SOIL FESTIVITIES

5. Movement 5 (7:20)

Search VANGELIS Soil Festivities lyrics

Search VANGELIS Soil Festivities tabs

- Vangelis / keyboards, percussion

LP Polydor Records (823396-2) Greece (1984)

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Soil Festivities Music

Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)
Audio Fidelity 2013
Vinyl$23.26
ThemesThemes
Polydor / Umgd 1989
L'Apocalypse Des Animaux (1972 TV Documentary)L'Apocalypse Des Animaux (1972 TV Documentary)
Soundtrack
Universal Motown Records Group 1987
CollectionCollection
Warner Bros UK 2012
Heaven and Hell: Remastered EditionHeaven and Hell: Remastered Edition
Remastered · Import
Esoteric 2013
Rock 45 Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire / Eric'S Theme On Polydor US $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 43s
VANGELIS My Love Vinyl Record 7 Inch Polydor 2001 973 1980 US $48.99 Buy It Now 56m 2s
1492 Conquest Of Paradise - Vangelis CD Soundtrack New! US $8.80 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Vangelis "Chariots Of Fire" Vinyl LP Record US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
VANGELIS -- CHARIOTS OF FIRE -- SOUNDTRACK LP -- MINT US $9.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis -Heaven & Hell(Vintage Vinyl LP in shrink,1975)New Age/Ambient_YES Jon US $1.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS JON ANDERSON The Best of UK LP RCA PL25172 electronic prog import US $11.37 Buy It Now 1h 51m
(CD) Blade Runner - OST / Vangelis / Japan Import US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h
vangelis - the collection (10 track CD album) US $4.90 Buy It Now 2h 5m
JON & VANGELIS (CHRONICLES) 1994 Import Rock CD - 14 Trax - Jon Anderson - YES US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
VANGELIS L'APOCALYPSE DES ANIMAUX + OPERA SAUVAGE 2 ALBUMS ON 1 CASSETTE TAPE US $7.33 Buy It Now 2h 26m
VANGELIS: Portraits (So Long Ago, So Clear) (Religious & New Age Polydor NM/NM) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Vangelis Invisible Connections DGG VAN 415 196 Cote de Liesse pressing US $6.00 [0 bids]
APHRODITE'S CHILD ISRAELI EP LITRATONE vangelis psych ! US $600.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE ( VANGELIS ) 45s US $2.00 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr Cairo LP I'll Find My Way Home US $17.96 Buy It Now 3h 21m
VANGELIS L'Apocalypse des animaux Vinyl LP Polydor 2393-058 1970 US $17.95 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Vangelis - Odyssey (The Definitive Collection, CD 2003) V.GOOD US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Direct by Vangelis US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
VANGELIS LP OPERA SAUVAGE POLYDOR US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
7"-Single VANGELIS - Heaven And Hell / Alpha (1975) UK PS / BBC TV-series COSMOS US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
VANGELIS Japan 1977 Mint-LP ALBEDO 0.39 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
7"-Single VANGELIS - The Blade Runner (1982) MINT- GERMANY PS US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
1981 Vangelis ?Chariots Of Fire The Original Movie Soundtrack Album Lp Record US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Lot of 2 Vangelis CDs Opera Sauvage & Chariots of Fire US $8.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis Chariots of Fire soundtrack 1981 lp record vinyl . US $5.25 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Alexander - Vangelis New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Opera Sauvage by Vangelis US $4.98 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Vangelis Albedo 8 Track Vinyl LP US $15.09 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Vangelis Spiral 5 Track Vinyl LP US $15.09 Buy It Now 5h 38m
VANGELIS : PULSTAR - THE HITS OF VANGELIS CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 44m
SACD Blade Runner by Vangelis (CD, Jun-2013, Audio Fidelity) US $32.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 33 RPM VANGELIS SOUNDTRACK CHARIOTS OF FIRE STEREO RECORD ALBUM US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Vangelis-Portraits (So Long Ago,So Clear) - Vangelis New & Sealed CD Free Shippi US $12.74 Buy It Now 6h 3m
1492: Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis CD 1992 Atlantic US $0.99 [0 bids]
Heaven And Hell - Vangelis (LP 1975) US $0.25 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - To The Unkown Man - RCA LP 1982 NM US $2.99 [0 bids]
Socrates with Vangelis O. Papathanassiou "Phos" LP US $20.00 [0 bids]
IGNACIO soundtrack de VANGELIS PAPATHANASSIOU French LP pressing EGG Recs US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Vangelis To The Unknown Man on vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS**CHINA**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 7h
Vangelis Antarctica Soundtrack LP Japan US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 9m
VANGELIS - SPIRAL: REMASTERED EDITION NEW CD US $32.11 Buy It Now 7h 9m
1981 - Vangelis - Chariots of Fire - Soundtrack - Polydor - PD-1-6335 US $4.99 [0 bids]
1981 - Vangelis - Chariots of Fire - Original Soundtrack - Polydor - PD-1-6335 US $4.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - BEST OF NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Chariots Of Fire by Vangelis US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
SOUNDTRACK LP: VANGELIS PAPTHANASSIOU La Fete Sauvage PATHE MARCONI Import 1975 US $6.99 [0 bids]
13 lp LOT electronic tangerine dream tomita vangelis wendy carlos kitaro walter! US $155.00 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Vangelis - Themes Japan CD OOP US $12.49 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Jon And Vangelis - State Of Independence/The Friends... - Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jon And Vangelis - I Hear You Now/Thunder - Spanish Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $7.99 [0 bids]
BEST OF VANGELIS [VINYL], VANGELIS, Acceptable US $7.87 Buy It Now 8h 48m
jon and vangelis Short stories US $8.87 [0 bids]
Voices by Vangelis (CD, Jan-1996, Atlantic) US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
BLADE RUNNER Original 1982 Movie Soundtrack CD Vangelis 94 (VG+) US $3.50 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson "In the City of Angels" CBS w/ lyric sheet prog rock Yes vangelis US $1.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS 1986 POLYGRAM POLYDOR RARE LOOK MADE IN GREECE 829413-4 USED SEE PHOTOS US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis - Zijn Grootste Successen RCA International ? NL-25401 1981 2 LP Album US $6.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS The City CASSETTE U.S. press 1990 - no jarre wakeman kitaro oldfield US $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 58m
VANGELIS 1492 Conquest Of Paradise CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 11h 36m
JON & VANGELIS THE FRIENDS OF Mr CAIRO PAPER LABELS CASSETTE US $8.16 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Blade Runner CD Vangelis Soundtrack 1994 Canada release US $18.00 Buy It Now 13h 10m
VANGELIS DIRECT ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $26.61 Buy It Now 13h 26m
LP Vangelis - See You Later 1980 Germany press EX/EX US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Short Stories, Jon and Vangelis, Good Import US $7.49 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories - RARE Israel Made Israeli LP Prog LISTEN US $13.29 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Best of VANGELIS hits cd PORTRAITS conquest CHARIOTS of FIRE antarctica HYMN US $7.99 [0 bids]
CHARIOTS of FIRE soundtrack CD score VANGELIS ost US $8.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS-7"Single-Heaven & Hell (Theme from Cosmos) EX+ US $8.15 Buy It Now 14h 43m
Vangelis - Soundtrack Chariots Of Fire + Best Of - RARE Israel Israeli 2xLP US $13.29 Buy It Now 15h
VANGELIS BLADE RUNNER - HYBRID SACD Audio Fidelity (2013) NEW US $35.99 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Jon & Vangelis - Best of CD (1984) Prog Rock US $13.05 Buy It Now 15h 28m
ENNIO MORRICONE (The Mission, Secret Of the sahara) VANGELIS - Blade Runner US $20.00 Buy It Now 15h 45m
"REFLECTIONS"~UK LP 1982~Abba~Santana~Fleetwood Mac~Vangelis~Morricone~Williams US $13.05 Buy It Now 15h 46m
Jon & Vangelis - Page Of Life: Remastered Edition Rmst CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 16h 5m
ALPHA III AGARTHA LP BRAZIL 1stPRES 1987 PSYCH PROG MOOG VANGELIS AMIR CANTUSIO US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 6m
VANGELIS/BEAUBOURG LP 1978 JAPAN PROMO US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 27m
The City by Vangelis (CD, Nov-1990, EastWest) US $2.25 Buy It Now 16h 38m
VANGELIS - Heaven And Hell (CD) GERMANY Pressing US $11.43 [0 bids]
VANGELIS spiral . uk lp 1st press RCA. mint vinyl US $16.31 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Vangelis Spiral CD *SEALED Rare Orig US 1997 Windham Hill Ver To The Unknown Man US $29.00 Buy It Now 17h 16m
JON AND VANGELIS_The Friends Of Mr Cairo_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $10.64 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Vangelis Soil Festivities A1/A2 1st Sterling Press, Near Mint, ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $24.00 Buy It Now 17h 34m
Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - 9841398 US $11.90 Buy It Now 17h 38m
Unwind - (2001) 301 Chillout with Moby Vangelis Zero 7 US $7.33 Buy It Now 17h 44m
VANGELIS - BLADE RUNNER "End title" OST OSTX - RARE 7" ORIGINAL ITALY-NEAR MINT US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Heaven and Hell Vangelis Audio Cassette in Very Good condition US $3.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS: HEAVEN AND HELL-12"33-1975 RCA/GERMANY NL 71148(A2/B2)EX++ US $16.31 [0 bids]
JON AND VANGELIS SHORT STORIES JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Opera Sauvage - Vangelis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.21 Buy It Now 18h 56m
VANGELIS SEE YOU LATER JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 18h 57m
Blade Runner Soundtrack by Vangelis LP sealed! red 180g electronica new wave US $28.00 Buy It Now 19h
VINYL LP - JON VANGELIS - SHORT STORIES - 2442 169 US $14.68 Buy It Now 19h 25m
VANGELIS ANTARCTICA 1988 USA POLYDOR CD The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack US $12.00 Buy It Now 19h 28m
VANGELIS-ALPHA US $8.00 [0 bids]
VINYL LP - CHARIOTS OF FIRE - VANGELIS 2383602 US $14.68 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Vangelis - Oceanic / TH Cassette US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
Jon & Vangelis - Best Of - RARE Israel Israeli LISTEN / Synth-Ambient-Prog US $14.24 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Vangelis - To The Unknown Man / TH Cassette US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Soil Festivities ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(26%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(26%)

VANGELIS Soil Festivities reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars This album impressed me when I first bought it; it sounded a bit different, and I thought that there was an edge to it that was lacking before. As years went by, though, each piece seemed unfocused, too repetitious, or just plain unoriginal. I'm sure that someone who owned only this album by Vangelis would find it wonderfully creative, but I've already got over a dozen (plus the Aphrodite's Child stuff). By this time, I was ready for Vangelis to do something new, which soon happened with "Invisible Connections".

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#34771) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 22, 2005

Review by Chris S
2 stars Soil festivities has the making of a great piece of work but loses itself on not being unique in any clearly defined way. Don't get me wrong I like it quite a lot all the movements are strong particularly part four and five but there is a diluted ' feel' to the album which perhaps is just me missing something. There are many excellent albums by Vangelis, personally SF just does not quite make it as an overall work. For collectors only definitely.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#34772) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 22, 2005

Review by richardh
3 stars Now this is Vangelis doing ''new age'' ! ..and doing it extremely well.I have to admit I like a lot of new age stuff..strap on the haadphones, relax back in your sofa and let the music take you away..Then you wake up!! OK by many peoples definitions this is boring BUT Vangelis is so talented that you must not ignore any of his music.This is still very good of its kind.Undemanding and atmospheric music that creates a pleasant ambience.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34773) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Review by greenback
4 stars "Soil festivities" sounds a bit like the "Mask" album: it was just made the year before "Mask". The loaded & floating keyboards are often echoed, giving a feeling of grandeur to the whole. The rhythm (low frequency synth notes) is slow, but many times changing.

My favorite track is "Movement 4", which takes all its time to reveal all its majestic power in the form of apocalyptic & floating streams of keyboards. "Movement 4" sounds like "Mask" and I really appreciate it! "Movement 5" is very symphonic and dynamic. If you like "Mask", then you should at least like some bits on this record. But I really prefer "Mask", because it has the mythological & religious dimension that is not really present here.

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#40965) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 30, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
4 stars I guess this is closest to ambient that VANGELIS ever came. To some degree I'm fond of this album, partly because it has memory links to my first love, and yet it has never been among my biggest favourites by VANGELIS. It was actually the first and second movements only that I taped long ago. Now I'm listening to the whole album again and I like also movements 4 and 5. Still the 3rd one doesn't turn me on: a bit chaotic flights of synths and percussion. What I always liked most about Soil Festivities - or the long 1st movement to be exact - is the strong image of moist and lively worlds of microcosmos, the creatures in the soil. Consider the sleeve pictures and the album title: that secret world is the theme, the inspiration, for this album. Only I'm not so sure if the image remains as strong on all movements.

1st movement (18:32): the repetitious, pulsative synth background with various sharper synth sounds functions really meditatively to the concentrating listener. It's not quite like any other music by VANGELIS but to me one of his best pieces. The sound effects of rain may not be very original but they fit perfectly. The 2nd movement (6:20) has more or less similar pulsative nature. It is slower, calmer and not so strong in evoking images, but its wailing synth melodies are equally beautiful.

4th movement (9:57): yes, it reminds of Mask, the next album, and is among the highlights. And the 5th movement (7:20) could be described as the most symphonic and triumphant one. How on earth I originally missed these two great movements? I recommend this album to those who enjoy ambient music with an orientation to evoke inner images. Especially if you find the theme, the microcosmos of the soil, interesting, check it out! 3½ stars.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#182175) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars I bought this album as soon as it was released and initially I disliked it. I was hoping to find a symphonic prog masterpiece like Heaven and Hell and I was very disappointed with this tendentially newage album. In addition to this, the same year I saw him live in one of the worst improvised concerts I've ever seen, even if the landscape of the Caracalla ruins in Rome was very impressive. I was about to quit with Vangelis that year.

I resisted and gave more spins to this album. It was not bad. Only different from what I was looking for in that specific moment. A bit more fantasy in the choice of the tracks titles whould have been appreciated, in any case.

"Movement one" is long as an epic, but it has little variations. It's more like a Krautrock or space rock track. Just some more melodic than what Edgar Froese was used to do. Some sounds remind to the OST of Blade Runner, but there are some sounds that are typical of Vangelis and can remind to any of his works. It flows very softly. Many people is used to define Vangelis as a newage artist, but try to add a Mediterranean touch to Tangerine Dream and you'll have a description of his music in this period. Don't confuse "Mediterranean" with "Sunshine" It can be wintertime in Greece too, and this is music for a rainy day, stigmatized by thunders and rain in the final part of the suite. This is likely the reason why he started to be considered a newage artist, but the use of Nature's sounds doesn't always mean newage. Is Edgar Froese debut newage?

"Movement two" is based on the same tempo, but the sound that gives the tempo is different. The melody is provided by a "violin" (It's everything made by keyboards, but speaking of violin takes less than writing "sound of violin"). Whenever the chord changes, the passage is never trivial. Again a good piece of space music.

"Movement three" Starts darker than the previous two tracks. There are echoes of "China" in the use of percussions (same as violin, of course), but this really reminds to Albedo 0.31, in particular to "Nucleogenesis". This can't be called newage in any way. It's dark space rock. Some bells remind to the Hell section of Heaven and Hell, too. At around minute 4, the rhythmless dark sounds give room to an orchestral part, still chaotic which ends inaspectately with major chords in the best Vangelis tradition before going back to the darkness and fading out.

"Movement Four" Starts with four Xylophone(same as violin and percussions) notes on which a flute-like sound blows the tune. The variations here are given by the percussions. This is quite a dark version of "Alpha"(Albedo 0.39). Then the pitch starts to change and the passages are used to introduce a symphonic element. It happens three times, then the track is back to the original mood. Now other than percussions we have fender piano, fretless bass and octavine (all championed, of course). An hypnotic track.

Finally, "Movement Five". It's not chaotic as Nucleogenesis but it looks like an improvised track (even if you can't never say with Vangelis). It's very hard to describe as it changes several times and alternates melodic and chaotic parts very frequently, The result is a sort of springtime after all the dark winter days of the first four movements.

I suggest this album to Space Rock and Krautrock fans. Many people considers Vangelis newage probably for his most melodic soundtracks, but this album is not the case.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#294727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 16, 2010

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars After the release of the excellent «Antarctica », Vangelis explores more into the new age territories with this very quiet « Soil Festivities ».

The album is divided into five movements, but it might as well be considered as one long and single track. The whole album is very repetitive and sounds as a very similar stuff from start to finish. There are some fine experimentations and sonic landscapes but I would have liked some more grandeur in the style.

You have been warned: don't expect anything ą la "Antarctica" or you might be disappointed. This album is quite daring and definitely explores less commercial ways than several of its predecessor. At times, it is fine to see that an artist is willing to take some risks and avoids some routine work.

Still, this is quite a different album in the whole of the artist's career. It is not my fave but I it is interesting enough to rate it with three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305348) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010

3 stars One of two albums released in the same year. With all the soundtracks and collaborations with Jon Anderson, it is good to hear some pure Vangelis. As usual, this one is very different from its predecessors, yet reminiscent of many of them. There is a greater sense of unity in this recording ... (read more)

Report this review (#292772) | Posted by Progosopher | Friday, July 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is my 'Desert Island Disk'. From the moment I heard it I knew it was special. Over twenty years later and its even more so, not just for sentimental reasons, but also because I have found out a little about Vangelis in the mean time and now know that this, like so many of his other albums ... (read more)

Report this review (#68875) | Posted by | Thursday, February 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I followed Vangelis' career closely back in those days, and I had every single one of his albums. By the time 'Soil Festivities' was released I was into lots of other stuff, but this album brought me right back home. Like all of Vangelis' music, it really drives the imagination, but because of h ... (read more)

Report this review (#34774) | Posted by | Saturday, May 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Soil Festivities"