TOWARDS THE SINISTER

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

My Dying Bride Towards the Sinister album cover

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1990

1. Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (8:33)
2. Vast Choirs (7:20)
3. The Grief of Age (4:00)
4. Catching Feathers (3:34)

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister lyrics

Search MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister tabs

- Aaron Stainthorpe / vocals
- Andrew Craighan / guitar, keyboards
- Calvin Robertshaw / guitar
- Rick Miah / drums

March 9, 1990
Independent Release

Thanks to J-Man for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister Music

Peaceville 2003
Angel & The Dark RiverAngel & The Dark River
Remastered · Extra tracks
Peaceville UK 2003
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD ORG 1992 Vile Peaceville RARE Nimbus US $18.99 Buy It Now 54m 51s
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE**LIKE GODS OF THE SUN**CD US $10.34 Buy It Now 2h
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2h 55m
My Dying Bride - Evinta CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 2h 55m
ANATHEMA "Resonance" 2 CD SET (Death/Doom/Progressive Metal) MY DYING BRIDE US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.47 Buy It Now 6h 59m
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.65 Buy It Now 8h 5m
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER/DARKEST EYES [CD/DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.22 Buy It Now 11h 54m
NECARE-RUIN-CD-doom-death-anathema-my dying bride-mourning beloveth US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 38m
THERGOTHON Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Sothoth LP unholy demilich beherit my dying bride von US $45.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (CD 1996) US $13.41 Buy It Now 13h 52m
My Dying Bride - Angel & the Dark River (1996) CD US $13.41 Buy It Now 13h 55m
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF K) US $7.65 Buy It Now 13h 59m
DOMINION Interface RARE JAPAN CD OBI PCCY-01033 Nailed My Dying Bride US $9.99 [0 bids]
CRADLE OF FILTH Embroidered Logo PATCH MY DYING BRIDE AT THE GATES DIMMU BORGIR US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h
THE GARDNERZ Embroidered Logo PATCH My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers CD 2004 Bonus Track Super Jewel Box NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 18h 58m
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans CD 2003 Reissue Bonus Tracks CDVILED39 NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Shape of Despair cd new Thergothon Amorphis Daylight Dies My Dying Bride doom US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 27m
My Dying Bride: For Darkest Eyes (DVD) [USG] US $15.71 Buy It Now 19h 51m
My Dying Bride: Sinamarata (DVD) [USG] US $11.88 Buy It Now 20h 10m
My Dying Bride: Introducing 2 CD Set 2012 Best Of Greatest Hits Compilation NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 21h 47m
MARCHE FUNEBRE-TO DROWN-CD-dark-anathema-my dying bride-katatonia-doom-death US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE "Trinity" (1st press,VERY RARE!!!) Phlebotomized,Saturnus US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride-A line of deathless kings-CD BOX-2006-Peaceville-used US $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
KATATONIA FOR FUNERALS TO COME CD 1995 AV009 anathema my dying bride opeth US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Trinity - Polish Release US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES BEANIE SKI HAT US $20.38 Buy It Now 1 day
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PARADISE LOST Icon LIMITED DIGI 1993 Music For Nations My Dying Bride Anathema US $55.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma CD 1995 GLOBUS My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Gathering US $39.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR DARKEST EYES - *NEW DVD* *SEALED* US $7.57 Buy It Now 1 day
3 BOX SET FROM:MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST KATATONIA US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE ANGEL & DARK RIVER SPECIAL UKR. EDITION ODYSSEY DOOM METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE MY BODY A FUNERAL WOVEN PATCH US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
beseech - drama, type o negative moonspell darkseed tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
darkseed - spellcraft , type o negative moonspell tristania my dying bride fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA Serenades + Extra Tracks CD 1993 Peaceville/Futurist my dying bride US $5.00 [1 bids]
ANATHEMA Eternity CD Digipak doom metal goth katatonia my dying bride prog US $3.00 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA Judgement CD goth katatonia my dying bride prog rock pink floyd US $3.00 [0 bids]
My DYING BRIDE As The Flower Withers CD Peaceville (CDVILE 32) (5020157103220) US $10.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD 1993 Peaceville (CDVILE 39) 5020157103923 US $10.00 [0 bids]
And Here I Lie "Regrets" RARE/OOP Doom,Thorns of the Carrion,My Dying Bride US $28.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - NEW CD - RARE !!! SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KERRANG-PROMO CD-SEPULTURA+KORN MIXES-SYSTEM OF A DOWN-GARBAGE-MY DYING BRIDE+VA US $3.00 [0 bids]
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride-Meisterwerk 1 Digipak US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity CD 2004 doom collection Peaceville US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta 2CD 2011 digibook symphonic doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Map of All Our Failures CD 2012 doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE PATCH 2 US $5.08 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "The Angel & The Dark River" OOP Rare Tape (1995) Anathema Opeth US $0.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE logo white/black SWEATBAND official merchandise US $8.48 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE logo LANYARD official licensed merchandise US $8.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Songs of Darkness, Words of Light - My Dying Bride (CD Only) No Art Read Listing US $0.01 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $7.64 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LIKE GODS OF THE SUN - BONUS TRACKS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.87 Buy It Now 3 days
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-my dying bride US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WHEN NOTHING REMAINS Thy Dark Serenity BLACK #/400 My Dying Bride Uaral Amorphis US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - BONUS TRACK (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.87 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR LIES I SIRE NEW CD US $24.43 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADISE LOST - Shades of God 1992 Music for Nations anathema my dying bride US $3.00 [1 bids]
PARADISE LOST - Draconian Times 1995 Relativity anathema my dying bride morgion US $3.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride *GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD - ( 49 Songs ) US $4.95 [0 bids]
ANATHEMA T-SHIRT MY DYING BRIDE CATHEDRAL TIAMAT THERION KATATONIA ANTIMATTER US $27.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OPETH TANK TOP T-SHIRT ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE BLOODBATH KATATONIA TRISTANIA US $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride ( Girlie shirt ) Paradise Lost Tiamat Swallow the Sun Draconian US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE I Am The Bloody Earth RARE 1994 OOP UK CD Single Ex/Ex Vile44TCD US $27.18 Buy It Now 3 days
Tiamat SCREEN PRINTED BACK PATCH Lucyfire Paradise Lost Moonspell My Dying Bride US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANATHEMA GIRLIE SHIRT -MY DYING BRIDE SHAPE OF DESPAIR PARADISE LOST CANDLEMASS US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CATHEDRAL T-SHIRT MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA LAKE OF TEARS TIAMAT PARADISE LOST US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 3 Bonus Tracks CD (New) US $18.80 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA - CDVILEF324 US $13.35 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [CD New] US $12.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Like Gods of the Sun by MY DYING BRIDE (Original CD, Made in USA) US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [CD New] US $14.22 Buy It Now 3 days
The Angel and the Dark River by MY DYING BRIDE 1995 (Original CD, Made in USA) US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Light at the end of the World by MY DYING BRIDE 1999 ( CD, Made in England) US $4.99 [0 bids]
FIERCE RECORDINGS RARE PROMO CD-MY DYING BRIDE-PARADISE LOST-OVERDOSE-WITHSTAND+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
Trinity by MY DYING BRIDE 1995 (Original CD, Made in USA) US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Voice of the Wretched PROMO (CD, 2002) Peaceville metal doom US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Onirophagus - Defiler of hope (pro cdr) MY DYING BRIDE AUTOPSY KATATONIA ASPHYX US $5.99 [0 bids]
Turn Loose the Swans Bonus Tracks Digipak My Dying Bride CD DEATH DOOM METAL US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River cd sealed US $21.24 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ORGAN FANZINE ISSUE 148 JAN 2006 - NINA HAGEN - LIARS - MY DYING BRIDE US $15.28 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans Special Edition 2 CD Set 2013 Digibook NEW US $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 10" M LP Green Vinyl + CD My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans CD ORG PEACEVILLE/FIERCE US $4.99 [0 bids]
THE KNELL - Harm (CD 2007) Doom Death Metal Esoteric Draconian My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VERITATE-The rise of Hatröss LP/katatonia/paradise lost/my dying bride/voivod US $15.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE Towards the Sinister reviews

Review by UMUR
2 stars Towards the Sinister is a demo cassette tape release by UK experimental doom/ death metal act My Dying Bride. It´s the band´s first and only demo release. It was independently released on the 9th of March 1990. The band were at this point a four-piece consisting of Aaron Stainthorpe on vocals, Andrew Craighan on guitars and keyboards, Calvin Robertshaw on guitars and Rick Miah on drums.

The demo contains four tracks. As far as I remember The Grief of Age and Catching Feathers are exclusive to this release while re-recorded and re-worked versions of Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium and Vast Choirs would appear on later releases by the band. The former on the Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium (1992) EP while the latter would appear on the debut full-length studio album by My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers (1992). The music on the demo is for the most part pretty different in sound from later doomy releases by the band. The tempo is mostly mid- paced and there are even some faster sections in some songs. The trademark slow doomy parts are there too of course. The vocals are deep growls. Aaron Stainthorpe´s tortured clean vocal delivery would only appear on later releases.

While the music on the album is actually pretty solid compared to other releases in the genre from the early nineties, the production drags this demo down. The sound is muddy and not even close to being professional. I´ll give a 2 star rating though as this demo showed great promise from a band that would fully live up to that promise on later releases.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#259526) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars The rush of winter, its piles of snow and dark desolate street views motivated me to listen some old heavy metal records, and I got immersed to some feelings from early My Dying Bride albums. Hence some impression reports for your amusement.

This demo tape from 1990 has some interesting moments and feelings, though it is evident that it does not reach musically similar heights as the forthcoming releases with better production quality. One of their greatest composition for me is already present here as a beta version; Possibly the longer time spent on developing "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium" has ensured the glory of later incarnations of this grim romantic epic. On this early version I liked the raw riff sequences and rustic minimal synths, though the later recordings achieve vaster amount of merits in my opinion. Especially the vocal arrangements appear here slightly clumsy.

"Vast Choirs" is also another highlight here for me - The effect of hollow glue sniffing intro evoking trashy fast guitar motives similar to early Carcass leads to a convincing slower riff passage with gloomy synthesizer enrichments. Structural approach to song composition philosophy isalso strongly present on this track, which succeeds fairly well in its dramaturgical curves, and also brings memories from the violent streets of youthhood powerfully back to my mind. The recording is also in my opinion here more working in its brutality than the forthcoming cleaner version on "As The Flower Withers".

The two other tracks are not so appealing, "The Grief of Age" being more straightforward death metal grinder with few slower licks in the end, and "Catching Feathers" balancing between full throttle smashing and whisper-accompanied guitar riff webs. The sounds of the recording are quite muddy, but pleasant ears open to old school lo-fi tones of early 1990's heavy metal sounds. In my opinion a good starting for succesful career with gothic romanticism, a journey which I personally felt ventured later to bit more duller and commercial straits.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#872741) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 06, 2012

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "Towards the Sinister"