THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project The Definitive Collection album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (4:20)
2. The Raven (3:57)
3. I Robot instrumental (6:06)
4. I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (3:19)
5. Breakdown (3:50)
6. Don't Let It Show (3:50)
7. Voyager instrumental (2:24)
8. What Goes Up vocal (3:31)
9. The Eagle Will Rise Again (4:38)
10. Can't Take It With You (5:05)
11. Pyramania (2:45)
12. Lucifer instrumental (5:08)
13. Damned If I Do (4:53)
14. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)
15. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I)(2:38)
16. Snake Eyes (3:10)
17. Games People Play (4:14)
18. Time vocal (5:08)

Disk Two
1. Sirius Instrumental (1:53)
2. Eye In The Sky (4:36)
3. Psychobabble (4:51)
4. Mammagamma instrumental (3:34)
5. Old And Wise (4:51)
6. Prime Time (5:03)
7. Don't Answer Me (4:11)
8. You Don't Believe (4:26)
9. Let's Talk About Me (4:22)
10. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:02)
11. Stereotomy (7:15)
12. In The Real World (4:17)
13. Standing On Higher Ground (5:02)
14. Too Late (5:55)
15. Turn It Up (5:32)
16. Re-Jigue Instrumental (2:49)

Total Time:

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
VINYL LP Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky US $3.91 [4 bids]
46m 24s
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-VULTURE CULTURE/ARISTA RECORDS, AL8-8263 VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h
ALAN PARSONS; - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- I ROBOT- ARISTA AL-7002 US $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture Limited 180gram Audiophile LP US $38.38 Buy It Now 3h 8m
NN~CD~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~I ROBOT US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
The Alan Parsons Project ?-I Robot LP US $6.33 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery 12" Vinyl Lp Sealed US $23.33 Buy It Now 5h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $35.04 Buy It Now 5h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Gaudi CD NEW US $11.62 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid. 1978 Arista LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture CLASSIC PROG ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 43m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue CLASSIC PROG ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 47m
The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons (CD, Oct-2006, Arista) US $8.49 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky - Japan CD - 10Tracks US $16.10 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Penthouse 1984 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED US $12.80 Buy It Now 7h 24m
The Alan Parsons Project: "Eve" LP US $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 35m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GOLD BUG 7" P/S ITALIAN US $18.40 Buy It Now 8h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~ 'Ammonia Avenue' ~UK Arista DIRECT METAL MASTERING LP 1984 US $13.36 Buy It Now 8h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~ 'Vulture Culture'~German Arista LP 1985~206 577~A1/B1 US $8.35 Buy It Now 8h 8m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DON'T ANSWER ME 7" P/S UK US $8.36 Buy It Now 8h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TIME 7" 1981 WITH THE GOLD BUG UK US $10.03 Buy It Now 8h 33m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GOLD BUG 7" P/S GERMAN US $15.05 Buy It Now 8h 43m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT * DAYS ARE NUMBERS & SOMEBODY OUT THERE * 45 RPM US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 44m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD 1980 PORTUGAL VINYL LP* NMV US $13.30 Buy It Now 9h 40m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve CD Germany 9 tracks Arista 610 143 222 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - EVE - 1979 Arista Records Germany - Nr. 064-63 063 - EX US $7.49 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD / 8 TRACK TAPE * US $5.50 Buy It Now 9h 56m
lot of 4 different ALAN PARSONS PROJECT used vinyl 45 RECORDS US $16.00 Buy It Now 10h 7m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Snake Eyes b/w I Don't Wanna Go Home STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project Prime Time / The Gold Bug 45 NM Arista AS1-9208 1984 US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 44m
The Alan Parsons Project Damned If I Do / If I Could Change Your Mind 45 NM 1979 US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 44m
The Alan Parsons Project Games People Play / The Ace Of Swords 45 NM AS0573 1979 US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 44m
The Alan Parsons Project I ROBOT PRESS MEXICO VERY RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
The Alan Parsons Project "Robot" LP Record Album Condition Very Good US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 33m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LOT OF 4 LPS PROGRESSIVE ROCK,1970'S BRITISH ROCK US $14.99 [0 bids]
I Robot - Alan Parsons Project US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 16m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ~ EVE german VINYL LP rare NICE! US $9.77 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy - RARE COLOURED PVC SLEEVE - LP Vinyl US $16.64 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Alan Parsons Project "What Goes Up" Oz LARGE A PROMO 7" US $7.46 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Alan Parsons Project "Don't Answer Me" Terrific Oz 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Alan Parsons Project 12 in. Promo Arista Records,1985,ADP-9348,Days Are Numbers US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
italo CUBE concert boy / Alan parsons project you don't US $27.99 Buy It Now 12h 43m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Best Of CD Eye in the Sky, I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You US $2.49 [0 bids]
*SEALED* THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ORIG LP 1983 ARISTA PROG ROCK SYNT US $6.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, Eve Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Alan Parsons Project Gaudi Cassette Tape 1987 Progressive Pop Rock La Sagrada US $3.99 Buy It Now 13h 34m
Alan Parsons Project Eve Cassette 1979 ORG USA Vintage Arista ATC-9504 Prog Rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Cassette 1982 Prog Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE LP EX US $11.69 Buy It Now 13h 52m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP PYRAMID 1978 VG+ AB-4180 ORIGINAL SLEEVE US $4.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - You Dont Believe - 7" Single PS US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 12m
VG++ ALAN PARSONS PROJECT YOU DON'T BELIEVE 1983 45 RPM ARISTA AS 1-9108 PROMO US $2.98 Buy It Now 15h 56m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-I ROBOT/ARISTA RECORDS, 1977 AL-7002 VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 16h 11m
Maxell Rock Sampler vinyl LP 1978 VG+ RCA Records Stereo Alan Parsons Project US $9.95 Buy It Now 16h 13m
Alan Parsons Project - Tales of mystery and imagination SEALED US $45.89 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Alan Parsons Project, Ammonia Avenue Audio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m
Alan Parsons Project LP Stereotomy PLASTIC SLEEVE US $16.00 Buy It Now 17h 29m
CD: Extended Versions - Alan Parsons Project - Sealed US $10.52 Buy It Now 17h 40m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT : IROBOT (GATEFOLD) (AL7002) - RARITIES US $4.49 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 18h 42m
The Alan Parsons Project I Robot (Gatefold) *AL-7002* Record, Vinyl, Album, LP US $2.97 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Anthology UK Connoisseur Cd US $1.99 [0 bids]
1976 LP RECORD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT TALES OF MYSTERY & IMAGINATION US $4.36 Buy It Now 19h 28m
1977 LP RECORD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT US $4.36 Buy It Now 19h 29m
1980 LP RECORD THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $4.36 Buy It Now 19h 30m
The Alan Parsons Project, I Robot, MFSL 1-084 US $25.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 1979 ARISTA CLASSIC ROCK PROG LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan 1977 NM LP I ROBOT 25RS-70 US $18.99 Buy It Now 20h 6m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 4 LP LOT ALBUM VINYL COLLECTION Records Eve/Robot/Eye+ US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT BEST OF VINYL LP ARISTA VG+ US $6.00 [1 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT:AMMONIA AVENUE:RML 53118:ARISTA Records:LP US $17.24 Buy It Now 21h 12m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve 1979 VG++ US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 34m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1983 VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 34m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (CD) US $7.49 Buy It Now 22h 11m
PROMO ONLY ALAN PARSONS PROJECT JAPAN 7INCH GAMES PEOPL US $79.99 Buy It Now 23h 21m
MFSL-1-084 1982 Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" 1982 super vinyl record nm- US $55.55 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Best of Alan Parsons Project Vol. 2 US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Don't Answer Me Record 45 RPM 7" Vintage 1984 MINT US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP STEREOTOMY MADE IN AUSTRALIA 1984 US $7.27 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-DAYS ARE NUMBERS-12"-ARISTA NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture LP Vinyl JAPAN 25RS-239 W/ OBI US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT D/Rem CD W/BONUS *NEW* US $13.03 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - DON'T ANSWER ME - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1984 US $3.63 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT cd VULTURE CULTURE hawkeye TRAVELLER let's talk about me US $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project [Arista 1983] by Alan Project Parsons... US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue Vinyl LP US $41.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky (1999) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Eye in the Sky by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PRO - AMMONIA AVENUE [THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT] - NEW CD US $7.61 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Alan Parsons Project, The?- Stereotomy Label: Arista ?- AL9-8 US $28.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION" FACTORY SEALED LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project Vinyl LP Arista Records,1986, AL9-8384, Stereotomy ~ NM- ! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue ~ Arista AL8 8204 US $5.95 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MYSTERY EYE I ROBOT TURN EVE PYRAMID Sealed 180G 9 LPSET US $467.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project Vinyl LP Arista Records,1979, AL-9504, Eve ~ Near Mint- ! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project 70s POP ROCK LP Best Of GATEFOLD US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BEST OF ALAN PARSONS PROJECT. 1983. Arista. US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy AL-8384 Nice US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-LUCIFER-RARE ORIGINAL AUSTRIAN PRESSING PS 45rpm 1979 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A good summary

An excellent two CD collection of many of the best tracks by the Alan Parson's Project, and indeed Alan Parsons (post Eric Wolfson) . The albums covered range from the first ("Tales of Mystery and imagination") right through to "Try anything once". The tracks appear in chronological order with all the albums being well represented.

As with any compilation which seeks to summarise a band's work, the choice of tracks included and excluded can be questioned. The following are my own thoughts here: - Only two tracks included from what is widely regarded as one of APP's finest albums, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Of these "Dr Tarr.." appears to have been chosen as the opener due to it's upbeat style, but for me it was a comparatively weak track. - A good selection from "I Robot" is present, but it is a shame room was not found for "Day after day". - The lovely ballads "Shadow of a lonely man" from the "Pyramid" album, "Silence and I" from "Eye in the sky" and "Limelight" from "Stereotomy" are all missing. - The prog flavoured "La Sagrada Familia" from "Gaudi" is also missed off.

To make way for some of these, I would have omitted some of the mid-paced pop related material such as "Let's talk about me", and "I wouldn't want to be like you".

What the compilers appear to have done is to attempt to create a balanced collection, with ballads, light pop and instrumentals. Whether this is the best approach to take when compiling a definitive collection album is a matter for debate. Nevertheless, this is an excellent extended collection of some of APP's best tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#17709) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars If my previous reviews on Kansas and VDGG were examples of a good compilations up to my taste, this - and each APP compilation I've seen - only reminds of the awful commercial single hit point of view, as opposed to my approach where 'the best' are hardly ever single- potential songs. All in all a large deal of Alan Parsons Project is more or less dull 'engineer- music' and many of its pop songs come closer to disco than prog, and yet it has three nearly excellent albums plus some partly enjoyable albums. If I had my way, I'd absolutely avoid those monotonous pop tunes such as 'You don't believe', 'Snake eyes', 'Prime time' etc and concentrate especially on the first three albums and choose better tracks from later albums (if there ARE at all any good ones in e.g. Stereotomy or Vulture Culture, I don't know).

If I had come to APP via these compilations, I'd probably never got interested to listen more of it - and I would have lost some fine music. My favourite APP album is Tales of Mystery and Imagination (the Poe theme helps the fact!) but the edition of this 2-cd collection I borrowed yesterday has none from it. The representation of Pyramid album comes closest to meet my taste, even without the lovely 'Shadow of the Lonely Man', but also its worst tracks have been included.

I think APP have chosen their regular singers badly: I almost hate Lenny Zakatek and Chris Rainbow, and Eric Woolfson himself is also a weak singer (these singers dominate this collection).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#17710) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This 2 CD compilation "The Definitive Collection", containing the works of Alan Parsons Project, is a terrific introduction to the band showcasing excellent snippets from all of the studio albums from "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to "Gaudi", plus some extras. A decent selection from the debut includes (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether and The Raven, (of course that track had to be here) opens the compilation. Then we move into the best tracks from "I, Robot", the wonderful title track, pop favourite I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Breakdown, and Don't Let It Show.

After this some excellent tracks from "Pyramid" follow, the first three album tracks that are mesmirising are here, Voyager, What Goes Up, and The Eagle Will Rise Again. Also there are Can't Take It With You, and Pyramania. These are okay but I always prefer the instrumental tracks on side two especially the brilliant Hyper Gamma Spaces. This track is on other compilations so I guess the compilers were trying to add something different here but seemed to focus on the pop singles which are not necessarily the best examples of APP.

From "Eve" there is Lucifer, Damned If I Do, and If I Could Change Your Mind. They seem okay though I have not heard the whole album. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I) is taken from the album with the same name, along with Snake Eyes, Games People Play and Time. Games People Play is one of the first APP songs I heard as a teenager, and it certainly is memorable with some great keyboards and infectious chorus.

Disk Two is not as strong as I guess the albums became even more poppier. Sirius opens proceedings with an instrumental, and then the title track of the next album showcases the band at their best on Eye In The Sky. There is a decent selection fro that famous album with Psychobabble, Mammagamma and Old And Wise.

From "Ammonia Avenue" comes Prime Time, Don't Answer Me, and You Don't Believe. It was evident the band were becoming radio oriented primarily here. Following this from "Vulture Culture" is Let's Talk About Me and Days Are Numbers (The Traveller). From "Stereotomy" is the title track and In The Real World. From "Gaudi" is Standing On Higher Ground, and Too Late, though it would have been nice to have had a more progressive track such as La Sagrada Familia.

The compilation closes with some tracks from "Try Anything Once", that was not an Alan Parsons Project album as such but his first solo project released in 1993. The tracks here are Turn It Up and the instrumental Re-Jigue. It caps off a fairly comprehensive compilation of the band that is perhaps represented on these 2 CDs well enough for a newcomer to the group, and it certainly led me to some of their more impressive albums.

Most of the singles are here for those who are interested in the radio friendly side of the group, namely (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether, The Raven, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Don't Let It Show, Pyramania, What Goes Up, Lucifer, Damned If I Do, Games People Play, Time, Snake Eyes, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eye in the Sky, Psychobabble, Old and Wise, You Don't Believe, Don't Answer Me, Prime Time, Let's Talk About Me, Days Are Numbers (The Traveller), Stereotomy, and Standing on Higher Ground.

If one were to remove all the singles there would only be 10 tracks left on the album. Herein lies the problem for me as the band have some strong progressive tracks but they are all but ignored on this compilation. It would be a far more apt description to call this the singles collection rather than "The Definitive Collection". "Freudiana" is not represented on the compilation perhaps because it is thought to be more of an Eric Woolfson solo album, The compilation is a mere taster of the project as there are certainly many omissions that deserved to be heard over many of these choices. In any case it is one of the better compilations from the Alan Parsons Project.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#896120) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 stars A great introduction to the Alan Parsons Project. This set is a great introduction to the progressive rock band Alan Parsons Project. It samples a couple of tracks from each album and makes them easily accessible. The only downside is that each APP album was put together as a whole, and samplin ... (read more)

Report this review (#140116) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Definitive Collection"