edition 180g Vinyl 2LP Record Ships Fast US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot '77 Gatefold RCA Record Club Version VG++/EX LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 3 CASSETTE LOT EXCELLENT!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project US $0.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- EVE VINYL ALBUM US $3.36 Buy It Now 6h 19m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of Alan Parsons Project CD 2008 610052 IMPORT US $6.64 Buy It Now 6h 20m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE VERY BEST LIVE 1995 CD NM ALAN PARSONS US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of CD 1983 JAPAN ARCD8193 ARISTA US $9.49 Buy It Now 6h 24m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Time/The Gold Bug 45 #AS0598 - no sleeve US $1.00 Buy It Now 6h 38m
The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery LP Record Album Very Good Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
The Alan Parsons Project ~ Pyramid ~ 8 - Track Cartridge - 80'S Rock US $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
The Alan Parsons Project Eve LP Record Album Very Good Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Stereotomy arista 8384 w/color poly cover UNPLAYED NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 53m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "I Robot" Original LP from 1977 (ARISTA AL 7002) US $7.95 Buy It Now 7h 4m
CD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY 119 US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
I Robot - The Alan Parsons Project (Cassette 1977, Arista) in NM US $8.49 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Alan Parsons Project "Tales Of Mystery & Imagination-" US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
The Alan Parsons Project Lp Eve 1979 Arista US $12.95 Buy It Now 8h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project Lp Robot 1977 Arista US $24.95 Buy It Now 8h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve LIMITED 180G Vinyl LP US $37.17 Buy It Now 8h 55m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Let'S Talk About Me 7" Ps, B/W Hawkeye, 107 082 US $8.43 Buy It Now 9h 7m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT You Don'T Believe 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W Lucifer, 105 94 US $8.43 Buy It Now 9h 7m
23 Cassettes Box - Alan Parsons Project,Vangelis,Genesis,Chicago,Jethro Tull,Yes US $55.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -EYE IN THE SKY US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -AMMONIA AVENUE US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Don't Answer Me - ARIST 553 - 7-inch Record US $11.82 Buy It Now 10h 45m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project Alan Parsons Project CD, Oct-1990 Arista US $7.90 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy 1985 Cassette Rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 12h 13m
The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project 1990 Cassette Rock US $2.50 Buy It Now 12h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve -- 1979 Arista Records - Picture Label - VG US $4.50 Buy It Now 12h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy Arista # AL9-8384 US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $8.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy NM LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 32m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: THE TURN OF A FRENDLY CARD CASSETTE TAPE US $2.84 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT ERIC WOOLFSON ORIGINAL VINYL GF LP US $16.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID ORIGINAL VINYL LP w/ 4 PAGE POSTER ERIC WOOLFSON US $18.95 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve (2008 30th Anniversary Edition - 7 Bonus Tracks) US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD ORIG VINYL LP GAMES PEOPLE PLAY NM US $16.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project ORIGINAL "Eve" VINYL LP ERIC WOOLFSON ABSOLUTE NEAR MINT US $16.95 [0 bids]
Rock NM! 45 THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT What Goes Up on Arista 8 US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi (1987 Arista) Early Pressing JAPAN CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 49m
STONE COLD MINT ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1983 ORIGINAL VINYL LP MINT US $19.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture (1984 Arista) Early Pressing JAPAN CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 56m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Tales of Mystery and Imagination (1 CD) [Polygram] US $7.41 Buy It Now 16h 4m
Alan Parsons Project "Vulture Culture" ORIGINAL VINYL LP ERIC WOOLFSON NEAR MINT US $14.95 [0 bids]
MINT Alan Parsons Project Gaudi ORIGINAL VINYL LP FACTORY SHRINK ERIC WOOLFSON US $16.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project LP Tales Of Mystery & Imagination VG++ In/Out Take A Look! US $8.50 Buy It Now 17h 13m
The Alan Parsons Project LP Eye in the Sky Vinyl Record Arista ?- BAN 179599 US $30.00 Buy It Now 17h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid LP W/Insert Great Shape Pink Floyd US $28.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons... US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project "Eve" 1979 Arista AL-9504 LP ! US $16.38 Buy It Now 19h 22m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE Cassette Tape US $12.83 Buy It Now 20h 48m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Stereotomy LP w/Outer Arista 1985 US $16.90 Buy It Now 21h 9m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD" CD NM US $13.99 Buy It Now 22h 36m
The Alan Parsons Project - Prime Time - UK Import - 45rpm - 12" US $8.99 Buy It Now 23h 4m
The Alan Parsons Project, Pyramid, LP. Vinyl Record. Rock.w/Poster AB 4180 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Blair 1978 1st Press, EXC, ULTRASONIC CLEANED US $24.00 Buy It Now 23h 22m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Stereotomy 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED Music On Vinyl US $35.41 Buy It Now 23h 27m
MUSIC CD, THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, 12 SONGS, EXCELLENT US $1.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.00 Buy It Now 23h 42m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE RARE GERMAN PRESS 1984 + INNER EXC US $16.89 Buy It Now 23h 43m
The Alan Parsons Project(12" Vinyl)Don't Answer Me--ARIST 12553-UK-Ex/Ex US $11.82 Buy It Now 23h 45m
MFSL1-084 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT " I ROBOT " (MFSL-JAPANPRESSING-SERIES/NEARMINT) US $79.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project. Gaudi. 1987. Melodiya. S60 27787 000. Russia, USSR. LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
CASSETTE TAPE THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE 1984 ARISTA RECORDS OOP US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER- -Alan Parsons Project ?- I Robot LP-AL-7002/LP- Gatefold. US $21.98 Buy It Now 1 day
* THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Best of US $3.97 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Alan Parsons Project ?- I Robot LP-AL-7002/LP- Gatefold(promo) US $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'AMMONIA AVENUE' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'EVE' PORTUGUESE IMPORT LP US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
NOS THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO ONLY / ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE US $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO LABEL / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE PROGRESSIVE / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Vintage Press Vinyl-Alan Parsons Project-I Robot-EX-WOW US $9.95 [0 bids]
PROMO LABEL / THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD / WITH OBI US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Vintage Press Vinyl-Alan Parsons Project-The Turn of A Friendly Card-NM-WOW US $9.95 [0 bids]
Rare Original Press Vinyl-Alan Parsons Project-Pyramid-EX-WOW US $9.95 [0 bids]
Rare Original Press Vinyl-Alan Parsons Project-Eye In The Sky-EX-WOW US $9.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - BEST OF CD ~ EYE IN THE SKY~PYRAMANIA CLASSIC 70's *NEW* US $13.28 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project- Let's Talk About Me- Rock 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- Vulture Culture -- 1984 LP release US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT*Tales Of Edgar Allan Poe(The Raven)MINT-45 rpm Spain 7" US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-I ROBOT 1977 ARISTA RECORDS GATEFOLD LP AL 7002 VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenu NM Shrink EB172 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Don't answer me" 45 rpm US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons -Project- - Turn Of A Friendly Card (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $31.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons -Project- - I Robot (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $32.52 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A good summary

An excellent two CD collection of many of the best tracks by the Alan Parson's Project, and indeed Alan Parsons (post Eric Wolfson) . The albums covered range from the first ("Tales of Mystery and imagination") right through to "Try anything once". The tracks appear in chronological order with all the albums being well represented.

As with any compilation which seeks to summarise a band's work, the choice of tracks included and excluded can be questioned. The following are my own thoughts here: - Only two tracks included from what is widely regarded as one of APP's finest albums, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Of these "Dr Tarr.." appears to have been chosen as the opener due to it's upbeat style, but for me it was a comparatively weak track. - A good selection from "I Robot" is present, but it is a shame room was not found for "Day after day". - The lovely ballads "Shadow of a lonely man" from the "Pyramid" album, "Silence and I" from "Eye in the sky" and "Limelight" from "Stereotomy" are all missing. - The prog flavoured "La Sagrada Familia" from "Gaudi" is also missed off.

To make way for some of these, I would have omitted some of the mid-paced pop related material such as "Let's talk about me", and "I wouldn't want to be like you".

What the compilers appear to have done is to attempt to create a balanced collection, with ballads, light pop and instrumentals. Whether this is the best approach to take when compiling a definitive collection album is a matter for debate. Nevertheless, this is an excellent extended collection of some of APP's best tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#17709) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars If my previous reviews on Kansas and VDGG were examples of a good compilations up to my taste, this - and each APP compilation I've seen - only reminds of the awful commercial single hit point of view, as opposed to my approach where 'the best' are hardly ever single- potential songs. All in all a large deal of Alan Parsons Project is more or less dull 'engineer- music' and many of its pop songs come closer to disco than prog, and yet it has three nearly excellent albums plus some partly enjoyable albums. If I had my way, I'd absolutely avoid those monotonous pop tunes such as 'You don't believe', 'Snake eyes', 'Prime time' etc and concentrate especially on the first three albums and choose better tracks from later albums (if there ARE at all any good ones in e.g. Stereotomy or Vulture Culture, I don't know).

If I had come to APP via these compilations, I'd probably never got interested to listen more of it - and I would have lost some fine music. My favourite APP album is Tales of Mystery and Imagination (the Poe theme helps the fact!) but the edition of this 2-cd collection I borrowed yesterday has none from it. The representation of Pyramid album comes closest to meet my taste, even without the lovely 'Shadow of the Lonely Man', but also its worst tracks have been included.

I think APP have chosen their regular singers badly: I almost hate Lenny Zakatek and Chris Rainbow, and Eric Woolfson himself is also a weak singer (these singers dominate this collection).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#17710) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This 2 CD compilation "The Definitive Collection", containing the works of Alan Parsons Project, is a terrific introduction to the band showcasing excellent snippets from all of the studio albums from "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to "Gaudi", plus some extras. A decent selection from the debut includes (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether and The Raven, (of course that track had to be here) opens the compilation. Then we move into the best tracks from "I, Robot", the wonderful title track, pop favourite I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Breakdown, and Don't Let It Show.

After this some excellent tracks from "Pyramid" follow, the first three album tracks that are mesmirising are here, Voyager, What Goes Up, and The Eagle Will Rise Again. Also there are Can't Take It With You, and Pyramania. These are okay but I always prefer the instrumental tracks on side two especially the brilliant Hyper Gamma Spaces. This track is on other compilations so I guess the compilers were trying to add something different here but seemed to focus on the pop singles which are not necessarily the best examples of APP.

From "Eve" there is Lucifer, Damned If I Do, and If I Could Change Your Mind. They seem okay though I have not heard the whole album. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I) is taken from the album with the same name, along with Snake Eyes, Games People Play and Time. Games People Play is one of the first APP songs I heard as a teenager, and it certainly is memorable with some great keyboards and infectious chorus.

Disk Two is not as strong as I guess the albums became even more poppier. Sirius opens proceedings with an instrumental, and then the title track of the next album showcases the band at their best on Eye In The Sky. There is a decent selection fro that famous album with Psychobabble, Mammagamma and Old And Wise.

From "Ammonia Avenue" comes Prime Time, Don't Answer Me, and You Don't Believe. It was evident the band were becoming radio oriented primarily here. Following this from "Vulture Culture" is Let's Talk About Me and Days Are Numbers (The Traveller). From "Stereotomy" is the title track and In The Real World. From "Gaudi" is Standing On Higher Ground, and Too Late, though it would have been nice to have had a more progressive track such as La Sagrada Familia.

The compilation closes with some tracks from "Try Anything Once", that was not an Alan Parsons Project album as such but his first solo project released in 1993. The tracks here are Turn It Up and the instrumental Re-Jigue. It caps off a fairly comprehensive compilation of the band that is perhaps represented on these 2 CDs well enough for a newcomer to the group, and it certainly led me to some of their more impressive albums.

Most of the singles are here for those who are interested in the radio friendly side of the group, namely (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether, The Raven, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Don't Let It Show, Pyramania, What Goes Up, Lucifer, Damned If I Do, Games People Play, Time, Snake Eyes, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eye in the Sky, Psychobabble, Old and Wise, You Don't Believe, Don't Answer Me, Prime Time, Let's Talk About Me, Days Are Numbers (The Traveller), Stereotomy, and Standing on Higher Ground.

If one were to remove all the singles there would only be 10 tracks left on the album. Herein lies the problem for me as the band have some strong progressive tracks but they are all but ignored on this compilation. It would be a far more apt description to call this the singles collection rather than "The Definitive Collection". "Freudiana" is not represented on the compilation perhaps because it is thought to be more of an Eric Woolfson solo album, The compilation is a mere taster of the project as there are certainly many omissions that deserved to be heard over many of these choices. In any case it is one of the better compilations from the Alan Parsons Project.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#896120) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 stars A great introduction to the Alan Parsons Project. This set is a great introduction to the progressive rock band Alan Parsons Project. It samples a couple of tracks from each album and makes them easily accessible. The only downside is that each APP album was put together as a whole, and samplin ... (read more)

Report this review (#140116) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Definitive Collection"