THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project The Definitive Collection album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (4:20)
2. The Raven (3:57)
3. I Robot instrumental (6:06)
4. I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (3:19)
5. Breakdown (3:50)
6. Don't Let It Show (3:50)
7. Voyager instrumental (2:24)
8. What Goes Up vocal (3:31)
9. The Eagle Will Rise Again (4:38)
10. Can't Take It With You (5:05)
11. Pyramania (2:45)
12. Lucifer instrumental (5:08)
13. Damned If I Do (4:53)
14. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)
15. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I)(2:38)
16. Snake Eyes (3:10)
17. Games People Play (4:14)
18. Time vocal (5:08)

Disk Two
1. Sirius Instrumental (1:53)
2. Eye In The Sky (4:36)
3. Psychobabble (4:51)
4. Mammagamma instrumental (3:34)
5. Old And Wise (4:51)
6. Prime Time (5:03)
7. Don't Answer Me (4:11)
8. You Don't Believe (4:26)
9. Let's Talk About Me (4:22)
10. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:02)
11. Stereotomy (7:15)
12. In The Real World (4:17)
13. Standing On Higher Ground (5:02)
14. Too Late (5:55)
15. Turn It Up (5:32)
16. Re-Jigue Instrumental (2:49)

Total Time:

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
The Turn Of A Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project Vinyl LP 1980 NICE! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons (CD, Oct-2006, Arista) US $0.01 [1 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT CASSETTE TAPE EYE IN THE SKY 1981 US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 34m
LP-ALAN PARSONS PROJECT/I ROBOT/77,ARISTA/GATEFOLD/VG+ US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
VG++ ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY/GEMINI 1982 ARISTA RECORDS AS 0696 US $2.98 Buy It Now 2h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE-DEFINITIVE COLLECTION CD NEW US $24.58 Buy It Now 3h 6m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- VULTURE CULTURE CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD (ARISTA AL 9518) EXCELLENT! US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Alan Parsons Project, The - The Turn Of A Friendly Card US $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid AB4180 R VG C VG (LP-12152) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Alan Parsons Project Robot R VG C VG (LP-12194) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Alan Parsons Project Gaudi & Vulture Culture on Cassette US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Lp Pyramid 1978 Arista records US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 50m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PRIME TIME" 45 RECORD US $0.99 [0 bids]
5h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Turn Of A Friendly Card 1980 Lp *FACTORY SEALED* NO Cutout US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LIMELIGHT THE BEST VOL.2 JAPAN CD A32D-28 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Vulture Culture - Alan Parsons Project LP Record Album Vinyl E+ US $0.01 [0 bids]
6h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "Eye In The Sky" LP 1982 1st US PROMO w/STICKER + PRESS US $23.88 Buy It Now 6h 57m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Pyramid LP - N/MINT vinyl - Colin Blunstone/Zombies US $9.59 Buy It Now 7h 2m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE Cassette Tape US $13.21 Buy It Now 8h 16m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT A BRIEF INTRODUCTION CARD SLEEVE PROMO CD ALBUM 2006 US $12.98 Buy It Now 8h 54m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT:AMMONIA AVENUE:RML 53118:ARISTA Records:LP US $16.14 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Turn Of A Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project *New CD* US $4.02 Buy It Now 8h 58m
I Robot by The Alan Parsons Project, Alan Project Parsons *New CD* US $4.06 Buy It Now 9h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Lets talk about me/Hawkeye "7"45 RPM Vinyl Record US $2.62 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue SEALED 1984 LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
The Alan Parsons Project Eve Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project-I Robot Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project-Vulture Culture Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky Us Lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Alan Parsons Project-Alan Parsons Project Anthology CD CD Very Good US $7.28 Buy It Now 13h 57m
"Eye In The Sky/Gemini" by The Alan Parsons Project 45 Record (AS-0696) US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
NOS ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, The - The Turn Of A Friendly Card (reissue) - LP US $32.24 Buy It Now 15h 7m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'PRIME TIME' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE #2 US $9.73 Buy It Now 15h 9m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'DON'T ANSWER ME' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $7.71 Buy It Now 15h 9m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'PRIME TIME' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $9.73 Buy It Now 15h 9m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 'DON'T ANSWER ME' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE #2 US $7.71 Buy It Now 15h 9m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Time/The Gold Bug 45 #AS0598 - no sleeve US $1.00 Buy It Now 15h 13m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Gaudi CD Japan 7 tracks Arista 32RD-89 US $7.99 [1 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-VULTURE CULTURE, STILL SEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $22.90 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project lot of 2 Lps Edgar Allan Poe, Turn of a Friendly Card US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 52m
THE ALAN PARSONS PRO - THIS IS (THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT) - NEW CD US $7.69 Buy It Now 17h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: AMMONIA AVENUE, USED CD! US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE 1984 GERMANY LP+ INNER SLEEVE *NM VINYL US $14.54 Buy It Now 17h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT STEREOTOMY AUSTRALIAN 1984 LP + INNER SLEEVE * NICE ITEM* US $11.29 Buy It Now 17h 36m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 52m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT : IROBOT (GATEFOLD) (AL7002) - RARITIES US $4.49 Buy It Now 17h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-WHAT GOES UP/IN THE LAP OF THE GODS ARISTA 0352 VG+ 45 US $7.98 Buy It Now 18h 19m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 2xCassette Tapes ROCK Eye In The Sky GAMES PEOPLE PLAY US $4.20 Buy It Now 18h 22m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - AMMONIA AVENUE LP NM in SHRINK US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DAYS ARE NUMBERED PROMO 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $2.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales Of Mystery And Imagination 0698 Vinyl LP VG+ b US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky CD (SEE DESCRIPTION) US $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 46m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Tales Of Mystery And Imagination 6463 160 Vinyl LP VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 18h 46m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Gaudi Vinyl LP VG++ EX AL 8448 a US $10.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Gaudi Vinyl LP VG++ EX AL 8448 b US $10.99 Buy It Now 19h
AL 9518 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD US $9.50 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - AMMONIA AVENUE - NEAR MINT ARISTA RECORD 1984 US $8.00 Buy It Now 19h 12m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eve LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 44m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue 1983 VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" LP From 1977 ( Arista Records ) US $19.99 [0 bids]
20h
The Alan Parsons Project "Vulture Culture" LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Turn of a Friendly Card, The Alan Parsons Project, New Original recording remast US $8.74 Buy It Now 20h 5m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT PYRAMID LP US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 6m
The Alan Parsons Project LP: Vulture Culture From 1984 ( Arista Records ) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Eye in The Sky 1982 Arista AL9599 US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture_(Picture Disc)_Vinyl Record LP_PD8263 US $34.99 Buy It Now 20h 18m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Gaudi (LP, 1987) Near Mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 20h 18m
THE ALAN PARSONS' PROJECT Stereotomy LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 20h 18m
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Legacy Edition) [CD New] US $16.44 Buy It Now 20h 26m
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn Of A Friendly Card Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 34m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best Of... LP OOP early-80's prog-rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 20h 40m
1984 Promo Alan Parsons Project Don't Answer Me 7" 45 rpm Arista AS 1-9160 NM- US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
The Alan Parsons Project The Turn of a Friendly Card LP 1980 Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 20h 51m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Live Span RARE LIVE 2 CD SET LiveSpan 2013 CONCERT WOW US $42.99 Buy It Now 21h 50m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP PYRAMID ARISTA 4180 US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot 2007 UK 15-trk promo test CD US $9.74 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue AL8 8204 Vinyl LP VG+ a US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 48m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue AL8 8204 Vinyl LP VG++ EX b US $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 51m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Best Of Volume 2 II AL 8486 Vinyl LP VG++ EX US $13.99 Buy It Now 22h 59m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT....THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD ....EXCELLENT CONDITION! US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card on Arista Records SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m
The Alan Parsons Project Pyramid {AB-4180} **WITH INSERT** Record, Vinyl, Album US $2.50 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Best Of (LP, 1983, Arista AL8-8193) VG++/NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 53m
Alan Parsons Project - Mystery & Imagination of Edgar Allan Poe (LP Portugal)VG+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 53m
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of A Friendly Card (LP Arista AL8-8043) VG+/VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 23h 54m
The Alan Parsons Project: The Turn of a Friendly Card US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project: Pyramid AB 41080 US $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project: I Robot Arista AL 7002 US $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project: Eve / AL9504 US $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project: Ammonia Avenue AL88024 US $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Stereotomy by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons *New CD* US $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Vulture Culture by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons *New CD* US $2.90 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A good summary

An excellent two CD collection of many of the best tracks by the Alan Parson's Project, and indeed Alan Parsons (post Eric Wolfson) . The albums covered range from the first ("Tales of Mystery and imagination") right through to "Try anything once". The tracks appear in chronological order with all the albums being well represented.

As with any compilation which seeks to summarise a band's work, the choice of tracks included and excluded can be questioned. The following are my own thoughts here: - Only two tracks included from what is widely regarded as one of APP's finest albums, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Of these "Dr Tarr.." appears to have been chosen as the opener due to it's upbeat style, but for me it was a comparatively weak track. - A good selection from "I Robot" is present, but it is a shame room was not found for "Day after day". - The lovely ballads "Shadow of a lonely man" from the "Pyramid" album, "Silence and I" from "Eye in the sky" and "Limelight" from "Stereotomy" are all missing. - The prog flavoured "La Sagrada Familia" from "Gaudi" is also missed off.

To make way for some of these, I would have omitted some of the mid-paced pop related material such as "Let's talk about me", and "I wouldn't want to be like you".

What the compilers appear to have done is to attempt to create a balanced collection, with ballads, light pop and instrumentals. Whether this is the best approach to take when compiling a definitive collection album is a matter for debate. Nevertheless, this is an excellent extended collection of some of APP's best tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#17709) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars If my previous reviews on Kansas and VDGG were examples of a good compilations up to my taste, this - and each APP compilation I've seen - only reminds of the awful commercial single hit point of view, as opposed to my approach where 'the best' are hardly ever single- potential songs. All in all a large deal of Alan Parsons Project is more or less dull 'engineer- music' and many of its pop songs come closer to disco than prog, and yet it has three nearly excellent albums plus some partly enjoyable albums. If I had my way, I'd absolutely avoid those monotonous pop tunes such as 'You don't believe', 'Snake eyes', 'Prime time' etc and concentrate especially on the first three albums and choose better tracks from later albums (if there ARE at all any good ones in e.g. Stereotomy or Vulture Culture, I don't know).

If I had come to APP via these compilations, I'd probably never got interested to listen more of it - and I would have lost some fine music. My favourite APP album is Tales of Mystery and Imagination (the Poe theme helps the fact!) but the edition of this 2-cd collection I borrowed yesterday has none from it. The representation of Pyramid album comes closest to meet my taste, even without the lovely 'Shadow of the Lonely Man', but also its worst tracks have been included.

I think APP have chosen their regular singers badly: I almost hate Lenny Zakatek and Chris Rainbow, and Eric Woolfson himself is also a weak singer (these singers dominate this collection).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#17710) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This 2 CD compilation "The Definitive Collection", containing the works of Alan Parsons Project, is a terrific introduction to the band showcasing excellent snippets from all of the studio albums from "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to "Gaudi", plus some extras. A decent selection from the debut includes (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether and The Raven, (of course that track had to be here) opens the compilation. Then we move into the best tracks from "I, Robot", the wonderful title track, pop favourite I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Breakdown, and Don't Let It Show.

After this some excellent tracks from "Pyramid" follow, the first three album tracks that are mesmirising are here, Voyager, What Goes Up, and The Eagle Will Rise Again. Also there are Can't Take It With You, and Pyramania. These are okay but I always prefer the instrumental tracks on side two especially the brilliant Hyper Gamma Spaces. This track is on other compilations so I guess the compilers were trying to add something different here but seemed to focus on the pop singles which are not necessarily the best examples of APP.

From "Eve" there is Lucifer, Damned If I Do, and If I Could Change Your Mind. They seem okay though I have not heard the whole album. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I) is taken from the album with the same name, along with Snake Eyes, Games People Play and Time. Games People Play is one of the first APP songs I heard as a teenager, and it certainly is memorable with some great keyboards and infectious chorus.

Disk Two is not as strong as I guess the albums became even more poppier. Sirius opens proceedings with an instrumental, and then the title track of the next album showcases the band at their best on Eye In The Sky. There is a decent selection fro that famous album with Psychobabble, Mammagamma and Old And Wise.

From "Ammonia Avenue" comes Prime Time, Don't Answer Me, and You Don't Believe. It was evident the band were becoming radio oriented primarily here. Following this from "Vulture Culture" is Let's Talk About Me and Days Are Numbers (The Traveller). From "Stereotomy" is the title track and In The Real World. From "Gaudi" is Standing On Higher Ground, and Too Late, though it would have been nice to have had a more progressive track such as La Sagrada Familia.

The compilation closes with some tracks from "Try Anything Once", that was not an Alan Parsons Project album as such but his first solo project released in 1993. The tracks here are Turn It Up and the instrumental Re-Jigue. It caps off a fairly comprehensive compilation of the band that is perhaps represented on these 2 CDs well enough for a newcomer to the group, and it certainly led me to some of their more impressive albums.

Most of the singles are here for those who are interested in the radio friendly side of the group, namely (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether, The Raven, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Don't Let It Show, Pyramania, What Goes Up, Lucifer, Damned If I Do, Games People Play, Time, Snake Eyes, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eye in the Sky, Psychobabble, Old and Wise, You Don't Believe, Don't Answer Me, Prime Time, Let's Talk About Me, Days Are Numbers (The Traveller), Stereotomy, and Standing on Higher Ground.

If one were to remove all the singles there would only be 10 tracks left on the album. Herein lies the problem for me as the band have some strong progressive tracks but they are all but ignored on this compilation. It would be a far more apt description to call this the singles collection rather than "The Definitive Collection". "Freudiana" is not represented on the compilation perhaps because it is thought to be more of an Eric Woolfson solo album, The compilation is a mere taster of the project as there are certainly many omissions that deserved to be heard over many of these choices. In any case it is one of the better compilations from the Alan Parsons Project.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#896120) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 stars A great introduction to the Alan Parsons Project. This set is a great introduction to the progressive rock band Alan Parsons Project. It samples a couple of tracks from each album and makes them easily accessible. The only downside is that each APP album was put together as a whole, and samplin ... (read more)

Report this review (#140116) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Definitive Collection"