PSYCHOANOREXIA

T

T psychoanorexia album cover

Buy T Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. The Aftermath of Silence (18:07)
2. Kryptonite Monologues (20:47)
3. The Irrelevant Lovesong (8:09)
4. Psychoanorexia (19:29)

Search T psychoanorexia lyrics

Search T psychoanorexia tabs

Thomas Thielen - all instruments

Released by Progressive Promotion Records on 1st February 2013

Thanks to jerrycornelius for the addition
and to kev rowland for the last updates

T MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy T psychoanorexia Music

Colleccion La del Barrio Volume 2 I.M.T. Spanish Music SEALED NEW CD IMT-7821 US $4.00 Buy It Now 29m 47s
One Direction 1D funny cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #06 US $14.99 Buy It Now 30m 17s
One Direction 1D funny cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #07 US $14.99 Buy It Now 30m 19s
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Classic Dragonfly - T-shirt (&) - NEW - LARGE ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 30m 26s
Billy Bragg "Don't Try This at Home" (Disc Only) **Free Shipping** US $3.29 Buy It Now 30m 31s
CHRIS CONNOR s/t debut LP VG+ ATLANTIC 1228 Vinyl 1956 1st Press Black Label US $29.99 Buy It Now 30m 44s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size #02 US $15.99 Buy It Now 31m
One Direction 1D funny cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #08 US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 3s
Brigitte Fontaine - S/T gatefold LP record Superior Viaduct US $15.00 [0 bids]
31m 26s
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Classic Dragonfly - T-shirt (&) - NEW - SMALL ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 32m 4s
Can't Kill What's Inside US $21.47 Buy It Now 32m 17s
25 Mixtape Rap Music Beat Recorded To CD Hip-hop Rapper Demo Mix Instrumentals T US $1.50 [0 bids]
32m 18s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size #03 US $15.99 Buy It Now 32m 20s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size #04 US $15.99 Buy It Now 32m 22s
FROM BIRTH TO BURIAL - Endless Fight:T-shirt NEW - SMALL ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 32m 24s
BILLY SQUIER Rock Me Tonite / Can't Get Next To You PICTURE SLEEVE 45 Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 32m 49s
KENNY LOGGINS & STEVE PERRY Don't Fight It / More We Try PICTURE SLEEVE 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 32m 49s
METALLICA -s/t- '91, JAPAN 1ST PRESS VERY RARE!! [SRCS-5577] BLACK JEWEL CASE EX US $45.00 [0 bids]
32m 51s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size #05 US $15.99 Buy It Now 33m 16s
THE MIRACLES 7" PS Japan DON'T CHA LOVE IT r5381 US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 21s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #01 US $14.99 Buy It Now 33m 23s
Alaric S/T 7" noothgrush uk subs dead & gone cross stitched eyes NEW W/ DOWNLOAD US $5.39 Buy It Now 33m 33s
NEW BONUS T-SHIRT! The Rockville LP [EXCLUSIVE] by O.A.R. (10 TRACK CD, 2014) US $49.99 Buy It Now 33m 51s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #02 US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 5s
LEGENDS OF THE FALL/ O.S.T. US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 10s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #03 US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 15s
Victor 18708 Albert Campbell/Henry Burr - Feather Your Nest/Old Pal Why Don't US $45.97 Buy It Now 34m 17s
JIMMY BUFFETT a white sport coat/ WHY DON'T WE GET DRUNK my lovely lady NEW CD US $8.89 Buy It Now 34m 18s
MARNIE STERN LP Self-Titled S/T w/mp3 NEW Kill Rock Stars KRS516 math indie rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 34m 19s
Rare Soul LP - B. T. Express - Non-Stop - Roadshow # RS 41001 - SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 34m 34s
LINDA RONSTADT DON'T CRY NOW SD-5064 VINYL LP 1973 "DESPERADO" GREAT COND! VG+!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 34m 41s
Don'T Let Me Lose Ya US $21.47 Buy It Now 34m 42s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #04 US $14.99 Buy It Now 34m 48s
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent white t-shirt S-XL size #05 US $14.99 Buy It Now 35m
Sam Cooke - Ain't That Good News (2013) US $22.48 Buy It Now 35m 3s
BONUS T-SHIRT! Turn Blue [BOX SET] by The Black Keys (CD + SHIRT, May-2014) US $39.99 Buy It Now 35m 11s
UP! SCUMBAG Don't Look Back MINT CD Indianapolis Punk ADVANCE VERSION US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 28s
Y&T - BILLY SQUIER - 3/2 SONGS EACH 7" FLEXI DISC- K@@L US $9.99 Buy It Now 35m 36s
The Smiths self titled S/T 1984 USA Cassette Tape Morrissey moz rare tour sire US $9.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Radiohead band excellent black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 35m 51s
Alcatraz by The Mr. T Experience (CD, 1999, Lookout) LK232 CD OOP PUNK ROCK US $2.99 [0 bids]
35m 55s
E.T.A. Hoffmann - : Missa; Miserere (2014) US $22.59 Buy It Now 35m 55s
Barry White "Stone Gon" LP, 20th Century T-423, Stereo, 1973, NM US $4.49 [0 bids]
36m 5s
MATT MUNRO LP T 2608 HERE'S TO MY LADY LAURA PEOPLE + R VG/EX C C (SKU-3586) US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 15s
MADAREUS S/T HYPER RARE Private US Melodic Power/Prog Metal INDIE MCD 1999!! US $59.99 Buy It Now 36m 32s
Colleccion La del Barrio Volume 4 I.M.T. Spanish Music SEALED NEW CD IMT-7823 US $4.00 Buy It Now 36m 48s
AUDIO CD - DIVAS - MADONNA - BEDTIME STORIES - SURVIVAL - SECRET - DON'T STOP US $13.75 Buy It Now 36m 49s
Brian James S/T Japan pressing CD 1990 New Rose US $2.75 [0 bids]
36m 58s
MATT MUNRO LP T 2730 INVITATION TO The MOVIES ALFIE + R VG/EX C EX- (SKU-3587) US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 11s
Can't Hardly Wait by Original Soundtrack CD Rock Music Original Movie Soundtrack US $4.99 Buy It Now 38m 7s
Dakota-s/t-'76 WEST COAST Psych-NEW CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 38m 12s
Mighty Truth Don't You Ever Learn 12 Inch Vinyl US $2.49 Buy It Now 38m 13s
DESTRUCTION / D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. JAPAN CD +1 +Sticker 2008 1st press US $11.50 [2 bids]
38m 17s
AS I LAY DYING:Sound Of Truth:T-shirt NEW:XLARGE ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 38m 26s
Trance T.U.C. 2013 - Vol. 2 US $32.44 Buy It Now 38m 32s
BOBBY BLUE BLAND. I SMELL TROUBLE/DON'T WANT NO WMAN.45.BLUES.DUKE 167. HEAR US $9.99 [0 bids]
38m 54s
DAVID SEA. ANGEL (you're the sunshine)/ PART TWO. 45.1982.T-JAYE. SOUL US $5.00 [0 bids]
39m 14s
T.M.Revolution - resonance first press SOUL EATER CD+DVD w/OBI MT NRFB US $12.98 Buy It Now 39m 15s
K.T. OSLIN LP 8369-R-1 Shrink THIS WOMAN MONEY HOLD ME R EX- C EX (SKU-3594) US $9.99 Buy It Now 39m 19s
The Slider [Remaster] by T. Rex (Chronicles) US $4.99 [1 bids]
39m 41s
Penderecki & Greenwood:threnody for T - Krzyszto Penderecki New & Sealed Compact US $19.60 Buy It Now 39m 43s
AS I LAY DYING:Sound Of Truth:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 39m 54s
G. C. CAMERON. DON'T WANNA PLAY PAJAMA GAMES/JESUS HELP ME.. 45.NORTHERN SOUL. US $9.99 [0 bids]
39m 58s
THE CHIFFONS / EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO HEAR BY CHIFFONS BUT COULDN'T GET US $27.99 Buy It Now 39m 59s
JIMMY SMITH. CAN'T HIDE LOVE/MY PLACE IN SPACE. DJ 45.JAZZ FUNK SOUL.HEAR BOTH US $9.99 [1 bids]
40m
Born to Boogie by Marc Bolan/T. Rex (2 live CD, Jun-2005, Sanctuary (USA)) US $7.99 [0 bids]
40m 4s
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory [Box] by Johnny Thunders (CD,... US $7.99 [0 bids]
40m 5s
45s & PSs: Bowie Bonoff Bread Booker T Box Tops Boston Breathe Breathless Boone US $12.99 [0 bids]
40m 6s
K.T. OSLIN LP 80'S LADIES 5924-1-R OLD PICTURES DO YA' R VG/EX C EX- (SKU-3595) US $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 12s
Bathtub Sh*tter - 97+3 Sh*t Points 7" Japan Grindcore US $3.99 Buy It Now 40m 53s
LOWELL FULSON. DON'T DRIVE ME BABY/YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME. 45.CHECKER. BLUES US $9.99 [0 bids]
40m 57s
NIGHTWIND.LATER FOR THAT / WHY CAN'T WE.45.PVT PRS SOUL.ST. LOUIS. MO. HEAR BOTH US $99.00 [1 bids]
41m 5s
O. C. SMITH. MOODY / ISN'T LIFE BEAUTIFUL. 45 US $4.00 [0 bids]
41m 13s
The Party Ain't Over - Wanda Jackson New & Sealed CD US $19.03 Buy It Now 41m 28s
THE CORNER BOYS. GANG WAR (don't make no sense).45.SOUL.FUNK. HEAR !! US $5.00 [0 bids]
41m 44s
LEN , Audio CD, You Can't Stop the Bum Rush US $7.09 Buy It Now 42m 3s
THE GASLIGHT. I CAN'T TELL A LIE / HERE'S MISSING YOU. NORTHERN SOUL BALLADS.45 US $5.00 [0 bids]
42m 3s
SCOTT WALKER/THE WAL - THE SUN AIN'T GONNA SHINE: THE VERY BEST OF - NEW CD US $6.36 Buy It Now 42m 13s
THE CONSTELLATIONS. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU. 45.GEMINI. NORTHERN SOUL. HEAR! US $610.00 [10 bids]
42m 18s
THE SIGNS OF THE TIME.HUM A SONG/DON'T HURT ME NO MORE.FUNK.SOUL.45.STL. HEAR US $9.99 [0 bids]
42m 33s
Meet The Beatles LP Mono 1964 T-2047 US $10.79 Buy It Now 42m 35s
BLEEDING THROUGH:Scissors:T-shirt NEW:LARGE ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 42m 36s
THE JONESES.I CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU SEE IN ME/OUR LOVE SONG.45.SOUL.WEIRD.HEAR US $4.00 [0 bids]
42m 37s
Don't Worry About Me by Joey Ramone (CD, Feb-2002, Sanctuary (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
43m 51s
PHILIPS 835 029 AY ( HI-FI )/ T.ALBINONI / EVERT VAN TRIGHT / ROBERTO MICHELUCCI US $19.99 [0 bids]
43m 51s
System of a Down - System of a Down S/T Vinyl LP, Sugar, Debut toxicity US $49.99 Buy It Now 43m 54s
Duran Duran 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) I Don't Want Your Love - Etched UK US $19.38 Buy It Now 43m 54s
BLEEDING THROUGH:Scissors:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 43m 55s
Armand Van Helden You Don't Know Me 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK FX357 US $17.75 Buy It Now 43m 58s
Victor 19865 The Happiness Boys - That Certain Party/Why Aren't Yez Eatin' More US $41.98 Buy It Now 44m 2s
I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like Th... Elton John 7" record USA US $29.11 Buy It Now 44m 4s
Elton John Don't Go Breaking My Heart Japanese 7" vinyl single record US $37.25 Buy It Now 44m 7s
T-Rex / Tyrannosaurus Rex The Ultimate Collection... vinyl LP record UK US $30.75 Buy It Now 44m 10s
Steve Hackett 7" vinyl single record Hope I Don't Wake UK CB385 CHARISMA 1981 US $21.02 Buy It Now 44m 11s
Steely Dan Can't Buy A Thrill vinyl LP album record German ABCX758 ABC US $22.64 Buy It Now 44m 16s
GENE AND FRANCESCA * (SELF TITLED SEALED FOLK/ROCK ALBUM ON TETRAGRAMMATON T124 US $13.99 [0 bids]
45m 49s
HELMETTES Don't Care What People Say 7" DUTCH KBD PUNK JAPAN ISSUE 300 MADE US $19.99 Buy It Now 46m 6s
BLEEDING THROUGH:Angel:T-shirt NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $27.12 Buy It Now 46m 21s
BOOKER T & THE M.G.s GREEN ONIONS RARE 1972 AXIS LABEL RELEASE VINYL RECORD US $22.56 Buy It Now 46m 21s
F.T. Island - Cross & Change US $7.23 [0 bids]
46m 22s

More places to buy T music online Buy T & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for T DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

T psychoanorexia ratings distribution

T psychoanorexia reviews

Review by Windhawk
5 stars German project T is the creative vehicle of one Thomas Thielen, once a member of the German band Scythe, but now with a solo career that has been ongoing for more than a decade. "Psychoanorexia" is his fourth full length production, and was released at the start of 2013 by the German label Progressive Promotion Records.

"Psychoanorexia" is an album that arguably may be placed within a neo progressive context, albeit at the very borders of that style and even then stretching it quite a bit. Sporting a plethora of themes with great variety in pace, intensity and overall expression, liberal use of electronic effects and an overall modern sound, this is a production that should appeal to the progressive rock explorers of today: people with an interest in sophisticated rock created and delivered with a foundation in the world as it is right now.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#941294) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 08, 2013

Review by Warthur
4 stars Opening with a synth-derived sample-laden spacey passage reminiscent of the more tripped- out moments of Porcupine Tree circa Up the Downstair, T's Psychoanorexia finds the the talented multi-instrumentalist playing an interesting mashup of neo-prog and space rock. Less theatrical and melodramatic than the Pendragon/Arena tradiition of neo and more placid and tranquil than the IQ tradition, the enigmatic T (AKA Thomas Thielen) shows an exceptional command of all the instruments he sets his hand to over the course of the album. I was honestly surprised to discover that T is a multi-instrumentalist, since here he shows a remarkable ability to evoke a full-band sound.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#954368) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 05, 2013

Review by J-Man
4 stars Known simply as "t", German multi-instrumentalist Thomas Thielen has been recording music as a one-man act since his time with the short-lived progressive rock act Scythe ended, and 2013's Psychoanorexia marks the project's fourth full-length album since its 2002 debut. It's my experience that one-man bands often feature a weak link in the instrumentation, but Thomas Thielen is a deeply talented musician across the board; no instrument here outshines another, the arrangements are remarkably textured, and there is an attention to detail on Psychoanorexia that makes it easily stand out from the crowd. When the stunning vocal harmonies are also factored into the equation, it becomes clear that we are really dealing with something special here.

Thielen's music can best be described as neo-progressive rock, albeit a rather unconventional approach to the style. Imagine a more experimental version of Brave-era Marillion, and you're halfway there - Psychoanorexia is a very atmospheric and ambient listen, but it still is 'busy' enough to scratch that prog itch. Although it only contains four tracks, Psychoanorexia clocks in at over an hour, as three of the songs here are around the twenty minute mark. The shortest track is entitled "The Irrelevant Love Song", and is actually one of the album's highlights. This is an example of a prog ballad done right! Of all the more extended pieces, the title track is my favorite (if only by a small margin); its ending segment sends chills up my spine every time.

Psychoanorexia is a near-flawless effort in my eyes, and anyone that enjoys melancholic progressive rock music with a bit of an edge is bound to love it. The only real knock I can give the album is the sound of the drum machine, which (in spite of how well-programmed it is) sounds a bit artificial to these ears. I'll admit that it's nitpicky complaint, though, and it hardly detracts from the overall experience of Psychoanorexia. This is a strikingly beautiful observation that stands tall as one of 2013's finest recordings!

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#1011393) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 05, 2013

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
2 stars Grandiose dad-prog

The prog world is currently overflowing with one man acts, and with all the modern technologies available, it now is possible to achieve something akin to a full band sound without having to deal with superfluous banter and discrepancies between members. The search for full control seems to be right there on the horizon.

The question beckons though - do we, as simple fans of music, want our patterned sound to be as concise as that, or do we want that irreplaceable shading of something crooked and out of sync present? To each his own I guess, and while I was, and am, very impressed by the musicianship of Thomas Thielen, I still miss something audacious and raw from this album. Something that rips me by my hair and throws me on the bed and..........hold on a minute, I may be talking about something different here - and I'm not even a girl...

The previous gibberish may come across a little harsh, especially when you count in the fact, that there are heaps upon heaps of current prog bands doing the exact same thing. The Flower Kings spring to mind. For my tastes the music becomes far too safe and predictable. Inside of 5 minutes with this kind of music, I get restless and start looking around my apartment for mice, lice and thrice as much dice as I'll ever find on here. I played this album to one of my friends the other day who also happens to be very much into progressive rock, and he said it sounded like "dad-prog". I laughed a little first, but I completely understand where he's coming from.

Take a dash of Camel flavoured vocals tinged with an ability to reach highs that Latimer can only dream of. Mix this with lush piano driven melodies, synthesizer leads, sky soaring guitar solos, a metronomically tight rhythm section, all kinds of keyboards, and out on the other side comes this melody based prog that feels as docile and friendly as a fluffy hug from a care bear.

My favourite parts of this album are to be found in the ambiances. At times I swear I can hear hints of The Cure in the ambient keys oozing up from the back, and that is a big compliment coming from yours truly. More than once I found myself thinking of the opening cut on their 1989 album Disintegration, I'd just wish there was more of this, and that it wasn't diluted by what genuinely sounds like latter day Marillion.

If you're into the current line of prog acts such as Nine Stones Close, The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, Sylvan, Arena and Pendragon, then I guarantee you'll love this baby! Without a doubt! I have to be honest though, and I find very little that tickles my fancy on Psychoanorexia. To me this feels like prog by the numbers, no matter how talented and refined Thomas is behind the instruments. Sorry, but this just isn't my bag.

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#1025558) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 30, 2013

Review by Guillermo
4 stars Some months ago I was chatting with a musician in Facebook, and we were chatting about musicians being in bands or being full time soloists. I said to him that, in my opinion, being in a band is very hard for some musicians because in bands there are a lot of 'politics' and 'egos' about who is going to be the 'leader' or the 'main star', and that in bands there are one or two musicians who like to dominate the others and that with the passing of time this situation makes the bands split (this has happened a lot of times in a lot of bands, as their histories say). So, in my opinion, sometimes the best solution for a musician to develop and enjoy the freedom to create his own music (or her own music, if it is the case) is to be a full time soloist, to have his own home recording studio (which now is easier with the use of computers) and to do what he wants with total freedom. It is also easier to have total control of the final product (and the potential monetary earnings of his own very hard work ) because now the so-called major record labels are really not very much needed thanks to the existence of the Internet and some websites on which the musicians can share or sell their albums or songs. So, this album is another example of a 'one man band'. I don`t have any objections about it.

This album by German multi-instrumentalist and singer T (Thomas Thielen) is not a very easy to listen to, and the lyrics and the concept of the album are not very easy to understand without visiting his personal website to read them. It has four songs, with three of them almost reaching the 20 minutes of duration and one of them the eight minutes of duration. So, for this reason it is a bit hard to listen as the listener becomes a bit tired by the end of the album. The kind of music in this album, in my opinion, is very Progressive Rock, with a lot of contrasts in the intensity of the music, sometimes being very heavy, sometimes being quiet, sometimes being very 'dark' and dramatic. I think that this music has a lot of influence by bands like Marillion (with both Fish and Steve Hogarth as lead singers, but maybe with more influence by Hogarth, a period of that band which is not very attractive for my taste), Arena, IQ, and Genesis with Peter Gabriel, more in the dramatic and sometimes 'dark' elements. As T explains in his personal website, the lyrics are very personal, very related to a period of his personal life, and the lyrics (as I understood them) have as central theme the loss and grief of significant personal relationships, and how to survive them, and the other theme is a political and sociological criticism towards the lack of psychological and intellectual ambition by some people in the 'modern' world (I think that this is the meaning he gives to the word 'Psychoanorexia', which also is the title of the album). So, as a whole this album requires some 'concentrated listening' by the listener, and to be listened to several times to appreciate it. It is a bit 'excessive' in some things, and hard to listen to sometimes. It really is not the kind of music that I like to listen to very much in the present, but for the fans of this kind of music it really could be a very interesting listening. It also has a lot of work. Maybe it took to T a lot of time how to plan, to compose, to record and to mix the album. The lyrics were written in a two year period. So, because this album really took him a lot of time to create it, in my opinion it deserves a four star ratting even if this is not the kind of music that I listen to very much often in the present. The recording and mixing is very good. The same is for the playing of the instruments, and he is also a good lead and backing singer. Some lead guitars are very good in playing and sound, and there are also some very good atmospheres created with the use of keyboards. The drums sound a bit programmed, but they sound good anyway. The cover art is also good, very much related to the content of the music and lyrics of the album.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1026375) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Both in the press release and on his website, Thomas Thielen has a mission statement about this album which is well worth reproducing here. 'This is the time when ringtone applicability equals musical quality. This is the place where the greed of being a popstar has replaced the sublime experience of creativity. This is the era in which democracy means mass phenomena, not choices. When we have become too lazy even for subterfuges. And too busy to feel the loss. This is the age when equality means mediocrity, fame defames excellence, education encourages despondency. We excel in conformity, we celebrate our empty hands. We may not burn books, but we skim them. We may not slaughter heretics', but we overshout them. We strive, long, hunger for nothing, thus nobody strive, long, hunger. Fascistic, yet aimless aposiopetic selves. Timetabled freedom. Death in Bologna. Psychoanorexia.'

Yes, this is an album that wants, in fact demands, that we think. Thomas wrote, performed, recorded, engineered and produced the album but it doesn't come across as a one-man band, as it is so carefully constructed and layered. The piano may well be the bedrock of all that he does, but this is more than just a pianist attempting to bring in some other instrumentation to pad it out, but instead this is all about the right instrument for the right emotional feel and approach. When he brings in electric guitar it fairly blasts out of the speakers, with 'Kryptonite Monologues' actually managing to have more than just a hint of Rammstein about it. There are times when this is crunching stadium-filling anthem rock with blistering guitar solos, while at others it is Muse on steroids, Floyd for the masses, Porcupine Tree for the many.

It is not an album that will make its' full presence felt on just one or two plays, this does need some work but rewards the listener for their patience. Apparently Thomas states that he is a 'strictly under-average musician on quite a few instruments, none of which he is capable of playing properly'. Somehow I think he is a master of understatement, as certainly that doesn't come across on the album. Complex, complicated, majestic and soaring, this is quite a piece of work. There are only four songs, but it is still well over an hour long, and well worth investigating.

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1074244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 08, 2013

5 stars This is a classic piece of modern progressive rock and no questions asked. Well, alright, there be questions asked. Hopefully also answered. In this review. Thielen's latest work is something like an "all of the above" of what is, on the one hand, typical of *good* progrock: Versatility in compo ... (read more)

Report this review (#1073284) | Posted by vir_casae | Wednesday, November 06, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars As there seem to be problems on the site, I write my lines on Psychoanorexia once more: Lyrically as well as musically, t sets new standards in the prog world. Yes, I am serious. This is a new horizon in melodic prog, namely that its melodies are less pathetic and sugary, but more sophisticated ... (read more)

Report this review (#1049778) | Posted by champone | Wednesday, October 02, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I am writing this review for the second time as my first one vanished with all the other reviews I did. Server crash? This is to me still the album of 2013 so far. The eclectic approach simply adds so much to our beloved genre that I have been missing before. There are guitars reminiscent of The ... (read more)

Report this review (#1048415) | Posted by onlineman | Monday, September 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I received a message of Thomas Thielen (T) asking me for a review of his album "PSYCHOANOREXIA". First, I was surprised because I didn't know this project and to receive a personal message grew my total interest. I looked for the album and finally could get it, and believe me, I could not beli ... (read more)

Report this review (#1040764) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Saturday, September 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars To those new to this artist page (like I was only recently), this is mostly slow-moving, atmospheric music, led by delicate synths and somber vocals, and only occasionally punctuated by some instrumental noise and Genesis-like theatricality. Somehow, it is immediately clear that this is a one-m ... (read more)

Report this review (#1033797) | Posted by Progrussia | Thursday, September 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I have to agree with David (Guldbamsen). The good side of this album is the ambiences. T is Thomas Thielen. Yeah. It's another one-man band. When you are alone to write, play and record all the instruments you are free, able to make what you really feel. Sometimes is good, but sometimes wha ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025664) | Posted by VOTOMS | Friday, August 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Psychoanorexia is a beautifully crafted album full of deep-mellow soundscapes that is sure to put the listener into a full state relaxation, enjoyment and make you think as well.' My first feeling is this, if you decide to create a mellow album it should be in the form of T's Psychoanorexia. I ... (read more)

Report this review (#1009362) | Posted by progbethyname | Thursday, August 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Having seen plenty of strong reviews for this album I thought I'd weigh in with my own opinion. "The Aftermath of Silence" - Starts off softly with psychadelic voices and sounds before the grand entrance of the instrumentation and a beautiful Peter Green like guitar tone. The vocals are ric ... (read more)

Report this review (#1000341) | Posted by sukmytoe | Wednesday, July 17, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Ambitious. Clever. Creative. Familiar. Mysteriously (dis-)organized and emotionally distant. This album reminds me quite strongly of 2009's The Underfall Yard by BIG BIG TRAIN, 2011's War and Peace and Other Short Stories by SEAN FILKINS as well as a large part of THE FLOWER KINGS discography ... (read more)

Report this review (#998575) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Sunday, July 14, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is my first album review -EVER! Normally I just listen to an album and like it (or most often: not). I don´t preach and I don´t want to impose my taste on others on a highly subjective matter such as music. Well, I will make an exception here! This album is SO good, I JUST HAVE TO tell the wo ... (read more)

Report this review (#982671) | Posted by vircasae | Thursday, June 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've been listening to t's music for quite some time now, and you could definitely call me a humble fanboy by now. The way he always manages to create new spheres in the musical cosmos is simply stunning. By that I mean the compositions as well as the arrangements, and not least his vocal work. I t ... (read more)

Report this review (#976647) | Posted by herne | Wednesday, June 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I recognise that I am swimming completely against the tide, here. Current average score would suggest that, in its entirety, this is a piece of musical wizardry that has few equals in the annals of prog history. I just don't see this at all, I'm afraid. The first and third tracks are undoubtedly ... (read more)

Report this review (#956718) | Posted by tbstars1 | Thursday, May 09, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have noticed that their have been mixed reviews for this offering and I understand why. On first listening I found it difficult to sit and listen all the way through and finally gave up after the "Irrelevant love song". The next day I gave the title track a go and enjoyed this epic track. I a ... (read more)

Report this review (#937194) | Posted by staunch | Saturday, March 30, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars ... isn't like anything else, but is simply t... If I had to describe (no, I am not going to do that!) the new album by t in one word, I would simply say: "It's t-approved!" They should have created a big wooden stamp with a big "T" on it when this album was released. The cd should then h ... (read more)

Report this review (#916413) | Posted by Xylvanya | Wednesday, February 20, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The fourth album of Thomas Thielen was written between 2010 and 2012. The songs sound like a mix of modern crossover-prog like Radiohead or Archive and modern neoprog like Marillion. The warm but sometimes also lonesome voice of Thielen leads the listener through the concept of a deep psychologi ... (read more)

Report this review (#901812) | Posted by jerrycornelius | Tuesday, January 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of T "psychoanorexia"