TR3S LUNAS

Buy MIKE OLDFIELD Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Misty (4:00)
2. No Mans Land (6:10)
3. Return To The Origin (4:41)
4. Landfall (2:22)
5. Viper (4:35)
6. Turtle Island (3:43)
7. To Be Free (4:23)
8. Fire Fly (3:39)
9. Tr3s Lunas (4:37)
10. Daydream (2:17)
11. Thou Art In Heaven (5:24)
12. Sirius (5:50)
13. No Mans Land Reprise (2:53)
14. To Be Free - remix (3:55)

Search MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas lyrics

Search MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas tabs

- Mike Oldfield plays... electric guitars, Spanish guitar, bass guitar, synthesisers, mandolin, Grand piano
+ Jude Sim, Amar / vocals
- Sally Oldfield / spoken vocals
- Philip Lewis & Thomas SŁŖmair/ percussion programming

Wea International #WEA ∑ 0927-45892-2

MIKE OLDFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas Music

Warner Spec. Mkt. UK 2008
Tres LunasTres Lunas
Extra tracks · Import
Warner Bros UK 2002
MIKE OLDFIELD-2 TITLE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD LTD SET R90 US $80.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Mike Oldfield Moonlight Shadow 7" Single Virgin Label VS586 US $5.93 Buy It Now 2h 7m
MIKE OLDFIELD TUBULAR BELLS III CASSETTE US $8.47 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells Virgin # PZ 34116 US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells Vol.1 CD New Factory Sealed US $25.40 Buy It Now 2h 51m
CD, THE BEST OF MIKE OLDFIELD, ELEMENTS Album, 1993 US $12.79 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mike Oldfield Islands 7" vinyl single record UK VS990 VIRGIN 1987 US $18.56 Buy It Now 2h 53m
THE COMPLETE MIKE OLDFIELD - OZ PRESS PROG ROCK 2LP - VIRGIN LABEL - 1985 US $23.46 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Mike Oldfield: The Complete Mike Oldfield CD Album 2048G US $12.86 Buy It Now 4h 19m
MIKE OLDFIELD - DISCOVERY (UK CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) VIRGIN LABEL US $3.37 Buy It Now 4h 23m
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS 11 (UK CASSETTE/TAPE ALBUM) WEA LABEL US $3.37 Buy It Now 4h 26m
MIKE OLDFIELD-CD-LP-HERGEST RIDGE-HIGH DEFINITION REMASTERED VERSION-EU-VIRGIN US $7.50 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Mike Oldfield - Portsmouth - 7" 1976 - Ex US $1.64 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD crises V 2262 A2/B2 uk virgin 1983 LP PS EX/EX US $15.23 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Mike Oldfield ?Tubular Bells lp vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h
MIKE OLDFIELD - GUITARS [MIKE OLDFIELD] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 6h 16m
MIKE OLDFIELD "THE CONSEQUENCES OF INDECISIONS" W.GERMAN MINT LP 1981 HAPPY BIRD US $44.00 Buy It Now 6h 23m
MIKE OLDFIELD - MUSIC OF THE SPHERES [BONUS CD] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $26.36 Buy It Now 6h 31m
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS II CD ( 2 ) *NEW* US $23.23 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Mike Oldfield - Tattoo - Scarce UK 4 track live CD + holographic pic insert US $8.46 Buy It Now 7h 19m
MIKE OLDFIELD, TAKE FOUR 12" 4 track EP-White Vinyl-Virgin VS23812-1978-EX US $7.61 Buy It Now 7h 31m
MIKE OLDFIELD with LES PENNING, CUCKOO SONG-Virgin VS 198-UK 7" 1977 US $4.05 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Mike Oldfield Incantations UK 2xLP / EX / Prog / Listen US $14.24 Buy It Now 8h 26m
MIKE OLDFIELD cassette tape album TUBULAR BELLS lot 3895 US $9.73 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells. 1973 UK Virgin LP Ex! US $8.46 Buy It Now 8h 32m
MIKE OLDFIELD - POLISH MC tape - Poland TAKT Rec. the Complete v.2 US $16.90 Buy It Now 8h 52m
MIKE OLDFIELD: Exposed rock vinyl Double German 300576 US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (90589-1) US $7.95 Buy It Now 9h 21m
MIKE OLDFIELD 'Moonlight Shadow' 1983 Italian 7"/45 vinyl single US $8.46 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells II CD Rare US $20.32 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Mike Oldfield - The Collection CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 9h 50m
David Bedford The Odyssey Japan Promo Label Vinyl LP with OBI Mike Oldfield US $79.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Mike Oldfield - The Killing Fields Soundtrack Japan Mini LP Sleeve CD OST NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
MIKE OLDFIELD - TUBULAR BELLS [LIMITED EDITION] - NEW CD US $49.39 Buy It Now 10h 50m
MIKE OLDFIELD + LES PENNING cuckoo song 7" WS EX/ US $11.84 Buy It Now 10h 58m
mike oldfield , ommadawn pressed ex yugo LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 11h 2m
MUSIC CD # MIKE OLDFIELD - THE ESSENTIAL US $8.46 Buy It Now 11h 36m
MIKE OLDFIELD PLATINUM ISRAEL ISRAELI LP HEBREW COVER VIRGIN RECORDS 1979 US $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MIKE OLDFIELD DISCOVERY ISRAEL ISRAELI LP HEBREW COVER VIRGIN 1984 US $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 42m
MIKE OLDFIELD Killing Fields SOUNDTRACK CD WEST GERMANY NON TARGET AUDIOPHILE US $16.25 Buy It Now 11h 48m
MIKE OLDFIELD - Guitars + UK Tour Dates - 1999 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.63 Buy It Now 11h 59m
MIKE OLDFIELD -William Tell Overture/First Excursion- Rare Dutch 7" +Pic Sleeve US $40.65 Buy It Now 12h 11m
MIKE OLDFIELD - LIVE IN GERMANY 1980 [MIKE OLDFIELD] - NEW CD US $8.93 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge 2010 NEW CD ALBUM US $8.32 Buy It Now 12h 30m
MIKE OLDFIELD - Ommadawn KOREA LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
MIKE OLDFIELD - Discovery KOREA LP W/insert US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 35m
MIKE OLDFIELD TO FRANCE RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS 1984 EX/EX US $14.00 Buy It Now 12h 47m
MIKE OLDFIELD - MOONLIGHT SHADOW RARE ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1983 NM-/NM- US $15.00 Buy It Now 12h 47m
MIKE OLDFIELD CRIME OF PASSION RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS 1983 EX/EX US $14.00 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Oldfield,Mike - Icon: Mike Oldfield [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
MIKE OLDFIELD "PORTSMOUTH" UNIQUE YUGO 45 / 7" PS US $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 12m
MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells vinyl LP Record EXCELLENT CONDITION V2001 US $19.05 Buy It Now 13h 12m
MIKE OLDFIELD-PLATINUM DELUXE EDITION-JAPAN 2 MINI LP SHM-CD LTD I50 zd US $42.99 Buy It Now 13h 18m
THE KILLING FIELDS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK LP MIKE OLDFIELD 1984 VIRGIN NEAR MINT US $16.25 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Mike Oldfield - Exposed - 1979 Virgin VD2511 Vinyl US $16.95 Buy It Now 13h 34m
MIKE OLDFIELD, GUILTY (BLUE VINYL), 12" SINGLE US $13.56 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge 2010 NEW CD ALBUM US $10.57 Buy It Now 13h 52m
Rare Lot Of 5 Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells Ommadawn LP Portugal Portuguese US $25.00 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD 'MOONSHINE' NEW OFFICIAL VIRGIN RECORDS 1 TRACK CD PROMO US $16.93 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD - Tubular Bells AUDIOPHILE LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
MIKE OLDFIELD - Hergest Ridge 1974 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
MIKE OLDFIELD Crises LP - 1983 UK Album *Near Mint Vinyl* M-/EX+ A2/B2 V2263 US $16.93 Buy It Now 15h 8m
MIKE OLDFIELD Earth Moving JAPAN mini lp CD HDCD SEALED US $32.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD heaven's open JAPAN MINI LP CD HDCD SEALED US $27.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD ommadawn JAPAN mini lp HD-CD SEALED US $45.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD tubular bells JAPAN mini lp CD US $27.99 [0 bids]
+++ MIKE OLDFIELD - Platinum - RARE prog psych TOP COPY (Virgin) US $16.93 [0 bids]
David Bedford: Instruction for Angels - Mike Oldfield (CD bel BIEM Import AM) LN US $34.95 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD - Portsmouth - 1976 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single US $16.93 Buy It Now 16h 27m
VG+/VG+, 1979, Virgin VS317 , Blue Peter - Mike Oldfield 7" vinyl single US $3.37 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge 2010 NEW 2 CD + DVD US $24.72 Buy It Now 16h 35m
Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 44m
MIKE OLDFIELD Opening Theme From Tubular Bells Limited Edition 2013 RSD 7 Inch US $16.93 Buy It Now 16h 57m
MIKE OLDFIELD QE2 Limited Edition Numbered White 180Gram Vinyl LP US $67.77 Buy It Now 17h 3m
MIKE OLDFIELD TUBULAR BELLS LP ALBUM EXORCIST MUSIC US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
Mike Oldfield - Guilty blue vinyl 12 inch single US $10.17 Buy It Now 17h 15m
MIKE OLDFIELD - THE ORCHESTRAL TUBULAR BELLS - MINT VIRGIN RECORD 1975 - RARE US $20.00 Buy It Now 17h 15m
(CD) THE SALLYANGIE [Mike Oldfield] - Children Of The Sun / West Germany Import US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 31m
LOT OF 3 LPS MIKE OLDFIELD / PHIL MANZANERA / ANDY MACKAY US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Mike Oldfield Man On The Rocks Deluxe Edition CD 2 Disc Rock Album 2014 New US $27.10 Buy It Now 17h 41m
MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells Quadrophonic Vinyl LP Virgin QV2001 US $33.87 Buy It Now 18h 10m
MIKE OLDFIELD: The Killing Fields (soundtrack) LP (UK) Rock & Pop US $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 17m
MIKE OLDFIELD-the complete*1985 Virgin Records*gatefold US $6.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD "MAN ON THE ROCKS - MOONSHINE" - Uk 1 Track Cd Promo US $22.01 Buy It Now 18h 59m
MIKE OLDFIELD FEAT BONNIE TYLER Islands 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W The Wind Chime US $8.46 Buy It Now 19h 2m
MIKE OLDFIELD Guilty 7" Ps, B/W Excerpt From Incantations, Vs 245 (Ex-/Vg, Viny US $6.76 Buy It Now 19h 2m
MIKE OLDFIELD Tricks Of The Light 7" Ps, B/W Afghan, 106 810-100 US $8.46 Buy It Now 19h 2m
Mike Oldfield Hergest Ridge Record LP *** New low price US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 26m
MIKE OLDFIELD Tubular Bells L.P. (1973) Virgin VIL 12001Italian Pressing US $11.86 Buy It Now 19h 31m
Mike Oldfield: Islands LP VG++ Canada Virgin VL2466 US $7.49 Buy It Now 19h 35m
MIKE OLDFIELD Innocent 1989 EUROPEAN CD single 80s 12" mix US $18.70 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Mike Oldfield Nothing But Spain Promo Label Vinyl 7" US $59.99 Buy It Now 19h 43m
MIKE OLDFIELD the killing fields ORIGINAL FILM SOUNDTRACK Lp RECORD UK 1984 US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 48m
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells NEW CD ALBUM US $10.53 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Mike Oldfield TUBULAR BELLS - EXCORCIST THEME lp 1973 on Virgin VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
Mike Oldfield - Incantations NEW CD US $10.57 Buy It Now 20h 34m
MIKE OLDFIELD OMMADAWN JAPAN CD 3200yen 32VD SEALED 1ST US $159.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
PURE MOODS ENIGMA, ENYA, DEEP FOREST, MIKE OLDFIELD US $7.46 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Pierre Moerlen's Gong Downwind Mini LP CD JAPAN BVCM-37763 / Mike Oldfield US $24.99 [0 bids]
MIKE OLDFIELD Portsmouth 1976 NM RARE dj PROMO Virgin ZS8 9510 LISTEN HERE US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 57m

More places to buy MIKE OLDFIELD music online Buy MIKE OLDFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MIKE OLDFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas ratings distribution

MIKE OLDFIELD Tr3s Lunas reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Three stars only beacuse my 10 year old son thinks this deserves a five. I am getting him into Songs from Distant Earth instead. Generally this album is nothing short of bland and is more a soundtrack to his computer game of the same name. It is a chill out album deluxe with very little risk taking, nice for hotel foyers in the Algarve.Best tracks are ' Tr3s Lunas' and ' Return to the Origin'

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#28508) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Review by russellk
1 stars "Hello? Can I talk about MIKE OLDFIELD'S new album? Yes, Tr3s Lunas. Is there no one who will talk to me?"

Dammit, they've put me on hold. Urgh, and with the worst kind of elevator music. Come on, come on, I can feel my brain leaking out of my ears ... wait a moment. That sounded suspiciously like a trademark OLDFIELD guitar note. No, surely not.

But it is. 'Tr3s Lunas'. (The '3' affectation in the name probably derivative of the Wip3out PS game, laden with the techno music OLDFIELD had become so enamoured of.) MIKE OLDFIELD managed to surgically remove all remaining passion and flair from his composition and in 2002 created an album that is the very essence of blandness.

Now I've been the subject of some fairly sharp reviews in my time. My novels have been called rubbish (check out Amazon.co.uk for some particularly cruel reviews). So I know how it feels to be lambasted, which is why I don't do it lightly to others.

I'm careful to indicate in a review who might like a work, if I don't like it myself. I have to admit I'm hard pressed to think of who this album might appeal to: certainly not to anyone who wants to listen to music for its own sake. Perhaps if someone needs inoffensive background noise, this might do the trick.

This is the soundtrack to a computer game. I certainly hope the game is more exciting than the music. Meanwhile I'm still on hold ...

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#139453) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars I am certainly closer to Russelk than to Ricochet for this review.

New age stuff, boring stuff should I say. For about an hour! Not a great experience, I'm afraid. At times, some melodic and nice moments are even encountered : "No Mans Land" is by far my favourite song (the only one should I say). But the global feeling is not really strong. Even if "Return To The Origin" is pleasant as well. Ambient of course, but with a great and passionate melody. But these background beats are just a pity.

The experience turns sour with the next few tracks. I can't really endorse such useless sounds. Indeed elevator music. Or supermarket one. your choice. I guess that you have the idea. There are many "press next" T type of songs included in here. The trio "Viper", "Turtle Island" and "To Be Free" is particularly hard to digest. Get your "pastille Rennie" to survive.

Mike is trying to match a new era (the computer game one). Unfortunately, I'm an old freak who is not at all in the matter (but my eighteen years old son is, but he is not writing reviews on PA). And this type of music is just irritating.

Can't help Mike. You have produced so many great albums (OK, it was quite a while ago). This one won't serve you well, I'm afraid.

I really don't like it. One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#163493) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 08, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Moon blandness

Released in 2002, "Tres lunas" (Three moons) was Mike Oldfield's first album for the 21st century. In an apparent effort to move with the times, the music here was written to accompany a "Fully interactive three dimensional musical PC adventure game". A demo version of the game appears on the disc, the full version being available via Mike's website. It would appear the complete version of the game is now free of charge too. I shall not get embroiled in the game aspects, mainly because I have not played it(!), but will focus on the music on the disc.

The music is described by Oldfield as "chill out", to complement the relaxing nature of the game. The style here is much closer to New Age than to the early efforts of the angry young man who recorded "Tubular bells". The fade out in mid-recital on tracks such as "No man's land" belie the fact that there is no real beginning, middle and end to the tracks, just simple repetitive melodies and soothing sounds.

Mike's sister Sally provides the vocals on "To be free", two versions of which are included on the disc. This pleasant piece of light pop rock offers a refreshing alternative to the rest of the album.

Mike's lead guitar work is of course pleasingly familiar to the ear, and in relative terms there is a bit more meat to pieces such as "Return to the origin". From that point of view, fans of Oldfield's work may find enough here to make the acquisition worthwhile. Those with just a passing interest in his output though would be best advised to delve further back in the catalogue.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#179104) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 07, 2008

Review by snobb
2 stars I liked few Mike Oldfield albums many years ago, and even have ONE in my collection till now (Ommadawn). Starting from mid-80-s I missed any interest to his pop/new age works, almost forgot about him.

Now I by chance got the possibility to listen Oldfield first album in XXI century ( or in new age, if you want), "Tr3s Lunas". So, I wasn't surprised too much ( for good or bad).

First of all, this album is heavily commercial by it's origin. Originally it is a computer game soundtrack, game is included , but to unlock software you must to pay some extra!

The music is very safe, mid-tempo well balanced and polished guitar/keyboards mix. World new age, as I expected. Separate compositions are melodic, but totally faceless, and main reaction when listening is sleepy feeling. In some moments the repetitive structures sound as a joke!

Not everything is so bad. First pleasant surprise is there are few guitar driven rock pieces, with quite nice if very clichť-sounding guitar line. And the second - album sound ( possibly because it is first of all game soundtrack) isn't overproduced, so in total all music is quite acoustic ( but boring at the same time).

All in all, just another usual Mike Oldfield album, hardly attractive for listener, but still possibly pleasant for Oldfield heavy fan.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#257423) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

4 stars Music for the computer game with the same name, but I don't mind that, for most of us this is an album. This contains laid-back tunes which makes really good relaxing or ambient music. In contrast to some other late M.O-albums this one doesn't go into Ibiza-90's-disco- rhythms. It's mature and ... (read more)

Report this review (#76358) | Posted by 1971 | Wednesday, April 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Tres Lunas is a good album because the way he plays the instruments . For example Misty playing guitar which sounds like a saxaphone. But it does get quite boring after awhile.I prefer Songs Of The Distant Earth and Platinum.Tres Lunas is a good album but it is more for his computer game of th ... (read more)

Report this review (#28509) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 07, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This collection of short instrumentals is OLDFIELD's leanest album in years. It's the least complex or flashy output from him I've heard in a while. There are no lightning-fast guitar runs or brain-jarring time changes. Think of it as "Mike Oldfield, Simplified." There are some great melod ... (read more)

Report this review (#28507) | Posted by BrainRock Ben | Saturday, July 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

2 stars At first it seemed pointless to me... but in time it grew onto me somehow. I didn't mean to like it and still don't like it, but it's there and sometimes it finds itself in the stereo, somehow. Pieces are mostly slow or at least non-aggresive and they don't make you imagine or sing anything. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#28506) | Posted by | Friday, June 11, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MIKE OLDFIELD "Tr3s Lunas "