THIS BREAD IS MINE

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. The Years (2:14)
2. Tales From Under The Tree (7:34)
3. Mother (4:22)
4. And All The Roads (8:15)
5. Darkness (5:53)
6. Problems Rise (6:04)
7. Aa (4:31)
8. This Bread Is Mine (7:39)
9. This Is Life (4:08)
10. Mine (4:42)
11. Silence (3:57)

Bonus tracks (only available on a ltd. CD digipak)
12. T.B.I.M.

- Bartek Zbroszczyk / guitar

Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0669
Barcode: 5907785035294
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0670 DG (ltd. CD Digipak)
Barcode: 5907785035300 (ltd. CD Digipak)
Format: CD / CD DG
Release date: 31.08.2009 Europe / 06.10.2009 USA

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine Music

World Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special EditionWorld Is Round/Yesterday Is A Friend: Special Edition
Special Edition
METAL MIND 2013
The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
Yesterday Is a FriendYesterday Is a Friend
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Metal Mind 2008
LITTLE RICHARD - Keep A Knockin / Can't Believe You Wanna Leave 45-HL-0 8509 EX US $33.95 Buy It Now 39m 41s
Red, Wilder, Blue "I Believe in You - Mono/Stereo" Pentagram Promo 45 US $2.00 Buy It Now 40m 56s
We Were the States , Audio CD, Believe the Thieves US $7.85 Buy It Now 44m 19s
Slade Do You Believe In Miracles (PS) 7" Single US $9.32 Buy It Now 52m 25s
Sinitta I Don't Believe In Miracles (PS) 7" Single US $8.47 Buy It Now 52m 25s
ANNE MURRAY REASON TO BELIEVE CASSETTE TAPE US $15.55 Buy It Now 55m 19s
Various Artists , Audio CD, Believe It US $6.55 Buy It Now 1h 12m
RONEY CANADA - I Don ' t Believe It - A J ' s Records 12 " MINT SEALED US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 14m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MAKE BELIEVE LOVERS - ANITA WARD - STKR7551 US $11.86 Buy It Now 1h 16m
TONY WILLIAMS (DRUMS - BELIEVE IT [TONY WILLIAMS (DRUMS)] - NEW CD US $8.21 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Make Believe (Dig), Weezer, Excellent Enhanced US $8.79 Buy It Now 1h 34m
I Still Believe in You - Vince Gill New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $8.32 Buy It Now 1h 35m
I BELIEVE 50's sheet music US $20.37 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ROD STEWART reason to believe complete mercury recordings 3CDs usa SS L@@K US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
CHVRCHES THE BONES OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE LP VINYL NEW US $32.23 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Plasma Do You Believe Dbl 12" Vinyl Single US $11.88 Buy It Now 1h 46m
SEVEN SERAPHIM - BELIEVE IN ANGELS - NEW CD US $3.45 Buy It Now 1h 51m
ERICA HOLLAND - I Dont Believe ~ 12" Single PS US $11.44 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE HUMAN LEAGUE LOVE ACTION I BELIEVE IN LOVE 12 Inch SINGLE Vinyl NEW US $27.14 Buy It Now 2h
Gaither Vocal Band - I Do Believe CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 2h 4m
A1 Be The First To Believe CD 3 Tracks, Orig Version/Phats & Small Mutant Disco US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Unation(7" Vinyl)Do You Believe In Love-MCA-MCS 1796-NM/NM US $11.86 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Poison 7" 45 Vinyl Single - Something to Believe In US $7.54 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Oasis - NEW -Don't Believe The Truth (Limited Edition/+DVD/Parental Advisory)... US $8.30 Buy It Now 2h 23m
ALLSTARS Land Of Make Believe CD 4 Tracks Inc Things That Go Bump In The Night- US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 26m
ARIAL Star Of The Show Ep CD 4 Tracks Inc Don'T Feel Bad/I Believe I Can Mcfly/ US $5.52 Buy It Now 2h 31m
NEW - I Believe by Marble Index US $4.36 Buy It Now 2h 32m
DELTA GOODREM Believe Again CD OZ Single US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 34m
7" THE DUPREES "I WISH I COULD BELIEVE YOU/I'D RATHER BE HERE IN YOUR ARMS" US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
CD: I Dont Believe You - Greg Holden - 01/10/13 US $16.48 Buy It Now 2h 44m
CD FRANKIE LAINE RAWHIDE HIGH NOON I BELIEVE MULE TRAIN HEY JOE ANSWER ME ETC US $8.47 Buy It Now 2h 58m
CD CONWAY TWITTY SINGS IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE STORY OF MY LOVE MONA LISA ETC US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD CONWAY TWITTY 'S GREATEST HITS IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE DANNY BOY MONA LISA ETC US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD DON WILLIAMS YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND TULSA TIME I BELIEVE IN YOU RUBY TUESDAY US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD DAVID WHITFIELD GREATEST HITS CARA MIA I BELIEVE CRY MY HEART ANSWER ME ETC US $6.77 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD ELMORE JAMES BLUES MASTER WORKS DUST MY BROOM I BELIEVE COUNTRY BOOGIE US $8.47 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CD BEST OF DAVID WHITFIELD CARA MIA ANSWER ME MAMA RAGS TO RICHES I BELIEVE ETC US $8.47 Buy It Now 3h
Land Of Make Believe Chuck Mangione LP SRM1684 G US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h
CHEMICAL BROTHERS - 2 x Mini Promo Poster/Shop Flats - The Boxer/Believe US $10.10 Buy It Now 3h
Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe (1993 3-track CD single - Mercury W0198CD2) US $1.95 [0 bids]
CHER Believe CD 10 Track Album, 3984 25379 2 (Disc Ex- Some Light Surface Marks US $7.21 Buy It Now 3h 9m
CHER Believe CD 3 Tracks, Orig Version/Almighty Definitive Mix/Xenomania Mix US $5.52 Buy It Now 3h 9m
CHER Believe CD 3 Tracks, Orig Version/Grip'S Heartbroken Mix/Club 69 Future Mi US $5.52 Buy It Now 3h 9m
LE BLANC & CARR - Falling / I Believe That We - 45RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
Chvrches - Bones of What You Believe - 2 Disc Deluxe Edition CD *NEW* US $40.72 Buy It Now 3h 12m
CLIFF RICHARD I Still Believe In You CD 3 Tracks Inc Remember-French Adaptation US $6.36 Buy It Now 3h 15m
THE LOUVIN BROTHERS 78rpm " I DON'T BELIEVE YOU'VE MET MY BABY " 1955 NEAR MINT US $7.99 [0 bids]
DARKNESS I Believe In A Thing Called Love CD 3 Tracks, Single Edit/Makin' Out/P US $5.52 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Sapp,Marvin - I Believe [CD New] US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
I Can't Believe I Found That Song! Vol 1 CD rare country compilation *FAST POST* US $7.42 Buy It Now 3h 30m
KENNY ROGERS - BEST OF (I BELIEVE IN MUSIC) (2000) CD *AUST SELLER - FAST POST* US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
WAH! - Hope (I Wish You'd Believe Me) / Sleep, Eternal X9880 Ex- US $5.92 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Texas - I Don't Want A Lover / Believe Me, Mercury TEX-1 Ex US $5.92 Buy It Now 3h 34m
DUNCAN JAMES & KEEDIE I Believe My Heart CD 2 Tracks, Orig Version/Instrumental US $5.52 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Elvis 45rpm record & picture sleeve, I Believe/Santa Claus Is Back In Town U.K. US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
THE HOLLIES - THE HOLLIES/WOULD YOU BELIEVE? - NEW CD US $8.83 Buy It Now 3h 43m
CHRIS CHRISTIAN - I Want You, I Need You/ I Don't Believe You - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
HARPIES - BLEED BELIEVE - NEW CD US $14.61 Buy It Now 3h 46m
EMF I Believe CD 4 Tracks, Orig Version/Dean Age Rampage Mix/When You'Re Mine/U US $7.21 Buy It Now 3h 47m
FANTASIA I BELIEVE * CD PROMO SINGLE * US $11.30 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.23 Buy It Now 3h 57m
FRAFF Be Careful What You Wish For CD 3 Tracks Inc Final Day+You Won'T Believe US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 2m
THE MAMA'S & THE PAPA'S You Can't Believe Your Eyes EMIDISC VG++/NM! Dutch Press US $10.50 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Michael Ethington - CD - Believe - Piano Solos - Christian - Relaxation - LDS US $8.95 Buy It Now 4h 9m
WE BELIEVE cd Great Songs for the Chuch In Worship WORD 1993 Robert Sterling OOP US $14.96 Buy It Now 4h 12m
BILLY FURY, IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE ,7" VINYL IDEAL FOR JUKEBOX US $1.27 [0 bids]
NEW - 'Til You Believe... by Shumate, Thom US $2.25 Buy It Now 4h 16m
HAPPY CLAPPERS I Believe CD 6 Tracks, Radio Edit/Notloveland Radio Mix/12 Inch US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Dinah Washington & Brook Benton 45 A ROCKIN' GOOD WAY / I BELIEVE ~ VG+ r+b US $3.08 Buy It Now 4h 23m
ISLAND The Way I'M Feeling Now CD 3 Tracks Inc I Still Believe+Same Mistakes US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 29m
JAMESTOWN FEATURING JOCELYN BROWN I Believe CD 3 Tracks, Radio Edit/Smokin Beat US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 31m
JON SECADA Do You Believe In Us CD 4 Tracks, Lp+Hit Versions+Hot Mix+Misunderst US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 38m
VINCE GILL I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU One More Last Chance Pretty Words CASSETTE US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
LEMAR Another Day CD 4 Tracks, Orig/Video/I Believe In A Thing Called Love/I Ne US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 52m
LENNY KRAVITZ Fly Away CD 3 Tracks, Orig/Live Acoustic/Believe-Live Acoustic US $5.52 Buy It Now 4h 53m
E. M. Forster - The Road From Colonus - What I Believe - Very Rare LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Wax - Get Loose - Do You Believe In Magic - 1981 VG+ 12" Single US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
CHER Very Best Of CD 21-Track Greatest Hits 1965-2002 Half Breed, Believe US $2.49 [0 bids]
SIDE EFFECT Make You Mine b/w If You Believe STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
CHUCK MANGIONE -BEST OF+ DISGUISE+ LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE----3 JAZZ ALBUMS--NICE!! US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
1953 UK #1 FRANKIE LAINE 78 " I BELIEVE / YOUR CHEATIN HEART" PHILIPS PB 117 EX+ US $21.22 Buy It Now 5h 9m
MARCELLA DETROIT I Believe CD 3 Tracks Inc Shadow+I Want To Take You Higher US $5.52 Buy It Now 5h 10m
MASH Believe It CD 2 Tracks Inc All I Want US $5.52 Buy It Now 5h 14m
The Imperials Believe It With Warranty US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Hidden Cameras - I Believe In The Good Of Life 7 Inch US $1.99 [0 bids]
Tim Burgess - I Believe In The Spirit 7 Inch US $1.99 [0 bids]
"You Made Me Believe in Magic/Dance Dance Dance" Bay City Rollers 45 (AS-0256) US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
MINISTERS DE LA FUNK FEAT JOCELYN BROWN Believe CD 3 Tracks, Original/Spen US $6.36 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Believe [US CD/12" Single] [Single] by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $3.99 [0 bids]
NM 12"~The GAP BAND~Going In Circles~[4:31]~I Believe~[4:28]~[1985 T.EXPERIENCE] US $4.49 [0 bids]
45 RPM Reunion "Life is a Rock" & "Are You Ready to Believe" US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Rare Rachel Panay "I Still Believe" CD 11 Tracks 2005 House US $3.99 [0 bids]
RONNIE HILTON ~ I STILL BELIEVE NEW CD HIT SINGER OF THE FIFTIES NO OTHER LOVE + US $6.53 Buy It Now 5h 37m
OASIS Don'T Believe The Truth CD 11 Track Album, Rkidcd30 US $7.21 Buy It Now 5h 42m
CRYSTAL GAYLE CASSETTE WE MUST BELIEVE IN MAGIC CANADIAN RELEASE US $4.98 [0 bids]
Hear It To Believe It DUKES OF DIXIELAND - EX Vinyl RI AUDIO FIDELITY RECORD US $9.99 [0 bids]
CONWAY TWITTY & LORETTA LYNN .. HEY GOOD LOOKIN , MAKING BELIEVE .. OLDIES US $4.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
HEAR IT - POPCORN - BILLY BLAND - HARMONY - MAKE BELIEVE LOVER US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 55m
I Believe, Detroit Marcella, Acceptable Single US $4.62 Buy It Now 5h 59m
R. KELLY I Believe I Can Fly CD 4 Tracks, Radio Edit/Lp Version/Instrumental/Re US $5.52 Buy It Now 6h

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine ratings distribution

BELIEVE This Bread Is Mine reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Brave?

Just over a year after releasing their superb second album "Yesterday is a friend", talented Polish band Believe return with their third offering. For this album, they call upon the services of back room staff with impressive credentials, including noted Polish producer Włodek Kowalczyk and British sound engineer Andy Jackson. More obvious perhaps though is the arrival of vocalist/flautist/keyboards player Karol Wróblewski in place of Tomek Rozycki. Wróblewski fits in well, his occasional contributions on flute adding an extra dimension to tracks such as "Darkness".

The overall mood here tends to be mellower than on previous albums, the atmospheric violin of Satomi (now fully installed as a band member) emphasising the at times almost melancholy feel.

The 11 tracks are carefully crafted affairs, with non-band member Robert Sieradzki once again writing the English language lyrics. The songs tend to merge together to form a greater whole in a similar way to that of Hogarth era Marillion on albums such as "Brave" and on albums such as "The wall". The lead guitar of Mirek Gil is less obvious overall this time, but his solos on tracks such as "Problems rise" are as captivating as ever.

The rather oddly named "Aa" features more fine violin from Satomi, who enjoys here first co-credit for the song writing. Her playing is reminiscent of some of Daryll Way's work with Curved Air, which in itself is surely a strong recommendation. The title track on the other hand is in some ways quite at odds with the rest of the album, especially in view of the disturbed/disturbing spoken word section.

The move away from the lush neo-prog of Collage and indeed of previous Believe albums may be considered brave by some. With "This bread is mine", Believe are making a clear effort to create and album of moods and atmospheres. For me the album is an unqualified success, which continues to grow with successive plays. Undoubtedly, new fans will be drawn to the band through this release, but there may also be some who find themselves unwilling to believe in the change of direction it represents.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#240727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 21, 2009

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars BELIEVE has effected dramatic shifts in each of their 3 studio albums to date. Their debut was an neo grunge like affair, quite unexpected from the man who brought us the lush solos of the COLLAGE classic "Moonshine". Their sophomore effort was a crisp and more subtle production, with wondrous interplay between the members, more room for Satomi's violin, and a willingness to inject variety in the form of sparse but notable flutes and keyboards. The tendency to play close to the RIVERSIDE was somewhat dubious, but it was the Riverside without the growls and PINK FLOYD sans perpetual moroseness. For their third try we knew to expect the unexpected, and Believe has delivered.

A significant lineup shift has provided the impetus for Believe to take it down a notch, more in mood than in tempo. New vocalist "Karol Wróblewski" has a voice that is meant for a more subdued style, but I admit it is somewhat an acquired taste, whereas Tomek Rozycki was just plain likable and adaptable. Karol is gruffer, less dynamic. This could have been compensated but instead the overall production seems muffled, the presence of Andy Jackson as sound engineer notwithstanding. He is also given more in the way of cliched lyrics, some of which choose to reappear later in the disk to make matters worse.

Whereas on "Yesterday is a Friend", BELIEVE balanced creativity and unpredictability with scintillating melodies and unforgettable choruses, here Gil seems to have made the decision not to "go there"....too slowly. This is especially true on two of the longer tracks that would have had a lot more power had they been more succinct - "Tales from Under the Tree" and "And All the Roads". "Darkness" is a harder rocker with a prime riff that is more reminiscent of the work on "Hope to See Another Day", but without a real turning point, which on that album might have taken the form of a wrenching violin solo. The title cut and "Mine" are not even that good, and by this point the use of spoken and whispered vocals, particularly with little cutesy remarks to close a song, effective in small doses, has become more of an irritant.

It's left to the emotionally cathartic ballad "Mother", the cohesive phases of "Problems Rise", the haunting Satomi-dominated Aa, catchy "This is Life" , and the closing folk song "Silence" to carry the torch. I'm not trying to say this is a bad album at all. Believe has staked out a credible niche in neo prog, and most of what's here is an enjoyable if unspectacular listen on its own terms, but my conclusion is that it's not up to the standards of the previous two albums, so I would recommend breaking bread with them first. 2.5 stars rounded up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#241104) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Out goes the grunge parts and in comes the alternative pop. Or so it seems at first. lsiten Polish band Believe´s third efford shows the band changing course once again. You can´t really blame guitarrist and founder member Mirek Gil for being repetitive, Here you can hardly remember him for his important role defining the trademark sounds of seminal prog bands like Collage and Satellite. His guitar playing is still gorgeous, there are some fantastic electric and acoustic guitar lines. But the tunes are simply not as good as on their second CD (their best).

The change of singers does not help matters much either. The guy has a nice voice but his style too close to bands like Radiohead for my taste. Satomi´s violin solos don´t have much room here (at least not as much as the previous work). In the end I found This Bread Is Mine a bit tedious on some parts . Of course all the musicians involved are great, the arrangements are quite good and there ares always Gill´s guitar solos to make the diference Still the band seem to be drifting away from prog and getting closer to alternative pop.

Conclusion: not a bad CD at all, I must say. But I was expecting something more progressive since Yesterday Is A Friend showed so much promise in that direction. As it is, This Bread Is Mine is good, but definitly not essential. 3 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#241206) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit Believe have been active for a few years now, and with their first two productions they started getting some truly deserved attention for their particular blend of melodic, progressive rock. This Bread Is Mine is a major step backwards though, as far as I'm concerned.

It took me quite a while and many listens to gather just what was missing though. Albeit less energetic in expression and a much more laid-back affair than their previous works the music still contain elements I generally find pleasing: Haunting guitar soloing, subdued guitar riffs and wandering acoustic guitar passages with frequent utilization of soaring violins. This time around with flute flurries added to the menu. All of them musical elements I tend to like, especially when assembled in works of a melancholic nature.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the lead vocals was the main cause of my slight dislike this time around. Slightly too deep or slightly too high in tone rather often. Not by much by any means, but enough to create a disruption in the mood for me. A tendency for too much of a melodramatic vocal delivery is a further negative in my book.

Other details where easier identifiable. Like the tilte track, 5 minutes of almost pure musical bliss, and then a dark, final segment with spoken words that are completely at odds with the rest of the composition. Or on the track Darkness, containing distinct passages enjoyable in themselves, but assembled together in one composition they contrast each other way too much for my personal tastes.

Those who generally enjoy melodic, neo progressive rock with violins, flute and subdued guitars might find this venture pleasing though. I'm very particular about vocals, and those less inclined than me to become uneasy with vocal performances may just take an interest in this production. My main impression is that This Bread Is Mine is a flawed effort though, and the weakest effort so far by this highly talented Polish outfit.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#258575) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 stars I will defer to the true BELIEVE fans for the more intimate reflections about this 3rd BELIEVE release. As a relative newcomer to Believe's music, I can only offer you what I gleaned from this recent purchase. I am not disappointed in making the purchase, the music is enjoyable. Sure there are s ... (read more)

Report this review (#289011) | Posted by HotToad5 | Saturday, July 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "This Bread Is Mine"