THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
World Is RoundWorld Is Round
METAL MIN2 2011
BON JOVI 2001 ONE WILD NIGHT 3 TRACK LIVE I BELIEVE LYHOM UK IMPORT 572 949-2 US $6.00 Buy It Now 33m 53s
A1 Be The First To Believe Diff Mixes 12" Vinyl Single US $11.36 Buy It Now 42m 10s
A1 Be The First To Believe 12" Vinyl Single US $11.36 Buy It Now 42m 10s
DOROTHY MOORE - I BELIEVE YOU/LOVE ME 45 RPM --1977 US $1.99 Buy It Now 44m 35s
ROBERT & JOHNNY MARRY ME/ I BELIEVE IN YOU 45 VINYL OLD TOWN US $2.90 Buy It Now 45m 52s
ELVIS PRESLEY - CRYING IN THE CHAPEL.I BELIEVE IN THE MAN IN THE SKY - 45 RPM US $1.99 Buy It Now 47m 54s
Scorpions - Don't Believe Her (3098) Vertigo (1990) VRXDJ 52 - 12" Vinyl EP US $12.06 Buy It Now 48m 7s
TERRY SONNY/BROWNIE MCGHEE - I COULDN`T BELIEVE MY EYES - BGOCD407 US $18.04 Buy It Now 49m 44s
The Human League - Love Action (I Believe In Love) (12770) Virgin (1981) VS 435 US $5.44 Buy It Now 52m 38s
CD "CHER: BELIEVE" / The Power of Love / All or Nothing / Strong Enough / +++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
54m
EMF - I Believe (12180) Parlophone (1991) R 6279 - 7" Vinyl 45rpm US $6.02 Buy It Now 54m 7s
EMF I Believe (12179) Parlophone (1991) R 6279 - 7" Single EX(-)/VG(-) US $5.41 Buy It Now 55m 29s
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas (13311) Manticore (1975) K 13511 - 7" US $5.97 Buy It Now 59m 25s
Punch - They Dont Have Tp Believe Lp Green/yellow V Touche Amore Converge Code O US $15.42 [4 bids]
w PICTURE SLEEVE The Bachelors I Believe 1964 45rpm VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
MERCY MERCEDES-BELIEVE IT-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK D95 US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
I Believe by Courtney Fadlin (CD, Aug-2001, Acquire Records) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Shock of Being - Believe Make New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.54 Buy It Now 1h 10m
BLANCMANGE BELIEVE YOU ME LP WITH INNER SLEEVE UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 1h 10m
CANADA PICT SLEEVE DONNA SUMMER SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY I DO BELIEVE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Bonnie Scott RCA 7025 I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 19m
I Still Believe in You by Vince Gill (CD, Sep-1992, MCA Nashville) US $0.98 [0 bids]
I Believe by Tata Young (CD, Nov-2004, King) US $0.98 [0 bids]
SMASHING PUMPKINS:1979 [6 TRACK CD] 1979,BELIEVE,UGLY,THE BOY,CHERRY++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
I Believe - Perry Como New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $12.51 Buy It Now 1h 29m
EVERY MOTHERS' SON 45~COME ON DOWN TO MY BOAT/I BELIEVE IN YOU (MGM K 13733) US $6.99 [0 bids]
EDDIE FREEMAN 45~CHURCH BELLS/BELIEVE (QUEEN BEE 1001) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Believe [US CD/12" Single] [Single] by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $0.59 [0 bids]
LIONEL HAMPTON I Can't Believe You're In Love With Me M-G-M PROMO 78~10979 US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
CARPENTERS make believe it's your first time 7" b/w look to your dreams (am147) US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 53m
THE HAPPY CLAPPERS - I BELIEVE (VANDALISM REMIXES) - UK PROMO CD SINGLE US $3.23 Buy It Now 1h 54m
CHER - BELIEVE - UK CD SINGLE - PART 1 US $2.91 Buy It Now 1h 56m
CHER - BELIEVE - UK CD SINGLE - PART 2 US $2.91 Buy It Now 1h 56m
* CHER - Believe US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 59m
SLADE do you believe in miracles 7" b/w my oh my swing version (pb40449) pic sle US $8.10 Buy It Now 2h 2m
OASIS LOT 4CD+1DVD LYLA WONDERWALL ROLL WITH IT HINDU TIMES DON'T BELIEVE TRUTH US $17.84 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Reason to Believe: A Country Music Tribute to Bruce Springsteen by Various... US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Mariah Carey "I Still Believe" RARE 3 tk CD from 1999 WHITE SLEEVE US $36.11 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Mariah Carey "I Still Believe" RARE Aussie 5 tk CD from 1999 MINT US $18.05 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Lawrence - I believe I can fly Lp record album Dj album VG NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
EMF I Believe Remix Uk 12" US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
CRYTAL GAYLE 8 TRACK TAPE LOT(3) CRYSTAL/SOMEBODY LOVES YOU/WE MUST BELIEVE IN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sugar, Believe What You're Saying Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
CD KATHERINE JONES Believe Used very good US $2.05 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Believe (II) by Orianthi (CD, Jun-2010, Geffen) US $3.00 [0 bids]
STRAY CATS - STRAY CAT STRUT/YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME 45 RPM 1981 US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Believe - Katherine Jenkins New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $25.22 Buy It Now 2h 44m
CONWAY & LORETTA (MAKING BELIEVE ) (CD) US $3.95 Buy It Now 2h 46m
FRANKIE LAINE - I BELIEVE [LP vinyl CAPITOL T2277 (M)] US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
THE MAMA'S AND THE PAPA'S (LP) If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears (Dunhill) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Bell & James ( Only Make Believe ) 7" Single Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Spark To Believe - Miss Fortune US $10.98 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Believe in Me by Regina Belle (CD, Sep-1998, MCA (USA US $0.40 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl Robert & Johnny I Believe In You Old Town Records 45ame4 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SCORPIONS-DON'T BELIEVE HER/KICKS AFTER SIX UK 45+PS US $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 59m
1983 Patterson Barrett Dr. Boscoe Plays Name That Tune b/w I Can't Believe It CR US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
I Believe [Compilation] by Perry Como (CD, Aug-1998, BMG Special Products) US $2.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Elvis record & Sleeve, Canada, Crying In The Chapel/I Believe In The Man In The US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ROCK COLLECTION 98KZEW Rock against AIDS LP SEALED rare U2 CELEBRATION i believe US $65.40 Buy It Now 3h 11m
EYES ON FIRE No I Don't Believe German 45PS 1980 US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
DRIFTERS Soul 45rpm Vaya Con Dios b/w In the Land of Make Believe VG+ US $10.99 [0 bids]
Believe by Orianthi (CD, Oct-2009, Geffen) US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Mariah Carey I Still Believe Vinyl Promo US $4.87 [0 bids]
James Luckett & Gospel Four Lord I Believe LP *SEALED* US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
*(OK2) Floyd Robinson I Believe in Love UK RCA 45 7" 1960 Excellent! US $9.74 Buy It Now 3h 25m
WLP THE ELEGANTS PLEASE BELIEVE ME/GOODNIGHT 45 APT RECORDS PROMO R US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
1977 CARPENTERS B'wana She No Home/I Believe You 45 A&M RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Gospel Jewels - Stairway to Heaven / Do You Believe (J&M) US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
THEATRE OF HATE 7" Do you believe in the west world? The Pack UK Post Punk SPAIN US $25.20 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Mash Believe it CD Single US $5.42 Buy It Now 3h 34m
DICK TODD "Make Believe Island/Devil May Care" BLUEBIRD w/ SLEEVE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Cher Original Single ' Believe ' US $1.61 [0 bids]
Johnnie Taylor 7" single I Believe In You US $8.12 Buy It Now 3h 46m
BRO. LAWRENCE THOMISON and COMPANY If You'll Only Believe MIRACLE MUSIC MM 116 US $20.00 [0 bids]
JOHN & ANNE RYDER "I STILL BELIEVE IN TOMORROW" ORIGINAL 1969 DECCA RECORDS NM B US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
ROGER WHITTAKER I DON'T BELIEVE IN IF ANYMORE LP 1970 UK US $16.23 Buy It Now 3h 57m
TOMMY PANTO purple mountain - i believe in angels 7" VG MGM K 12549 Vinyl US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Merrill Womach "I Believe In Miracles" SEALED NM MELODIES DIVINE LP US $18.97 Buy It Now 3h 59m
ROD STEWART reason to believe 7" CS EX/EX uk mercury US $11.35 Buy It Now 4h
Oasis Don't Believe The Truth Japan CD+DVD album set JAPAN CD OBI H605 US $9.99 [1 bids]
4h
A Dream To Believe In, Vol. II Nicole C. Mullen MUSIC CD US $9.79 Buy It Now 4h
The Bachelors, I believe Diane record album as seen US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Thin Lizzy : DonT Believe A Word (Cd+bk) CD (2009) US $9.94 Buy It Now 4h 12m
7" CRAIG SHAW AND THE ILLUMINATORS "I BELIEVE/TWIST N BOP" ROCK N ROLL BLUES US $9.50 Buy It Now 4h 19m
PHIL COLLINS You Can't Hurry Love / I Cannot Believe GERMAN IMPORT 45 Stereo NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Vince Gill I still believe in you US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
7" EP 45 PERRY COMO "I Believe" UK RCA RCX 161 (4 sacred songs) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Anita Ward Ring My Bell Make Believe Lovers 12" Disco Funk Samples US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE JETS-Believe-Minneapolis MN.new jack swing-R&B-Cd's US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
CD promo - Sparks - Lighten Up, Morrissey/I Can't Believe....... US $3.23 [1 bids]
SERIOUS POSSE - I don't Believe it - 12"single US $8.10 Buy It Now 4h 41m
GENTLE PERSUASION: Please Mr. Postman / I Believe In You (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
JIMMY HOLIDAY~I BELIEVE IN LOVE~EVEREST~RARE PROMO~ONE MORE THING~~SOUL 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
FASCINATIONS: I BELIEVE YOU BABY (BRADLEYS) US $6.48 [0 bids]
1969 Wind Make Believe LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Stan Nozawa- (Humm-Baby) Yeah I Believe- cassette single- rare new tape US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m
PLATINUM WEIRD - MAKE BELIEVE [PLATINUM WEIRD] - NEW CD US $14.74 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Bob Dylan - Believe What You Heard - rare vinyl LP in shrink US $51.95 [0 bids]
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 1000, 1200, Tiesto, Guetta D US $9.72 Buy It Now 4h 56m

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"