WE CAN FLY - SINGLE (RADIO EDIT)

Yes We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. We Can Fly (Radio Edit) (4:15)

Search YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) lyrics

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums

Released: June 13, 2011
Label: Frontiers Records

Thanks to MattGuitat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) Music

Rhino/Elektra 2003
DramaDrama
Extra tracks · Remastered
Elektra / Wea 2004
The Chi-Lites 45 Have You Seen Her / Yes I'm Ready 1971 Soul R&B M- US $5.00 Buy It Now 34m 27s
YES - 24 Carat Gold LP Disc - RELAYER US $215.76 Buy It Now 40m 29s
Yes - Heaven & Earth [CD 2014] Prog Rock Brand New and Sealed US $4.78 [0 bids]
40m 50s
Trevor Rabin (Import from Japan) Yes (Excellent Condition) US $15.00 [0 bids]
58m 28s
Yes FRAGILE 1972 LP Record VG+ Atlantic SD 19132 Psyche Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge MINT CD Sep-1993, Island) US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Gary Glitter - Oh Yes! You're Beautiful 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Yes: And You And I (Part 1) Atlantic 45 Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - The Yes Album (Atlantic) Early Pressing JAPAN CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 1h 19m
SMOKEY ROBINSON Yes It's You Lady~WHITE LABEL PROMO~MOTOWN US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 25m
7"-Single JON ANDERSON - Surrender (1982) MINT- PS YES US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Jon Anderson - City of Angels CD Lead singer from Yes US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Tormato 1976 Atlantic Rec Vinyl Album US $12.97 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Lois Kahn sings Songs of Gus Kahn Donald Kahn Yes' Sir That's My Baby Jubilee US $36.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES CLASSIC YES ORIGINAL LP Includes 7-Inch Record US $175.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
DON WELLER - COMMIT NO NUISANCE W/ THE SPRING 4TET EX NM (YES TO JAZZ) LP US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 39m
~ YES -THE ULTIMATE 35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION ~ 2 CD's US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
GRAPEFRUIT Elevator / Yes 45 Equinox 70005 baroque PSYCH popsike SUNSHINE POP US $6.00 [0 bids]
Mika Nakashima - Yes [CD New] US $18.94 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Yes - Beyond & And Before - The Bbc Re (NEW 2CD) US $12.85 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Yes - Big Generator, Play Tested Audio Cassette US $1.99 [0 bids]
Brothers of Love 45 rpm Sweetie Pie - Yes I am Blue Rock B-4057 Garage Soul US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
YES ~ "RE-EVOLUTION" ~ RARE COLOR PRESSING BOOT MISS LABELED ~ RELAYER TOUR 1974 US $120.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
45RPM Vinyl Woman To Woman - Yes Sir Brothers - Shirley Brown 021913JDE US $11.24 Buy It Now 1h 50m
YES Heaven & Earth CD '2014 New & Sealed' US $23.15 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Melissa Etheridge-Yes I Am-CD-Beautiful Sound For The True Fan!!! US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
JON ANDERSON YES JAPAN OBI OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW M- NM CLE US $129.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Yes WE Can Voices of a Grassroots Movement CD Buy One - Get One Free US $6.75 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Jill Whitney Coral 61541 My Heart Says Yes US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
YES YESSONGS JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD BR NEW US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Yes Japan Mini LP HDCD Big Generator Promo CD Mint Condition Like New US $38.97 Buy It Now 1h 54m
YES ~ "RE-EVOLUTION" ~ LIVE RECORDING BOOT ~ RELAYER TOUR 1974 US $68.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Lot of 4 RAY CHARLES:Modern Country V1/Soul Feelin/Crying Time/Yes Indeed VG/EX US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
YES ~ IN THE ROUND ~ LIVE BOOT RECORDING ~ SECOND PRESSING ~ LONDON US $82.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
45 Rare R&B Sonny Sheets on Kalko 2015 Yes, I Love You US $20.00 [0 bids]
Pop Novelty 45 LOU BROWNIE Yes, We Have No Bananas on Wing US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
The Ladder, Yes, Very Good US $26.42 Buy It Now 2h 19m
YES TORMATO ORIGINAL VINYL LP Promo Stamp STRAWBERRY MATRIX IS NEAR MINT US $26.95 [0 bids]
Yes Japan Classic Yes CD HDCD Mini LP AMCY-6326 Mint Condition US $51.97 Buy It Now 2h 24m
KODOMO BAND: Yes! We Are (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
ARGO doo wop soul 45 THE SENSATIONS - Let Me In + Oh Yes I'll Be True US $3.00 [1 bids]
ATLANTIC doo wop R&B 45 THE CLOVERS - Crawlin' + Yes It's You US $3.00 [0 bids]
JEWELS: Oh Yes I Know / A Fool In Paradise 45 rare Vocal Groups US $175.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
KLYMAXX - I'd Still Say Yes / Ask Me No Questions - 45 RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
YES - LP - GOING FOR THE ONE - SHRINK GATE FOLD COLUMBIA HOUSE PRESSING SD 19106 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Various - Yes New York US $7.87 Buy It Now 2h 45m
YES-SWEETNESS-ATLANTIC-***NICE COPY*** US $24.90 [4 bids]
ZZ Top Jeff Beck Yes Emerson Lake & Palmer Vinyl LP Lot of 6 Rock Records VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES ~ WORLD TOUR 1977 WORLD TOUR ~ LIVE BOOT ~ LONG BEACH ~ IN SHRINK US $72.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
MORPHINE - Yes (CD 1995) US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 55m
CLASSIC YES - 7" 33 1/3 RECORD ON ATLANTIC RECORDS 1981 DATE US $9.99 [0 bids]
TOM ROBINSON WAR BABY / HELL YES 7" VINYL SINGLE US $2.89 Buy It Now 2h 57m
33 RPM RECORD/10) TOMMY DORSEY / YES INDEED ! US $9.99 [0 bids]
3h
Yes - Time and a Word LP - Atlantic K40085 A3/B3 - PLUS ORIGINAL SONG SHEET US $10.00 [0 bids]
YES, WONDEROUS STORIES / PARALLELS. ORIGINAL 1977 PROG ROCK SINGLE US $1.64 [1 bids]
Yes Live at Montreux 2003 Japan CD Mini LP Sep-2007 Eagle Records US $38.97 Buy It Now 3h 16m
YES ~ "THE AFFIRMERY" ~ RELAYER TOUR LIVE BOOT RECORDING ~ 1974 US $74.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.75 [0 bids]
DINAH SHORE ~ DINAH YES INDEED~ CAPITOL T1247 US $12.79 Buy It Now 3h 41m
YES ~ FILE UDER YES~ LIVE BOOT RECORDING ~ LONDON ~ 1978 ~ 1974 ~ PICTURE DISC US $68.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/vg+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/m- w/inners w/booklet US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Webb Pierce Yes I Know Why/Cause I Love You 45 RPM 7" Decca Records Soul US $3.85 [0 bids]
The Pointer Sisters Blue Thumb 45 Record #229 VG+ Jada / Yes We Can Can US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Yes - Fly From Here-Deluxe Edition (Cd/Dvd) Genesis Asia Pink Floyd Dream Theate US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
SEALED 1982 YES GIORGIO Film Soundtrack LP PAVAROTTI US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Yes Magnification 2001 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $23.22 Buy It Now 3h 59m
YES - RELAYER - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $16.98 Buy It Now 3h 59m
ABWH ~ ANDERSON BRUFORD WAKEMAN HOWE ~ YES ~ LIVE RECORDING ~ CALIFORNIA ~ 1989 US $92.00 Buy It Now 4h
Yes - Fragile [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 2m
PET SHOP BOYS YES CD MEGA MIX PROMO ONLY USA Astralwerks Records US $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Toltec by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD, Jan-1996 Windham) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Morphine Yes 1995 CD Alternative Rock Music Album Brand New US $16.58 Buy It Now 4h 8m
"Heaven & Earth" YES new CD * Genesis * Rick Wakeman * Prog Rock * Pink Floyd US $5.99 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON - SONG OF SEVEN RARE CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / YES /THE BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE CASSETTE MINT COND /// YES / ELP / BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
ASIA - ASIA CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
Uh Yes Uh No by Andy Warhol CD, Nov-1996, Sooj Records SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record USA PROMO LP Black & White Label Yes Related US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Yes- Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Our Song 7" 45 RPM, ATCO, 1983 US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
An Evening of Yes Music Plus * by Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (CD,... US $15.95 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Completely Yes cd Sandra Crouch/Douglas Miller/Donald Malloy/Walter Hawkins NICE US $15.30 Buy It Now 4h 40m
NOS KLYMAXX .... I'D STILL SAY YES US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 41m
All Star Tribute To STEVE MILLER BAND - Fly Like an Eagle CD ( yes asia xtc ash) US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
VINYL LP Yes - Tormato Atlantic SD 19202 STRAWBERRY SEAN DAVIS US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
NOS KLYMAXX ....... I'D STILL SAY YES US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Heaven & Earth [7/22] * by Yes (CD, Jul-2014, Frontiers Records (UK)) US $12.01 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Yes Yes Yes - Peter Gallway New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.75 Buy It Now 4h 53m
OH YES WE CAN LOVE: HISTORY OF GLAM ROCK / VARIOUS NEW CD US $98.57 Buy It Now 4h 55m
YES 90125 us original vinyl record "owner of a lonely heart" MINT SEALED US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
JETS Yes tinight Joesphine 7" Vinyl 45 Orig Classic 80's Rockabilly Pop Ex US $2.07 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Dinah Shore - Dinah, Yes Indeed! lp ST 1247 US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD 1993 Island) Rock 'n Roll, Oldies. *LIKE NEW* US $0.99 [0 bids]
Say Yes to Your Best * by Ben Dixon (CD, Jun-2002, American Classical Jazz) US $12.98 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Pat Boone - Yes Indeed! Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
1 CENT CD VA Yes We Can: Voices Of A Grass Roots Movement SEALED dave stewart US $0.01 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Every Step's A Yes - The Bees SEALED US $0.01 [1 bids]
YES big generator ROCK new cassette tape US $5.88 Buy It Now 5h 15m
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) ratings distribution

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I wasn't actually planning on doing another Yes review any time soon but this certainly changed after I heard the new single titled We Can Fly on Spotify!

Unlike most Progressive Rock fans, I only consider myself to be a minor fan of Yes. It's true that the band had a few great albums back in the '70s, Fragile and Relayer happen to be my personal favorites, but the 80's and 90's didn't exactly strengthened their position as one of the leading forces of the Progressive Rock community. I realize that the hardcore Yes fans will completely disagree with that statement, but I'm really not writing this review for them, seeing that they will still most likely pick up Fly From Here once it is released; this review is made for everyone who has given up on the mighty Yes!

This four minute single begins like nothing we've heard from Yes since their 1980 release Drama. This comparison is very appropriate considering that Geoff Downes is once again featured in the lineup and his distinct atmospheric keyboard arrangements really bring me back to the slow building intro of Into The Lens. It's also interesting that Steve Howe uses the exact same slide guitar and finger picking arrangements here as he did back on Drama!

I was originally very skeptical to hear the chorus section of We Can Fly, since this is a single and singles always have to feature a prominent (and often cheesy) chorus section. Well, I can safely say that this chorus is far from the awful sounding Don't Go off Magnification. Benoit David's voice is very appealing to my ears and I definitely think that he adds an excellent new layer of sound into the overall mix of this composition. The song does end a bit abruptly, which actually made me even more excited since I suddenly remembered that We Can Fly is suppose to be a part of the longer We Can Fly-suite on the actual full length release and so there are probably many more wonderful moments to be uncovered.

Allow me to conclude by stating that anyone who doesn't want to hear this single based on the fact that it doesn't feature Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman will be missing out on some great material. Let's be honest here, the band hasn't exactly done anything new or innovating those last few times when Jon and Rick were on board. This even includes Going For The One and Tormato since those releases clearly only slowed the progress that Yes showed on Relayer! I seriously think that Drama was good for the band even though some fans will continue to complain about that record. If you like listening to classic Yes then please do so but don't come here complaining about the new lineup. A new perspective has historically always pushed this band forward, even if some instances were for the worse.

It's safe to say that I'm now really looking forward to the upcoming studio album. The direction that Yes depicts on this single is easily their best since the early '80s; we're talking about 30 years history here!

**** star songs: We Can Fly (4:15)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#461371) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars A single, or rather teaser for the imminent release of the new 2011 Yes album! Olé!

Well, new... Let's not get carried away. This song is 30 years old and that's exactly how it sounds, like a stale 30 year old cheese, complete with an Anderson clone on the mike and the plastic kitsch treat that I've heard on most of the post-77 Yes where I dared to go. Given the intimidating amount of good new music these days this is a complete waste of time for me.

It may be the album will be better, as a large part of it will be taken by the full 30 minute suite version of this 'We Can Fly' song, but honestly, given the poor quality of the 4 minutes edit, the 30 minutes version is more likely to be a failure rather then an improvement. We'll see, I'm digressing from the music I need to review here, but as an excuse I'll offer that it's not easy to stay focused on writing a review on a 4 minute single that didn't get released when it was originally written and that had better stayed under the rock where it was hidden.

Ok, I'm having a bit of fun here, and the 1 star can be partially explained by the fact that you only get one song here. It's a 2 star song so had there been 3 songs on this single I might have given 2 stars, you would at least get some value then.

Fans of Yes's Drama album and of their more AOR/pop oriented material may dig this, and might look forward to the album, but I've always been very lukewarm about 'Drama', and this song spells 'Disaster'. Enough said. Where's that 'Yes Album'!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#462160) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team
3 stars A flying return

It's pretty incredible that such a classic band such as Yes, dormant for 10 years, can return without sounding absolutely dead. We Can Fly, the band's first single and first album in ten years after 2001's Magnification, seems to be a nice fusion between the band's proggier era of the 70s and their poppier era of the 80s and 90s, with some fantastic parts on both the pop and prog spectrum. It has a terribly overpowering AOR atmosphere, very reminiscent of the Styx (who they just happen to be touring with this summer 2011), yet still has a more appealing ambiance to it, care of Geoff Downes keyboard work. It's actually quite funny that Downes reappears in the Yes lineup for this particular release, because this very song is actually an unreleased track from the Drama sessions, Downes' most famous album with the band.

Although the song may have an obvious Drama-esque overtone, it still has a great, fresh new look on the stale 80s Yes that many prog fans had to suffer through. It may not be the most inventive or incredible stuff, but this is still Yes, and luckily some of the unexplored ideas of the 4 minute song should be expanded upon on the album (this track is ~20 minutes on the album), so I look forward to the album with an equal amount of hesitation. The song depicts a slightly revived Yes, but still has me worried they'll try to dip into pop too much. Benoit David's vocal output is very fitting to the music, with his experience in the neo-prog band Mystery really adding a nice lush symphonic feel to the music, which is more akin to that type of vocal style than Anderson's more nasally approach, which fits beautifully pretty much only with the band's classic material. Overall, though, the song is good, and is a nice listen for a fan who hasn't heard new Yes in 10 years. 3 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#462412) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 stars Well, this is just a small snippet from the new Yes album, so my review will be short. As usual, the musicianship from the bandmembers. The singing of course, is not Jon Anderson, it is David Benoit who has a more Trevor Horn tone than Jon's. The song is very much in the style of Drama-time Yes ... (read more)

Report this review (#606836) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this shows that the single sound of the new Yes album is more directed to the '80s albums, especially "Drama". And that's bad? I think not, since I love the 80's band. "We can fly" is a track composed by that decade Buggles (Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes, whose return to the band further ... (read more)

Report this review (#466344) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why 4 stars, it's utterly overratted! The song is poppish and sounds like the 80's! It looks a bit like Eye in the Sky or singles like that wich have a little bit of prog but are still majorily pop. Really sounds like the Buggles. I aggree that Benoit's voice is great and that the band is made of re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462080) | Posted by The_Jester | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This track sounds like an excellent apethiser for the new Yes album to come. Chriss Squire's bass is as great as ever, Benoit David sings more like Trevor Horn than like Jon Anderson which is a good thing as this song was written at the time of the Drama album. It seems that the band has tried to re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462027) | Posted by Gus82 | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just discovered that Yes had released this. (Apparently only 3 hours ago). When I saw it, I HAD to listen to it and it surprisingly has a good sound. Benoit definitely has the high sound voice of Anderson, but with a more modern sound. Its got a softer section, and a more driving section. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#460831) | Posted by MattGuitat | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit)"