ANTHONY PHILLIPS & RICHARD SCOTT: INVISIBLE MEN

Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. Sally (4:09)
2. Golden Bodies (3:01)
3. Going For Broke (3:53)
4. Exocet (3:10) *
5. Love In A Hot Air Ballon (3:34)
6. Traces (4:35)
7. I Want Your Heart (3:53)
8. Falling For Love (3:31)
9. Guru (4:30)
10. The Women Were Watching (4:31)
11. My Time Has Come (4:33)

* Exchanged on UK 1984 LP

Total time 43:20

Bonus track on UK 1984 LP edition:
4. It's Not Easy (4:47)

Bonus tracks on 1990 remaster:
12. It's Not Easy (4:47)
13. Trail Of Tears (5:31)
14. The Ballad Of Penlee (3:35)
15. Alex (5:39)

Search ANTHONY PHILLIPS Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men lyrics

Search ANTHONY PHILLIPS Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men tabs

- Anthony Phillips / vocals, Classical and 6- & 12-string electric guitars, bass, piano, church organ, Mellotron, Fender Rhodes, synths (Jupiter 8, Polymoog, ARP 2600), tubular bells, composer & co-producer
AND
- Richard Scott / vocals, guitar, noises, vocoder, Roland drum machine, composer & co-producer

With:
- Vic Stench / bass, double bass
- Paul Robinson / drums
- Jeff Dunne / drums
- Morris Pert / tambourine, kalimba, shaker, jawbone
- Joji Hirota / marimba, tambourine, timpani, shakers, wood block, jawbone, bell tree, cabasa
- Uti Koofreh / backing vocals

Artwork: Stephen March

LP Passport Records ‎- PB 6023 (1983, US)
LP Street Tunes ‎- STLP 0013 (1984, UK) A bonus track swapped with track #4 and new cover art

CD Blueprint ‎- BP211CD (1990, UK) Remastered by Simon Heyworth with 4 bonus tracks
CD Virgin ‎- CDOVD 323 (1990, Europe) Remastered by Simon Heyworth with 4 bonus tracks and different cover art

and to Quinino for the last updates

ANTHONY PHILLIPS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Invisible Men: Remastered & Expanded EditionInvisible Men: Remastered & Expanded Edition
Import · Remastered
Cherry Red 2017
Wise After the Event: Deluxe EditionWise After the Event: Deluxe Edition
Cherry Red 2016
Private Parts & Pieces I-IV: 5cd Deluxe ClamshellPrivate Parts & Pieces I-IV: 5cd Deluxe Clamshell
Imports 2015
Archive Collection 1Archive Collection 1
Limited Edition · Import
Blueprint UK 2005
Ahead of the FieldAhead of the Field
Voiceprint UK 2010
Slow Dance: Remastered & Expanded Deluxe EditionSlow Dance: Remastered & Expanded Deluxe Edition
Import · Remastered
Imports 2014
The Geese & The GhostThe Geese & The Ghost
CD+DVD
Esoteric Antenna 2015

More places to buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS music online Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANTHONY PHILLIPS Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men ratings distribution

ANTHONY PHILLIPS Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men reviews

Review by greenback
3 stars This album is the most pop and rythmic one of Anthony PHILLIPS. The fresh songs have full of instruments quite well played. The singer sounds a bit like CAMEL's or CARAVAN's: his voice is outstanding.

Some songs sound a bit like the CAMEL of the 80's ("The Single Factor"), without the electric guitar solos. I like the catchy "Women Were Watching" and "Love In A Hot Air Balloon". But this album is not his best one, and the fan may be quite disappointed.

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars It's not bad album. It's just not prog, or maybe it's pure 80s pop prog, so after so many prog albums I've listened, I feel I'm not good to understand it and even appreciate it. I'm just not into 80s pop. Rock maybe, it's still little bit listenable, but not only after prog, but also when comparing to his other works (Tarka, Slow Dance, Works...), this fails. Why ? Because this is different and is not trying to be normal. Well, this is not trying to be something better, while his other work is better. Strange paradox, but normal thing in prog music.

I probably don't have to say that tracks sounds one like each other, without any message it may have to say. Maybe it's because I don't know how to enjoy this, but maybe it's just bad album. Two stars, this does not deserves litanies.

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I knew of two facets from this artist before this album (not speaking about his "Genesis" career).

The first one is the brain behind two very good albums: "Geese & Ghost" as well as "Private Parts II" which featured some wonderful symphonic and bombastic prog rock that should delight most of the symph lovers (to whom I belong).

The second one was the guitar player who released personal acoustic albums which are not essential ("Private Parts I" and "III").

The third facet appears dramatically on this "Invisible Men": the pop-rock artist. Although this could already be experienced during "Wise After The Event" or even "Sides". But it reaches another extent here. And I have to say that the result is not really good.

Most of these song are quite basic and sounds flat ("My Time Has Come"). The synthetic aspects from "1984"are present during "Golden Bodies". Some tracks are even new wave oriented like "Going For Broke"! The whole sounds very poppish and I agree that from time to time, it reminds the Camel from the late seventies or early eighties ("Sally"). But I never have considered this as being their best times.

So is this album: a succession of very average songs ("Exocet") and the disco-pop "Love In A Hot Air Balloon" which is a real pain to my ears. The nadir is being reached with "I Want Your Heart". But each track is almost ending to the same result.

Maybe that Anthony surfed on another wave during this period. Maybe that he tried to gain new fans and diversify his base. I don't know but the result is IMHHO quite disappointing. I am still wondering why I rate this with two stars.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Invisible Prog

Within Anthony Phillips' own discography the closest comparison for the present album is the first side of Sides. Other reference points are the solo albums by other Genesis members, like Tony Banks' The Fugitive for example, released the same year as Invisible Men. This album is also comparable to the very least adventurous and most commercial releases by the likes of Electric Light Orchestra (Discovery), Alan Parsons Project (Vulture Culture), Barclay James Harvest (Victims Of Circumstance), and the poppiest singles by Mike Oldfield.

Invisible Men is a Pop album made up of short vocally driven tunes dominated by thin synthesiser sounds and cheap drum machines. Guitars are rather scarce here, and some horrible brass instruments have crept in. There is not one trace of anything progressive to be found here.

There is however one good song here in The Women Were Watching, a folky Pop Rock song with a strong melody, a good anti-war lyric, and some nice flute (or something that sounds like a flute). Though, I'm sure that this song would have been even better had the drum machines been replaced by proper drums and the rigid, monotonic rhythm had been loosened up somewhat and the instruments had a more organic sound.

Hardly Anthony Phillips greatest achievement

5 stars A greatly underrated album.At least in his top ten. Maybe many fans would be diapointed when the album went out just because of its "poppy" sound,but in fact his style ain't change that much.His romantic was still there.If he had moved out all modern sounds,this one could be another exc ... (read more)

Report this review (#276206) | Posted by Fugabacubus | Saturday, April 3, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANTHONY PHILLIPS "Anthony Phillips & Richard Scott: Invisible Men"