THEMATA

Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Coté (5:50)
2. Themata (5:40)
3. Shutterspeed (3:46)
4. Fear of the Sky (5:16)
5. Roquefort (4:38)
6. L1FEL1KE (4:40)
7. Scarabs (2:10)
8. Sewn and Silent (4:12)
9. Mauseum (3:54)
10. Synops (4:53)
11. Omitted for Clarity (0:20)
12. Change (Part 1) (3:28)

Search KARNIVOOL Themata lyrics

Search KARNIVOOL Themata tabs

- Andrew 'Drew' Goddard / Lead Guitar
- Mark Hosking / Guitar
- Steve Judd / drums
- Ian Kenny / lead vocals
- Jon Stockman / bass guitar

Originally released February 7, 2005, but was released in the US on April 10, 2007 and in the UK on May 7, 2007.

Thanks to AgentSpork for the addition

KARNIVOOL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KARNIVOOL Themata Music

ThemataThemata
Imports 2005

More places to buy KARNIVOOL music online Buy KARNIVOOL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KARNIVOOL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KARNIVOOL Themata ratings distribution

KARNIVOOL Themata reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars Then the title track of this album, Themata, kept coming up on one of my Pandora stations, I enjoyed the song enough that I went looking for the album. When I received the album, I found that the exotic flavor of this song was not indicative of the whole, or even very much of the album. Only Synops has a similar feel, and it is nowhere near as good a song.

Most of this album is alternative metal, with wailing, slightly whiny vocals that make most alternative pretty much unlistenable to me. There are some proggy moments, mostly in the rhythms, and the guitarists on this album are both adequate. But despite the rhythmic interplay, the songs throughout the album just don't hold my interest.

2.5 stars

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#278075) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010

4 stars Karnivool's debut album occupies an important place on the Australian prog scene. In many ways they have become the premiere prog act in the country, and this album was where they made their first big splash. The album kicks off with "C.O.T.E.", which happens to be one of my favourite Karnivool ... (read more)

Report this review (#948869) | Posted by bonestorm | Wednesday, April 24, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars These guys have really made it at last, although this was achieved by their latest release "Sound Awake". I mean this one here is really a great album. Modern progressive rock music with a dominating alternative influence which expands to nu metal and famous bands of the current heavy sound. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#299464) | Posted by DeKay | Friday, September 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm slightly amazed they put this album on here... Of course coming from Australia I always thought it bordered on the proggish side, and thought it would be cool to see it on progarchives, but I marked out a little bit when I saw another review for this band on here. "Themata" is the debut alb ... (read more)

Report this review (#278083) | Posted by Sacrilege | Thursday, April 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Honestly I'm kind of surprised the band didn't make it big here in the US as soon as their first album was released. This is what I would consider an Alternative Metal masterpiece. No, not quite enough to top Angel Dust by Faith No More, but still damn good. I would not, however, consider this al ... (read more)

Report this review (#277057) | Posted by AgentSpork | Friday, April 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KARNIVOOL "Themata"