A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS

Sarah Stanton - keyboards
John Bennett - drums

Peaceville Records
October 9, 2006

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE A Line of Deathless Kings Music

Songs of Darkness Words of LightSongs of Darkness Words of Light
Dreadful HourDreadful Hour
Remastered
Peaceville UK 2007
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 3 Bonus Tracks CD (New) US $18.63 Buy It Now 1h 37m
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA - CDVILEF324 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3h 38m
my dying bride i am the bloody earth ep cd 1994 US $11.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 7h 9m
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [CD New] US $12.12 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Like Gods of the Sun by MY DYING BRIDE (Original CD, Made in USA) US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [CD New] US $14.19 Buy It Now 7h 10m
The Angel and the Dark River by MY DYING BRIDE 1995 (Original CD, Made in USA) US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Light at the end of the World by MY DYING BRIDE 1999 ( CD, Made in England) US $4.99 [0 bids]
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
Trinity by MY DYING BRIDE 1995 (Original CD, Made in USA) US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Voice of the Wretched PROMO (CD, 2002) Peaceville metal doom US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Onirophagus - Defiler of hope (pro cdr) MY DYING BRIDE AUTOPSY KATATONIA ASPHYX US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River cd sealed US $21.24 Buy It Now 11h 34m
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.45 Buy It Now 13h 24m
THE ORGAN FANZINE ISSUE 148 JAN 2006 - NINA HAGEN - LIARS - MY DYING BRIDE US $15.14 Buy It Now 13h 35m
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans Special Edition 2 CD Set 2013 Digibook NEW US $15.95 Buy It Now 14h 14m
Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 10" M LP Green Vinyl + CD My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
19h
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans CD ORG PEACEVILLE/FIERCE US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE KNELL - Harm (CD 2007) Doom Death Metal Esoteric Draconian My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 42m
VERITATE-The rise of Hatröss LP/katatonia/paradise lost/my dying bride/voivod US $15.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 9m
HEDON CRIES-HATE INTO GRIEF (2003 GR DOOM/DEATH DARK TRANQUILLITY MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
My dying bride - like gods of the sun LP first press VILE 65 US $125.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FUNERAL To Mourn Is a Virtue CD, Esoteric My Dying Bride Katatonia Skepticism US $7.99 [0 bids]
VALLENFYRE SPLINTERS LMTD DIGI NEW PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE ASPHYX AUTOPSY US $12.99 [0 bids]
As the Flower Withers by My Dying Bride (CD, 1992, Vile/Peaceville/Fierce) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MORGAIN Abandoned In The Forest... CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Kathatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans US $12.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - A Map of All Our Failures US $12.85 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - CDVILEF407 US $19.42 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [Vinyl New] US $43.39 Buy It Now 1 day
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $3.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [3 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $45.47 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride live concert London 19th December 1996 small poster print A5 size US $25.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Tales Of Dark - Fragile Monuments CD My Dying Bride Celestial Season Tristania US $5.00 [0 bids]
Aglaomorpha - Perception CD Anathema My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia US $5.00 [0 bids]
Amily - To All in Graves CD Swallow the Sun My Dying Bride Draconian Doom:VS US $3.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: Trinity SEALED CD Japanese release 1998 US $30.00 [0 bids]
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (CD, Nov-2000, PEACEVILLE) UK US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (Cassette, Feb-1996, Fierce) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Tape US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Light at the end of the World - Tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE (1998,2001 PEACEVILLE RECORDS, UK) CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT 2004 PEACEVILLE RECORDS, UK CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY (CD, 1995, Futurist/ FIERCE Recordings) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost (CD) (Anathema, My Dying Bride, Katatonia) US $1.50 [1 bids]
TEN (10) DM cassette tape Lot 4 AUTOPSY MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST US $20.00 [0 bids]
NEW DARK CLASSICS Peaceville promo CD Katatonia My Dying Bride Darkthrone etc US $5.03 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Trinity:T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $27.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (CD, Feb-1996, Fierce) US $4.99 [0 bids]
As the Flower Withers by My Dying Bride (CD, 1992, Futurist/Mayhem Records) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $61.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [2 DISCS] [801056832429] - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.62 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST PRINTED PATCH MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA KATATONIA MOONSPELL CEMETARY US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $53.97 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $62.57 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [2LP] - 2013- New & Sealed US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NOVEMBERS DOOM For Every Leaf that Falls CD EP rare my dying bride katatonia US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe [CD New] US $48.45 Buy It Now 2 days
GARDENIAN SOULBURNER PROMO CD 1999 NEAR MINT OOP HTF MY DYING BRIDE LEAVES EYES US $15.00 [0 bids]
AMORPHIS Tuonela G/F LP 2013 anathema my dying bride in flames opeth nightwish US $31.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF R1) US $16.75 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2CD 2011, Peaceville Records) LIKE NEW US $11.94 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST: Faith Divides Us, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Sentenced, Insomnium US $6.66 [0 bids]
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Albion (20th Ann Tour) Longsleeve T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $37.27 Buy It Now 2 days
FATUM ELISUM-HOMO NIHILIS-doom-death-silencer-paradise lost-my dying bride US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River/Live at the Dynamo '95 [Limited].. US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY-RELIC DANCES NEW LP MY DYING BRIDE DOOM/DEATH US $36.99 [0 bids]
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures [CD New] US $15.69 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: The Angel and the Dark River (CD) US $0.99 [1 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD (1992) US $9.27 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [Vinyl New] US $25.48 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES NEW CD US $24.21 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS NEW VINYL US $37.07 Buy It Now 3 days
SOLSTICE "Lamentations"ORG CD Candlelight 1994,Candlemass,My Dying Bride US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE DREADFUL HOURS Rare Death MC BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $7.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Lycanthia - Oligarchy (Fans of My Dying Bride, Draconian, Theatre of Tragedy) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (CD, Feb-1996, Fierce) sealed US $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel and the Dark River (CD 1995) USA First Ed EXC Goth/Doom US $12.60 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride I Am the Bloody Earth Original 12" St Vitus Cathedral US $20.00 [1 bids]
Damnation festival 2008 My dying bride/Carcass/Napalm death-2008 magazine advert US $8.40 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride : The Dreadful Hours CD (2008) US $9.49 Buy It Now 3 days
UNIVERSE217 self-titled CD JEWEL CASE Greek avant/prog doom swans my dying bride US $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Turn Loose the Swans [Special Edition] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $10.61 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - VINYL 2 LP record US $40.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Opeth - Blackwater Park (anthema,my dying bride,doom,death,metal,damnation,deli) US $47.50 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE EVINTA PATCH US $5.03 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 (2000) CD - NEW Sealed US $16.75 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride Evinta Ladies T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL size S(UK 8/10) US $7.36 Buy It Now 4 days
TO CAST A SHADOW In Memory Of DIGIPAK THE 3RD AND THE MORTAL MY DYING BRIDE US $13.00 Buy It Now 4 days
IN LOVING MEMORY - Tragedy & Moon CD 2008 Orig Anathema My Dying Bride Tiamat US $7.77 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 2xCD REISSUE UK experimental death/doom NEW US $15.98 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Vaulted Shadows (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $12.65 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE A Line of Deathless Kings ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE A Line of Deathless Kings reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After three consecutive high-quality MDB albums, the band sounds depleted of energy on A line of Deathless Kings. A String of Lifeless Songs may have been a better title.

Still this is not a bad album, not at all. MDB returned to the idiom of The Angel And The Dark River, refraining from grunts entirely and focussing on slowly brooding melodies of doom and gloom. But without his gruff vocals, Aaron Stainthorpe is a challenging listen. His clean voice is so limited and morose that even I get weary of it after a couple of songs. So while I could listen and enjoy any of the songs of this album, all of them consecutively is a burden that is hard to take. MDB is much better if they alternate between mournful crooning, vicious rasps and deep growls. The last track, of which the last 30 seconds end in a furious outburst of blast beats and cookie-monster vocals offers a welcome but much too short relief.

A line of Deathless Kingsis an average MDB album with good songwriting but too much sameness to match up to the creative peak they had reached on the preceding albums. Worth checking out for their fans and especially for admirers of The Angel And The Dark River album.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#285782) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Review by UMUR
4 stars "A Line of Deathless Kings" is the 9th full-length studio album by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in October 2006 by Peaceville Records.

The music on the album is the sound of My Dying Bride as we know them. Crushingly heavy riff, melodic leads and themes, catchy heavy rythms and of course the melancholic and paatos filled vocals by Aaron Stainthorpe. Shortly before entering the studio to record the album drummer Shaun Taylor-Steels announced his departure from My Dying Bride. He had persistent problems with his ankle that forced him to quit the band. Session drummer John Bennett (The Prophecy) replaced him and does a great job. He even manages to put his own touch to the recordings. I really enjoy both his playing and the sound production of his drums on "A Line of Deathless Kings". While long time member and bassist Adrian "Ade" Jackson plays the bass on the album, this would be his last recording with the band. He left in January 2007 and moved to America.

The tracks are as always well written, performed with passion and add to that a professional and well sounding sound production and you got a quality product. I wouldn´t say My Dying Bride have developed their sound radically, but as with all their albums they´ve tweaked their ideas to make the sound on this album unique compared to the rest of their output. It´s a delicate art but once again they´ve succeeded. The thing that´s most obvious upon first listen is that "A Line of Deathless Kings" features very few growling vocals. In fact it´s only the track "Deeper Down" where the growling vocals are present and in a very short section in "Love's Intolerable Pain". It´s a quite interesting choice as the band had actually begun to incorporate growls more and more into their music over the course of the last couple of albums (the last 3 to be exact) after that vocal style had been gone from their music for a couple of albums before that. But a bit surprisingly to me, the growling vocals aren´t missed (and I usually enjoy the contrast between the growling and the clean vocals) and that is in large part due to the memorability of the melody lines. This was probably the most memorable and accessible vocal lines and melodies written by the band up until then. The passion behind the vocal performance on this album is also exquisite. Aaron Stainthorpe pours his soul into the songs and it works wonders.

My Dying Bride are amazingly consistent. Even this far into their career there are only very few of their albums where the quality has dropped slightly (and I mean slightly). Other than those brief moments, their output has been of consistently high quality. "A Line of Deathless Kings" is no different in that respect and among their strongest releases yet. The tracks are well written and intriguing, the production is powerful and the musicianship is excellent. My Dying Bride are arguably one of the few leaders of their genre and "A Line of Deathless Kings" is just another demonstration of power that will leave the followers kneeling in the dust, just hoping that they can be like My Dying Bride when they grow up. A 4 - 4.5 star rating is fully deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#505546) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 19, 2011

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars If you want some incredibly powerful and dynamic hard rock music that has its feet firmly in doom but somehow has managed to transcend that genre then you ought to search this out. That there is a sledgehammer always in attendance is never in doubt but it is being wielded with great skill so that the walnut at times is gently cracked in two whereas at others it is demolished totally. The vocals can be very gentle or with an edge, the riffs can be slow or something far more dramatic and intense.

There is a heightened level of atmosphere with this album, rock music that is seemingly far more than just that. These guys have been plying their trade for more than 15 years and they are certainly showing no sign at all of resting on their laurels with an album that is the best I have ever heard from them. This is metal that everything going for it, as the band experiment, yet keeps the guitars right in your face and keep the emotion dripping throughout. This is a powering statement and one that all fans of the heavy metal, whatever the sub genre, ought to seek out. www.peaceville.co.uk

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#906918) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 05, 2013

2 stars Running on empty. After the excellent Songs Of Darkness album from 2004, My Dying Bride returned in 2006 with this album. And with an album which is pretty close to being a turkey. At best, My Dying Bride is an excellent band. Their sound is normally very good and this band can really deli ... (read more)

Report this review (#452164) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, May 26, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "A Line of Deathless Kings"