WE CAN FLY - SINGLE (RADIO EDIT)

Yes We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. We Can Fly (Radio Edit) (4:15)

Search YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) lyrics

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums

Released: June 13, 2011
Label: Frontiers Records

Thanks to MattGuitat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
Dresden Dolls CD Yes Virginia Excellent Condition US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 31s
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe Cd YES Roger Dean Art cover Rock Prog US $6.99 Buy It Now 36m 36s
EX/EX- !! Yes/Tormato/1978 Atlantic LP US $13.04 Buy It Now 37m 33s
YES - The BBC Recordings 1969 -1970 Prog Rock Jon Anderson Tony Kaye Peter Banks US $19.99 Buy It Now 44m 36s
POLYPHONIC SPREE - YES IT'S TRUE NEW CD US $21.28 Buy It Now 46m 34s
James Pastell Hell Yes I Cheated/Woman of The World 45 RPM Paula Records VG+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 51m 48s
Yes - Yesshows - Atlantic Records Double Vinyl LP K SD 2 510 EX/VG US $6.51 [0 bids]
54m 46s
Classic Yes [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Sep-1994, Atlantic) US $3.95 Buy It Now 55m 11s
Yes/The Yes Album/1971 Atlantic Gatefold LP/Plum Label US $65.28 Buy It Now 58m 17s
BUDDY LANDON 45 Promo - Oh Yes- Jaguar Label Rockabilly DJ US $34.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 3 R&B 45s - Fats Domino - Yes, My Darling, Whole Lotta Loving +1 US $1.49 [0 bids]
TEEN ROCK 45 - RAY & LINDY - ANGEL LOVE / YES THAT'S LOVE- UNITED ARTISTS UA 171 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Yes Atco 45 Record #99817 VG+ Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
YES,YESSHOWS,DOUBLE LP ON ATLANTIC,SD 2-510 US $8.15 [0 bids]
ALAN WHITE YES-RAMSHACKLED-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G35 US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
GENESIS LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY DBLE LP EX/VG GCS101 YES PINK FLOYD US $4.88 [1 bids]
Yes Atlantic Reissue LP in Shrink 1977 US $9.99 [0 bids]
4 Yes LP's US $10.00 [0 bids]
YES THE ULTIMATE YES 35TH ANIVERSARY COLLECTION SEALED 2 CD SET NEW US $8.20 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Yes! It's Yours (Fan Remix Album), K-Os, Good Import US $5.07 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Relayer [Remaster] by Yes US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Yes - Extended Versions by Yes US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
In A Word Yes (1969 - ) Box set 5 CD - MINT CONDITION - FAST POST US $39.16 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Teener 45 - Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces / Yes-Sir-Ee US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES, 90125 (Cassette, 1983, ATCO, Atlantic Recording) ORIGINAL, NO UPC, EXC US $3.49 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DINAH SHORE - "DINAH,YES INDEED" VINTAGE 12" VINYL LP RECORD US $4.00 [0 bids]
Classic Yes by Yes US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
NEAR MINT YES The Yes Album ATLANTIC LP SD19131 JON ANDERSON STEVE HOWE et al US $12.95 [0 bids]
YES - THE YES YEARS 1991 ATCO - 4 CD + BOOKLET BOX SET - EXCELLENT CONDITION US $35.90 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Ticket To Ride / Yes It Is, The Beatles, 45 RPM! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Light Walls by Steve Howe/2 cd new/YES/Asia/GTRJon Anderson US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
BARBARA MASON : YES, I'M READY / KEEP HIM US $4.99 [0 bids]
2h
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 6m
YES - USA , CALIFORNIA 1988 / BOSTON 1974 - 2 CD - IMTRAT 920.038 - SEALED US $18.90 Buy It Now 2h 10m
RARE YES FRAGILE 1972 LP FIRST PRESS MONARCH LABEL George Piros PORKY in WAX US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Say Yes to Tomorrow, Dale Roy Rogers & Dusty, Very Good US $12.28 Buy It Now 2h 13m
FC/KAHUNA, Machine Says Yes Audio CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
YES Yessongs NEAR MINT Vinyl 3LPs Quad-fold Jacket PROG Booklet ATLANTIC SD3-100 US $16.98 [0 bids]
YES-MAGNIFICATION (2CDs) US $9.27 Buy It Now 2h 24m
YES YESTERDAYS VINYL LP JOHN ANDERSON STEVE HOWE CHRIS SQUIRE TONY KAYE P BANKS US $5.99 [0 bids]
YES CLASSIC VINYL LP & BONUS 45 1981 ATLANTIC RECORDS SD-19320 EX US $16.99 [0 bids]
Paul Whiteman Orch. (3/31/1924) "There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes" Victor # 19309 US $12.49 [0 bids]
BULL MOOSE JACKSON I Love You Yes / Sneaky Pete R&B - SOUL 78 RPM RECORD US $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
EYDIE GORME yes my darling daughter 1962 UK CBS 45 US $9.79 Buy It Now 2h 30m
YES Relayer - 6 track Near Mint 2003 German Rhino Re-release CD - in digipak US $12.79 Buy It Now 2h 32m
yes lp classic yes + 7" single sd 19320 vg+/m- US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
CLASSIC YES: Rock Lp - Atlantic - Warner Later Pressing US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ASIA Resonance: The Omega Tour CD/DVD DIGIAPCK YES John Wetton Ships NOW!!!!! US $15.90 Buy It Now 2h 34m
? YES DRAMA - 2004 ReMastered & Expanded CD + BONUS Tracks Anderson Howe ABWH ? US $5.70 [0 bids]
OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE Movie SOUNDTRACK on a CD Album ~THE WHO Yes EAGLES Free WINGS US $26.95 [0 bids]
Northern Soul (45) The Marvelettes "He's A Good Guy (Yes He Is)" (Tamla) HEAR IT US $10.49 [0 bids]
POLYPHONIC SPREE-YES IT`S TRUE CD NEW US $16.37 Buy It Now 2h 41m
YES, 90125 - LP RECORD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
80's 12 LP LOT Tom Petty YES Glass Tiger NU SHOOZ US $20.00 [0 bids]
Yes 45 Lift Me Up 1991 NOS B-Side Available Only On This 45 Billboard # 86 USA US $19.50 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Nu Shooz - Should I Say Yes? - Single - Promotional LP US $42.50 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Smokey Robinson: Yes, It's You Ladey (R&B LP) Motown/Tamla - SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
YES "TORMATO" LP 1978 JON ANDERSON STEVE HOWE CHRIS SQUIRE RICK WAKEMAN US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Yes - Close to the Edge LP (You and I, Siberian Khatru) VG/VG US $5.90 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Yes - Fragile LP w/ BOOKLET (Roundabout, Long Distance Runaround) VG/VG US $6.90 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Yes 90125 vinyl LP 1983 VG+ Atlantic Records Owner of a Lonely Heart Hold On US $8.95 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Paul Whiteman/Manhattan Merrymakers, Sittin' in a Corner/Maggie! "Yes Ma'am!" US $6.00 [0 bids]
Paul Whiteman, There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes/Love Has A Way, Victor 19309 US $5.00 [0 bids]
SHRINK YES FRAGILE SD19132 ST-A-712367-SP ROUNDABOUT PROG ROCK GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $12.95 [0 bids]
YES: America 4:06-Total Mass Retain 3:16-Holland 7" 1972 Atlantic ATL 10226 PSL US $64.98 Buy It Now 3h
UK RENDEZVOUS 6:02 RARE DUTCH 45 W/PC KING CRIMSON YES GENESIS ROXY MUSIC US $14.68 Buy It Now 3h
Yes Big Generator LP album with Final Eyes '87 Atlantic Yes vinyl! US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h
YES "GOING FOR THE ONE" LP 1978 JON ANDERSON STEVE HOWE RICK WAKEMAN US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.75 [0 bids]
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD) US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE Movie SOUNDTRACK on a CD Album ~THE WHO Yes EAGLES Free WINGS US $25.95 [0 bids]
Bull Moose Jackson, I Love You Yes I Do/Sneaky Pete, King 4181 US $4.00 [1 bids]
Gloria Mann, Earth Angel/I Love You, Yes I Do, Sound 109 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Yes New York US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
LOU RAWLS Dead End Street 45 Monologue / Yes It Hurts Doesn't It Capitol Records US $11.99 [0 bids]
Fly From Here - Yes US $15.50 Buy It Now 3h 17m
YES "RHYTHM OF LOVE" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Going For The One - Yes US $23.49 Buy It Now 3h 22m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE YES I AM US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
YES "THE YES ALBUM" LP 1970 JON ANDERSON CHRIS SQUIRE RICK WAKEMAN BILL BRUFORD US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
LINDA HAYES Yes, I Know / Sister Anne R&B - SOUL 78 RPM RECORD US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 32m
YES NUKES, A Collection Of Los Angeles Rock Bands NEW SEALED LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
YES-90125 CD NEW US $10.22 Buy It Now 3h 44m
YES-YES ALBUM CD NEW US $10.22 Buy It Now 3h 44m
YES-YES REMIXES CD NEW US $20.75 Buy It Now 3h 44m
PATRICK MORAZ "HUMAN INTERFACE" PROG 1987 YES RARE HARD TO FIND !!! US $9.99 [1 bids]
CRASS yes Sir, I will. FRANCE CD SEALED yes Sir I will US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Union by Yes (CD, Apr-1991, Arista)- EXCELLENT~ US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
PATRICK MORAZ "FUTURE MEMORIES I & II - LIVE ON TV" PROG 1979 YES RARE HTF !!! US $7.99 [1 bids]
Yes U by Devastations (2008, Blanco y Negro Records) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Close to the Edge [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Yes CD Like New US $4.04 [0 bids]
Do Me Bad Things - Yes! (2005) US $3.18 Buy It Now 3h 57m
YES Magnification DVD Audio CD US $25.00 [0 bids]
YES- BIG VINYL ALBUM US $4.88 Buy It Now 4h
Yes (2 CD Set) Greatest Hits (2014) Wonderous Stories - The Very Best of YES US $2.61 [3 bids]
4h
Just Say Da: Volume IV of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD)Depeche Mode US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
YES [The Yes Album] 71 (A/B) Gatefold NM/NM-/EX Play Graded US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am (CD, 1993) US $0.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ "THE STORY OF I" UK PROG 1976 YES 1ST SOLO JEFF BERLIN RAY GOMEZ US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) ratings distribution

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I wasn't actually planning on doing another Yes review any time soon but this certainly changed after I heard the new single titled We Can Fly on Spotify!

Unlike most Progressive Rock fans, I only consider myself to be a minor fan of Yes. It's true that the band had a few great albums back in the '70s, Fragile and Relayer happen to be my personal favorites, but the 80's and 90's didn't exactly strengthened their position as one of the leading forces of the Progressive Rock community. I realize that the hardcore Yes fans will completely disagree with that statement, but I'm really not writing this review for them, seeing that they will still most likely pick up Fly From Here once it is released; this review is made for everyone who has given up on the mighty Yes!

This four minute single begins like nothing we've heard from Yes since their 1980 release Drama. This comparison is very appropriate considering that Geoff Downes is once again featured in the lineup and his distinct atmospheric keyboard arrangements really bring me back to the slow building intro of Into The Lens. It's also interesting that Steve Howe uses the exact same slide guitar and finger picking arrangements here as he did back on Drama!

I was originally very skeptical to hear the chorus section of We Can Fly, since this is a single and singles always have to feature a prominent (and often cheesy) chorus section. Well, I can safely say that this chorus is far from the awful sounding Don't Go off Magnification. Benoit David's voice is very appealing to my ears and I definitely think that he adds an excellent new layer of sound into the overall mix of this composition. The song does end a bit abruptly, which actually made me even more excited since I suddenly remembered that We Can Fly is suppose to be a part of the longer We Can Fly-suite on the actual full length release and so there are probably many more wonderful moments to be uncovered.

Allow me to conclude by stating that anyone who doesn't want to hear this single based on the fact that it doesn't feature Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman will be missing out on some great material. Let's be honest here, the band hasn't exactly done anything new or innovating those last few times when Jon and Rick were on board. This even includes Going For The One and Tormato since those releases clearly only slowed the progress that Yes showed on Relayer! I seriously think that Drama was good for the band even though some fans will continue to complain about that record. If you like listening to classic Yes then please do so but don't come here complaining about the new lineup. A new perspective has historically always pushed this band forward, even if some instances were for the worse.

It's safe to say that I'm now really looking forward to the upcoming studio album. The direction that Yes depicts on this single is easily their best since the early '80s; we're talking about 30 years history here!

**** star songs: We Can Fly (4:15)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#461371) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars A single, or rather teaser for the imminent release of the new 2011 Yes album! OlÚ!

Well, new... Let's not get carried away. This song is 30 years old and that's exactly how it sounds, like a stale 30 year old cheese, complete with an Anderson clone on the mike and the plastic kitsch treat that I've heard on most of the post-77 Yes where I dared to go. Given the intimidating amount of good new music these days this is a complete waste of time for me.

It may be the album will be better, as a large part of it will be taken by the full 30 minute suite version of this 'We Can Fly' song, but honestly, given the poor quality of the 4 minutes edit, the 30 minutes version is more likely to be a failure rather then an improvement. We'll see, I'm digressing from the music I need to review here, but as an excuse I'll offer that it's not easy to stay focused on writing a review on a 4 minute single that didn't get released when it was originally written and that had better stayed under the rock where it was hidden.

Ok, I'm having a bit of fun here, and the 1 star can be partially explained by the fact that you only get one song here. It's a 2 star song so had there been 3 songs on this single I might have given 2 stars, you would at least get some value then.

Fans of Yes's Drama album and of their more AOR/pop oriented material may dig this, and might look forward to the album, but I've always been very lukewarm about 'Drama', and this song spells 'Disaster'. Enough said. Where's that 'Yes Album'!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#462160) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars A flying return

It's pretty incredible that such a classic band such as Yes, dormant for 10 years, can return without sounding absolutely dead. We Can Fly, the band's first single and first album in ten years after 2001's Magnification, seems to be a nice fusion between the band's proggier era of the 70s and their poppier era of the 80s and 90s, with some fantastic parts on both the pop and prog spectrum. It has a terribly overpowering AOR atmosphere, very reminiscent of the Styx (who they just happen to be touring with this summer 2011), yet still has a more appealing ambiance to it, care of Geoff Downes keyboard work. It's actually quite funny that Downes reappears in the Yes lineup for this particular release, because this very song is actually an unreleased track from the Drama sessions, Downes' most famous album with the band.

Although the song may have an obvious Drama-esque overtone, it still has a great, fresh new look on the stale 80s Yes that many prog fans had to suffer through. It may not be the most inventive or incredible stuff, but this is still Yes, and luckily some of the unexplored ideas of the 4 minute song should be expanded upon on the album (this track is ~20 minutes on the album), so I look forward to the album with an equal amount of hesitation. The song depicts a slightly revived Yes, but still has me worried they'll try to dip into pop too much. Benoit David's vocal output is very fitting to the music, with his experience in the neo-prog band Mystery really adding a nice lush symphonic feel to the music, which is more akin to that type of vocal style than Anderson's more nasally approach, which fits beautifully pretty much only with the band's classic material. Overall, though, the song is good, and is a nice listen for a fan who hasn't heard new Yes in 10 years. 3 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#462412) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 stars Well, this is just a small snippet from the new Yes album, so my review will be short. As usual, the musicianship from the bandmembers. The singing of course, is not Jon Anderson, it is David Benoit who has a more Trevor Horn tone than Jon's. The song is very much in the style of Drama-time Yes ... (read more)

Report this review (#606836) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this shows that the single sound of the new Yes album is more directed to the '80s albums, especially "Drama". And that's bad? I think not, since I love the 80's band. "We can fly" is a track composed by that decade Buggles (Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes, whose return to the band further ... (read more)

Report this review (#466344) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why 4 stars, it's utterly overratted! The song is poppish and sounds like the 80's! It looks a bit like Eye in the Sky or singles like that wich have a little bit of prog but are still majorily pop. Really sounds like the Buggles. I aggree that Benoit's voice is great and that the band is made of re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462080) | Posted by The_Jester | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This track sounds like an excellent apethiser for the new Yes album to come. Chriss Squire's bass is as great as ever, Benoit David sings more like Trevor Horn than like Jon Anderson which is a good thing as this song was written at the time of the Drama album. It seems that the band has tried to re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462027) | Posted by Gus82 | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just discovered that Yes had released this. (Apparently only 3 hours ago). When I saw it, I HAD to listen to it and it surprisingly has a good sound. Benoit definitely has the high sound voice of Anderson, but with a more modern sound. Its got a softer section, and a more driving section. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#460831) | Posted by MattGuitat | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit)"