SKYLGE'S LAIR

Leap Day Skylge's Lair album cover

Buy LEAP DAY Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. The Messenger (7:33)
2. Road To Yourself (7:10)
3. Home At Last (8:22)
4. Humble Origin (1:39)
5. Walls (9:11)
6. The Willow Tree (4:23)
7. Skylge's Lair (6:20)
8. Time Passing By (7:25)

Search LEAP DAY Skylge's Lair lyrics

Search LEAP DAY Skylge's Lair tabs

- Gert van Engelenburg / keyboards, backing vocals
- Jos Harteveld / lead vocals, guitar
- Eddie Mulder / guitars, backing vocals
- Koen Roozen / drums
- Peter Stel / bass
- Derk Evert Waalkens / keyboards, backing vocals

Thanks to akagert for the addition
and to Snow Dog for the last updates

LEAP DAY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEAP DAY Skylge's Lair Music

Awaking The MuseAwaking The Muse
Oskar
From The Days Of Deucalion / Chapter 1From The Days Of Deucalion / Chapter 1
Skylge's LairSkylge's Lair
Oskar

More places to buy LEAP DAY music online Buy LEAP DAY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEAP DAY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEAP DAY Skylge's Lair ratings distribution

LEAP DAY Skylge's Lair reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars LEAP DAY, from Holland, was formed in 2008, consisting of veterans from the Dutch Neo-progressive scene. They were signed to Polish label Oskar in 2009, and their debut album "Awakening the Muse" was given a generally favorable reception. "Skylge's Lair" was released in the spring of 2011 and is their second full-length production.

If I should sum up this disc in one brief sentence, it would be that it is as smooth as silk and as soft and elegant as that fabric is too. The melodies are pleasant, and those fond of dampened harmonies will get their fill and then some. Personally I tend to enjoy material with a bit more contrast and nerve, but I can easily see this disc as one that will find its way onto many a list of the most beautiful CDs of 2011, in particular amongst fans of neo-progressive rock.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#542434) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 05, 2011

4 stars Recently I discovered this band from Holland. Their latest effort (From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1) made a big impression on me so I decided to dig into their back catalogue. Skylge's Lair is another beautiful album! The first thing that I really like are once again the gorgeous melodies ... (read more)

Report this review (#1136905) | Posted by GuntherW | Tuesday, February 25, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Every now and then a little gem presents itself. I'd never heard of Leap Day before, and then there was this airplay on Morow radio and I was pleasantly surprised and curious right away. So I bought the album immediately and I must say the cd has rarely left my player ever since. Skylge's Lai ... (read more)

Report this review (#584550) | Posted by axolotl | Thursday, December 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I entirely agree with the words of the member Lukretio (review #476442), the second albun from the Dutch band LEAP DAY, entitled "SKYLGE'S LAIR", in spite of the quality showed by the musicians from the band, and some moments of beautiful melodies, demonstrates a lack of creativity and auda ... (read more)

Report this review (#544113) | Posted by maryes | Thursday, October 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a bad effort, but somewhat lacking originality and diversity. The 8 songs on Skylge's Lair, the second album by Dutch band Leap Day, have all a definitely melodic neoprog flavour, with a predilection for accessibility and melodiousness over complexity and technicalities. Featuring two ke ... (read more)

Report this review (#476442) | Posted by lukretio | Tuesday, July 05, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars A great leap forward! 18 Months ago Leap Day surprised me with their debut album 'Awaking The Muse'. The beautiful melodies and their exceptional way of song writing grabbed my attention right away and it has never let go since. Now they've come up with 'Skylge's Lair', their second studio a ... (read more)

Report this review (#415602) | Posted by yarno | Monday, March 14, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars As I continue to listen and assimilate the songs on this new Leap Day CD, I find myself wondering if I still hear the bit of Supertramp influence in the songs that were on "Awaking the Muse". It seems it's still there, but a lot more subtle. For one thing, the songs on this new CD are not q ... (read more)

Report this review (#415261) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, March 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Well it has passed a short time since first LD album. I nice work. Good melodies,instrumental arrangements, sound quality. I find here very strong influences from ANCIENT VISION specially in the vocals melodies and vocals expressions. Other influences i feel here are Pendragon and of cou ... (read more)

Report this review (#412797) | Posted by robbob | Tuesday, March 08, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LEAP DAY "Skylge's Lair"