THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

Hope To See Another Day (remastered)Hope To See Another Day (remastered)
The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
Yesterday Is a FriendYesterday Is a Friend
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Metal Mind 2008
World Is Round (limited)World Is Round (limited)
Limited Edition
METAL MIN2 2011
This Bread Is MineThis Bread Is Mine
METAL MIN2 2009
World Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special EditionWorld Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special Edition
Special Edition
World Tour Believe 12 Inch Vinyl US $10.40 Buy It Now 31m 37s
Lovin' Spoonful Do You Believe In Music Vinyl LP US $24.98 Buy It Now 32m 38s
Kid Creole And The Coconuts I Do Believe 12 Inch Vinyl US $10.98 Buy It Now 32m 44s
D Horne - I Still Believe (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 41m 10s
Kenny & Dolly - Makin' Believe - (Cd Music) US $3.74 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Greg Lake I Believe In Father Christmas 7" vinyl single record UK K13511 US $18.41 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Reason To Believe - 2nd Rod Stewart 7" vinyl single record UK 6052097 MERCURY US $19.67 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Rod Stewart Reason To Believe - 3 Prong UK 7" vinyl single record 6052097 US $21.77 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Ten Falls Forth - Excuse Me I Believe Thats My R (2006) - Used - Compact Di US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Sheb Wooley (I Can't Believe You're Mine) Purple People Eater MGM Records K12631 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
TEARS FOR FEARS I BELIEVE 12" single 1985 ~ US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 19m
WEEZER - Make Believe CD (2005) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Saison - I Believe (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 24m
All Boxed In - Believe In Dub 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 1h 37m
the lovin spoonful do you believe in magic lp new vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
A1 - Be The First To Believe 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Chris Cox Versus Happy Clappers - I Believe (2003) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Tim Burgess - I Believe (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 45m
JOEY SCARBURY, BELIEVE IT ON NOT / LITTLE BIT OF US, 1981 7"x45rpm SINGLE RECORD US $4.20 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Dare 2 Believe Bryn Morgan Evans CD US $14.17 Buy It Now 1h 54m
I Believe Mathias Michael CD US $8.12 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Believe Ross Copperman CD US $13.98 Buy It Now 1h 55m
IWAO YAMAGUCHI - I BELIEVE - Japan CD - NEW J-POP 1989 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
VINYL LP - BELIEVE IN YOU - DON WILLIAMS - MCF3077 US $15.11 Buy It Now 2h
Betty Wright *My Love Is /I Believe It's Love* US 1979 - VG+ Hear Record US $5.87 Buy It Now 2h
Hans De Bakker - I Believe In Love - SIGNED EP US $8.41 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Audio Funk - I Believe 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 8m
ArQer & Realtime - Get A Little Closer / Believe 12" US $13.87 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Believe [US CD5/Cassette Single] [Single] by Cher (CD, Jan-1999, Warner Bros.) US $1.75 [0 bids]
Greengage *I Believe In Music /Do You Remember* UK 1972 - EX Hear Vinyl Record US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Rod Stewart Reason To Believe: The Complete Mercury Recordings CD (UK Import) NE US $13.19 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Glen Campbell It's Only Make Believe Japan Import 45 With Picture Sleeve US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Katherine Jenkins - Believe - CD (2009 Taffia/WB Aus.) US $11.20 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Marcella Detroit - I Believe 3 Track CD Single US $5.56 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Goldie - Believe UK 12" PHOTEK GROOVERIDER MIXES US $11.75 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Cher - Believe 3 Track CD Single US $5.56 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Jay-Jay Johanson ?- Believe In Us CD SINGLE FRANCE 2000 4 TRACKS US $25.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Happy Clappers ?- I Believe [CD] Single 1995 - SHIN 4C.D US $1.68 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Cher - Believe (1998) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 9m
BUCKS FIZZ land of make believe LP 10 track (mfp5762) uk music for pleasure 1986 US $13.01 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Datura - Voo-doo Believe (1997) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 9m
R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 9m
JIMMY MC FOY do you believe 12" ITALO Mint LISTEN !!!!!!!!! US $33.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
(ship worldwide with tracking) CHVRCHES - THE BONES OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE CD 2013 US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
BAY CITY ROLLERS You Made Me Believe In magic b/w Dance Dance Dance STOCK 45 M- US $5.50 [0 bids]
FLO RIDA FEAT. PITBULL CAN'T BELIEVE IT (2013) NEW CD SINGLE JENNIFER LOPEZ US $9.33 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Mance,Junior - I Believe To My Soul [CD New] US $17.67 Buy It Now 3h 51m
RITA SPRINGER - I HAVE TO BELIEVE - NEW CD US $6.84 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Disturbed - Believe - CD (Reprise enhanced 2002) US $8.40 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Cooper - I Believe In Love 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Don Williams I Believe In You 10 Track Vinyl LP US $10.49 Buy It Now 4h 41m
TONY MONOPOLY - I BELIEVE - 1975 - 7" VINYL BUK RECORDS US $7.88 Buy It Now 4h 42m
DJ R.D. Featuring Tangi - I Can't Believe (I Don't Even Know Your Name) 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 4h 43m
CHER - CD Platinum Disc- BELIEVE US $147.08 Buy It Now 4h 45m
(906S) The Law, Don't Stop Believe - DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Jan Hoiland With Brian Faye The Land That I Love /Make Me Believe DEMO Record US $25.16 Buy It Now 4h 52m
(923S) The Law, Don't Stop Believe - DJ CD + Badge US $5.03 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Zz/Various Artists - I Believe To My Soul(Wea Co) (2005) - Used - Compact D US $1.37 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Fogalord - Legend To Believe In [CD New] US $13.97 Buy It Now 4h 55m
SANTIGOLD - MASTER OF MY MAKE BELIEVE [CD NEW] US $13.15 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Washington - I Believe You Liar [CD New] US $10.22 Buy It Now 5h 3m
The Human League - Love Action (I Believe In Love) - 7? Vinyl Record US $6.05 Buy It Now 5h 6m
45 rpm THE DELLS Believe Me/Oh What A Night CADET NM! US $11.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Dima Bilan - Believe Russian CD+DVD 2009 - Eurovision 2008 Winner US $8.00 [0 bids]
Cher - Believe (Gold Cover) (Mixes) (CD Single) US $5.87 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Cher - Believe (Silver Cover) (Mixes) (CD Single) US $5.87 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty-we only make believe US $4.50 [0 bids]
I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio [CD 1] US $4.14 Buy It Now 5h 15m
The Best of Frankie Laine Jezebel Rawhide I Believe + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $5.04 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Nicole Mullen - Dream To Believe In V02 (2008) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 5h 34m
GILBERT O'SULLIVAN I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT DEMO 7" CHEAP US $6.71 Buy It Now 5h 40m
HAREM SCAREM: BELIEVE SPECIAL EDITION JAPANESE CD BONFIRE FAIR WARNING HARD ROCK US $11.99 [0 bids]
JUSTIN BIEBER - Believe [DELUXE EDITION] CD / DVD + Turn To You CD $2.99 Ship US $23.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Tom Jones The Great Love Songs inc I Believe Smile + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $6.56 Buy It Now 5h 52m
I Still Believe / Various - I Still Believe / Various (2010) - Used - Compa US $1.37 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Don Williams (2) - I Believe In You LP US $13.87 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Kool Keith - I Dont Believe You (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 10m
I Can't Believe I Found That Song! Vol 1 CD rare country compilation *FAST POST* US $7.35 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Hard to Believe ~A Kiss covers compilation~Melvins/All/Nirvana/Hard Ons... US $150.00 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Richmix I Believe 12" Nu Groove Records 1991 HOUSE US $16.79 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Funtopia - Girl, I Believe In You 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Sugar - Believe What Youre Sayin (1900) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Thompson Twins Make Believe (Let's Pretend) Uk 12" US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Katherine Jenkins - Believe (Platinum Edition) - New UK CD + DVD k US $7.98 Buy It Now 7h 9m
JOHNNY MATHIS / THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MAKE BELIEVE REEL TO REEL TAPE TESTED US $6.49 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Sharon Tandy - You Gotta Believe Its CD US $26.28 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Weezer - Make Believe (Dlx) (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Oasis - Dont Believe The Truth (R) (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 7h 16m
FLOYD HENLEY "BELIEVE IN ME c/w UNCHAINED MELODY" 2 KILLER SIDES LISTEN! US $26.88 Buy It Now 7h 19m
1957 Kitty Wells 45 (I'll Alway Be Your) Fraulein / What I Believe Dear US $3.00 [0 bids]
CHVRCHES - The Bones Of What You Believe - LP US $30.68 Buy It Now 7h 22m
You Must Believe in Spring CD [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Bill Evans (Piano)... US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 31m
The Bachelors - I Believe-The Very Best Of CD/24HR POST US $6.03 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Believe Justin Bieber NEW CD US $12.66 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Cathy Dale - I Believe In Me (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 7h 40m

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"