SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1992

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (11:39)
2. God Is Alone (4:51)
3. De Sade Soliloquay (3:42)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium lyrics

- Rick Miah / drums
- Martin Powell / violin

Peaceville Records
March 1992

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium Music

Peaceville UK 2012
Like Gods Of The SunLike Gods Of The Sun
Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2006
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)
Peaceville 2008
As the Flower WithersAs the Flower Withers
Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2004
For Lies I SireFor Lies I Sire
Peaceville UK 2009
THE KNELL - Harm (CD 2007) Doom Death Metal Esoteric Draconian My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 21m
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
MY DYING BRIDE the thrash of naked limbs CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE i am the bloody earth CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE symphonaire infernus et spera... CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
My dying bride - like gods of the sun LP first press VILE 65 US $125.00 Buy It Now 10h 48m
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY-RELIC DANCES NEW LP MY DYING BRIDE DOOM/DEATH US $36.99 [0 bids]
MORGAIN Abandoned In The Forest... CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Kathatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 38m
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans US $12.68 Buy It Now 16h 38m
MY DYING BRIDE - A Map of All Our Failures US $12.91 Buy It Now 16h 44m
HEDON CRIES-HATE INTO GRIEF (2003 GR DOOM/DEATH DARK TRANQUILLITY MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - CDVILEF407 US $19.15 Buy It Now 17h 40m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [Vinyl New] US $43.39 Buy It Now 17h 46m
MY DYING BRIDE logo LANYARD official licensed merchandise US $8.29 Buy It Now 18h 27m
MY DYING BRIDE logo white/black SWEATBAND official merchandise US $8.29 Buy It Now 18h 28m
My Dying Bride "Turn Loose the Swans" 2013 2cd Special Edition Sealed Digibook US $15.76 Buy It Now 18h 59m
My Dying Bride "An Ode To Woe" Live 2 disc cd/dvd 2008 Sealed US $11.54 Buy It Now 18h 59m
My Dying Bride "Introducing" 2013 2cd set Sealed US $11.04 Buy It Now 18h 59m
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [3 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $35.26 Buy It Now 19h 2m
My Dying Bride-Meisterwerk 1 Digipak US $40.00 [0 bids]
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (Cassette, Feb-1996, Fierce) US $20.00 Buy It Now 22h 33m
MY DYING BRIDE "Trinity" (1st press,VERY RARE!!!) Phlebotomized,Saturnus US $16.99 Buy It Now 22h 49m
Onirophagus - Defiler of hope (pro cdr) MY DYING BRIDE AUTOPSY KATATONIA ASPHYX US $5.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CD 2006 PEACEVILLE doom gothic metal US $0.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - Trinity:T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.05 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA [2 DISCS] [801056832429] - NEW CD BOXSET US $22.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $61.47 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST PRINTED PATCH MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA KATATONIA MOONSPELL CEMETARY US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Tape US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Light at the end of the World - Tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride For Darkest Eyes Dvd Videoes And Live 1996 US $4.68 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Manuscript EP 2013 US $8.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST Gothic LP ORG UK First Press MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA MOONSPELL US $39.90 [1 bids]
DRACONIAN - RARE LIVE IN TEL AVIV FLYER 2009 ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe [CD New] US $38.24 Buy It Now 1 day
TIAMAT Clouds era logo patch anathema my dying bride dark tranquility dawn US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CELESTIAL SEASON - SOLAR LOVERS CD DRACONIAN MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARDENIAN SOULBURNER PROMO CD 1999 NEAR MINT OOP HTF MY DYING BRIDE LEAVES EYES US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF R1) US $16.52 Buy It Now 1 day
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [2LP] - 2013- New & Sealed US $30.40 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN + 2 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The angel and the dark river (SIGNED/Autographed!!) US $29.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Voice of the Wretched PROMO (CD, 2002) Peaceville metal doom US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KERRANG-PROMO CD-SEPULTURA+KORN MIXES-SYSTEM OF A DOWN-GARBAGE-MY DYING BRIDE+VA US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Dawn Of Dreams Amber MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST TIAMAT OPETH DOOM DEATH US $1.75 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost Gothic MY DYING BRIDE MOONSPELL AMORPHIS DEATH DOOM CANDLEMASS US $1.75 [0 bids]
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
NOVEMBERS DOOM For Every Leaf that Falls CD EP rare my dying bride katatonia US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Albion (20th Ann Tour) Longsleeve T-shirt - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $25.06 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS CD 2006 PEACEVILLE doom gothic metal US $9.99 [0 bids]
FATUM ELISUM-HOMO NIHILIS-doom-death-silencer-paradise lost-my dying bride US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River/Live at the Dynamo '95 [Limited].. US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures [CD New] US $14.31 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS POSTER 42CM * 30CM US $0.93 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES NEW CD US $24.30 Buy It Now 2 days
SOLSTICE "Lamentations"ORG CD Candlelight 1994,Candlemass,My Dying Bride US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE DREADFUL HOURS Rare Death MC BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE**VAULTED SHADOWS**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Lycanthia - Oligarchy (Fans of My Dying Bride, Draconian, Theatre of Tragedy) US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride (CD, Feb-1996, Fierce) sealed US $17.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Damnation festival 2008 My dying bride/Carcass/Napalm death-2008 magazine advert US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
UNIVERSE217 self-titled CD JEWEL CASE Greek avant/prog doom swans my dying bride US $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
beseech - drama, type o negative moonspell darkseed tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
darkseed - spellcraft , type o negative moonspell tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - VINYL 2 LP record US $40.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Turn Loose the Swans [Special Edition] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $10.63 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD (1992) US $9.31 Buy It Now 3 days
ESOTERIC - METAMORPHOGENESIS CD, Paradise Lost, Anathema, My Dying Bride US $0.99 [0 bids]
Opeth - Blackwater Park (anthema,my dying bride,doom,death,metal,damnation,deli) US $47.50 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE EVINTA PATCH US $4.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Virgin Black-Requiem-Mezzo Forte(promo cd)My Dying Bride Moonspell US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 (2000) CD - NEW Sealed US $14.86 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride Evinta Ladies T-shirt NEW OFFICIAL size S(UK 8/10) US $14.53 Buy It Now 3 days
TO CAST A SHADOW In Memory Of DIGIPAK THE 3RD AND THE MORTAL MY DYING BRIDE US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 2xCD REISSUE UK experimental death/doom NEW US $15.98 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Vaulted Shadows (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $12.65 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-Angel & The Dark River CD NEW US $12.64 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-Angel And The Dark River / Dar CD NEW US $15.34 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-Light At The End Of The World( CD NEW US $12.64 Buy It Now 3 days
AHAB - THE GIANT CD SOLITUDE DRACONIAN MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD (DIGIPACK) - NEW CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride / The Angel and the Dark River JAPAN+2 ORG!!!!! #F US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Like Gods of the Sun by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2001, Mfn) US $4.00 [0 bids]
WHEN NOTHING REMAINS Thy Dark Serenity BLACK #/400 My Dying Bride Uaral Amorphis US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE**LIKE GODS OF THE SUN (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark River US $4.97 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans CD ORG PEACEVILLE/FIERCE US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (NEW CD) US $15.35 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World (1999) PROMO ALBUM US $1.64 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA T-SHIRT MY DYING BRIDE CATHEDRAL TIAMAT THERION KATATONIA ANTIMATTER US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride ( Girlie shirt ) Paradise Lost Tiamat Swallow the Sun Draconian US $26.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CATHEDRAL T-SHIRT MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA LAKE OF TEARS TIAMAT PARADISE LOST US $26.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA GIRLIE SHIRT -MY DYING BRIDE SHAPE OF DESPAIR PARADISE LOST CANDLEMASS US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Moonspell BACK PATCH Daemonarch My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Type O Negative US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Tiamat SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH Lucyfire Paradise Lost Moonspell My Dying Bride US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium is an EP release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. The EP is the band´s first release on the Peaceville Records label, being signed to said label on the grounds of the their God is Alone (1991) EP. The video for the title track was my introduction to My Dying Bride. The video was in heavy rotation on the MTV Headbanger´s Ball show in the early nineties. A show I followed with an almost religious interest back then. I remember I was quite breathtaken by the extremely heavy/ doomy and sad nature of that song and I instantly became a fan.

There are three tracks on the 20:12 minute long EP. The 11:39 minute long title track fills up the whole of the A-side and the two shorter tracks God is Alone and De Sade Soliloquay fill up the B-side. All three tracks have seen a release in other versions before being released on Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium. The title track was released in a shorter and not as developed version on the Towards the Sinister (1990) demo tape while the other two songs are available on the God is Alone EP from 1991. Also in other versions. The title track is the real treat here IMO. For the first time we´re invited into the doomy and sad world of My Dying Bride complete with extremely heavy distorted guitar riffs, growling vocals and to complete the sound the addition of violin ( a feature they would further investigate on subsequent releases). The song structure is actually quite interesting too as the song shifts style a couple of times throughout the playing time. The other two songs are more ordinary mid-paced death metal tracks. neither God is Alone nor De Sade Soliloquay impress me much. The latter mentioned is the most interesting of the two though.

The production is allright but nothing impressive.

Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium was a groundbreaking release in the doom/ death metal genre but doesn´t hold too many progressive elements IMO. The band would add those to their music on later releases. As only half the EP is of interest to me and the title track, even though it has good qualities, isn´t the best My Dying Bride have to offer ( a bit imature), a 2.5 star rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259719) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 07, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars The title track of this EP stands for me as the most representative example of symphonic gothic metal qualities. Nearly twelve minutes long dramatic composition is enriched with violins and elements from classical music, and stands as perhaps my most favoured song of this group. The structural parts flow in solid and logical manner, illustrating powerful vision to romanticised views to myths and oppressed anxiety.

Sadly the two other tracks added to this CD EP from the vinyl single lower the overall quality of this release quite dramatically; "God is Alone" is in my opinion quite uninspired run-through of boring guitar riffs and growls among basic drum battering, and "De Sade Soliloquay" being more slower piece with unpleasant rhythm alterations and minor musical content without interesting feeling. However the fine elements making this group pleasant for me are shining on the grandiose title epic, making this a worthy disc if not acquired from some compilations. Also graphic artist Dave McKean does debut as the group's album cover illustrator here, his collaboration continuing on the few forthcoming classic releases.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872759) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 07, 2012

3 stars This EP gets a 3-star rating from me. My Dying Bride is one of my favorite bands. Their music is a very interesting combination of death metal trappings with violins, keyboards, and sophisticated song structures. That being said, "Symphonaire" is a merely adequate example of the band's music ... (read more)

Report this review (#982002) | Posted by thwok | Wednesday, June 19, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This EP caused a huge stir in the extreme metal scene when released back in 1992. I remember I got it and fell for it big time. From there on, I have followed My Dying Bride as more or less a fan. I also happens to think that My Dying Bride deserve to be included in PA. The title track on ... (read more)

Report this review (#258680) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, December 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium"