12 STORIES DOWN

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

Disc 1: 67:05
1. Prey For Me (6:54)
2. It's You And Me (4:54)
3. The World I Always Dreamed Of (6:31)
4. Oblivion (3:40)
5. From Where You're Standing (4:02)
6. Slip Away (8:07)
7. Watch The World (Turn Grey) (3:40)
8. Clapham (4:30)
9. Catch The Jumping Fool (6:28)
10. Start Your Descent (3:49)
11. Take Our Hands (8:34)
12. The Answers (5:51)

Disc 2: "8 Days Later" (Bonus Disc) 71:59
1. Sunday 8th August, 19:14 (6:22)
2. Monday 9th August, 18:23 (5:25)
3. Tuesday 10th August, 20:26 (9:08)
4. Wednesday 11th August, 20:45 (8:32)
5. Thursday 12th August, 17:45 (6:59)
6. Friday 13th August, 17:15 (5:13)
7. Saturday 14th August, 12:45 (8:23)
8. Sunday 15th August, 10:54 (8:29)
9. Who Will Be There (4:35)
10. Wretched Soul (5:05)
11. I Will Light Up Your Eyes (3:41)

Search PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down lyrics

- Keith Harrison / drums, backing vocals

Guests:
- Richard Hunt / violins
- Libby Bramley / backing vocals

CD GFT Cyclops #: CYCLUB 012 (2004)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

PINEAPPLE THIEF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
All the WarsAll the Wars
10 Stories Down10 Stories Down
Variations on a DreamVariations on a Dream
What We Have SownWhat We Have Sown
Kscope 2013

More places to buy PINEAPPLE THIEF music online Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINEAPPLE THIEF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down ratings distribution

PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down reviews

Review by diddy
2 stars Maybe it was conceivable but I like to express my sincere condolences to the death of Pineapple Thief's last prog influences. The new Album "12 stories down" - which I pre ordered as a special edition because I was quite excited about it - features even less prog ingredients than it's antecessors, in actual fact not any. Even the mellotron is gone completely. Bruce Soord concentrates on, allowedly quite good, alternative/post rock riminiscent of former releases; with a pregnant discrepancy: he restricts to it. Whereas you could talk of slight prog influences on former releases such as "Variations on a dream" or "Abducting the unicorn" (some refused to look down on them as prog either, though) I eventually have to admit that "12 stories down" has no of these slight influences any longer.

But "12 stories down" is still a good album. Judged with different standpoints, ignoring prog, the album is absolutely felicitous. Something you like to listen to now and again, perfect for the car. I'd like to describe it with the term "slight fare"... I consider the bonus album "8 days later" to be even better. I would actually award the bonus album to be prog. It is much more diversified and provides explicitly more exciting compositions. "8 days later" is the second project of it's kind. The concept is that Bruce wrote it in just 8 days, just like "8 days", the first one.

I like to mention that I reviewed the limited edition which could be ordered at the homepage long before the official release. The official release will be remixed and contain less songs ( 4 in number) as you can read on the official homepage.

Two stars from the progressive point of view but definitely more in general. I like to add that I didn't incorporate the bonus album into my rating.

BTW - I wish you all the best for 2005!

Send comments to diddy (BETA) | Report this review (#33524) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 31, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This release is actually a collector item. The first CD is mostly represented with songs that are available on their ''10 Stories Down'' released a month later (some of them with another mix and different lyrics). This is why I will only describe the bonus CD as well as some tracks unavailable on their ''true'' effort.

As it is referenced to, this collector item is hardly impressive, unless you are a PTh frenetic. The second CD ''Eight Days Later'' was supposedly written, recorded and mixed in eight days just as the bonus disc ''Eight Days'' available on the special edition of ''Variations On A Dream''.

It mainly consists in instrumental and ambient music (''Monday August 9th'', ''Tuesday?) although the opener has more texture thanks to its vocal parts which offer a more classic PTh atmosphere while the acoustic and mellow ''Wednesday?'' is sweet, light and melancholic. But in the style, I far much prefer the nice rock ballad ''Friday?''. One of the best track IMO.

''Thursday'' starts with a harder angle, but ends up pretty much in the PT mood (I mean PT here). Repetitive riff, hypnotic beat before the last minute which is again full of wildness.

My favourite is the crescendo type ''Sunday?''. Since I quite like the crescendo structure, I am charmed by this track. Somewhat sad of course (but this a general remark for this work as a whole ? including ''12 Stories'').

The last three tracks from this CD are truly ''PTh'' compliant, especially ''Wretched Soul'' also present on their ''4 Stories Down'' EP. Actually, all these versions of this album makes it quite confusing. Too much is too much!

As an teaser, there is a cut-down version of ''Will Light Your Eyes'' as well. And to conclude, there are some unreleased tracks like ''Slip Away'', ''Watch The World'' or ''Catch The Jumping Fool''. Nothing from the other world, really. One good mention though for ''Take Our Hands''.

Two stars for this ultra long set.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#217965) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 stars Something has happened somewhere along the line to this band. I've enjoyed their work up to now immensely, I've liked their progressive / post rock / indie blendings on 137 and Variations On A Dream which were both great albums, but this time, they've stripped away almost all of the progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#47427) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINEAPPLE THIEF "12 Stories Down"