12 STORIES DOWN

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

Disc 1: 67:05
1. Prey For Me (6:54)
2. It's You And Me (4:54)
3. The World I Always Dreamed Of (6:31)
4. Oblivion (3:40)
5. From Where You're Standing (4:02)
6. Slip Away (8:07)
7. Watch The World (Turn Grey) (3:40)
8. Clapham (4:30)
9. Catch The Jumping Fool (6:28)
10. Start Your Descent (3:49)
11. Take Our Hands (8:34)
12. The Answers (5:51)

Disc 2: "8 Days Later" (Bonus Disc) 71:59
1. Sunday 8th August, 19:14 (6:22)
2. Monday 9th August, 18:23 (5:25)
3. Tuesday 10th August, 20:26 (9:08)
4. Wednesday 11th August, 20:45 (8:32)
5. Thursday 12th August, 17:45 (6:59)
6. Friday 13th August, 17:15 (5:13)
7. Saturday 14th August, 12:45 (8:23)
8. Sunday 15th August, 10:54 (8:29)
9. Who Will Be There (4:35)
10. Wretched Soul (5:05)
11. I Will Light Up Your Eyes (3:41)

Search PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down lyrics

- Keith Harrison / drums, backing vocals
Guests:
- Richard Hunt / violins
- Libby Bramley / backing vocals

CD GFT Cyclops #: CYCLUB 012 (2004)

PINEAPPLE THIEF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down Music

Kscope 2013
10 Stories Down10 Stories Down
Kscope 2011
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ALL THE WARS - KSCOPE231 US $18.73 Buy It Now 33m 40s
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN - KSCOPE223 US $15.66 Buy It Now 33m 46s
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - ONE THREE SEVEN - KSCOPE246 US $16.73 Buy It Now 35m 16s
What We Have Sown, Pineapple Thief, New US $13.66 Buy It Now 8h 27m
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM NEW CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 9h 15m
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND- 2008-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN NEW CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Pineapple Thief - Introducing [CD New] US $10.11 Buy It Now 22h 28m
PINEAPPLE THIEF THE - SHOW A LITTLE LOVE - KSCOPE164S US $15.53 Buy It Now 23h 39m
The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing LP VINYL US $39.85 Buy It Now 1 day
PINEAPPLE THIEF - VARIATIONS ON A DREAM - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.85 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pineapple Thief 3000 Days 24HR - POST!! US $17.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream [CD New] US $13.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven [CD New] US $13.92 Buy It Now 1 day
PINEAPPLE THIEF - ONE THREE SEVEN * - NEW CD US $10.94 Buy It Now 1 day
PINEAPPLE THIEF - SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING - NEW CD US $12.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [CD New] US $16.88 Buy It Now 1 day
OPETH fantastic POSTER ! Pineapple Thief/Katatonia/Anathema/Threshopld/Enchant US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Pineapple Thief : 3000 Days (2CDs) (2009) US $15.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Pineapple Thief The - One Three Seven NEW CD US $16.54 Buy It Now 3 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF One Three Seven Remastered CD 2013 Reissue NEW & SEALED US $16.16 Buy It Now 4 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING NEW 2010 US $16.23 Buy It Now 4 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING**CD US $12.50 Buy It Now 4 days
All the Wars by Pineapple Thief *New CD* US $10.06 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound [Digipak] (CD 2008) US $14.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**TIGHTLY UNWOUND (REMASTERED)**2 CD SET US $13.50 Buy It Now 5 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - WHAT WE HAVE SOWN NEW CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - 3000 DAYS (2 CD) - V/GOOD - 24HR POST!!! US $17.04 Buy It Now 5 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: One Three Seven (Sealed KScope 246) US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Show a Little Love (K-Scope 164S - Sealed) US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: Little Man (K-Scope) US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: 3000 Days (K-Scope 2-disc set - Sealed) US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Pineapple Thief - 10 Stories Down, RARE Orig. Cyclops 2CD NEW US $48.71 Buy It Now 5 days
The Pineapple Thief - 12 Stories Down, RARE Orig. lim. 2CD /CYCLUB 012 US $81.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Pineapple Thief-Tightly Unwound (CD 2008) NEW 24HR POST US $14.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Divadroid International, Vulgar Unicorn, Pineapple Thief, No.xx of 500, megarar! US $81.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief "Live 2003" Very Rare DVD / CD set Mint condition Signed US $81.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of 2 Pineapple Thief CDs All the Wars and Tightly Unwound US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven CD US $16.37 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief - Variations On A Dream CD US $16.37 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief - What We Have Sown CD US $16.28 Buy It Now 6 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound LP Vinyl Record US $36.78 Buy It Now 6 days
Cyclops Sampler Vol. 4 2CD (Pineapple Thief Mostly Autumn Vulgar Unicorn) US $14.60 Buy It Now 7 days
The Pineapple Thief "What We Have Sown" RARE Original CD CYCL164 (Bruce Soord) US $40.60 Buy It Now 7 days
The Pineapple Thief - Someone Here Is Missing (NEW CD) US $19.88 Buy It Now 7 days
The Pineapple Thief - One Three Seven (NEW CD) US $17.44 Buy It Now 7 days
Variations on a Dream by Pineapple Thief *New CD* US $8.85 Buy It Now 7 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF - Glasgow march 2011 tour concert/gig poster US $11.35 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - MAGNOLIA [9/15] - NEW CD US $12.77 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - MAGNOLIA [9/15] (802644828220) - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.95 Buy It Now 7 days
One Three Seven * by Pineapple Thief *New CD* US $8.85 Buy It Now 7 days
VULGAR UNICORN Under the Umbrella CD (Pineapple Thief, RARE prog, Porc Tree) US $89.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VULGAR UNICORN Jet Set Radio CD (Pineapple Thief, RARE prog, Porcupine Tree) US $89.99 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF 137 CD (prog/alt rock, SUPER RARE 2nd album, orig. issue, OOP) US $84.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VULGAR UNICORN Divadroid International CD (Pineapple Thief, RARE prog, numbered) US $89.99 Buy It Now 7 days
the PINEAPPLE THIEF: The Dawn Raids, Pt. 1 (Sealed) US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - TIGHTLY UNWOUND NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 9 days
The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound (NEW 2 x CD) US $19.88 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - 137 (CD) US $34.09 Buy It Now 10 days
Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 10 days
THE PINEAPPLE THIEF Magnolia 2CD Deluxe Limited Edition '2014 - New US $22.66 Buy It Now 11 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF **Magnolia **BRAND NEW 2 CD SET! US $16.96 Buy It Now 11 days
What We Have Sown by Pineapple Thief (CD, Jan-2013, Kscope) US $15.95 Buy It Now 11 days
All the Wars by Pineapple Thief (CD, Sep-2012, Kscope) US $16.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Magnolia [9/15] by Pineapple Thief (CD, Sep-2014, Kscope) US $16.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Pineapple Thief - Introducing... (2014) US $12.07 Buy It Now 12 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF**ALL THE WARS**CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 12 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF Magnolia Limited Double CD Mediabook 2014 NEW & SEALED US $22.66 Buy It Now 12 days
Pineapple Thief - Show A Little Love [New] US $9.12 Buy It Now 13 days
What We Have Sown by Pineapple Thief *New CD* US $11.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Introducing... by Pineapple Thief *New CD* US $6.39 Buy It Now 13 days
Pineapple Thief The - Introducing The Pineapple Thie NEW CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 13 days
Pineapple Thief The - Build A World NEW CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 13 days
Pineapple Thief The - Little Man NEW CD US $11.74 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - Variations On A Dream NEW CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - One Three Seven NEW CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - What We Have Sown NEW CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - 3000 Days NEW CD US $16.05 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - Someone Here Is Missing NEW CD US $16.05 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - All The Wars NEW CD US $16.05 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief The - Tightly Unwound NEW CD US $16.05 Buy It Now 14 days
NEW One Three Seven * by Pineapple Thief (CD) US $20.01 Buy It Now 14 days
NEW 10 Stories Down by Pineapple Thief (CD) US $19.12 Buy It Now 14 days
NEW Tightly Unwound [digipak] by Pineapple Thief (CD) US $21.51 Buy It Now 14 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF SOMEONE HERE IS MISSING LP UK 2000 MADE US $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief - Show A Little Love CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 14 days
Pineapple Thief - Magnolia [CD New] US $15.75 Buy It Now 15 days
Show a Little Love - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD SINGLE Free Shipping US $19.49 Buy It Now 16 days
Magnolia - Pineapple Thief New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - All The Wars 2 LP Set New Vinyl Kscope US $30.78 Buy It Now 16 days
PINEAPPLE THIEF - LITTLE MAN [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pineapple Thief - All The Wars (NEW CD) US $19.88 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy PINEAPPLE THIEF music online Buy PINEAPPLE THIEF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PINEAPPLE THIEF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down ratings distribution

PINEAPPLE THIEF 12 Stories Down reviews

Review by diddy
2 stars Maybe it was conceivable but I like to express my sincere condolences to the death of Pineapple Thief's last prog influences. The new Album "12 stories down" - which I pre ordered as a special edition because I was quite excited about it - features even less prog ingredients than it's antecessors, in actual fact not any. Even the mellotron is gone completely. Bruce Soord concentrates on, allowedly quite good, alternative/post rock riminiscent of former releases; with a pregnant discrepancy: he restricts to it. Whereas you could talk of slight prog influences on former releases such as "Variations on a dream" or "Abducting the unicorn" (some refused to look down on them as prog either, though) I eventually have to admit that "12 stories down" has no of these slight influences any longer.

But "12 stories down" is still a good album. Judged with different standpoints, ignoring prog, the album is absolutely felicitous. Something you like to listen to now and again, perfect for the car. I'd like to describe it with the term "slight fare"... I consider the bonus album "8 days later" to be even better. I would actually award the bonus album to be prog. It is much more diversified and provides explicitly more exciting compositions. "8 days later" is the second project of it's kind. The concept is that Bruce wrote it in just 8 days, just like "8 days", the first one.

I like to mention that I reviewed the limited edition which could be ordered at the homepage long before the official release. The official release will be remixed and contain less songs ( 4 in number) as you can read on the official homepage.

Two stars from the progressive point of view but definitely more in general. I like to add that I didn't incorporate the bonus album into my rating.

BTW - I wish you all the best for 2005!

Send comments to diddy (BETA) | Report this review (#33524) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 31, 2004

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This release is actually a collector item. The first CD is mostly represented with songs that are available on their ''10 Stories Down'' released a month later (some of them with another mix and different lyrics). This is why I will only describe the bonus CD as well as some tracks unavailable on their ''true'' effort.

As it is referenced to, this collector item is hardly impressive, unless you are a PTh frenetic. The second CD ''Eight Days Later'' was supposedly written, recorded and mixed in eight days just as the bonus disc ''Eight Days'' available on the special edition of ''Variations On A Dream''.

It mainly consists in instrumental and ambient music (''Monday August 9th'', ''Tuesday?) although the opener has more texture thanks to its vocal parts which offer a more classic PTh atmosphere while the acoustic and mellow ''Wednesday?'' is sweet, light and melancholic. But in the style, I far much prefer the nice rock ballad ''Friday?''. One of the best track IMO.

''Thursday'' starts with a harder angle, but ends up pretty much in the PT mood (I mean PT here). Repetitive riff, hypnotic beat before the last minute which is again full of wildness.

My favourite is the crescendo type ''Sunday?''. Since I quite like the crescendo structure, I am charmed by this track. Somewhat sad of course (but this a general remark for this work as a whole ? including ''12 Stories'').

The last three tracks from this CD are truly ''PTh'' compliant, especially ''Wretched Soul'' also present on their ''4 Stories Down'' EP. Actually, all these versions of this album makes it quite confusing. Too much is too much!

As an teaser, there is a cut-down version of ''Will Light Your Eyes'' as well. And to conclude, there are some unreleased tracks like ''Slip Away'', ''Watch The World'' or ''Catch The Jumping Fool''. Nothing from the other world, really. One good mention though for ''Take Our Hands''.

Two stars for this ultra long set.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#217965) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 24, 2009

1 stars Something has happened somewhere along the line to this band. I've enjoyed their work up to now immensely, I've liked their progressive / post rock / indie blendings on 137 and Variations On A Dream which were both great albums, but this time, they've stripped away almost all of the progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#47427) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PINEAPPLE THIEF "12 Stories Down"