SOIL FESTIVITIES

5. Movement 5 (7:20)

Search VANGELIS Soil Festivities lyrics

Search VANGELIS Soil Festivities tabs

- Vangelis / keyboards, percussion

LP Polydor Records (823396-2) Greece (1984)

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Soil Festivities Music

ThemesThemes
Polydor / Umgd 1989
CollectionCollection
Warner Bros UK 2012
Chariots of FireChariots of Fire
Import · Remastered · Soundtrack
POLYDOR UK 2006
APHRODITE'S CHILD - VANGELIS MAGIC MIRROR VERY RARE GREEK 45 VG+ PLAYS BETTER US $4.99 [0 bids]
31m 39s
JON AND VANGELIS SHORT STORIES / POLYGRAM CDN LP NM US $7.97 Buy It Now 34m 47s
THE ASSEMBLED MULTITUDE PROMO 45 THEME FROM COSMOS {HEAVEN AND HELL} - VANGELIS US $2.99 [0 bids]
49m 54s
VANGELIS The Dragon VINYL 1978 ENGLAND CRL 5013 -MINT rare US $45.00 Buy It Now 57m 3s
SILENT PORTRAIT-VANGELIS US $18.00 [0 bids]
ATHENS 1997-VANGELIS US $18.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS-SENSITIVITY PLUS ALPHA(LIVE CONCERT IN PARIS) US $15.99 [0 bids]
Musique au Coeur de Vangelis-VANGELIS US $15.99 [0 bids]
Sealed JON ANDERSON and VANGELIS - SHORT STORIES Polydor LP 1980 YES Mint RARE! US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Jon & Vangelis - The friends of Mr Cairo 12" Vinyl Album EX US $12.53 Buy It Now 1h 36m
JON AND VANGElIS Private Collection +inner sleeve POLYDOR 1983 UK press US $15.04 Buy It Now 1h 48m
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - THEMES [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/VANGELIS] - NEW CD US $5.29 Buy It Now 2h
Vintage Vinyl LP Record VANGELIS Ignacio EGG 900.531 Electronic/Classical France US $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Vangelis Direct AL8545 R VG C G (LP-11711) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
JON & VANGELIS - CHRONICLES - CD ALBUM - EXC US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Spiral, Vangelis, Good Vinyl US $10.84 Buy It Now 2h 18m
JON & VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr. Cairo POLYDOR Shrink US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 27m
VANGELIS LP OPERA SAUVAGE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Chariots of Fire OST, Vangelis, Good Vinyl US $9.59 Buy It Now 3h 5m
VANGELIS..IRENE PAPAS - ODES..POLISH CASSETTE..EURO STAR..FREE SHIPPING!!! US $13.77 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Play the hits of Vangelis/Beatles/Lionel Richie and more (& Royal Philharmonic O US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Jon Anderson and Vangelis-Private Collection PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!YES! US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
COSMOS tv soundtrack 1981VG++ Vangelis Roy Buchanan US $7.99 [1 bids]
Jon and Vangelis - The Friends of Mr Cairo - 7" Single US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Jon Anderson and Vangelis-The Friends of Mr. Cairo-NEAR MINT LP!!w/sleeve!!YES!! US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
VANGELIS - REPRISE: 1990-1999 CD US $6.55 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Antarctica by Vangelis (CD, 1983, Polydor) US $1.99 [0 bids]
China - Vangelis (1987, CD New) US $5.88 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Collection - Vangelis (2012, CD New) US $11.54 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Aphroditie's Child-It's Five O'Clock France Import Gatefold Vangelis US $35.00 [0 bids]
Jon and Vangelis Private Collection Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis : 1492: Conquest of Paradise (CD, 1992, Atlantic) US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Chariots of Fire by Vangelis (CD, May-1984, Polydor) ORIG WEST GERMANY POLYGRAM US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h
VANGELIS - CHARIOTS OF FIRE LP SOUNDTRACK (NM+/EX) PD-1-6335 - STEREO US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 12m
VANGELIS CHARIOTS OF FIRE WEST GERMANY CD JAPAN ED P33P US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Antarctica (Sdtk) - Vangelis (CD 1990) US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 18m
NEW Chariots Of Fire - Vangelis US $7.30 Buy It Now 7h 42m
SEABAT Crescent Parc LP+DVD NEW VINYL Constellation Tatsu Emeralds Vangelis US $30.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Vangelis - Rapsodies [Remastered] (CD 2007) US $8.28 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Vangelis, Heaven and Hell LP, first US pressing-RCA gold label, Jon Anderson YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis LP "Albedo 0.39" orig first US pressing, RCA LPL1-5136, VG+ US $4.98 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Spiral RCA Stereo NM/MINT! Sample US $11.00 Buy It Now 8h 39m
JON & VANGELIS Short Stories CD NEW US $18.66 Buy It Now 9h 11m
Themes by Vangelis (CD, Oct-1989, Polydor) Mint US $6.50 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Blade Runner Vangelis OST LP '82 fullmoon vinyl OOP philip k. dick rare original US $56.00 Buy It Now 9h 31m
VANGELIS FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 48m
1976 - VANGELIS - Royal Albert Hall Date - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.04 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Conquest Of Paradise Vangelis CD single (CD5 / 5") UK YZ704CD EAST WEST 1992 US $20.91 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Jon & Vangelis - I Hear You Know - Polydor #232257 US $8.35 Buy It Now 12h 32m
VANGELIS SOIL FESTIVITIES LP 727 US $8.99 Buy It Now 12h 52m
VANGELIS "THE BEST OF VANGELIS" CD US $14.03 Buy It Now 12h 59m
JON and VANGELIS "SHORT STORIES" 33rpm US $11.23 Buy It Now 12h 59m
BLADE RUNNER ORIGINAL OST EXPORT EDITION RIDLEY SCOTT VANGELIS LP VINYL NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Vangelis - Light & Shadow: Best Of Vangelis CD US $14.35 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Jon & Vangelis Short Stories CD NEW (UK Import) US $8.78 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Vangelis - 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise - Cassette US $6.00 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Vangelis - The City - Cassette US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Vangelis - Greatest Hits - 2 Cassettes US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Vangelis - Light & Shadow: Best Of Vangelis [CD New] US $6.76 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Vangelis - Collection [CD New] US $15.22 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Vangelis - China [CD New] US $7.67 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Jon Anderson Candle Song [CD-Single][3-tracks] *SEALED UK 1994 Yes and Vangelis US $35.00 Buy It Now 15h 50m
Vangelis Chariots Of Fire Mexican Edition CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Vangelis Portraits Mexican Edition CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Music of Vangelis US $4.12 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Jon and Vangelis Friends of Mr Cairo Promo #163 Vinyl 12" Dance US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h
VANGELIS/ALBEDO 0.39 JPN RVP-6156 US $14.00 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Vangelis - Portrait (1996) so long ago, so clear US $6.68 Buy It Now 17h 34m
VANGELIS - The Best Of Vangelis - Excellent Condition LP Record RCA RCALP 3028 US $10.04 Buy It Now 17h 34m
Roberto Cacciapaglia-SEI-JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD(POPUL VUH TANGERINE DREAM VANGELIS US $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
VANGELIS CHARIOTS OF FIRE Olympics Jerusalem Film Score OST Keyboard Electonica US $9.35 Buy It Now 17h 54m
VANGELIS - ALEXANDER [ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK] [VANGELIS] - NEW CD US $8.65 Buy It Now 18h 16m
Vangelis - Antarctica Original Soundtrack (Cassette, 1983 Polydor) Film Score US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 31m
VANGELIS spiral PL 25116 uk rca victor LP PS EX/EX gatefold with inner sleeve US $15.04 Buy It Now 18h 43m
VANGELIS china POLD 5018 uk polydor LP PS EX/VG+ gatefold sleeve US $13.37 Buy It Now 18h 45m
VANGELIS: REPRISE[90-99] Bon Voyage,Rachel's Song,Conquest of Paradise+FREE SHIP US $8.98 Buy It Now 18h 58m
Vangelis - Odyssey: The Definitive Collection (Digipak) (CD 2003) US $8.35 Buy It Now 19h 4m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - JON AND VANGELIS - I'LL FIND A WAY HOME - JV 1 US $11.69 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Chariots of Fire Vangelis LP Lot #848 US $2.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
NIGHT OF POETRY/ANTIGONE(LIVE PERFORMANCE)-VANGELIS US $22.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS THE CITY SEALED CD NEW US $5.51 Buy It Now 20h
Music from Koreeyoshi Kurahara's Film ANTARCTICA OST-Vangelis/W GER Polydor VG+ US $13.50 Buy It Now 20h 23m
VANGELIS**ANTARTICA (OST/180 GRAM)**VINYL US $32.50 Buy It Now 20h 55m
VANGELIS-5000 lies/my brother the police officer US $18.00 [0 bids]
Antarctica Vangelis Japan -- Used CD Soundtrack US $60.00 Buy It Now 21h 14m
Jon & Vangelis Short Stories inc I Hear You Now + LP US $12.55 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Cosmic Dreams Disc 1 Only -- Used CD Brian Eno Vangelis US $12.00 Buy It Now 21h 44m
VANGELIS - Heaven & Hell - 1975 UK BBC label 7" vinyl single US $11.69 Buy It Now 22h 32m
VANGELIS - Chariots Of Fire - 1981 UK 7" Single US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Vangelis HYPOTHESIS LP - EXCELLENT 1980 OXFORD RECORDS OX 3162 ITALY US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Jon And Vangelis Short Stories 1st First Press W. Germany Polydor 800 027 Clean US $29.95 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Vangelis TO THE UNKNOWN MAN LP - SEALED MINT 1982 RCA AFL1-4397 US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 48m
VANGELIS MAMA 'O Red Square COSMIC DISCO FUNK SPANISH 45 PS 1978 Great cond US $69.00 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Vangelis China CD US $6.07 Buy It Now 22h 52m
VANGELIS - CHINA NEW CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 23h 7m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE SOUNDTRACK VANGELIS STEREO RECORD ALBUM LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 23h 10m
VANGELIS - Themes Sampler - RARE 1989 German-pressed limited edition 5-track US $41.81 Buy It Now 23h 11m
VANGELIS THEMES 1989 UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE TAPE US $16.39 Buy It Now 23h 55m
VANGELIS PAPATHANASSIOU L'APOCALYPSE DES ANIMAUX OST 1973 FRENCH POLYDOR LP NM- US $17.50 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - SEE YOU LATER - ULTRA RARE GREEK SEALED CD US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Soil Festivities ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(24%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(28%)

VANGELIS Soil Festivities reviews

Review by soundsweird
2 stars This album impressed me when I first bought it; it sounded a bit different, and I thought that there was an edge to it that was lacking before. As years went by, though, each piece seemed unfocused, too repetitious, or just plain unoriginal. I'm sure that someone who owned only this album by Vangelis would find it wonderfully creative, but I've already got over a dozen (plus the Aphrodite's Child stuff). By this time, I was ready for Vangelis to do something new, which soon happened with "Invisible Connections".

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#34771) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 22, 2005

Review by Chris S
2 stars Soil festivities has the making of a great piece of work but loses itself on not being unique in any clearly defined way. Don't get me wrong I like it quite a lot all the movements are strong particularly part four and five but there is a diluted ' feel' to the album which perhaps is just me missing something. There are many excellent albums by Vangelis, personally SF just does not quite make it as an overall work. For collectors only definitely.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#34772) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 22, 2005

Review by richardh
3 stars Now this is Vangelis doing ''new age'' ! ..and doing it extremely well.I have to admit I like a lot of new age stuff..strap on the haadphones, relax back in your sofa and let the music take you away..Then you wake up!! OK by many peoples definitions this is boring BUT Vangelis is so talented that you must not ignore any of his music.This is still very good of its kind.Undemanding and atmospheric music that creates a pleasant ambience.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34773) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Review by greenback
4 stars "Soil festivities" sounds a bit like the "Mask" album: it was just made the year before "Mask". The loaded & floating keyboards are often echoed, giving a feeling of grandeur to the whole. The rhythm (low frequency synth notes) is slow, but many times changing.

My favorite track is "Movement 4", which takes all its time to reveal all its majestic power in the form of apocalyptic & floating streams of keyboards. "Movement 4" sounds like "Mask" and I really appreciate it! "Movement 5" is very symphonic and dynamic. If you like "Mask", then you should at least like some bits on this record. But I really prefer "Mask", because it has the mythological & religious dimension that is not really present here.

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#40965) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 30, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
4 stars I guess this is closest to ambient that VANGELIS ever came. To some degree I'm fond of this album, partly because it has memory links to my first love, and yet it has never been among my biggest favourites by VANGELIS. It was actually the first and second movements only that I taped long ago. Now I'm listening to the whole album again and I like also movements 4 and 5. Still the 3rd one doesn't turn me on: a bit chaotic flights of synths and percussion. What I always liked most about Soil Festivities - or the long 1st movement to be exact - is the strong image of moist and lively worlds of microcosmos, the creatures in the soil. Consider the sleeve pictures and the album title: that secret world is the theme, the inspiration, for this album. Only I'm not so sure if the image remains as strong on all movements.

1st movement (18:32): the repetitious, pulsative synth background with various sharper synth sounds functions really meditatively to the concentrating listener. It's not quite like any other music by VANGELIS but to me one of his best pieces. The sound effects of rain may not be very original but they fit perfectly. The 2nd movement (6:20) has more or less similar pulsative nature. It is slower, calmer and not so strong in evoking images, but its wailing synth melodies are equally beautiful.

4th movement (9:57): yes, it reminds of Mask, the next album, and is among the highlights. And the 5th movement (7:20) could be described as the most symphonic and triumphant one. How on earth I originally missed these two great movements? I recommend this album to those who enjoy ambient music with an orientation to evoke inner images. Especially if you find the theme, the microcosmos of the soil, interesting, check it out! 3½ stars.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#182175) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars I bought this album as soon as it was released and initially I disliked it. I was hoping to find a symphonic prog masterpiece like Heaven and Hell and I was very disappointed with this tendentially newage album. In addition to this, the same year I saw him live in one of the worst improvised concerts I've ever seen, even if the landscape of the Caracalla ruins in Rome was very impressive. I was about to quit with Vangelis that year.

I resisted and gave more spins to this album. It was not bad. Only different from what I was looking for in that specific moment. A bit more fantasy in the choice of the tracks titles whould have been appreciated, in any case.

"Movement one" is long as an epic, but it has little variations. It's more like a Krautrock or space rock track. Just some more melodic than what Edgar Froese was used to do. Some sounds remind to the OST of Blade Runner, but there are some sounds that are typical of Vangelis and can remind to any of his works. It flows very softly. Many people is used to define Vangelis as a newage artist, but try to add a Mediterranean touch to Tangerine Dream and you'll have a description of his music in this period. Don't confuse "Mediterranean" with "Sunshine" It can be wintertime in Greece too, and this is music for a rainy day, stigmatized by thunders and rain in the final part of the suite. This is likely the reason why he started to be considered a newage artist, but the use of Nature's sounds doesn't always mean newage. Is Edgar Froese debut newage?

"Movement two" is based on the same tempo, but the sound that gives the tempo is different. The melody is provided by a "violin" (It's everything made by keyboards, but speaking of violin takes less than writing "sound of violin"). Whenever the chord changes, the passage is never trivial. Again a good piece of space music.

"Movement three" Starts darker than the previous two tracks. There are echoes of "China" in the use of percussions (same as violin, of course), but this really reminds to Albedo 0.31, in particular to "Nucleogenesis". This can't be called newage in any way. It's dark space rock. Some bells remind to the Hell section of Heaven and Hell, too. At around minute 4, the rhythmless dark sounds give room to an orchestral part, still chaotic which ends inaspectately with major chords in the best Vangelis tradition before going back to the darkness and fading out.

"Movement Four" Starts with four Xylophone(same as violin and percussions) notes on which a flute-like sound blows the tune. The variations here are given by the percussions. This is quite a dark version of "Alpha"(Albedo 0.39). Then the pitch starts to change and the passages are used to introduce a symphonic element. It happens three times, then the track is back to the original mood. Now other than percussions we have fender piano, fretless bass and octavine (all championed, of course). An hypnotic track.

Finally, "Movement Five". It's not chaotic as Nucleogenesis but it looks like an improvised track (even if you can't never say with Vangelis). It's very hard to describe as it changes several times and alternates melodic and chaotic parts very frequently, The result is a sort of springtime after all the dark winter days of the first four movements.

I suggest this album to Space Rock and Krautrock fans. Many people considers Vangelis newage probably for his most melodic soundtracks, but this album is not the case.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#294727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 16, 2010

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars After the release of the excellent «Antarctica », Vangelis explores more into the new age territories with this very quiet « Soil Festivities ».

The album is divided into five movements, but it might as well be considered as one long and single track. The whole album is very repetitive and sounds as a very similar stuff from start to finish. There are some fine experimentations and sonic landscapes but I would have liked some more grandeur in the style.

You have been warned: don't expect anything ą la "Antarctica" or you might be disappointed. This album is quite daring and definitely explores less commercial ways than several of its predecessor. At times, it is fine to see that an artist is willing to take some risks and avoids some routine work.

Still, this is quite a different album in the whole of the artist's career. It is not my fave but I it is interesting enough to rate it with three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305348) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010

3 stars One of two albums released in the same year. With all the soundtracks and collaborations with Jon Anderson, it is good to hear some pure Vangelis. As usual, this one is very different from its predecessors, yet reminiscent of many of them. There is a greater sense of unity in this recording ... (read more)

Report this review (#292772) | Posted by Progosopher | Friday, July 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is my 'Desert Island Disk'. From the moment I heard it I knew it was special. Over twenty years later and its even more so, not just for sentimental reasons, but also because I have found out a little about Vangelis in the mean time and now know that this, like so many of his other albums ... (read more)

Report this review (#68875) | Posted by | Thursday, February 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I followed Vangelis' career closely back in those days, and I had every single one of his albums. By the time 'Soil Festivities' was released I was into lots of other stuff, but this album brought me right back home. Like all of Vangelis' music, it really drives the imagination, but because of h ... (read more)

Report this review (#34774) | Posted by | Saturday, May 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Soil Festivities"