TOWARDS THE SINISTER

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Towards the Sinister album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1990

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (8:33)
2. Vast Choirs (7:20)
3. The Grief of Age (4:00)
4. Catching Feathers (3:34)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister lyrics

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister tabs

- Aaron Stainthorpe / vocals
- Andrew Craighan / guitar, keyboards
- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar
- Rick Miah / drums

March 9, 1990
Independent Release

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister Music

Peaceville UK 2009
34.788% Complete34.788% Complete
Extra tracks · Remastered
Peaceville UK 2004
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2011) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $10.64 Buy It Now 53m 2s
MY DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD (1992) US $9.37 Buy It Now 55m 32s
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [CD New] US $10.78 Buy It Now 1h 37m
My Dying Bride - Evinta [CD New] US $16.13 Buy It Now 1h 38m
The Gathering "DISCLOSURE" NEW VINYL 12" anathema alcest ulver my dying bride US $29.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWER WITHERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 2h 53m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $16.66 Buy It Now 3h 6m
anathema serenades t shirt doom metal death paradise lost ulver my dying bride US $19.66 Buy It Now 3h 6m
my dying bride limited edition cd US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $13.57 Buy It Now 5h 22m
My Dying Bride Albion In Ruin new Official Textile Poster 75cm x 110cm US $16.96 Buy It Now 5h 22m
MY DYING BRIDE**EVINTA (LTD ED W/BOOKLET)**2CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 6h 16m
My Dying Bride For Lies I Sire new Official Textile Poster 75cm x 110cm US $16.96 Buy It Now 7h 52m
34.788%...Complete by My Dying Bride (CD, Jul-2003, Peaceville Records ) PROMO US $6.99 [0 bids]
34.788%...Complete [Bonus Track] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Jun-2004,... US $9.31 Buy It Now 8h 14m
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2013, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $11.35 Buy It Now 8h 14m
The Angel and the Dark River [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $7.80 Buy It Now 8h 48m
The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2004,... US $7.98 Buy It Now 8h 48m
Meisterwerk 2 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2004, Peaceville... US $7.67 Buy It Now 9h 12m
RARE PROMO Mayhem Records 2 CD SAMPLER My Dying Bride DIO Enuff Znuff + FIERCE US $7.00 Buy It Now 12h 29m
My Dying Bride Angel & The Dark River CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 2m
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
MAR DE GRISES Streams Inwards DIGIPAK MY DYING BRIDE US $20.00 Buy It Now 21h 18m
SHATTERED HOPE 2010 Absence CD Doom Death Saturnus Ataraxie My Dying Bride US $12.73 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PROPHECY Into The Light DIGI CD MY DYING BRIDE SOLSTICE PARADISE LOST US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE*ANGEL&DARK RIVER/FOR DARKEST EYES*CD/DVD US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Shever - Rituals (LP Red) My Dying Bride, Opeth, Death, Slayer, US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Draconian Times LP VINYL Rare First Press Anathema My Dying Bride US $59.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: Trinity SEALED CD Japanese release 1998 US $30.00 [0 bids]
SILENTIUM "SI.VM E.T A.V.VM"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM MCD - Peaceville 1991 - US $46.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN NEW VINYL US $44.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE For Lives I Sire Fabric POSTER FLAG Official NEW US $20.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Meisterwerk 1 [Digipak] [ECD] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $62.57 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light at the End of the World US $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
SACRATUS-...PARADISE FOR TWO-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-saturnus-anathema US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GATHERING Always 2LP EPICA, OPETH, AMORPHIS, MY DYING BRIDE, TIAMAT ANATHEMA US $29.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA ETERNITY LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE FIRST PRESS my dying bride opeth US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Manuscript (EP) - My Dying Bride - Sealed US $15.36 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE LIKE GODS OF THE SUN LP + INSERT 1996 PEACEVILLE anathema opeth US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Evinta: Deluxe CD US $59.28 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Voice Of The Wretched CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - An Ode To Woe CD US $19.88 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Map Of All Our Failures Vinyl Record LP US $37.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - TRINITY + 1 - CDVILED46 US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL AND THE DARK..CD+DVD - CDVILED260X US $20.73 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA (SPECIAL EDITION DIGIBOOK) - CDVILEF302X US $25.77 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - LIGHT AT THE END - CDVILED79 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - CDVILED74 US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - AS THE FLOWERS WITHERS - CDVILED32 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN - CDVILED65 US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS - CDVILED39 US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOURS - CDVILED90 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - VOICE OF THE WRETCHED - CDVILED117 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER - CDVILED50 US $14.84 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of Our Failure 2x 180gm Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $35.56 Buy It Now 1 day
MOURNERS LAMENT - Unbroken Solemnity CD 2008 Original Doom Rare My Dying Bride US $19.95 [0 bids]
IN LOVING MEMORY - Tragedy & Moon CD 2008 Orig Anathema My Dying Bride Tiamat US $7.77 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
DRACONIAN - RARE LIVE IN TEL AVIV FLYER 2009 ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Angel and the Dark River [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD,... US $10.01 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [Vinyl New] US $28.97 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dreadful Hours [Digipak] by My Dying Bride (CD, Apr-2004,... US $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Digipak) (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - CDVILED289 US $15.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS DIGIPACK CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LP MY DYING BRIDE - The Dreadful Hours US $61.00 [2 bids]
REVELATIONS OF RAIN 2013 Deceptive Virtue CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride US $13.64 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World - Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788%... - Cassette US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun - Cassette US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST: Faith Divides Us, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Sentenced, Insomnium US $6.66 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Vinyl US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride (CD, Aug-2003, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE**A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA -A Fine Day to Exit CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Opeth,My Dying Bride,Agalloch US $5.18 [2 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE -Light at the End of the World CD,Amorphis,Katatonia,Opeth,Tiamat US $3.77 [1 bids]
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY-RELIC DANCES NEW LP MY DYING BRIDE DOOM/DEATH US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788%...COMPLETE, GREEN vinyl LP, 700 COPIES! NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta (2010) - Used - Compact Disc US $10.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy-Navaz cd new Root My Dying bride folk doom metal US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - The Light At The End Of The World (CD 1999) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD ORG 1992 Vile Peaceville RARE Nimbus US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE**LIKE GODS OF THE SUN**CD US $10.34 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Towards the Sinister is a demo cassette tape release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It´s the band´s first and only demo release. It was independently released on the 9th of March 1990. The band were at this point a four-piece consisting of Aaron Stainthorpe on vocals, Andrew Craighan on guitars and keyboards, Calvin Robertshaw on guitars and Rick Miah on drums.

The demo contains four tracks. As far as I remember The Grief of Age and Catching Feathers are exclusive to this release while re-recorded and re-worked versions of Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium and Vast Choirs would appear on later releases by the band. The former on the Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (1992) EP while the latter would appear on the debut full-length studio album by My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers (1992). The music on the demo is for the most part pretty different in sound from later doomy releases by the band. The tempo is mostly mid- paced and there are even some faster sections in some songs. The trademark slow doomy parts are there too of course. The vocals are deep growls. Aaron Stainthorpe´s tortured clean vocal delivery would only appear on later releases.

While the music on the album is actually pretty solid compared to other releases in the genre from the early nineties, the production drags this demo down. The sound is muddy and not even close to being professional. I´ll give a 2 star rating though as this demo showed great promise from a band that would fully live up to that promise on later releases.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259526) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The rush of winter, its piles of snow and dark desolate street views motivated me to listen some old heavy metal records, and I got immersed to some feelings from early My Dying Bride albums. Hence some impression reports for your amusement.

This demo tape from 1990 has some interesting moments and feelings, though it is evident that it does not reach musically similar heights as the forthcoming releases with better production quality. One of their greatest composition for me is already present here as a beta version; Possibly the longer time spent on developing "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium" has ensured the glory of later incarnations of this grim romantic epic. On this early version I liked the raw riff sequences and rustic minimal synths, though the later recordings achieve vaster amount of merits in my opinion. Especially the vocal arrangements appear here slightly clumsy.

"Vast Choirs" is also another highlight here for me - The effect of hollow glue sniffing intro evoking trashy fast guitar motives similar to early Carcass leads to a convincing slower riff passage with gloomy synthesizer enrichments. Structural approach to song composition philosophy isalso strongly present on this track, which succeeds fairly well in its dramaturgical curves, and also brings memories from the violent streets of youthhood powerfully back to my mind. The recording is also in my opinion here more working in its brutality than the forthcoming cleaner version on "As The Flower Withers".

The two other tracks are not so appealing, "The Grief of Age" being more straightforward death metal grinder with few slower licks in the end, and "Catching Feathers" balancing between full throttle smashing and whisper-accompanied guitar riff webs. The sounds of the recording are quite muddy, but pleasant ears open to old school lo-fi tones of early 1990's heavy metal sounds. In my opinion a good starting for succesful career with gothic romanticism, a journey which I personally felt ventured later to bit more duller and commercial straits.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872741) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 06, 2012

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Towards the Sinister"