THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project The Definitive Collection album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (4:20)
2. The Raven (3:57)
3. I Robot instrumental (6:06)
4. I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (3:19)
5. Breakdown (3:50)
6. Don't Let It Show (3:50)
7. Voyager instrumental (2:24)
8. What Goes Up vocal (3:31)
9. The Eagle Will Rise Again (4:38)
10. Can't Take It With You (5:05)
11. Pyramania (2:45)
12. Lucifer instrumental (5:08)
13. Damned If I Do (4:53)
14. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)
15. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I)(2:38)
16. Snake Eyes (3:10)
17. Games People Play (4:14)
18. Time vocal (5:08)

Disk Two
1. Sirius Instrumental (1:53)
2. Eye In The Sky (4:36)
3. Psychobabble (4:51)
4. Mammagamma instrumental (3:34)
5. Old And Wise (4:51)
6. Prime Time (5:03)
7. Don't Answer Me (4:11)
8. You Don't Believe (4:26)
9. Let's Talk About Me (4:22)
10. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:02)
11. Stereotomy (7:15)
12. In The Real World (4:17)
13. Standing On Higher Ground (5:02)
14. Too Late (5:55)
15. Turn It Up (5:32)
16. Re-Jigue Instrumental (2:49)

Total Time:

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
The Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture CASSETTE US $1.00 Buy It Now 50m 9s
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I Robot HDAD AUDIO DISC. SEALED! HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE and OOP US $229.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
1982 CLASSIC ROCK The Alan Parsons Project / Eye in The Sky LP VG+ Vinyl @ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1987, BMG) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid - U.S. VINYL LP US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 7m
The Alan Parsons Project 45 Games People Play/The Ace Of Swords Arista Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Alan Parsons Project - If I Could Change Your Mind M- 1979 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
I Robot, The Alan Parsons Project, New Original recording remastered, E US $8.74 Buy It Now 2h 31m
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot HDAD 2003 US $250.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
1977 PROG ROCK The Alan Parsons Project / I, Robot LP @ US $2.25 Buy It Now 3h 8m
The Alan Parsons Project - Don't Let It Show 45 RPM Vinyl Record PROMO MONO 1977 US $6.95 Buy It Now 3h 25m
The Alan Parsons Project...Stereotomy...LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EVE" US $4.95 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD" US $4.95 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, The ?- Eye In The Sky Lp Colombia US $45.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
The Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Answer Me" - 45 RPM - Picture Sleeve US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Pyramid LP (original art label, w/ insert, slight cover w US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT RECORD ALBUM LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD Manufactured in JAPAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Stereotomy - 1985 - CD - ARCD 8384 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAMES PEOPLE PLAY 45rpm SLSK 177 ACL US $1.00 Buy It Now 5h 8m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT , Pyramid , Gatefold , LP , EX- US $1.76 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT pyramid Lp RECORD US $8.75 Buy It Now 5h 20m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ,The Turn Of A Friendly Card , VG+ US $0.88 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - The Turn Of A Friendly Card - 1980 - ARCD 8226 US $4.49 Buy It Now 5h 21m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Gaudi - 1987 - CD - ARCD 8448 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Pyramid - 1978 - CD - ARCD 8225 US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
The Alan Parsons Project 2 CD in EXCELLENT CONDITION US $15.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - X2: I Robot & Eye In The Sky [CD New] US $12.66 Buy It Now 6h 3m
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project/Alan Parsons... US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
CD The Best of The Alan Parsons Project Volume 2 US $7.64 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Alan Parsons Project Vulture Culture CD pressed in Japan for Arista 1984 VH2F US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
The Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue CD pressed for Arista in JAPAN Very HTF US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
UHQR - Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - 12" vinyl - Mobile Fidelity 1-084 SEALED US $374.99 [0 bids]
CD: The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project Volume 2 1987 US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Eye In The Sky/Vulture Culture on 1 CD - 1998 CD - CD US $29.95 Buy It Now 6h 44m
VINYL LP Alan Parsons Project - I Robot / Arista RCA pressing US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Japan CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Alan Parsons Project Eve Japan CD bonus tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy Japan CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue Lp NM Grade A+ NR FREE US SHIPPING US $11.98 Buy It Now 7h 54m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT *GAUDI* (CD, 1987, Arista) MADE IN JAPAN, EXC, FAST SHIP !! US $11.95 Buy It Now 9h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: TIME / THE GOLD BUG - 45 RPM ARISTA AS 0598 US $2.97 Buy It Now 9h 25m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PRIME TIME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 9h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PSYCHOBABBLE" 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EYE IN THE SKY / GEMINI" 45 NEAR MINT US $3.75 Buy It Now 9h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "OLD AND WISE" 45 MINT US $6.75 Buy It Now 9h 31m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "TIME" 45 US $3.75 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Alan Parsons Project-Stereotomy-LP-Arista-1985-Outer Cover-Photo-Biography-NM-M US $53.59 Buy It Now 9h 34m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "LET'S TALK ABOUT ME" 45 US $3.50 Buy It Now 9h 35m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "YOU DON'T BELIEVE" 45 MINT US $5.75 Buy It Now 9h 35m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "DON'T ANSWER ME" 45 US $4.50 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 9h 45m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "I ROBOT" LP US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of Vol 2 - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky - Exc Cond - early press US $6.60 Buy It Now 9h 48m
* THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT ** PYRAMID ** NM - ** IN SHRINK A GREAT GIFT US $10.50 Buy It Now 9h 57m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DON'T ANSWER ME NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEI 97 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GOLD BUG NM 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP VEI 95 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
The Alan Parsons Project Works Gold Disc 2 CD 20 Bit SBM Remaster Factory Sealed US $27.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - I, Robot CD - Exc Cond, Early Press US $6.60 Buy It Now 10h 39m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT -- GAUDI, CASSETTE TAPE US $1.83 Buy It Now 11h 11m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - PYRAMID - 1978 - LP US $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 21m
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky c/w Gemini 7" JAPAN 45 US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Oct-1990, Arista) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Anthology by The Alan Parsons Project (U.K CD ,Connoisseour Coll. 1991 US $2.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - AMMONIA AVENUE, JAPAN LP + OBI, M-! 25RS-223 US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 37m
LP UK PRESS - THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT (PYRAMID) - 1978 - ARISTA 058 60792 US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Ultimate the Alan Parsons Project, Parsons, Alan, New Original recording remaste US $34.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Lot of 4 tapes Styx Alan Parsons Project Nazareth Whitesnake Great condition ! US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT VULTURE CULTURE VINYL RECORD 1984 ARISTA RECORDS US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 39m
Arista 0598 The Alan Parsons Project US $7.95 Buy It Now 14h 8m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "LET'S TALK ABOUT ME" RARE GERMAN 12" SINGLE US $7.70 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Flexidisc : The Alan Parsons Project An Eye Opener US $8.04 [0 bids]
15h
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - STEREOTOMY D/Remaster w/BONUS Trax ~ 80's ELECTRO *NEW* US $11.20 Buy It Now 15h 39m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Prime Time / The Gold Bug 45 RPM 7" Vinyl VG+ US $1.25 Buy It Now 16h 21m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Time / The Gold Bug 45 RPM 7" Vinyl VG+ US $1.25 Buy It Now 16h 22m
3 ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Cassette Tapes! Eye In The Sky, I Robot, Stereotomy US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- THE BEST OF - 12 TRACK CD, GREATEST HITS SINGLES, EYE IN T US $6.15 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Alan Parsons Project-1985-Arista-STILL SEALED-12"-LP- Prog Rock "Stereotomy" US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h
Alan Parsons Project - The Instrumental Works US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 14m
The Alan Parsons Project Tales Of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe LP US $12.49 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Alan Parsons Project, The - Eye In The Sky NEW CD US $7.72 Buy It Now 18h 29m
The Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue With Warranty. US $0.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Legacy Edition) CD US $18.07 Buy It Now 18h 31m
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy LP Record Album Sealed Vinyl US $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 32m
# ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - STANDING ON HIGHER GROUND 12 ROCK PROMO 1987 2 VERSIONS US $1.99 Buy It Now 18h 38m
Alan Parsons Project: Games People Play / The Ace Of Swords 7" 45 NM USA Arista US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 43m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: Lot of 4 Audio Cassettes US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 15m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "SOMEBODY OUT THERE" / "DAYS ARE NUMBERED" 7" 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Alan Parsons Project Gaudi & Vulture Culture on Cassette US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE BEST OF LP ALBUM US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project (Eye In The Sky) US $5.00 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - I ROBOT - CD - BRAND NEW US $15.63 Buy It Now 21h 35m
Alan Parsons Project "Don't Answer Me" b/w "Don't Let It Show" MINT 45 w/PS US $3.01 Buy It Now 21h 36m
NOS ALAN PARSONS PROJECT....PSYCHOBABBLE US $6.00 Buy It Now 21h 40m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT BEST OF ARISTA 25RS-209 Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP US $3.09 [5 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAUDI ARISTA 28RT-17 Japanese Pressing OBI Vinyl LP US $20.50 [18 bids]

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A good summary

An excellent two CD collection of many of the best tracks by the Alan Parson's Project, and indeed Alan Parsons (post Eric Wolfson) . The albums covered range from the first ("Tales of Mystery and imagination") right through to "Try anything once". The tracks appear in chronological order with all the albums being well represented.

As with any compilation which seeks to summarise a band's work, the choice of tracks included and excluded can be questioned. The following are my own thoughts here: - Only two tracks included from what is widely regarded as one of APP's finest albums, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Of these "Dr Tarr.." appears to have been chosen as the opener due to it's upbeat style, but for me it was a comparatively weak track. - A good selection from "I Robot" is present, but it is a shame room was not found for "Day after day". - The lovely ballads "Shadow of a lonely man" from the "Pyramid" album, "Silence and I" from "Eye in the sky" and "Limelight" from "Stereotomy" are all missing. - The prog flavoured "La Sagrada Familia" from "Gaudi" is also missed off.

To make way for some of these, I would have omitted some of the mid-paced pop related material such as "Let's talk about me", and "I wouldn't want to be like you".

What the compilers appear to have done is to attempt to create a balanced collection, with ballads, light pop and instrumentals. Whether this is the best approach to take when compiling a definitive collection album is a matter for debate. Nevertheless, this is an excellent extended collection of some of APP's best tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#17709) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars If my previous reviews on Kansas and VDGG were examples of a good compilations up to my taste, this - and each APP compilation I've seen - only reminds of the awful commercial single hit point of view, as opposed to my approach where 'the best' are hardly ever single- potential songs. All in all a large deal of Alan Parsons Project is more or less dull 'engineer- music' and many of its pop songs come closer to disco than prog, and yet it has three nearly excellent albums plus some partly enjoyable albums. If I had my way, I'd absolutely avoid those monotonous pop tunes such as 'You don't believe', 'Snake eyes', 'Prime time' etc and concentrate especially on the first three albums and choose better tracks from later albums (if there ARE at all any good ones in e.g. Stereotomy or Vulture Culture, I don't know).

If I had come to APP via these compilations, I'd probably never got interested to listen more of it - and I would have lost some fine music. My favourite APP album is Tales of Mystery and Imagination (the Poe theme helps the fact!) but the edition of this 2-cd collection I borrowed yesterday has none from it. The representation of Pyramid album comes closest to meet my taste, even without the lovely 'Shadow of the Lonely Man', but also its worst tracks have been included.

I think APP have chosen their regular singers badly: I almost hate Lenny Zakatek and Chris Rainbow, and Eric Woolfson himself is also a weak singer (these singers dominate this collection).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#17710) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This 2 CD compilation "The Definitive Collection", containing the works of Alan Parsons Project, is a terrific introduction to the band showcasing excellent snippets from all of the studio albums from "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to "Gaudi", plus some extras. A decent selection from the debut includes (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether and The Raven, (of course that track had to be here) opens the compilation. Then we move into the best tracks from "I, Robot", the wonderful title track, pop favourite I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Breakdown, and Don't Let It Show.

After this some excellent tracks from "Pyramid" follow, the first three album tracks that are mesmirising are here, Voyager, What Goes Up, and The Eagle Will Rise Again. Also there are Can't Take It With You, and Pyramania. These are okay but I always prefer the instrumental tracks on side two especially the brilliant Hyper Gamma Spaces. This track is on other compilations so I guess the compilers were trying to add something different here but seemed to focus on the pop singles which are not necessarily the best examples of APP.

From "Eve" there is Lucifer, Damned If I Do, and If I Could Change Your Mind. They seem okay though I have not heard the whole album. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I) is taken from the album with the same name, along with Snake Eyes, Games People Play and Time. Games People Play is one of the first APP songs I heard as a teenager, and it certainly is memorable with some great keyboards and infectious chorus.

Disk Two is not as strong as I guess the albums became even more poppier. Sirius opens proceedings with an instrumental, and then the title track of the next album showcases the band at their best on Eye In The Sky. There is a decent selection fro that famous album with Psychobabble, Mammagamma and Old And Wise.

From "Ammonia Avenue" comes Prime Time, Don't Answer Me, and You Don't Believe. It was evident the band were becoming radio oriented primarily here. Following this from "Vulture Culture" is Let's Talk About Me and Days Are Numbers (The Traveller). From "Stereotomy" is the title track and In The Real World. From "Gaudi" is Standing On Higher Ground, and Too Late, though it would have been nice to have had a more progressive track such as La Sagrada Familia.

The compilation closes with some tracks from "Try Anything Once", that was not an Alan Parsons Project album as such but his first solo project released in 1993. The tracks here are Turn It Up and the instrumental Re-Jigue. It caps off a fairly comprehensive compilation of the band that is perhaps represented on these 2 CDs well enough for a newcomer to the group, and it certainly led me to some of their more impressive albums.

Most of the singles are here for those who are interested in the radio friendly side of the group, namely (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether, The Raven, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Don't Let It Show, Pyramania, What Goes Up, Lucifer, Damned If I Do, Games People Play, Time, Snake Eyes, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eye in the Sky, Psychobabble, Old and Wise, You Don't Believe, Don't Answer Me, Prime Time, Let's Talk About Me, Days Are Numbers (The Traveller), Stereotomy, and Standing on Higher Ground.

If one were to remove all the singles there would only be 10 tracks left on the album. Herein lies the problem for me as the band have some strong progressive tracks but they are all but ignored on this compilation. It would be a far more apt description to call this the singles collection rather than "The Definitive Collection". "Freudiana" is not represented on the compilation perhaps because it is thought to be more of an Eric Woolfson solo album, The compilation is a mere taster of the project as there are certainly many omissions that deserved to be heard over many of these choices. In any case it is one of the better compilations from the Alan Parsons Project.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#896120) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 stars A great introduction to the Alan Parsons Project. This set is a great introduction to the progressive rock band Alan Parsons Project. It samples a couple of tracks from each album and makes them easily accessible. The only downside is that each APP album was put together as a whole, and samplin ... (read more)

Report this review (#140116) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Definitive Collection"