THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
McGuire Sisters The - He / If You Believe 45 1955 US $1.79 Buy It Now 30m 12s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 1 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 32m 18s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 2 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 32m 37s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 3 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 32m 52s
Believe by Disturbed *New CD* US $4.33 Buy It Now 37m 5s
If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears by The Mamas & the Papas *New CD* US $9.56 Buy It Now 39m
Donna Summer-I Do Believe / She Works Hard For The Money-45rpm-1983 US $0.99 [0 bids]
50m 33s
I BELIEVE IN COUNTRY X 6 TAPES~ A RARE FIND~ ~ US $26.16 Buy It Now 51m 34s
AIMEE CLUTE - I STILL BELIEVE NEW CD US $23.37 Buy It Now 51m 49s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 1 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 53m 29s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 2 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 53m 44s
MZ SONY MAKE BELIEVE 3 FOR 3D iphone 4 4g 4s 5 5s 5c HTC One M7 back cover case US $22.99 Buy It Now 54m 3s
BARBARA ANDERSON - BELIEVE NEW CD US $23.37 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Lovin Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 1h 7m
SANDRA LEE BURDICK - I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES NEW CD US $25.15 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Barbra Streisand 45 record - I Believe In Love / A Star Is Born Love Theme US $1.95 Buy It Now 1h 11m
IKE & TINA TURNER I can't believe what you say/Hard Times SOUL on RELAX 45 Hear US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
CASSETTE COLLECTION 50's 60's Bands Artists Groups - Bundle Job Lot - Music US $2.03 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Lucinda Sieger - Sunset Red E.P. (1987) JAPAN CD 5-track 1996 "I Believe" RARE US $22.32 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Mcghee Terry - CouldnT Believe My Eyes CD US $19.13 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Believe - Hope To See Another CD US $16.32 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Jackie Trent & Tony Hatch 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - Don't You Believe It US $6.11 Buy It Now 1h 44m
2 Chuck Mangione Albums- Feels So Good 1977 & Land Of Make Believe SRM-1-684 US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Hard To Believe "A Kiss Covers Compilation" album Rare! US $125.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CONWAY TWITTY IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE LONELY BOY BLUE NEAR MINT BLUE VINYL US $4.87 Buy It Now 1h 56m
I Believe / Chain of Fools / Summertime Fantasia Barrino Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
JENNY LEIGH - BUTTERFLY BELIEVE NEW CD US $14.80 Buy It Now 2h 12m
paradise lost - believe in nothing tour promo cd US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
CRYSTAL GAYLE~We Must Believe In Magic~United Artists, 1977~In Plastic~VG++! US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) NEW HTF RARE US $4.00 [0 bids]
DARKNESS - I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE - CD SINGLE US $3.23 Buy It Now 2h 30m
ROBSON & JEROME "I BELIEVE" EU BMG 2 TRACK TAPE 1989 ex US $1.61 Buy It Now 2h 32m
"BELIEVE IN MUSIC" VARIOUS ARTISTS LP VG+ FAST SHIPPING US $2.98 Buy It Now 2h 32m
CD ALBUM. - CHER. - BELIEVE. - 1998. US $9.20 Buy It Now 2h 34m
DON WILLIAMS - I BELIEVE IN YOU 8-TRACK TAPE CARTRIDGE 1980 SIMPLE SONG MEMORIES US $5.74 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Make Believe [Digipak] [Limited] by Weezer (CD, May-2005, Geffen) US $0.75 [0 bids]
Mai Kuraki,CD,J-Pop,Japan,OBI,If I Believe US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
RAISHEIN - BELIEVE NEW CD US $20.86 Buy It Now 2h 41m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - GREG LAKE - I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS - K13511 US $11.35 Buy It Now 2h 42m
TONY BARBER - I BELIEVE - LP RECORD US $15.70 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Jeremy Warmsley - I Believe In The Way You Move - Rare UK 2x 7" set US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h
KNOWN FACTS - HE'S GOT IT / HOW CAN I BELIEVE IN YOU - NORTHERN SOUL US $16.23 Buy It Now 3h
Marcella Detroit - I Believe 3 Track CD Single US $5.19 Buy It Now 3h
MICHAEL ETHINGTON - BELIEVE NEW CD US $20.51 Buy It Now 3h
REASON TO BELIEVE: SONGS OF...-REASON TO BELIEVE: SONGS OF TIM HARDI... VINYL LP US $20.88 Buy It Now 3h 3m
7" TOTO "MAKE BELIEVE/WE MADE IT"US PRESS;1982; US $8.12 Buy It Now 3h 9m
HOGGBOY 400 BOYS BELIEVE UNPLAYED MINT ORIGINAL SINGLE FROM 2005 US $8.12 Buy It Now 3h 16m
CAMARIA - SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN NEW CD US $9.79 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Barbra Steisand(7" Vinyl)A Star Is Born / I Believe In Love-VG/VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
NORTHWEST CHORALONS - BELIEVE NEW CD US $18.38 Buy It Now 3h 31m
IWAO YAMAGUCHI - I BELIEVE - J-POP - OBI JAPAN CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
The Bachelors - I Believe (The Very Best Of) CD (2008) US $9.73 Buy It Now 3h 32m
7"-Single CHILD - It's Only Make Believe / It Might As Well (1978) GERMANY PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
James MacDonald - Believe In You - CD (JHM22980 1998) US $13.07 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Crystal Gayle - We Must Believe In Magic LP GO 2016 UK US $4.87 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Jackie Edwards ?- I Never Believe In You ORIG UK 7" THIRD WORLD EX US $9.74 Buy It Now 3h 54m
BAY CITY ROLLERS ARISTA 1977 45 RPM YOU MADE ME BELIEVE IN MAGIC US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 59m
BARBRA STREISAND 45 RPM I BELIEVE IN LOVE 1976 COLUMBIA US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 59m
DOT COUNTRY 45 RPM BONNIE GUITAR WOULD YOU BELIEVE US $3.25 Buy It Now 4h
BOB WILSON - READY TO BELIEVE NEW CD US $16.57 Buy It Now 4h
LONDON 45 RPM THE BACHELORS SWEET LULLABIES I BELIEVE US $3.25 Buy It Now 4h 2m
SEALED Mahalia Jackson I BELIEVE Pickwick STEREO US $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
BoA Universe Believe in Love Taiwan CD+DVD Crystal Kay US $18.79 Buy It Now 4h 9m
JON LUCIEN - BELIEVE IN ME: THE ESSENTIAL SELECTION NEW CD US $20.51 Buy It Now 4h 11m
BROWNIE McGHEE SONNY TERRY WITH EARL HOOKER I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES PLUS US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
DIONNE WARWICK ** Do You Believe In Love At First Sight ** Warner Bros US $4.87 [0 bids]
Lions Lions - From What We Believe [CD New] US $11.79 Buy It Now 4h 18m
The Mama's And The Papa's If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears Vinyl LP Dunhill US $9.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WHITTAKER - I DON'T BELIEVE IN IF ANYMORE - 7" VINYL 1970 COLUMBIA US $10.54 Buy It Now 4h 25m
NAMI TAMAKI rare SIGNED cd GREETING first album GUNDAM SEED Believe + CARD US $189.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Crystal Gayle We Must Believe in Magic vinyl LP US $19.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
cd-album, Justin Bieber - Believe Acoustic Limited Edition, 11 Tracks, Australia US $10.43 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Barbara Dickson You Know it's Me inc I Believe in You Hold On + LP US $11.37 Buy It Now 4h 38m
The Mama's and the Papa's If You Can Believe Your Eyes DS-50006 LP Record US $15.00 [0 bids]
Mamas & The Papas - If You Can Believe Your Eyes & [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 55m
DAMIAN the time warp/fight for what you believe JIVE 209 uk 1989 7" PS EX/EX US $11.35 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Gaither Vocal Band I Do Believe CD 2000 US $3.85 [0 bids]
5h
THEATRE OF HATE. DO YOU BELIEVE IN WEST WORLD N/M US $12.83 Buy It Now 5h 4m
mac davis I Believe In Music signed vinyl LP record Stunning NM autographed US $40.00 Buy It Now 5h 4m
DON WILLIAMS " I BELIEVE IN YOU " LP US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
TOTO MAKE BELIEVE WE MADE IT NEAR MINT ORIGINAL SINGLE FROM 1982 FROM TOTO US $1.62 Buy It Now 5h 7m
ARLENE FONTANA Can't Believe You're In Love 45 PARIS 518 PROMO Teen Bopper US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"