THE CROWN OF CREATION

Buy LUCIFER WAS Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Wonder (2:26)
2. Three Hammers (0:43)
3. Unformed And Void (3:34)
4. By A White Lace (3:57)
5. Beggar's Bowl (2:08)
6. Rising Sun (4:42)
7. Try Me (3:30)
8. The Crown Of Creation (4:21)
9. Moments (3:30)
10. Bethanian Theme (4:14)
11. Burning Beautiful Flowers (1:16)
12. Cabris Sans Cornes (4:22)
13. When The Phoenix Flies (3:20)
14. Into The Blue (3:25)
15. Three Hammers Plus (1:00)

Search LUCIFER WAS The Crown Of Creation lyrics

- Freddy Linquist / guitars
- Jan Stigmer / violin
- Michala Petri / flutes
- Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra

CD Transubstans Records TRANS050 (2010 SWE)

Thanks to windhawk for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

LUCIFER WAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LUCIFER WAS The Crown Of Creation Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Blues From HellahBlues From Hellah
Dies Grows by Lucifer Was [Music CD]Dies Grows by Lucifer Was [Music CD]
Transubstans Records
In Anadi's Bower, Now She Is RestingIn Anadi's Bower, Now She Is Resting
Record Heaven

More places to buy LUCIFER WAS music online Buy LUCIFER WAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LUCIFER WAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LUCIFER WAS The Crown Of Creation ratings distribution

LUCIFER WAS The Crown Of Creation reviews

Review by Windhawk
5 stars If you enjoy listening to rock operas, and appreciate albums blending the rich textures of the classical symphonic orchestra with the rougher edges of a rock band, then take heed. Because this fifth effort from Norwegian outfit Lucifer Was has your name written all over it.

Abandoning the more distinct blend of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple explored on their previous album, this time around Lucifer Was brings a symphonic orchestra with them in the studio. And not to add symphonic textures to their rock tunes. Indeed, this whole album comes across as written for the orchestra, with careful interplay from the rock band as additional textures to enhance the compositions.

Multilayered string textures is the dominant feature from start to finish, but on a select few occasions the guitars are given dominant spots as well. Those are few and far between though, and the band opts for a careful interplay most of the time. Drums and bass are the main constants from the rock part of this mix, at least as far as instrumentation goes, adding a dimension to the classical territories explored. At times stunning flute and violin soloing further enhance these efforts.

From the slow and mournful ballads featuring male and female lead vocals to raunchier instrumental efforts with more of an emphasis on drive and atmosphere, "The Crown of Creation" certainly lives up to the expectations one might get from a disc with this title. Lucifer Was have made a challenge for themselves in following up on this enchanting venture, and in a fair world this is a CD that deserves sales by the truckloads.

A highly accomplished and sophisticated creation, and one that should appeal to a wide audience. A very strong contender for album of the year as well, at least in my personal opinion.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#281984) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 14, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars What a crazy turn of events I discovered from their biography. It's like Ayreon's work has been put into Symphonic heaven (dual vocals - man/woman type of songs). Not that I hate Rock Operas, but maybe this is way too bit shifted to "opera" side, rather than being more "rock". Nevermind it, this album has a lot to offer for those who like this kind of music (I find it weird that "The Crown of Creation" is too symphonic for me, I never thought that something is able to be). Except strings, main leading instrument is whistle (or some kind of similar instrument), reminding good old Jethro (clean version of Tull's whistler).

4(-), little improved.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#290247) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review by TheGazzardian
4 stars I should preface this review with a warning that I am really biased towards this kind of music - that is, the operatic/symphonic/dramatic concept album - and I have been since before I got into progressive music. As such, when I read Windhawk's and Marty's review of this album, where they described it as such, I knew it was inevitable that I would hear this album, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The music included herein is really good and very strong. Although in the opening track, Wonder, you get the impression that this album is going to be carried mostly by the rock instruments, by the time that romantic Unformed and Void begins playing, there is no doubt in your mind that Lucifer Was have made great use of the Kristiansand Symphonic Orchestra.

Stylistically, Lucifer Was makes much more use of the orchestra than they do their own rock instruments on this album, and when the rock instruments do make an appearance, very rarely do they dominate the soundscape - I must say that this album, both due to the way it is mixed and the way it is composed, has perhaps the best integration of rock music into an orchestra I've heard (for sure it is not the other way around!). If anything, the string section is the dominant element of this music, which works great as far as I am concerned.

Be prepared to give this gem a few listens before it truly sinks in. I was a little disappointed on my first few listens but repeated listens have revealed depth and texture I missed at first. The music carefully and slowly builds up emotion with the orchestra (except in some of the more rocking sections, like Rising Sun and Into the Blue). The vocals are excellent and very dramatic as well, featuring both male and female singers, which is perfect for this type of music.

Overall, an excellent concept album, featuring great orchestration and drama.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#296984) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 01, 2010

3 stars I swear I reviewed this! the URIAH HEEP/BLACK SABBATH version of "Jesus Christ Superstar of the Opera." A very dramatic/operatic production with many patterns, riffs and sounds familiar from the ANDREW LLOYD-WEBER repertoire. This is one of those that is begging to have an opening night on Broad ... (read more)

Report this review (#418024) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, March 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LUCIFER WAS "The Crown Of Creation"