LISZTOMANIA

Rick Wakeman Lisztomania album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Rienzi / Chopsticks fantasia (4:20)
2. Love's dream (4:25)
3. Dante period (2:05)
4. Orpheus song (3:10)
5. Hell (1:59)
6. Hibernation (1:11)
7. Excelsior song (2:32)
8. Master race (0:45)
9. Rape, pillage & clap (3:09)
10. Funerailles (3:48)
11. Free song (Hungarian Rhapsody) (1:57)
12. Peace at last (2:59)

Search RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania lyrics

Search RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards, synthesizers
+ Roger Daltry / vocals (2-4-10-12)
- John Forsythe
- Linda Lewis / vocals (5)
- George Michie:
- Paul Nicholas / vocals (7)
- David Wilde / Liszt piano music
- The English Rock Ensemble
- The National Philharmonic Orchestra

Lp. A&M Records AMLH 64546 / Lp. A&M Records SP 4546 / Lp. A&M Records 89 463XOT / Cd. A&M Records D32Y 3550

RICK WAKEMAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania Music

RICK WAKEMAN - Lisztomania (Soundtrack) - LP Vinyl SP-4546 Roger Daltrey S-80 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 8m
RICK WAKEMAN LISZTOMANIA CD MINI LP OBI USD $16.49 Buy It Now 22h 8m
RICK WAKEMAN/ROGER DALTREY-LISZTOMANIA JAPAN LP NM WAX w/OBI GP-260 USD $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman Lisztomania Japan Mini LP SHM USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LISZTOMANIA, FILM SOUNDTRACK BY RICK WAKEMAN, ROGER DALTREY, LP 1975 UK EX-/VG+ USD $9.82 Buy It Now 4 days
Lisztomania soundtrack - Rick Wakeman, Roger Daltrey - 1975 A&M LP USD $7.63 Buy It Now 5 days
LISZTOMANIA Rick Wakeman Roger Daltrey 1975 UK LP EX/EX USD $11.71 Buy It Now 5 days
RICK WAKEMAN Presnts Three Tracks From Lisztomania 7" 3 Track Flexi From 19 Maga USD $6.23 Buy It Now 6 days
LISZTOMANIA~SOUNDTRACK~ROGER DALTREY~RICK WAKEMAN~RARE 1975 FIRST PRESS~THE WHO USD $15.59 Buy It Now 6 days
LISZTOMANIA LP KEN RUSSELL FILM SOUNDTRACK Roger Daltrey Rick Wakeman USD $6.23 Buy It Now 8 days
Lisztomania - OST - feats Rick Wakeman.. - Free UK post USD $16.54 Buy It Now 9 days
LISZTOMANIA OST THE WHO ROGER DALTREY RICK WAKEMAN ISRAEL ISRAELI LP USD $80.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LISZTOMANIA RICK WAKEMAN ULTRA RARE NZ CASSETTE TAPE! USD $19.08 Buy It Now 10 days
Roger Daltrey The Who Lisztomania Rick Wakeman Ringo Starr still sealed USD $42.50 Buy It Now 10 days
LISZTOMANIA Soundtrack LP NM US ROGER DALTERY Rick Wakeman 1975 THE WHO USD $9.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Rick Wakeman - Lisztomania. 1975 UK Film Soundtrack LP Ex! USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10 days
RICK WAKEMAN Japan 1975 NM LP LISZTOMANIA USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Rick Wakeman 3 Lp lot Six Wives Of Henry 8th, No Earthly Connection, Lisztomania USD $16.99 Buy It Now 12 days
LISZTOMANIA - SOUNDTRACK RICK WAKEMAN, ROGER DALTREY, LINDA LEWIS AUS ED.1 USD $12.21 Buy It Now 12 days
Lisztomania roger daltry rick wakeman S-4546 LP 1975 Excellent Free Shipping USD $8.00 Buy It Now 14 days
OST Rick Wakeman ~ Lisztomania/ Japan LP/ Sheet YES Roger Daltrey USD $10.49 Buy It Now 18 days
RICK WAKEMAN - Lisztomania - flexi Disc USD $15.59 Buy It Now 20 days
RICK WAKEMAN LISZTOMANIA JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE UICY-94238 USD $31.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Roger Daltrey Rick Wakeman Lisztomania Soundtrack Cassette USD $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
OST 'LISZTOMANIA' UK SOUNDTRACK LP ROGER DALTREY RICK WAKEMAN USD $15.59 Buy It Now 23 days
RICK WAKEMAN - LISZTOMANIA 2003 JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $29.64 Buy It Now 23 days
Lisztomania sdtrk LP New/Sealed 1975 A&M Rec. SP-4546 Rick Wakeman USD $23.00 Buy It Now 24 days
LISZTOMANIA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RICK WAKEMAN / ROGER DALTRY VINYL L.P. ~~ USD $8.69 Buy It Now 24 days
Lisztomania - ROGER DALTREY & RICK WAKEMAN - German 1975 UK A&M Vinyl LP USD $39.00 Buy It Now 25 days
RICK WAKEMAN - LISZTOMANIA, JAPAN LP USD $25.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LISZTOMANIA (OST) Roger Daltrey & Rick Wakeman A&M 1975 USD $14.81 Buy It Now 26 days
Original Soundtrack Lisztomania Rick Wakeman 12 Track Vinyl LP Canadian Pressing USD $17.93 Buy It Now 27 days
RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania MINI LP CD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 27 days
RICK WAKEMAN/LISZTOMANIA w/OBI JPN GP 260 USD $23.00 Buy It Now 28 days
LISZTOMANIA SOUNDTRACK 1975 LP RICK WAKEMAN ROGER DALTREY VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 29 days
0 result found for "RICK WAKEMAN"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy RICK WAKEMAN music online Buy RICK WAKEMAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICK WAKEMAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania ratings distribution

RICK WAKEMAN Lisztomania reviews

Review by Zitro
1 stars This album is overly disappointing. Even Wakeman himself has said 'it stinks'. It is mediocre at best and weak in most places. Most of the music here is dark, with a few ballads fit in it. The ballads, while pretty, are uninspired, and the dark songs are done better in Judas, Jane Seymour, and other songs.

Only for completionists, do not buy!

My Grade : A Big Fat F

Review by greenback
3 stars This record is pretty different from Wakeman's usual progressive work: the songs here have almost all a different style: from classical music to floating mellotron ballads, passing by clavinet pop rock and piano solos, the repertoire is broad. Roger Daltrey's ordinary voice can be heard on the simpler songs; there is another singer on "Excelsior song" that almost sounds like a crooner. The music does not sound like a movie soundtrack. There are some very good & bombastic orchestral arrangements. However some of the Wakeman's fans could be quite disappointed: the often pop compositions are not really complex: they are just slightly progressive!

Rating: 3.5 stars

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars This is just the kind of an LP that you see in Red Cross circulation centre costing 1 euro and immediately decide to buy it for curiosity, knowing very well that musically it probably stinks. I did so, but my curiosity was more due to the Ken Russell film than Wakeman. The sleeve is full of wild pictures from the film (starring Roger Daltrey as Franz Liszt, featuring Wakeman as a viking cyborg!). Naturally I read what allmovie.com says about it, and it gives very bad review. It's easy to believe, with or without this soundtrack, that it's one hell of a crazy rubbish adult-fairytale film, extremely visual but nearly brainless. Russell does have more valuable films too, and if THEY are not shown in TV anymore either, there's no slightest reason to wish for seeing this one sometimes.

There's not much to say about the music. Wakey has arranged well-known pieces by Liszt and Richard Wagner into a pretentious pop opera style, with some little pieces of his own Lyrics are mainly by Daltrey (THE WHO), who is the main singer; one track is sung by Linda Lewis and one by Paul Nicholas. Must be some B-class actors... But the music is not so VERY bad (if not very good either), and it does have a certain value of interest. Therefor it just reaches into two stars from me.

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
3 stars Terrible movie, decent music and good performances

Progressive Rock fans are hard to understand, RICK WAKEMAN is an icon of the genre and one of the men who has done more for the music "we love", I rarely find a Proghead that didn't enjoyed "Close to the Edge" and at least two or three WAKEMAN albums, in every poll he's considered among the best and most popular keyboardists in history.

With 10% of this merits, any POP artist is considered an untouchable legend, but many of us who talk hours about our love for Prog, are the same ones who blame good old Rick as direct guilty of the first debacle of Symphonic Prog.

We shout "close minded" when anybody dares to admit he doesn't like "Thriller" or "Never Mind the Bollocks" but we say that "Lisztomania is crap and most nod in approval. Now, I admit this soundtrack is not a masterpiece in the level of "Six Wives of Henry the VIII", "Criminal Record" or "Myths & Legends", but it's a good chance to listen one of the best keyboardists in Rock history giving excellent performances on arrangements of Wagner and Liszt music.

If this wasn't enough, Roger Daltrey (A living Rock legend), the competent Paul Nicholas (Cousin Kevin in Tommy), The National Philharmonic Orchestra and The English Rock Ensemble are part of this album.

I agree that the movie is ridiculous, because it's like watching "Tommy" in the role of FRANZ LISZT facing WAKEMAN as the Nordic God Thor, but we are here because of the music, not the movie...and I believe that the music is not bad.

Apart from the usual clean piano performance, Rick plays a killer Moog in songs like "Master Race" or "Rape, Pillage & Clap" plus the memorable "Free Song" in which gives a lesson in the use of Synthesizers.

If this was one of his boring 80's New Age albums, I would be the first one to rate it low, but this is RICK WAKEMAN in 1975 at the peak of his career and the performances are above the average. The least "The Cape Crusader" deserves is respect and no less than 3 stars on this release.

Review by Gatot
3 stars Well, my chief reason to purchase the cassette version of this album when it was released was because of Rick's pervious albums and also his collaboration with Roger Daltry who came from another stream of rock music. Unfortunately I was so disappointed, overall, with this soundtrack album. Of course I have never watched the film as it's not my hobby; so I only focus on the music this soundtrack presents. One thing that made me play the cassette at that time because of 'Peace AT Last' that became one of major hits in the seventies: many radio stations aired this song alone and the presenter always mentioned Lisztomania as the song title instead of Peace AT Last.

That was then .... And later I found this album interesting. When I found that I had not reviewed this yet at this site, I then played this soundtrack again. Now I can see the joy of the music offered here. Yes there are many disjointed segments performed here and there but I fully understand why - because this is the soundtrack. It would be great watching the movie so that I can appreciate better. Having listened this soundtrack especially with those vocal parts by Roger, I can imagine how actually if Rick has had Roger to sing on his previous works with Ashley Holt. It would be great I believe. I can't imagine The Prisoner being sung by Roger Daltry.

Another good point about this soundtrack is the artwork: it's excellent!

Overall, this is a good music performed collaboratively by Rick and Roger. You should not expect this sounds similar with his previous albums like The Myths and Legends of King Arthur or Journey. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

3 stars In 1975 Rick accepted a commission from lunatic film director Ken Russell to produce the soundtrack for his latest piece of madness, Lisztomania. The soundtrack is composed almost entirely of music by Liszt and Wagner, played mostly by Rick, and is as endearingly bonkers as you might expect. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#77024) | Posted by MorgothSunshine | Wednesday, May 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICK WAKEMAN "Lisztomania"