LOST IN TIME

The Storm Lost in Time album cover

Buy THE STORM Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2013

Disc 1: The Storm (1974)
1. I've Gotta Tell You Mama (3:06)
2. I Am Busy (3:10)
3. Un Señor Llamado Fernández De Córdoba (5:42)
4. Woman Mine (4:44)
5. It's All Right (2:45)
6. I Don't Know (3:33)
7. Crazy Machine (6:58)
8. Experiencia Sin Órgano (3:45)

Time: 33:43

Disc 2: El Día De La Tormenta (1979)
1. Este Mundo (5:02)
2. La Luz De Tu Voz (5:07)
3. Saeta Ensayo (Part 1) (6:53)
4. Saeta Ensayo (Part 2) (5:43)
5. Lejos De La Civilización (4:31)
6. Desde El Mar Y Las Estrellas (4:40)
7. El Día De La Tormenta (5:26)

Time: 37:22

- Diego Ruiz / drums, vocals
- Pedro García / bass
With:
- José Torres / bass, vocals

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

THE STORM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE STORM Lost in Time Music

Lost In TimeLost In Time
Musea/Azafran Media 1979

More places to buy THE STORM music online Buy THE STORM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE STORM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE STORM Lost in Time ratings distribution

THE STORM Lost in Time reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars The best thing in being a reviewer (for a prog magazine in addition to PA) is to receive CD's of artists I would probably never come across myself. This Spanish group is such case. The Storm was founded in Sevilla 1969 as Los Tormentos. Their main influence was DEEP PURPLE. This double deluxe CD (1000 limited edition) includes both albums of their career.

"The Storm " (1974) is hard-riffing heavy rock sung in English. As with Deep Purple, the organ has a big role. I don't enjoy the vocal tracks, the rough singing is very pushed and pretentious as it tries to sound heavy. Some songs are just plain poor and clichéd. There are three instrumentals; with the exception of guitar-heavy 'Experiencia Sin Órgano', meaning Experience Without Organ, they are the highlights for me. All in all this 34-minute album is not spectacular. Hardly it has notable historic value either, unlike e.g. PAN & REGALIZ' sole album from a few years earlier. The production however is quite OK.

After disbanding in 1976 - because of the Army duties - they returned in 1978. Only the bassist had changed. Funnily the two preceding reviews of The Storm prefer the debut over the second album, El Dia de la Tormenta (1979). Well, I enjoy it much more! Firstly, it's good to hear them perform in their own language.

Now the heavy rock aspect is mostly put aside, even the almost-normalized singing is much better. Actually it makes me think of Swedish KAIPA's debut album: it's not quite as high, but the singing style is rather similar. Especially on the opening track, which is the hardest rocking, there still are some heavy rock mannered vocal harmonies and vibrato too. From the second track onwards ('La Luz de Tu Voz' means the light of your voice, I suppose) one hears a notable pop attitude in compositions and playing. A lot had happened in music during those five years, and it's interesting to hear how it shows in The Storm's music. Naturally we must remember that many brave European artists kept on doing fine progressive rock at the risk of being ignored, and unfortunately this album cannot be counted in that category. It simply is too commercial-sounding for that.

But still I like it. The music is not TOO poppy, and there certainly are some progressive elements. Synths come to the fore especially on the two-part instrumental 'Saeta Ensayo', which in its melodic airiness reminds me of some CAMEL stuff. Also the electric guitar gets some soloing, after which the various organ sounds get more playful. 'Lejos de la Civilización' is rather straight-forward simplistic pop song, but a nice one. 'Desde el Mar Y las Estrellas' is very enjoyable song with lots of emotion and elegant soloing for Moog and electric guitar. Really great melodies here! The title track approaches disco-like beat and features a bit outdated synth carpets.

I'm not totally sure if I'll keep this set on my shelves, but it certainly was a pleasure to come across. By the way, if both albums were put in one disc, it would have been only about 72 minutes long. I'm really difficult to charm with multi-folded covers if the illustration is nothing special.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#1145121) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 10, 2014

Post a review of THE STORM "Lost in Time"