TR3S LUNAS

Buy MIKE OLDFIELD Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Misty (4:00)
2. No Mans Land (6:10)
3. Return To The Origin (4:41)
4. Landfall (2:22)
5. Viper (4:35)
6. Turtle Island (3:43)
7. To Be Free (4:23)
8. Fire Fly (3:39)
9. Tr3s Lunas (4:37)
10. Daydream (2:17)
11. Thou Art In Heaven (5:24)
12. Sirius (5:50)
13. No Mans Land Reprise (2:53)
14. To Be Free - remix (3:55)

Search MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas lyrics

Search MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas tabs

- Mike Oldfield plays... electric guitars, Spanish guitar, bass guitar, synthesisers, mandolin, Grand piano
+ Jude Sim, Amar / vocals
- Sally Oldfield / spoken vocals
- Philip Lewis & Thomas SŁŖmair/ percussion programming

Wea International #WEA ∑ 0927-45892-2

MIKE OLDFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas Music

OmmadawnOmmadawn
Universal UK 2010
Tubular Bells, IITubular Bells, II
Reprise Records 2011
MIKE OLDFIELD-2 TITLE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD LTD SET R90 US $80.99 Buy It Now 32m 34s
MIKE OLDFIELD / TUBULAR BELLS JAPAN CD OOP US $29.99 Buy It Now 36m 43s
MIKE OLDFIELD UK 1985 7" Single Pictures In The Dark LEGEND B Side US $8.18 Buy It Now 37m 41s
Mike Oldfield "Wonderful Land" Rare Oz VIRGIN 7" US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 40m
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS UK EARLY ISSUE CD CDV2001 5012981200121 (1983) US $13.93 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Mike Oldfield - Tattoo - Scarce UK 4 track live CD + holographic pic insert US $8.18 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn Deluxe Edtn (NEW CD) US $19.65 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out (NEW CD) US $8.59 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Mike Oldfield - Portsmouth 7" US $6.56 Buy It Now 2h 46m
The Collection 1974-1983 Mike Oldfield CD 14 Hits UK Import Brand New US $9.41 Buy It Now 3h 34m
MIKE OLDFIELD "Tubular-Exorcis" HOLECOVER 7"PROMO ITALY US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells QUAD SQ Press ULTRASONIC CLEAN, EXC US $32.00 Buy It Now 4h
MIKE OLDFIELD / EXPOSED - DOUBLE LP 1st PRESS US $3.26 [1 bids]
PEKKA "THE MATHEMATICIAN'S AIR DISPLAY" (Mike Oldfield) RARE VIRGIN LP US $49.15 [0 bids]
Original 1973 MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" V2001 US $12.54 Buy It Now 4h 29m
MIKE OLDFIELD "Moonlight shadows" BANDOLERO -ORIG STRIP 7"ITALY PROMO JB-PERFECT US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Mike Oldfield - Orchestral Tubular Bells - Virgin 1975 - Promo - NM US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Mike Oldfield / Hergest Ridge / 1st Edition US $11.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD to france/in the pool 1984 YUGOSLAVIAN 7'' SINGLE US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 29m
MIKE OLDFIELD ROBERT POWELL THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER DAVID BEDFORD 1975 US $29.50 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Mike Oldfield - Far Above The Clouds - WEA #26387 US $8.18 Buy It Now 5h 55m
RARE MINT MIKE OLDFIELD BOXED VIRGIN RECORDS VBOX1 SET OF 4 1976 US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Mike Oldfield ?- Hergest Ridge LP VG+/NM Virgin Italiana OVED 163 US $22.00 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Vintage lot of 2 MIKE OLDFIELD Vinyl LP'S OMMADAWN & TUBULAR BELLS US $4.99 [0 bids]
mike oldfield - ctime of passion - 7" vinyl single US $16.37 Buy It Now 6h 15m
mike oldfield - pictures in the dark - 7" vinyl single US $13.09 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Mike Oldfield ?- Tubular Bells 2007 LP Mint Virgin ?VS 2001 200g reissue US $39.00 Buy It Now 6h 24m
MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells UK 180g vinyl LP + MP3 SEALED / NEW US $40.96 Buy It Now 7h 13m
The Songs of Distant Earth by Mike Oldfield (CD, Feb-1996, Warner Bros.) US $4.50 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD The Orchestral Tubular Bells CD 1974 (1986) Clssic Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Mike Oldfield - Essential Mike Oldfield [1997] (CD 1997) US $8.18 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Islands by Mike Oldfield (CD, Jun-1992, Virgin) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn [CD New] US $9.05 Buy It Now 7h 26m
MIKE OLDFIELD tubular bells JAPAN mini lp CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Mike Oldfield - Platinum (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $29.48 Buy It Now 7h 42m
MIKE OLDFIELD TUBULAR BELLS virgin 74 French orig Lp US $16.37 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Mike Oldfield - Qe2 (Deluxe) NEW 2 x CD US $21.57 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Mike Oldfield - Qe2 NEW CD US $7.36 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Mike Oldfield - Platinum NEW CD US $21.57 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Mike Oldfield - Music Of The Spheres [CD New] US $57.97 Buy It Now 8h 37m
MIKE OLDFIELD five miles out VIRGIN US $16.37 Buy It Now 8h 41m
VS 2001 - MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS - 200g Quiex SV-P - STILL SEALED US $33.00 Buy It Now 8h 44m
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS - CD - NEW - US $15.16 Buy It Now 8h 45m
MIKE OLDFIELD**QE2 (DELUXE EDITION/2012 REMASTER/BONUS TRACKS)**2 CD SET US $22.95 Buy It Now 8h 56m
MIKE OLDFIELD- Crises CD (1983 Album) UK CDVIP118 - Ambient Synth Pop US $10.88 Buy It Now 9h 9m
MIKE OLDFIELD - LIGHT + SHADE - NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 9h 10m
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells, Vol. 3 24HR POST!! US $7.36 Buy It Now 9h 20m
OST EXORCIST 45 7inch w/Picture Sheet Mike Oldfield Horror Movie JAPAN ISSUE US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Mike Oldfield - Gift Pack (2 CD + DVD, 2007) Elements Best Of Complete Hits US $49.15 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge 1974 Vinyl LP Record US $3.26 [0 bids]
THE SALLYANGIE Children Of The Sun GERMAN LINE TRANSATLANTIC CD mike oldfield US $14.95 Buy It Now 10h
The Sallyangie - Children Of Sun LP NEW Mike Oldfield US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 5m
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells promo cd Daily Mail US $4.10 Buy It Now 10h 17m
MIKE OLDFIELD-"ETUDE/ EVACUATION" NEW 1984 U.K. ISSUE 12" SINGLE-FULL VERSIONS US $7.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD . GUILTY . / EXCERPT FROM INCANTATIONS . 1979 . US $6.54 [0 bids]
11h
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells Virgin VR 13-105 Vinyl Record LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MIKE OLDFIELD islands LP VG+ 90645 1 Vinyl 1987 Record US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MIKE OLDFIELD LP - Hergest Ridge US $11.75 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield LP Ommadawn 1975 Quad Quadraphonic VG+/VG++ US $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 41m
MIKE OLDFIELD the who P.I.L MARC ALMOND madness VIRGIN ISRAELI ISRAEL LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Mike Oldfield - Man On The Rocks [2LP] (first new album since 2008, import) 2014 US $35.15 Buy It Now 11h 59m
MIKE OLDFIELD-PLATINUM DELUXE EDITION-JAPAN 2 MINI LP SHM-CD LTD I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Mike Oldfield-QE2 UK LP 1980 & Inner US $8.18 Buy It Now 12h 23m
MIKE OLDFIELD QE2 Vinyl LP Virgin V2181 US $14.73 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Mike Oldfield Islands CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
13h
Mike Oldfield, Ommadawn, Virgin, vv33.022v Rare Portugal press Vinyl, LP,12" US $29.48 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Mike Oldfield - Discovery CD (CDV 2308) US $13.99 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield - Music Wonderland CD (610-387-222) US $11.99 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells 45 A40 US $0.29 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield To France AUS Promo White Label Vinyl 7" US $54.99 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Mike Oldfield Earthmoving French Promo Label Vinyl 7" US $54.99 Buy It Now 16h 45m
Mike Oldfield Hergest Ridge USA Cassette Tape Slipcase US $8.24 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Nancy Loo Moonlight Shadow Japan Vinyl 7" Mike Oldfield US $69.99 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Mike Oldfield Guilty Japan Original Vinyl 7 inch Single 7" US $69.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
MIKE OLDFIELD TUBULAR BELLS ~ NEWCASTLE PROGRAMME ~ STING LAST EXIT THE POLICE US $737.51 Buy It Now 16h 58m
Mike Oldfield - Elements CD box set sealed OOP rare NEW US $204.00 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Islands, Mike Oldfield, New Original recording US $34.99 Buy It Now 18h 28m
MIKE OLDFIELD - FIVE MILES OUT (LP RECORD ) VG+ / NM 1982 EPIC NEW AGE US $4.99 [0 bids]
45 MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS - THEME FROM THE EXORCIST (1973) US $10.00 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD / AMAROK JAPAN CD OOP US $27.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells SHM SACD US $50.00 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield - Platinum Japan CD OBI VJD-23006 US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 7m
Hergest Ridge Mike Oldfield USA vinyl LP album record VR13-109 VIRGIN 1974 US $33.12 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Mike Oldfield-1989 magazine advert US $8.18 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MIKE OLDFIELD Pictures In The Dark 12" VIRGIN 1985 UK press US $12.29 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells V2001 A7U Good Condition US $22.11 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Mike Oldfield - Crises (CD 1994) US $4.90 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield Tubular Beats US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells / UK 1st LP / Two Virgins Label / EX+ US $21.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ORCHESTRAL TUBULAR BELLS - Mike Oldfield, David Bedford - '75 UK Virgin LP - NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE OLDFIELD - MAN ON THE ROCKS * VINYL 2 LP + MP3 NEW & SEALED US $19.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare hong kong EDITION/HK printed LP/mike oldfield/crises/1983 US $48.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield - The Songs Of Distant Earth (NEW CD) US $8.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells Ii (NEW CD) US $11.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield - Islands. 1987 UK Virgin LP Ex! US $6.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield - Platinum (2012) US $4.90 [0 bids]
Mike Oldfield - To France - UK 12" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SALLY NATASHA OLDFIELD - NATASHA (New & Sealed) CD Reissue Feat Mike Oldfield US $8.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield - The Songs Of Distant Earth NEW CD US $5.64 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BEATS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $32.53 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MIKE OLDFIELD music online Buy MIKE OLDFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MIKE OLDFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas ratings distribution

MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Three stars only beacuse my 10 year old son thinks this deserves a five. I am getting him into Songs from Distant Earth instead. Generally this album is nothing short of bland and is more a soundtrack to his computer game of the same name. It is a chill out album deluxe with very little risk taking, nice for hotel foyers in the Algarve.Best tracks are ' Tr3s Lunas' and ' Return to the Origin'

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#28508) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Review by russellk
1 stars "Hello? Can I talk about MIKE OLDFIELD'S new album? Yes, Tr3s Lunas. Is there no one who will talk to me?"

Dammit, they've put me on hold. Urgh, and with the worst kind of elevator music. Come on, come on, I can feel my brain leaking out of my ears ... wait a moment. That sounded suspiciously like a trademark OLDFIELD guitar note. No, surely not.

But it is. 'Tr3s Lunas'. (The '3' affectation in the name probably derivative of the Wip3out PS game, laden with the techno music OLDFIELD had become so enamoured of.) MIKE OLDFIELD managed to surgically remove all remaining passion and flair from his composition and in 2002 created an album that is the very essence of blandness.

Now I've been the subject of some fairly sharp reviews in my time. My novels have been called rubbish (check out Amazon.co.uk for some particularly cruel reviews). So I know how it feels to be lambasted, which is why I don't do it lightly to others.

I'm careful to indicate in a review who might like a work, if I don't like it myself. I have to admit I'm hard pressed to think of who this album might appeal to: certainly not to anyone who wants to listen to music for its own sake. Perhaps if someone needs inoffensive background noise, this might do the trick.

This is the soundtrack to a computer game. I certainly hope the game is more exciting than the music. Meanwhile I'm still on hold ...

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#139453) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I am certainly closer to Russelk than to Ricochet for this review.

New age stuff, boring stuff should I say. For about an hour! Not a great experience, I'm afraid. At times, some melodic and nice moments are even encountered : "No Mans Land" is by far my favourite song (the only one should I say). But the global feeling is not really strong. Even if "Return To The Origin" is pleasant as well. Ambient of course, but with a great and passionate melody. But these background beats are just a pity.

The experience turns sour with the next few tracks. I can't really endorse such useless sounds. Indeed elevator music. Or supermarket one. your choice. I guess that you have the idea. There are many "press next" T type of songs included in here. The trio "Viper", "Turtle Island" and "To Be Free" is particularly hard to digest. Get your "pastille Rennie" to survive.

Mike is trying to match a new era (the computer game one). Unfortunately, I'm an old freak who is not at all in the matter (but my eighteen years old son is, but he is not writing reviews on PA). And this type of music is just irritating.

Can't help Mike. You have produced so many great albums (OK, it was quite a while ago). This one won't serve you well, I'm afraid.

I really don't like it. One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#163493) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 08, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Moon blandness

Released in 2002, "Tres lunas" (Three moons) was Mike Oldfield's first album for the 21st century. In an apparent effort to move with the times, the music here was written to accompany a "Fully interactive three dimensional musical PC adventure game". A demo version of the game appears on the disc, the full version being available via Mike's website. It would appear the complete version of the game is now free of charge too. I shall not get embroiled in the game aspects, mainly because I have not played it(!), but will focus on the music on the disc.

The music is described by Oldfield as "chill out", to complement the relaxing nature of the game. The style here is much closer to New Age than to the early efforts of the angry young man who recorded "Tubular bells". The fade out in mid-recital on tracks such as "No man's land" belie the fact that there is no real beginning, middle and end to the tracks, just simple repetitive melodies and soothing sounds.

Mike's sister Sally provides the vocals on "To be free", two versions of which are included on the disc. This pleasant piece of light pop rock offers a refreshing alternative to the rest of the album.

Mike's lead guitar work is of course pleasingly familiar to the ear, and in relative terms there is a bit more meat to pieces such as "Return to the origin". From that point of view, fans of Oldfield's work may find enough here to make the acquisition worthwhile. Those with just a passing interest in his output though would be best advised to delve further back in the catalogue.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#179104) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 07, 2008

Review by snobb
2 stars I liked few Mike Oldfield albums many years ago, and even have ONE in my collection till now (Ommadawn). Starting from mid-80-s I missed any interest to his pop/new age works, almost forgot about him.

Now I by chance got the possibility to listen Oldfield first album in XXI century ( or in new age, if you want), "Tr3s Lunas". So, I wasn't surprised too much ( for good or bad).

First of all, this album is heavily commercial by it's origin. Originally it is a computer game soundtrack, game is included , but to unlock software you must to pay some extra!

The music is very safe, mid-tempo well balanced and polished guitar/keyboards mix. World new age, as I expected. Separate compositions are melodic, but totally faceless, and main reaction when listening is sleepy feeling. In some moments the repetitive structures sound as a joke!

Not everything is so bad. First pleasant surprise is there are few guitar driven rock pieces, with quite nice if very clichť-sounding guitar line. And the second - album sound ( possibly because it is first of all game soundtrack) isn't overproduced, so in total all music is quite acoustic ( but boring at the same time).

All in all, just another usual Mike Oldfield album, hardly attractive for listener, but still possibly pleasant for Oldfield heavy fan.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#257423) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

4 stars Music for the computer game with the same name, but I don't mind that, for most of us this is an album. This contains laid-back tunes which makes really good relaxing or ambient music. In contrast to some other late M.O-albums this one doesn't go into Ibiza-90's-disco- rhythms. It's mature and ... (read more)

Report this review (#76358) | Posted by 1971 | Wednesday, April 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Tres Lunas is a good album because the way he plays the instruments . For example Misty playing guitar which sounds like a saxaphone. But it does get quite boring after awhile.I prefer Songs Of The Distant Earth and Platinum.Tres Lunas is a good album but it is more for his computer game of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#28509) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 07, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This collection of short instrumentals is OLDFIELD's leanest album in years. It's the least complex or flashy output from him I've heard in a while. There are no lightning-fast guitar runs or brain-jarring time changes. Think of it as "Mike Oldfield, Simplified." There are some great melod ... (read more)

Report this review (#28507) | Posted by BrainRock Ben | Saturday, July 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

2 stars At first it seemed pointless to me... but in time it grew onto me somehow. I didn't mean to like it and still don't like it, but it's there and sometimes it finds itself in the stereo, somehow. Pieces are mostly slow or at least non-aggresive and they don't make you imagine or sing anything. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#28506) | Posted by | Friday, June 11, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MIKE OLDFIELD "Tr3s Lunas "