THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
World Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special EditionWorld Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special Edition
Special Edition
METAL MIND 2013
BENNY SINGS Can You Believe It's Magic 7" NEW VINYL Dox Gold Wax Mayer Hawthorne US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 28s
LOT 2x LENNY KRAVITZ - CIRCUS + BELIEVE, JAPAN CD + OBI US $10.99 Buy It Now 46m 6s
HAREM SCAREM - BELIEVE, ORG 1997 JAPAN CD + OBI, WPCR-1078 US $15.99 Buy It Now 49m 13s
THE BEST OF R KELLY - I BELIEVE I CAN FLY - CD - NEW - US $15.20 Buy It Now 52m 3s
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $4.95 Buy It Now 53m 10s
PHOENIX & APHRODITE I BELIEVE IN YOU GER-7" PS 1986 US $6.99 Buy It Now 54m 6s
Cher Believe 1998 CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
HORACE HEIDT - Do You Believe In Fairy Tales COLUMBIA 36026 - 78rpm US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
26WEST - I CAN'T BELIEVE NEW CD US $19.83 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Bob Cline & Bob Cline Singers Something To Believe In Rainbow # R 5004 US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 32m
FREEBO - SOMETHING TO BELIEVE NEW CD US $21.37 Buy It Now 1h 44m
SINE Proto CD SINGLE 31 Seconds Time We Don't Believe So Right 7 trks MINT US $5.37 Buy It Now 1h 50m
GIORGIO (MORODER)-stop/believe in me W&G Records ex HANSA Germany US $1.84 [0 bids]
CHVRCHES fully signed THE BONES OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE vinyl LP record album US $99.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Japan Kana Nishino Believe 2013 Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD+postcard US $18.68 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Harem Scarem - Believe CD WPCR-1078 Japan US $9.80 [0 bids]
OASIS - DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH 2005 UK CD * NEW * US $10.17 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Fogalord - Legend To Believe In CD US $16.28 Buy It Now 3h 31m
NEW - You Gotta Believe to Believe US $3.40 Buy It Now 3h 37m
KTHV LITTLE ROCK " I BELIEVE IN ARKANSAS " VINYL LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE RARE 1986 US $11.87 Buy It Now 3h 40m
JUSTIN BIEBER 'BELIEVE' CD (2012) US $20.28 Buy It Now 4h
JUSTIN BIEBER - BELIEVE ACOUSTIC CD ALBUM (2013) US $10.17 Buy It Now 4h 5m
VINCE GILL - I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU CD US $5.25 Buy It Now 4h 8m
SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO I BELIEVE 7" MINT US $8.47 Buy It Now 4h 27m
GUS GUS BELIEVE 12" PROMO EXCELLENT US $8.47 Buy It Now 4h 37m
EMF - I Believe - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.77 Buy It Now 4h 38m
SCORPIONS - DON'T BELIEVE HER, ORG 1990 UK NUMBERED vinyl 12", 5000 COPIES ONLY! US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
(AM576)Jackie'O,I Believe In A Thing Called Love- DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Mae McKenna : I Want To Believe In You : Transatlantic 1976 7" US $8.47 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Believe - Jenkins Katherine CD Sealed ! New ! 13 songs US $6.51 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Paul Haig / R.O.L. I believe in you CD Single US $4.23 Buy It Now 5h 23m
STEVE RACE - 50's Sheet Music - THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE ME - By Jerome D Kern US $20.37 Buy It Now 5h 29m
JOEY SCARBURY - BELIEVE IT OR NOT 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Mamas and the Papas If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears Reel To Reel Stereo US $5.00 [1 bids]
Bobbi Martin Lot of 2 Would You Believe 45 RPM 7", Good US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Ricky Nelson(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Believe What You Say-London-HLP 8594-UK-Ex/Ex- US $28.84 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Soul II Soul, Volume V - Believe (CD 1995) [Import] US $16.92 Buy It Now 6h 9m
BRENTON WOOD / BETTER BELIEVE IT CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 13m
DUFF - Believe In Me (CD) Guns n Roses VG+/EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Original Mama's & the Papa's If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears LP 1966 D-50006 US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
JC Lodge - I Believe In You LP US $23.76 Buy It Now 6h 21m
SINITTA i don't believe in miracles 7" WS EX/ uk FAN 16 US $11.87 Buy It Now 6h 25m
45 : RPM ~ Phil Collins Against All Odds / I Cannot Believe It's True NM- (EX) US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Royal Teens on Doo-Wopp re - Believe me/Was it a dream - Classic Doowop Group US $3.00 [0 bids]
disturbed - believe cd US $6.12 [0 bids]
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $0.59 [0 bids]
McGuire Sisters on 78 rpm Coral 61501: If You Believe/He US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
KENNY LOGGINS - I BELIEVE IN LOVE 7" VINYL PROMO US $10.17 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Dion 45 "I Can't Believe / Be Careful Of Stones That You Throw" US $5.24 Buy It Now 6h 46m
The Elegants, "Goodnight" B/W "Please Believe Me" - 45 rpm US $1.79 Buy It Now 6h 46m
JAMESTOWN: I BELIEVE - LTD DOUBLE VINYL SET W/JOCELYN BROWN ( NM-VERY RARE!!!) US $17.95 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Various(Vinyl LP)Believe In Music-K Tel-VG/VG US $10.17 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Its Only Make Believe-Country US $4.18 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Bucks Fizz(7" Vinyl P/S)The Land Of Make Believe-RCA-RCA 163-UK-Ex-/VG US $8.47 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Christy Lane - I Believe US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bucks Fizz(7" Vinyl P/S)The Land Of Make Believe-RCA-RCA 163-UK-VG/Ex US $8.47 Buy It Now 7h 6m
The Pasadenas(7" Vinyl)Tribute / I Believe-VG/VG US $5.08 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Barbra Steisand(7" Vinyl)A Star Is Born / I Believe In Love-VG/VG US $5.08 Buy It Now 7h 7m
1973 Freddie Hart I Believe In Santa Claus / Mono PROMO P-3789 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $8.00 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Bon Jovi(7" Vinyl)I Believe -VG/VG US $5.08 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Roger Whittaker(7" Vinyl)I Don't Believe In If Any More-Ex/Ex US $8.47 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Art Garfunkel(7" Vinyl)I Believe / Waters Of March-Ex/VG US $8.47 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Greg Lake(7" Vinyl)I Believe In Father Christmas / Humbug-VG/Ex US $5.08 Buy It Now 7h 14m
45 RECORD THE BACHELORS-I BELIEVE US $5.39 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Pineforest Crunch - Make Believe JAPAN CD+2Bonus N/OBI Pop #12 US $3.49 Buy It Now 7h 24m
BUCKS FIZZ " THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE RCA 163 7" VINYL RECORD VG/VG 25 US $3.89 Buy It Now 7h 25m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD DJ Boris: Believe in Me (Dig) US $10.93 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Ray Charles(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Busted / Making Believe-UK-Ex/NM US $20.35 Buy It Now 7h 26m
1965 Elvis Presley Crying In The Chapel / I Believe RCA 447-0643 45 rpm VG+ PS US $6.88 Buy It Now 7h 30m
OASIS 'I Believe In All' 2 Track CD - RARE !!!! US $16.96 [1 bids]
THROB believe in me / the fortune teller HEAR! VG+/++ 60s GARAGE beat MOD psych US $114.95 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Lot of 4 Exile singles I Believe Song For You Cross Breezin' Together US $8.99 [0 bids]
ELTON JOHN Picture Sleeve 45 "BELIEVE" b/w "THE ONE" US $4.99 [0 bids]
Gap Band I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up And Dance 7" 45 rpm Mercury 76037 US $4.40 Buy It Now 7h 44m
KENNY LOGGINS 45rpm RECORD, I BELIEVE IN LOVE / CELEBRATE ME HOME. US $1.00 [0 bids]
ORIANTHI - BELIEVE +2 bonus tracks JAPAN CD OBI WT35 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Disturbed Believe JAPAN CD OBI WT35 US $7.99 [0 bids]
MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL - ONION SONG - I CANT BELIEVE YOU LOVE US $1.77 [2 bids]
7" ELMORE JAMES " I HELD MY BABY LAST NIGHT / I BELIEVE " US $11.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Honeybrowne - Something To Believe In (CD 2005) NEW/SEALED US $8.45 Buy It Now 7h 54m
THE EASYBEATS "Land of make believe" RARE 7" ORIGINAL ITALY - NEAR PERFECT!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
CARMEN LUNDY SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS Y4581 US $5.99 [0 bids]
ANGEL BELIEVE IN ANGELS BELIEVE IN ME JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS Y4698 US $5.99 [0 bids]
1965 Eddie Rambeau Concrete And Clay /Don't Believe Him dynoVoice 204 45 rpm VG+ US $5.50 Buy It Now 7h 58m
1969 John And Anne Ryder I Still Believe In Tomorrow LP DECCA DL-75167 NM Shrink US $5.50 Buy It Now 7h 58m
LIZA MINNELLI - I BELIEVE IN MUSIC 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 7h 59m
MAKE BELIEVE - OF COURSE - NEW CD US $11.85 Buy It Now 8h
MARIAH CAREY I STILL BELIEVE ISRAELI PROMO CD VERY RARE US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
MARIAH CAREY WHITNEY HOUSTON WHEN YOU BELIEVE ISRAELI PROMO CD VERY RARE US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Lovin' Spoonful Do You Believe In Magic / Hum CD Replay John Sebastian Harmonica US $9.00 [0 bids]
Along Came Man CD Believe There's Nothing US $8.49 Buy It Now 8h 9m
1965 Eddie Rambeau Concrete And Clay /Don't Believe Him dynoVoice 204 45 rpm NM US $4.12 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Believe by Pam Thum (CD, Aug-1997, Benson Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Andy Duguid ?- Believe JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS Y5276 US $5.99 [0 bids]
There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven Lets Keep It a Secret US $15.19 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Dreamtide - What You Believe In JAPAN CD OBI G709 US $7.99 [0 bids]
E'voke-I believe-1994 cd single US $8.47 Buy It Now 8h 23m
It's Only Make Believe/Hello Darlin' - Conway Twitty (CD, 2005, 2-Disc Digpak) US $4.88 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Dreamtide What YOU Believe IN JAPAN CD OBI SEALED H251 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Lenny Kravitz Believe JAPAN CD OBI G271 US $5.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"