NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB

Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy WIGWAM Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Nuclear nightclub (2:45)
2. Freddie are you ready (5:36)
3. Bless your lucky stars (5:58)
4. Kite (4:15)
5. Do or die (5:03)
6. Simple human kindness (4:02)
7. Save my money and my name (4:07)
8. Pig storm (4:39)

Bonus Tracks:
9. Do Or Die (5:40)
10. Simple Human Kindness (4:08)
11. Freddie Are You Ready (5:47)
12. Bless your Lucky Stars (6:11)

Search WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub lyrics

+ Esa Kotilainen / keyboards
- Paavo Maijanen / backing vocals

LP: Love Records LRLP 129 (1975) / Cd. Love / Siboney LRCD 129 (Remastered
2000)

WIGWAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Music

Nuclear NightclubNuclear Nightclub
Imports 2007
Nuclear NightclubNuclear Nightclub
Virgin
Vinyl$28.49 (used)
Nuclear Nightclub by WigwamNuclear Nightclub by Wigwam
Imports
Nuclear Nightclub by Wigwam (2010-02-23)Nuclear Nightclub by Wigwam (2010-02-23)
ESOTERIC
WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub LP 8 Track Sleeve Has Sticker Tear To Front UK Virgin USD $22.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub + 7 Japan Mini LP CD OBI w Promo OBI Sealed Copy PROG USD $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Nuclear Nightclub by Wigwam (Finland) (CD, Jan-2010, Esoteric Records) USD $17.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam - "Nuclear Night Club" USD $41.58 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB JAPAN USD $79.99 Buy It Now 5 days
6982 Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Ex Con USD $37.91 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub V 2035 UK 1975 Virgin SLEEVE ONLY SLEEVE ONLY USD $6.05 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM-NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI USD $134.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Nuclear Nightclub - Wigwam CD USD $10.60 Buy It Now 9 days
SEALED ORIGINAL / WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB LP UK IMPORT V2035 NM USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB + 7 BONUS TRACKS DGTR CD JEWEL CASE USD $10.79 Buy It Now 11 days
Wigwam ex UK promo 7 Tram Driver / Nuclear Nightclub USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Japan Promo White Label Vinyl LP with OBI PROG USD $99.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Japan Original Vinyl LP in 1975 PROG USD $69.99 Buy It Now 12 days
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB FINNISH PROG LP LOVE LABEL USD $80.00 Buy It Now 15 days
WIGWAM / NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1978 VIRGIN JAPAN LP w/ OBI USD $79.99 Buy It Now 15 days
WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub + 7 BONUS Trks JAPAN Mini LP CD WAS-1069 Orig 2005 USD $53.99 Buy It Now 15 days
WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub JAPAN Mini CD 2005 Near Mint ! Free & Safe Shipping !! USD $36.75 Buy It Now 17 days
WIGWAM / Nuclear Nightclub JAPAN Mini LP CD w/OBI WAS-1069 USD $54.50 Buy It Now 17 days
Nuclear Nightclub (UK 1975) by Wigwam USD $37.93 Buy It Now 20 days
28/6/75Pgn44 Wigwam- Nuclear Nightclub Album Advert 15x10 USD $19.71 Buy It Now 20 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1975 PROG ROCK ORIGINAL RARE EXYUGO LP USD $159.99 Buy It Now 22 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB LP ON VIRGIN RECORDS V 2035 EXC SHAPE IN SHRINK NICE! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 22 days
WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Finnish Love label Prog lp USD $44.99 Buy It Now 22 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1975 PROG ROCK ORIGINAL RARE YUGOSLAVIAN USD $99.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Nuclear Nightclub - Wigwam (2010, CD New) USD $15.88 Buy It Now 23 days
WIGWAM ; NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB CD, REMastered 24-bit (1975) USD $22.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub [CD New] USD $17.40 Buy It Now 23 days
WIGWAM - NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB NEW CD USD $34.66 Buy It Now 23 days
CD-Wigwam-Nuclear Nightclub~'75 finnish~Prog psych USD $15.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub CD ESOTERIC USD $28.89 Buy It Now 24 days
WIGWAM Tram Driver / Nuclear Nightclub Uk Virgin single USD $14.99 Buy It Now 25 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB RARE ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS 1975 EX+/EX USD $49.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub prog virgin v2035 NM Original Vinyl LP A3U/B1U RARE '75 USD $79.00 Buy It Now 27 days
PROMO WHITE LABEL / WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB / NM MINT- USD $119.99 Buy It Now 28 days
WIGWAM nuclear nightclub japan MINI LP CD sealed USD $69.99 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy WIGWAM music online Buy WIGWAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WIGWAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub ratings distribution

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub reviews

Review by Certif1ed
1 stars I didn't like it...

I bought this twenty odd years ago on a friends recommendation and tried to get into it several times - however I could find nothing remotely good in it, and certainly no prog. The textures are weak, there's no direction, the vocals are poor, the melodies are non- existent, it's rhythmically uninteresting and technically as challenging as play-dough.

The worst piece of vinyl I ever bought; I exchanged it this weekend after a final desparate run-through in a vain attempt to prove to myself that there actually is some good music here, because others have found it...

I tried, but I failed. I couldn't bear to keep it on the platter and only just resisted the urge to hurl it across the street.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars (fifth in a series of seven)

3.5 stars really! However, progheads , be careful with this one. Cert1fied's view is much exagerated IMO , but this is hardly a masterpiece much even less prog. The departure of Gustavson and his jazzy-bluesih influences changes the sound dramatically and the fact that Pohjola also left with his classical and jazzy influences , this leaves Pembroke alone at the driving wheel. Groundstroem of Tasavallan Presidentii (now defunct) comes in on bass and Recchart comes in on guitar something clearly lacking in their two conceptual works , Fairyport and Being.

Well I suppose one could call it with progressive leanings but this is melodic folk rock, not far away from mainstream. This musical direction had been hinted in their first two albums but somehow as Jim Pembroke had not really written much in Fairyport or Being, here he gets the major load with new guitarist Recchart - one must point out that both of the main contributor to those previous albums had left: Pohjola for a solo career and Gustavson to find God. The sound then returns towards a countryish rock much like CS&N on the opening tracks and stays within that typical AOR-MOR of mid-70's FM rock. Highlight is Lucky Stars , and the cover artwork is supplied by original bassist Hulden.

Very much an over-rated albums in progressive terms , this album is still quite enjoyable.

Review by Eetu Pellonpaa
3 stars This album introduced the post-Jukka Gustavson line-up of this band, and this record is hailed by many fans as their best. It was warmly welcomed by listeners and critics, and I admit that it has it strengths: Jim Pembroke's professional songwriting talents and skillful musicians. As the record was also greeted warmly in England, this made a special impression to the Finnish fans, as our people are often troubled how our nation is represented abroad. What maybe little troubles me here is the feeling of unbearable lightness of being lingering over the album. I maybe personal seek more stronger emotions and more freer expression from art music. And when compared to the older material of this band, this isn't as artistic material as that was, but this is more calculated and organized music. Most memorable tunes here are the hit song "Freddie are you ready" and "Pig storm", which they played already on the "Live Music from The Twilwight Zone" album recorded at 1974. If you like classic pop rock, give this album a spin.

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I find myself hesitating how to judge this now. I don't remember was it this or the earlier Wigwam I first heard ('89) but anyway I had no problem of "hey, this is pop, not prog" (why should anyone have; you either like or don't like the music, whatever it is labeled). I liked this and most of the other Wigwams too even if they were practically two different bands (Jukka Gustavsson has later become the dearest of the Wigwam relatives, and I also had a Pekka Pohjola season long ago, whereas Jim Pembroke mostly just tires me, so I'd choose the early Wigwam nowadays). Nuclear Nightclub has Pembroke as the leading figure - and at his best maybe - , but I think it's a very solid band effort. Especially Rechardt's guitar gets a lot of attention. Sound is clean, maybe (ok, surely!) a bit overproduced by Pave Maijanen. 'Kite' and 'Save My Money and Name' are very nice songs. Not my favourites anymore, but I kindly agree this is an important landmark in Finnish rock/pop history. In a very different way than "Being", of course... Being quite commercial it's easy to hate by a prog puritan, but it's nevertheless a fine album. Freshness is still there. 3,5*

Review by Philo
3 stars Often cited as a prog band Wigwam could also be labeled a psyche, pop, and rock guitar band. While not distinctly being any of the above they do have traits of many of the afore mentioned genres and more, but simply categorising Wigwam a prog band is too limiting and also off the mark. What they do they do very well. The songs are melodic and well composed, tightly structured and arranged while layered with lush and harmonious guitars that are played in sympathy with some strong piano and keyboard work which broadens the soundscapes and give them breath. The songs are never too daunting like some generic prog songs seem to be but are more short, contained and accessible, the characteristics of much of the music is certainly hook based. "Nuclear Nightclub" which opens the album is very much par for the course, but the band get it together with the very rhythmic shuffle of album ender and instrumental track "Pig Storm" while in between they entertain with some laid back and melodic rock including "Freddie Are You Ready", a very catchy number, and "Do Or Die". The album is consistent and so is the musicianship, a decent album from one of Finland's finer rock bands.

3 stars I had mentioned in my review of WIGWAM's "Being" album that I wasn't surprised that Pembroke, Pohjola and Gustavson stayed together for only two albums ("Fairyport" & "Being"). Any one of these three men had the talent and composing skills to lead this band on their own. So yeah three was a crowd. The surprising thing was that the two best composers Gusatavson and Pohjola left, leaving Pembroke (unfortunately) who was more inclined to write lighter, more commercial tracks. Don't get me wrong, Jim Pembroke is a talented musician, but as a progressive music fan I just prefered the styles of the other two.They brought in a guitarist who helped as well with the writing of the songs and a new bass player. Also a guest keyboardist was brought in to more or less take Gustavson's place.

"Nucleur Nightclub" is surprisingly folky and light. Not really a fan of this one. "Freddie Are You Ready" opens with drums and synths as vocals come in. It turns silly with what sounds like xylophone a minute in.Themes are repeated. I do like the instrumental break before 3 1/2 minutes. "Bless Your Lucky Stars" is an interesting track with processed vocals and guitar. Drums and synths are also prominant.The guitar makes some noise around 5 minutes. "Kite" opens with spacey synths before it settles with vocals.The guitar 2 minutes in goes on and on. Nice.

"Do Or Die" is a song that has single written all over it. Very commercial and catchy sounding. "Simple Human Kindness" features a lighter sound including the vocals early. It becomes piano led with normal vocals before synths take over. Some nice guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. "Save My Money And My Name" is a straight forward, commercial sounding track. "Pig Storm" is the closing instrumental that was written by the guitarist.This is more aggressive with lots of guitar.

Sure there are some good songs here, but this album pales in my opinion to "Being" and "Fairyport".

5 stars It was magical moment when I first heard Nuclear Nightclub on radio. Wigwams music was something fresh and genious. And it was not copy of some english bands, it got it┤s own style but music could compare to bands like Yes and Genesis att their best. This album was and is a jackpot, brilliant ... (read more)

Report this review (#22810) | Posted by | Friday, January 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the best nordic bands. Unfortunately Punk was the next new thing when Wigwam stood on the brink of international sucsess. This is a record in what I would describe as the classic prog style yet with a slithly above average musicmanship. "Freddy are you ready" is just a great song that m ... (read more)

Report this review (#22808) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 31, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WIGWAM "Nuclear Nightclub"