TOWARDS THE SINISTER

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Towards the Sinister album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1990

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (8:33)
2. Vast Choirs (7:20)
3. The Grief of Age (4:00)
4. Catching Feathers (3:34)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister lyrics

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister tabs

- Aaron Stainthorpe / vocals
- Andrew Craighan / guitar, keyboards
- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar
- Rick Miah / drums

March 9, 1990
Independent Release

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister Music

EP
Peaceville UK 2013
EvintaEvinta
Peaceville / Snapper 2011
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD)
Peaceville 2008
Meisterwerk 1Meisterwerk 1
Peaceville UK 2001
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hours [CD New] US $9.85 Buy It Now 56m 57s
My Dying Bride "The Light At The End Of The World" dlp vinyl lp, Paradise Lost US $20.00 [7 bids]
2h
My Dying Bride "The Dreadful Hours" dlp, vinyl, lp, shirt, Paradise Lost, Opeth US $13.50 [6 bids]
My Dying Bride As the flower withers cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Like Gods of the Sun by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2001, Mfn) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE THE VOICE OF THE WRETCHED SEALED CD NEW US $8.77 Buy It Now 4h 7m
MY DYING BRIDE evinta 2011 - WOVEN SEW ON PATCH official merchandise US $4.96 Buy It Now 5h 35m
MY DYING BRIDE The Barghest O' Whitby (Red LP) Opeth, Katatonia, Death, slayer US $100.00 Buy It Now 9h 34m
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.47 Buy It Now 15h 40m
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 NEW CD Paradise Lost Anathema Saturnus US $2.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES NEW VINYL US $43.84 Buy It Now 18h 25m
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS NEW CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 19h 35m
ALBEZ DUZ DIGI-CD PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE TIAMAT BLACK WIDOW GHOST HUATA US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 38m
ALEXANDER GLAVNIY Without Waste Words AUTUMNIA OFFICIUM TRISTE MY DYING BRIDE US $8.00 Buy It Now 20h 59m
My Dying Bride : Evinta CD (2011) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.06 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS + 3 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788 % COMPLETE + BONUS TRACK SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-An Ode To Woe CD + DVD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $18.57 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-Like Gods Of The Sun CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $12.05 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-Meisterwerk 1 CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $11.12 Buy It Now 1 day
HAMFERD Vilst Er Sidsta Fet CD EP NEW/SEALED My Dying Bride Tyr Katatonia Opeth US $17.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Fine Day to Exit CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia Tiamat US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CD Digi +Bonus My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST As I Die CD EP My Dying Bride Anathema Katatonia Tiamat Moonspell! US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA Eternity CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Katatonia Tiamat Moonspell US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
ET MORIEMUR - Cupio Dissolvi (CD 2011) Doom Death Metal My Dying Bride Anathema US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HEDON CRIES - Hate Into Grief (CD 2003) My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
INNER MISSING - Escapism (CD 2011) doom death metal My Dying Bride Draconian US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LLVME Fogeira De Suenos (CD 2010) My Dying Bride Shape of Despair Negura Bunget US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 - NEW CD US $15.58 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - the Dreadful Hours / Live in Krakow Vol. 2 (Agat Rec ) Russian US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FIRST PRESS OPETH Still Life CD ORG Peaceville 2000 KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LYCUS Tempest DIGIPAK MOURNFUL CONGREGATION PALLBEARER MY DYING BRIDE ASUNDER US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
DISSOLVING OF PRODIGY Time Ruins Also Beauty CD 1997 Sheer Rec. my dying bride US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - THE VOICE OF THE WRETCHED DIGIPACK CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The Angel And The Dark River CD US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Shades Of God CD 1992 MFN anathema my dying bride cemetary US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel And The Dark River Digi LE '95 US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE The Light At The End Of The World EX CD 1999 Peaceville Anathema US $29.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST As I Die CD 1992 MFN anathema my dying bride cemetary US $44.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WITHERING SURFACE Scarlet Silhouettes CD 1997 Euphonious Rec my dying bride US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD 1994 Futurist Anathema Paradise Lost US $44.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Lost Paradise CD 1990 Peaceville my dying bride katatonia anathema US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel and the Dark River LIMITED DIGI 1995 Peacevile anathema US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) (CD, Jan-2004) US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MENTAL HOME Black Art - 1999 CD - lacrimosa my dying bride october tide therion US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS, WORDS OF LIGHT DIGIPACK CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Japan+2) / 11 Track US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Trinity (Japan+1) / 10 Track US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (Japan+1) / 8 Track US $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MYTHOPOEIA - Golden Leaf Of Oak CD Metal Breath 2001 MY DYING BRIDE OCTOBER TIDE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FROM BEYOND - Endtime CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Moonspell SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH Lucyfire Paradise Lost Tiamat My Dying Bride US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Moonspell SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH Paradise Lost Tiamat My Dying Bride US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BLOODLINE- Opium hearts ADVANCE PROMO CD RARE KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose The Swans CD 1993 Peaceville Records US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PARAMAECIUM Exhumed Of The Earth CD '94 R.E.X. MUSIC My Dying Bride Virgin Black US $69.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ETHERIAL WINDS - Saved CD rare 1.press 1994 M.M.I. / my dying bride crematory US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE The Angel And The Dark River LIMITED DIGI 1995 Peaceville US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DEPRESY Sighting LE DIGI 1999 Shindy Prod. Septic Flesh My Dying Bride US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
thurisaz - circadian rhytm slipcase axamenta finntroll my dying bride evoken US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Keen Of The Crow - Hyborea morgion evoken baroness neurosis my dying bride US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ablaze in hatred - deceptive awareness my dying bride evoken thergothon isole US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (CD, Nov-2000, PEACEVILLE) UK US $4.99 [0 bids]
AVERNUS-Of the fallen cd OOP Novembers Doom Somnus My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE (1998,2001 PEACEVILLE RECORDS, UK) CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT 2004 PEACEVILLE RECORDS, UK CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY (CD, 1995, Futurist/ FIERCE Recordings) US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light [CD New] US $10.69 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT NEW CD US $17.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Dark Tranquility - The Minds I [ LP, Century Media, IMPORT, NEW ] My Dying Bride US $22.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Meisterwerk V.2 by My Dying Bride (Digipak, Mar-2004, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $24.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $24.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Reflection by Paradise Lost (CD, Oct-1998 My Dying Bride US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: MY DYING BRIDE The Angel And The Dark River US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Songs:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Songs:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE:Trinity:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $27.92 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures NEW CD US $18.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Void Of Silence ?- Criteria Ov 666 DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEX zero CD SEALED candlemass my dying bride katatonia autopsy anathema doom US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel & And The Dark River (NEW CD) US $15.34 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - VAULTED SHADOWS THE - CDVILEDH509 US $17.09 Buy It Now 2 days
SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH MY DYING BRIDE US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE as the flower withers LP 6 track with inner sleeve (vilelp479) eu US $29.86 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.41 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $12.17 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta [CD New] US $14.38 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.69 Buy It Now 3 days
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Towards the Sinister is a demo cassette tape release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It´s the band´s first and only demo release. It was independently released on the 9th of March 1990. The band were at this point a four-piece consisting of Aaron Stainthorpe on vocals, Andrew Craighan on guitars and keyboards, Calvin Robertshaw on guitars and Rick Miah on drums.

The demo contains four tracks. As far as I remember The Grief of Age and Catching Feathers are exclusive to this release while re-recorded and re-worked versions of Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium and Vast Choirs would appear on later releases by the band. The former on the Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (1992) EP while the latter would appear on the debut full-length studio album by My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers (1992). The music on the demo is for the most part pretty different in sound from later doomy releases by the band. The tempo is mostly mid- paced and there are even some faster sections in some songs. The trademark slow doomy parts are there too of course. The vocals are deep growls. Aaron Stainthorpe´s tortured clean vocal delivery would only appear on later releases.

While the music on the album is actually pretty solid compared to other releases in the genre from the early nineties, the production drags this demo down. The sound is muddy and not even close to being professional. I´ll give a 2 star rating though as this demo showed great promise from a band that would fully live up to that promise on later releases.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259526) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The rush of winter, its piles of snow and dark desolate street views motivated me to listen some old heavy metal records, and I got immersed to some feelings from early My Dying Bride albums. Hence some impression reports for your amusement.

This demo tape from 1990 has some interesting moments and feelings, though it is evident that it does not reach musically similar heights as the forthcoming releases with better production quality. One of their greatest composition for me is already present here as a beta version; Possibly the longer time spent on developing "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium" has ensured the glory of later incarnations of this grim romantic epic. On this early version I liked the raw riff sequences and rustic minimal synths, though the later recordings achieve vaster amount of merits in my opinion. Especially the vocal arrangements appear here slightly clumsy.

"Vast Choirs" is also another highlight here for me - The effect of hollow glue sniffing intro evoking trashy fast guitar motives similar to early Carcass leads to a convincing slower riff passage with gloomy synthesizer enrichments. Structural approach to song composition philosophy isalso strongly present on this track, which succeeds fairly well in its dramaturgical curves, and also brings memories from the violent streets of youthhood powerfully back to my mind. The recording is also in my opinion here more working in its brutality than the forthcoming cleaner version on "As The Flower Withers".

The two other tracks are not so appealing, "The Grief of Age" being more straightforward death metal grinder with few slower licks in the end, and "Catching Feathers" balancing between full throttle smashing and whisper-accompanied guitar riff webs. The sounds of the recording are quite muddy, but pleasant ears open to old school lo-fi tones of early 1990's heavy metal sounds. In my opinion a good starting for succesful career with gothic romanticism, a journey which I personally felt ventured later to bit more duller and commercial straits.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872741) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 06, 2012

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Towards the Sinister"