THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION

Alan Parsons Project

Alan Parsons Project The Definitive Collection album cover

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1997

1. (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether (4:20)
2. The Raven (3:57)
3. I Robot instrumental (6:06)
4. I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (3:19)
5. Breakdown (3:50)
6. Don't Let It Show (3:50)
7. Voyager instrumental (2:24)
8. What Goes Up vocal (3:31)
9. The Eagle Will Rise Again (4:38)
10. Can't Take It With You (5:05)
11. Pyramania (2:45)
12. Lucifer instrumental (5:08)
13. Damned If I Do (4:53)
14. If I Could Change Your Mind (5:49)
15. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I)(2:38)
16. Snake Eyes (3:10)
17. Games People Play (4:14)
18. Time vocal (5:08)

Disk Two
1. Sirius Instrumental (1:53)
2. Eye In The Sky (4:36)
3. Psychobabble (4:51)
4. Mammagamma instrumental (3:34)
5. Old And Wise (4:51)
6. Prime Time (5:03)
7. Don't Answer Me (4:11)
8. You Don't Believe (4:26)
9. Let's Talk About Me (4:22)
10. Days Are Numbers (The Traveller) (4:02)
11. Stereotomy (7:15)
12. In The Real World (4:17)
13. Standing On Higher Ground (5:02)
14. Too Late (5:55)
15. Turn It Up (5:32)
16. Re-Jigue Instrumental (2:49)

Total Time:

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection lyrics

Search ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection tabs

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection Music

I Robot (Legacy Edition)I Robot (Legacy Edition)
Legacy 2013
VERY RARE 1987 USA CASSETTE TAPE @ THIS PRICE~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~GAUDI !!! US $2.99 [0 bids]
CASSETTE ALBUM THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EYE IN THE SKY US $1.62 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "OLD AND WISE" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 37m
70s ROCK LP - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - ARISTA 7002 - "I ROBOT" US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "Tales of Mystery & Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" LP vinyl US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Disconet - Volume 5 Program 8 - Alan Parsons Project/Richard Woods - 12" Single US $6.25 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project 45 Arista Records,1982, AS-0696 ~ Eye in the Sky / Gemini US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT I ROBOT IROBOT RECORD ALBUM US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Best of The Alan Parsons Project LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Ammonia Avenue - Vinyl LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
CD The Alan Parsons Project "I Robot" art rock on Arista 1990 US $1.25 [2 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "AMMONIA AVENUE" ORIGINAL 1984 ARISTA RECORDS AL8-8204 US $10.99 [0 bids]
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan 1979 Promo 7"45 DAMMED IF I US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Japan 1982 Promo Only 7"45 SILENCE US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of US $2.00 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project Pyramid Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $8.00 [0 bids]
LIKE NEW THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT EVE CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eye In The Sky (SEALED LP) Original 1982 Record AL 9599 New US $16.00 Buy It Now 8h 28m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAUNDI LP ALBUM RECORD 33.5 RPM US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 38m
LIKE NEW THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT THE BEST OF vol II CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Tales Of Mystery & Imagination (Deluxe 2 CD Set) US $18.00 [0 bids]
LIKE NEW THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT GAUDI CASSETTE TAPE US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Turn of Friendly Card, vinyl LP, 1980, VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Turn Of A Friendly Card / May Be A Price To Pay 45 US $8.98 Buy It Now 9h 44m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Turn Of A Friendly Card LP Arista 203 000 GERMAN, GERMANY US $9.79 Buy It Now 10h 51m
The Alan Parsons Project Irobot LP Gatefold Arista AL 7002 197$ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Vinyl Alan Parsons Project I Robot 180 Gram LP Import New Factory Sealed SDB US $31.98 Buy It Now 11h 9m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 6 LP LOT Instant Collection! US $31.60 Buy It Now 12h 2m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT AMMONIA AVENUE JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 5m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - VULTURE CULTURE - CD - BRAND NEW US $16.04 Buy It Now 12h 55m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "I Robot" LP 1977 1st US PRESS - w/INNER - GATEFOLD US $22.88 Buy It Now 14h 28m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - "The Turn Of A Friendly Card" LP 1980 1st US PROMO - NM US $23.88 Buy It Now 14h 41m
The Alan Parsons Project : The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project CD (1995) US $8.50 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Alan Parsons Project- The Best Of RARE press DIFF LP RUSSIAN USSR MINT SUPERB US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Alan Parsons Project, The ?- Eye In The Sky LP US $6.13 Buy It Now 17h 22m
The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture 1988 JAPAN CD A25D-7 RARE OOP #AL02 US $11.99 Buy It Now 17h 30m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT_Vulture Culture_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $10.83 Buy It Now 17h 56m
THE TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD BY ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 1980 [LP 33 1/3] VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 6m
The Best Of by ALAN PARSONS PROJECT 1983 [USA cassette] VG cond. US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 10m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT the turn of a friendly card DLART 1 A1/B1 LP PS VG+/VG+ US $14.76 Buy It Now 19h 49m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT the turn of a friendly card 203-000 portugal LP PS VG+/VG+ US $24.42 Buy It Now 19h 50m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT eve FA 41 3071 1 uk emi fame reissue LP PS VG/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 19h 53m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-AMMONIA AVENUE-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 14m
Alan Parsons Project: Gaudi Cassette VG++ Canada Arista AC-8448 US $7.49 Buy It Now 21h 17m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT IROBOT Vinyl Record LP 1977 AL-9599 NM+/VG+ US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 35m
Alan Parsons Project / Pyramid 180gm Vinyl LP MOV Brand New US $30.73 Buy It Now 22h 6m
The Alan Parsons Project(Cassette)Ammonia Avenue-Very Good US $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
The Alan Parsons Project(Cassette)Vulture Culture-Very Good US $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Vulture Culture Remastered CD + 5 Bonus Tracks NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 22h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Eve Remastered CD + 7 Bonus Tracks NEW & SEALED US $10.95 Buy It Now 22h 30m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Turn of A Friendly Card Vinyl Record LP AL-9518 1980 NM/NM- US $24.99 Buy It Now 23h 23m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT Ammonia Avenue LP MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1st PRES 1984 US $21.00 Buy It Now 23h 35m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-Ammonia Avenue 9 Track LP Made In Portugal NM Cond US $24.31 Buy It Now 23h 52m
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / VULTURE CULTURE / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS (ARISTA) US $6.80 Buy It Now 23h 54m
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT:A TURN OF A FRIENDLY CARD-1980 LP US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project"Don' Let It Show/Don't Answer Me"/45/Stereo/ US $3.47 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / EVE / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS 1979 (ARISTA) US $6.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT / STEREOTOMY / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS '85 (ARISTA) US $6.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Essential Alan Parsons Project 3 CD Set 48 Tracks US $13.48 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Vulture Culture - Excellent Con LP Record Arista 206 577 US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Master Hits: The Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project (CD,... US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - EYE IN THE SKY - 1982 ARISTA LP (ORIGINAL INNER) US $1.61 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - EVE - 1979 Arista Records Germany - Nr. 064-63 063 - EX US $7.49 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Sealed Arista LP 1984 US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Alan Parsons Project by The Alan Parsons Project US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project Don't Answer Me 7" US $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy cd album US $4.85 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - AMMONIA AVENUE cassette US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Pyramid by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Vulture Culture by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Eve by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Stereotomy by The Alan Parsons Project (1 CD With Bonus Tracks) US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project LP - Pyramid. G/Fold Sleeve # SPART 1054. Matrix A4/B1. US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "EYE IN THE SKY" ORIGINAL 1982 ARISTA RECORDS AL-9599 US $10.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "PYRAMID" ORIGINAL 1978 ARISTA RECORDS AB-4180 US $10.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky The Turn Of A Friendly Card 12" LP Excel US $7.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue - U.S. cd pressed in Japan - RARE! US $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL USA ISSUE! Ammonia Avenue (1984) The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Arista) US $5.20 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Best Of - Sealed UK CD g US $8.03 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT: I Robot (rock & pop vinyl LP) gatefold cover US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Turn of a Friendly Card by The Alan Parsons Project (CD, Arista) US $3.05 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Stereotomy Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
Alan Parsons Project, The ?- Ammonia Avenue Media VG+ Cover VG+ US $2.75 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture - Cassette Album US $1.61 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- EYE IN THE SKY/ GEMINI 7" SINGLE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- Don't Let it Show 1977 promo DJ EX Arista AS 288 LISTEN US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi CD Manufactured in JAPAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP PYRAMID 1978 VG+ AB-4180 ORIGINAL SLEEVE US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT nr mint vinyl lp AMMONIA AVENUE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT nr mint vinyl lp THE BEST OF THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Alan Parsons Project /Eve Vinyl 1979 GAT Sealed US $10.00 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project Works Gold Disc 2 CD 20 Bit SBM Remaster Factory Sealed US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT-DAYS ARE NUMBERS-12"-ARISTA NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture JAPAN LP with OBI and LYRIC SHEET US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky JAPAN LP with OBI and LYRIC SHEET US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue JAPAN LP with OBI and LYRIC SHEET US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT LP-VULTURE CULTURE/ARISTA RECORDS, AL8-8263 VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS; - ALAN PARSONS PROJECT- I ROBOT- ARISTA AL-7002 US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAN PARSONS PROJECT cd VULTURE CULTURE hawkeye TRAVELLER let's talk about me US $8.99 [0 bids]
NN~CD~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~I ROBOT US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT music online Buy ALAN PARSONS PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAN PARSONS PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection ratings distribution

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT The Definitive Collection reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars A good summary

An excellent two CD collection of many of the best tracks by the Alan Parson's Project, and indeed Alan Parsons (post Eric Wolfson) . The albums covered range from the first ("Tales of Mystery and imagination") right through to "Try anything once". The tracks appear in chronological order with all the albums being well represented.

As with any compilation which seeks to summarise a band's work, the choice of tracks included and excluded can be questioned. The following are my own thoughts here: - Only two tracks included from what is widely regarded as one of APP's finest albums, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". Of these "Dr Tarr.." appears to have been chosen as the opener due to it's upbeat style, but for me it was a comparatively weak track. - A good selection from "I Robot" is present, but it is a shame room was not found for "Day after day". - The lovely ballads "Shadow of a lonely man" from the "Pyramid" album, "Silence and I" from "Eye in the sky" and "Limelight" from "Stereotomy" are all missing. - The prog flavoured "La Sagrada Familia" from "Gaudi" is also missed off.

To make way for some of these, I would have omitted some of the mid-paced pop related material such as "Let's talk about me", and "I wouldn't want to be like you".

What the compilers appear to have done is to attempt to create a balanced collection, with ballads, light pop and instrumentals. Whether this is the best approach to take when compiling a definitive collection album is a matter for debate. Nevertheless, this is an excellent extended collection of some of APP's best tracks.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#17709) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars If my previous reviews on Kansas and VDGG were examples of a good compilations up to my taste, this - and each APP compilation I've seen - only reminds of the awful commercial single hit point of view, as opposed to my approach where 'the best' are hardly ever single- potential songs. All in all a large deal of Alan Parsons Project is more or less dull 'engineer- music' and many of its pop songs come closer to disco than prog, and yet it has three nearly excellent albums plus some partly enjoyable albums. If I had my way, I'd absolutely avoid those monotonous pop tunes such as 'You don't believe', 'Snake eyes', 'Prime time' etc and concentrate especially on the first three albums and choose better tracks from later albums (if there ARE at all any good ones in e.g. Stereotomy or Vulture Culture, I don't know).

If I had come to APP via these compilations, I'd probably never got interested to listen more of it - and I would have lost some fine music. My favourite APP album is Tales of Mystery and Imagination (the Poe theme helps the fact!) but the edition of this 2-cd collection I borrowed yesterday has none from it. The representation of Pyramid album comes closest to meet my taste, even without the lovely 'Shadow of the Lonely Man', but also its worst tracks have been included.

I think APP have chosen their regular singers badly: I almost hate Lenny Zakatek and Chris Rainbow, and Eric Woolfson himself is also a weak singer (these singers dominate this collection).

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#17710) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 07, 2005

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars This 2 CD compilation "The Definitive Collection", containing the works of Alan Parsons Project, is a terrific introduction to the band showcasing excellent snippets from all of the studio albums from "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" to "Gaudi", plus some extras. A decent selection from the debut includes (The System of) Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether and The Raven, (of course that track had to be here) opens the compilation. Then we move into the best tracks from "I, Robot", the wonderful title track, pop favourite I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Breakdown, and Don't Let It Show.

After this some excellent tracks from "Pyramid" follow, the first three album tracks that are mesmirising are here, Voyager, What Goes Up, and The Eagle Will Rise Again. Also there are Can't Take It With You, and Pyramania. These are okay but I always prefer the instrumental tracks on side two especially the brilliant Hyper Gamma Spaces. This track is on other compilations so I guess the compilers were trying to add something different here but seemed to focus on the pop singles which are not necessarily the best examples of APP.

From "Eve" there is Lucifer, Damned If I Do, and If I Could Change Your Mind. They seem okay though I have not heard the whole album. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part I) is taken from the album with the same name, along with Snake Eyes, Games People Play and Time. Games People Play is one of the first APP songs I heard as a teenager, and it certainly is memorable with some great keyboards and infectious chorus.

Disk Two is not as strong as I guess the albums became even more poppier. Sirius opens proceedings with an instrumental, and then the title track of the next album showcases the band at their best on Eye In The Sky. There is a decent selection fro that famous album with Psychobabble, Mammagamma and Old And Wise.

From "Ammonia Avenue" comes Prime Time, Don't Answer Me, and You Don't Believe. It was evident the band were becoming radio oriented primarily here. Following this from "Vulture Culture" is Let's Talk About Me and Days Are Numbers (The Traveller). From "Stereotomy" is the title track and In The Real World. From "Gaudi" is Standing On Higher Ground, and Too Late, though it would have been nice to have had a more progressive track such as La Sagrada Familia.

The compilation closes with some tracks from "Try Anything Once", that was not an Alan Parsons Project album as such but his first solo project released in 1993. The tracks here are Turn It Up and the instrumental Re-Jigue. It caps off a fairly comprehensive compilation of the band that is perhaps represented on these 2 CDs well enough for a newcomer to the group, and it certainly led me to some of their more impressive albums.

Most of the singles are here for those who are interested in the radio friendly side of the group, namely (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether, The Raven, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, Don't Let It Show, Pyramania, What Goes Up, Lucifer, Damned If I Do, Games People Play, Time, Snake Eyes, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Eye in the Sky, Psychobabble, Old and Wise, You Don't Believe, Don't Answer Me, Prime Time, Let's Talk About Me, Days Are Numbers (The Traveller), Stereotomy, and Standing on Higher Ground.

If one were to remove all the singles there would only be 10 tracks left on the album. Herein lies the problem for me as the band have some strong progressive tracks but they are all but ignored on this compilation. It would be a far more apt description to call this the singles collection rather than "The Definitive Collection". "Freudiana" is not represented on the compilation perhaps because it is thought to be more of an Eric Woolfson solo album, The compilation is a mere taster of the project as there are certainly many omissions that deserved to be heard over many of these choices. In any case it is one of the better compilations from the Alan Parsons Project.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#896120) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013

4 stars A great introduction to the Alan Parsons Project. This set is a great introduction to the progressive rock band Alan Parsons Project. It samples a couple of tracks from each album and makes them easily accessible. The only downside is that each APP album was put together as a whole, and samplin ... (read more)

Report this review (#140116) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAN PARSONS PROJECT "The Definitive Collection"