ANTHOLOGY 1967-1982

Hawkwind Anthology 1967-1982 album cover

Buy HAWKWIND Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1998

DISC 1:
1. Dealing with The Devil (Williamson)
2. Bring It on Home (Dixon)
3. Hurry on Sundown (Brock)
4. Came Home (Brock)
5. We Do It (Hawkwind '71)
6. Born to Go (Brock/Calvert)
7. Space Is Deep (Brock)
8. You Shouldn't Do That (Brock/Turner)
9. Seeing It As You Really Are (Brock)
10. Earth Calling (Calvert)
11. Motorhead (Kimister)
12. Watchfield Festival (Hawkwind)
i) We Do It (Hawkwind)
ii) Brainstrom (Intro) (Turner)
13. Magnu (Calvert/Brock)
14. Angels of Death (Brock)
15. Hash Cake '77 (Brock)
16. Quark, Strangeness And Charm (Calvert/Brock)

DISC 2:
1. Douglas in The Jungle (Bainbridge/Brock)
2. British Tribal Music (Brock/Bainbridge/Sweindlls/King)
3. High Rise (Brock/Calvert)
4. Spirit of the Age (Brock/Calvert)
5. Urban Guerilla (Brock/Calvert)
6. Masters of the Universe (Turner/Brock)
7. World of Tiers (Hawkwind)
8. Whose Gonna Win the War (Brock)
9. Ghost Dance (Bainbridge)
Bonus Tracks
10. Silver Machine (Calvert/Brock) [from "Live'79"]
11. Time We Left This World Today (Brock) [from "Palace Spring"]
12. Needle Gun (Brock) [from " Live Chronicle"]
13. Wastelands of Sleep (Brock) [from "Xenon Codex"]
14. Out of The Shadows (Brock/Davey/Buckley) [from "Space Bandits"]
15. Gimme Shelter (Jagger/Richards) [from "It's The Business of The Future To Be Dangerous"]
16. Right to Decide (Brock/Davey) [from "Electric Tepee"]

Search HAWKWIND Anthology 1967-1982 lyrics

Search HAWKWIND Anthology 1967-1982 tabs

CD: Castle Communications ESD CD 684

and to frenchie for the last updates

HAWKWIND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAWKWIND Anthology 1967-1982 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
In Search of SpaceIn Search of Space
Hall of the Mountain GrillHall of the Mountain Grill
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Emd Int'l 2001
Warrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded EditionWarrior On The Edge Of Time - Expanded Edition
Cleopatra 2013
CD in search of space ~ USD $12.28
LP onward ~ USD $24.69
LP shot down in the night - live uk 1979 ~ USD $21.32
LP space ritual 1 ~ USD $24.69

More places to buy HAWKWIND music online Buy HAWKWIND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAWKWIND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAWKWIND Anthology 1967-1982 ratings distribution

HAWKWIND Anthology 1967-1982 reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars My earlier acquaintance with Hawkwind is very limited but I thought they might be worth closer listening. The quick listening of this anthology (using skip button a lot!) didn't change the situation notably. In short, this was painfully bad attempt of an introduction, mostly due to low sound quality, but I still have some faith in their studio albums which I'm going to borrow.

I totally disagree with the previous reviewer who wrote "if you have to have one album by this band then this is the album". No! OK, I'm not qualified to say whether this is a good compilation what comes to the track list itself (I have my doubts, because I didn't actually enjoy any track - in this form - enough to make a copy), but almost all material here are live recordings and, as I said, the sound quality is not very good. Maybe this is more recommendable to fans who own several studio albums.

The package includes a long historical essay of Hawkwind (at least up to the early eighties). The numerous changes in the line-up are all there in detail. But even the essay, printed in painfully small font, is not quite ideal for a new listener, because the point of view follows the live-oriented contents of the CD's, and therefor the given knowledge of their studio output is very limited. The track infos don't include the original album source which would be very useful.

So, I decided to ignore this anthology as an unsuccesful introduction. But there WAS one track, a NON-live one, that I liked and copied to computer (to be part of some prog compilation later), it was called 'Wastelands of Sleep'. A pulsating piece of space rock, the very kind of Hawkwind music I'm hoping to find more. And the live material here just isn't the right place to look for it.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#276572) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 06, 2010

4 stars IN CASE OF ANTHOLOGY ATTACK FOLLOW THESE RULES ! Last time I checked there were over 50 Hawkwind antholgies. How long is it going to take the Guiness Book Of World Records to accord these guys some sort of honourary entry ? This is perhaps the mos ... (read more)

Report this review (#184543) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Friday, October 03, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAWKWIND "Anthology 1967-1982"