WE CAN FLY - SINGLE (RADIO EDIT)

Yes We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. We Can Fly (Radio Edit) (4:15)

Search YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) lyrics

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums

Released: June 13, 2011
Label: Frontiers Records

Thanks to MattGuitat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
9012590125
Elektra / Wea 2004
Teratism - Service For The Damned CD Yes, the wait is finally over! US $5.99 [0 bids]
34m 2s
Cousin Tuny: Mortgaged Plymouth / Yes-sir-ee-bob-o-link-o [New US $5.97 Buy It Now 34m 20s
YES 90125 (Cassette) US $5.99 Buy It Now 35m 17s
Yes poster. Anderson. Wakeman. Roger Dean . Genesis. Pink floyd US $8.31 [0 bids]
42m 12s
YES - THE AFFIRMERY Scarce CONCERT LP TAKRL 1981 US $54.99 Buy It Now 44m 5s
Yes Going For One Vinyl LP + Inner Sleeve - EX US $8.29 Buy It Now 44m 27s
THE INDEPENDENTS - I LOVE YOU YES I DO / LEAVING ME - 1972 SOUL MINT- US $3.50 [0 bids]
46m
Asia "Live In Moscow 1990" Sealed (Yes Wetton Downes) US $4.90 Buy It Now 47m 37s
Silver Columns "Yes and Dance" 2010 Sealed US $7.06 Buy It Now 47m 37s
HIXVILLE: WE'LL HAVE A TIME, YES-SIREE - NEW CD US $9.75 Buy It Now 50m 51s
Junior Yes If You Want Me (PS) 7" Vinyl Single US $9.55 Buy It Now 51m 22s
Pat Boone Yes Indeed! Condition (LP/Sleeve): VG+/VG US $7.25 Buy It Now 51m 49s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $6.19 Buy It Now 53m 19s
4 Yes LP's US $10.00 [0 bids]
53m 24s
Yes 90125 Record 90125-1 Atco Atlantic ~ US $7.95 Buy It Now 54m 9s
Yes poster. Anderson wakeman Roger Dean vintage genesis pink gloyd US $8.31 [1 bids]
55m 44s
*RARE FUNK:Toussaint* ~Pointer Sisters~ Yes We Can Can on BLUE THUMB 1973 ~HEAR~ US $9.99 [0 bids]
57m
*SOUL PROMO* ~Barbara Mason~ ::Yes, It's You:: on NATIONAL GENERAL 1971 ~HEAR~ US $9.99 [0 bids]
57m 9s
THE HUNCHES yes no shut it LP W/ PROMO POSTER Clone Defects Ty Segall The Spits US $29.99 Buy It Now 57m 31s
Yes - "Yesterdays" (1974) Atlantic Records SD 18103 Used LP Record Album US $7.99 Buy It Now 59m 49s
331/3 YES TORMATO RECORD US $4.99 [0 bids]
1h
Yes - 90125 Vinyl LP - ATCO 90125 - Masterdisk "RL" - EX US $4.95 [0 bids]
MERSEYBEATS: I Love You, Yes I Do / See Me Back (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
1982 - Treacherous Three - Yes We Can-Can - SUGARHILL RECORDS ORIGINAL PRESSING US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Yes!/Smile (early Queen)/John Dummer/Quatermass Marquee Club December 1969 Flyer US $365.52 Buy It Now 1h 8m
yes tales from topographic dreams double record album US $49.99 [0 bids]
Rockabilly; Bill Sherrell; Kool Kat / Yes, No or Maybe on TYME rare '75 reissue US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
TRINI LOPEZ Yes You Do Won't You Be King Rockabilly R&B Rocker NM 45 HEAR US $5.99 [1 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
YES The Yes Album LP 1971 UK 1st Press!!!!! STEREO RED PLUM ATLANTIC 2400101 US $18.86 [9 bids]
YES - YESSHOWS - BONUS TRACKS (EXPANDED) NEW CD US $29.24 Buy It Now 1h 21m
YES - RELEASE RELEASE // DONT KILL THE WHALE -1978 ORIGINAL MINT- US $4.00 [0 bids]
YES - CLASSIC YES - ATLANTIC SD 19320 US $6.99 [0 bids]
UNITED FRUIT CO. Yes, We Have No Bananas York Psych NM 45 HEAR US $5.99 [0 bids]
LP YES - YES (ATLANTIC K40034) 1972 ISSUE ON KINNEY (pre WEA) labels-gatefold US $8.31 [0 bids]
Hollywood Flames Yes They Do/Gee 45 RPM Chess Records VG- US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Say Yes to Love by Perfect Pussy (CD, Mar-2014, Captured Tracks) US $0.99 [0 bids]
ROSANNE CASH 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD ** I WONDER ** OH YES I CAN ** US $1.99 [0 bids]
Dinah Shore-Dinah, Yes Indeed!-Capitol 1247-NELSON RIDDLE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Yes - Yes Songs 3lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
LP YES - THE YES ALBUM (ATLANTIC K40106) Uk slightly later issue, PRE WEA US $8.31 [0 bids]
Yes/ABWH - 19 Mini LP 21 HD CD Japan + 3 BOXES 1st PRESS VERY RARE OOP COMPLETE! US $900.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Yes Going for the One 8 Track Tape TESTED US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
YES-The Yes Album VINYL LP UK ORIGINAL 1st PRESSING PLUM LABEL TOP COPY US $39.03 [0 bids]
*RARE* Majority Rule - Jimmy Riley / The Revolutionaries - Label Yes Near Mint US $215.97 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Dinah Shore-Dinah, Yes Indeed!-Capitol 1247-NELSON RIDDLE STEREO US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Vintage 1983 LP "Yes 90125" Atlantic Records Excellent Condition US $6.95 [0 bids]
ANDERSON BRUFORD WAKEMAN HOWE Self Titled 1989 West Germany Oop CD Yes Asia 80s US $17.49 Buy It Now 1h 45m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE CD STILL FACTORY SEALED! US $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Unknown Artist Yes He Lives CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
NOS GO GO'S.....YES OR NO US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Yes God Is Real - Sinclair,Christine New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
The Ultimate Yes by Yes (CD, Jan-2004, 3 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes: Lift Me Up (3 tracks Promo Single CD) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (Cassette, Sep-1993, Island) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD - MELISSA ETHERIDGE - YES I AM 1993 ISLAND ROCK US $0.99 [0 bids]
2h
the yes record album US $9.99 [0 bids]
2h
Yes Rock Music Vintage Badge Going For The One 1977 Free U.K. P&P US $22.43 [10 bids]
DAVID CROSBY OH YES I CAN Germany US $38.39 Buy It Now 2h 7m
GEOFFREY DOWNES. THE LIGHT PROGRAM. YES. ASIA. BUGGLES. BRAND NEW CD US $6.21 Buy It Now 2h 7m
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE [YES] [075678266621] - NEW CD US $6.16 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Yes - Fragile - Japan Mini LP SHM CD WPCR-13515 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans (2003) US $8.29 [1 bids]
GEOFFREY DOWNES. VOX HUMANA. YES. ASIA. BUGGLES. BRAND NEW CD US $6.21 Buy It Now 2h 10m
yes lp 9012 live-the solos w/inner 90474-1-y vg+/m- US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia... (Parental Advisory, 2006) CD NEW AND SEALED US $16.60 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Rats Of Unusual Size Yes I Can New CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
7"-Single ASIA - Heat Of The Moment (1982) HOLLAND PS / YES ELP KING CRIMSON US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
7"-Single ASIA - Don't Cry / Daylight (1983) HOLLAND PS / YES ELP KING CRIMSON US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
7"-Single ASIA - Don't Cry (1983) HOLLAND PS / YES ELP KING CRIMSON US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 16m
CD Mollys Yes "Paper Judas" alternative rock 1999 SCARCE US $0.99 [0 bids]
yes lp 90125 w/inner atco 90125 vg+/m- US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Yes - Big Generator (1987) CD FIRST ISSUE ACTO RECS NEAR MINT US $8.29 Buy It Now 2h 17m
SON HO YOUNG (GOD) - 1st Album (Yes) CD *SEALED* *RARE* US $13.49 Buy It Now 2h 17m
ELDER LEON SWANSON~YES YES I LOVE YOU LORD~LP~1990~GOSPEL CHRISTIAN MUSIC~VG+ US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
GTR s/t JAPAN MINI LP CD YES GENESIS Steve Hackett Howe SEALED US $32.99 [0 bids]
YES - FRAGILE + Bonus Track Gatefold Sleeve + Outer slipcase (CD 2003) NEW US $11.03 Buy It Now 2h 26m
CLASSIC YES CASSETTE TAPE US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES GOING FOR THE ONE VYNL LP US $1.64 [0 bids]
Yes ?- Tormato ORIG '78 UK ATLANTIC LP + INNER ~ EXC! US $13.29 [0 bids]
THE BEATLES TICKET TO RIDE YES IT IS PARLOPHONE R 5265 LENNON MCCARTNEY SINGLE US $7.33 [4 bids]
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) US $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 29m
BBC YES MINISTER VOLUME 1 TWO ORIGINAL BBC 4 EPISODES ON ONE CD NEW / SEALED US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 30m
STEVE HURLEY - SAS - ED HUNTER - FIRST YOU SAY YES! 12" INCH SINGLE VINYL GARAGE US $8.29 [0 bids]
YES: Don't Kill The Whale / Abilene 45 (Spain, textured cover PS) Rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
YES-"RHYTHM OF LOVE" 3 MIXES-1987 U.S. ISSUE PROMOTIONAL 12" EP-NEAR MINT VINYL US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes - The Very Best of Yes FREE SHIPPING OFFER US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Yes - 90125 (OUT OF PRINT, 100% Japanese Mini LP w/OBI) Hi Definition SHM-CD US $69.95 Buy It Now 2h 36m
YES 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' 1983 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $6.63 [0 bids]
supernatural fairy tales limited edition cd sampler can yes moody blues argent US $42.49 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Jon Anderson-Song Of Seven-Atlantic 16021-Yes Related-Custom Inner-Art Rock LP!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ, COEXISTENCE /MOODY BLUES, YES/ LP 1976 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX-/EX- US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h 40m
TREVOR RABIN, WOLF /YES SOLO/ LP 1981 UK EX/EX-, CHRYSALIS CHR 1293 US $8.29 Buy It Now 2h 40m
TREVOR RABIN, FACE TO FACE /YES SOLO/ LP 1979 BENELUX EX-/EX CHRYSALIS 51.1221 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 40m
YES, GOING FOR THE ONE, LP 1977 UK EX/VG+, TRIFOLD/SL INNER/SL K 50379 US $6.63 Buy It Now 2h 40m
CHOSEN FEW - I can make your dreams come true / Yes it won't be long - 7" Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
CD lot of 8 Rock Music (Black Crowes, Genesis, Guess Who, Blue Oyster Cult, Yes) US $12.99 [0 bids]
30 classic rock 8 tracks- Elvis, Motown, Moody Blues, Yes, Elton John and more! US $14.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN (OF YES) white rock 28 333 XOT german a&m LP PS EX/VG US $14.94 Buy It Now 2h 51m
YES the yes album SD 8283 usa atlantic 1971 gatefold sleeve LP PS EX/EX US $20.72 Buy It Now 2h 51m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) ratings distribution

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I wasn't actually planning on doing another Yes review any time soon but this certainly changed after I heard the new single titled We Can Fly on Spotify!

Unlike most Progressive Rock fans, I only consider myself to be a minor fan of Yes. It's true that the band had a few great albums back in the '70s, Fragile and Relayer happen to be my personal favorites, but the 80's and 90's didn't exactly strengthened their position as one of the leading forces of the Progressive Rock community. I realize that the hardcore Yes fans will completely disagree with that statement, but I'm really not writing this review for them, seeing that they will still most likely pick up Fly From Here once it is released; this review is made for everyone who has given up on the mighty Yes!

This four minute single begins like nothing we've heard from Yes since their 1980 release Drama. This comparison is very appropriate considering that Geoff Downes is once again featured in the lineup and his distinct atmospheric keyboard arrangements really bring me back to the slow building intro of Into The Lens. It's also interesting that Steve Howe uses the exact same slide guitar and finger picking arrangements here as he did back on Drama!

I was originally very skeptical to hear the chorus section of We Can Fly, since this is a single and singles always have to feature a prominent (and often cheesy) chorus section. Well, I can safely say that this chorus is far from the awful sounding Don't Go off Magnification. Benoit David's voice is very appealing to my ears and I definitely think that he adds an excellent new layer of sound into the overall mix of this composition. The song does end a bit abruptly, which actually made me even more excited since I suddenly remembered that We Can Fly is suppose to be a part of the longer We Can Fly-suite on the actual full length release and so there are probably many more wonderful moments to be uncovered.

Allow me to conclude by stating that anyone who doesn't want to hear this single based on the fact that it doesn't feature Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman will be missing out on some great material. Let's be honest here, the band hasn't exactly done anything new or innovating those last few times when Jon and Rick were on board. This even includes Going For The One and Tormato since those releases clearly only slowed the progress that Yes showed on Relayer! I seriously think that Drama was good for the band even though some fans will continue to complain about that record. If you like listening to classic Yes then please do so but don't come here complaining about the new lineup. A new perspective has historically always pushed this band forward, even if some instances were for the worse.

It's safe to say that I'm now really looking forward to the upcoming studio album. The direction that Yes depicts on this single is easily their best since the early '80s; we're talking about 30 years history here!

**** star songs: We Can Fly (4:15)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#461371) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars A single, or rather teaser for the imminent release of the new 2011 Yes album! Olé!

Well, new... Let's not get carried away. This song is 30 years old and that's exactly how it sounds, like a stale 30 year old cheese, complete with an Anderson clone on the mike and the plastic kitsch treat that I've heard on most of the post-77 Yes where I dared to go. Given the intimidating amount of good new music these days this is a complete waste of time for me.

It may be the album will be better, as a large part of it will be taken by the full 30 minute suite version of this 'We Can Fly' song, but honestly, given the poor quality of the 4 minutes edit, the 30 minutes version is more likely to be a failure rather then an improvement. We'll see, I'm digressing from the music I need to review here, but as an excuse I'll offer that it's not easy to stay focused on writing a review on a 4 minute single that didn't get released when it was originally written and that had better stayed under the rock where it was hidden.

Ok, I'm having a bit of fun here, and the 1 star can be partially explained by the fact that you only get one song here. It's a 2 star song so had there been 3 songs on this single I might have given 2 stars, you would at least get some value then.

Fans of Yes's Drama album and of their more AOR/pop oriented material may dig this, and might look forward to the album, but I've always been very lukewarm about 'Drama', and this song spells 'Disaster'. Enough said. Where's that 'Yes Album'!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#462160) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin
3 stars A flying return

It's pretty incredible that such a classic band such as Yes, dormant for 10 years, can return without sounding absolutely dead. We Can Fly, the band's first single and first album in ten years after 2001's Magnification, seems to be a nice fusion between the band's proggier era of the 70s and their poppier era of the 80s and 90s, with some fantastic parts on both the pop and prog spectrum. It has a terribly overpowering AOR atmosphere, very reminiscent of the Styx (who they just happen to be touring with this summer 2011), yet still has a more appealing ambiance to it, care of Geoff Downes keyboard work. It's actually quite funny that Downes reappears in the Yes lineup for this particular release, because this very song is actually an unreleased track from the Drama sessions, Downes' most famous album with the band.

Although the song may have an obvious Drama-esque overtone, it still has a great, fresh new look on the stale 80s Yes that many prog fans had to suffer through. It may not be the most inventive or incredible stuff, but this is still Yes, and luckily some of the unexplored ideas of the 4 minute song should be expanded upon on the album (this track is ~20 minutes on the album), so I look forward to the album with an equal amount of hesitation. The song depicts a slightly revived Yes, but still has me worried they'll try to dip into pop too much. Benoit David's vocal output is very fitting to the music, with his experience in the neo-prog band Mystery really adding a nice lush symphonic feel to the music, which is more akin to that type of vocal style than Anderson's more nasally approach, which fits beautifully pretty much only with the band's classic material. Overall, though, the song is good, and is a nice listen for a fan who hasn't heard new Yes in 10 years. 3 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#462412) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 stars Well, this is just a small snippet from the new Yes album, so my review will be short. As usual, the musicianship from the bandmembers. The singing of course, is not Jon Anderson, it is David Benoit who has a more Trevor Horn tone than Jon's. The song is very much in the style of Drama-time Yes ... (read more)

Report this review (#606836) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this shows that the single sound of the new Yes album is more directed to the '80s albums, especially "Drama". And that's bad? I think not, since I love the 80's band. "We can fly" is a track composed by that decade Buggles (Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes, whose return to the band further ... (read more)

Report this review (#466344) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why 4 stars, it's utterly overratted! The song is poppish and sounds like the 80's! It looks a bit like Eye in the Sky or singles like that wich have a little bit of prog but are still majorily pop. Really sounds like the Buggles. I aggree that Benoit's voice is great and that the band is made of re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462080) | Posted by The_Jester | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This track sounds like an excellent apethiser for the new Yes album to come. Chriss Squire's bass is as great as ever, Benoit David sings more like Trevor Horn than like Jon Anderson which is a good thing as this song was written at the time of the Drama album. It seems that the band has tried to re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462027) | Posted by Gus82 | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just discovered that Yes had released this. (Apparently only 3 hours ago). When I saw it, I HAD to listen to it and it surprisingly has a good sound. Benoit definitely has the high sound voice of Anderson, but with a more modern sound. Its got a softer section, and a more driving section. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#460831) | Posted by MattGuitat | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit)"