NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB

Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy WIGWAM Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Nuclear nightclub (2:45)
2. Freddie are you ready (5:36)
3. Bless your lucky stars (5:58)
4. Kite (4:15)
5. Do or die (5:03)
6. Simple human kindness (4:02)
7. Save my money and my name (4:07)
8. Pig storm (4:39)

Bonus Tracks:
9. Do Or Die (5:40)
10. Simple Human Kindness (4:08)
11. Freddie Are You Ready (5:47)
12. Bless your Lucky Stars (6:11)

Search WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub lyrics

+ Esa Kotilainen / keyboards
- Paavo Maijanen / backing vocals

LP: Love Records LRLP 129 (1975) / Cd. Love / Siboney LRCD 129 (Remastered
2000)

WIGWAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Music

Single · Import
Instant Karma 2006
Live Music From the Twilight ZoneLive Music From the Twilight Zone
ESOTERIC 2010
Wigwam ex UK promo 7 Tram Driver / Nuclear Nightclub US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
BOB DYLAN Wigwam / Copper Kettle US $3.50 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Wigwam Weste(R)N Weiss Wolfe [CD New] US $17.04 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Sounds Orchestral - Wigwam 12" LP 1971 / Stereo / Ex US $26.63 Buy It Now 7h 57m
JOSEPH SAMUELS' ORCH. -- ACTUELLE 020457 - WIGWAM & MISSISSIPPI SHORE US $9.99 [0 bids]
BLUR Stereotypes + Universal GORILLAZ Tomorrow Comes Today WIGWAM remixes 5x CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
WIGWAM WESTE(R)N WEISS WOLFE / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 18h 26m
Various Artists - Wigwam Weste(R)N Weiss Wolfe CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 21h 6m
BOB DYLAN - Wigwam / Thirsty Boots - (2013 RSD Limited Edition Vinyl 7" 45) US $9.97 Buy It Now 21h 38m
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB + 7 BONUS TRACKS DGTR CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Cat Stevens A&M 45 Record #1335 EX I Want To Live In A Wigwam / Morning Has US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Dylan - MINT "THIRSTY BOOTS" / "WIGWAM" Picture Sleeve Single US $8.31 [0 bids]
BOB DYLAN 45 Wigwam COLUMBIA US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 - Columbia Records - Bob Dylan - Copper Kettle/Wigwam US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD STORE DAY RELEASE 04/20/13 45 BOB DYLAN, WIGWAM / THIRSTY BOOTS US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam The Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose Rock LP '76 embossed cover rare NM! US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $51.54 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB - UK 1st Press / Finland prog / NM LP US $37.25 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM (FINLAND) - TOMBSTONE VALENTINE - NEW CD US $18.92 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - WIGWAM (IMPORT) NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB DYLAN WIGWAM THIRSTY BOOTS 7" 45 RPM VINYL LIMITED RSD 2013 NEW US $16.99 [0 bids]
WIGWAM: HARD N'HORNY (Rem Love CD 1969)PEKKA POHJOLA US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Japan Promo WL Vinyl LP OBI US $129.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Bob Dylan Wigwam / Thirsty Boots 7" SEALED Columbia RSD 2013 Bootleg Series 10 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN Wigwam Demo thirsty Boots 7" Single Vinyl record 45 RSD 2013 US $4.56 [0 bids]
WIGWAM - WALL STREET NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN WIGWAM THIRSTY BOOTS 7" 45 RPM VINYL LIMITED RSD 2013 NEW US $19.99 [0 bids]
VG+ CAT STEVENS I WANT TO LIVE IN A WIGWAM/MORNING HAS BROKEN 45 RPM AM RECORDS US $2.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Sarcofagus-Anthology 1979-1982 Finnish prog psych cd Wigwam related 2 cds US $33.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN WIGWAM THIRSTY BOOTS 7" 45 RPM VINYL LIMITED RSD 2013 NEW US $13.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Japan Original Vinyl LP 1975 US $89.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN original canada 7" 45 COPPER KETTLE / WIGWAM Self Portrait US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN- 7"Single -Wigwam/Copper Kettle, EX+ US $13.30 Buy It Now 2 days
WIGWAM (FINLAND) - HARD N' HORNY [WIGWAM (FINLAND)] - NEW CD US $17.13 Buy It Now 2 days
***missing back insert - PEKKA POHJOLA Space Waltz CD ex WIGWAM of Finland US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam The Lucky Golden Stripes & Starpose (UK Virgin LP) US $49.92 Buy It Now 3 days
WigWam "Shaker Loops" Very RARE LP Great Condition Has Some Surface Dings US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM - LIVE MUSIC FROM THE TWILIGHT ZONE NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM - FAIRYPORT NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM - BEING NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM - Nuclear Nightclub - 1975 - CD - REMASTERED - LIKE NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
WIGWAM - The Lucky Golden Stripes And Starpose - 1976 - CD - LIKE NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
CAT STEVENS MORNING HAS BROKEN /I WANT TO LIVE IN A WIGWAM VG COND. w/ PS 45 RPM US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Bob Dylan ex 7 Wigwam / Copper Kettle US $4.49 Buy It Now 3 days
CARL PHILLIPS....WIGWAM WILLIE....NM REPRO BOBBIN-45 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN 'WIGWAM' PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE SEALED RECORD STORE DAY 2013 US $13.30 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam Live Music From Twilight Zone CD Super Rare NEW Free shipping US $210.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CD-Wigwam-Being~'74 finnish~Prog psych US $12.99 [0 bids]
CD-Wigwam-Nuclear Nightclub~'75 finnish~Prog psych US $12.99 [0 bids]
CD-Wigwam-The Lucky Golden Stripes and starpose~'75 finnish~Prog psych US $12.99 [0 bids]
BOB DYLAN Wigwam / Copper Kettle STORE STOCK COPY 45 w/Original Sleeve STEREO NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CAT STEVENS-Morning Has Broken/I Want To Live In A Wigwam 7" VINYL RECORD VG 05 US $4.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub [CD New] US $14.96 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB (IMPORT) NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 4 days
BOB DYLAN USA RSD 2013 7" 45 WIGWAM, alternate version~THIRSTY BOOTS US $13.50 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 4 days
BOB DYLAN / wigwam / 1970 / 45 rpm US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM DARK ALBUM FINNISH PROG RARE ART ROCK LP '77! orig vinyl rare lrlp227 WOW US $129.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB FINNISH PROG LP LOVE LABEL US $80.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CAT STEVENS morning has broken / i want to live in a wigwam 7" Mint- A US $5.60 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM-TOMBSTONE VALENTINE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM - HIGHLIGHTS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub [Vinyl New] US $38.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bob Dylan Wigwam / Copper Kettle Vinyl 45 RPM US $9.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Bob Dylan NEW SEALED 45 Wigwam/Thirsty Boots vinyl record 2013 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan ' Copper Kettle' / Wigwam 45 US $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - The Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose - Virgin 2051 - Embossed Cover US $45.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub CD LOVE RECOR US $15.79 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM-HARD N' HORNY-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP SHM CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 5 days
'THE WIGWAM ON THE PRAIRIE' Vintage Sheet music, W STEWART RODDIE US $26.63 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Fairyport CD MARQUEE IN US $78.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Highlights CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Go-Kart Mozart - Instant Wigwam and Igloo Mixture - BRUM1CD US $18.28 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Being - ECLEC2183 US $18.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Zone - ECLEC2185 US $18.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Fairyport - ECLEC2182 US $18.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub - ECLEC2174 US $18.34 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Z (NEW CD) US $19.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub (NEW CD) US $19.54 Buy It Now 6 days
Go Kart Mozart - Instant Wigwam & And Igl (NEW CD) US $19.54 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine - ECLEC2372 US $18.36 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam-Tombstone Valentine Finnish prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam-Hard n' Horny Finnish prog cd US $23.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Bob Dylan 45 "Wigwam / Copper Kettle (The Pale Moonlight)" US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CAT STEVENS 45 RPM "Morning Has Broken" & "I Want to Live in a Wigwam" VG+ cond. US $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JORN Traveller + 1 JAPAN CD 2013 Europe's #1 vocalist Jorn Lande ! Wigwam member US $24.50 Buy It Now 6 days
1970 Bob Dylan WigWam / Copper Kettle 1st ORIG Columbia 4-45199 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $8.80 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM - LIVE MUSIC FROM THE TWILIGHT ZONE [6417732015174] - NEW CD US $18.58 Buy It Now 7 days
WIGWAM - FAIRYPORT (IMPORT) NEW CD US $92.12 Buy It Now 7 days
DYLAN, Bob - Wigwam (Record Store Day) - 7" US $18.64 Buy It Now 7 days
Nuclear Nightclub - Wigwam New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.49 Buy It Now 7 days
WIGWAM - BEING [WIGWAM] - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 7 days
WIGWAM (FINLAND) - HIGHLIGHTS [WIGWAM (FINLAND)] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $12.78 Buy It Now 7 days
BOB DYLAN "WIGWAM" RARE CANADIAN 7" SINGLE - COLUMBIA 4-45199 - VG/VG US $8.31 Buy It Now 7 days
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Z NEW CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 7 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub NEW CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 7 days
Wigwam The Lucky Golden UK Promo Label Vinyl LP Poster US $69.99 Buy It Now 7 days
WIGWAM (FINLAND) - TOMBSTONE VALENTINE [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 7 days
Wigwam - Hard N Horny JPN Jmlp Shm CD US $60.44 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WIGWAM music online Buy WIGWAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WIGWAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub ratings distribution

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub reviews

Review by Certif1ed
1 stars I didn't like it...

I bought this twenty odd years ago on a friends recommendation and tried to get into it several times - however I could find nothing remotely good in it, and certainly no prog. The textures are weak, there's no direction, the vocals are poor, the melodies are non- existent, it's rhythmically uninteresting and technically as challenging as play-dough.

The worst piece of vinyl I ever bought; I exchanged it this weekend after a final desparate run-through in a vain attempt to prove to myself that there actually is some good music here, because others have found it...

I tried, but I failed. I couldn't bear to keep it on the platter and only just resisted the urge to hurl it across the street.

Send comments to Certif1ed (BETA) | Report this review (#22809) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars (fifth in a series of seven)

3.5 stars really! However, progheads , be careful with this one. Cert1fied's view is much exagerated IMO , but this is hardly a masterpiece much even less prog. The departure of Gustavson and his jazzy-bluesih influences changes the sound dramatically and the fact that Pohjola also left with his classical and jazzy influences , this leaves Pembroke alone at the driving wheel. Groundstroem of Tasavallan Presidentii (now defunct) comes in on bass and Recchart comes in on guitar something clearly lacking in their two conceptual works , Fairyport and Being.

Well I suppose one could call it with progressive leanings but this is melodic folk rock, not far away from mainstream. This musical direction had been hinted in their first two albums but somehow as Jim Pembroke had not really written much in Fairyport or Being, here he gets the major load with new guitarist Recchart - one must point out that both of the main contributor to those previous albums had left: Pohjola for a solo career and Gustavson to find God. The sound then returns towards a countryish rock much like CS&N on the opening tracks and stays within that typical AOR-MOR of mid-70's FM rock. Highlight is Lucky Stars , and the cover artwork is supplied by original bassist Hulden.

Very much an over-rated albums in progressive terms , this album is still quite enjoyable.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#22811) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars This album introduced the post-Jukka Gustavson line-up of this band, and this record is hailed by many fans as their best. It was warmly welcomed by listeners and critics, and I admit that it has it strengths: Jim Pembroke's professional songwriting talents and skillful musicians. As the record was also greeted warmly in England, this made a special impression to the Finnish fans, as our people are often troubled how our nation is represented abroad. What maybe little troubles me here is the feeling of unbearable lightness of being lingering over the album. I maybe personal seek more stronger emotions and more freer expression from art music. And when compared to the older material of this band, this isn't as artistic material as that was, but this is more calculated and organized music. Most memorable tunes here are the hit song "Freddie are you ready" and "Pig storm", which they played already on the "Live Music from The Twilwight Zone" album recorded at 1974. If you like classic pop rock, give this album a spin.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#22812) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 31, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I find myself hesitating how to judge this now. I don't remember was it this or the earlier Wigwam I first heard ('89) but anyway I had no problem of "hey, this is pop, not prog" (why should anyone have; you either like or don't like the music, whatever it is labeled). I liked this and most of the other Wigwams too even if they were practically two different bands (Jukka Gustavsson has later become the dearest of the Wigwam relatives, and I also had a Pekka Pohjola season long ago, whereas Jim Pembroke mostly just tires me, so I'd choose the early Wigwam nowadays). Nuclear Nightclub has Pembroke as the leading figure - and at his best maybe - , but I think it's a very solid band effort. Especially Rechardt's guitar gets a lot of attention. Sound is clean, maybe (ok, surely!) a bit overproduced by Pave Maijanen. 'Kite' and 'Save My Money and Name' are very nice songs. Not my favourites anymore, but I kindly agree this is an important landmark in Finnish rock/pop history. In a very different way than "Being", of course... Being quite commercial it's easy to hate by a prog puritan, but it's nevertheless a fine album. Freshness is still there. 3,5*

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#22813) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 08, 2005

Review by Philo
3 stars Often cited as a prog band Wigwam could also be labeled a psyche, pop, and rock guitar band. While not distinctly being any of the above they do have traits of many of the afore mentioned genres and more, but simply categorising Wigwam a prog band is too limiting and also off the mark. What they do they do very well. The songs are melodic and well composed, tightly structured and arranged while layered with lush and harmonious guitars that are played in sympathy with some strong piano and keyboard work which broadens the soundscapes and give them breath. The songs are never too daunting like some generic prog songs seem to be but are more short, contained and accessible, the characteristics of much of the music is certainly hook based. "Nuclear Nightclub" which opens the album is very much par for the course, but the band get it together with the very rhythmic shuffle of album ender and instrumental track "Pig Storm" while in between they entertain with some laid back and melodic rock including "Freddie Are You Ready", a very catchy number, and "Do Or Die". The album is consistent and so is the musicianship, a decent album from one of Finland's finer rock bands.

Send comments to Philo (BETA) | Report this review (#22814) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2005

3 stars I had mentioned in my review of WIGWAM's "Being" album that I wasn't surprised that Pembroke, Pohjola and Gustavson stayed together for only two albums ("Fairyport" & "Being"). Any one of these three men had the talent and composing skills to lead this band on their own. So yeah three was a crowd. The surprising thing was that the two best composers Gusatavson and Pohjola left, leaving Pembroke (unfortunately) who was more inclined to write lighter, more commercial tracks. Don't get me wrong, Jim Pembroke is a talented musician, but as a progressive music fan I just prefered the styles of the other two.They brought in a guitarist who helped as well with the writing of the songs and a new bass player. Also a guest keyboardist was brought in to more or less take Gustavson's place.

"Nucleur Nightclub" is surprisingly folky and light. Not really a fan of this one. "Freddie Are You Ready" opens with drums and synths as vocals come in. It turns silly with what sounds like xylophone a minute in.Themes are repeated. I do like the instrumental break before 3 1/2 minutes. "Bless Your Lucky Stars" is an interesting track with processed vocals and guitar. Drums and synths are also prominant.The guitar makes some noise around 5 minutes. "Kite" opens with spacey synths before it settles with vocals.The guitar 2 minutes in goes on and on. Nice.

"Do Or Die" is a song that has single written all over it. Very commercial and catchy sounding. "Simple Human Kindness" features a lighter sound including the vocals early. It becomes piano led with normal vocals before synths take over. Some nice guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. "Save My Money And My Name" is a straight forward, commercial sounding track. "Pig Storm" is the closing instrumental that was written by the guitarist.This is more aggressive with lots of guitar.

Sure there are some good songs here, but this album pales in my opinion to "Being" and "Fairyport".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#201475) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2009

5 stars It was magical moment when I first heard Nuclear Nightclub on radio. Wigwams music was something fresh and genious. And it was not copy of some english bands, it got it´s own style but music could compare to bands like Yes and Genesis att their best. This album was and is a jackpot, brilliant ... (read more)

Report this review (#22810) | Posted by | Friday, January 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the best nordic bands. Unfortunately Punk was the next new thing when Wigwam stood on the brink of international sucsess. This is a record in what I would describe as the classic prog style yet with a slithly above average musicmanship. "Freddy are you ready" is just a great song that m ... (read more)

Report this review (#22808) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 31, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WIGWAM "Nuclear Nightclub"