RISET BAK SPEILET

Tusmørke Riset Bak Speilet album cover

Buy TUSMØRKE Music
Studio Album, released in 2014

1. Offerpresten (8:04)
2. Gamle Aker Kirke (8:03)
3. Black Swift (8:40)
4. All Is Lost (7:26)
5. Riset bak speilet (14:12)

CD release bonus tracks:
6. Mener vi alvor nå? (4:03)
7. Kairo (9:40)
8. En verden av i går (10:47)

Search TUSMØRKE Riset Bak Speilet lyrics

Search TUSMØRKE Riset Bak Speilet tabs

- Marxo Solinas / organ
- Benediktator / bass and vocals
- Krizla / flute and vocals
- HlewagastiR / drums

LP Svart Records SVR270 (2014 Norway)
CD Svart Records SVR270CD (2014 Finland)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

TUSMØRKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TUSMØRKE Riset Bak Speilet Music

More places to buy TUSMØRKE music online Buy TUSMØRKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

TUSMØRKE Riset Bak Speilet ratings distribution

TUSMØRKE Riset Bak Speilet reviews

Review by Second Life Syndrome
4 stars It must be the time of year for prog folk releases, as Tusmorke (meaning "twilight") and Ian Anderson have both released new albums recently. If I have to be honest, though, I much prefer this new album from Tusmorke, "Riset Bak Speilet". These Norwegians have some inspired passages to share with us, even if it's done in a not-so-perfect fashion.

A very "full" sounding prog folk music, Tusmorke combine the standard organ and flute with other prog rock instruments to make a lusher soundscape. The music is rather dark at times, though never suffocating. More than anything, the music just meanders along pleasantly while taking some downward dips here and there. I rather like the use of the flute to keep a constant flow of melody, rather than just use it to play solos, like some other artists. Tusmorke likes to build a foundation of flute from which they can add more touches of other instruments to create an overall eeriness or beauty, whatever they desire.

The first and last songs are sung in Norwegian, I believe. The rest are mostly sung in English. I appreciated that, as an English speaker. The vocals are basically constant harmonization between two singers, and they perform very well. I honestly feel that their tone is perfect and wonderfully smooth. It adds a great touch to the already full feeling of the album.

"Riset Bak Speilet" features five great tracks, though I honestly do connect more with the English-sung ones. I especially love the deliciously eerie "Black Swift", as it's chorus is fantastically harmonized and the rest of the song is so delicately black and haunting. It also includes the best instrumental passage of the album. "Gamle Aker Kirke" is a wonderful, more upbeat track that I appreciate for its vocals, especially. "All is Lost" is also a flute- laden journey into darkness and momentum. I rather like its nuances and its atmosphere, as well as some well-timed signature changes therein.

Overall, Tusmorke have composed a wonderful album that will appeal to any fan of prog folk music. The middle three tracks are specifically good and more structured, regardless of the language differences. There is a certain maturity at work in this band's music, and a hypnosis that they try to engage, and succeed many times in creating. This is certainly an album worth hearing this year.

3.5 stars

3 stars Riset Bak Speilet is the second album by this Norwegian band. Keyboardist Deadly Nightshade had departed, in comes Marxo Solinas who is none other than Lars Fredrik Frøisle, who already appeared as a guest on their previous album, now a full-time member. In my opinion, this followup LP just doesn ... (read more)

Report this review (#1325083) | Posted by Progfan97402 | Tuesday, December 16, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TUSMØRKE "Riset Bak Speilet"