WE CAN FLY - SINGLE (RADIO EDIT)

Yes We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2011

1. We Can Fly (Radio Edit) (4:15)

Search YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) lyrics

- Chris Squire / bass
- Alan White / drums

Released: June 13, 2011
Label: Frontiers Records

Thanks to MattGuitat for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $3.08 Buy It Now 30m 18s
Soul 45 WILSON PICKETT She Said Yes on Atlantic 4 US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 21s
CHI-LITES / YES I'M READY / HAVE YOU SEEN HER US $12.79 Buy It Now 35m 51s
YES: Owner Of A Lonely Heart 45 (10" shaped pic disc in PVC sleeve) Rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 51m 24s
THE CLIMAX JAZZ BAND YES SIR THATS MY BABY CD US $4.86 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Melissa Etheridge Yes I Am (CA) CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Yes HEAVEN & EARTH cd Chris Squire Steve Howe Geoff Downes 2014 ALBUM US $8.99 [1 bids]
Yes Sir I Can Boogie ISRAEL HEBREW disco Baccara Ma Baker Moroder SEXY COVER LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Yes - High Vibration JAPAN 16 x SACD BOX SET NEW SEALED MINT US $359.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
YES Shows 2 LP Record Set 1980 RARE vinyl orig NM atlantic prog sd2510 yesshows! US $33.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS GATEFOLD ORIGINAL 2 lp set '73 prog rare vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am [ audio cassette ] US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Sandmen Say Yes 3 Track CD Single Promo US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
YES - BIG GENERATOR - VINYL LP 1987 ATCO 90522-1 - USED VG US $0.99 [0 bids]
A768 SYMPHONIC MUSIC OF YES JAPAN CD BVCF-1516 OBI US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Yes 'Yessongs' LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - Self Titled ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $37.17 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Yes 90125 LP NM "Shrink/Owner of a Lonly Heart Song Sticker/Store Tag" US $10.19 Buy It Now 2h 24m
YES - "Yessongs" (Live) 3-LP 1973 ORIG EARLY US w/BOOKLET (Roger Dean Artwork) US $31.88 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Los Yes Yes De Reventon CD US $5.21 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Yes House of Yes (House of Blues) 2 discs US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes I Am, Etheridge, Melissa, Good US $5.74 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Yes The Ladder US $5.00 [0 bids]
SWEET SENSATION "Sad Sweet Dreamer" / "Surething Yes I Do" ATV 45 / 7" Soul NM- US $8.95 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Yes - Beyond & Before (BBC Recordings 1969-1970, 2009) CD X 2 Prog Rock US $13.84 Buy It Now 3h 7m
3 LP LOT RICK WAKEMAN YES PROG ROCK INSERTS US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 9m
PETER GABRIEL Plays Live JAPAN LTD MINI LP 2CD SEALED GENESIS YES US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Various Artists Yes We Can: Voices of a Grassroots Movem CD US $4.03 Buy It Now 3h 17m
YES re: RICK WAKEMAN Journey To Center of Earth 1974 UK A&M LP NM w/booklet US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Los Yes Yes Lagrimas Negras CD US $5.07 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Bing Crosby : Yes Indeed CD US $9.73 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Just Say Yes - Sires Winter CD Music Sampler.1987 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Trevor Rabin / Trevor Rabin -Japan PastMasters II TOCP-6355 YES Crimson US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Classic Yes ~ CD album US $5.90 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Do Me Bad Things : YES! CD (2001) US $5.96 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Sweet Charles Lyn Collins Yes It's You Rock Me Again James Brown Urban rare US $15.20 [0 bids]
Yes - Fragile JAPAN CD AMCY-363 UNIQUE MASTERING RARE US $15.00 [0 bids]
YES Going For The One 1977 1st U.K. pressing LP in Triple Fold-Out Sleeve! US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 30m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / YES AND YOU AND I / 7INCH 45RPM US $299.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN - JOURNEY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE EARTH - 2005 OZ TOUR T-SHIRT - YES US $37.29 Buy It Now 5h
YES The Yes Album LP EX UK 1971 Atlantic Records Gatefold Sleeve US $20.27 Buy It Now 5h 4m
DJ RAGS yes yes y'all CD 3 track b/w represent and ol dirty loop (hard20cd) euro US $9.13 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Yes - Magnification [DVD Audio] New Sealed US $58.49 Buy It Now 5h 17m
CHRISTIE ALLEN Magic Rhythm / Only Yes Will Do 1979 OZ 45 US $9.28 Buy It Now 5h 17m
BECK GUERO CD ALTERNATIVE ROCK NINTH ALBUM E-PRO HELL YES GIRL MISSING BRAND NEW US $20.47 Buy It Now 5h 18m
YES - DON'T KILL THE WHALE - NEW ZEALAND PRESSING 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1978 US $12.02 Buy It Now 5h 22m
1972 LP Record Album YES FRAGILE Atlantic SD 19132 US $14.50 [0 bids]
YES BIG GENERATOR PRODUCT NEW ALBUM RABIN HORN .1987 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.74 Buy It Now 5h 39m
WOW-PLAYS GREAT EARL GRANT YES SIRREE DECCA RECORDS US $2.99 [0 bids]
CD Yes Yes Yes Peter Gallway US $4.21 Buy It Now 5h 53m
YES - Lift Me Up / Give & Take 1991 USA Arista Records 7" Single & Label Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Oh No Ono. Yes. Great danish indie pop rock CD 2006. Great debut release. US $5.99 [1 bids]
Close to the Edge - Yes - Record 33 LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1971 THE YES ALBUM 33 LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1973 YES TALES FROM THE TOPOGARPHIC OCEANS DOUBLE 33 LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1980 YES [SHOWS] DOUBLE 33 LP'S US $9.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1974 YES YESTERDAYS 33 LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 1974 YES RELAYER 33 LP GREAT SHAPE... US $8.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL1971 THE YES ALBUM VINYL RECORD UK FIRST PRESSING K40106 - A2 B2 US $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 26m
YES 90125 WEST GERMANY 02 matrix TARGET CD issue (35dp red face) US $14.99 [0 bids]
BUFFSEEDS casino CD 3 track digipack b/w yes i started the instore fight and eve US $8.43 Buy It Now 6h 56m
FLASH - IN THE CAN - SOVEREIGN UK 1972 ORIGINAL EX YES US $33.81 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Yes ?Time And A Word lp vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Yes ?Relayer lp vinyl US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Yes Tormato lp vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Yes Close To The Edge lp vinyl used US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
YES 8 TRACK TAPE LOT! YESSONGS VOLUME 1 & 2 FRAGILE US $3.75 [3 bids]
YES 90125 INSERT RARE ISRAEL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
YES DRAMA (1980 VINYL LP IN A GATEFOLD SLEEVE+INSERT) US $16.89 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Yes - Union (2CD) (2CD) - HST009CD US $13.51 Buy It Now 7h 43m
YES THE YES ALBUM 1971 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen 20P2 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Yes Going for the One 1977 Original Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $17.60 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Various Artists,CD,Top Hits of 80s,INXS,A-Ha,Devo,Yes,Ambrosia,Escape Club,Todd US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - An Evening of Yes (CD)- HST025CD US $13.51 Buy It Now 8h 18m
1971 Yes: Roundabout Yellow Promo 7" 45 RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lavatory - Yes It Hurts CD 1996 Tug Records US $29.00 Buy It Now 8h 20m
ELUVEITIE:Yes We Can:T-shirt:NEW:Pick from 4 sizes US $27.97 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 8h 33m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (Cassette, Sep-1993, Island) US $2.50 [0 bids]
FRESH & ONLYS, The - Yes Or No - 7" US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Yes Close to the Edge 1972 1st 1B Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, EXC US $44.00 Buy It Now 8h 36m
YES Tormato Ex Atlantic 1978 UK LP US $10.11 Buy It Now 8h 43m
The Definitive Rock Collection by Yes (CD, Jan-2007, 2 Discs, Rhino (Label)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
VINCE POPE - Yes and No, Po CD (1993) 9 Tracks US $4.58 Buy It Now 8h 44m
POLYPHONIC SPREE: Yes, It's True LP (180 gram pressing, w/ digital download car US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Yes!- Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.)country-vg US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - YESSONGS - NEW 2CD US $17.99 [0 bids]
YES - THE YES ALBUM - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - NEW ORIGINAL US $74.99 [0 bids]
YES - KEYS TO ASCENSION [4CD+DVD] - NEW BOXSET US $47.58 [0 bids]
YES - YESSHOWS - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD - 2 CD - OOP US $69.99 [0 bids]
YES - FRAGILE - JAPAN MINI LP 2009 SHM CD - WPCR-13515 US $79.99 [0 bids]
YES - The Best of Yes: 1970-1987 - Japan CD - WPCR-15326 US $39.99 [0 bids]
YES - The Yes Album - 24 kt GOLD - New #'d CD - Collectors Edition MOFI US $54.99 [0 bids]
YES - TIME AND A WORD [Bonus Tracks] - JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $55.99 [0 bids]
YES - Close to the Edge (SACD) UNNUMBERED EDITION - Audio Fidelity CD Sealed US $32.96 [0 bids]
YES - FRAGILE - 24 KT GOLD CD - COLLECTORS EDITION MFSL - UDCD 766 - BRAND NEW US $53.43 [0 bids]
Jets, The (2)- Yes Tonight Josephine 7" US $6.76 Buy It Now 8h 54m
RAY CHARLES YES INDEED NM- MONO LP DG vinyl 8025 US $48.95 Buy It Now 8h 57m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THOMPSON TWINS - YES - ARTIST 486 US $11.82 Buy It Now 9h

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) ratings distribution

YES We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit) reviews

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I wasn't actually planning on doing another Yes review any time soon but this certainly changed after I heard the new single titled We Can Fly on Spotify!

Unlike most Progressive Rock fans, I only consider myself to be a minor fan of Yes. It's true that the band had a few great albums back in the '70s, Fragile and Relayer happen to be my personal favorites, but the 80's and 90's didn't exactly strengthened their position as one of the leading forces of the Progressive Rock community. I realize that the hardcore Yes fans will completely disagree with that statement, but I'm really not writing this review for them, seeing that they will still most likely pick up Fly From Here once it is released; this review is made for everyone who has given up on the mighty Yes!

This four minute single begins like nothing we've heard from Yes since their 1980 release Drama. This comparison is very appropriate considering that Geoff Downes is once again featured in the lineup and his distinct atmospheric keyboard arrangements really bring me back to the slow building intro of Into The Lens. It's also interesting that Steve Howe uses the exact same slide guitar and finger picking arrangements here as he did back on Drama!

I was originally very skeptical to hear the chorus section of We Can Fly, since this is a single and singles always have to feature a prominent (and often cheesy) chorus section. Well, I can safely say that this chorus is far from the awful sounding Don't Go off Magnification. Benoit David's voice is very appealing to my ears and I definitely think that he adds an excellent new layer of sound into the overall mix of this composition. The song does end a bit abruptly, which actually made me even more excited since I suddenly remembered that We Can Fly is suppose to be a part of the longer We Can Fly-suite on the actual full length release and so there are probably many more wonderful moments to be uncovered.

Allow me to conclude by stating that anyone who doesn't want to hear this single based on the fact that it doesn't feature Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman will be missing out on some great material. Let's be honest here, the band hasn't exactly done anything new or innovating those last few times when Jon and Rick were on board. This even includes Going For The One and Tormato since those releases clearly only slowed the progress that Yes showed on Relayer! I seriously think that Drama was good for the band even though some fans will continue to complain about that record. If you like listening to classic Yes then please do so but don't come here complaining about the new lineup. A new perspective has historically always pushed this band forward, even if some instances were for the worse.

It's safe to say that I'm now really looking forward to the upcoming studio album. The direction that Yes depicts on this single is easily their best since the early '80s; we're talking about 30 years history here!

**** star songs: We Can Fly (4:15)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#461371) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars A single, or rather teaser for the imminent release of the new 2011 Yes album! Olé!

Well, new... Let's not get carried away. This song is 30 years old and that's exactly how it sounds, like a stale 30 year old cheese, complete with an Anderson clone on the mike and the plastic kitsch treat that I've heard on most of the post-77 Yes where I dared to go. Given the intimidating amount of good new music these days this is a complete waste of time for me.

It may be the album will be better, as a large part of it will be taken by the full 30 minute suite version of this 'We Can Fly' song, but honestly, given the poor quality of the 4 minutes edit, the 30 minutes version is more likely to be a failure rather then an improvement. We'll see, I'm digressing from the music I need to review here, but as an excuse I'll offer that it's not easy to stay focused on writing a review on a 4 minute single that didn't get released when it was originally written and that had better stayed under the rock where it was hidden.

Ok, I'm having a bit of fun here, and the 1 star can be partially explained by the fact that you only get one song here. It's a 2 star song so had there been 3 songs on this single I might have given 2 stars, you would at least get some value then.

Fans of Yes's Drama album and of their more AOR/pop oriented material may dig this, and might look forward to the album, but I've always been very lukewarm about 'Drama', and this song spells 'Disaster'. Enough said. Where's that 'Yes Album'!

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#462160) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team
3 stars A flying return

It's pretty incredible that such a classic band such as Yes, dormant for 10 years, can return without sounding absolutely dead. We Can Fly, the band's first single and first album in ten years after 2001's Magnification, seems to be a nice fusion between the band's proggier era of the 70s and their poppier era of the 80s and 90s, with some fantastic parts on both the pop and prog spectrum. It has a terribly overpowering AOR atmosphere, very reminiscent of the Styx (who they just happen to be touring with this summer 2011), yet still has a more appealing ambiance to it, care of Geoff Downes keyboard work. It's actually quite funny that Downes reappears in the Yes lineup for this particular release, because this very song is actually an unreleased track from the Drama sessions, Downes' most famous album with the band.

Although the song may have an obvious Drama-esque overtone, it still has a great, fresh new look on the stale 80s Yes that many prog fans had to suffer through. It may not be the most inventive or incredible stuff, but this is still Yes, and luckily some of the unexplored ideas of the 4 minute song should be expanded upon on the album (this track is ~20 minutes on the album), so I look forward to the album with an equal amount of hesitation. The song depicts a slightly revived Yes, but still has me worried they'll try to dip into pop too much. Benoit David's vocal output is very fitting to the music, with his experience in the neo-prog band Mystery really adding a nice lush symphonic feel to the music, which is more akin to that type of vocal style than Anderson's more nasally approach, which fits beautifully pretty much only with the band's classic material. Overall, though, the song is good, and is a nice listen for a fan who hasn't heard new Yes in 10 years. 3 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#462412) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 stars Well, this is just a small snippet from the new Yes album, so my review will be short. As usual, the musicianship from the bandmembers. The singing of course, is not Jon Anderson, it is David Benoit who has a more Trevor Horn tone than Jon's. The song is very much in the style of Drama-time Yes ... (read more)

Report this review (#606836) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I think this shows that the single sound of the new Yes album is more directed to the '80s albums, especially "Drama". And that's bad? I think not, since I love the 80's band. "We can fly" is a track composed by that decade Buggles (Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes, whose return to the band further ... (read more)

Report this review (#466344) | Posted by voliveira | Tuesday, June 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Why 4 stars, it's utterly overratted! The song is poppish and sounds like the 80's! It looks a bit like Eye in the Sky or singles like that wich have a little bit of prog but are still majorily pop. Really sounds like the Buggles. I aggree that Benoit's voice is great and that the band is made of re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462080) | Posted by The_Jester | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This track sounds like an excellent apethiser for the new Yes album to come. Chriss Squire's bass is as great as ever, Benoit David sings more like Trevor Horn than like Jon Anderson which is a good thing as this song was written at the time of the Drama album. It seems that the band has tried to re ... (read more)

Report this review (#462027) | Posted by Gus82 | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I just discovered that Yes had released this. (Apparently only 3 hours ago). When I saw it, I HAD to listen to it and it surprisingly has a good sound. Benoit definitely has the high sound voice of Anderson, but with a more modern sound. Its got a softer section, and a more driving section. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#460831) | Posted by MattGuitat | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "We Can Fly - Single (Radio Edit)"