NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB

Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy WIGWAM Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Nuclear nightclub (2:45)
2. Freddie are you ready (5:36)
3. Bless your lucky stars (5:58)
4. Kite (4:15)
5. Do or die (5:03)
6. Simple human kindness (4:02)
7. Save my money and my name (4:07)
8. Pig storm (4:39)

Bonus Tracks:
9. Do Or Die (5:40)
10. Simple Human Kindness (4:08)
11. Freddie Are You Ready (5:47)
12. Bless your Lucky Stars (6:11)

Search WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub lyrics

+ Esa Kotilainen / keyboards
- Paavo Maijanen / backing vocals

LP: Love Records LRLP 129 (1975) / Cd. Love / Siboney LRCD 129 (Remastered
2000)

WIGWAM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Music

HighlightsHighlights
Imports 2003
Fresh Garbage Rarities 1969-77Fresh Garbage Rarities 1969-77
Imports 2007
Wigwam - Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose BONUS TRACKS - BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 52m 59s
Wigwam-Lucky Golden Stripes And Starpose-1976-Virgin V 2051-UK Pressing US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub Finnish Prog / Psych V2035 matrix A3U- B1ZU etchi Rare US $60.00 Buy It Now 5h 10m
JOSEPH SAMUELS' ORCH. -- ACTUELLE 020457 - WIGWAM & MISSISSIPPI SHORE US $9.99 [0 bids]
WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub Finnish Love label Prog lp US $44.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
WIGWAM - Lucky Golden - 1976 UK LP w/Poster - EX/Mint- US $49.98 Buy It Now 8h 9m
BOB DYLAN Wigwam USA 7" w/PS Still Sealed Singer Songwriter US $17.74 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Wigwam - Record Store Day Bob Dylan UK 7" vinyl single record 88765492357 SONY US $33.96 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Live Music from the Twilight Zone by Wigwam (Finland... US $16.35 Buy It Now 18h 22m
JUKKA GUSTAVSON-TODEN TOISTOA-CD (1981)WIGWAM US $22.99 Buy It Now 20h 32m
Wigwam 2-CD single (Double CD single) Wigwam UK DHARMA9CD1/CD2 INSTANT KARMA US $11.95 Buy It Now 21h 55m
WIGWAM ; NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB CD, REMastered 24-bit (1975) US $22.99 Buy It Now 22h 28m
JUKKA GUSTAVSON:BETWEEN FIRE AND ICE CD (2003) WIGWAM US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB DYLAN WIGWAM cbs Dutch rare p/s 45 EX US $33.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock 45 Bob Dylan - Wigwam / Copper Kettle On Columbia US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock 45 Cat Stevens - I Want To Live In A Wigwam / Morning Has Broken On A US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM - LUCKY GOLDEN STRIPES & STARPOSE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $20.05 Buy It Now 1 day
WIGWAM-LUCKY GOLDEN STRIPES & STARPOSE (HOL) CD NEW US $16.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Woody Herman WOODCHOPPER'S BALL / BIG WIG IN THE WIGWAM 78 RPM US $1.89 [0 bids]
JIM PEMBROKE LOVE RECORDS 92 PROG ROCK WIGWAM BEING LP JUKKA GUSTAVSON US $33.00 [6 bids]
JIM PEMBROKE PIGWORM LOVE RECORDS 103 PSYCH POP ROCK WIGWAM OUTSIDER GENIUS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Go Kart Mozart - Instant Wigwam And Igl NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam - Fairyport NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam - Being NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine NEW CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigwam - Lucky Golden Stripes & Starpose [CD New] US $15.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam - Being -- Svart 2lp Reissue Limited Black Vinyl US $33.00 Buy It Now 2 days
bob dylan -wigwam 7" sealed US $15.25 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN Wigwam / Copper Kettle US $3.50 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan Columbia 45 Record #45199 VG+ Copper Kettle / Wigwam US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
(BD185) Wigwam, One Star Awake - 2002 CD US $9.55 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM RECORD SINGLE BOB DYLAN WIGWAM COPPER KETTLE COLUMBIA RECORDS US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-Wigwam-Being~'74 finnish~Prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-Wigwam-Nuclear Nightclub~'75 finnish~Prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-Wigwam-The Lucky Golden Stripes and starpose~'75 finnish~Prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-Wigwam-Tombstone Valentine~'70 finnish~Prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BOB DYLAN MONO FRANCE PS 7" SINGLE (LANGUETTE) WIGWAM / COPPER KETTLE CBS5122 US $26.57 [0 bids]
SWEET 2TH THE WIGWAM-WILLY MIX 1985 FUNNY FUNNY/COCO/THE SIXTEENS VINYL LP US $14.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Jim Pembroke Party Upstairs LP Wigwam + Press Kit Johanna JHN 2039 Finland Vinyl US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jim Pembroke Band / Flat Broke Finland LP Wigwam Parlophone 9C 062-38389 Prog US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jim Pembroke / Corporal Cauliflowers Mental Function Wigwam LP Love Records US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pekka Pohjola / Everyman LP Wigwam Prog Jokamies Breakthru Records BRS 2 Vinyl US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Pekka Pohjola Mathematician's Air Display LP Wigwam Prog Virgin V 2084 Vinyl US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam / Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose Vinyl Prog LP Love Records LRLP 166 US $44.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Wigwam / Dark Album Insert Vinyl LP Love Records LRLP 227 Finland Prog US $124.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam Lucky Golden Stripes & Starpose LP Embossed + Insert Virgin V2051 Prog US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam / Nuclear Nightclub LP Love Records LRLP 129 Finland Prog Vinyl Psych US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM-TOMBSTONE VALENTINE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM - FAIRYPORT [WIGWAM] - NEW CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Being by Wigwam (Finland) (CD, Mar-2010, Esoteric Records) BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $17.98 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN Wigwam DUTCH 7"PS 1970 US $15.99 [0 bids]
BOB DYLAN Wigwam SPAIN 7"PS 1970 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine NEW CD US $18.44 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM Tombstone Valentine orig 1970 Finnish prog U.S. promo 2 lp Verve Pekka US $33.00 [2 bids]
Cat Stevens 45 rpm, Morning Has Broken/I Wanna Live in a Wigwam** US $4.66 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Being (NEW CD) US $19.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Wigwam - Fairyport (NEW CD) US $19.51 Buy It Now 3 days
WIGWAM-HARD N' HORNY-JAPAN Ltd.Ed MINI LP SHM CD 0512 Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BOB DYLAN WIGWAM THIRSTY BOOTS 7" 45 RPM VINYL LIMITED RSD 2013 NEW US $16.99 [0 bids]
Rock NM! 45 CAT STEVENS I Want To Live In A Wigwam on A&M US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Bob Dylan - Wigwam/Copper Kettle - UK CBS Demo Pressing US $8.29 [1 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL / WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB / NM MINT- US $119.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Wigwam - Hard N' Horny SHM Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD Sealed NEW US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rare Wigwam Being Japan Import Mini LP Sleeve CD Gatefold SHM-CD Bonus Track NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rare Wigwam - Fairyport Japan Import Mini LP Sleeve 2 CD Gatefold SHM-CD NEW US $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rare Wigwam Live Music From The Twilight Zone Japan Mini LP Sleeve SHM-CD 2 CD US $79.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Wigwam Tombstone Valentine Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD SHM-CD LTD ED Bonus Track NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM Being LP Love Finland 1973 Finnish Prog Psych Original Rare w/ booklet US $279.99 [0 bids]
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine CD LOVE RECOR US $22.86 Buy It Now 4 days
Wigwam - Nuclear Nightclub Hol LP Vinyl Record US $41.90 Buy It Now 4 days
WIGWAM - WIG WAMANIA [WIGWAM] - NEW CD US $24.40 Buy It Now 4 days
NILS-ASLAK VALKEAPAA BEAIVI AHCAZAN 1988 CD SAMI Wigwam Zoviet France US $7.07 [0 bids]
FELT Go-Kart Mozart ?- Instant Wigwam And Igloo Mixture LP MINT UNPLAYED US $6.63 [1 bids]
The Royals - Peace And Love / Wigwam UK orig Mango 7" ?? US $33.21 [1 bids]
CAT STEVENS MORNING HAS BROKEN / I WANT TO LIVE IN A WIGWAM 1973 UK FOLK POP 7" US $1.64 [0 bids]
Bob Dylan - Wigwam (demo)/Thirsty Boots - 2013 RSD? Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
BOB DYLAN--7'-PROMO 45---(COPPER KETTLE/WIGWAM)---VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM, Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose PROMO [Virgin] UK EXCELLENT- LP US $30.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam The Lucky Golden Stripes and Starpose Virgin V 2051 VG+ LP VG+ cover US $19.99 [0 bids]
Wigwam Nuclear Nightclub prog virgin v2035 NM Original Vinyl LP A3U/B1U RARE '75 US $99.00 Buy It Now 5 days
WIGWAM - FAIRYPORT, 2014 FINNISH GREEN vinyl 2LP, REMASTERED, 200 COPIES! SEALED US $43.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Sounds Orchestral - Wigwam - NSPL 41003 - LP #soundsorchestral US $27.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam - Lucky Golden Stripes & Starpose CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 5 days
BOB DYLAN "COPPER KETTLE" / "WIGWAM" 7" 45 NEAR MINT US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam Call Me On Your Telephone b/w Wishful Thinker NM DJ Copy RARE 7" single US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Wigwam Call Me On Your Telephone b/w Wishful Thinker DJ Copy RARE 7" single Prog US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Decca 2440 Big Wig in the Wigwam w Woodchopper's Ball Woody Herman US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Jim Pembroke Band Hard Top Lincoln / Golden Days Wigwam 7" 45 Insanely RARE Prog US $69.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JIM PEMBROKE Pigworm lp Love label Wigwam US $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM GIVE ME SOME LOVE 12" VINYL HOUSE US $10.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Wigwam - Highlights [CD New] US $13.84 Buy It Now 6 days
BOB DYLAN COPPER KETTLE / WIGWAM COLUMBIA 45 RECORD US $6.79 Buy It Now 6 days
WIGWAM - HARD N HORNY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $70.98 Buy It Now 6 days
SWEET - THE WIGWAM-WILLY MIX / THE TEEN-ACTION MIX -12" US $12.99 [0 bids]
Cat Stevens ~I Want To Live In A Wigwam~Morning Has Broken~ 45rpm Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Instant Wigwam And Igloo Mixture, Go Kart Mozart, Very Good CD US $12.94 Buy It Now 7 days
WIGWAM NUCLEAR NIGHTCLUB 1975 PROG ROCK ORIGINAL RARE EXYUGO LP US $163.99 [0 bids]
BOB DYLAN-COLUMBIA 45199 45 STEREO ROCK 45 WIGWAM B/W COPPER KETTLE US $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Go-Kart Mozart Instant Wigwam And UK Original Vinyl LP Felt Lawrence C86 Etienne US $99.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Wigwam - Tombstone Valentine (NEW CD) US $19.09 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy WIGWAM music online Buy WIGWAM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for WIGWAM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub ratings distribution

WIGWAM Nuclear Nightclub reviews

Review by Certif1ed
1 stars I didn't like it...

I bought this twenty odd years ago on a friends recommendation and tried to get into it several times - however I could find nothing remotely good in it, and certainly no prog. The textures are weak, there's no direction, the vocals are poor, the melodies are non- existent, it's rhythmically uninteresting and technically as challenging as play-dough.

The worst piece of vinyl I ever bought; I exchanged it this weekend after a final desparate run-through in a vain attempt to prove to myself that there actually is some good music here, because others have found it...

I tried, but I failed. I couldn't bear to keep it on the platter and only just resisted the urge to hurl it across the street.

Send comments to Certif1ed (BETA) | Report this review (#22809) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars (fifth in a series of seven)

3.5 stars really! However, progheads , be careful with this one. Cert1fied's view is much exagerated IMO , but this is hardly a masterpiece much even less prog. The departure of Gustavson and his jazzy-bluesih influences changes the sound dramatically and the fact that Pohjola also left with his classical and jazzy influences , this leaves Pembroke alone at the driving wheel. Groundstroem of Tasavallan Presidentii (now defunct) comes in on bass and Recchart comes in on guitar something clearly lacking in their two conceptual works , Fairyport and Being.

Well I suppose one could call it with progressive leanings but this is melodic folk rock, not far away from mainstream. This musical direction had been hinted in their first two albums but somehow as Jim Pembroke had not really written much in Fairyport or Being, here he gets the major load with new guitarist Recchart - one must point out that both of the main contributor to those previous albums had left: Pohjola for a solo career and Gustavson to find God. The sound then returns towards a countryish rock much like CS&N on the opening tracks and stays within that typical AOR-MOR of mid-70's FM rock. Highlight is Lucky Stars , and the cover artwork is supplied by original bassist Hulden.

Very much an over-rated albums in progressive terms , this album is still quite enjoyable.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#22811) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars This album introduced the post-Jukka Gustavson line-up of this band, and this record is hailed by many fans as their best. It was warmly welcomed by listeners and critics, and I admit that it has it strengths: Jim Pembroke's professional songwriting talents and skillful musicians. As the record was also greeted warmly in England, this made a special impression to the Finnish fans, as our people are often troubled how our nation is represented abroad. What maybe little troubles me here is the feeling of unbearable lightness of being lingering over the album. I maybe personal seek more stronger emotions and more freer expression from art music. And when compared to the older material of this band, this isn't as artistic material as that was, but this is more calculated and organized music. Most memorable tunes here are the hit song "Freddie are you ready" and "Pig storm", which they played already on the "Live Music from The Twilwight Zone" album recorded at 1974. If you like classic pop rock, give this album a spin.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#22812) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 31, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars I find myself hesitating how to judge this now. I don't remember was it this or the earlier Wigwam I first heard ('89) but anyway I had no problem of "hey, this is pop, not prog" (why should anyone have; you either like or don't like the music, whatever it is labeled). I liked this and most of the other Wigwams too even if they were practically two different bands (Jukka Gustavsson has later become the dearest of the Wigwam relatives, and I also had a Pekka Pohjola season long ago, whereas Jim Pembroke mostly just tires me, so I'd choose the early Wigwam nowadays). Nuclear Nightclub has Pembroke as the leading figure - and at his best maybe - , but I think it's a very solid band effort. Especially Rechardt's guitar gets a lot of attention. Sound is clean, maybe (ok, surely!) a bit overproduced by Pave Maijanen. 'Kite' and 'Save My Money and Name' are very nice songs. Not my favourites anymore, but I kindly agree this is an important landmark in Finnish rock/pop history. In a very different way than "Being", of course... Being quite commercial it's easy to hate by a prog puritan, but it's nevertheless a fine album. Freshness is still there. 3,5*

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#22813) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 08, 2005

Review by Philo
3 stars Often cited as a prog band Wigwam could also be labeled a psyche, pop, and rock guitar band. While not distinctly being any of the above they do have traits of many of the afore mentioned genres and more, but simply categorising Wigwam a prog band is too limiting and also off the mark. What they do they do very well. The songs are melodic and well composed, tightly structured and arranged while layered with lush and harmonious guitars that are played in sympathy with some strong piano and keyboard work which broadens the soundscapes and give them breath. The songs are never too daunting like some generic prog songs seem to be but are more short, contained and accessible, the characteristics of much of the music is certainly hook based. "Nuclear Nightclub" which opens the album is very much par for the course, but the band get it together with the very rhythmic shuffle of album ender and instrumental track "Pig Storm" while in between they entertain with some laid back and melodic rock including "Freddie Are You Ready", a very catchy number, and "Do Or Die". The album is consistent and so is the musicianship, a decent album from one of Finland's finer rock bands.

Send comments to Philo (BETA) | Report this review (#22814) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2005

3 stars I had mentioned in my review of WIGWAM's "Being" album that I wasn't surprised that Pembroke, Pohjola and Gustavson stayed together for only two albums ("Fairyport" & "Being"). Any one of these three men had the talent and composing skills to lead this band on their own. So yeah three was a crowd. The surprising thing was that the two best composers Gusatavson and Pohjola left, leaving Pembroke (unfortunately) who was more inclined to write lighter, more commercial tracks. Don't get me wrong, Jim Pembroke is a talented musician, but as a progressive music fan I just prefered the styles of the other two.They brought in a guitarist who helped as well with the writing of the songs and a new bass player. Also a guest keyboardist was brought in to more or less take Gustavson's place.

"Nucleur Nightclub" is surprisingly folky and light. Not really a fan of this one. "Freddie Are You Ready" opens with drums and synths as vocals come in. It turns silly with what sounds like xylophone a minute in.Themes are repeated. I do like the instrumental break before 3 1/2 minutes. "Bless Your Lucky Stars" is an interesting track with processed vocals and guitar. Drums and synths are also prominant.The guitar makes some noise around 5 minutes. "Kite" opens with spacey synths before it settles with vocals.The guitar 2 minutes in goes on and on. Nice.

"Do Or Die" is a song that has single written all over it. Very commercial and catchy sounding. "Simple Human Kindness" features a lighter sound including the vocals early. It becomes piano led with normal vocals before synths take over. Some nice guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. "Save My Money And My Name" is a straight forward, commercial sounding track. "Pig Storm" is the closing instrumental that was written by the guitarist.This is more aggressive with lots of guitar.

Sure there are some good songs here, but this album pales in my opinion to "Being" and "Fairyport".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#201475) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2009

5 stars It was magical moment when I first heard Nuclear Nightclub on radio. Wigwams music was something fresh and genious. And it was not copy of some english bands, it got it´s own style but music could compare to bands like Yes and Genesis att their best. This album was and is a jackpot, brilliant ... (read more)

Report this review (#22810) | Posted by | Friday, January 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars One of the best nordic bands. Unfortunately Punk was the next new thing when Wigwam stood on the brink of international sucsess. This is a record in what I would describe as the classic prog style yet with a slithly above average musicmanship. "Freddy are you ready" is just a great song that m ... (read more)

Report this review (#22808) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 31, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of WIGWAM "Nuclear Nightclub"