INVISIBLE MEN

Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. Sally (3:53)
2. Golden bodies (3:16)
3. Going for broke (3:30)
4. Exocet (3:19)*
5. Love in a hot air balloon (3:42)
6. Traces (4:49)
7. I want your heart (3:51)
8. Falling for love (3:33)
9. Guru (4:42)
10. The women were watching (4:46)
11. My time has come (4:46)

* On the Street Tunes release, this track is replaced by "It's not easy" (4:47)

Total Time (Passport release): 44:07
Total Time (St.Tunes release): 45:35

Cd track listing:
1. Golden bodies (3:16)
2. The women were watching (4:46)
3. Traces (4:49)
4. Exocet (3:19)
5. Love in a hot air balloon (3:42)
6. Going for broke (3:30)
7. Falling for love (3:33)
8. Sally (3:53)
9. I want your heart (3:51)
10. Guru (4:42)
11. It's not easy (4:47)
12. My time has come (4:46)
Bonus tracks on cd releases:
13. Trail of tears (5:31)
14. The battle of Pentee (3:35)
15. Alex (5:39)

Search ANTHONY PHILLIPS Invisible Men lyrics

Search ANTHONY PHILLIPS Invisible Men tabs

Anthony Phillips / guitar, guitar (bass), guitar (electric), vocals, guitar (12 String), producer, guitar (classical), Jupiter 8, Polymoog, Arp 2600
- Martin Drover / trumpet
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Joji Hirota / cymbals, marimba, tambourine, tympani [timpani], shaker, wood block, jawbone, bell tree, cabasa
- Morris Pert / tambourine, kalimba, shaker, jawbone
- Vic Stench / bass, double bass
- Bimbo Acock / saxophone, brass arrangement
- Richard Scott / piano, guitar (electric), choir, chorus, noise, producer, vocoder, drum machine, tubular bells, Roland TR-808

Cd. Virgin CDOVD 323 (1991) / Cd. Virgin 261 070 (1991) / Cd. Blueprint BP 211 (1996)

ANTHONY PHILLIPS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS Invisible Men Music

Invisible MenInvisible Men
Extra tracks · Import · Limited Edition
Disk Union Japan 2007

More places to buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS music online Buy ANTHONY PHILLIPS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANTHONY PHILLIPS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANTHONY PHILLIPS Invisible Men ratings distribution

ANTHONY PHILLIPS Invisible Men reviews

Review by greenback
3 stars This album is the most pop and rythmic one of Anthony PHILLIPS. The fresh songs have full of instruments quite well played. The singer sounds a bit like CAMEL's or CARAVAN's: his voice is outstanding.

Some songs sound a bit like the CAMEL of the 80's ("The Single Factor"), without the electric guitar solos. I like the catchy "Women Were Watching" and "Love In A Hot Air Balloon". But this album is not his best one, and the fan may be quite disappointed.

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#25965) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
2 stars It's not bad album. It's just not prog, or maybe it's pure 80s pop prog, so after so many prog albums I've listened, I feel I'm not good to understand it and even appreciate it. I'm just not into 80s pop. Rock maybe, it's still little bit listenable, but not only after prog, but also when comparing to his other works (Tarka, Slow Dance, Works...), this fails. Why ? Because this is different and is not trying to be normal. Well, this is not trying to be something better, while his other work is better. Strange paradox, but normal thing in prog music.

I probably don't have to say that tracks sounds one like each other, without any message it may have to say. Maybe it's because I don't know how to enjoy this, but maybe it's just bad album. Two stars, this does not deserves litanies.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#236241) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I knew of two facets from this artist before this album (not speaking about his "Genesis" career).

The first one is the brain behind two very good albums: "Geese & Ghost" as well as "Private Parts II" which featured some wonderful symphonic and bombastic prog rock that should delight most of the symph lovers (to whom I belong).

The second one was the guitar player who released personal acoustic albums which are not essential ("Private Parts I" and "III").

The third facet appears dramatically on this "Invisible Men": the pop-rock artist. Although this could already be experienced during "Wise After The Event" or even "Sides". But it reaches another extent here. And I have to say that the result is not really good.

Most of these song are quite basic and sounds flat ("My Time Has Come"). The synthetic aspects from "1984"are present during "Golden Bodies". Some tracks are even new wave oriented like "Going For Broke"! The whole sounds very poppish and I agree that from time to time, it reminds the Camel from the late seventies or early eighties ("Sally"). But I never have considered this as being their best times.

So is this album: a succession of very average songs ("Exocet") and the disco-pop "Love In A Hot Air Balloon" which is a real pain to my ears. The nadir is being reached with "I Want Your Heart". But each track is almost ending to the same result.

Maybe that Anthony surfed on another wave during this period. Maybe that he tried to gain new fans and diversify his base. I don't know but the result is IMHHO quite disappointing. I am still wondering why I rate this with two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#313511) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Invisible Prog

Within Anthony Phillips' own discography the closest comparison for the present album is the first side of Sides. Other reference points are the solo albums by other Genesis members, like Tony Banks' The Fugitive for example, released the same year as Invisible Men. This album is also comparable to the very least adventurous and most commercial releases by the likes of Electric Light Orchestra (Discovery), Alan Parsons Project (Vulture Culture), Barclay James Harvest (Victims Of Circumstance), and the poppiest singles by Mike Oldfield.

Invisible Men is a Pop album made up of short vocally driven tunes dominated by thin synthesiser sounds and cheap drum machines. Guitars are rather scarce here, and some horrible brass instruments have crept in. There is not one trace of anything progressive to be found here.

There is however one good song here in The Women Were Watching, a folky Pop Rock song with a strong melody, a good anti-war lyric, and some nice flute (or something that sounds like a flute). Though, I'm sure that this song would have been even better had the drum machines been replaced by proper drums and the rigid, monotonic rhythm had been loosened up somewhat and the instruments had a more organic sound.

Hardly Anthony Phillips greatest achievement

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1140142) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 01, 2014

5 stars A greatly underrated album.At least in his top ten. Maybe many fans would be diapointed when the album went out just because of its "poppy" sound,but in fact his style ain't change that much.His romantic was still there.If he had moved out all modern sounds,this one could be another exc ... (read more)

Report this review (#276206) | Posted by Fugabacubus | Saturday, April 03, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANTHONY PHILLIPS "Invisible Men"