THE WALL - LIVE IN BERLIN

1. In the Flesh
2. Thin Ice
3. Another Brick in the Wall
4. Happiest Days of Our Lives
5. Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
6. Mother
7. Goodbye Blue Sky
8. Empty Spaces
9. Young Lust
10. One of My Turns
11. Don't Leave Me Now
12. Another Brick in the Wall (Part 3)
13. Goodbye Cruel World
14. Hey You
15. Is There Anybody Out There?
16. Nobody Home
21. Run Like Hell
22. Waiting for the Worms
23. Stop
24. Trial
25. Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid)

Search ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin lyrics

- Snowy White / guitar
- Peter Wood / keyboards
- Joe Chemay, Jim Farber, Jim Haas & John Joyce / back vocals

Guests:
- Bryan Adams, The Bands, Levon Helm, Rick Danco, Garth Hudson, Paul Carrack, Thomas Dolby, James Galway, Jerry Hall, The Hooters, Cindy Lauper, Ute Lumper, Joni Mitchell, Paddy Moloney, Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor, Scorpions

Featuring:
- The East Berlin Radio Orchestra, Principal / Hans Deiter Baum
- The East Berlin Radio Choir: Principal / Dietrich Knothe
- The Military Orchestra of the Soviet Army Principal / Wiktor Afanesjew

Lp: Polygram Mercury 846 611-1 / Cd: Polygram Mercury 846 611-2

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin Music

The Wall- Live In BerlinThe Wall- Live In Berlin
Box set · Import
101 DISTRIBUTION 2008
ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN 2 CASSETTES USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE WALL: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs - Free Shipping! USD $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS - WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN NEW CD USD $25.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Roger Waters - Wall: Live In Berlin CD USD $23.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Roger Waters - Wall: Live In Berlin [CD New] USD $17.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Roger waters The Wall Live in Berlin USD $5.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS:THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN. 2 LP SET 1990. PROMO. USD $40.00 [0 bids]
USD $60.00 Buy It Now
PINK FLOYD - THE WALL - LIVE IN BERLIN - POSTER SIZED PRESS ADVERT -ROGER WATERS USD $10.93 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $4.50 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $8.50 Buy It Now 4 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
[2CD+DVD] ROGER WATERS The Wall Live in Berlin USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
[NEW][2CD+DVD] ROGER WATERS The Wall Live in Berlin USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
4 TAPES! PINK FLOYD - THE WALL, ROGER WATERS - LIVE IN BERLIN USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
CD ROGER WATERS The Wall Live in Berlin 2CD PINK FLOYD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN [BONUS DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET USD $12.96 Buy It Now 5 days
Roger Waters - The Wall Live in Berlin album artwork US 12x12" promo 2 sided USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ROGER WATERS / THE WALL PART 1 LIVE IN BERLIN 1990 CASSETTE MERCURY RECORDS USD $2.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Roger Waters The Wall Live in Berlin 1990 Part 1 Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $7.82 Buy It Now 6 days
Roger Waters - Wall-Live In Berlin-Deluxe Sound & Vision [CD New] USD $15.94 Buy It Now 6 days
Pieces From The Wall Live in Berlin - Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) Promo CD 1990 UK USD $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days
ROGER WATERS The Wall - LIVE In Berlin ~ Australia 2 Cassette Tapes PINK FLOYD USD $19.97 Buy It Now 9 days
ROGER WATERS, The Wall Live in Berlin NETHERLANDS 1st press EXC- 2LP Pink Floyd USD $89.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Pink Floyd/Roger Waters -The Wall Live In Berlin 1990 - 2 cassette's -(cassette) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Roger Waters--The Wall: Live In Berlin 1990 (Cassette, Mercury) NEW USD $22.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN - ROGER WATERS - 4 TRACKS - PROMO SINGLE UK CD USD $69.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Roger Waters "The Wall" Live In Berlin- 2 Cd Fat Box Set USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Wall: Live in Berlin [Bonus DVD] by Roger Waters (CD, Oct-2005, Universal Music) USD $13.50 Buy It Now 11 days
Roger Waters The Wall Live In Berlin 2 CD Set From Polygram Music 1990 cd104 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin Holland 1990 VG+/VG+ Prog USD $62.54 Buy It Now 12 days
Roger Waters: The Wall Live In Berlin Double Cassette VG++ Canada Mercury USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin, 1990 by Roger Waters *New CD* USD $14.58 Buy It Now 12 days
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL : LIVE IN BERLIN DVD ( PINK FLOYD ) VAN MORRISON *NEW* USD $26.06 Buy It Now 13 days
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live In Berlin (2 Cassette Tapes) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Roger Waters The Wall - Live in Berlin - VHS Tape USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN, 1990 [REMASTERED] [REMASTER] - NEW CD USD $14.11 Buy It Now 14 days
Roger Waters -The Wall: Live in Berlin (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $16.73 Buy It Now 14 days
Roger Waters - The Wall Live in Berlin USD $39.07 Buy It Now 14 days
Roger Waters - The Wall - Live In Berlin - 2 Cassettes USD $16.00 Buy It Now 15 days
ROGER WATERS. THE WALL. LIVE IN BERLIN. LASER DISC. 1990. UK PRESSING. PROG/ROCK USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Wall-live in Berlin - Roger Waters New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $25.69 Buy It Now 15 days
ROGER WATERS CASSETTE TAPE THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN VOL1 ASIAN COPY VERY RARE USD $3.42 Buy It Now 16 days
Wall-Live In Berlin (Live) - Roger Waters USD $16.86 Buy It Now 17 days
Wall: Live in Berlin [Bonus DVD] by Roger Waters (CD, Oct-2005, Universal Music) USD $16.63 Buy It Now 18 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin Roger Waters vinyl 2xLP record Original Pressing NM USD $109.89 Buy It Now 18 days
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin ( 2 CD - Mercury - 1990 - Australia ) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
**** Roger Waters -The Wall: Live in Berlin CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs **** USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN [ 1990 ] PINK FLOYD VERY RARE USD $25.00 Buy It Now 20 days
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Roger Waters -The Wall: Live in Berlin (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury) BMG USD $14.87 Buy It Now 21 days
Roger Waters - The Wall Live In Berlin 2CD Set - Near Mint USD $14.66 Buy It Now 23 days
ROGER WATERS - THE WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN - NEW CD BOXSET USD $18.55 Buy It Now 23 days
ROGER WATERS - The Wall : Live In Berlin - 1990 VG++ TWO-CASSETTE SET USD $7.99 Buy It Now 23 days
ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN 1990 PINK FLOYD USD $20.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Wall: Live in Berlin 1990 by Roger Waters USD $5.19 Buy It Now 23 days
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN 1990 USD $82.00 Buy It Now 24 days
ROGER WATERS - WALL-LIVE IN BERLIN-SPECIAL EDITION (IMPORT) NEW DVD USD $18.83 Buy It Now 25 days
Roger Waters: The Wall, Live in Berlin [Special Edition] DVD Region ALL, NTSC USD $11.69 Buy It Now 25 days
Wall:live in Berlin - Roger Waters New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $32.71 Buy It Now 26 days
Roger Waters NEW 2 CASSETTES The Wall Live In Berlin USD $25.00 Buy It Now 26 days
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live In Berlin 12" 2LP 2 LP 1990 PORTUGAL Press Portuguese USD $50.00 Buy It Now 27 days
The Wall Roger Waters Album Promo Copy Live in Berlin Classic Original Old Rock USD $65.00 Buy It Now 27 days
ROGER WATERS - WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN (BONUS) (DVD) NEW CD USD $30.85 Buy It Now 28 days
2 CD + DVD SET ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN SEALED NEW USD $8.71 Buy It Now 29 days
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN COVER PROMO SHEET USD $38.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS The Wall - Live in Berlin reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Well OK , Mr. Adair says what I think so I won't make a long critic. But this had to come out as the Berlin Wall was collapsing ,and there was political recup and the original story was secondary as "BREAK DOWN THE WALL" was the dominant idea . Stick with the original studio version or better yet , try the double live "Is There Anybody Out There?" because this star-filled cast is under-rehearsed and does not do justice to the real projact.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#29257) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 05, 2004

Review by Gatot
3 stars When I got the laser disc (LD) of this show sometime in early 90s, I found the show was spectacular. Especially when the scene was opened by the government official that welcomed ROGER WATERS and his team. Well, the first act of the show I felt it was disgusting as Scorpions did "In The Flesh". Their performance did not fit the song, I think, they were overacting - especially when they performed "lip-sync" at the second part. Uughh . I almost vomit, my friend.!!! Wrong choice mr. Waters . You should not allow Scorpions to play any Floyd / Waters songs!

I also hate the performance of Joni Mitchell - uugh . her voice and performance do not go in line with the soul of the song. Disgusting. Van Morison, Paul Carrack, Cindy Lauper, The Bands also . they did not perform well. I think, if Mr WATERS sung, it would be much much much better than those pop artists. I think they don't know Floyd music well. They did not perform with their heart. They just performed for the sake of performing. Wrong decision, Mr. Waters.

What I consider spectacular was the stage design and how the musical performance was accompanied by the construction of walls that at the end was destructed, orchestration and also massive audience. It was great! I have to admit that. And .. at that time I had not heard or seen any performance as spectacular as this show. I was not alone. I had some friends who liked prog music, they considered the show was spectacular. It has the same quality as PETER GABRIEL's "Secret World Tour" and second to "Growing UP Tour" DVD. One segment that I like most is when BRYAN ADAMS and ROGER WATERS sung together under "Empty Spaces - Young Lust". Especially under high tone voice the two shout together at the end of the song "When I play my new guitar ." wow!! Great voice mannn!!!! I always repeat this track when I listen to the CD.

The other part that I like is when ROGER WATERS performed "Nobody Home - Vera". I like it very much. With the exception of Scorpions performing "In The Flesh" in lip-sync style, the rest of the songs after Vera is excellent. My all-time favorite songs as in the original THE WALL album was the last three songs "The Trial - Waiting for the Worms - Stop ". This trilogy is performed excellently!

Overall, I would recommend you to purchase the DVD (I give 4 ½ star , overall; with some notes as I describe above). For a CD format, I would rate with a three star. As far as this review, I give the rating for CD format. It's your call. Gatot Widayanto - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#29258) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 11, 2004

Review by Chris S
2 stars Great reason to stage this show....the Berlin wall came-a-tumbling down. Musically this is not very good but the intent and commitment of the guests is what counts and the mood of liberation for the people at the time. This was an event put onto disc and recommended for collectors only.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#29260) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2004

Review by Cluster One
1 stars A Real Stinker! Even for hardcore FLOYD and WATERS fans, there is very little appeal to this 2-CD Live release. I use it alternately as either a drink coaster, or a doorstop, so I guess it is somewhat useful.

In WATERS' defense, the parts that he plays and sings on are decent. It's just all those horrible performances by the woefully under-rehearsed artists that get to you. UTE LEMPER, PAUL CARRACK and even BRYAN ADAMS' performance are passable, but you will seriously cringe when you hear many of the other FLOYD classics butchered by the likes of THE BAND, JONI MITCHELL, CYNDI LAUPER, SINEAD O'CONNOR and countless others.

WATERS organized this massive concert (attended by over 150,000+ fans) to celebrate the end of The Berlin Wall and to raise money for 'The Memorial Relief Fund' charity, and indeed a portion of the sales of these CD's went to charity. (Bear with me, since there is nothing good to say about the music, I'm trying to find some good, somewhere) In stark contrast to the Live CD's, the DVD movie version of this same concert is quite good actually. A lot of work went into this huge production, and it shows, even if the music is/was really bad! Seeing this concert puts it in a new light, and it may even allow you to appreciate the Live CD release, but probably not. I feel sorry for all the poor people who mistakenly bought this CD thinking it was the actual FLOYD studio version of "The Wall". 1/5 stars, barely...

Send comments to Cluster One (BETA) | Report this review (#29262) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars You guys are being a bit cruel rating this as a one-star stinker to be avoided at all costs. OK, it's true that for a serious Pink Floyd fan - and especially for those loving The Wall album above anything else (don't count me in) - this is a hard one to swallow. I have nothing negative to say about the idea itself: Roger Waters performing The Wall in Berlin, one year after the tearing of the Berlin Wall, with a large cast of guest singers and players from the pop fame. I remember watching it from the TV and it was a spectacular event. Technically the playing and the stage-show worked very seamlessly all through the massive opus. The negative side of it, I think, is not the rather overblown cast in itself, but some vocal performances that really test the nerves of the Pink Floyd loyals, or anyone's nerves, for that matter. They are the reason I'm not giving a third star.

SCORPIONS are a fit choice for 'In The Flesh' numbers. CYNDI LAUPER's 'Another Brick #2' is absolutely irritating! SINEAD O'CONNOR's 'Mother' is otherwise beautiful but marred by the backing vocals of the old farts who areTHE BAND members. JONI MITCHELL is good in 'Good Bye Blue Sky', and also BRYAN ADAMS fits well to 'Young Lust'. The speaking role ("oh my God what a fabulous room!" etc) of a whore meeting Pink is horribly overacted by JERRY HALL. Waters in his leading role re-enters the stage many times throughout the story and he's doing it allright.

The second part opens with PAUL CARRACK (e.g. Mike + The Mechanics) singing 'Hey You'. That's one of the most succesful numbers here. In all the second part/disc has less guest vocalists than the first one, and thus works more safely. The Military Orchestra of the Soviet appear on 'Bring the Boys Back Home'. The multi-charasteristic 'Trial' sequence has UTE LEMPER as Pink's poisonous wife, MARIANNE FAITHFULL as his mother and THOMAS DOLBY as the schoolmaster. They all give their best, remaining very faithful to the original album's 'Trial'. The original minor epilogue 'Outside The Wall' is replaced by 'The Tide Is Turning' (a Radio K.A.O.S. song) gathering the guest vocalists together.

It goes without saying that this product cannot take the place of PINK FLOYD's The Wall (studio album, live album or the film), nor is it actually recommended to a Floyd fan, but it was a memorable event where rock and Europe's history met. "Tear down the Wall!"

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#133178) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Review by progaardvark
2 stars I personally didn't care much for the original The Wall album, giving it a rating of three stars. It had some good material, but was excessively overdone and longer than it needed to be resulting in endless CD-skipping filler. Now with the dismantling of the Berlin Wall in 1989, Waters obviously saw a commercial opportunity to perform The Wall live at the remnants of the Berlin Wall. Clearly the bulk of the storyline of The Wall has nothing to do with the Berlin Wall. It is probably only at the ending through the lines of "tear down the wall" do the two have somewhat of a similar yet vague meaning, chiefly dealing with the concept of the problems of building up walls between us. Yes, at its simplest, this is the only connection they have. However, I believe there were some charitable reasons for the concert, so I can't knock the idea completely. One of those "take the good with the bad" situations.

I guess to make the performance more palatable for public consumption, Waters invited numerous 1980s pop stars to make guest appearances. These included the Scorpions, Cyndi Lauper, Thomas Dolby, Paul Carrack, the Hooters, Sinéad O'Connor, Bryan Adams among others. Not the biggest names, but enough to catch the attention of the mainstream music media. Indeed, I believe 300,000 or more showed up to the concert, with many millions watching it on TV. Unfortunately, at best, the performance is mediocre. The guest stars rarely fit their roles well in the character portrayals or the songs they performed. O'Connor singing on Mother was a misfit at best, though she does have a beautiful voice. The overall feel to me was a transformation of the "Pink Floyd" Wall into an almost 1980s pop version/Radio K.A.O.S.-ized version of The Wall. In other words, rubbish.

Definitely for collectors and Roger Waters fans only. Two stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#138008) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Nothing compares to. the DVD

It has to be said right up front that the only way to experience this concert is to get the DVD. While my review of that release is critical of the way the film is directed, it would be impossible for it to completely fail to capture the sheer scale and spectacle of the event.

Heard in an audio only environment, the short-comings of the project become all too evident. Instead of Pink Floyd performing one of their most respected albums, we have Cindi Lauper, Sinead O'Connor, Joni Mitchell and Van Morrison among countless others. There is no doubt about the credentials of such artists in their own fields, but here they are like fish out of Water. Morrison's rendition of "Comfortably numb" belies both his own legendary status and the songs place at the top of any list of Pink Floyd's finest achievements. The impression is gained that he really does not know the song at all, and that he is far from comfortable delivering it. On the other hand, Bryan Adams has clearly immersed himself in his role, to the extent that "Young lust" sounds like it has been lifted from one of his albums.

With the fine Pink Floyd live album "Is there anybody out there" capturing the essence of "The Wall" perfectly, there really was no need for this gig to have been released on CD. The only redeeming virtue is that the profits from sales were destined for a good cause.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#140756) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars Great DVD, oh wait, this is only the CD, so, not that great.

Sometimes, several artists have decided to release a concert for both, you viewing and listening pleasure, I mean, as a CD and as a DVD, sometimes both are equally good but sometimes there is a huge difference, like in this one.

You may remember Roger Waters played a complete The Wall show in 1990 with some guest artists, and he decided to put in on video and give a really entertaining and amazing show, now that I know he will be touring again playing The Wall, I really hope he comes to Mexico City because witnessing a show like that I bet would be something unforgettable; returning to the point, there is a huge difference here if you decide to watch the DVD, you will enjoy the show, you may feel part of the Wall's characters and sing along with the guests, but if you decide to only listen to the audio CD, then you may feel disappointed, and even bored.

For those who don't know, in this concert there are some guests artist who are (or were) famous at the time, such as Cindy Lauper, Bryan Adams, the beautiful Sinead O'Connor, Joni Mitchell or Paul Carrack among others, each and everyone of them giving a piece of themselves to the song(s) they performed, does not sound very attractive actually, but if you watch the DVD you will be pleased, though if you only listen to the CD you will want your money back.

If you like The Wall, you may try this, not bad at all, but if you don't like that album in particular, neither Pink Floyd, then, for God's sake do not buy this.

I recommend watching the DVD first, before you decide to get this CD. My final grade 2 stars, anyway?

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#278582) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 19, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
1 stars I have rated 2 stars only The Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking and to be honest this live version of the wall is not that valid. I watched it on TV in real time and it was a so big disappointment that I couldn't imagine how this stinky stuff could have been later released on CD or VHS. Later I heard that some of the artists dubbed their performances in studio, as the live exhibition was too poor.

There have been a couple of good moments, unexpectedly the most rock: In the Flesh played by the Scorpions was an excellent and promising introduction, but unfortunately we had to wait for Bryan Adams and Young Last to hear something else decently executed.

Sinead O'Connor is not a bad singer and her performances in Wright's Broken China are excellent, but the way she interpreted Mother was ridicolous. I still don't understand what Cindy Lauper, who's one of tho few pop artists of the 80s that I don't dislike too much, was doing there. Van Morrison was completely out of the stage, like he was playing on a different gig and nobody should be allowed to destroy a masterpiece like Comfortably Numb.

Waters himself appeared in a bad shape. His only good moment on stage was on One of My Turns, the rest is forgettable.

Playing The Wall live on the ruins of the Berlin Wall appeared to be a good idea, Waters was actually obsessed by war and his project didn't look so bad on the paper, but the only thing that The Wall has in common with Berlin's Wall is just the wall.

The show is closed by "The Tide Is Turning" from Radio K.A.O.S. with all the guests on the stage. It looked like a new year's day celebration. Where the trumpets are?

Forget it. It doesn't have any value, neither historical.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#453852) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 30, 2011

1 stars They wanted to bring down the wall, and they did it. I don't blame Roger directly here, but the people that joined him... oh, my... they killed every single song. If you want to hear The Wall go to the original studio record, or the live record Is There Anybody out there?, or even the Movie whi ... (read more)

Report this review (#262147) | Posted by FenderTramp | Saturday, January 23, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I may be nuts, and I probably am since I think The Wall is the best album ever recorded, but I think it's great! In my opinion, you can't judge this like you would a normal live album. You have to consider the historical significance of the moment, and the fact that the music world was lending ... (read more)

Report this review (#119418) | Posted by orange man | Monday, April 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars O.K., ...mmmhhm...ehem....."The Wall" is an ecxellent album , but ...this live version of Roger , his band and his ZOO of guests is really DEPRESSING!!! Some of the songs are well played, but when I listen to some others, I feel I will THROW-UP! First , it comes "In the flesh?".At first, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#47682) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Listen to the music with an open mind,and discover the spirit of the event. Garth Hudsons whacky sax lines,some great Snowy White guitar solos 'Mother" sounds fantastic with great harmonies .The fact that some unusual artists perform these songs make them sound fresh and new and not just li ... (read more)

Report this review (#29263) | Posted by | Thursday, April 28, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Awful! it is a good cause (the Berlin wall coming down) but the choice of people to sing the songs ranges from OK to just plain silly. This album never really worked for me. You may like it if you are a keen collector but i never saw the point of it really. If you want to hear the wall perfome ... (read more)

Report this review (#29261) | Posted by Prog_head | Friday, March 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The event is great, the set and stage, great, the "concept" great, but the music sucks, mostly beacuse you cannot compare the performance this bunch of guys did to the performance PINK FLOYD has done it through the years. Roger Waters is proud of his work, and proud that he got rid of Floyd, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#29259) | Posted by arqwave | Monday, September 13, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "The Wall - Live in Berlin"