SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1992

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (11:39)
2. God Is Alone (4:51)
3. De Sade Soliloquay (3:42)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium lyrics

- Rick Miah / drums
- Martin Powell / violin

Peaceville Records
March 1992

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium Music

Peaceville UK 2012
Like Gods Of The SunLike Gods Of The Sun
Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2006
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)
Peaceville 2008
As the Flower WithersAs the Flower Withers
Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2004
For Lies I SireFor Lies I Sire
Peaceville UK 2009
ANATHEMA ETERNITY LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE FIRST PRESS my dying bride opeth US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE anathema opeth US $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
DOMINION Interface RARE JAPAN CD OBI PCCY-01033 Nailed My Dying Bride US $9.99 [0 bids]
!!!LOOK!!! KATATONIA The Great Cold Distance 2LP OPETH ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $85.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 3h 22m
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 3h 55m
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Digipak) (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 4h
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - CDVILED289 US $14.67 Buy It Now 4h 41m
MY DYING BRIDE - The angel and the dark river (SIGNED/Autographed!!) US $29.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "Like Gods Of The Sun" (1st press,MFN,VERY RARE!!!) Phlebotomized US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
MY DYING BRIDE original Vinyl 2LP Turn Loose The Swans (1993), Doom, Death Metal US $59.00 [0 bids]
REVELATIONS OF RAIN 2013 Deceptive Virtue CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
My Dying Bride ( Shorts ) Paradise Lost Tiamat Scepticism Anathema Cathedral US $32.99 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE**A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 51m
MY DYING BRIDE A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CD 2006 PEACEVILLE doom gothic metal US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World - Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 17h
My Dying Bride - 34.788%... - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h
FALL OF EMPYREAN-A LIFE SPENT DYING-CD-swallow the sun-my dying bride-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE, GREEN vinyl LP, 700 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2010) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.19 Buy It Now 23h 34m
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy-Navaz cd new Root My Dying bride folk doom metal US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Painted Black Cold Comfort Moonspell Paradise Lost My Dying Bride Rotting Christ US $9.99 [0 bids]
WHEN NOTHING REMAINS Thy Dark Serenity BLACK #/400 My Dying Bride Uaral Amorphis US $0.99 [1 bids]
Line Of Deathless Kings by My Dying Bride (CD, Sep-2006, Peaceville Records... US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST "Lost paradise"cd Peaceville 90,Anathema,My dying bride US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Deeper Down Rare Digi Single CD Anathema Katatonia Opeth US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
beseech - drama, type o negative moonspell darkseed tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
darkseed - spellcraft , type o negative moonspell tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (CD, 1995) NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
MOURNING BELOVETH-A DISEASE FOR THE AGES-CD-anathema-my dying bride-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD ORG 1992 Vile Peaceville RARE Nimbus US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 (CD, 2000, Cacop) [UK RELEASE] NEW! SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE**LIKE GODS OF THE SUN**CD US $10.34 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Virgin Black-Requiem-Mezzo Forte(promo cd)My Dying Bride Moonspell US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.73 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE,SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM.EUROPE 1991 CD.EP. US $4.14 [2 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER/DARKEST EYES [CD/DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.22 Buy It Now 2 days
DECEMBRE NOIR A Discouraged Believer OPETH KATATONIA OCTOBER TIDE MY DYING BRIDE US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NECARE-RUIN-CD-doom-death-anathema-my dying bride-mourning beloveth US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Angel & the Dark River (1996) CD US $13.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF K) US $7.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Edenbridge Arcana Cassette Nightwish My Dying Bride Katatonia Paradise Lost CD US $7.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER + 4 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $6.49 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings Limited UK Edition Paradise Lost US $2.99 [1 bids]
Like Gods of the Sun by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2001, Mfn) US $4.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers CD 2004 Bonus Track Super Jewel Box NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans CD 2003 Reissue Bonus Tracks CDVILED39 NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Shape of Despair cd new Thergothon Amorphis Daylight Dies My Dying Bride doom US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.71 Buy It Now 2 days
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD), My Dying Bride, Very Good Live US $27.11 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride: Introducing 2 CD Set 2012 Best Of Greatest Hits Compilation NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MARCHE FUNEBRE-TO DROWN-CD-dark-anathema-my dying bride-katatonia-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-A line of deathless kings-CD BOX-2006-Peaceville-used US $14.66 Buy It Now 2 days
UNSILENCE Under A Torn Sky LP MY DYING BRIDE OPETH PENTAGRAM SAINT VITUS US $11.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Trinity - Polish Release US $11.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES BEANIE SKI HAT US $19.88 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR DARKEST EYES - *NEW DVD* *SEALED* US $7.57 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-TURN LOOSE THE SWANS-CD 2003-DIGIPAK+3 BONUS TRACKS-REMASTERED US $16.56 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER-CD 2003-DIGIPAK+4 BONUS TRACKS US $16.56 Buy It Now 3 days
3 BOX SET FROM:MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST KATATONIA US $89.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD-CD 2004-DIGIPAK-MINT US $16.56 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-DREADFUL HOURS-CD 2001-DIGIPAK-UK 1ST ISSUE+BOOKLET US $16.56 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-LIKE GODS OF THE SUN-CD 2001+SLIPCASE US $11.59 Buy It Now 3 days
LOT OF 3CD'S MY DYING BRIDE - DARK SANCTUARY - THE SOIL BLEEDS BLACK DOOM/METAL US $8.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE LOT OF 3 CD'S .METAL Turn Loose The Swans/Songs Of Darkness... US $10.23 [0 bids]
And Here I Lie "Regrets" RARE/OOP Doom,Thorns of the Carrion,My Dying Bride US $28.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like gods of the sun US $3.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 3 days
KATATONIA FOR FUNERALS TO COME CD 1995 AV009 anathema my dying bride opeth US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium 12" 1st Press 2 Track EP US $8.27 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers 12" Vinyl LP - 1st Press US $8.27 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans Double 12" Vinyl Gatefold LP - 1st Press US $44.74 [5 bids]
CRADLE OF FILTH Embroidered Logo PATCH MY DYING BRIDE AT THE GATES DIMMU BORGIR US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE GARDNERZ Embroidered Logo PATCH My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE "A Map of All Our Failures" 2LP 2012 Peaceville Records (Vinyl) US $33.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE Embroidered Logo PATCH ANATHEMA SOLSTICE BAL SAGOTH US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KUOLEMANLAAKSO- Tulijoutsen cd NEW Swallow The Sun Barren Earth My Dying Bride US $6.13 [3 bids]
My Dying Bride For Lies I Sire CD 2009 Peaceville Records US $8.27 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Turn Loose The Swans Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.27 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity CD 2004 doom collection Peaceville US $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta 2CD 2011 digibook symphonic doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - A Map of All Our Failures CD 2012 doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE PATCH 2 US $4.96 Buy It Now 4 days
AVERNUS-Of the fallen cd OOP Novembers Doom Somnus My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE CASSETTE, Turn Loose The Swans, Futurist, Peaceville US $7.88 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium is an EP release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. The EP is the band´s first release on the Peaceville Records label, being signed to said label on the grounds of the their God is Alone (1991) EP. The video for the title track was my introduction to My Dying Bride. The video was in heavy rotation on the MTV Headbanger´s Ball show in the early nineties. A show I followed with an almost religious interest back then. I remember I was quite breathtaken by the extremely heavy/ doomy and sad nature of that song and I instantly became a fan.

There are three tracks on the 20:12 minute long EP. The 11:39 minute long title track fills up the whole of the A-side and the two shorter tracks God is Alone and De Sade Soliloquay fill up the B-side. All three tracks have seen a release in other versions before being released on Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium. The title track was released in a shorter and not as developed version on the Towards the Sinister (1990) demo tape while the other two songs are available on the God is Alone EP from 1991. Also in other versions. The title track is the real treat here IMO. For the first time we´re invited into the doomy and sad world of My Dying Bride complete with extremely heavy distorted guitar riffs, growling vocals and to complete the sound the addition of violin ( a feature they would further investigate on subsequent releases). The song structure is actually quite interesting too as the song shifts style a couple of times throughout the playing time. The other two songs are more ordinary mid-paced death metal tracks. neither God is Alone nor De Sade Soliloquay impress me much. The latter mentioned is the most interesting of the two though.

The production is allright but nothing impressive.

Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium was a groundbreaking release in the doom/ death metal genre but doesn´t hold too many progressive elements IMO. The band would add those to their music on later releases. As only half the EP is of interest to me and the title track, even though it has good qualities, isn´t the best My Dying Bride have to offer ( a bit imature), a 2.5 star rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259719) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 07, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars The title track of this EP stands for me as the most representative example of symphonic gothic metal qualities. Nearly twelve minutes long dramatic composition is enriched with violins and elements from classical music, and stands as perhaps my most favoured song of this group. The structural parts flow in solid and logical manner, illustrating powerful vision to romanticised views to myths and oppressed anxiety.

Sadly the two other tracks added to this CD EP from the vinyl single lower the overall quality of this release quite dramatically; "God is Alone" is in my opinion quite uninspired run-through of boring guitar riffs and growls among basic drum battering, and "De Sade Soliloquay" being more slower piece with unpleasant rhythm alterations and minor musical content without interesting feeling. However the fine elements making this group pleasant for me are shining on the grandiose title epic, making this a worthy disc if not acquired from some compilations. Also graphic artist Dave McKean does debut as the group's album cover illustrator here, his collaboration continuing on the few forthcoming classic releases.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872759) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2012

3 stars This EP gets a 3-star rating from me. My Dying Bride is one of my favorite bands. Their music is a very interesting combination of death metal trappings with violins, keyboards, and sophisticated song structures. That being said, "Symphonaire" is a merely adequate example of the band's music ... (read more)

Report this review (#982002) | Posted by thwok | Wednesday, June 19, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This EP caused a huge stir in the extreme metal scene when released back in 1992. I remember I got it and fell for it big time. From there on, I have followed My Dying Bride as more or less a fan. I also happens to think that My Dying Bride deserve to be included in PA. The title track on ... (read more)

Report this review (#258680) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, December 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium"