FROM THE DAYS OF DEUCALION, CHAPTER 1

Leap Day From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1 album cover

Buy LEAP DAY Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. Ancient Times (2:08)
2. Signs On The 13th (9:40)
3. Changing Directions (7:48)
4. Insects (11:12)
5. Hurricane (5:09)
6. Ambrosia (5:09)
7. Haemus (5:30)
8. Llits Doots Nus - Sun Stood Still (6:57)

Search LEAP DAY From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1 lyrics

Peter Stel - Bassgitar
Derk Evert Waalkens - Keyboards, Percussion, Backing Vocals

OSKAR 1059 CD

Artwork by Rafal Paluszek
Concept is based on Immanuel Velikovsky's work "Worlds In Collision"

Thanks to akagert for the addition

LEAP DAY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEAP DAY From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1 Music

Skylge's LairSkylge's Lair
Oskar
From The Days Of Deucalion / Chapter 1From The Days Of Deucalion / Chapter 1
Awaking The MuseAwaking The Muse
Oskar

More places to buy LEAP DAY music online Buy LEAP DAY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEAP DAY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEAP DAY From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1 ratings distribution

LEAP DAY From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1 reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Neo Prog by a Dutch band totally new to me, interesting. I'm having some positive expectations for this nice looking album. At first the low volume level fooled me until I understood to turn the stereo notably louder than usual. Yeah, all right, this is pretty functionable and typical Neo stuff, derivative mostly from GENESIS. Solid, clear guitar sounds and a lot of keyboards. The compositions too have some IQ style here and there, with some slowly built dramatic tension, but the music is never as effective as IQ can be.

The vocals are the weak link to me, sounding like a cross between PENDRAGON's boyish Nick Barrett and an effort to be a Peter Gabriel clone. Occasionally, at least on calmer parts, that effort succeeds, but frankly I'm very bored of vocalists who try to sound like Gabriel. Here it too often means just stuffy, bad vocals. Luckily many tracks are instrumentally oriented, so the vocals are not ruining the whole (nearly 54 minute) album. But honestly the level of compositions on this album is very uneven, variating beween pretty good and annoyingly bad ('Hurricane'). After all my wish of having found a new good Neo band was not quite fulfilled. Either 2 or three stars, since the best tracks may be potential growers.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#1147772) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 14, 2014

4 stars This is actually the first Leap Day album that I got, so I can't compare this album with their other works. But a true solid album it is! Just by the cover I knew this was going to be good. The head painted by the dots of the stars (Deucalion?) grabbed my attention right away. If you combine th ... (read more)

Report this review (#1080058) | Posted by GuntherW | Friday, November 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Dutch proggers Leap Day are around for quite a while now. They started back in 2008 and they were called a 'super group' right from the start just because almost all the band members played in other prog bands as well. But to be honest I never considered them to be a 'super group'. They're just ... (read more)

Report this review (#1076915) | Posted by yarno | Friday, November 15, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LEAP DAY "From The Days Of Deucalion, Chapter 1"