NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB

Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy WIGWAM Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Nuclear nightclub (2:45)
2. Freddie are you ready (5:36)
3. Bless your lucky stars (5:58)
4. Kite (4:15)
5. Do or die (5:03)
6. Simple human kindness (4:02)
7. Save my money and my name (4:07)
8. Pig storm (4:39)

Bonus Tracks:
9. Do Or Die (5:40)
10. Simple Human Kindness (4:08)
11. Freddie Are You Ready (5:47)
12. Bless your Lucky Stars (6:11)

Search WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub lyrics

+ Esa Kotilainen / keyboards
- Paavo Maijanen / backing vocals

LP: Love Records LRLP 129 (1975) / Cd. Love / Siboney LRCD 129 (Remastered
2000)

WIGWAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Music

Live Music From the Twilight ZoneLive Music From the Twilight Zone
ESOTERIC 2010
Dark AlbumDark Album
Wigwam. Nuclear Nightclub 1975 Vinyl LP EX US $15.29 [5 bids]
WIGWAM-TOMBSTONE VALENTINE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Bob Dylan Wigwam / Copper Kettle Vinyl 45 RPM US $9.75 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Bob Dylan ' Copper Kettle' / Wigwam 45 US $6.97 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Wigwam - The Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose - Virgin 2051 - Embossed Cover US $45.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Jukka Tolonen - Silva The Cat 12EP Finland SEALED 2002 Wigwam Tasavallan Pres US $10.00 [0 bids]
WIGWAM ? NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB ? EX orig 1975 Virgin UK ? Finland Love prog monster US $60.00 Buy It Now 13h 5m
JOHNNY PEARSON-WIGWAM.UK LOUNGE/FUNK PSYCH.KPM LIBRARY.SMOKE RITUAL US $14.99 [0 bids]
'THE WIGWAM ON THE PRAIRIE' Vintage Sheet music, W STEWART RODDIE US $25.73 Buy It Now 16h 14m
ROYAL CHORAL SOCIETY And he rushed into the wigwam 12" 78 HMV C2212 US $20.89 Buy It Now 17h 15m
ROYAL CHORAL SOCIETY In the wigwam with Nokomis 12" 78 HMV C2211 US $20.89 Buy It Now 17h 15m
WIGWAM-HARD N' HORNY-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP SHM CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Wigwam - Fairyport CD MARQUEE IN US $78.65 Buy It Now 17h 32m
CAT STEVENS MORNING HAS BROKEN /I WANT TO LIVE IN A WIGWAM VG COND. w/ PS 45 RPM US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Go-Kart Mozart - Instant Wigwam and Igloo Mixture - BRUM1CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Wigwam - Being - ECLEC2183 US $16.93 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Zone - ECLEC2185 US $16.93 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Wigwam - Fairyport - ECLEC2182 US $16.93 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub - ECLEC2174 US $16.93 Buy It Now 18h 52m
BOB DYLAN 'WigWam' 1970 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $11.24 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Z (NEW CD) US $18.88 Buy It Now 19h
RARE FRENCH SP BOB DYLAN WIGWAM US $5.99 [1 bids]
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub (NEW CD) US $18.88 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Go Kart Mozart - Instant Wigwam & And Igl (NEW CD) US $18.88 Buy It Now 20h 30m
BOB DYLAN MONO FRANCE PS 7" SINGLE (LANGUETTE) WIGWAM / COPPER KETTLE CBS5122 US $25.72 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine - ECLEC2372 US $16.93 Buy It Now 23h 17m
Wigwam-Tombstone Valentine Finnish prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 23h 19m
Wigwam-Hard n' Horny Finnish prog cd US $23.99 Buy It Now 23h 19m
PEKKA POHJOLA urban tango LP EX breakthru 1983 wigwam unisono orrenmaa band US $9.99 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan 45 "Wigwam / Copper Kettle (The Pale Moonlight)" US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1975 PROG ROCK ORIGINAL RARE YUGOSLAVIAN US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE CARAVELLI ORCHESTRA BY REQUEST THE HIT WIGWAM PETERS INT 1977 STILL SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Prog-Rock Wigwam/Pekka Pohjola/MIKE OLDFIELD "The Consequences Of Indecision" LP US $5.83 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan - Wigwam/Copper Kettle - Dutch Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAT STEVENS 45 RPM "Morning Has Broken" & "I Want to Live in a Wigwam" VG+ cond. US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(CAT STEVENS-Morning Has Broken/I Want to Live in a Wigwam)-I4-7 US $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
JORN Traveller + 1 JAPAN CD 2013 Europe's #1 vocalist Jorn Lande ! Wigwam member US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM (FINLAND) - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB [BONUS LIVE TRACKS] - NEW CD US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
1970 Bob Dylan WigWam / Copper Kettle 1st ORIG Columbia 4-45199 45 rpm NM Vinyl US $9.28 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - FAIRYPORT (IMPORT) NEW CD US $87.03 Buy It Now 1 day
DYLAN, Bob - Wigwam (Record Store Day) - 7" US $18.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Dylan wigwam rsd vinyl ,45RPM ,AMERICAN ,SINGLE (7-INCH) US $19.28 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - BEING [WIGWAM] - NEW CD US $18.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Dylan Wigwam 7 Record Store Day 2013 (NEW SEALED) US $16.07 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Z NEW CD US $15.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub NEW CD US $15.66 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam The Lucky Golden UK Promo Label Vinyl LP Poster US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam - Hard N Horny JPN Jmlp Shm CD US $60.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Cat Stevens 45 rpm, Morning Has Broken/I Wanna Live in a Wigwam** US $4.39 [0 bids]
Wigwam-The Lucky Golden Stripes Finnish prog cd US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WIGWAM - LIVE MUSIC FROM THE TWILIGHT ZONE [5013929728523] - NEW CD US $18.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Uncut - Fill Your Head With Prog - The Rice, Wigwam, White Noise etc - music cd US $12.79 Buy It Now 2 days
7" vinyl Bob Dylan cover version NINI ROSSO "WIGWAM" US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose by Wigwam (Finland) (CD, Jan-2010, Esot... US $18.79 Buy It Now 2 days
(CD) WIGWAM - Nuclear Nightclub / Digipak / Japan Import US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARL PHILLIPS WIGWAM WILLIE / WALKIN BLUES BOBBIN 13488 ROCKABILLY US $19.99 [0 bids]
WIGWAM - TOMBSTONE VALENTINE - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $31.86 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN Copper Kettle/Wigwam 45 NM NOS COLUMBIA US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN 45 Col 45199 WIGWAM Copper Kettle Pale Moonli EX (45s-1458) US $6.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Woody Herman - Woodchopper's Ball & Big-Wig in the Wigwam / Decca 10" 78 US $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN - Wigwam / Thirsty Boots - (2013 RSD Limited Edition Vinyl 7" 45) US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
CAT STEVENS-Morning Has Broken/I Want To Live In A Wigwam UK 7" VG Cond US $4.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Fresh Garbage Rarities 1969-77 - Wigwam New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $32.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Cat Stevens 45 "Morning Has Broken / I Want To Live In A Wigwam" US $3.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Late Ancients - Songs From The Wigwam [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 4 days
GO-KART MOZART Instant Wigwam w/poster NM LP FELT DENIM rare vinyl US $170.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine [CD New] US $21.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Woody Herman WOODCHOPPER'S BALL / BIG WIG IN THE WIGWAM 78 RPM US $1.49 [0 bids]
WIGWAM One Star Awake CD 5 Track UK Peace Corps 2002 US $14.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Wigwam - Wig Wam Remixes (CDs) 4 Tracks - Mint/New - Fast Postage US $16.07 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM - TOMBSTONE VALENTINE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $26.09 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Hard N Horny [CD New] US $60.43 Buy It Now 5 days
Bob Dylan - Wigwam (demo)/Thirsty Boots - 2013 RSD? Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $12.99 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Live Music From The Twilight Z NEW CD US $17.63 Buy It Now 5 days
JIMMY THE WIGWAM NEW CD US $14.21 Buy It Now 5 days
CAT STEVENS 7"Single Morning Has Broken/I Want To Live In A Wigwam, EX+ US $11.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub CD ESOTERIC US $28.70 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub CD LOVE RECOR US $15.79 Buy It Now 5 days
LATE ANCIENTS - SONGS FROM THE WIGWAM NEW CD US $19.60 Buy It Now 5 days
Bob Dylan Bob Dylan Wigwam/ Thirsty Boots RSD Exclusive 7" Vinyl Release 45 RPM US $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
1970'S Newspaper Clipping : Wigwam, Start of the Finnish US $9.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Poster Size Advert 15x12 Wigwam : Freddie Are You Ready Single US $19.30 Buy It Now 5 days
CARL PHILLIPS - WIGWAM WILLIE / WALKIN' BLUES - KILLER ROCKABILLY REPRO TWINSPIN US $11.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Cat Stevens Morning has broken/I want to live in a wigwam 7" vinyl A US $5.06 Buy It Now 5 days
GO -KART MOZART - INSTANT WIGWAM & IGLOO MIXTURE NEW CD US $33.30 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam - Rumours on the Rebound 2LP UK Virgin Records/Finnish Prog Rock EX US $55.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Backbeats - The Backbeats - 7" EP - WigWam - [A] US $3.20 [1 bids]
Wigwam [CD New] US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam - Fairyport (CD 2010) BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $17.98 Buy It Now 6 days
45 - Columbia Records - Bob Dylan - Copper Kettle/Wigwam US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM - Wigwam - 1st CD single US $6.82 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM - Wigwam - 2nd CD single US $6.72 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB VINYL LP RECORD 12" US $35.18 Buy It Now 6 days
The Westmoreland-For Life's History-1988 Wigwam EP-New, Still Sealed-Boston Band US $15.99 [0 bids]
WIGWAM-BEING-CD(1974)REMASTERED-PEKKA POHJOLA US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BOB DYLAN - Wigwam/Copper Kettle US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BOB DYLAN - Copper Kettle/Wigwam US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1975 PROG ROCK ORIGINAL RARE EXYUGO LP US $159.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose Finland Prog Japan Vinyl LP Obi Insert US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam - Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose BONUS TRACKS - BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy WIGWAM music online Buy WIGWAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WIGWAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub ratings distribution

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub reviews

Review by Certif1ed
1 stars I didn't like it...

I bought this twenty odd years ago on a friends recommendation and tried to get into it several times - however I could find nothing remotely good in it, and certainly no prog. The textures are weak, there's no direction, the vocals are poor, the melodies are non- existent, it's rhythmically uninteresting and technically as challenging as play-dough.

The worst piece of vinyl I ever bought; I exchanged it this weekend after a final desparate run-through in a vain attempt to prove to myself that there actually is some good music here, because others have found it...

I tried, but I failed. I couldn't bear to keep it on the platter and only just resisted the urge to hurl it across the street.

Send comments to Certif1ed (BETA) | Report this review (#22809) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars (fifth in a series of seven)

3.5 stars really! However, progheads , be careful with this one. Cert1fied's view is much exagerated IMO , but this is hardly a masterpiece much even less prog. The departure of Gustavson and his jazzy-bluesih influences changes the sound dramatically and the fact that Pohjola also left with his classical and jazzy influences , this leaves Pembroke alone at the driving wheel. Groundstroem of Tasavallan Presidentii (now defunct) comes in on bass and Recchart comes in on guitar something clearly lacking in their two conceptual works , Fairyport and Being.

Well I suppose one could call it with progressive leanings but this is melodic folk rock, not far away from mainstream. This musical direction had been hinted in their first two albums but somehow as Jim Pembroke had not really written much in Fairyport or Being, here he gets the major load with new guitarist Recchart - one must point out that both of the main contributor to those previous albums had left: Pohjola for a solo career and Gustavson to find God. The sound then returns towards a countryish rock much like CS&N on the opening tracks and stays within that typical AOR-MOR of mid-70's FM rock. Highlight is Lucky Stars , and the cover artwork is supplied by original bassist Hulden.

Very much an over-rated albums in progressive terms , this album is still quite enjoyable.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#22811) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars This album introduced the post-Jukka Gustavson line-up of this band, and this record is hailed by many fans as their best. It was warmly welcomed by listeners and critics, and I admit that it has it strengths: Jim Pembroke's professional songwriting talents and skillful musicians. As the record was also greeted warmly in England, this made a special impression to the Finnish fans, as our people are often troubled how our nation is represented abroad. What maybe little troubles me here is the feeling of unbearable lightness of being lingering over the album. I maybe personal seek more stronger emotions and more freer expression from art music. And when compared to the older material of this band, this isn't as artistic material as that was, but this is more calculated and organized music. Most memorable tunes here are the hit song "Freddie are you ready" and "Pig storm", which they played already on the "Live Music from The Twilwight Zone" album recorded at 1974. If you like classic pop rock, give this album a spin.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#22812) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 31, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I find myself hesitating how to judge this now. I don't remember was it this or the earlier Wigwam I first heard ('89) but anyway I had no problem of "hey, this is pop, not prog" (why should anyone have; you either like or don't like the music, whatever it is labeled). I liked this and most of the other Wigwams too even if they were practically two different bands (Jukka Gustavsson has later become the dearest of the Wigwam relatives, and I also had a Pekka Pohjola season long ago, whereas Jim Pembroke mostly just tires me, so I'd choose the early Wigwam nowadays). Nuclear Nightclub has Pembroke as the leading figure - and at his best maybe - , but I think it's a very solid band effort. Especially Rechardt's guitar gets a lot of attention. Sound is clean, maybe (ok, surely!) a bit overproduced by Pave Maijanen. 'Kite' and 'Save My Money and Name' are very nice songs. Not my favourites anymore, but I kindly agree this is an important landmark in Finnish rock/pop history. In a very different way than "Being", of course... Being quite commercial it's easy to hate by a prog puritan, but it's nevertheless a fine album. Freshness is still there. 3,5*

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#22813) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 08, 2005

Review by Philo
3 stars Often cited as a prog band Wigwam could also be labeled a psyche, pop, and rock guitar band. While not distinctly being any of the above they do have traits of many of the afore mentioned genres and more, but simply categorising Wigwam a prog band is too limiting and also off the mark. What they do they do very well. The songs are melodic and well composed, tightly structured and arranged while layered with lush and harmonious guitars that are played in sympathy with some strong piano and keyboard work which broadens the soundscapes and give them breath. The songs are never too daunting like some generic prog songs seem to be but are more short, contained and accessible, the characteristics of much of the music is certainly hook based. "Nuclear Nightclub" which opens the album is very much par for the course, but the band get it together with the very rhythmic shuffle of album ender and instrumental track "Pig Storm" while in between they entertain with some laid back and melodic rock including "Freddie Are You Ready", a very catchy number, and "Do Or Die". The album is consistent and so is the musicianship, a decent album from one of Finland's finer rock bands.

Send comments to Philo (BETA) | Report this review (#22814) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2005

3 stars I had mentioned in my review of WIGWAM's "Being" album that I wasn't surprised that Pembroke, Pohjola and Gustavson stayed together for only two albums ("Fairyport" & "Being"). Any one of these three men had the talent and composing skills to lead this band on their own. So yeah three was a crowd. The surprising thing was that the two best composers Gusatavson and Pohjola left, leaving Pembroke (unfortunately) who was more inclined to write lighter, more commercial tracks. Don't get me wrong, Jim Pembroke is a talented musician, but as a progressive music fan I just prefered the styles of the other two.They brought in a guitarist who helped as well with the writing of the songs and a new bass player. Also a guest keyboardist was brought in to more or less take Gustavson's place.

"Nucleur Nightclub" is surprisingly folky and light. Not really a fan of this one. "Freddie Are You Ready" opens with drums and synths as vocals come in. It turns silly with what sounds like xylophone a minute in.Themes are repeated. I do like the instrumental break before 3 1/2 minutes. "Bless Your Lucky Stars" is an interesting track with processed vocals and guitar. Drums and synths are also prominant.The guitar makes some noise around 5 minutes. "Kite" opens with spacey synths before it settles with vocals.The guitar 2 minutes in goes on and on. Nice.

"Do Or Die" is a song that has single written all over it. Very commercial and catchy sounding. "Simple Human Kindness" features a lighter sound including the vocals early. It becomes piano led with normal vocals before synths take over. Some nice guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. "Save My Money And My Name" is a straight forward, commercial sounding track. "Pig Storm" is the closing instrumental that was written by the guitarist.This is more aggressive with lots of guitar.

Sure there are some good songs here, but this album pales in my opinion to "Being" and "Fairyport".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#201475) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2009

5 stars It was magical moment when I first heard Nuclear Nightclub on radio. Wigwams music was something fresh and genious. And it was not copy of some english bands, it got it´s own style but music could compare to bands like Yes and Genesis att their best. This album was and is a jackpot, brilliant ... (read more)

Report this review (#22810) | Posted by | Friday, January 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the best nordic bands. Unfortunately Punk was the next new thing when Wigwam stood on the brink of international sucsess. This is a record in what I would describe as the classic prog style yet with a slithly above average musicmanship. "Freddy are you ready" is just a great song that m ... (read more)

Report this review (#22808) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 31, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WIGWAM "Nuclear Nightclub"