TOWARDS THE SINISTER

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Towards the Sinister album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1990

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (8:33)
2. Vast Choirs (7:20)
3. The Grief of Age (4:00)
4. Catching Feathers (3:34)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister lyrics

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister tabs

- Aaron Stainthorpe / vocals
- Andrew Craighan / guitar, keyboards
- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar
- Rick Miah / drums

March 9, 1990
Independent Release

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Turn Loose the SwansTurn Loose the Swans
Like Gods Of The SunLike Gods Of The Sun
Peaceville 2006
Map of All Our FailuresMap of All Our Failures
Peaceville 2012
AMORPHIS Tuonela G/F LP 2013 anathema my dying bride in flames opeth nightwish US $31.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
FIRST PRESS OPETH Still Life CD ORG Peaceville 2000 KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
LYCUS Tempest DIGIPAK MOURNFUL CONGREGATION PALLBEARER MY DYING BRIDE ASUNDER US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 21m
UNSILENCE Under A Torn Sky LP MY DYING BRIDE OPETH PENTAGRAM SAINT VITUS US $11.00 [0 bids]
HAMFERD Vilst Er Sidsta Fet CD EP NEW/SEALED My Dying Bride Tyr Katatonia Opeth US $17.49 Buy It Now 7h 45m
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) (CD, Jan-2004) US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
MY DYING BRIDE Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light CD 8 Track Limited Edition With US $24.44 Buy It Now 9h 34m
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete SEALED (CD) '98 Original 1st Press Mayhem metal US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 55m
MORGION - CD - Solinari - Heavy Death Doom Metal Celtic Frost, My Dying Bride US $1.55 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride-Trinity CD NEW US $14.14 Buy It Now 13h
My Dying Bride *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD - ( 49 Songs ) US $6.85 [0 bids]
Anathema-Serenades plus/New/Paradise Lost/My Dying Bride/Opeth/Candlemass/Isole US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 19m
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light [CD New] US $10.61 Buy It Now 15h 30m
Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light - My Dying Bride (2006, CD New) US $11.55 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Introducing My Dying Bride US $12.13 Buy It Now 15h 53m
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods of the Sun US $3.55 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%... Complete 2xLP REISSUE avant-death doom paradise lost US $29.99 Buy It Now 20h 32m
MY DYING BRIDE:Trinity:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $26.04 Buy It Now 21h 3m
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures NEW CD US $18.88 Buy It Now 23h 16m
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire (2013) US $10.96 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT NEW CD US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Voice Of The Wretched CD US $16.09 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta I & Ii CD US $26.69 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - The Angel & And The Dark River (NEW CD) US $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - VAULTED SHADOWS THE - CDVILEDH509 US $15.40 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE**ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
TIAMAT Clouds era logo patch anathema my dying bride dark tranquility dawn US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.23 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $11.06 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 1 day
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $11.05 Buy It Now 1 day
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 1 day
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 1 day
The Dreadful Hours by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride "A map of all our failures" CD US $1.55 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER US $1.55 [1 bids]
my dying bride limited edition cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE**EVINTA (LTD ED W/BOOKLET)**2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk 2 CD (2001) US $4.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema / The Silent Enigma JAPAN+1 My Dying Bride OOP!!! US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE - LIVE [LTD.DIGIBOOK] (CD/DVD, 2008) *Sealed* US $12.99 [0 bids]
Keen Of The Crow - Hyborea morgion evoken baroness neurosis my dying bride US $4.00 [0 bids]
thurisaz - circadian rhytm slipcase axamenta finntroll my dying bride evoken US $4.00 [0 bids]
A Forest of Stars Oranssi Pazuzu My Dying Bride The Water Witch Demoniacal US $14.99 [0 bids]
RARE PROMO Mayhem Records 2 CD SAMPLER My Dying Bride DIO Enuff Znuff + FIERCE US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride/THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD/New US $21.99 [0 bids]
The Angel and the Dark River by My Dying Bride *New CD* US $7.48 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette , Made In Poland US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAR DE GRISES Streams Inwards DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SHATTERED HOPE 2010 Absence CD Doom Death Saturnus Ataraxie My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE*ANGEL&DARK RIVER/FOR DARKEST EYES*CD/DVD US $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Shever - Rituals (LP Red) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Death, Slayer, US $26.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Dreadful Hour - My Dying Bride (2002, CD New) US $10.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Kerrang cd Rob zombie sepultura backyard babies orange goblin my dying bride US $3.14 [0 bids]
Golgotha: Melancholy FIRST REPULSE, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, US $16.99 [0 bids]
SILENTIUM "SI.VM E.T A.V.VM"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM MCD - Peaceville 1991 - US $46.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Shameful - descend A5 digi evoken my dying bride neurosis swallow the sun US $15.00 [0 bids]
Daylight Dies - no reply anathema my dying bride swallow the sun novembers doom US $4.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $31.28 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE For Lives I Sire Fabric POSTER FLAG Official NEW US $19.10 Buy It Now 2 days
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $24.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River / Darke NEW CD US $16.83 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World US $5.34 Buy It Now 2 days
FUNERAL (nor) tristesse LP phlegethon disembowelment my dying bride US $27.30 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe CD US $58.49 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures CD US $20.79 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $16.09 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $32.50 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY + 1 - CDVILED46 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK..CD+DVD - CDVILED260X US $19.14 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers LP 6 Track With Inner Sleeve EUROPEAN Peac US $33.85 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA (SPECIAL EDITION DIGIBOOK) - CDVILEF302X US $23.80 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - CDVILED74 US $13.55 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWERS WITHERS - CDVILED32 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS - CDVILED39 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOURS - CDVILED90 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED - CDVILED117 US $13.22 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of Our Failure 2x 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $32.85 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE AS THE FLOWER WITHERS CASSETTE TAPE new&sealed US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN CASSETTE TAPE new&sealed US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS + BLOODY EARTH EP CASSETTE TAPE new US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER 1rst PRESS 1995 CDVILE 50 US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS 1rst PRESS 1993 CDVILE 39 US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE AS THE FLOWER WITHERS 1rst PRESS 1992 CDVILE 32 US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT DIGI 1rst PRESS 2004 CDVILEF 110 US $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - CDVILED289 US $13.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Dark Tranquility - The Minds I [ LP, Century Media, IMPORT, NEW ] My Dying Bride US $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
REVELATIONS OF RAIN 2013 Deceptive Virtue CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Evinta - 2 DISC SET - My Dying Bride (2011, CD New) US $17.03 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Towards the Sinister is a demo cassette tape release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It´s the band´s first and only demo release. It was independently released on the 9th of March 1990. The band were at this point a four-piece consisting of Aaron Stainthorpe on vocals, Andrew Craighan on guitars and keyboards, Calvin Robertshaw on guitars and Rick Miah on drums.

The demo contains four tracks. As far as I remember The Grief of Age and Catching Feathers are exclusive to this release while re-recorded and re-worked versions of Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium and Vast Choirs would appear on later releases by the band. The former on the Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (1992) EP while the latter would appear on the debut full-length studio album by My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers (1992). The music on the demo is for the most part pretty different in sound from later doomy releases by the band. The tempo is mostly mid- paced and there are even some faster sections in some songs. The trademark slow doomy parts are there too of course. The vocals are deep growls. Aaron Stainthorpe´s tortured clean vocal delivery would only appear on later releases.

While the music on the album is actually pretty solid compared to other releases in the genre from the early nineties, the production drags this demo down. The sound is muddy and not even close to being professional. I´ll give a 2 star rating though as this demo showed great promise from a band that would fully live up to that promise on later releases.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259526) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The rush of winter, its piles of snow and dark desolate street views motivated me to listen some old heavy metal records, and I got immersed to some feelings from early My Dying Bride albums. Hence some impression reports for your amusement.

This demo tape from 1990 has some interesting moments and feelings, though it is evident that it does not reach musically similar heights as the forthcoming releases with better production quality. One of their greatest composition for me is already present here as a beta version; Possibly the longer time spent on developing "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium" has ensured the glory of later incarnations of this grim romantic epic. On this early version I liked the raw riff sequences and rustic minimal synths, though the later recordings achieve vaster amount of merits in my opinion. Especially the vocal arrangements appear here slightly clumsy.

"Vast Choirs" is also another highlight here for me - The effect of hollow glue sniffing intro evoking trashy fast guitar motives similar to early Carcass leads to a convincing slower riff passage with gloomy synthesizer enrichments. Structural approach to song composition philosophy isalso strongly present on this track, which succeeds fairly well in its dramaturgical curves, and also brings memories from the violent streets of youthhood powerfully back to my mind. The recording is also in my opinion here more working in its brutality than the forthcoming cleaner version on "As The Flower Withers".

The two other tracks are not so appealing, "The Grief of Age" being more straightforward death metal grinder with few slower licks in the end, and "Catching Feathers" balancing between full throttle smashing and whisper-accompanied guitar riff webs. The sounds of the recording are quite muddy, but pleasant ears open to old school lo-fi tones of early 1990's heavy metal sounds. In my opinion a good starting for succesful career with gothic romanticism, a journey which I personally felt ventured later to bit more duller and commercial straits.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872741) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 06, 2012

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Towards the Sinister"