STAGE 1

- Ross Phillips / Vocals, Guitars
- A.J Grigson / Bass
- Andy Emerich / Drums
- Rocky Phillips / Guitars

EP released on the 1st of August 2009.
Music composed by Life Stage.
Lyrics writted by Ross Phillips.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition
and to UMUR for the last updates

LIFE STAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LIFE STAGE Stage 1 Music

ELVIS RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS GRACELAND ORANGE LABELS CPL1-0606 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
ELVIS RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS LP 1974 RCA CPL1-0606 WITH CD BACKUP USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Stage 1-How Do I Live You : Stage 1-How Do I Love You CD (1996) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Pure Prairie League LIVE! Takin' the Stage 1977 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Sinatra : Live on Stage 1 CD USD $5.42 Buy It Now 2 days
??? EASON CHAN MOVING ON STAGE 1 LIVE IN CONCERT 2008 HONG KONG 3 DVD USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
??? EASON CHAN MOVING ON STAGE 1 LIVE IN CONCERT 2008 HONG KONG 3 DVD SEALED USD $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI VOL 1/LUCIANO PAVAROTTI LIVE ON STAGE CDS USD $7.99 [0 bids]
(CD) The Best Of Mountain Stage Volume 1 Live - V/A / NRBQ / Richard Thompson USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
"The Best of Mountain Stage Live, Vol.1" (CD 1991, Blue PlateMusic) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OZZY OSBOURNE, Mr. Crowley [Live on Stage] UK 1st pressing EXCELLENT- PS 12 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Elvis Presley RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS RCA Victor AFL1-0606 Stereo USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STAGE BY GREAT WHITE 1995 1st Press BMG ZOO Volcano LIVE RECORDINGS USD $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Andy Stewart On Stage Live 1st Press Rare Mono Radio Station Copy Demo Epic ! USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Andy Stewart On Stage Live Very Rare Stereo 1st Pressing Original Epic ! USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
VERTICAL HORIZON LIVE STAGES RARE OOP 1ST 1996 PRESSING CD! PRE-MAJOR LABEL LIVE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
HK Eason Chan ??? Eason's Moving On Stage 1 Live 3CD set USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ELVIS PRESLEY, RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS, AFL1-0606 STEREO, 1974 RCA ,LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Mountain Stage Live, Vol. 1 by Various Artists (CD, May-1991, Blu... USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Elvis Presley LP Graceland Recorded Live on Stage AFL1-0606 Stereo RCA Victor USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1 CENT CD VA Ozzfest: Second Stage Live [PA] soulfly/taproot/neurosis USD $0.01 [0 bids]
ROLLING STONES - THE ANNIVERSARY: 30 YEARS LIVE ON STAGE (1 CD) USD $24.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Rory Gallagher - Stage Struck / Live in Europe - ORG 1st Press cd RARE Mint USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Elvis Presley Live on stage in Memphis 1st press Japan mini-LP CD BVCM-37100 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Hank Williams On Stage RECORDED LIVE 2345-023 2 X LP RECORD EX/VG L1 USD $20.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Elvis Collectors 3 CD Set - 1969: In Memphis / In Person - Live On Stage 1 & 2 USD $70.01 Buy It Now 6 days
THE MIRACLES On Stage LIVE 1963 TAMLA 241 1ST PRESS LP USD $59.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ELVIS PRESLEY - German LP /As Recorded Live On Stage in Memphis / CPL 1 0606 USD $10.39 Buy It Now 7 days
KOOL & THE GANG - LIVE ON STAGE [KOOL & THE GANG] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD USD $5.75 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW - Mountain Stage Live 1 by Mountain Stage USD $6.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Elvis Presley On Stage (Live Recording CD 1st class FREEPOST DISC IS NEAR MINT USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Graceland: Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis by Elvis LP Vinyl CPL1-0606 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Life on Stage - Compact Disc Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping USD $21.63 Buy It Now 8 days
Elvis recorded live on stage in memphis - CPL1-0606 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of Mountain Stage Live, Vol. 1 (CD, 1991, Blue Plate)NEW FACTORY SEALED USD $6.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE MIRACLES: Recorded Live On Stage LP MOTOWN RECORDS M5220V1 US IN SHRINK NM USD $20.25 Buy It Now 9 days
ELEFTHERIA ARVANITAKI**FACE TO FACE [LIVE AT STAGE]**2CD/1DVD SET USD $20.73 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW (Japan) DA PUMP - 1st Stage Expression Concert 98 - Live 2 VCD 1998 USD $20.99 Buy It Now 9 days
HEAD EAST - LIVE ON STAGE [HEAD EAST] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD USD $4.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Rush All the World's a Stage 1976 LIVE LP, 1st Masterdisk Press, ULTRASONIC CLND USD $12.50 Buy It Now 10 days
MOUNTAIN STAGE LIVE Vol 1 CD 1991 Dr John, Richard Thompson, Rick Danko, Loudon USD $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
HK EASON CHAN ??? MOVING ON STAGE 1 LIVE IN CONCERT HONG KONG 3 DVD Set USD $44.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Elvis - Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis LP RCA Stereo CPL1-0606 VG USD $13.50 Buy It Now 13 days
MIRACLES~'LIVE-on stage"1963 ORIGINAL 1st.Pressing T-241Ž*VG+VG+* ~ LP!!! USD $124.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Nazareth: Live from Classic T Stage DVD Region 1 USD $13.70 Buy It Now 13 days
The BEST OF MOUNTAIN STAGE LIVE VOLUME 1& Advert 11X4" USD $7.77 Buy It Now 13 days
Stage 1: How I Love You, Stage 1-How Do I Live You, Good Cast Recording USD $3.50 Buy It Now 14 days
DILATED PEOPLES live on stage 12" VG+ ABB 1039 1 Vinyl 2001 Record USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Elvis Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis Graceland Presley Record Album AFL1 RCA USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Stage 1-How Do I Live You : Stage 1-How Do I Love You CD (1996) USD $1.98 Buy It Now 15 days
Best Of Mountain Stage Live Vol 1 promo CD USD $6.22 Buy It Now 15 days
Best of Mountain Stage Live 1 (1991) : Dr. John, Dan Hicks & The Acoustic Warrio USD $2.72 Buy It Now 16 days
SANTANA VOL.1 hold on LIVE 1974-82 In London,NY,Canada and Orlando ON STAGE CD USD $23.99 Buy It Now 17 days
The Best of Mountain Stage Live, Vol. 1 (Cassette, May-1991, Blue Plate) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Pure Prairie League Takin The Stage Sealed 2 LP Live On 1 Cassette New - Sealed USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
the miracles recorded live on stage m5-220v1 vg+/m- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
80s Disco Stars Live on Stage, Vol. 1 by Various Artists (DVD, Jan-2009, ZYX... USD $14.94 Buy It Now 18 days
RUSH - "Exit...Stage Left" (Live) 2-LP 1981 1st US PROMO - No UPC USD $23.88 Buy It Now 18 days
NEW 80s Disco Stars Live On Stage 1 by DVD-STANDARD Book Free Shipping USD $24.70 Buy It Now 19 days
Elvis - Live On Stage In Memphis - AFL1-0606 - Mint / Near Mint - Factory Sealed USD $17.00 Buy It Now 19 days
1974 Elvis Presley LP----' Recorded Live On Stage in Memphis' RCA APL1 0606 USD $20.46 Buy It Now 21 days
Various Artists, Mountain Stage Live 1 Audio CD USD $6.28 Buy It Now 21 days
Old Friends Live on Stage (Deluxe Edition) (2 CD/1 DVD), Simon & Garfunkel, Good USD $62.30 Buy It Now 21 days
Live on Stage (CD, Oct-1990 (c1) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MOZART, WOLFGANG AMA - LIVE ON STAGE [MOZART, WOLFGANG AMADEUS] [CD] [1 - NEW CD USD $9.96 Buy It Now 21 days
Rock ELVIS PRESLEY Live On Stage Memphis NM CPL1-0606 EB410 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Celine Dion Full Colour Live on Stage 10x8 Photo #1 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 22 days
Ozzfest Second Stage LIVE cd DISC 1 ONLY no disc 2 USD $1.12 Buy It Now 23 days
Elvis Presley Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis-ORIG 1S LP-NEAR MINT In Shrink! USD $29.99 Buy It Now 23 days
The Hinsons "Live and on Stage" Double Album and the Hinsons's 1st live record! USD $47.94 Buy It Now 23 days
Elvis "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" 1974 RCA Records 33RPM LP CPL1-0606 USD $11.50 Buy It Now 23 days
Elvis Presley CPL1 0606 Recorded Live On Stage LP Black NM USD $19.35 Buy It Now 24 days
80's Disco Stars: Live on Stage 1 (2009, DVD New) USD $17.12 Buy It Now 24 days
80S DISCO STARS LIVE ON STAGE 1 / VARIOUS NEW DVD USD $22.41 Buy It Now 24 days
80's Disco Stars: Live on Stage 1 DVD Region 1, NTSC USD $14.93 Buy It Now 25 days
Various Artists : The Best of Mountain Stage Live, Vol. 1 CD (2004) USD $5.98 Buy It Now 26 days
ORIG Richie Havens - Live On Stage LP Vinyl 1st PRESS Bob Dylan The Beatles EXC USD $16.96 Buy It Now 26 days
RUSH-Different Stages Live JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI 3CDs Iron Maiden Scorpions USD $59.99 Buy It Now 26 days
I'm No Angel: Live on Stage DVD Region 1, NTSC USD $12.03 Buy It Now 26 days
80S Disco Stars Live On Stage 1 DVD USD $21.79 Buy It Now 26 days
ELVIS PRESLEY "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" 1974 RCA Victor CPL1-0606 NM- USD $15.95 Buy It Now 28 days
The Miracles LIVE ON STAGE Original TAMLA Mono 1st Press AWESOME! USD $129.95 Buy It Now 28 days
Elvis Presley Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis LP Black Late RI NM AFL1-0606 Bk USD $32.47 Buy It Now 29 days
MAOWAR - HELL ON STAGE LIVE 2CD Japan 1st Print w/OBI (VICP-60674/75) USD $20.23 Buy It Now 29 days
Live on Stage by Chuck Berry/rare new cd/live 1983/1 disc not 2 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Florida Georgia Line:life on Stage - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping USD $14.47 Buy It Now 30 days

More places to buy LIFE STAGE music online Buy LIFE STAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LIFE STAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LIFE STAGE Stage 1 ratings distribution

LIFE STAGE Stage 1 reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Stage 1" is the debut release by US, Austin, Texas based progressive metal act Life Stage. "Stage 1" is a 5 track, 32:31 minute long EP. The band is a four-piece act on this EP consisting of Ross Phillips on vocals and guitar, Rocky Phillips on Guitars, A.J Grigson on bass and Andy Emerich on drums. The band has since the recording of the EP replaced A.J Grigson with new bassist Chris Miller and Rocky Phillips has also left the band making Life Stage a trio.

The music on "Stage 1" is for the most part a really heavy progressive metal style with lots of edgy and quite groovy metal riffing. Iīm thinking Dream Theater meets Metallica with a slight nod towards Pantera. The band also sites Rush as a major influence and I would add Enchant to the influences as well. Mostly because of Ross Phillips vocal style and vocal lines which sometimes remind me of Ted Leonardīs ditto. With the name dropping out of the way I actually think Life Stage are good at mixing their influences into a sound of their own. They donīt particularly sound like anyone else and thatīs always a good sign on a debut release. The band seem very ambitious and the level of musicianship is excellent on the EP. Heavy edgy guitar riffing, quite technical drumming, great bass playing and generally great interplay between the musicians. This is a powerful yet sophisticated act with an emphasis on power. They nearly blew my socks off when the opening track "Full Proof" went into gear.

Life Stage fortunately have many different strings to play on and the 5 tracks on the EP cover a lot of ground while still sounding unmistakably like Life Stage. There are 4 tracks with vocals and 1 instrumental on the EP. I enjoy all tracks on the EP but the instrumental "Instrumorphasis", the opening track "Full Proof" and the 2nd track "Can I?" are probably my favorites. Reading the lyrics on the EP it becomes quite clear that Life Stage come from a Christian background and their vision and worldview are dealt with in the lyrics. Sometimes very directly like in "Can I?" and other times in a bit more subtle manner.

The production is really powerful. The guitar might be a bit too loud in the mix but it sounds great IMO. The vocal production is a bit flawed though and doesnīt sound completely professional to my ears. Overall the production is enjoyable though.

"Stage 1" is a great and quite promising first release by Life Stage. There are a few things I think the band should work on for future releases though. They have the most important things down and thatīs power and enthusiasm. The EP oozes both. The instrumental skills are excellent and the songwriting is intriguing for the most part. So my only complaint here is about the vocals and the vocal lines which are a bit sub par to the rest of the music. Weīre not talking anything really disturbing, but they do drag my rating down a bit and I hope Life Stage will focus on improving that part of their sound. So overall this is a very promising and solid debut effort with room for improvement and a 3 - 3.5 star rating is deserved. This could be a band to look out for in the coming years. Iīm intrigued.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#267298) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 21, 2010

4 stars LIFE STAGE are a new Prog-Metal band out of Austin, Texas. This is their debut EP, although at only 3 minutes shorter than RUSH's "Permanent Waves" it's not THAT short. The music is heavy and fairly dark with little in the way of solos. I thought of AMPLIFIER several times. I have to say that this recording is almost perfect instrumentally for my tastes.The vocals were a let down when I first heard them on the opening track but I don't mind them now. Funny but it's really only that first song where the vocals sound weak compared to the music.

"Full Proof" sure got me excited the first time I heard it as it opens with an IRON MAIDEN-like guitar line before that's blown away by the riffs. That guitar line is back before 2 minutes followed by riffs again and vocals this time. A change 4 1/2 minutes in. The guitar solos over the heaviness then the opening guitar line returns before 5 1/2 minutes only this time it doesn't leave when the riffs come smashing in. Nice. "Can I ?" has this heavy intro as vocals join in. It settles before 3 minutes then builds. Here we go !

"Instrumorphasis" opens with acoustic guitar melodies. It kicks in before 2 1/2 minutes. Great sound after 3 minutes then it settles again but not for long. A calm 5 minutes in. It blends into "Time Capsule" my favourite track on here.The mellow parts remind me of INCUBUS for some reason. It kicks in at 1 1/2 minutes then settles back as contrasts continue. Emotion before 5 1/2 minutes as it picks back up then the guitar solos. "New Life" turns heavy quickly. This tune is complex with slight tempo shifts. Vocals 2 minutes in. Just killer instrumental work here bringing ZERO HOUR to mind. So impressive. Nice bass 4 1/2 minutes in and check out the guitar before 6 minutes !

These last three tracks are mind blowers folks. Hell ya i'm a fan, and I look forward to their first LP.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#289441) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Stage 1 is, as one might surmise from the title, the first production by US act Life Stage. A fairly long effort as far as EPs go, clocking in at just over 30 minutes with tracks averaging at just over 6 minutes in length. Their chosen style is progressive metal, and of a variety that doesn't remind of acts like Dream Theater or Fates Warning - always a welcome surprise in this genre.

Dark, distorted guitar riffs with a grimy vibe is the dominant feature of this band, with words like gritty and dirty often coming to mind when listening to this CD. Life Stage opts for a merry mix of riff cascades and quirky thematic riff constructions for the heavy parts, and the guitar sound as well as the manner in which these passages are constructed reminded me of semi-legendary US act Possessed they way they came across on the Joe Satriani produced mini album "Eyes of Horror" as well as the debut effort of the somewhat more obscure 80's act Nasty Savage. When that is said, there's much more to Life Stage than what these 80's acts had to offer though.

Besides heavy and quirky, contrast is another aspect of this disc which stands out. Both between the clean lead vocals and the aforementioned guitars, but also due to the extensive use of lighter, undistorted guitars. Most often in themes and passages with wandering guitar textures wedged in between heavier passages or as the initial movement of the compositions.

Personally I found this band talented, but not yet fully developed. Generally speaking I think their compositions can become more concise, lots of really good ideas to be found but there are also passages that come across as overly long or slightly out of place.

Opening track Full Proof features a melodic theme with what I'd describe as eastern touches as a recurring theme. Which sounds great. And the alternate version of it that appears in the final passage of the track is arguably just as intriguing. Personally I would have loved hearing the latter version more extensively explored in the initial instrumental part of this track as well rather than to be saved for the final moments. In a similar vein, I thought the instrumental outro on Can I? to be just a tad too long, while the initial phase of Instrumorphasis might have served it's purpose as a standalone track on this disc just as well as it does as a precursor to the at times brilliant following 4 minutes of shifting expressions and quirky riff workouts.

Life Stage does save up the best for last on this EP. Final track New Life is a really intriguing effort, and the bombastic last third of this track represents this band at their best, smoothly developing the hypnotic bass and drum cascade appearing just after 4 minutes into a brilliantly evolving monster of a climax.

If you have an interest in progressive metal that ventures outside of the most well trodden tracks and you manage to appreciate a well talented act when you come across them, Life Stage is a band you'd most likely want to follow. Especially if you generally enjoy the darker side of the progressive metal universe and have a soft spot for subtle complexities and sophisticated quirkiness.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#290319) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post a review of LIFE STAGE "Stage 1"