WE CAN FLY - SINGLE (RADIO EDIT)

Yes We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. We Can Fly (Radio Edit) (4:15)

Search YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) lyrics

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums

Released: June 13, 2011
Label: Frontiers Records

Thanks to MattGuitat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Rhino/Elektra 2003
Going for the OneGoing for the One
Atlantic 2003
YES WHAT! 1 - 6 Classic OZ Radio Show CDs like new US $54.90 Buy It Now 32m 45s
SHIRLEY BROWN - YES SIR BROTHER / WOMAN TO WOMAN..U.S TRUTH US $9.73 Buy It Now 33m 55s
THE DATE WITH SOUL: Yes Sir, That's My Baby / Bee Side Soul RARE 45 NM NORTHERN US $49.99 Buy It Now 34m 41s
Close to the Edge by Yes US $4.24 Buy It Now 35m 48s
Exodus The Most Beautiful Day- Polish symph prog CD 1980 Eloy Yes Genesis US $7.50 Buy It Now 42m 37s
sonic & trip - yes please - Japan CD J-POP - 8Tracks US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h
Do Me Bad Things : YES! CD (2001) US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
YES Going For The One 1977 1st U.K. pressing LP in Triple Fold-Out Sleeve! US $10.56 Buy It Now 1h 14m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / YES AND YOU AND I / 7INCH 45RPM US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
YES The Yes Album LP EX UK 1971 Atlantic Records Gatefold Sleeve US $19.47 Buy It Now 1h 48m
YES Classic 1981 JP LP + "7" EP & song sheet US $26.12 Buy It Now 1h 57m
DJ RAGS yes yes y'all CD 3 track b/w represent and ol dirty loop (hard20cd) euro US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 58m
CHRISTIE ALLEN Magic Rhythm / Only Yes Will Do 1979 OZ 45 US $8.68 Buy It Now 2h
BECK GUERO CD ALTERNATIVE ROCK NINTH ALBUM E-PRO HELL YES GIRL MISSING BRAND NEW US $19.14 Buy It Now 2h 2m
YES BIG GENERATOR PRODUCT NEW ALBUM RABIN HORN .1987 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.48 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Yes - Relayer CD JDC US $13.70 Buy It Now 2h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN(YES)AUGUST 200? TOUR POSTER MINT US $5.19 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Yes - and Friends new and sealed 2CD US $4.86 Buy It Now 2h 55m
SMOKEY ROBINSON YES IT'S YOU LADY 1982 MOTOWN US $3.25 [0 bids]
YES - Lift Me Up / Give & Take 1991 USA Arista Records 7" Single & Label Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE - LP RECORD 33 RPM - 1972 US $16.23 [0 bids]
BUFFSEEDS casino CD 3 track digipack b/w yes i started the instore fight and eve US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 40m
YES - UK CONCERT LIVE TOUR FLYER 2014 - SQUIRE - HOWE - DOWNES - DAVISON US $1.61 [0 bids]
The Yes Album (Exp & Rem) Jon Anderson Steve Howe Bill Bruford Tony Kaye US $9.40 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD / THE SENSATIONS / LET ME IN & OH YES, I'LL BE TRUE / ARGO / 5405 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
YES 90125 INSERT RARE ISRAEL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Yes! ~ Jason Mraz US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
YES DRAMA (1980 VINYL LP IN A GATEFOLD SLEEVE+INSERT) US $16.23 Buy It Now 4h 24m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE 1972 ATLANTIC K 50012 EX US $8.04 [0 bids]
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS DOUBLE ALBUM 1973 ATLANTIC K80001 EX US $6.42 [0 bids]
Yes - Close To The Edge music cd US $3.23 [0 bids]
YES THE YES ALBUM 1971 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen 20P2 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
The Beatles Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is Vinyl 45 on Capitol Records US $75.00 [0 bids]
BONNIE OWENS 'How Can Our Cheatin' Be Wrong' / Yes I Love You Only Promo 45 nice US $2.82 [0 bids]
5h
CD "YES I AM MELISSA" MELISSA ETHERIDGE / Come to My Window / +++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lavatory - Yes It Hurts CD 1996 Tug Records US $29.00 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Yes Tormato LP US $8.12 Buy It Now 5h 5m
LP - Yes Big Generator vinyl record album 1987 US $4.86 Buy It Now 5h 9m
LP - Yes Fragile vinyl record gatefold album + booklet 1971 Atlantic rare US $64.95 Buy It Now 5h 9m
LP - Yes Tormato vinyl record album 1978 Atlantic US $8.10 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Yes Going for the One 1977 Original Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $17.16 Buy It Now 5h 13m
ELUVEITIE:Yes We Can:T-shirt:NEW:Pick from 4 sizes US $26.16 Buy It Now 5h 14m
FRESH & ONLYS, The - Yes Or No - 7" US $8.51 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Yes, Please by Fourplay (CD, Aug-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson - Animation - Great NM LP - Yes man US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Jon Anderson - 3 Ships - Beautiful NM LP - Yes man US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Yes - Close to The Edge, Going for The One, Drama ,Yes Shows - 4 LP Record Set US $19.95 [0 bids]
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE LP ORIGINAL 1972 FRENCH PRESSING IN TEXTURED SLEEVE US $19.47 Buy It Now 5h 41m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THOMPSON TWINS - YES - ARTIST 486 US $11.35 Buy It Now 5h 44m
THE CHI LITES-HAVE YOU SEEN HER-YES IM READY US $0.16 [1 bids]
JON ANDERSON (YES) 'IN THE CITY OF ANGELS' US IMPORT LP 'PROMOTION ONLY' COPY US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 56m
YES - DON'T KILL THE WHALE - NEW ZEALAND PRESSING 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1978 US $11.24 Buy It Now 5h 56m
YES 'GOING FOR THE ONE' UK LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES '90125' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'YESTERDAYS' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' UK LP 1st PRESSING A1/B1 ORANGE/PLUM LABEL US $64.95 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'SHOWS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'DRAMA' UK LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'CLASSIC YES' US IMPORT LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'TORMATO' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' US IMPORT LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES '9012 LIVE THE SOLOS' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $11.35 Buy It Now 6h 6m
KLYMAXX 45rpm w/pic slv...I'D STILL SAY YES...MCA...VG++/VG++...'87 US $4.75 Buy It Now 6h 7m
RAY CHARLES YES INDEED NM- MONO LP DG vinyl 8025 US $48.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Richie Davis - Still Say Yes ORIG JA 7" JAMMYS EX US $4.87 Buy It Now 6h 10m
YES DRAMA PLAY GRADE EXC!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
YES THE YES ALBUM PLAY GRADE EXC! US $14.95 Buy It Now 6h 17m
YES "YES SHOWS" PLAY GRADE NM!! TOP COPY!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Beenie Man - Oh Yes No Guess ORIG JA 7" Shocking Vibes EX DANCEHALL US $4.86 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Yes - Yessongs (NEW CD) US $10.95 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Yes - Tormato (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $8.43 Buy It Now 6h 21m
YES)STEVE HOWE Japan 1975 LP BEGINNING US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
YELLOWCARD - WHEN YOU'RE THROUGH THINKING, SAY YES - NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 6h 33m
rare YES rock band lot set SORCERER'S APPRENTICE vinyl lp record + LEAVE IT 12" US $19.99 [0 bids]
CD Clearance - final markdown. Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge US $0.99 [0 bids]
Pet Shop Boys - Yes (NEW CD) US $14.20 Buy It Now 6h 38m
YES The Studio Albums 1969-1987 2013 12x CD Box Set NEW & SEALED US $63.26 Buy It Now 6h 43m
YES:Every Little Thing 5:24-Sweetness 3:49-U.S.7" 1970 Atlantic Recs. 45-2709 DJ US $34.98 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Various Artists,CD,Top Hits of 80s,INXS,A-Ha,Devo,Yes,Ambrosia,Escape Club,Todd US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER LP~TRILOGY~1972 USA 1ST PRESS~COTILLION SD9903 PROG YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake and Palmer s/t Cotillion ORIGINAL '71 US PRESSING PROG YES US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY RAY - YES TONIGHT JOSEPHINE NEW CD US $246.06 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Lot of 4 70's CDs Yes Fragile The Eagles James Taylor Cat Stevens Tea Tillerman US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Yes I Will - Gilberto Sextet SALSA Ultra Rare CD Barrio US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Yes - Tormato (1994) US $4.86 [0 bids]
YES-CLOSE TO THE EDGE-12" LP ALBUM-ATLANTIC 1972-K 50012 US $5.67 [0 bids]
CROSSPULSE/CROSSPULS - I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU (YES I DO!) - NEW CD US $10.21 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Atlantic cd The Very Best Of Yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Yes - Symphonic Live (NEW CD) US $12.57 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Yes - Nakashima,Miki New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $31.16 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Yes, Please by Happy Mondays (CD, Sep-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARVELETTES "HE'S A GOOD GUY (YES HE IS)" CLASSIC EARLY MOTOWN LISTEN! US $12.98 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Vintage 10" Vocalion Aeolian Co. shellac pressing-Yes, We Have No Bananas. US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
YES - Big Generator (reissue) - gatefold heavyweight vinyl LP US $48.06 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch (2007) - CD - VG US $6.48 [0 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE-YES I AM USED CD US $1.79 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Drama-Atlantic-K 50736-UK-VG/VG US $13.19 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold 2nd State)Yes-Atlantic-K 40034-UK-Ex+/Ex+ US $40.59 Buy It Now 7h 47m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) ratings distribution

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I wasn't actually planning on doing another Yes review any time soon but this certainly changed after I heard the new single titled We Can Fly on Spotify!

Unlike most Progressive Rock fans, I only consider myself to be a minor fan of Yes. It's true that the band had a few great albums back in the '70s, Fragile and Relayer happen to be my personal favorites, but the 80's and 90's didn't exactly strengthened their position as one of the leading forces of the Progressive Rock community. I realize that the hardcore Yes fans will completely disagree with that statement, but I'm really not writing this review for them, seeing that they will still most likely pick up Fly From Here once it is released; this review is made for everyone who has given up on the mighty Yes!

This four minute single begins like nothing we've heard from Yes since their 1980 release Drama. This comparison is very appropriate considering that Geoff Downes is once again featured in the lineup and his distinct atmospheric keyboard arrangements really bring me back to the slow building intro of Into The Lens. It's also interesting that Steve Howe uses the exact same slide guitar and finger picking arrangements here as he did back on Drama!

I was originally very skeptical to hear the chorus section of We Can Fly, since this is a single and singles always have to feature a prominent (and often cheesy) chorus section. Well, I can safely say that this chorus is far from the awful sounding Don't Go off Magnification. Benoit David's voice is very appealing to my ears and I definitely think that he adds an excellent new layer of sound into the overall mix of this composition. The song does end a bit abruptly, which actually made me even more excited since I suddenly remembered that We Can Fly is suppose to be a part of the longer We Can Fly-suite on the actual full length release and so there are probably many more wonderful moments to be uncovered.

Allow me to conclude by stating that anyone who doesn't want to hear this single based on the fact that it doesn't feature Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman will be missing out on some great material. Let's be honest here, the band hasn't exactly done anything new or innovating those last few times when Jon and Rick were on board. This even includes Going For The One and Tormato since those releases clearly only slowed the progress that Yes showed on Relayer! I seriously think that Drama was good for the band even though some fans will continue to complain about that record. If you like listening to classic Yes then please do so but don't come here complaining about the new lineup. A new perspective has historically always pushed this band forward, even if some instances were for the worse.

It's safe to say that I'm now really looking forward to the upcoming studio album. The direction that Yes depicts on this single is easily their best since the early '80s; we're talking about 30 years history here!

**** star songs: We Can Fly (4:15)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#461371) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars A single, or rather teaser for the imminent release of the new 2011 Yes album! Olé!

Well, new... Let's not get carried away. This song is 30 years old and that's exactly how it sounds, like a stale 30 year old cheese, complete with an Anderson clone on the mike and the plastic kitsch treat that I've heard on most of the post-77 Yes where I dared to go. Given the intimidating amount of good new music these days this is a complete waste of time for me.

It may be the album will be better, as a large part of it will be taken by the full 30 minute suite version of this 'We Can Fly' song, but honestly, given the poor quality of the 4 minutes edit, the 30 minutes version is more likely to be a failure rather then an improvement. We'll see, I'm digressing from the music I need to review here, but as an excuse I'll offer that it's not easy to stay focused on writing a review on a 4 minute single that didn't get released when it was originally written and that had better stayed under the rock where it was hidden.

Ok, I'm having a bit of fun here, and the 1 star can be partially explained by the fact that you only get one song here. It's a 2 star song so had there been 3 songs on this single I might have given 2 stars, you would at least get some value then.

Fans of Yes's Drama album and of their more AOR/pop oriented material may dig this, and might look forward to the album, but I've always been very lukewarm about 'Drama', and this song spells 'Disaster'. Enough said. Where's that 'Yes Album'!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#462160) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars A flying return

It's pretty incredible that such a classic band such as Yes, dormant for 10 years, can return without sounding absolutely dead. We Can Fly, the band's first single and first album in ten years after 2001's Magnification, seems to be a nice fusion between the band's proggier era of the 70s and their poppier era of the 80s and 90s, with some fantastic parts on both the pop and prog spectrum. It has a terribly overpowering AOR atmosphere, very reminiscent of the Styx (who they just happen to be touring with this summer 2011), yet still has a more appealing ambiance to it, care of Geoff Downes keyboard work. It's actually quite funny that Downes reappears in the Yes lineup for this particular release, because this very song is actually an unreleased track from the Drama sessions, Downes' most famous album with the band.

Although the song may have an obvious Drama-esque overtone, it still has a great, fresh new look on the stale 80s Yes that many prog fans had to suffer through. It may not be the most inventive or incredible stuff, but this is still Yes, and luckily some of the unexplored ideas of the 4 minute song should be expanded upon on the album (this track is ~20 minutes on the album), so I look forward to the album with an equal amount of hesitation. The song depicts a slightly revived Yes, but still has me worried they'll try to dip into pop too much. Benoit David's vocal output is very fitting to the music, with his experience in the neo-prog band Mystery really adding a nice lush symphonic feel to the music, which is more akin to that type of vocal style than Anderson's more nasally approach, which fits beautifully pretty much only with the band's classic material. Overall, though, the song is good, and is a nice listen for a fan who hasn't heard new Yes in 10 years. 3 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#462412) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 stars Well, this is just a small snippet from the new Yes album, so my review will be short. As usual, the musicianship from the bandmembers. The singing of course, is not Jon Anderson, it is David Benoit who has a more Trevor Horn tone than Jon's. The song is very much in the style of Drama-time Yes ... (read more)

Report this review (#606836) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this shows that the single sound of the new Yes album is more directed to the '80s albums, especially "Drama". And that's bad? I think not, since I love the 80's band. "We can fly" is a track composed by that decade Buggles (Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes, whose return to the band further ... (read more)

Report this review (#466344) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why 4 stars, it's utterly overratted! The song is poppish and sounds like the 80's! It looks a bit like Eye in the Sky or singles like that wich have a little bit of prog but are still majorily pop. Really sounds like the Buggles. I aggree that Benoit's voice is great and that the band is made of re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462080) | Posted by The_Jester | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This track sounds like an excellent apethiser for the new Yes album to come. Chriss Squire's bass is as great as ever, Benoit David sings more like Trevor Horn than like Jon Anderson which is a good thing as this song was written at the time of the Drama album. It seems that the band has tried to re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462027) | Posted by Gus82 | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just discovered that Yes had released this. (Apparently only 3 hours ago). When I saw it, I HAD to listen to it and it surprisingly has a good sound. Benoit definitely has the high sound voice of Anderson, but with a more modern sound. Its got a softer section, and a more driving section. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#460831) | Posted by MattGuitat | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit)"