THE SNOW GOOSE (RE-RECORDING)

Camel

Camel The Snow Goose (Re-recording) album cover

Essential: a masterpiece of
progressive rock music

Buy CAMEL Music
Studio Album, released in 2013

1. The Great Marsh (2:09)
2. Rhayader (3:06)
3. Rhayader Goes To Town (5:28)
4. Sanctuary (Revised edition) (2:57)
5. Fritha (1:27)
6. The Snow Goose (3:02)
7. Friendship (1:50)
8. Migration (Revised edition) (4:29)
9. Rhayader Alone (Revised edition) (3:24)
10. Flight Of The Snow Goose (2:27)
11. Preparation (3:54)
12. Dunkirk (5:39)
13. Epitaph (Revised edition) (1:32)
14. Fritha Alone (1:47)
15. La Princesse Perdue (5:18)
16. The Great Marsh (1:35)

Search CAMEL The Snow Goose (Re-recording) lyrics

- Denis Clement / drums, percussion, keyboards, cannon

Produced, arranged and mixed by Denis Clement and Andrew Latimer
Mastered by Tony Cousins
Design & Illustrations by Michael Munday

CD Camel Productions CP0014CD (2013)

Thanks to BrunoSamppa for the addition
and to SouthSideoftheSky for the last updates

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL The Snow Goose (Re-recording) Music

Stationary TravellerStationary Traveller
Universal I.S. 1989
BreathlessBreathless
Polygram UK 1992
Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985
Box set · Import · Remastered
Ume Imports 2010
MoonmadnessMoonmadness
Polygram UK 2002
Rain DancesRain Dances
101 Distribution 2009
Camel ?- I Can See Your House From Here Label: Decca ?- 6.24132 AP LP RECORDS US $15.00 Buy It Now 30m 50s
CAMEL/i can see your home/1979 uk import US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
EXOTICA INSTRO: Tommy Stephens The Camel's Jump promo ABC mp3 US $7.95 [0 bids]
Peter Frampton - Frampton's Camel US $2.00 [0 bids]
BILL ROBIN & BLUE JAYS Camel Walk promo 7" 45rpm tittyshaker US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE SOPWITH CAMEL rare 1994 issue ONE WAY records 12 tracks MINT CD US $31.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Peter Frampton Frampton's Camel LP 1973 A&M SP 4389 Vinyl Record US $3.79 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Camel-I can see your house from here-LP-1979-TXS R 137-VG+ US $16.11 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL sopwith camel LP VG Promo KLPS 8060 Vinyl 1967 Record US $11.25 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Camel Rain Dances LP 1977 Near Mint Copy US $14.44 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Frampton's Camel Vinyl LP, Peter Frampton US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
CAMEL Rain Dances CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
CAMEL - "CAMEL" CLASSIC PROG BANDS FIRST ALBUM MCA REISSUE IN TOP CONDITION US $24.18 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "The Single Factor" Original music cassette US $1.60 [0 bids]
7h
THE SOPWITH CAMEL - HELLO HELLO // TREADIN' - ORIGINAL VG+ US $3.30 Buy It Now 7h 14m
VOYEUR s/t SEALED LP mca camel '85 funk Dazz Band US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Pete Bardens Speed Of Light CD Camel Mick Fleetwood US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
PETER FRAMPTON'S CAMEL: Frampton's Camel LP (WLP, w/ promo poster, punch hole) US $30.00 Buy It Now 9h 54m
CAMEL BREATHLESS RECORD LP UK DECCA 1978 TXS-R132 +INSERT NR MINT UNPLAYED? US $8.05 [0 bids]
A Live Album by Camel(Decca...1978) EXC 2 LP Set US $7.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL The Snow Goose GP-156 LP Ag1401 US $5.24 [2 bids]
Fish - Internal Exhile 12" PICTURE DISC UK PRESS Polydor Marillion Camel US $9.99 [0 bids]
1982 - Camel - The SINGLE FACTOR - Excellent US $4.00 Buy It Now 12h 18m
Sopwith Camel self-titled LP-Kama Sutra US $9.95 [0 bids]
HEAR IT 45 rpm Johnnie & Jack "Camel Walk Stroll" from 1957 US $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 29m
Vapour Trails-self titled LP!John McBurnie(Patrick Moraz/Jackson Heights/CAMEL) US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 37m
The Groovers - Put Me Down Easy/I Want To Go Back Home UK Pama Camel VG/VG- US $34.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Bubblegum, Garage and Pop Nuggets CD Time Life - Sopwith Camel - Crazy Elephant US $29.99 [0 bids]
Framptons Camel Self Titled Rock LP A&M Records SP 4389 US $2.00 Buy It Now 13h 18m
PETER FRAMPTON - "Frampton's Camel" LP 1973 EARLY US + 2 POSTERS - (Porky/Pecko) US $24.88 Buy It Now 13h 26m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS -JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 13h 51m
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Blue Camel - Rabih Abou-Khalil ???? ??? ???? (CD, Oct-1992, Enja Records) RARE!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 16h 9m
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $45.50 Buy It Now 16h 40m
(DR6) CD Camel Echoes Double Disc Set 844340-2 US $14.52 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Pete Bardens /Heart To Heart [BVCM37617] JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW CAMEL US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 25m
"A Man IS Not a Camel" Frenzal Rhomb *NEAR MINT* 1999 CD US $10.50 Buy It Now 17h 44m
CAMEL 12 x Japan mini LP CD collection with Disk Union promo box US $420.00 Buy It Now 17h 57m
CAMEL 4 x Japan mini LP CDs (Dust & Dreams, Harbour of Tears, Rajaz, Nod & Wink) US $190.00 Buy It Now 18h 4m
Camel - Rain Dances 1977 vinyl LP in excellent++ condition. US $20.95 Buy It Now 19h 44m
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $45.50 Buy It Now 19h 53m
CAMEL - RAIN DANCES (IMPORT) NEW CD US $39.01 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Peter Frampton - Frampton's Camel [CD New] US $15.74 Buy It Now 20h 38m
GRACE GALE - FEW EASY STEPS TO SECURE HELI-CAMEL SAFETY - NEW CD US $6.59 Buy It Now 22h 13m
CAMEL - A LIVE RECORD DBC-R7/8 FULL FREQUENCY STEREOPHONIC SOUND 1978 US $16.11 Buy It Now 22h 37m
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS GATEFOLD LP TXS-R 115 1976 PROGRESSIVE ROCK 1ST PRESSING US $16.11 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Camel : Master Series CD (2000) US $13.31 Buy It Now 22h 43m
CAMEL "Breathless" Orig LP 1978 EXCELLENT Clean DJ COPY! US $0.99 [0 bids]
FORCE 7 lifeline 12" 2 trk b/w catwalk dub (sc002) silver camel company sleeve u US $8.45 Buy It Now 1 day
The Camel and the Monkey / The Princess and the Pea; 78 RPM PicturTone Record US $7.49 [0 bids]
CAMEL MIRAGE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $145.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Echoes (The Retrospective, 1999) 2 CD BOX SET -FREE FASTPOST US $29.02 Buy It Now 1 day
SOPWITH CAMEL LP NM VINYL KAMA SUTRA 1967/PSYCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Coming of Age - Camel New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $34.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Frampton's Camel Original Vinyl Lp Stereo NEW Factory Sealed US $39.99 [0 bids]
Camel "NUDE" on Passport records PB 6008 excellent condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Prog Rock Cd Lot (Camel, Gentle Giant, Yes, Steve Hillage, Wakeman) US $15.00 [1 bids]
Camel - Camel NEW CD US $8.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Echoes: The Retrospective by Camel (CD, Jul-1993, 2 Discs, Deram (USA)) US $20.02 [0 bids]
CAMEL FOOTAGE - NEW DVD US $26.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Sopwith Camel Self Titled 12 Tracks Very Good Condition CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 5 ORIGINAL UK PRESSING REGGAE 45'S SKINHEAD TROJAN CAMEL DUKE ATTACK US $50.01 [9 bids]
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS [DELUXE EDITION] [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL RARE '81 'NUDE' Tour Badge From 1981 Hammersmitn Odeon Gig US $16.13 [0 bids]
The Sopwith "Camel" 45 Treadin'/Hello Hello Kama Sutra #KA217 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARAGE PSYCH 45 - THE SOPWITH CAMEL - POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA - PIC SLEEVE US $5.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - THE SNOW GOOSE UK DECCA 7 inch Single VG+ US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Rock by Chuck Pyle (CD, Apr-1995, Bee 'N Flower Music) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GLENDON & MAXINE FALOON SING CAMEL TRAIN, EAB 123074 CHARLESTON US $40.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rain Dances - Camel New & Sealed SHM-CD Free Shipping US $37.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Shri Camel by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley (CD, Mar-1988, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
DJ SHADOW - Live Camel Bobsled Race - Rare Original UK Pressing 1997 EP VG+ US $15.00 [3 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL, THE: Postcard From Jamaica/Little Orphan Annie rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mirage [ Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $2.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL LP ~ I Can See Your House From Here ~ 1980 Arista orig. photo inner VG+ US $3.50 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens-Speed Of Light-RARE PROMO-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!CAMEL!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - ON THE ROAD 1972 - US Lady Fantasy White Rider Prog CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL 1973 US $1.49 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL THE MIRACULOUS HUMP RETURNS FROM THE MOON LP 915 US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - CAMEL [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
God of Light: 1973-1975 by Camel CD, Aug-2002 PCCY-01600 Pony Canyon NO OBI US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-PRESSURE POINTS - CAMEL LIVE IN CONCERT-10 TRACK CD 1984 LONDON LABEL-RARE US $22.62 Buy It Now 1 day
RaRe Import CAMEL I Can See Your House From Here Promo LP + Insert US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel: The Snow Goose (Japan SHM-SACD Super Audio CD) US $177.42 [0 bids]
Camel 1st self titled LP UK Import MUPS 473 7lnmg 275 2 L US $41.00 [0 bids]
Camel/self titled/new cd/bonus tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens Heart to Heart Japan Mini LP Camel US $9.99 [0 bids]
Giuffria MCA-5524 1984 Camel Records Do Me Right, Call To The Heart, Dance, Lone US $4.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - RAJAZ. JAPAN.OBI US $5.99 [0 bids]
Tiger - Guilty/Funny Funny Man Pama Camel 1971 Skinhead Reggae VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Few Easy Steps to Secure Heli-Camel Safety, Grace Gale, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL RAIN DANCES ISRAELI 1st PRESS LP PAX ISRAEL US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel-Nude-Lp -a2 b1 -SKL5323-VG+ US $12.89 [0 bids]
Camel-self named-Lp -a1 b1 -MCF2665-Garrod lofthouse Ltd cover US $12.89 [0 bids]
Camel - Snow Goose [CD New] US $21.45 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL The Snow Goose (Re-recording) ratings distribution

CAMEL The Snow Goose (Re-recording) reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Better than the original!

I am usually somewhat sceptical when a band decides to re-record one of their classic albums. But when I heard that Camel had re-recorded The Snow Goose, I was intrigued as I have always thought that this particular album deserved to be re-recorded. I have always found the original Snow Goose a bit timid and lacking in edge (and just generally not up to the high standard of the superb albums that surrounded it: Mirage and Moonmadness). Whenever bits and pieces of The Snow Goose has been performed live and included on various recent live releases (like the excellent Coming Of Age and Never Let Go sets), the material has been given extra energy and added "punch" that was missing on the original recording. I am happy to say that the band has gone to some lengths to remedy some of the insufficiencies of the 1975 classic with this 2013 re-recording.

The differences between the old and the new versions are rather subtle however, and you should not expect any radical departures from the original album. This is a somewhat revised and enhanced re-recording of a familiar work, not a novel reinterpretation of it. The context matters here since the band was preparing and rehearsing for a tour in which they were planning to perform The Snow Goose album in its entirety when the idea to re-record it in the studio arose. Also, Andy Latimer had just recovered from a very serious illness that he thankfully managed to survive and the band had no new material. In these circumstances it made sense for them to revive and revise an older classic and record the new arrangement of it to promote the tour. The band here consists of Latimer on guitars, keyboards, and flute, Colin Bass on bass guitar, Guy LeBlanc on keyboards, and Denis Clement on drums (with the four of them occasionally borrowing each others' instruments as can be seen by studying the individual credits for each track).

The new arrangement stays rather faithful to the original though one notices right away that this new version is about six and a half minutes longer in total. Four tracks that have been subtitled 'revised edition'. These are Sanctuary, Migration, Rhayader Alone, and Epitaph. Sanctuary, Migration, Rhayader Alone, and La Princesse Perdue have been noticibly elongated. On Migration the wordless vocalisations of the original have been replaced by electric guitar to great effect. What I still tend not to like though are the orchestral overtones on a few passages that have been recreated here, like that horrible crumhorn sound on Friendship. I would have preferred them to replace that with 'normal' keyboard sounds. But overall I think that this new version is both worthwhile and in several ways an improvement over the original.

The disc comes in a simple but very nice digi-pack with also the cover art having been improved. The new recording is dedicated to Peter Bardens who passed away in 2002, and Doug Ferguson and Andy Ward are also acknowledged for "their valued contributions to the original concept, development and recording of The Snow Goose, which have endured to this day".

The original Snow Goose is actually my least favourite of Camel's four first albums and this re-make does not change that, but it has made me award an extra star compared to the original. Having at least one version of this classic of Symphonic Prog in your collection is essential. (Though, probably only fans like me will feel the need to have both versions.)

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1121870) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 27, 2014

4 stars I love Camel - I've seen them live sooo many times and have always come away from gigs with a huge grin on my face, loving the fact that they still exist. Of course over the last couple of years gigs have been a bit sparse due to Andy Latimer's illness, so the rerecording and subsequent tour to ... (read more)

Report this review (#1245000) | Posted by ProggyDon | Tuesday, August 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It's hard to fathom as why Latimer has decided to do this, which is practically Camel doing a Camel cover. Furthermore, is it possible to improve upon one of the greatest prog classics of many decades? Many of us regard the original line-up as superior to later incarnations of Camel, that is ... (read more)

Report this review (#1121507) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Sunday, January 26, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I must admit I am not terribly fond of Camel as a band. I find most of their music pleasant and orderly, but maybe a tad too orderly .. too docile to be hanging out at the wild prog party. I have all of their early albums on LP's, but I haven't listened to the Moonmadness and Mirage for years ... (read more)

Report this review (#1112432) | Posted by Argonaught | Saturday, January 11, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This could have gone wrong in countless ways, but it didn't. With some changes in recording and mixing really make the old masterpiece become sound fresh and interesting. It's generally slower and mellower than the original. They have extended some of the short songs ("Sanctuary", "Migration", and " ... (read more)

Report this review (#1108734) | Posted by Imperial Zeppelin | Monday, January 06, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If it makes me an "expert", the fact that I heard the original CAMEL's (1975) "The Snow Goose" like 100s of times. Not because I like the band, but my sister played that record, constantly and daily in those prog years. Well, here is my point of view... I always kind of never fell for this band, ... (read more)

Report this review (#1087653) | Posted by admireArt | Sunday, December 08, 2013 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "The Snow Goose (Re-recording)"