PSYCHOANOREXIA

T

T psychoanorexia album cover

Buy T Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. The Aftermath of Silence (18:07)
2. Kryptonite Monologues (20:47)
3. The Irrelevant Lovesong (8:09)
4. Psychoanorexia (19:29)

Search T psychoanorexia lyrics

Search T psychoanorexia tabs

Thomas Thielen - all instruments

Released by Progressive Promotion Records on 1st February 2013

Thanks to jerrycornelius for the addition
and to kev rowland for the last updates

T MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy T psychoanorexia Music

SMALL FACES-S/T +13-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 29m 33s
SOUL HITS OF THE 70'S-Vol.6/Didn't Blow Your Mind-DRAMATICS/Dells/CHI-LITES/Tape US $3.49 Buy It Now 29m 35s
T.REX ELECTRIC WARRIOR HEAVY VINYL LP + JAPAN OBI REPICA CD + BONUS TRIBUTE CD US $119.99 Buy It Now 29m 38s
WINDSOR DRIVE-S/T-JAPAN ONLY CD E25 US $22.50 Buy It Now 29m 48s
ETTA JONES "DON'T GO TO STRANGERS" PRESTIGE 389 VG+ 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 29m 50s
Capitol T 1037 The New Harry James record LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
29m 51s
T-ARA-GOSSIP GIRLS DIAMOND-JAPAN CD+DVD Ltd/Ed R38 US $81.99 Buy It Now 29m 53s
Pink Can't Take Me Home CD Album Made In Canada Picture Disc US $3.22 [0 bids]
29m 57s
RAmONES rocKaway BeacH T-SHIRT USa PUnk ROCk 1977 sEDITIONAries CLASh US $17.32 [0 bids]
30m 8s
CRACKIN'-S/T-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F56 US $27.50 Buy It Now 30m 13s
T.I. Greatest Hits (Double Disc Set) (Regular Speed Or Slowed Down) US $7.00 [0 bids]
30m 22s
DICK CURLESS SEALED LP - TOWER T5089 Ramblin' Country (1968) US $40.00 Buy It Now 30m 30s
Savath & Savalas - Apropa't (2004) CD DIGIPAK US $9.63 Buy It Now 30m 55s
DUO BEL SOGNO-S/T-JAPAN CD F81 US $30.50 Buy It Now 31m 22s
7"-Single YES - Don't Kill The Whale (1978) + PROMO SHEET / GERMANY PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 31m 25s
7"-Single YES - Don't Kill The Whale (1978) HOLLAND PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 28s
CONWAY TWITTY-20 GREATEST HITS linda on my mind DON'T CRY JONI I'll try NEW TAPE US $5.88 [0 bids]
31m 28s
7"-Single YES - Don't Kill The Whale (1978) UK PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 31s
PROMO ONLY / T REX ROCKIN & ROLLIN US $299.99 Buy It Now 31m 31s
M C HAMMER cassette tape album PLEASE HAMMER DON'T HURT EM --lot 4356987 US $5.48 Buy It Now 31m 37s
NEW EDITION-S/T-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 31m 38s
STRYPER - CAN'T STOP THE ROCK: 1984-1991 (CD, 1991, Hollywood) Christian Metal US $8.99 Buy It Now 31m 42s
CAROL JOHNSON Isn't It Good To Know Folk Music Songbook-Rare US $4.00 Buy It Now 31m 52s
SONNY JAMES LP - CAPITOL T2703 Need You (1967) US $17.50 Buy It Now 32m 24s
7" Road 1971 'Never leave me Lonely VG++ 'Why don't we leave Them Polydor German US $17.05 Buy It Now 32m 28s
PORTER WAGONER YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE THE GIRL WHO DIDN'T NEED LOVE 45 RPM 47-7633 US $2.99 [0 bids]
32m 29s
Musical Heritage Society MHS 7489T Bach on Marimba (!) Leigh Howard Stevens US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 44s
PROPAGANDHI - Splitter:T-shirt - NEW - SMALL ONLY US $26.38 Buy It Now 33m 3s
McFadden & Whitehead Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now NM/I Got The Love 1979 R&B 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 33m 3s
Don Gibson Don't Tell Me Your Troubles/Heartbreak Avenue 47-7566 Chet Atkins US $2.99 [0 bids]
33m 3s
Beach Boys Student Demonstration Time/Don't Go Near The Water Stateside 93069 M- US $75.00 Buy It Now 33m 4s
7"-Single GRAHAM BONNET - Can't Complain (1978) Pre-RAINBOW / MINT- GERMANY PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 33m 5s
THE ROOFTOP SINGERS IT DON'T MEAN A THING MAMA DONt ALLOW 45 VRS 35020 VANGUARD US $3.99 [0 bids]
33m 43s
Does It Offend You, Yeah! - Don't Say We Didn' (NEW CD) US $18.88 Buy It Now 33m 58s
2001 Shaggy Featuring Rikrok - It Wasn't Me (Radio Edit) & Enhanced Video (MCA) US $2.40 [0 bids]
34m 1s
Ray Charles George Jones 45 We Didn't See A Thing / I Wish You Were Here Tonight US $2.00 Buy It Now 34m 2s
OVER THE EDGE old skool house CD 1993 HARDFLOOR VIRGINITY RICHIE MALONE T-BOOM US $4.81 Buy It Now 34m 29s
Oasis,Don,t Look back In Anger,Helter Skelter label US $8.02 Buy It Now 34m 29s
PROPAGANDHI - Technocrazy:T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $26.38 Buy It Now 34m 31s
Biggie McFadden It Must Be Charlie NMThe Lord Don't Treat His NM 1958 Rock 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 34m 31s
Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood LP - Casablanca NBLP 7080 US $3.99 [0 bids]
34m 46s
Hank Williams Jr Doesn't Anybody Know My Name/Long Gone Lonesome Blues 45 RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 49s
REID, INC.-S/T-JAPAN MINI LP CD E75 US $24.50 Buy It Now 35m 2s
B.T. EXPRESS / ENERGY TO BURN COLUMBIA 34178 VG++/M- US $9.99 [0 bids]
35m 5s
Leif Garrett-Can't Explain-Cassette,1980,Scottie Brothers-Pop Rock-Brand New/HTF US $7.99 [0 bids]
35m 7s
DURAN DURAN - I Don't Want Your Love (7" mix) 1988 DJ PICTURE SLEEVE 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 35m 7s
DAVE EDMUNDS Slipping Away/Don't Call Me Tonight CLEAR VINYL UK PIC SLEEVE 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
NEW ORDER - Don't Do It/Fine Time 1988 UK PICTURE SLEEVE 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Y&T - Don't Stop Running/R&R Gonna Save The World JPN PICTURE SLEEVE 1984 45 US $11.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
SPLIT ENZ - I Don't Wanna Dance + 2 1981 DJ PICTURE DISC US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
CONTRACTIONS - Don't Blame It On Me/Breaking Up Is Hard To Do 1982 PIC SLEEVE 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Peter TOSH & Mick JAGGER - (You Got To Walk And) Don't Look Back 1978 DJ 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
DAVE EDMUNDS - Something About You Baby/Can't Get Enough 1984 UK PIC SLEEVE 45 US $6.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
BOOKER T. JONES Try & Love Again 1978 WHITE LBL PR LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 8s
Eddy Grant R&B 45 (Ice 1704) Can't Get Enough Of You/Neighbour, Neighbour M- US $5.95 Buy It Now 35m 13s
ELTON JOHN-DON'T SHOOT ME I'M ONLY THE PIANO PLAYER-CASSETTE TAPE US $3.20 [0 bids]
35m 13s
MIRACLES, DON'T CHA LOVE IT /UP AGAIN-Tamla T 54256F-USA 7" 1974 US $3.20 Buy It Now 35m 16s
RICKY SKAGGS LOT OF 2 LP,S LIVE IN LONDON&DON,T CHEAT IN OUR HOMETOWN US $30.00 Buy It Now 35m 39s
WINANS ain't no need to worry 7" Mint- 7 28274 Vinyl 1987 Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 35m 39s
The T-BONES "Doin' the JERK" - Liberty LP 3404 - NM MONO in Shrink Wrap - NICE!! US $10.95 [1 bids]
35m 46s
Unknown Language - T.o.k. New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.20 Buy It Now 35m 53s
GORGONI MARTIN & TAYLOR-GOTTA GET BACK TO CISCO & GM.&T-JAPAN CD F30 US $26.50 Buy It Now 36m 4s
Eddie Floyd NORTHERN 45 (Stax 0036) Don't Tell Your Mama/Consider Me US $5.95 Buy It Now 36m 21s
Bealtles Ain't She Sweet b/w Nobody's Child Atco Yellow & White Label 45RPM VG US $14.95 [0 bids]
36m 30s
Accept - S/T 1980 Metal vinyl record. From Germany US $10.00 Buy It Now 36m 39s
Elvis Costello - The Costello Show - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood 7" single US $3.20 [0 bids]
37m 32s
Can't Hear Nothin' By Yesterday's Kids E460655 Very Good Audio CD US $3.82 Buy It Now 37m 33s
T1 - Technology CD *used* *rare**horrorcore* US $4.99 Buy It Now 37m 36s
The Manchesters 45 I Don't Come From England / Dragon Fly 1964 David Gates M- US $14.99 Buy It Now 37m 38s
Offenbach: GaŒt‚ Parisienne (CD, Dec-1989, Musikfest) US $3.99 [0 bids]
37m 39s
You Don't Look Like You Sound by Lionel (CD, Aug-1996, Musicmasters) US $8.30 Buy It Now 37m 49s
It Ain't Easy [PA] by Breeze & Thyra (CD, Jul-2002, South Coast Music Group,... US $8.30 Buy It Now 37m 49s
MARTY ROBBINS ==: Some Memories Just Won't Die == LP Country US $9.13 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Parker McGee I Just Can't Say No Stereo NM/Same Mono NM Promo Copy 1976 Rock 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 37m 54s
OSCAR PETERSON & NELSON RIDDLE s/t LP VG+ V6-8562 Vinyl 1963 Stereo USA Verve US $22.50 Buy It Now 38m 3s
ZEBRA S/T LP 1983 FIRST PRESSING OUT OF PRINT ATLANTIC RECS USA VG+/VG US $7.00 Buy It Now 38m 11s
ELVIS PRESLEY hound dog / don't be cruel 7" Good 47-6604 Mono 45 RCA 1956 OOP US $9.95 Buy It Now 38m 11s
Meat Loaf - Couldn't Have Said It Better (2003 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $4.65 Buy It Now 38m 14s
ANITA LINDBLOM san't ar livet (you can have her) 7" 45 VG 271 201 TF Denamrk '61 US $45.00 Buy It Now 38m 15s
Barry White / Can't get enough US $9.99 [0 bids]
38m 16s
Head-I Can't Stop/Me & Mrs Jones 7" UK P/S 1987 Mint! US $9.63 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Booker T. & the MG's - The Best Of (Greatest Hits CD+Bonus Tracks, 2005) Ex Cond US $7.54 Buy It Now 38m 36s
G.R.I.T.S. Reiterate (Sony BMG Music Entertainment 2007) [Christian Hip-Hop] US $5.99 [0 bids]
39m 17s
Dinosaur Jr "I Don't Think So" DJ-ONLY CD single 1994 US $8.49 Buy It Now 39m 19s
Don't Believe the Truth [PA] by Oasis (CD, May-2005, Epic (USA)) US $3.00 Buy It Now 39m 41s
CD/Japan- NANA MOUSKOURI s/t (compilation) w/OBI RARE ORIGINAL 1989 OOP PPD-1082 US $33.99 Buy It Now 39m 46s
LINDA RONSTADT 5LP Lot Vinyl 12" orig NM GREATEST-LIVING IN USA-DON'T CRY NOW US $2.65 [3 bids]
39m 47s
MICHAEL JACKSON THIS IS IT T-Shirt 2 DVD JAPAN boxset NEW not CD US $139.99 Buy It Now 40m 10s
Darts(7" Vinyl)Daddy Cool/The Girl Can't Help It-Magnet-MAG 100-UK-VG+/NM US $6.42 Buy It Now 40m 18s
Modern Romance(7" Vinyl)Don't Stop That Crazy Rhythm-Wea-ROM 3-UK-VG/VG US $4.00 Buy It Now 40m 18s
The Bar-Kays 45 "Don't Do That / Give Everybody Some" US $4.99 Buy It Now 40m 21s
Hot Chocolate(7" Vinyl)Don't Stop It Now-RAK-RAK 230-UK-VG+/NM US $6.42 Buy It Now 40m 22s
Barry White / Is this watcha won't US $9.99 [0 bids]
40m 24s
Percy Sledge, When A Man Loves A Woman, Atlantic, YZ 96 (T) 12" single US $8.67 Buy It Now 40m 26s
Chas & Dave(7" Vinyl)Ain't No Pleasing You-Line-LS 1069AC-Germany-VG+/NM US $6.42 Buy It Now 40m 29s
DUKE ELLINGTON SEALED LP Don't Worry Bout Me, 1952 Live - Skata 502 US $24.75 Buy It Now 40m 33s
Dirty Three - s/t DJ-ONLY advance CD (1995) US $8.49 Buy It Now 40m 50s
Betty Everett & Jerry Butler NORTHERN 45-Vee-Jay 613-Ain't That Loving You Baby US $5.95 Buy It Now 41m 26s
SHOLI S/T CD DEERHOOF INDIE ROCK POP MINT PROMO US $3.20 Buy It Now 41m 33s
Icehouse - Can't Help Myself Versions 1 & 2 Us Dj 12" US $18.99 Buy It Now 41m 37s

More places to buy T music online Buy T & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for T DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

T psychoanorexia ratings distribution

T psychoanorexia reviews

Review by Windhawk
5 stars German project T is the creative vehicle of one Thomas Thielen, once a member of the German band Scythe, but now with a solo career that has been ongoing for more than a decade. "Psychoanorexia" is his fourth full length production, and was released at the start of 2013 by the German label Progressive Promotion Records.

"Psychoanorexia" is an album that arguably may be placed within a neo progressive context, albeit at the very borders of that style and even then stretching it quite a bit. Sporting a plethora of themes with great variety in pace, intensity and overall expression, liberal use of electronic effects and an overall modern sound, this is a production that should appeal to the progressive rock explorers of today: people with an interest in sophisticated rock created and delivered with a foundation in the world as it is right now.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#941294) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 08, 2013

Review by Warthur
4 stars Opening with a synth-derived sample-laden spacey passage reminiscent of the more tripped- out moments of Porcupine Tree circa Up the Downstair, T's Psychoanorexia finds the the talented multi-instrumentalist playing an interesting mashup of neo-prog and space rock. Less theatrical and melodramatic than the Pendragon/Arena tradiition of neo and more placid and tranquil than the IQ tradition, the enigmatic T (AKA Thomas Thielen) shows an exceptional command of all the instruments he sets his hand to over the course of the album. I was honestly surprised to discover that T is a multi-instrumentalist, since here he shows a remarkable ability to evoke a full-band sound.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#954368) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 05, 2013

Review by J-Man
4 stars Known simply as "t", German multi-instrumentalist Thomas Thielen has been recording music as a one-man act since his time with the short-lived progressive rock act Scythe ended, and 2013's Psychoanorexia marks the project's fourth full-length album since its 2002 debut. It's my experience that one-man bands often feature a weak link in the instrumentation, but Thomas Thielen is a deeply talented musician across the board; no instrument here outshines another, the arrangements are remarkably textured, and there is an attention to detail on Psychoanorexia that makes it easily stand out from the crowd. When the stunning vocal harmonies are also factored into the equation, it becomes clear that we are really dealing with something special here.

Thielen's music can best be described as neo-progressive rock, albeit a rather unconventional approach to the style. Imagine a more experimental version of Brave-era Marillion, and you're halfway there - Psychoanorexia is a very atmospheric and ambient listen, but it still is 'busy' enough to scratch that prog itch. Although it only contains four tracks, Psychoanorexia clocks in at over an hour, as three of the songs here are around the twenty minute mark. The shortest track is entitled "The Irrelevant Love Song", and is actually one of the album's highlights. This is an example of a prog ballad done right! Of all the more extended pieces, the title track is my favorite (if only by a small margin); its ending segment sends chills up my spine every time.

Psychoanorexia is a near-flawless effort in my eyes, and anyone that enjoys melancholic progressive rock music with a bit of an edge is bound to love it. The only real knock I can give the album is the sound of the drum machine, which (in spite of how well-programmed it is) sounds a bit artificial to these ears. I'll admit that it's nitpicky complaint, though, and it hardly detracts from the overall experience of Psychoanorexia. This is a strikingly beautiful observation that stands tall as one of 2013's finest recordings!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1011393) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 05, 2013

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Grandiose dad-prog

The prog world is currently overflowing with one man acts, and with all the modern technologies available, it now is possible to achieve something akin to a full band sound without having to deal with superfluous banter and discrepancies between members. The search for full control seems to be right there on the horizon.

The question beckons though - do we, as simple fans of music, want our patterned sound to be as concise as that, or do we want that irreplaceable shading of something crooked and out of sync present? To each his own I guess, and while I was, and am, very impressed by the musicianship of Thomas Thielen, I still miss something audacious and raw from this album. Something that rips me by my hair and throws me on the bed and..........hold on a minute, I may be talking about something different here - and I'm not even a girl...

The previous gibberish may come across a little harsh, especially when you count in the fact, that there are heaps upon heaps of current prog bands doing the exact same thing. The Flower Kings spring to mind. For my tastes the music becomes far too safe and predictable. Inside of 5 minutes with this kind of music, I get restless and start looking around my apartment for mice, lice and thrice as much dice as I'll ever find on here. I played this album to one of my friends the other day who also happens to be very much into progressive rock, and he said it sounded like "dad-prog". I laughed a little first, but I completely understand where he's coming from.

Take a dash of Camel flavoured vocals tinged with an ability to reach highs that Latimer can only dream of. Mix this with lush piano driven melodies, synthesizer leads, sky soaring guitar solos, a metronomically tight rhythm section, all kinds of keyboards, and out on the other side comes this melody based prog that feels as docile and friendly as a fluffy hug from a care bear.

My favourite parts of this album are to be found in the ambiances. At times I swear I can hear hints of The Cure in the ambient keys oozing up from the back, and that is a big compliment coming from yours truly. More than once I found myself thinking of the opening cut on their 1989 album Disintegration, I'd just wish there was more of this, and that it wasn't diluted by what genuinely sounds like latter day Marillion.

If you're into the current line of prog acts such as Nine Stones Close, The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, Sylvan, Arena and Pendragon, then I guarantee you'll love this baby! Without a doubt! I have to be honest though, and I find very little that tickles my fancy on Psychoanorexia. To me this feels like prog by the numbers, no matter how talented and refined Thomas is behind the instruments. Sorry, but this just isn't my bag.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#1025558) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Some months ago I was chatting with a musician in Facebook, and we were chatting about musicians being in bands or being full time soloists. I said to him that, in my opinion, being in a band is very hard for some musicians because in bands there are a lot of 'politics' and 'egos' about who is going to be the 'leader' or the 'main star', and that in bands there are one or two musicians who like to dominate the others and that with the passing of time this situation makes the bands split (this has happened a lot of times in a lot of bands, as their histories say). So, in my opinion, sometimes the best solution for a musician to develop and enjoy the freedom to create his own music (or her own music, if it is the case) is to be a full time soloist, to have his own home recording studio (which now is easier with the use of computers) and to do what he wants with total freedom. It is also easier to have total control of the final product (and the potential monetary earnings of his own very hard work ) because now the so-called major record labels are really not very much needed thanks to the existence of the Internet and some websites on which the musicians can share or sell their albums or songs. So, this album is another example of a 'one man band'. I don`t have any objections about it.

This album by German multi-instrumentalist and singer T (Thomas Thielen) is not a very easy to listen to, and the lyrics and the concept of the album are not very easy to understand without visiting his personal website to read them. It has four songs, with three of them almost reaching the 20 minutes of duration and one of them the eight minutes of duration. So, for this reason it is a bit hard to listen as the listener becomes a bit tired by the end of the album. The kind of music in this album, in my opinion, is very Progressive Rock, with a lot of contrasts in the intensity of the music, sometimes being very heavy, sometimes being quiet, sometimes being very 'dark' and dramatic. I think that this music has a lot of influence by bands like Marillion (with both Fish and Steve Hogarth as lead singers, but maybe with more influence by Hogarth, a period of that band which is not very attractive for my taste), Arena, IQ, and Genesis with Peter Gabriel, more in the dramatic and sometimes 'dark' elements. As T explains in his personal website, the lyrics are very personal, very related to a period of his personal life, and the lyrics (as I understood them) have as central theme the loss and grief of significant personal relationships, and how to survive them, and the other theme is a political and sociological criticism towards the lack of psychological and intellectual ambition by some people in the 'modern' world (I think that this is the meaning he gives to the word 'Psychoanorexia', which also is the title of the album). So, as a whole this album requires some 'concentrated listening' by the listener, and to be listened to several times to appreciate it. It is a bit 'excessive' in some things, and hard to listen to sometimes. It really is not the kind of music that I like to listen to very much in the present, but for the fans of this kind of music it really could be a very interesting listening. It also has a lot of work. Maybe it took to T a lot of time how to plan, to compose, to record and to mix the album. The lyrics were written in a two year period. So, because this album really took him a lot of time to create it, in my opinion it deserves a four star ratting even if this is not the kind of music that I listen to very much often in the present. The recording and mixing is very good. The same is for the playing of the instruments, and he is also a good lead and backing singer. Some lead guitars are very good in playing and sound, and there are also some very good atmospheres created with the use of keyboards. The drums sound a bit programmed, but they sound good anyway. The cover art is also good, very much related to the content of the music and lyrics of the album.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1026375) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Both in the press release and on his website, Thomas Thielen has a mission statement about this album which is well worth reproducing here. 'This is the time when ringtone applicability equals musical quality. This is the place where the greed of being a popstar has replaced the sublime experience of creativity. This is the era in which democracy means mass phenomena, not choices. When we have become too lazy even for subterfuges. And too busy to feel the loss. This is the age when equality means mediocrity, fame defames excellence, education encourages despondency. We excel in conformity, we celebrate our empty hands. We may not burn books, but we skim them. We may not slaughter heretics', but we overshout them. We strive, long, hunger for nothing, thus nobody strive, long, hunger. Fascistic, yet aimless aposiopetic selves. Timetabled freedom. Death in Bologna. Psychoanorexia.'

Yes, this is an album that wants, in fact demands, that we think. Thomas wrote, performed, recorded, engineered and produced the album but it doesn't come across as a one-man band, as it is so carefully constructed and layered. The piano may well be the bedrock of all that he does, but this is more than just a pianist attempting to bring in some other instrumentation to pad it out, but instead this is all about the right instrument for the right emotional feel and approach. When he brings in electric guitar it fairly blasts out of the speakers, with 'Kryptonite Monologues' actually managing to have more than just a hint of Rammstein about it. There are times when this is crunching stadium-filling anthem rock with blistering guitar solos, while at others it is Muse on steroids, Floyd for the masses, Porcupine Tree for the many.

It is not an album that will make its' full presence felt on just one or two plays, this does need some work but rewards the listener for their patience. Apparently Thomas states that he is a 'strictly under-average musician on quite a few instruments, none of which he is capable of playing properly'. Somehow I think he is a master of understatement, as certainly that doesn't come across on the album. Complex, complicated, majestic and soaring, this is quite a piece of work. There are only four songs, but it is still well over an hour long, and well worth investigating.

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1074244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 08, 2013

5 stars This is a classic piece of modern progressive rock and no questions asked. Well, alright, there be questions asked. Hopefully also answered. In this review. Thielen's latest work is something like an "all of the above" of what is, on the one hand, typical of *good* progrock: Versatility in compo ... (read more)

Report this review (#1073284) | Posted by vir_casae | Wednesday, November 06, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars As there seem to be problems on the site, I write my lines on Psychoanorexia once more: Lyrically as well as musically, t sets new standards in the prog world. Yes, I am serious. This is a new horizon in melodic prog, namely that its melodies are less pathetic and sugary, but more sophisticated ... (read more)

Report this review (#1049778) | Posted by champone | Wednesday, October 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I am writing this review for the second time as my first one vanished with all the other reviews I did. Server crash? This is to me still the album of 2013 so far. The eclectic approach simply adds so much to our beloved genre that I have been missing before. There are guitars reminiscent of The ... (read more)

Report this review (#1048415) | Posted by onlineman | Monday, September 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I received a message of Thomas Thielen (T) asking me for a review of his album "PSYCHOANOREXIA". First, I was surprised because I didn't know this project and to receive a personal message grew my total interest. I looked for the album and finally could get it, and believe me, I could not beli ... (read more)

Report this review (#1040764) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Saturday, September 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars To those new to this artist page (like I was only recently), this is mostly slow-moving, atmospheric music, led by delicate synths and somber vocals, and only occasionally punctuated by some instrumental noise and Genesis-like theatricality. Somehow, it is immediately clear that this is a one-m ... (read more)

Report this review (#1033797) | Posted by Progrussia | Thursday, September 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I have to agree with David (Guldbamsen). The good side of this album is the ambiences. T is Thomas Thielen. Yeah. It's another one-man band. When you are alone to write, play and record all the instruments you are free, able to make what you really feel. Sometimes is good, but sometimes wha ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025664) | Posted by VOTOMS | Friday, August 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Psychoanorexia is a beautifully crafted album full of deep-mellow soundscapes that is sure to put the listener into a full state relaxation, enjoyment and make you think as well.' My first feeling is this, if you decide to create a mellow album it should be in the form of T's Psychoanorexia. I ... (read more)

Report this review (#1009362) | Posted by progbethyname | Thursday, August 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Having seen plenty of strong reviews for this album I thought I'd weigh in with my own opinion. "The Aftermath of Silence" - Starts off softly with psychadelic voices and sounds before the grand entrance of the instrumentation and a beautiful Peter Green like guitar tone. The vocals are ric ... (read more)

Report this review (#1000341) | Posted by sukmytoe | Wednesday, July 17, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Ambitious. Clever. Creative. Familiar. Mysteriously (dis-)organized and emotionally distant. This album reminds me quite strongly of 2009's The Underfall Yard by BIG BIG TRAIN, 2011's War and Peace and Other Short Stories by SEAN FILKINS as well as a large part of THE FLOWER KINGS discography ... (read more)

Report this review (#998575) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, July 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is my first album review -EVER! Normally I just listen to an album and like it (or most often: not). I donīt preach and I donīt want to impose my taste on others on a highly subjective matter such as music. Well, I will make an exception here! This album is SO good, I JUST HAVE TO tell the wo ... (read more)

Report this review (#982671) | Posted by vircasae | Thursday, June 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've been listening to t's music for quite some time now, and you could definitely call me a humble fanboy by now. The way he always manages to create new spheres in the musical cosmos is simply stunning. By that I mean the compositions as well as the arrangements, and not least his vocal work. I t ... (read more)

Report this review (#976647) | Posted by herne | Wednesday, June 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I recognise that I am swimming completely against the tide, here. Current average score would suggest that, in its entirety, this is a piece of musical wizardry that has few equals in the annals of prog history. I just don't see this at all, I'm afraid. The first and third tracks are undoubtedly ... (read more)

Report this review (#956718) | Posted by tbstars1 | Thursday, May 09, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have noticed that their have been mixed reviews for this offering and I understand why. On first listening I found it difficult to sit and listen all the way through and finally gave up after the "Irrelevant love song". The next day I gave the title track a go and enjoyed this epic track. I a ... (read more)

Report this review (#937194) | Posted by staunch | Saturday, March 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars ... isn't like anything else, but is simply t... If I had to describe (no, I am not going to do that!) the new album by t in one word, I would simply say: "It's t-approved!" They should have created a big wooden stamp with a big "T" on it when this album was released. The cd should then h ... (read more)

Report this review (#916413) | Posted by Xylvanya | Wednesday, February 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The fourth album of Thomas Thielen was written between 2010 and 2012. The songs sound like a mix of modern crossover-prog like Radiohead or Archive and modern neoprog like Marillion. The warm but sometimes also lonesome voice of Thielen leads the listener through the concept of a deep psychologi ... (read more)

Report this review (#901812) | Posted by jerrycornelius | Tuesday, January 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of T "psychoanorexia"