CLOSE TO THE FIRE

Kayak

Kayak Close To The Fire  album cover

Buy KAYAK Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Close to the fire (8:11)
2. When hearts grow old (3:08)
3. Dream child (3:30)
4. Frozen flame (6:34)
5. Forever (4:48)
6. World aparts (5:12)
7. Crusader (4:39)
8. Two wrongs (don't make a right) (3:35)
9. Anybody's child (5:01)
10. Here today (3:34)
11. Just a matter of time (3:34)
12. Full circle (5:55)
13. Ruthless queen (5:00)

Japanese release bonus tracks:
14. Cried for love (3:23)
15. Love lies (3:42)

Search KAYAK Close To The Fire lyrics

Search KAYAK Close To The Fire tabs

- Pim Hoopman / drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Ton Scherpenzeel / keyboards, backing vocals
- Bert Veldkamp / bass, backing vocals
- Max Werneer / lead vocals, percussion
- Rob Winter / guitars, backing vocals

KAYAK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAYAK Close To The Fire Music

Anywhere But HereAnywhere But Here
Ais 2011
Kayak - phantom of the night 1979 US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
KAYAK Phantom of The Night JAPAN LP RJ-7573 US $25.20 Buy It Now 4h 23m
THE PRESIDENT By Appointment Of JAPAN 28.3P-516 / Kayak US $18.00 Buy It Now 4h 29m
KAYAK - KAYAK - NEW CD US $17.96 Buy It Now 4h 41m
KAYAK - Phantom Of The Night (reissue) - limited 180 gram coloured vinyl LP US $35.64 Buy It Now 4h 58m
KAYAK Night Vision 2001 JAPAN CD issue bonus track US $16.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Kayak - Starlight Dancer CD US $8.14 [0 bids]
Kayak - The Last Encore CD US $8.14 [0 bids]
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer (2012) Remastered CD Esoteric Records US $8.14 [0 bids]
Kayak - Kayak CD (2012) Remastered + Bonus Tracks US $8.14 [0 bids]
Camel / Camel (remaster) + 2 bonus tracks 2002 Kayak - Caravan US $5.50 [1 bids]
Camel / Mirage (remaster) +4 bonus tracks 2002 Kayak - Caravan US $5.50 [0 bids]
KAYAK THE BEST OF IMPORT LP RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 24m
1979 PROG ROCK Kayak Phantom Of The Night Ruthless Queen Vinyl LP @ US $1.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK See See The Sun LP NM 1973 US HARVEST Orig KP HORN STAMPER NO EMI PROG US $4.99 [1 bids]
CD-Kayak-The Very Best of dutch prog psych US $8.99 [0 bids]
KAYAK - ROYAL BED BOUNCER NEW CD US $32.38 Buy It Now 19h 24m
KAYAK - Royal Bed Bouncer LP (RARE Dutch Import on VERTIGO w/Laminated Cover) US $34.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
KAYAK EYEWITNESS 1981 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen KICP 1ST PRESS US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1979 KAYAK 45 IVORY DENCE / DANCE MISSPELL ERROR NEAR MINT VINYL US $0.99 [0 bids]
Kayak / Close to the Fire JAPAN CD OBI SEALED K262 US $16.99 [0 bids]
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak Phantom of the Night Kayak LP KSHE classic US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kayak See the Sun LP Harvest ST 11305 Prog Folk US $12.00 [0 bids]
1st Press 1A/1A 1975 KAYAK royal bed bouncer LP Mint- Promo Label JXS 7023 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KAYAK - Merlin - Bard Of The Unseen CD with OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Night Vision JAPAN Avalon CD 2001 Near Mint ! Safe Packing Free Shipping ! US $22.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak Close to the Fire Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (STARLIGHT DANCER)- ALT.COVER - 1977 - VERTIGO 6360 856 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LP HOLLAND PRESS - KAYAK (THE LAST ENCORE) - 1976 - VERTIGO 6360 854 with insert US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak-Eyewitness Dutch prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night 8 Track tape STILL SEALED US $8.88 Buy It Now 2 days
@ CD Ton Scherpenzeel - Heart Of The Universe MEGARARE KAYAK / CNR RECS 1984 ORG US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK Starlight Dancer 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $8.50 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT LP 1978 ORIGINAL DUTCH VERTIGO SPACESHIP US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK see see the sun 5C 056-24933 A/B dutch emi 1973 LP PS EX/VG+ with insert US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak - 50 Jaar Nederpop [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK-Phantom Of The Night Netherlands Prog US LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK-Eyewitness Spaceship Vertigo Orig LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Last Encore [IMPORT] by Kayak (May-2002, Universal/Mercury) BRAND NEW SEALED CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak-Starlight Dancer 1977 U.S. Promo Janus JXS 7034 cc EX--/M Immaculate vinyl US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak - See See The Sun (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 2 days
## KAYAK - STARLIGHT DANCER LP ROCK 1977 ####################################### US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kayak ?- Starlight Dancer LP Vinyl JXS 7034 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK "Royal Bed Bouncer" Original PROMO LP from 1975 (Janus JXS-7023). US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK "Phantom Of The Night" original STILL SEALED LP from 1978 (Janus JXS-7039) US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KAYAK - PHANTOM OF THE NIGHT - 1978 - STEREO - JANUS JXS-7039 - DUTCH GROUP US $14.50 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - "The Last Encore" LP 1976 ORIG EARLY GERMAN PRESS - Vertigo US $23.88 Buy It Now 3 days
FOCUS-Hamburger Concerto Japan 1st.Press w/OBI PFM Kayak Genesis King Crimson US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak Lp Phantom Of The Night Never opened in Shrink Original Press US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK starlight dancer LP Mint- JXS-7034 Vinyl 1977 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - 50 Jaar Nederpop CD US $19.11 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Phantom Of The Night Import-EU Vinyl Record LP US $37.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - Kayak - ECLEC2336 US $18.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak - See See The Sun - ECLEC2335 US $18.35 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK The Best Of... **orig. Holland EMI 1975 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK Royal Bed Bouncer Prog Holland Record Bury The World You're So Bizarre US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK phantom of the night LP VG+ Promo JXS 7039 USA Wlp 1978 Prog Rock US $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK: I Want You To Be Mine (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - PERISCOPE LIFE / LAST ENCORE NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - EYEWITNESS - BRAND NEW SEALED CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - Starlight Dancer Dutch sympho prog LP 1976 LISTEN US $27.90 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK - Royal bed bouncer Dutch prog LP 1975 LISTEN early Genesis style US $28.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak See See the Sun Original SEALED LP Harvest ST 11305 Prog US $19.19 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK: Eyewitness LP (Netherlands '81 original, 'Jem' import stoc, inner sleeve US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak Starlight Dancer / Phantom Of The Night SEALED 1988 German 2 on 1 CD Camel US $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK LP STARLIGHT DANCER JANUS US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RAY BROWN - KAYAK NEW CD US $23.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak, Starlight Dancer/Janus JXS 7034/Picture Sleeve/LP 1977/In Shrinkwrap US $3.00 [0 bids]
FREE SHIPPING - Kayak - Phantom of the Night - nrmt sealed lp! US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak-Periscope Life 1980 US Mercury SRM 1-3824 cc SIS/M- A=dual label oddity!! US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kayak + Old Man And The Sea JAPAN MINI LP EMPTY PROMO BOX (no CD) US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAYAK Keep The Change b/w Ivory Dence STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK-See See The Sun Netherlands Prog Japan LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1978 KAYAK I Want You To Be Mine 7" 45 rpm PROMO Janus J-2274 Stereo Mono NM- US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Ray Great Big Band Brown - Kayak [CD New] US $17.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore [CD New] US $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK?/?Eyewitness ?JAPAN SHM-CD Mini-LP w/OBI BELLE-111882 US $42.50 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK - SEE SEE THE SUN - NEW CD US $14.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak Phantom of The Night Vertigo Japan LP Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
Periscope Life/last Encore - Kayak New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $23.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak - Eyewitness +2B CD *SEALED* SI WAN / RARE US $13.49 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Periscope Life ** orig. Holland Vertigo 1980 w/ orig. insert US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK s/t ** orig. Holland 1974 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak-Phantom Of The Night-Sealed Lp Vinyl Record-Janus-9098-7039 Ruthless Queen US $8.12 [0 bids]
KAYAK Periscope Life '80 prog.rock ORIGINAL 1st US press LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Phantom Of The Night '78 prog.rock 1st press LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kayak Starlight Dancer LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK starlight dancer Lp RECORD 1977 US $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
KAYAK Starlight Dancer US Original LP 1977 Factory Sealed NEW ! Free Shipping ! US $49.90 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK Periscope Life US Original LP 1980 Sealed NEW ! Worldwide Free Shipping ! US $49.90 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak - Periscope Life/Last Encore CD US $19.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Kayak. Phantom of the night. Janus records JXS7039.~Vinyl NM~Shrink US $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
KAYAK WANT YOU BE MINE IRENE UNPLAYED? 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP DEALS p242 US $14.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy KAYAK music online Buy KAYAK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAYAK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAYAK Close To The Fire ratings distribution

KAYAK Close To The Fire reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars I was really happy by the time this album was released. KAYAK is back! Yeah ..! As I understand from the sleeve of KAYAK "Singles" there was a statement that said the group was disbanded for good in early 1982, shortly after the release of "Eyewitness" live recording album. I thought that the KAYAK "Singles" issued in 1999 remark the fact that the band would never return to studio anymore. And I never tracked the band anymore unless noticing that Ton Scherpenzeel doing a lot of work to strengthen CAMEL. The first news about the return of KAYAK to studio came to me through prog mates when we were active in a local classic rock FM radio. I was actually skeptical with the return of the band since I was fully aware that they became very old.

I proved to be wrong when I purchased the CD in local record store, Duta Suara - Jakarta, sometime in 2000. The first track blew my mind at first spin! I thought Kayak was much more prog in this new recording than their previous albums. The founding fathers of the band: Ton Scherpenzeel, Pim Koopman and Max Werner are back in this new album. Aha .. what can you expect if all the masterminds reunite to craft a new album! The line-up includes Bert Veldkamp, bass player that joined the band since 1975, Rob Winter (guitar, backing vox) and other special guests (including Andy LATIMER of CAMEL).

Close to the Fire - What a great decision to put this wonderful title track as the album opening tune. As I told you, this track blew my mind at first spin of the CD. It even beyond my expectation as I thought with the age of Kayak members, they would tend to write mellow tracks. But this tune proves the other way around. It's not a straight forward rock and also it's not a mellow poppy track. It starts off with a cloudy and rainy nuances followed with a spacey keyboard in a very nice ambient accentuated by a great flute work by ANNET VISSER. The voice enters the music in a slow / mid tempo to open the tune. It then flows to a flute work that plays as a beautiful transition to bring the music into crescendos in an upbeat tempo. The inclusion of flute has really enriched the textures and nuances of the song. Oh my God . this is a wonderfully crafted song, constructed with (I think) meticulous details. In approx minute 4:50 there is a wonderful transition exploring the work of flute (augmented with keyboard) in classical style. This then continued with a short keyboard solo. Well, it is probably the most prog of any Kayak song that has ever been produced since their inception. It's a powerfully written track combining a rather complex arrangement with excellent (and memorable!) melody. It's an accessible prog tune. Try it yourself. Am sure you would agree with me. I also play this track very loud. It's my favorite track.

When Hearts Grow Old - It's a short track with a sad nuance. The classical piano at the opening followed by howling guitar is really good opening melody. This track reminds me to the classic tracks of Kayak. The melody is very strong. I enjoy the combination Werner's voice, classical piano and guitar fills. For those who like Kayak's hit "Ruthless Queen" would love this track. It shares similar vein, I think. Only shorter.

Dream Child - It's a ballad song with a nice guitar fills that accompany voice line. The music flows nicely from beginning to end with the addition of backing vocals, accentuated with percussion work and vibraphone. Drum is not played dynamically here - because of the nature of the tune. Again, it's a melodic track.

Frozen Flame - This track has brought us into more enjoyment of melodic music. Opened with an ambient and spacey keyboard sound accentuated with guitar fills. Oh, what a beautiful melody it is when Werner starts to sing augmented with vibraphone-like sound (probably produced through keyboard). The long sustain guitar work makes me even better with the music even until the voice line back on track. Nothing more I can say than recommending yourself to enjoy this excellent track. The guitar solo is really killing me!

Forever - It starts with a combination of guitar and piano followed with a voice line with backing vocals. The music turns into a happy mood - it reminds me to the musical nuance of Kayak "Merlin" album. The song is probably pop but it has some "heavy" elements with classical music influence.

World Aparts - I don't actually like the opening choir "Face to face / eye to eye .etc" at first listen. But, when I follow the music afterwards, it's an interesting and enjoyable track. Especially, I like the electric guitar work that is played softly combined with a piano touch. Melody wise, it's a nice tune. Lyrically, it's a sad song about relationship.

Crusader - It's a straight forward pop rock song exploring more on rhythm section of guitar and keyboard. It's probably the flute work that makes this track attractive - it creates classical nuance during interlude and at background of voice line. Two Wrongs (don't make a right) - It's even more pop rock than previous track. The interesting thing that I observe on this track is that the voice of of Werner that is very close to his 70's voice. One thing that I don't think it's nice to enjoy is the inclusion of brass section. I don't get used to listening Kayak music with brass section. It's my personal taste, of course. I don't enjoy this track. Somehow, it reminds me to GENESIS when they started using horn section in "abacab" album.

Anybody's Child - This one brings back the classic style of Kayak music. It starts in classical style with great piano work and powerful voice. It's a mellow and nice track. The musical texture is accentuated with orchestration. Again, the electric guitar plays critical role during interlude. Excellent composition with excellent melody.

Here Today - It's a nice track with piano and melodic voice line. Keyboard work at background creates a symphonic nuance. It reminds me to a mellow track "Ninianne" of Merlin album or "Life of Gold". It's an enjoyable and accessible track. Just a Matter of Time - It's a straight pop ballad song that I don't really enjoy. It's too boring for my personal taste. It's weak in composition. The band should drop this track from this album. It's kind like "loose" in connection with others. Full Circle - It opens with an ambient keyboard exploration that produces nice melody. It sets the right tone for vocal to enter the opening part. At the end of voice line the music turns in a marching style like a music for war with traditional music influence. [I think it's the kind of Scotland music?]. This part is really excellent, complex in nature and uplifting mood - demonstrating violin and cello works. The keyboard / organ work is also wonderful, backed with orchestration. The music turns quiet and it continues with a percussion work and keyboard solo. Andy Latimer plays guitar in this track but it's not that obvious that I can hear.

Ruthless Queen - It's the band's classic track rerecorded for this album with different voice quality with almost the same arrangement. Nothing worthy of review, I think.

Well, it's great to see the guys are back. Musically, this album is wonderful - it has a powerful songwriting. Short after this release, the band launched a double CD live recording album "Chance of a LiveTime" which is also good. Unfortunately their follow- up "Night Vision" album is not as strong (see my previous review of the album, in this page) as "Close To The Fire". The band than revitalized with another strong album "Merlin - The Bard Unseen". As for this album, I have no doubt to recommend you to purchase this CD. Highly recommended. Keep on progging! Progressively Yours, GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#4214) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 16, 2005

Review by friso
4 stars Kayak - Close to the Fire (2000)

Kayak back on the track! This album was one of the last Kayakalbums I found. At first listen I didn't really like it, so it took some time before I listened to it again.

Nowadays my opinion shifted to a very positive one. This is an underrated record! First, the production is very good for an album of the 21th century. The old Kayak sound was put aside (not lost!) and a new symphonic sound came in return. And it works really fine. The return of Max Werner is one of main things that makes this album so good. I think of him as one of the best progsinger ever! The guitars are gentle but there when needed. The drums are important on this album. Drummer/songwriter Pim Koopmans did some new effects on this album, wich is good.

A few highlights I want to discuss with you. The frozen flame is simply one of my alltime favourite songs! It's so bombastic and emotional. I would like to hear it (if possible) on my burial. Just get this song!

Two wrongs is a song not typical for this album. It's starts of like a classic rock'nroll song, but later on it proves to be a real oldschool Kayak composition. I really enjoy it!

Full Circle is an experimental song for Kayak. The celtic sounds combined with the electric distorted sound from the syntisizers give a nice vibe, a good ending for the album.

Some other songs aren't very special, but all songs are good enough for the album. Now there is a final discision to be made.... Four stars! A great comeback of Kayak and the last recording with Max Werner as well. No other album Kayak made sounds like this album. It's a special Kayak release.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#172472) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 29, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars Kayak came full circle

Kayak disbanded in early 80's and it seemed that it was for good. Surprisingly, they returned in the new millennium with the excellent Close To The Fire. The sound of this album is quite different from the 70's Kayak albums. This is in many ways more progressive and I actually like this a lot more than the early albums by the band!

The title-track is the longest, most progressive and best track of the album. I immediately liked it upon hearing it the first time. The rest of the album took a bit longer to sink in, but now I like the whole album almost as much as that first track. The folksy, Celtic-sounding melodies are present on several tracks, most notably on the title-track and in Full Circle. The latter features the distinctive guitar sound of Andy Latimer from Camel who makes a guest appearance. Latimer and Ton Scherpenzeel, the keyboard player and leader of Kayak, know each other from the time when Scherpenzeel was a member of Camel in the 80's.

Some parts of the sound of Close To The Fire remind slightly of Camel (especially the Camel of the 90's with albums like Dust And Dream and Harbour Of Tears), other parts remind of Marillion, yet others of Barclay James Harvest (particularly Wooly Wolstenholme's songs), Supertramp and even Pink Floyd (particularly the Division Bell-era). Some instrumental passages remind me strongly of Mike Oldfield's more up-tempo, Celtic-influenced moments. Especially, the Q.E.2 album.

The material is strong and highly melodic. Frozen Flame is a great song with an almost Neo-Prog sound and great guitar play. Worlds Apart reminds of bands like Asia and is closer to AOR than Prog, but I do not mind this at all. Indeed, I think that this song fits in well and keeps the album varied. Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right is also a more straightforward number, almost Pop Metal! The main guitar line reminds very much of Don't Believe A Word by Thin Lizzy. This song sticks out in the same way that Hooks In You sticks out on Marillion's Seasons End album. But somehow it fits and makes the album varied yet coherent, and it is kept interesting throughout.

The fact that the album opens and closes with two very strong songs in Close To The Fire and Full Circle (Ruthless Queen is a remake of an older song and should be considered a bonus track) helps further to hold it all together. These two songs both have a strong Celtic sound that perfectly bookends the album.

The conclusion is that this is a very good album and I can really recommend it (even to people who doesn't very much like the early Kayak albums).

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#215235) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars As you might know, I have always been quite suspicious with bands re-uniting after a long break (be it ten or like in this case twenty years).

But on the other hand, I have always been quite kind with "Kayak". Even if they never belonged to my fave bands, they never released poor albums either as far as I'm concerned. But it is well known that their prog approach was always mixed with severe pop aspects.

Once you have taken this into account, you might have some fine moments with "Kayak". And the pretty good and somewhat folkish opener is quite an experience to tell the truth. This is a very good track; especially during the instrumental parts. The highlight actually.

Still, this album features some pop tracks which are more painful than before ("Dream Child") but on the other hand there are some truly great moments, like the gorgeous guitar break during "Frozen Flame" which is another very good song from this "Close To The Fire" (sounds familiar, no?).

Is there any need to tell you that most of the vocals melodies are extremely crafted ("Forever")? I guess not, since it has always been a genuine quality of the band. This doesn't imply that I succumb to such a track as the weak "Worlds Apart". Some sort of second hand "Genesis" ballad when they were not five, nor four any longer.

This album is taking you through different musical horizons: a pop-folk "Crusader" which doesn't hold my votes, an awful upbeat pop song with "Two Wrongs" which is best avoided.

The feel is quite mixed while listening to this long album. Some sweet moments for sure but I wouldn't go as high as most fellow prog reviewers (I am used to this). Three stars sounds legitimate but no more.

Unlike many other bands, "Kayak" didn't miss their come back in the sense that this album is in line with most of their previous efforts (although this one sounds quite mellowish with songs like "Here Today").

The closing "Ruthless Queen" is also on the soft edge. It is an old song from the band slightly revisited. The melody is magnificent and supersedes a lot of the songs from this work.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#225875) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 10, 2009

4 stars I personally think this is Kayak's best album. It sounds like the classic Kayak moved over to our time. Most prog fans might find them a bit too poppy, but it's a good balance between pop, rock and progressive music. On the following albums the guys from Kayak start using a lot of female vocals, ... (read more)

Report this review (#163751) | Posted by Niccollo | Wednesday, March 12, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAYAK "Close To The Fire "