FLICKERING FLAME - THE SOLO YEARS 1

Roger Waters Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy ROGER WATERS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2002

1. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (4:04)
2. Too Much Rope (5:11)
3. The Tide Is Turning (5:24)
4. Perfect Sense Part I & II (7:21)
5. Three Wishes (6:48)
6. Every Stranger's Eyes (4:47)
7. Who Needs Information (5:54)
8. Each Small Candle (8:34)
9. Flickering Flame (new demo) (6:44)
10. Towers Of Faith (6:51)
11. Radio Waves (4:30)
12. Lost Boys Calling (original demo) (4:04)

Search ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 lyrics

Search ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 tabs

Columbia Records is releasing "Flickering Flame - The Solo Years, Volume 1," the first-ever overview of the solo musical career of rock legend and PINK FLOYD founder Roger Waters. Personally supervised by Waters, "Flickering Flame - The Solo Years, Volume 1" has been assembled from the original master recordings by PINK FLOYD/Roger Waters producer James Guthrie.

The selections for "Flickering Flame - The Solo Years, Volume 1" are culled from all of Water's solo albums -- "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" (1984), "Radio K.A.O.S." (1987), "Amused To Death" (1992), and "In The Flesh - Live" (2000)

Columbia/Sony #5079069

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 Music

Wall: Live in BerlinWall: Live in Berlin
Remastered
Mercury 2003
roger waters radio waves album US $6.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD The Final Cut EX to NM 1983 Columbia LP Roger Waters David Gilmour US $9.99 [0 bids]
Roger waters trust us shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Roger waters trust us 2 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Roger waters trust us 4 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Roger waters trust us 3 shirt rock progressive new tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
The Wall Roger Waters Album Promo Copy Live in Berlin Classic Original Old Rock US $65.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Roger Waters - 5:06AM (Every Strangers Eyes) - 1984 USA Promo 7" US $4.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - Radio Waves/Going To Live In LA - UK Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $9.99 [0 bids]
3h
Roger Waters - Sunset Strip/Money (LIVE, w/ P. Carrack) - Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Roger Waters: The Wall, Live in Berlin [Special Edition] DVD Region ALL, NTSC US $14.62 Buy It Now 4h 9m
PINK FLOYD "UMMAGUMMA" Capitol STBB-388 2 RECORD SET-1969 Roger Waters vinyl US $24.95 Buy It Now 5h 26m
ROGER WATERS - WALL-LIVE IN BERLIN-SPECIAL EDITION (IMPORT) NEW DVD US $36.01 Buy It Now 8h 9m
ROGER WATERS THE PROS AND CONS ...& SOCRATES WAITING FOR SOMETHING / BREAKING... US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
ROGER WATERS SIGNED 10X8 PHOTO, GREAT STUDIO IMAGE, LOOKS GREAT FRAMED US $7.41 Buy It Now 10h
PINK FLOYD - THE FINAL CUT CD ~ DAVID GILMOUR~ROGER WATERS ~ 80's ROCK *NEW* US $13.11 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Pink Floyd & Roger Waters Box Set - 7 Japan CD Mini LP Replica Album + PROMO BOX US $350.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS Amused To Death CD BRAND NEW US $11.33 Buy It Now 13h 40m
ROGER WATERS - THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING PERFORMED LIVE TOUR PROGRAMME US $54.72 Buy It Now 14h 12m
Pink Floyd The Wall Cassette Tape 1979 Roger Waters David Gilmour P2T36183 US $5.35 Buy It Now 14h 50m
ROGER WATERS - FLICKERING FLAME: THE SOLO YEARS VOLUME 1 CD ALBUM (2002) US $9.64 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Roger Waters ex Pink Floyd - The Wall Ticket (Berlin Potsdamer Platz 21/07/1990) US $7.73 [3 bids]
HYDE PARK - Roger Waters/The Who/Texas - 2006 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Pink Floyd Meddle LIVE 1971 David Gilmour Syd Barret John Peel Roger Waters LSD US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 38m
ROGER WATERS & RON GEESIN MUSIC FROM "THE BODY" CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 16h 38m
CLASSIC ROCK BAH HUMBUG! CD - ROGER WATERS/THE NICE/SLASH (REF E3) US $6.42 Buy It Now 17h
The Wall: Live in Berlin by Roger Waters (CD, Aug-1990, 2 Discs, Mercury / BMG) US $8.95 Buy It Now 17h 26m
ROGER WATERS - The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking (original1984 Japan import CD ) US $5.43 [0 bids]
Roger Waters The Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking LP US $42.99 Buy It Now 19h 11m
In The Flesh - Roger Waters 2 CD Set Sealed New ! US $11.26 Buy It Now 19h 11m
ROGER WATERS - The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking (2000 remaster CD ) Pink Floyd US $4.81 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - Radio K.A.O.S (original 1987 CD) Pink Floyd US $8.84 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS. THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING. LP . VINYL. PINK FLOYD US $11.25 [1 bids]
PINK FLOYD ROGER WATERS WALL BERLIN JAPAN PROMO 2 CD US $89.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
2 CD + DVD SET ROGER WATERS THE WALL LIVE IN BERLIN SEALED NEW US $8.98 Buy It Now 21h 26m
MARIANNE FAITHFULL Sparrows Will Sing UK 1-trk promo test CD Roger Waters US $8.03 [0 bids]
Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking (vinyl) US $3.95 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS_PINK FLOYD_PROS & CONS OF HITCH HIKING_UNCENSORED_USA_SEALED_1984 US $17.27 [8 bids]
ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame The Solo Years Volume 1 CD BRAND NEW US $13.75 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS 'RADIO WAVES' COLUMBIA RECORDS 12" SINGLE IN SHRINK!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS ÇA IRA CA IRA THERE IS HOPE ARGENTINA PROMO 2 CDS US $79.62 Buy It Now 1 day
OFFSPRING OASIS CREED RATM ROGER WATERS ALICE IN CHAINS CYPRESS HILL ARG PRO CD US $56.12 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS~The TIDE is TURNING (After Live Aid)~PROMO CD~ Rare STUDIO Version US $44.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS of PINK FLOYD - Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking LP - UNCENSORED COVER US $29.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD's ROGER WATERS ~ PIECES From the WALL ~ UK ~PROMO CD ~ 1990 US $59.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters / The Album Collection BOX [7 CD+1DVD ] NEW SEALED US $78.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP - MUSIC FROM THE BODY (1970) ROGER WATERS/RON GESIN- PINK FLOYD IMP 1002 VG++ US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(DR6) CD Roger Waters: The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking 7460292 US $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD : WORKS (1983) VINYL RECORD : Roger Waters : David Gilmour : Rare US $15.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - WALL: LIVE IN BERLIN - BONUS DVD NEW CD US $33.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd Rare The Wall Double Vinyl LP Roger Waters David Gilmour Classic Rock US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - Pink Floyd - PROMOTIONAL SINGLE -Sunset Strip -Columbia 38-07364 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS THE PROS & CONS OF HITCH HIKING 1984 JAPAN CD 35DP US $55.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S. (1987) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $8.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters ?- Radio K.A.O.S. Audio CD Columbia ?CK 40795 USA 1987 Rock US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD - ROGER WATERS - MAGAZINE AND CD - 2009 - KISS - THE SPECIALS US $12.86 [0 bids]

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1 reviews

Review by The Prognaut
2 stars The legend in highlighted red typing at the top of the front cover reads as followed: "A collectors limited edition including two rare demo recordings". Why do we people distrust such warnings? To make reviews like this. That's why. If there ever was going to be a Roger WATERS prominent career compilation album, sure, I would've inserted the same songs from previous releases in that specific order as well, but... what's the deal with the mysterious "two rare demos recordings"? Of course they're rare... in an oddly, inexplicable way, but rare. Sure, Roger included all the hits, all the punchy themes and the live recordings as well, but was it really necessary to surprise the fans with the "rare demos"? I think not. I know I'm acting paranoid, but I just can't jump off my amazement the same day I eagerly purchased this album, just because it had "the two rare recordings", expecting nothing but a fine, polished work. Well, that ain't happening today.

There's pretty much nothing to say about the rest of the songs because we are all familiar with them, "Flickering Flame" and "Lost Boys Calling". well, those two need a concise explanation. The song named after the album or all the way around, however you wanna put it, was religiously Xeroxed from the pure style of "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking", very sloppy and with way too much country music dashed in it (so was "Towers of Faith", but with cool female backing vocals and the characteristic religious message from Roger). "Lost Boys Calling", well, I assume it was intended to be a ballad, but it turned out to be a slumbering, mellow song. A severe contrast of Roger WATERS, buy it only if it's imperative for you to snap out of your dream of high hopes set upon this album and to complete the collection... like I did. Do not expect your curiosity to be rewarded, because that ain't gonna happen either. By the way, that legend I was telling you about at the beginning of the review also reads "The Solo Years Volume I". call me naive, but, does that mean there's gonna be a Volume II? Right.

Send comments to The Prognaut (BETA) | Report this review (#29275) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Review by Cluster One
2 stars "Flickering Flame" is ROGER WATERS' now out-of-print(?) misplaced attempt at a 'Greatest Hits/Compilation' and misses the mark entirely. (Think of PINK FLOYD's "Works" and you get the idea: so much potential, so little satisfaction.) How or why he chose the songs that he did for this album is beyond me. WATERS has plenty of hard, edgy solo material that would have and could have fit well on this release, but instead a number of pop-hits ('Radio Waves', 'Who Needs Information') and slow, introspective and moody ballads ('The Tide is Turning', 'Each Small Candle') are offered up. If I had to choose what songs NOT to include in a ROGER WATERS compilation, many of these would have been on that list.

For the most part, the 'rare' or 'demo' songs are at best...hard-to-find. 'Towers of Faith' (from the OST "When The Wind Blows") is quite good however and contains some nice acoustic work, reminiscent of FLOYD's "WYWH". 'Flickering Flame' (the song) and 'Lost Boys Calling' (another soundtrack song) are merely average attempts at the continued ROGER WATERS patronistic formula. In a tribute to one of his idols, BOB DYLAN, ROGER has also decided to provide us with a poor rendition of 'Knockin On Heaven's Door'. WATERS is a premiere progressive music songWRITER, but we all know just how poor a singer he is, and it definitely shows on this cover tune. :(

On the CD version that I have, the liner/notes was printed/inserted upside-down.

For collectors only! I never actually listen to this record, but purchased it nonetheless (like all the other completists) so that I could own some of the rarities it includes. 2/5 stars, barely.

Send comments to Cluster One (BETA) | Report this review (#29276) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Review by Eclipse
2 stars This is not a worthy album for you to spend your money on. What we have in "special" here are two demo recordings, "Flickering Flame" (which sounds awfully boring) and "Lost Boys Calling". Another new recording here is a bad cover of BOB DYLAN's song "Knocking On Heaven's Door". I won't go as far to say that i prefer the GUNS N' ROSES' version of it, but it certainly was a not successful effort by Roger. The other songs can be found on his solo albums, on their proper context, and you should pay attention to those instead of getting this compilation, which is almost as useless as PINK FLOYD's "Works".

Now, if you are a die-hard Waters' fan get this, but i advise that your money would be better spent on something else.

Send comments to Eclipse (BETA) | Report this review (#38679) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars Roger Waters's solo material after his time in Pink Floyd... well, not a big deal for two decades. His best effort is no doubt Amused To Death (1992), preceded by only two studio albums, both conceptual and more or less like poorer cousins of Final Cut (1982) - which indeed should have appeared as a Roger Waters album, not Pink Floyd. So, how good a compilation one COULD get in the first place? Surely better than this anyway. Almost everything that can be wrong in a compilation is wrong here.

The tracks taken from concept albums put in a haphazard order lose most of their potential. Here they should make an impression in music, which they don't. To be listened as individual tracks they appear as even more syrupy ('Every Stranger's Eyes'), boring ('Who Needs Information') or banal wannabe-hits ('Radio Waves') than on the original surroundings. Also selections from Amused To Death fail to deliver the strengths of the complete album.

But perhaps the biggest failure is the opening track, totally useless Dylan cover 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' with the very banal female background singing (which appears too often in Waters' output). The closing track 'Lost Boys Calling' appeared in the end credits of the pretty film "The Legend of 1900" about a pianist who never stepped outside the ship where he was born. In that context the wailing ballad is great, but here you already have heard too much of that same sentimental stuff. I can't give more than two stars... make it 1,5.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#123328) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 25, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars Why do you want to purchase a compilation album if you have already got all individual album of the musician / band being featured? For me is simple: I want to see what people think about "the best" for the artist which most of the time are different with what I consider the best with approximately 20% - 40% differences. But that's OK because everyone has different musical taste so that at the end they come up with something different. Fortunately with this the best of Roger Waters I think I can only find roughly 20% differences especially on the inclusion 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' as this is not his creation and he did little on rearrangement of the song. Yes, it's a classic song like "The House of The Rising Sun" but people want more on arrangement, I think. I think, the one done by Guns and Roses is much better than this. However, I have to admit that I also enjoy this song because of Roger Waters' vocal quality that I consider top notch!

Now, if we think that the person who purchases this compilation is very new to Roger Waters, I am pretty damn sure that he or she will love the compilation especially the vocal quality of Roger Waters. Sometimes I imagine I would it be if Waters collaborate with Steve Hackett and make an album called something like "Gabriel Revisited" where all tracks are basically taken from Gabriel era of Genesis. Wow! I can not imagine how beautiful it would be 'Can Utility and The Coastliners' performed its vocal by Waters. Oh man .... So lovely ...!!! Hope that Hackett reads this review - as well as Waters .....LOL.

For newbie of Roger Waters solo, I would expect them love songs like 'The Tide Is Turning' and 'Perfect Sense Part I & II' also others like 'Three Wishes', 'Every Stranger's Eyes'....and of course The Flickering Flame. I hope, having listened to this compilation they would explore to all individual album as well as Pink Floyd's ....

It's a very good compilation, I think. Keep on proggin' ...!!!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#849206) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 02, 2012

3 stars Basically a best of mixed with some rarities. This album has some of Roger Waters' highlights from his three studio albums (Pros And Cons, KAOS, Amused To Death) and the rare stuff: a nice cover of Dylan's Knocking On The Heaven's Door used in some movie, Each Small Candle - a great new song introdu ... (read more)

Report this review (#29274) | Posted by | Monday, April 12, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "Flickering Flame - The Solo Years 1"