THE WALL - LIVE IN BERLIN

1. In the Flesh
2. Thin Ice
3. Another Brick in the Wall
4. Happiest Days of Our Lives
5. Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now
12. Another Brick in the Wall (Part 3)
13. Goodbye Cruel World
14. Hey You
15. Is There Anybody Out There?
16. Nobody Home
21. Run Like Hell
22. Waiting for the Worms
23. Stop
24. Trial
25. Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid)

Search ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin lyrics

- Snowy White / guitar
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Joe Chemay, Jim Farber, Jim Haas & John Joyce / back vocals

Guests:
- Bryan Adams, The Bands, Levon Helm, Rick Danco, Garth Hudson, Paul Carrack, Thomas Dolby, James Galway, Jerry Hall, The Hooters, Cindy Lauper, Ute Lumper, Joni Mitchell, Paddy Moloney, Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor, Scorpions

Featuring:
- The East Berlin Radio Orchestra, Principal / Hans Deiter Baum
- The East Berlin Radio Choir: Principal / Dietrich Knothe
- The Military Orchestra of the Soviet Army Principal / Wiktor Afanesjew

Lp: Polygram Mercury 846 611-1 / Cd: Polygram Mercury 846 611-2

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin Music

Remastered
Mercury 2003
Wall: Live in Berlin 1990Wall: Live in Berlin 1990
Island / Mercury 1998
Pink Floyd Dark Side Moon LP Limited Tour Pink Vinyl Signed Roger Waters Poster US $420.89 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Geesin, Ron Roger Waters Music from the body LP SHSP4008 VG/EX UK US $50.22 Buy It Now 2h 57m
ROGER WATERS radio kaos RARE COVER ISRAELI N MINT LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
ROGER WATERS pros and cons ISRAELI LP ISRAEL ONLY HEBREW COVER US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 11m
2DVD+CD LIVE EARTH CONCERT ROGER WATERS, JAMES BLUNT US $17.95 Buy It Now 3h 28m
ROGER WATERS ( BRAND NEW CD ) RADIO K.A.O.S. ( KAOS ) ( PINK FLOYD ) US $7.42 Buy It Now 5h 5m
PINK FLOYD Roger Waters Pro's and Cons of Hitch Hiking BRAZIL RARE GOLD PR0M0 7" US $149.65 Buy It Now 5h 43m
ROGER WATERS & RON GEESIN-MUSIC FROM THE BODY-22 TRACK CD-1970-MADE IN THE EU US $11.21 Buy It Now 6h 7m
ROGER WATERS pros and cons USA tour book Pink Floyd US $25.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS-PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING CD-PINK FLOYD US $8.29 Buy It Now 9h 34m
The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking by Roger Waters (CD, Jun-1987, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Radio K.A.O.S. - Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) NRMT 1987 DADC CD Fast FREE Shipping US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Wall Pt II 7/45 1979 Spain Rare Roger Waters US $6.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS LP Record Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking US $9.31 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD "Music from the Body" LP EMI SHSP 4008 Roger Waters EXCELLENT US $21.81 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (remix) b/w Going To Live In LA UK 3-Track 12" 1987 US $19.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN. 2 CD'S + 1 DVD. STILL SEALED US $24.95 [0 bids]
13h
ROGER WATERS PRO'S AND CON'S OF HITCHHIKING. NUDE COVER. NM CONDITION. US $19.95 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS IN THE FLESH. PROMOTIONAL COPY NOT FOR SELL. NM CONDITION. US $19.95 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS FLICKERING FLAME THE SOLO YEARS. N CONDITION. US $19.95 [0 bids]
Roger Waters Flickering Flame The Solo Years Volume 1 CD Rare OOP w Slipcover US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 14m
ROGER WATERS WHAT GOD WANT'S, PROMO CD SINGLE. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - The Wall - Live In Berlin - double cassette - VG US $3.30 [1 bids]
ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) - PROS & CONS... 1984 US Columbia PROMO 12" Single US $28.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS 45 RPM 7" VINYL RECORD RADIO WAVES DEMONSTRATION COPY US $1.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters Amused to death Vinyl 2 LP Holland Re-Release N\Mint US $229.00 Buy It Now 13h 42m
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL-LIVE IN BERLIN VOL. 1 Tape BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $4.90 Buy It Now 14h 9m
Amused to Death by Roger Waters (CD, EURO RELEASE US $20.79 Buy It Now 14h 32m
ROGER WATERS Hello (I Love You) SEALED!! 2 track 2007 EU 12" from The Last Mimzy US $37.50 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Roger Waters - Amused To Death US $15.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL-LIVE IN BERLIN VOL. 2 Tape BUY UP TO 4 & PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $4.90 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Roger Waters : Radio Kaos CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN 1990 US $7.77 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS 4:35 AM (Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking) rare promo 45 PINK FLOYD US $8.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS The Wall - LIVE In Berlin ~ Australia 2 Cassette Tapes PINK FLOYD US $22.91 Buy It Now 18h 52m
PINK FLOYD - "The Final Cut" -prog rock DAVID GILMOUR / ROGER WATERS US $7.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD ANIMALS-SINGAPORE PRESS.PAPER LABELS-DAVID GILMOUR+ROGER WATERS-PROG. US $4.67 [0 bids]
In the Flesh Live by Roger Waters - 2000 New SEALED SACD - Columbia 2 Disc RARE US $59.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
ROGER WATERS RADIO WAVES 12" 1987 DJ PROMO NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Pink Floyd Roger Waters live concert very small mini poster print A5 size US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
G.E. Smith Signed Vinyl Lp Record Roger Waters Hall & Oats Saturday Night Live US $124.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS - FLICKERING FLAME : THE SOLO YEARS Vol.1 CD ( PINK FLOYD ) *NEW* US $15.58 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING LP MADE IN ISRAEL US $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters The Tide Is Turning UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDEM37 EMI 1987 US $70.57 Buy It Now 1 day
What God Wants Roger Waters CD single (CD5 / 5") UK 6581395 COLUMBIA 1992 US $27.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Radio Waves Roger Waters UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDEM6 EMI 1987 US $40.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters: The Dark Side Of The Moon Live 2007 Tour Mug - New US $17.44 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD Meddle US PRESSING Vintage CASSETTE Tape 4XW 832 psych ROGER WATERS US $6.00 [0 bids]
We All Love Ennio Morricone CD metallica ROGER WATERS bruce springsteen US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Pros & Cons Of Hitch Hiking Roger Waters UK tour programme TOUR PROGRAMME US $43.51 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS HITCH HIKING ISRAELI LP HEBREW PRINT RARE US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EX 1987 Pink Floyd ROGER WATERS ~ RADIO KAOS LP Vinyl Record ~ Columbia FC40795 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters C€a Ira ECD 2 CD Pink Floyd opera Bryn Terfel Ying Huang Paul Grove US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD SEALED ISRAELI 2 CASSETTE TAPE SET The Wall Israel mint roger waters US $99.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS SEALED ISRAELI CASSETTE TAPE Amused To Death Israel Pink FLoyd Mint US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS Sunset Strip / Money (LIVE) 7" PROMO SINGLE 45 Record ~ Pink Floyd US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS PINK FLOYD 45 PROMO SPAIN What god wants US $25.00 [0 bids]
Roger Waters-Flickering Flame (The Solo Years, Vol.1,2011) CD COLLECTORS EDITION US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS - The Wall Live From Berlin - 1990 - 2 CD Set - P2-46611 - Memorial US $5.89 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD LIVE IN BERLIN THE WALL ROGER WATERS 1990 2LP PICTURE W/IN Promo US $34.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS THE PROS & CONS OF HITCH HIKING 1990 LP W/IN Sealed US $44.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS~UNPLAYED STORE STOCK~WHAT GOD WANTS PART 1~COLUMBIA~~ POP 45 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS PINK FLOYD WHAT GOD WANTS PART 1 CD SINGLE RARE 1992 US $4.97 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd:Guide Book for Vinyl Made in UK (roger waters no cd japan not mini-lp US $85.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 10 CASSETTES. PINK FLOYD.ROGER WATERS. TOM PETTY. ZAPPA. GRATEFUL DEAD. US $40.00 [0 bids]
Pink Floyd Mary Turner 2 Pak Roger Waters and David Gilmour Vinyl Lp Record US $59.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.33 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS dark side of the moon 2006 TOUR PROGRAMME - 24 pages Pink Floyd US $11.61 [0 bids]
Rock 45 Roger Waters - 5:01 (The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking) / 4:30 Am (Appar US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IRON MAIDEN 2014 pro rock bulgarian mag roger waters ian anderson laibach wasp US $13.29 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD A Collection of Great Dance Songs LP 1981Roger Waters David Gilmore US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) - PROS & CONS... 1984 US Columbia 12" 3-Track EP SS US $32.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS Pink Floyd SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER LP CD Shirt 002 US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS Pink Floyd SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER LP CD Shirt 002 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS Pink Floyd SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER LP CD Shirt 002 US $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd 3 US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd 3 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd 3 US $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd CD 001 US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd CD 001 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd CD 001 US $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd LP 004 US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd LP 004 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS The Wall SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Pink Floyd LP 004 US $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters, The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS THE WALL BERLIN '90 COMMEMORATE LIVE PERFORMANCE DEMO CD US $60.00 [0 bids]
Roger Waters--The Wall: Live In Berlin 1990 (Cassette, Mercury) NEW US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED CASSETTE TAPE ROGER WATERS RADIO K.A.O.S. 1987 CBS FCT 40795 CANADA US $3.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS PINK FLOYD "MUSIC FROM THE BODY" RARE IMPORT HARVEST / EMI 4008 US $30.00 [0 bids]
Roger Waters: IN THE FLESH 2000 Tour Book NEW 24 Page 9.5x13" Pink Floyd US $9.99 [1 bids]
LOOK! ROGER WATERS HAND SIGNED GUITAR WITH PSA/DNA COA PINK FLOYD METALLICA US $795.01 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking - Cassette US 1984 PCT 39290 US $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS- What God Wants Pt. 1 2 MIX DJ CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters m- original LP Radio KAOS US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Well OK , Mr. Adair says what I think so I won't make a long critic. But this had to come out as the Berlin Wall was collapsing ,and there was political recup and the original story was secondary as "BREAK DOWN THE WALL" was the dominant idea . Stick with the original studio version or better yet , try the double live "Is There Anybody Out There?" because this star-filled cast is under-rehearsed and does not do justice to the real projact.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#29257) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 05, 2004

Review by Gatot
3 stars When I got the laser disc (LD) of this show sometime in early 90s, I found the show was spectacular. Especially when the scene was opened by the government official that welcomed ROGER WATERS and his team. Well, the first act of the show I felt it was disgusting as Scorpions did "In The Flesh". Their performance did not fit the song, I think, they were overacting - especially when they performed "lip-sync" at the second part. Uughh . I almost vomit, my friend.!!! Wrong choice mr. Waters . You should not allow Scorpions to play any Floyd / Waters songs!

I also hate the performance of Joni Mitchell - uugh . her voice and performance do not go in line with the soul of the song. Disgusting. Van Morison, Paul Carrack, Cindy Lauper, The Bands also . they did not perform well. I think, if Mr WATERS sung, it would be much much much better than those pop artists. I think they don't know Floyd music well. They did not perform with their heart. They just performed for the sake of performing. Wrong decision, Mr. Waters.

What I consider spectacular was the stage design and how the musical performance was accompanied by the construction of walls that at the end was destructed, orchestration and also massive audience. It was great! I have to admit that. And .. at that time I had not heard or seen any performance as spectacular as this show. I was not alone. I had some friends who liked prog music, they considered the show was spectacular. It has the same quality as PETER GABRIEL's "Secret World Tour" and second to "Growing UP Tour" DVD. One segment that I like most is when BRYAN ADAMS and ROGER WATERS sung together under "Empty Spaces - Young Lust". Especially under high tone voice the two shout together at the end of the song "When I play my new guitar ." wow!! Great voice mannn!!!! I always repeat this track when I listen to the CD.

The other part that I like is when ROGER WATERS performed "Nobody Home - Vera". I like it very much. With the exception of Scorpions performing "In The Flesh" in lip-sync style, the rest of the songs after Vera is excellent. My all-time favorite songs as in the original THE WALL album was the last three songs "The Trial - Waiting for the Worms - Stop ". This trilogy is performed excellently!

Overall, I would recommend you to purchase the DVD (I give 4 ½ star , overall; with some notes as I describe above). For a CD format, I would rate with a three star. As far as this review, I give the rating for CD format. It's your call. Gatot Widayanto - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#29258) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 11, 2004

Review by Chris S
2 stars Great reason to stage this show....the Berlin wall came-a-tumbling down. Musically this is not very good but the intent and commitment of the guests is what counts and the mood of liberation for the people at the time. This was an event put onto disc and recommended for collectors only.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#29260) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2004

Review by Cluster One
1 stars A Real Stinker! Even for hardcore FLOYD and WATERS fans, there is very little appeal to this 2-CD Live release. I use it alternately as either a drink coaster, or a doorstop, so I guess it is somewhat useful.

In WATERS' defense, the parts that he plays and sings on are decent. It's just all those horrible performances by the woefully under-rehearsed artists that get to you. UTE LEMPER, PAUL CARRACK and even BRYAN ADAMS' performance are passable, but you will seriously cringe when you hear many of the other FLOYD classics butchered by the likes of THE BAND, JONI MITCHELL, CYNDI LAUPER, SINEAD O'CONNOR and countless others.

WATERS organized this massive concert (attended by over 150,000+ fans) to celebrate the end of The Berlin Wall and to raise money for 'The Memorial Relief Fund' charity, and indeed a portion of the sales of these CD's went to charity. (Bear with me, since there is nothing good to say about the music, I'm trying to find some good, somewhere) In stark contrast to the Live CD's, the DVD movie version of this same concert is quite good actually. A lot of work went into this huge production, and it shows, even if the music is/was really bad! Seeing this concert puts it in a new light, and it may even allow you to appreciate the Live CD release, but probably not. I feel sorry for all the poor people who mistakenly bought this CD thinking it was the actual FLOYD studio version of "The Wall". 1/5 stars, barely...

Send comments to Cluster One (BETA) | Report this review (#29262) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars You guys are being a bit cruel rating this as a one-star stinker to be avoided at all costs. OK, it's true that for a serious Pink Floyd fan - and especially for those loving The Wall album above anything else (don't count me in) - this is a hard one to swallow. I have nothing negative to say about the idea itself: Roger Waters performing The Wall in Berlin, one year after the tearing of the Berlin Wall, with a large cast of guest singers and players from the pop fame. I remember watching it from the TV and it was a spectacular event. Technically the playing and the stage-show worked very seamlessly all through the massive opus. The negative side of it, I think, is not the rather overblown cast in itself, but some vocal performances that really test the nerves of the Pink Floyd loyals, or anyone's nerves, for that matter. They are the reason I'm not giving a third star.

SCORPIONS are a fit choice for 'In The Flesh' numbers. CYNDI LAUPER's 'Another Brick #2' is absolutely irritating! SINEAD O'CONNOR's 'Mother' is otherwise beautiful but marred by the backing vocals of the old farts who areTHE BAND members. JONI MITCHELL is good in 'Good Bye Blue Sky', and also BRYAN ADAMS fits well to 'Young Lust'. The speaking role ("oh my God what a fabulous room!" etc) of a whore meeting Pink is horribly overacted by JERRY HALL. Waters in his leading role re-enters the stage many times throughout the story and he's doing it allright.

The second part opens with PAUL CARRACK (e.g. Mike + The Mechanics) singing 'Hey You'. That's one of the most succesful numbers here. In all the second part/disc has less guest vocalists than the first one, and thus works more safely. The Military Orchestra of the Soviet appear on 'Bring the Boys Back Home'. The multi-charasteristic 'Trial' sequence has UTE LEMPER as Pink's poisonous wife, MARIANNE FAITHFULL as his mother and THOMAS DOLBY as the schoolmaster. They all give their best, remaining very faithful to the original album's 'Trial'. The original minor epilogue 'Outside The Wall' is replaced by 'The Tide Is Turning' (a Radio K.A.O.S. song) gathering the guest vocalists together.

It goes without saying that this product cannot take the place of PINK FLOYD's The Wall (studio album, live album or the film), nor is it actually recommended to a Floyd fan, but it was a memorable event where rock and Europe's history met. "Tear down the Wall!"

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#133178) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Review by progaardvark
2 stars I personally didn't care much for the original The Wall album, giving it a rating of three stars. It had some good material, but was excessively overdone and longer than it needed to be resulting in endless CD-skipping filler. Now with the dismantling of the Berlin Wall in 1989, Waters obviously saw a commercial opportunity to perform The Wall live at the remnants of the Berlin Wall. Clearly the bulk of the storyline of The Wall has nothing to do with the Berlin Wall. It is probably only at the ending through the lines of "tear down the wall" do the two have somewhat of a similar yet vague meaning, chiefly dealing with the concept of the problems of building up walls between us. Yes, at its simplest, this is the only connection they have. However, I believe there were some charitable reasons for the concert, so I can't knock the idea completely. One of those "take the good with the bad" situations.

I guess to make the performance more palatable for public consumption, Waters invited numerous 1980s pop stars to make guest appearances. These included the Scorpions, Cyndi Lauper, Thomas Dolby, Paul Carrack, the Hooters, Sinéad O'Connor, Bryan Adams among others. Not the biggest names, but enough to catch the attention of the mainstream music media. Indeed, I believe 300,000 or more showed up to the concert, with many millions watching it on TV. Unfortunately, at best, the performance is mediocre. The guest stars rarely fit their roles well in the character portrayals or the songs they performed. O'Connor singing on Mother was a misfit at best, though she does have a beautiful voice. The overall feel to me was a transformation of the "Pink Floyd" Wall into an almost 1980s pop version/Radio K.A.O.S.-ized version of The Wall. In other words, rubbish.

Definitely for collectors and Roger Waters fans only. Two stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#138008) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Nothing compares to. the DVD

It has to be said right up front that the only way to experience this concert is to get the DVD. While my review of that release is critical of the way the film is directed, it would be impossible for it to completely fail to capture the sheer scale and spectacle of the event.

Heard in an audio only environment, the short-comings of the project become all too evident. Instead of Pink Floyd performing one of their most respected albums, we have Cindi Lauper, Sinead O'Connor, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison among countless others. There is no doubt about the credentials of such artists in their own fields, but here they are like fish out of Water. Morrison's rendition of "Comfortably numb" belies both his own legendary status and the songs place at the top of any list of Pink Floyd's finest achievements. The impression is gained that he really does not know the song at all, and that he is far from comfortable delivering it. On the other hand, Bryan Adams has clearly immersed himself in his role, to the extent that "Young lust" sounds like it has been lifted from one of his albums.

With the fine Pink Floyd live album "Is there anybody out there" capturing the essence of "The Wall" perfectly, there really was no need for this gig to have been released on CD. The only redeeming virtue is that the profits from sales were destined for a good cause.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#140756) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Great DVD, oh wait, this is only the CD, so, not that great.

Sometimes, several artists have decided to release a concert for both, you viewing and listening pleasure, I mean, as a CD and as a DVD, sometimes both are equally good but sometimes there is a huge difference, like in this one.

You may remember Roger Waters played a complete The Wall show in 1990 with some guest artists, and he decided to put in on video and give a really entertaining and amazing show, now that I know he will be touring again playing The Wall, I really hope he comes to Mexico City because witnessing a show like that I bet would be something unforgettable; returning to the point, there is a huge difference here if you decide to watch the DVD, you will enjoy the show, you may feel part of the Wall's characters and sing along with the guests, but if you decide to only listen to the audio CD, then you may feel disappointed, and even bored.

For those who don't know, in this concert there are some guests artist who are (or were) famous at the time, such as Cindy Lauper, Bryan Adams, the beautiful Sinead O'Connor, Joni Mitchell or Paul Carrack among others, each and everyone of them giving a piece of themselves to the song(s) they performed, does not sound very attractive actually, but if you watch the DVD you will be pleased, though if you only listen to the CD you will want your money back.

If you like The Wall, you may try this, not bad at all, but if you don't like that album in particular, neither Pink Floyd, then, for God's sake do not buy this.

I recommend watching the DVD first, before you decide to get this CD. My final grade 2 stars, anyway?

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#278582) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 19, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
1 stars I have rated 2 stars only The Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking and to be honest this live version of the wall is not that valid. I watched it on TV in real time and it was a so big disappointment that I couldn't imagine how this stinky stuff could have been later released on CD or VHS. Later I heard that some of the artists dubbed their performances in studio, as the live exhibition was too poor.

There have been a couple of good moments, unexpectedly the most rock: In the Flesh played by the Scorpions was an excellent and promising introduction, but unfortunately we had to wait for Bryan Adams and Young Last to hear something else decently executed.

Sinead O'Connor is not a bad singer and her performances in Wright's Broken China are excellent, but the way she interpreted Mother was ridicolous. I still don't understand what Cindy Lauper, who's one of tho few pop artists of the 80s that I don't dislike too much, was doing there. Van Morrison was completely out of the stage, like he was playing on a different gig and nobody should be allowed to destroy a masterpiece like Comfortably Numb.

Waters himself appeared in a bad shape. His only good moment on stage was on One of My Turns, the rest is forgettable.

Playing The Wall live on the ruins of the Berlin Wall appeared to be a good idea, Waters was actually obsessed by war and his project didn't look so bad on the paper, but the only thing that The Wall has in common with Berlin's Wall is just the wall.

The show is closed by "The Tide Is Turning" from Radio K.A.O.S. with all the guests on the stage. It looked like a new year's day celebration. Where the trumpets are?

Forget it. It doesn't have any value, neither historical.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#453852) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 30, 2011

1 stars They wanted to bring down the wall, and they did it. I don't blame Roger directly here, but the people that joined him... oh, my... they killed every single song. If you want to hear The Wall go to the original studio record, or the live record Is There Anybody out there?, or even the Movie whi ... (read more)

Report this review (#262147) | Posted by FenderTramp | Saturday, January 23, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I may be nuts, and I probably am since I think The Wall is the best album ever recorded, but I think it's great! In my opinion, you can't judge this like you would a normal live album. You have to consider the historical significance of the moment, and the fact that the music world was lending ... (read more)

Report this review (#119418) | Posted by orange man | Monday, April 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars O.K., ...mmmhhm...ehem....."The Wall" is an ecxellent album , but ...this live version of Roger , his band and his ZOO of guests is really DEPRESSING!!! Some of the songs are well played, but when I listen to some others, I feel I will THROW-UP! First , it comes "In the flesh?".At first, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#47682) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Listen to the music with an open mind,and discover the spirit of the event. Garth Hudsons whacky sax lines,some great Snowy White guitar solos 'Mother" sounds fantastic with great harmonies .The fact that some unusual artists perform these songs make them sound fresh and new and not just li ... (read more)

Report this review (#29263) | Posted by | Thursday, April 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Awful! it is a good cause (the Berlin wall coming down) but the choice of people to sing the songs ranges from OK to just plain silly. This album never really worked for me. You may like it if you are a keen collector but i never saw the point of it really. If you want to hear the wall perfome ... (read more)

Report this review (#29261) | Posted by Prog_head | Friday, March 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The event is great, the set and stage, great, the "concept" great, but the music sucks, mostly beacuse you cannot compare the performance this bunch of guys did to the performance PINK FLOYD has done it through the years. Roger Waters is proud of his work, and proud that he got rid of Floyd, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#29259) | Posted by arqwave | Monday, September 13, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "The Wall - Live in Berlin"