TOUCH ME

Studio Album, released in 1979

1. Charades: (21:59)
- i) Humouresque (6:17)
- ii) Cortege (5:11)
- iii) Elegy (Touch Me) (3:17)
- iv) Gallavant (7:14)

- David Storey / drums, percussion
- Terry Pack / bass guitar

Guest musician:
- Tony Freer / Cor Anglais, Oboe

LP: PYE Records #NSPH 18593 (1979) / CD: Mantella #MNTLCD5 (1989)

and to Snow Dog for the last updates

THE ENID MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE ENID Touch Me Music

Journey's EndJourney's End
Aerie Faerie NonsenseAerie Faerie Nonsense
InvictaInvicta
Arise And Shine - Volumes 1 & 2Arise And Shine - Volumes 1 & 2
Shining: Arise And Shine 3Shining: Arise And Shine 3
Con Tu Presencia CD Wanda Enid US $7.77 Buy It Now 1h 19m
The Enid "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" 1976 British Prog LP Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
The Enid - Aerie Faerie Nonsense (2010) CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 7h 19m
THE ENID JAPAN OBI PROG LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH VOL II US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
THE ENID JAPAN OBI PROG SIX PIECES US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
ENID in the region of the summer stars 1984 LP 11 track signed on front sleeve US $21.52 Buy It Now 10h 19m
THE ENID 1976 UK Poster size LP Advert Frame ready cutting/clipping US $16.23 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Enid Blyton More Adventures Of The Secret Seven Well Done (3925) Super Tempo LP US $14.78 Buy It Now 11h
ENID SPELL LP GATE FOLD COVER - DOUBLE ALBUM UK US $27.59 Buy It Now 11h 30m
ENID SIX PIECES LP WHITE PRINTED COVER UK US $27.59 Buy It Now 11h 56m
GLEN BAKER BRIEF ENCOUNTER LP ENID MEMBER 1985 UK US $43.82 Buy It Now 12h 15m
ENID SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES LP - UK US $22.72 Buy It Now 12h 40m
ENID TOUCH ME LP REMIXED REISSUE IN DIFFERENT COVER TO ORIGINAL UK US $27.59 Buy It Now 12h 40m
ROB MULLINS(FIFTH)5th Gear-KEYBOARDS-Enid OK.piano-Cd's US $7.29 Buy It Now 14h 3m
THE ENID**INVICTA (180 GRAM/GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 17h 40m
ROBERT JOHN GODFREY / Fall Of Hyperion ?JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI ?THE ENID US $36.50 Buy It Now 19h 24m
The Adventures Of Mary Mouse By Enid Blyton US $14.59 [0 bids]
The Enid - The Lovers / In The Region Of The Summer Stars - 7-inch Vinyl US $24.34 Buy It Now 20h 29m
ENID In the region of the Summer Stars lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
CRANIUM'S The Enid IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS Lp NM promo! psych US $25.99 Buy It Now 23h 28m
The Enid - Touch Me - LP Vinyl Record #theenid US $24.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ENID - SHEETS OF BLUE: AN ANTHOLOGY [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $7.94 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ENID - Something Wicked This Way Comes (CD) British Progressive Rock US $16.23 [0 bids]
THE ENID Aerie Faerie Nonsense 1977 UK EMI RECORDS VINYL LP US $14.59 Buy It Now 1 day
The Enid - Live at Hammersmith Vol II LP EXC import UK prog US $4.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ENID the stand 1984 & 1985 JAPAN mini lp 2 CD SEALED US $16.99 [1 bids]
THE ENID spell JAPAN mini lp CD PROG SEALED US $14.99 [1 bids]
Enid ?- Something Wicked This Way Comes CD..'82 UK prog..Mantella label US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NODDY'S CAR Enid Blyton HMV 1950s UK P/S EP US $6.48 [0 bids]
ENID LEVINE: American Love (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ENID 'Region Of The Summer Stars' Orig 1st Press '76 Unplayed Prog Promo LP US $42.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage Signed Autograph Note & Card - Pianist - Enid J. Quiney US $12.17 Buy It Now 1 day
45 Keith & Enid Worried Over You / Everything Will Be All Right US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Enid THE STAND: MEMBERS ONE OF ANOTHER LP UK Not On Label M-/VG+ US $19.99 [0 bids]
ENID - TRIPPING THE LIGHT FANTASTIC NEW CD US $25.72 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID - AERIE FAERIE NONSENSE NEW VINYL US $35.97 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID, THE the stand VG/M- JAPAN K22P507 | 14-0115-052 US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JAPAN NEW MINI LP CD THE ENID SALOME US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Osibisa/The Enid/Mainland/TCOJ 1978 Friars, Aylesbury Flyer US $29.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Stonehenge 1984 Live CD+DVD NEW SEALED Hawkwind/Roy Harper/Here US $12.97 Buy It Now 2 days
THE ENID-RARE 3 SONG 12'' VINYL LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID fand LP (enid9) uk stand 0 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID in the region of the summer stars LP 7 track (ins3005) uk emi 1976 US $10.19 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID live at hammersmith volume 1 LP 4 track very light wear to sleeve (enid1) US $10.19 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID liverpool album LP 7 track sleeve has lamination peel to sleve (le1) uk iss US $21.52 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID something wicked this way comes LP 7 track light wear to sleeve (enid3) uk US $8.10 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID stand 1985-1986 LP 10 track fan club only issue sleeve has light wear and s US $12.76 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID touch me LP 6 track with insert slight creasing to sleeve (nsph18593) uk p US $8.10 Buy It Now 2 days
ENID THE SPELL INC TITLE TRACK / ELEPHANTS NEVER DIE ROCK VINYL LP US $9.07 Buy It Now 3 days
PHAY & ENID ONE NIGHT DINNER 45 LOVE BIRD LABEL JAMAICA US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ENID BLYTON The Adventures Of Mr. Pinkwhistle L.P. (1982) Tempo TMP 9022 US $16.23 Buy It Now 3 days
KEITH & ENID YOURE GONNA BREAK MY HEART UK ORIG SHUFFLE SKA THRILLER!! US $10.94 Buy It Now 3 days
ENID Live At Hammersmith Vol 2 LP nMINT UK 1983 US $16.21 Buy It Now 3 days
SUMMONING EMBROIDERED CAP HAT EPIC BLACK METAL ENID DARK Metal Negro US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID Robert John Godfrey fall of hyperion JAPAN mini lp CD US $40.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID six pieces JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID spell JAPAN mini lp CD PROG SEALED US $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID the stand 1984 & 1985 JAPAN mini lp 2 CD SEALED US $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Enid - Aerie Faerie Nonsense - 1977 vinyl LP US $8.11 [0 bids]
THE ENID-"ITCHYCOO PARK" EXTENDED VERSION-NEW 1986 U.K. ISSUE 12" SINGLE US $6.99 [0 bids]
THE ENID:IN THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS 1984,PRIVATE PRESS,ENID 7,EX+ US $1.61 [1 bids]
THE FAMOUS FIVE Five Go Adventuring Again ENID BLYTON 1983 SUPER TEMPO US $13.79 Buy It Now 3 days
ENID-IN THE REGION OF SUMMER STARS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ENID "IM THE REGION OF THE SUMMER STARS" LP BUK 52001 PROG 1976 US $4.99 [0 bids]
ENID-TOUCH ME-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ENID-AERIE FAERIE NONSENSE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD BONUS TRACK Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Carl August Nielsen,Carl August Nielsen,Enid Katahn : Nielsen - Music for Solo P US $6.72 Buy It Now 4 days
RUDDY AND SKETTO BARON TWIST AND HIS KNIGHTS:PLEASE ENID/ABC BOOGIE:DICE '62 VG+ US $22.70 Buy It Now 4 days
THE ENID - WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR - RARE 7" VINYL SINGLE C/W JESSICA US $10.55 Buy It Now 4 days
THE ENID (U.K.) - SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES [INNER - NEW CD BOXSET US $20.74 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID aerie faerie nonsense LP 5 track (eg2603241) uk emi 1977 US $12.55 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID salome LP 5 track (enid10) uk enid 1986 US $12.55 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID six pieces LP 6 track seam split on the bottom edge of the sleeve (enid4) u US $10.03 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID spell LP 6 track double in gatefold sleeve one long but light scuff on side US $12.55 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID stand LP 9 track rare promo only release (thestand1) uk private 1983 US $18.81 Buy It Now 4 days
ENID AN ALTERNATIVE HISTORY JAPAN MADE 2 MINI LP CD NEW IECP-20047-48 US $28.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Enid / Robert John Godfrey JAPAN 4 titles Mini LP SHM-CD SS + PROMO BOX SET US $169.99 Buy It Now 5 days
OVERFLOW - S/T 85 MEXICAN PROG ROCK REMASTERED ala ENID & GENESIS MINI-JACKET CD US $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
ENID - AERIE FAERIE NONSENSE (UK) NEW CD US $19.05 Buy It Now 5 days
Enid,In The Region Of The Summer Stars,Matrix Numbers A2 & B2,LP US $21.89 Buy It Now 5 days
The ENID Touch Me RE-issue US $16.23 Buy It Now 5 days
The Enid 'The Stand - Volume 2 (1985)' CD New US $12.97 Buy It Now 5 days
KEITH AND ENID 7'' WORRIED OVER YOU BLUE BEAT SKINHEAD REGGAE US $4.85 [0 bids]
THE ENID 'LOVERS AND FOOLS' DOUBLE LP US $16.21 [0 bids]
MORE ADVENTURES OF THE SECRET SEVEN ENID BLYTON VINYL LP 1983 VG+ US $9.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Enid - Vol. 1-Live At Hammersmith [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ENID The Stand OBI For MINI LP CD JAPAN New US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ENID LEVINE american love LP Record 1983 RARE vg US $22.50 Buy It Now 5 days
KEITH & ENID SEND ME b/w TRENTON SPENCE PEOPLE WILL SAY ~ UK BLUE BEAT SKA 7" US $19.47 Buy It Now 5 days
the enid - when you wish upon a star - 7" vinyl single US $16.21 Buy It Now 5 days
THE ENID - SIX PIECES - NEW CD US $7.97 Buy It Now 5 days
ENID and then there were none RAK349 7" VINYL RECORD VG/VG 29 US $9.72 Buy It Now 6 days
THE ENID AERIE FAERIE NONSENSE 1977 LP CHEAP US $12.97 Buy It Now 6 days
ENID - SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES NEW CD US $32.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Keith and Enid "Worried Over You" Blue Beat label BB6 early ska G+/VG US $12.00 [0 bids]
Enid Katahn SEALED Piano Lp Keys PeaceTree Scarlatti Ravel Joaquin Nin Chopin US $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE ENID - THE SEED AND THE SOWER - NEW CD US $7.97 Buy It Now 6 days
THE ENID Final Noise UK CD issue US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE ENID The Spell UK CD issue US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ENID salome 12" 3 trk white label promo (enid999) - - US $8.10 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy THE ENID music online Buy THE ENID & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE ENID DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE ENID Touch Me ratings distribution

THE ENID Touch Me reviews

Review by lor68
4 stars They succeed in touching my heart after every new listen in!! It should deserve also the maximum score, especially when They reach their "top level" of inspiration ...the most innovative passages I mean, such as those ones within the fourth part of Charades Gallavant, which are essential and characterized by a splendid use of violins and woodwinds as well (in a polyphonic excursion), also when the synthesizers replace the brass section: it's a classical atmosphere, enriched by means of fine arrangements and tasteful themes!! Instead the previous track "Elegy" is a bit out of contest, that is without their usual symphonic atmosphere, even though the classical piano is quite original and "odd" too.I prefer the second track "Cortege", with a delicious oboe as an opener, in a medieval atmosphere, a bit dark but very melodic, representing their most accessible moments!! Then I like to remark another small jewel like "Albion Fair", resembling their strangest use of diverse effects (sometimes a bit psychedelic), within an "orchestrated" apparatus, which is a "trademark" by The Enid!!

The last track "Joined by the Heart" is the realization of such "Classical Music", perhaps it's too much long,being anyway pretty inspiring: as for all these reasons to me the whole project is enough to be regarded as a recommended album!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#25888) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 30, 2004

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars In the late Seventies and early Eighties I used to travel by ferry and train to the heart of London. On these 'progrock pilgrimages' I discovered the Virgin record store and took a dive into their large progrock section, ranging from Ange and Gandalf to Flame Dream and ... The Enid. I had already some LP's but "Touch me" was new to me. I still love the cover: a red color with the picture of the upper back from a young woman with wonderful plaits and a tattoo that contains three boys and "Touch me"written under it, enigmatic and mesmerizing! The music is very classical inspired with amazing classical orchestrations, wonderful acoustic piano, blended with some fiery and howling electric guitar and propulsive drum beats. The alternating and dynamic climates range from ambient, dreamy or mellow to up-tempo and bombastic, sometimes with a strong Wagnerian undertone, very compelling and exciting! THIS IS A UNIQUE ENCOUNTER BETWEEN CLASSIC AND PROG!!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#42790) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 14, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars The third album by The ENID led by keyboardist-composer Robert John Godfrey. It is symphonic instrumental music the same way as VANGELIS was (in his albums like Heaven & Hell). The sound is very similar; frankly I don't easily recognize guitars as the Vangelis-like layers of keyboards dominate the music, whether it's shorter pieces with a classical structure ('Humouresque', 'Elegy') or longer, spacey and meditative tracks. I don't go into track details except it's funny to hear in soft piano of 'Elegy' a fragment of melody from Simon & Garfunkel's 'Old Friends', and also Peter Hammill's 'Sleep Now' comes to my mind. But in most cases it's SO close to Vangelis, especially in the long tracks.

I really could give 4 stars, but even if the music here is absolutely well done and approaching classical standards of composition, there is not that SOMETHING that would make me deeply dive into it. The other night I was watching the starry sky from my balcony with this album playing in the background. That somehow describes its nature well: suitable music when "in the mood", but doesn't grab me like Vangelis is capable to do. And when I want classical sort of music I rather listen to real classical music. But that's just how I see it: definitely worth checking out if you like this kind of instrumental music between classical and rock. One earlier review makes very educated comparisons to various classical composers. Godfrey is no doubt a skillful - if not always so personal - composer, but I need to hear more ENID before bigger appreciation.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#55135) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Still I hesitate (after Six disappointing Pieces), but it's better. A little bit. Not exactly the music I like (I do, but not as extremely calm as it is. More in my previous review for SP). Last track improves it, but still, it's fails in my prog feelings mind, thoughts and sense of reality. But I understand that it may work with some people (even I though all my prog life that I'm that kind of people who are best suited for this music and to some extent yes, I am, but not for something so much .....)

3(+), because it's better, it's better. But I suppose that one can't like everything under the sun.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#259429) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars While it's not exactly my cup of tea, the Enid's "Touch me" is the type of music to have tea to. It's a uniquely English take on modern symphonic music in much the way AMAZING BLONDEL filled the role for Elizabethan music, and in fact the album cover and the fine gentleman on display do make me think of Blondel during their very early period. Since ENID released this in 1979, it's clear they were even more out of touch, or perhaps they just didn't care, being obsessed with imparting their unique vision to those few who were willing to mail order it. My review is based on an LP version that contains "Dambusters March/Land of Hope and Glory" as the final cut after "Albion Fair".

Apart from the elegant and imposing "Cortege", not much of this grabs me, although it does make for good background listening at a low to middling volume range where I can have pretensions to being a sophisticated fan of the classics. Particularly on the first and last parts of the "Charades" suite, I feel like I am listening to an overture from "Wizard of Oz", or those introductions to the Wonderful World of Disney so ingrained into my early childhood. Both are lost without a context, and so is this. It needs some manner of visuals to set off the overly bright melodies. "Albion Fair" is more of a complete work, building slowly before the similar sprightly themes ebb and flow. What is most fascinating is how the impression is decidedly symphonic yet the instrumentation is largely rock. Since I can pretty much tell a guitar from a keyboard, I have to conclude that most of these sounds come from the latter. This puts the Enid into a similar camp to some of SYNERGY's work, although they really do strive to sound less synthetic. The closer is a full throttle "Land of Hope and Glory" that ends with all the bombast of a BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST finale from the Harvest period of which Robert John Godfrey was a part.

In a genre where so many are bandied about as unique, the ENID truly is, but I also suspect that others have volleyed about a similar premise only to conclude that neither artistic nor commercial fulfillment would result. I'm not going to lie and recommend this to any but the longhairs among you, but in the Enid's spirit of reaching out, I will do so and magically touch 3 stars.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#264117) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars I was listening to an old Holy Modal Rounders album this morning, which is brilliant American folk revival music but something you can only do for limited periods of time at a stretch. In looking to something to cleanse my aural palette I tossed on 'Touch Me' since the Enid is about as far removed from the Rounders sound as you can get and I already listened to 'Aerie Faerie Nonsense' last week so that one is off the rotation for a while.

With 'Touch Me' Robert John Godfrey begins the gradual but steady injection of rock influences into the decidedly Wagnerian classical drama the band introduced with 'Aerie Faerie Nonsense'. Here there are only two compositions, both multi-part epics deeply rooted in classical construction but leveraging Francis Lickerish and Stephen Stewart's folk and rock-rooted guitar riffs to a greater degree than on the previous work. But just slightly more so.

The four-part "Charades" once again shows Godfrey in firm control of the band's artistic voice with lengthy and lush piano passages dominating throughout, and particularly on "Elegy" which is subtitled as the title track. While that passage is quite beautiful in its single-mindedness I much prefer the closing "Gallavant" section of this suite with its liberal use of lush synthesized strings, stilted organ and dramatic percussion. Like one earlier reviewer I've read, I also find myself feeling as if I'm witness to the soundtrack for a 1930s MGM grand film production. This isn't the sort of music you're likely to listen to as anything other than a backdrop to something else you're doing, but as such it sets a pleasant enough mood and I for one find it to be a great Sunday morning contemplative piece.

"Albion" on the other hand comes off as more like Disney music ala 'Fantasia' or some of the earlier jerky-motion black and white cartoon films. The production is less grand owning mostly to the unduly long introduction portion and the recurring woodwind/string passages Godfrey expertly pounds out on his digital keyboards. Great stuff from a classical sense, but not quite progressive rock to be sure.

These early Enid albums are as tough to classify as Joe Jackson's later (post-'Big World') instrumental works are: while the musicians, recording labels and packaging say 'art rock', the music belies this and we are left with what are actually contemporary classical works. If you're a fan of Jon Lord, Rick Wakeman and the like you may find this and the other 1970s Enid albums appealing; if not, start with their first album and work your way through the years until you're either hooked or become disinterested. Three stars out of five.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#299709) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 19, 2010

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars The Enid were surprisingly one of the few prog bands with a growing fame during the second half of the 70's.In 1977 keyboardist William Gilmour was introduced to the group in the place of Charlie Elston.Terry King, the manger of the band, succeeded to make a deal with PYE Records at the time, one of the most expensive signings by the label.The band was even promised to have its own studio to work in.However things would go wrong from this point.PYE's boss Lew Grade was facing huge financial problems, the result was that the label was taken over by an inconvenient management, which pressed The Enid to record a new work.In December 78' the band entered their own home studio in Hertfordshire and recorded ''Touch me'' in a two-months period.The album was eventually released in 1979, featuring also Tony Freer on oboe and cor anglais.

Despite the hard period the band was facing during the recordings, ''Touch me'' ended up to be a very good album and one of the most ambitious The Enid ever created.It consists of two sidelong suites, the first being the 22-min. long ''Charades'', divided in four movements.Again the ability of Godfrey and company to combine romantic Classical Music with Rock is just phenomenal.Filled with intensive piano preludes, orchestral interludes and melodic electric instrumentation, the arrangement comes as one of the best in The Enid repertoire.Pompous, dramatic but also highly melodic, it mixes the fundamentals of Classical Music with both grandiose and laid-back orchestrations with the complexity of Progressive Rock, featuring the elegant guitar work of Steve Stewart and the impressive dual keyboard deliveries of Godfrey and Gilmour, mainly performed on organ and harsichord.Side 2 is taken by the 16-min. ''Albion Fair'' in a quite similar but more haunting style.''Part 1'' is an almost psychedelic, long introduction, based on keyboards, piano and strings with a somewhat spacey feeling, which works as an extended intro to the pompous and longer second part.This comes with more evident Classical-influenced arrangements and less Rock elements (at least on the guitar parts), but the music remains at an extremely high level with constant breaks and rapid changes, even if we are talking about pure Orchestral Music in a significant deegree.The soft moments follow again a very romantic path of orchestral passages, the more pompous ones are absolutely bombastic and powerful.A more pronounced guitar/bass/drums flavor would be welcome, but even so ''Albion fair'' stands as an incredible piece of complicated Classical-based Rock Music.

Another solid album by The Enid, a band refusing to sell out in front of the upcoming Punk and Disco fashion.The first part of ''Albion fair'' somewhat lowers the consistency of this release, the rest of the album though is very good, cinematic Symphonic Rock of high quality.Strongly recommended, you can even chase down some of the interesting reissues, most of which contain a fair amount of extra material...3.5 stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#1074301) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 09, 2013

4 stars With ever-growing fame in their homeland, The Enid was gathering quite the fanbase since the cult hits In The Region of the Summer Stars, and Aerie Faerie Nonsense. The Enid's growing popularity would gain them a spot on the roster of Pye Records, being one of the most expensive signings by th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1132024) | Posted by Sheets of Blue | Saturday, February 15, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The third work of THE ENID released in 1978 "Touch Me". A big classic romantic school rock work of the scale as well as the former work. The ensemble was enhanced further because of the staff increase of the keyboard. In all the points of the richness etc. of powerful, the delicacy, and the to ... (read more)

Report this review (#60290) | Posted by braindamage | Wednesday, December 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Enid were probably the only truly symphonic rock band that ever existed, and 'Touch Me' captures them in all their glory. The album opens with a suite of four tunes called 'Charades' in which the band's many and varied influences can be heard. In this piece one can detect Renaissance ... (read more)

Report this review (#25885) | Posted by The Mentalist | Tuesday, June 15, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE ENID "Touch Me"