Carptree Nymf album cover

- Jejo Perkovic / drums
- Cia Backman / backing vocals
- Öivin Tronstad / backing vocals

ArtWork: Pĺl Olofsson

CD Fosfor Creation ‎- CWNF5 (2010, Europe)

LP Ritual Echo Records ‎- RELP004 (2012, Europe)

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

CARPTREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARPTREE Nymf Music

Fosfor Creation

More places to buy CARPTREE music online Buy CARPTREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARPTREE Nymf ratings distribution

CARPTREE Nymf reviews

Review by BrufordFreak
COLLABORATOR Jazz-Rock / Fusion / Canterbury Team
3 stars While I really enjoy the music of CARPTREE upon first listen--it never fails to entertain, has good melodies and very lush sound production--I eventually lose interest; it becomes nice background music but nothing I want to fully attend to or engage with. The music of Nymf is, however, IMHO the best I've heard from them. "Land of Plenty" has me sinking back into the best of 80s MARILLION. "The Weight of Knowledge" could have been a good PINK FLOYD outtake from the 80s or 90s. The albums weakest moments are, for me, in "Between Extremes, Prelude" (a derivative of the album's first song) and "Sunrays" which have me feeling really stuck in the 80s--as if I'm listening to PSYCHEDELIC FURS or PETER SCHILLING. The opener, "Kicking and Collecting," suffers from the syndrome of many CARPTREE songs: What initially feels like tension and drama in each song, over a whole album- -and over time--begins to feel like melodrama. Again, nice production and keyboard work.
Review by Windhawk
4 stars The Swedish combo CARPTREE was formed by Niclas Flinck and Carl Westholm back in 1997, and released their self-titled debut album four years later. 4 more productions have followed, of which "Nymf" from 2010 is the most recent.

The slightly bleak symphonic art rock universe explored on "Nymf" might be something of an acquired taste, but those who have enjoyed the previous efforts by this band as well as those who have a soft spot for Westholm's metal-based endeavor Jupiter Society should feel right at home with this CD. As far as further recommendations go, I'd imagine that many who enjoy acts like Porcupine Tree might appreciate this one, and those who tend to be captivated by the gentler and sophisticated varieties of progressive metal might be an additional possible audience.

Review by Warthur
3 stars On Nymf, Carptree's dark, almost gothic take on Floydian neo-prog comes to a polished fruition, sounding extremely modern and building on the musical traditions represented in it rather than slavishly imitating them. Within the neo-prog sphere, the band definitely tend towards the current Marillion format of prizing evocative, atmospheric soundscapes over technical complexity, and they soundscapes they choose to explore are evocative if generally familiar. At turns morbid, melancholy, reflective and resigned, the band seems to follow a vague sort of concept, but whether or not you can follow it is another matter - still, if you can't get enough of this sort of thing, that probably won't matter to you. That said, the vocals this time around are a little overplayed, to an extent where it ends up overpowering the music.

4 stars He finally sings! Let me announce, that the 5th album from this neo Swedish duo, is by far their best. As they say themself in a PA interview (and I'm still willing for a link between artist pages to interviews), this album is another step in their maturation. I definitely agree. The songs ar ... (read more)

Report this review (#635382) | Posted by ShW1 | Saturday, February 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I recieved one promo copy.I am sure I ll get one original. !!!!What an intense album is this ˇˇˇˇ Caprtee is a kind of dark,emotive .neo prog...very dramatic.. Sometimes i feel i am hearing a Devill Doll album,sometimes Marillion (today's era)..sometimes Pendragon......some heavy neo-pro ... (read more)

Report this review (#301355) | Posted by robbob | Friday, October 1, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Brand new fifth album from the neo-prog duo of Niclas Flinck and Carl Westholm. Carptree have made a very good impression to prog fans over the years and earned respect, especially after "Man Made Machine" in 2005. According to the band's website, this is a sequel to "Insekt". "Nymf" is in the ... (read more)

Report this review (#301328) | Posted by DeKay | Friday, October 1, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARPTREE "Nymf"