THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

Yesterday Is a FriendYesterday Is a Friend
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Metal Mind 2008
CD Album- Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth 11 tracks US $7.44 Buy It Now 30m 14s
CLANNAD Something To Believe In 12" single RCA 6868-1-RDAA promo VG+ (1987) US $4.79 Buy It Now 31m 4s
I Believe In You - Don Williams US $4.00 Buy It Now 34m 32s
NEW - Reasons to Believe by various artists US $5.97 Buy It Now 35m 17s
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
38m 30s
CD 80's UNDERGROUND RAP DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE RARE,Mnt US $16.99 Buy It Now 40m 30s
Lenny by Lenny Kravitz CD Battlefields of Love BELIEVE IN ME Pay to Play DIG IN US $2.49 [0 bids]
50m 20s
CASPER The Friendly Ghost Make Believe Lp Sealed US $7.20 Buy It Now 55m 44s
The Marshall Tucker Band: This time I believe dj promo 7" 45rpm vinyl record 6b US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h
Make Believe [Digipak] [Limited] by Weezer (CD, May-2005, Geffen) US $13.97 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Elvis Presley "CRYING IN THE CHAPEL" B/W "I BELIEVE..." 7" RCA Black label NM- US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Ed Montgomery Presents ALC I Still Believe by ALC/Ed Montgomery Brand New Gospel US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
45 JOHNNIE TAYLOR I Believe In You b/w Love Depression w/ strip VG+ audio US $3.99 [0 bids]
Huey Lewis & The News / DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE Japan 7"single US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
WITHOUT WARNING - BELIEVE 10tracks, 1995 JAPAN CD OOP XRCN-1238 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
+ DELTA GOODREM Believe Again CD 4trk + enhanced excellent condition US $22.25 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The Bachelor's Diane CD I Believe Charmaine Danny Boy US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
SAVANNAH CHURCHILL & FOUR TUNES: I Don't Believe In Tomorrow (vocal groups 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
FLEETWOODS - I BELIEVE: UNPLUGGED 1959-61 (UK) NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Conway Twitty It's Only Make Believe / I'll Try K 12677 MGM Records (VG) US $0.99 [0 bids]
John & Anne Ryder I Still Believe In Tomorrow 732506 Decca (VG+) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bay City Rollers You Made Me Believe In Magic AS 0256 Arista (VG+) US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Sheb Wooley The Purple People Eater / I Can't Believe You're Mine K12651 MGM Rec US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
Womenfolk, The The Way I Feel / My Heart Tells Me To Believe 47-8562 Rca Victor US $0.99 [0 bids]
I believe in you Randall Terry treehouse records cd Religious US $0.99 [0 bids]
Floyd Robinson - I Believe In Love / Tattletale 45 1960 US $3.79 Buy It Now 2h 2m
THOMAS WHITFIELD - THINGS THAT WE BELIEVE NEW CD US $25.33 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Believe Justin Bieber CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
MOSE McCORMACK Beans & Make Believe LP STILL SEALED US $9.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
A. RAY BAKER - "LORD I BELIEVE" (JOY ENTERPRISES JE-RB-123) MELBOURNE, FL US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Mahalia Jackson "I Believe" Grand Award GA-265-AD 1966 Gospel NM RE US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
DooWop 45RPM - Duprees - Why Don't You Believe Me US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
RARE! Elliot Fisher - In The Land Of Make Believe - Dobre 1003- Orig US Vinyl LP US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
FANTASIA - "I Believe" [PROMO CD] US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
PAT BELL 45 i really do believe it/second date TEEN POP US $9.74 Buy It Now 3h 9m
HOWARD / CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC / BATEMAN - MAKE BELIEVE: HOLLYWOOD NEW CD US $23.04 Buy It Now 3h 15m
HAREM SCAREM: BELIEVE SPECIAL EDITION JAPANESE CD BONFIRE FAIR WARNING HARD ROCK US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
SCORPIONS: BELIEVE IN LOVE / LOVE ON THE RUN 45 RPM MEINE SCHENKER HARD ROCK US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
STRYPER: I BELIEVE IN YOU / TOGETHER FOREVER (LIVE) 45 RPM MICHAEL SWEET US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
VINCE GILL**I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 3h 21m
TIM BURGESS - I BELIEVE - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 3h 22m
WISHBONE ASH - REASON TO BELIEVE NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Pearl Jam-Don't Believe In Christmas-2002-Christmas Fan Club Issue-7" 45 RPM US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
HAREM SCAREM**BELIEVE (SPECIAL EDITION)**CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 41m
CHUCK MANGIONE - LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE NEW CD US $16.16 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Reason to Believe by Pennywise +1bonus Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $25.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
CRYSTAL GAYLE~We Must Believe In Magic~United Artists, 1977~In Plastic~VG++! US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS-3 LP'S-DELIVER-IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES-PEOPLE LIKE US US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
BELIEVE - WORLD IS ROUND - BONUS TRACK (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 4h 3m
SOLID STATE Label Audiophile Issue 66 JAZZ Sampler HEAR IT TO BELIEVE IT McGRIFF US $9.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
The Bachelors-I Believe/Happy Land, original Decca Recording. 45rpm, US $3.72 [0 bids]
Modern Soul LP ** ROCKIE ROBBINS ** I Believe In Love ** AM S / W US $14.96 Buy It Now 4h 18m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO CD/2 VERSION) WB 9913-R US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO CD/ GUITAR VERSION) WB 9924-R US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
POISON ~ Something To Believe In ~ GATEFOLD 12" Single PS LIMITED EDITION US $7.47 Buy It Now 4h 47m
JUSTIN BIEBER - BELIEVE - BONUS DVD NEW CD US $36.77 Buy It Now 4h 52m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO MINIMAX CD/ 2 VERSION) PRO-CD-9917 US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Crystal Gayle - We Must Believe in Magic US $0.99 [0 bids]
5h
CELTIC WOMAN - BELIEVE: SPECIAL (IMPORT) NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 5h 22m
STEPHEN ANDERSON - BELIEVE NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 5h 23m
cd-album, Frankie Laine - I Believe US $7.41 Buy It Now 5h 29m
LOVIN SPOONFUL - DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC / DAYDREAM (TIN CASE) NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 5h 33m
"We Must Believe in Magic"; Crystal Gayle; 1977 US $8.33 Buy It Now 5h 37m
LINDA ARNOLD - MAKE BELIEVE (REISSUE) NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 5h 42m
TURBULENCE - I BELIEVE NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 5h 52m
PAULINI I BELIEVE * CD SINGLE * promo US $6.28 Buy It Now 5h 54m
PROFESSOR HAROLD BOGGS - I Believe ~ VINYL LP US $28.28 Buy It Now 5h 54m
BORIS - BELIEVE IN THE MUSIC II NEW CD US $17.33 Buy It Now 6h 2m
Country's Got Heart: I Still Believe in You by Various Artists (CD, 2010, 2... US $11.69 Buy It Now 6h 6m
WASHINGTON - I BELIEVE YOU LIAR NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Linda Arnold - Make Believe CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 6h 13m
PAT BOONE - I'LL BELIEVE IN LOVE NEW CD US $8.53 Buy It Now 6h 22m
DANIEL O'DONNELL I Believe CD ALBUM US $6.64 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Believe It by Various Artists (CD, Jan-1999, 2 Discs, Revival) US $4.99 [0 bids]
IVAN LINS - BELIEVE WHAT I SAY: THE MUSIC OF IVAN LINS NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 6h 52m
WOW! I Believe by Ayaka (CD 2006) Super RARE! Japan! US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
SKYTRAIN i believe in music LP 11 track in signed sleeve (tfs1231) uk top floor US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 9m
DIANE LINSCOTT - YOU MUST BELIEVE IN SPRING NEW CD US $28.77 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Celtic Woman - Believe (2012) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.17 Buy It Now 7h 28m
BARBARA DANE - SOMETIMES I BELIEVE SHE LOVES ME - NEW CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Three-Fold Low Strung Music CD 1997 Make Believe Rec 6-Tracks Portland Oregon OR US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
CRYSTAL GAYLE We Must Believe In Magic UK LP +inner 1977 ex/ex US $11.64 Buy It Now 7h 50m
The Absolute featuring Suzanne Palmer I Believe CD Single US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h 58m
COOKERS - BELIEVE (UK) NEW CD US $30.66 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Tears For Fears, I believe, 10 inch vinyl single (NEW!!) US $11.65 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Daniel O'Donnell I Believe inc Any Dream Will Do + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
ELECTRIC HIPPIES I BELIEVE IN YOU * CD SINGLE * US $8.37 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Tears For Fears, I believe, NEW/MINT Double 7" single set in gatefold sleeve US $8.31 Buy It Now 8h 25m
A Bigger Splash - I Don't Believe A Word - * EXCELLENT * - 7" Single Vinyl US $4.91 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Wishbone Ash - Reason To Believe CD US $10.74 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Jonathan Perkins(7" Vinyl)Believe In Me-Checkmount-CHK 2-UK-VG/Ex US $9.97 Buy It Now 8h 34m
THE LOVIN' SPOONFUL - DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC (068381805027) - NEW CD US $21.98 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Love Bug Starski-You've Gotta Believe 12" NY Electro Rap Old School 1983 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RENAULT, Jacques - Got To Believe - limited 1-sided 12" US $15.56 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Music You Can Believe In US $4.09 Buy It Now 9h 4m
Jimmy Fortune - I Believe (NEW CD!!!) US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
7" THE HAPPENINGS "MY MAMMY/I BELIEVE IN NOTHING" 60'S US $5.50 Buy It Now 9h 18m
(K489) OK Tokyo, You Better Believe It - DJ CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Freddy King If You Believe Original 1961 45rpm VG++ US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
CHE'NELLE-BELIEVE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK D95 US $22.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"