EARTH

rock music collection

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1973

1. Come on (2:09)
2. We were all uprooted (6:48)
3. Sunny earth (6:38)
4. He-o (4:09)
5. Ritual (2:45)
6. Let it happen (4:20)
7. The city (1:17)
8. My face in the rain (4:19)
9. Watch out (2:50)
10. A song (3:32)

Search VANGELIS Earth lyrics

Search VANGELIS Earth tabs

- Vangelis / keyboards
- Robert Fitoussi / bass, vocals
- Argiris Koulouris / guitars

LP Vertigo 6499 693 (1973 Greece)
LP Vertigo 6499 693 (1973 Canada) (different cover: earth as seen from space)
LP Vertigo 6499 693 (1973 France) (with red-white letters)
LP Vertigo VEL 1019 (1974 USA) (as Vangelis O.)
LP Vertigo BT-8109 (1979 Japan) (with red-white letters)
LP Mercury VAN 01 (1982 Canada) (different cover)
CD Vertigo 532 783-2 (1996 Greece)

and to seyo for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Earth Music

Esoteric 2013
JON AND VANGELIS / PRIVATE COLLECTION US $9.99 Buy It Now 29m 35s
Vangelis m- Uk EP Pulstar Dervis D / Spiral / Alpha US $9.75 Buy It Now 30m 16s
VANGELIS - Direct - 1988 German 12-track LP US $61.55 Buy It Now 1h
VANGELIS -CHARIOTS OF FIRE OST RARE GREEK/AKRITAS/APHRODITES CHILD/SOCRATES US $6.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS -ODES RARE GREEK PSYCH/APHRODITES CHILD/SOCRATES/PETE&ROYCE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis - The Collection (3CD Boxset 1997) US $15.37 Buy It Now 2h 39m
VANGELIS -ALBEDO 0.39 RARE GREEK PSYCH/APHRODITES CHILD/SOCRATES/PETE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Chariots Of Fire Vangelis 12" LP Vinyl Record US $7.70 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Vangelis - The City - CD (Atlantic 82248-2 1990 U.S.A.) US $18.75 Buy It Now 3h 8m
VANGELIS the best of PL 25174 uk rca 1978 LP PS EX/VG+ US $13.66 Buy It Now 3h 33m
VANGELIS albedo 0.39 RS 1080 A2/B2 uk rca 1976 LP PS EX/EX laminated with inner US $15.37 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Jon & Vangelis - Private Collection CD US $12.94 Buy It Now 3h 34m
UNWIND-34 SOOTHING LAIDBACK TRACKS-2XCD-2001-UK-MOBY-JAKATTA-VANGELIS-ZERO 7 US $11.25 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Jon & Vangelis Friends Of Mr Cairo Us Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Jon & Vangelis Friends Of Mr Cairo White Cover Us Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Vangelis - Albedo 0.39 CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire CD US $6.25 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Vangelis - Soil Festivities CD US $9.37 Buy It Now 5h 9m
BLADE RUNNER vangelis SACD hybrid CD soundtrack SCORE tears in rain LIMITED ED US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Vangelis - Spiral 12" EP single vinyl record pop NL70568 mint condition US $17.08 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Vangelis : Opera Sauvage CD (1994) US $3.96 Buy It Now 5h 48m
VANGELIS / ALBEDO 0.39 JAPAN CD OOP US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
JON & VANGELIS - I Hear You Now - Excellent Condition 7" Single Polydor POSP 96 US $6.81 Buy It Now 6h 48m
JON & VANGELIS - I'll Find My Way Home - Excellent Con 7" Single Polydor JV 1 US $6.82 Buy It Now 6h 48m
1492 Conquest Of Paradise - Vangelis CD Soundtrack US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Direct [LP] by Vangelis (Vinyl, Arista Records USA) - Mint (in orig. shrinkwrap) US $17.65 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis I Hear you now/Thunder Polydor 7" Vinyl Brown Label Ex US $2.48 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Vangelis 'Chariots Of Fire' Cassette Album (1981) US $0.43 [0 bids]
OASIS-YES I DO MEGA RARE PRIVATE GREEK ROCK POP VANGELIS PITSILADIS US $16.30 [0 bids]
Vangelis(7" Vinyl)Heaven & Hell-BBC Recordings-BBC1-UK-VG/Ex US $5.11 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Jon and Vangelis-I'll find my own way home JV1 7" VINYL RECORD VG 28 US $3.40 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Vangelis CD Opera Sauvage West German pressing US $2.99 [1 bids]
8h
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire CD (West Germany, 1981, Polydor) RARE / OOP US $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 24m
VANGELIS "2 CASSETTE LOT" 1979-81 polydor US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Chariots Of Fire - Vangelis - Japan - 28MM0033 US $15.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS, Papathanassiou (France) (Ignacio Soundtrack) LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 8h 58m
vangelis -conquest of paradise cardsleeve cd single US $14.55 Buy It Now 9h
VANGELIS Soil Festivities electronic prog new age mint Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Opera Sauvage electronic Lp US $5.26 [0 bids]
VANGELIS China prog electronic new age with insert MINT Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
The City by Vangelis, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CD (May-1991, Atlantic) US $9.90 Buy It Now 9h 32m
APHRODITE'S CHILD - VANGELIS " IT'S FIVE O'CLOCK "ORIGINAL GREEK 7"+P/S 60's US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
APHRODITE'S CHILD - VANGELIS " I WANT TO LIVE "ORIGINAL GREEK PSYCH 7"+P/S 60's US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Vangelis - Spiral (1977) Japan Mini LP CD (2006) NEW US $15.29 Buy It Now 9h 39m
LP-JON(YES)&VANGELIS(APHRODITE'S CHILD)/81,POLYDOR/RCA MUSIC SERVICE/EX US $0.79 [0 bids]
JON AND VANGELIS I'll Find My Way Home 7" Single Vinyl Record Polydor 1981 EX US $10.24 Buy It Now 9h 54m
VANGELIS O PAPATHANASSIOU Earth French VERTIGO + Inner sleeve 6499 693! US $34.20 Buy It Now 10h 56m
NEURONIUM VANGELIS In London 1992 CHACRA 1 SIDED CASSETTE TAPE RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
11h
Vangelis - Heaven And Hell NEW CD US $6.05 Buy It Now 11h 4m
VANGELIS - Chariots Of Fire Original Soundtrack 1981 Polydor PD-1-8335 US $2.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - BEAUBOURG NEW SEALED 12" RCA 1978 US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Vangelis: Chariots of Fire OST RARE SOUTH AFRICAN LP US $21.92 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Portraits (So Long Ago, So Clear) by Vangelis (CD, Apr-1996, Polydor) US $7.25 Buy It Now 11h 45m
VANGELIS - Opera Sauvage - Excellent Condition LP Record Polydor VAN 04 US $18.79 Buy It Now 11h 48m
sntrck VANGELIS-CHARIOTS OF FIRE/ERIC'S THEME 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 12h 14m
VANGELIS 1492 SOUNDTRACK SEALED CD NEW US $5.34 Buy It Now 12h 15m
JON & VANGELIS - The Best Of Jon & Vangelis - CD Album *Collection**Hits* US $6.82 Buy It Now 12h 22m
VANGELIS - THE BEST OF VANGELIS [PARADISO/BMG] - NEW CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 12h 54m
VANGELIS China 1979 Polydor LP PD1-6199 NR/MINT w/sleeve US $12.50 Buy It Now 13h 5m
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG Japan Mini Lp CD SEALED US $8.99 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Chariots Of Fire Vangelis - Soundtrack - New OOP Sealed Cassette US $9.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 2 PROMO 7" Single 45 - RICCARDO COCCIANTE / VANGELIS - 1975/1976- Brazil US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 48m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE MAIN THEME VANGELIS 45 LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Jon Anderson "In the City of Angels" CBS w/ lyric sheet prog rock Yes vangelis US $1.99 [0 bids]
1990-99 Reprise, Vangelis, New US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h
JON & VANGELIS The Friends of Mr Cairo Vinyl LP Polydor POLD5053 US $17.08 Buy It Now 14h 25m
BLADE RUNNER CD SOUNDTRACK VANGELIS US $3.00 [0 bids]
BLADE RUNNER VANGELIS US $2.66 Buy It Now 14h 39m
VANGELIS DIRECT US $1.85 Buy It Now 14h 40m
VANGELIS Chariots Of Fire Title Theme promo 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
VANGELIS BEST OF INCL BACCANALLE SPIRAL AND BEAUBERG EXCERPT VINYL LP US $6.40 Buy It Now 16h 32m
VANGELIS HEAVEN AND EARTH INCL PARTS I/2 OPLAU SO LONG AGO SO CLEAR VINYL LP US $8.96 Buy It Now 16h 32m
VANGELIS 3 LP LOT SOIL FESTIVITIES SAUVAGE L'APOCALYPSE DES ANIMAUX ELECTRONIC US $14.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Alexander O.S.T. Japan CD OBI '05 SICP-714 US $46.00 [13 bids]
Vangelis Opera Sauvage Polydor NM LP FF US $5.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis Opera Sauvage Polydor NM LP FF US $5.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis - Heaven & Hell/Alpha - 1975 UK OST Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $7.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - LIGHT & SHADOW: THE BEST OF VANGELIS * - NEW CD US $7.10 Buy It Now 17h 50m
Aphrodite's Child . Self Titled S/T . 1982 . Vangelis . SU-1032 . EX . Import LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 56m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE OST VANGELIS W.GERMANY RED PRINT US $16.02 [7 bids]
VANGELIS Chariots Of Fire / Eric's Theme 7 inch 45 US $0.80 [0 bids]
Chariots of Fire Original Soundtrack by Vangelis US $2.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Opera Sauvage US $2.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Direct US $2.00 [0 bids]
Chariots of Fire Original Soundtrack LP by Vangelis US $6.00 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS PRIVATE COLLECTION **** CD **** Polydor US $12.19 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Vangelis Chariots of Fire OST Polydor PD-1-6335 US NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 10m
VANGELIS - EL GRECO Brand NEW&STILL FACTORY SEALED Casette Ft Montserrat Caballe US $6.90 Buy It Now 20h 26m
VANGELIS CHARIOTS OF FIRE (1981) SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE TAPE BRAND NEW US $39.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS He is Sailing / Song Is... 12 inch single UK US $4.49 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Chariots of Fire LP ORIGINAL US press US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis 45 Chariots of Fire Titles/Eric's Theme - Polydor PD 2189 (1981) EX- US $1.45 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - Spiral - RCA -1977 PROG PROGRESSIVE ELECTRONIC US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 28m
JON & VANGELIS The Friends of Mr Cairo LP ex-YES JON ANDERSON ORIGINAL 1st press US $6.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS Short Stories LP ex-YES JON ANDERSON ORIGINAL US press US $6.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS LP THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO MADE IN AUSTRALIA 1981 US $6.75 Buy It Now 21h 34m
Vangelis "Heaven And Hell" LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 44m
VANGELIS: L'apocalypse Des Animaux (rock & pop vinyl LP) Brazil, '83 US $30.00 Buy It Now 21h 54m
JON & VANGELIS I'll find my way home 7" POP SYNTH US $3.40 Buy It Now 22h 20m
VANGELIS PORTRAITS SO LONG AGO SO CLEAR Japan CD sealed new 1st Press POCP-1604 US $69.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Earth ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(34%)

VANGELIS Earth reviews

Review by soundsweird
4 stars One of the last Vangelis albums to be released on CD, this is one of my favorites. Kind of a bridge between Aphrodite's Child's "666" and his solo work, this album has elements of rock, jazz, folk, and especially world music. Of course, there's also a spacy element, thanks to Vangelis' keyboards. Several tracks have vocals, either sung or spoken, and the melodies are catchy and original. A couple of tracks do nothing for me, notably "Come On". However, it's a short throwaway that can be skipped easily. Strongly recommended to fans of "666", especially if you like the songs from that album that have a distinctly Greek sound.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#34835) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Review by greenback
4 stars I like this album! It often has a smooth acoustic rhythmic guitar. There are good singers, lots of percussions, the keyboards are modest and sometimes consist in floating background streams full of mystery and hope moods ("My face in the rain", "A song"). "Let it happen" is very catchy and addictive, full of good vocals and bottom bass notes. There is one word that describes well the style of this record: TRIBAL! This is not New Age full of emotional & modern keyboards like on "Chariots of fire" or "1492": do not forget it is 1973 here!

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#39436) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 14, 2005

Review by Seyo
5 stars Wonderful album from the classic prog era!

"Earth" is one of early Vangelis' albums that is often neglected and is not easily obtainable in the shops. It is however far better work than many of his later popular new age soundtracks, at least for my taste. It is very atmospheric, ethno-tribal music with lots of percussions, keyboards and above all acoustic string instruments (something like Greek bouzouki etc.). There are several vocal tracks with lyrics, which sort of resemble the pseudo-religious pantheistic love for nature and planet Earth, so there is a loose concept throughout the album. Highlights are "We Were All Uprooted"/"Sunny Earth"/"He-O" , "Let It Happen", while the guest vocalist in "My Face In The Rain", Robert Fitoussi, reminds of the old APHRODITE'S CHILD collaborator Demis Roussos. If you are not fan of popular electronic synthesized Vangelis of post-"Spiral" era, maybe you find "Earth" more appealing, especially if you are into ethno-folk-world music thing. This is a distant precursor of Peter Gabriel's "Passion", cause it bears the similar Middle-Eastern feeling. I can't really call it a masterpiece, but it's very close to one. 4,5 shining stars!!!

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#54536) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 03, 2005

Review by Heptade
4 stars An excellent album from Vangelis's pre synthy era, much more of a soft prog album like the Moody Blues or BJH, but with an intoxicating Mediterranean feel- lots of acoustic guitars and some thumpy ethnic-sounding drums. Vocals are surprisingly prominent, with good English lyrics. The keyboard textures from mellotrons, organs and Moogs are beautiful, especially on the ballad "My Face in the Rain". Though this album sounds more like Aphrodite's Child than it does his work from the late 70s, this is actually one of Vangelis's stronger albums, with a wealth of great psych rock ideas mixed with a distinct Greek feel that wouldn't be hinted at again until some of the pieces on the Blade Runner soundtrack.

Send comments to Heptade (BETA) | Report this review (#64354) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars After the release of a pure atmospheric album ("L'Apocalypse des Animaux"), Vangelis recorded a more varied work with "Earth".

Several musical styles are proposed and contributed to an eclectic album. The short opener "Come On" is totally rock oriented: hard beat, hypnotic and hard "vocals". This is not very common in his discography so far.

The second and also longest song is quite different. "We Were all Uprooted" shares a lot with world music and offers some fine "Mediterranean" acoustic guitar parts. I am not so convinced about "Sunny Earth" which is leaning on some sort a tribal music. Indian chants combined with some complex acoustic guitar parts don't sound really great to my ears ("He- O", "Ritual", "The City").

This scenario is unfortunately also present during the next couple of songs: world music mostly all the way through till the closing number. Since his type of music is not my cup of tea, I can't be charmed by "Earth".

Some tranquil and atmospheric tracks like "Let It Happen" or "My Face In The Rain" are welcome to break the overall mood. Still, the vocal department on this work demonstrates nothing great. The last couple of songs revert back to world music again.

I am not globally impressed by this album. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305010) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
3 stars After the first approach with soundtracks, this album is opened by a rock track based on 12 strings guitar and percussions whose lyrics only say "Come on". I wouldn't be surprised to hear Amon Duul II play a song like this.

We have a trio. Bass and guitars will soon disapeear from Vangelis' albums to be replaced by keyboards, but unlike Hypothesys and The Dragon, there's no jazz.

"We Were All Uprooted" is influenced by Greek traditional music even if the repetitive slow tempo has something of krautrock. "Sunny Earth" is not much different after a first half based on 12-strings guitar it turns into ethnic. A bridge between South Europe and Africa.

"He-O" has lyrics, and a middle-eastern flavour while "Ritual" gives me the idea of ancient Greece. A Ritual for the Olympus Gods.

"Let It Happen" has some jazzy moments, specially in the instrumental part. The repetitive and almost funky singing is unusual for Vangelis. Very 70s stuff.

The minute of percussion and noises of "The City" is very evocative. Years later this concept will become an entire album and "Morning Papers" on that album will be able to transmit the same sensations in a different way.

"My Face In The Rain" is a melodic song on which Robert Fitoussi uses his highest pitch. After Demis and this song there's no surprise if Jon Anderson will become his favourite singer. Specially if you listen to "So Long Ago So Clear" on Heaven and Hell.

The absence of percussions and the soft sounds of this song are suddenly replaced by the darker "Watch Out". As all the tracks of this album on which the 12-strings guitar has an imprtant role I see connections with Krautrock in general and Amon Duul II in particular. Some of the sounds used in this track will become familiar to the listeners of Vangelis in the following albums.

"A Song" is again sung on high pitch and has no rhythm, but there's a tremolo effect on the voice that I find a bit disturbing. The melody based on minor chords reminds to the vocal part of the soprano Vana Veroutis on Heaven and Hell. A speaker says something about Earth and the album ends with soft and evocative keyboards.

I'm undecided about the rating. It's good and probably more accessible than some of his best works but there are other albums that I can consider essential, so even if it's a very good album I think it fits better in the 3 stars definition.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#353381) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3 stars "Earth" is a mixed bag for me as Vangelis plays a variety of styles here. I wish he had stuck with one style really and when I say that I don't mean the "Rock" leanings of the openiing track.

"Come On" is a 2 minute rocker with him singing "Come on !" throughout. Not a fan at all. "We Were All Uprooted" opens with thunder and rain as a beat comes in then flute. Spoken words join in before 1 1/2 minutes then acoustic guitar replaces the spoken words. A definite World Music flavour here and on many of these tracks. "Sunny Earth" has these native-like vocal melodies and the sound is very minamilistic. "He-O" is my favourite song on here.Very intricate sounding with vocals.

"Ritual" sounds like it came from out of India with those vocal sounds.They stop 1 1/2 minutes in then return after 2 minutes. Not a fan of this one. "Let It Happen" is more uptempo with vocals. I really like the instrumental section that start before 2 minutes and lasts over a minute. "The City" has these sampled sounds from a city as what sounds like kettle drums pound away. "My Face In The Rain" does nothing for me. Slow moving with fragile vocals. "Watch Out" builds then settles back before 2 minutes where it's not melodiic at all. "A Song" is very new agey as the vocals echo then spoken words take over. Not a fan of this one.

This album has it's moments, just not enough of them for my tastes.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#436546) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review by Warthur
2 stars The first solo album by Vangelis following the disintegration of Aphrodite's Child and the long battle to get "666" released combines the psychedelic rock stylings of his former group - heard most clearly on opener Come On - with hints of the direction his career would eventually take, with early New Age and synthesiser experiments mashed in with various "world music" influences from several continents. The general concept appears to be environmental and political in nature, going by the (somewhat hokey) narration in We Were All Uprooted, but on balance the point of the album is difficult to make up, and I find I'm often left wishing Vangelis would pick a direction here and stick with it rather than meandering all over the musical landscape turning up good ideas but not developing them properly. This is far from an essential Vangelis release.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#503888) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

Generally seen as Vangelis' best 70's album, Earth might just surprise some that knew him from the Aphrodite's Child group or his 80's collabs with Yes singer Jon Anderson or his other movie musics. Earth is his first solo album after the demise of Aphrodite's Child, whose career abruptly stopped after the stupendous and arresting 666 concept album. Some (many, actually) see Earth being the logical (but debatable) continuation of the concept, especially that another ex-AC member (guitarist Koulouris) is also present on it. Like most of Vangelis or AC album, the concept was born and constructed in France at Europa Sonor Studios and included bassist and singer Fitoussi, but strangely enough Vangelis did not write the lyrics, as he delegated that to Dassin.

Opening on the well-known Come On, a catchy energetic but shallow piece, the album plunges in the atmospheric Uprooted, where a short narrative indicates that the subject is about to get deeper. The album's general mood is slightly mystic or shamanic, may even have an ecology avant-la-lettre slant and many instruments of world music are used in the duration. It's also quite instrumental in nature, since many of the vocals are chants that are reminiscent of shamanic incantations, giving a light psychedelic mood, further enhanced by slightly- haunting lengthy raga passages. The succession of tracks is flowing smoothly, and it would sound almost awkward to extract a single track out of the remainder (well maybe the opening Come On) or even play the album in the shuffle mode. Outside the few striong vocal melodies, the album is fairly even, with no major highlights, but Face In The Rain is relatively weaker with its near new age feel. Shame it ends without a bang and in a minor mode, though. While I certainly wouldn't call the album essential, it is definitely worth an investigation, even if Vangelis would create more fairly similar works in the future.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#708011) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 04, 2012

4 stars Earth is a very fresh, timeless work. It's difficult to believe that it was recorded in 1973. The music here is an early example of "New Age" and ambient music and I believe Vangelis to be an important pioneering composer of the genre. There is also a combination of some "World Music" or ethnic mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#402555) | Posted by Frankie Flowers | Thursday, February 17, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album should have been the right 666 follow up for APHRODITE'S CHILD, unfortunately ,DEMIS and LUCAS chose to leave and VANGELIS did it with SILVER .This music is powerfull, and fascinating with strong oriental influences, at the time VANGELIS talked about byzantine roots.It's been record ... (read more)

Report this review (#298002) | Posted by jean-marie | Wednesday, September 08, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This one still stands as one of his most eclectic albums. It starts with a rousing pounding drum-driven tune called "Come On." It seems to be an invitation to rock out, but the next piece, "We Were All Uprooted," is about a semi-biblical group wandering the desert. The rhythm moves the piec ... (read more)

Report this review (#287318) | Posted by Progosopher | Saturday, June 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars My favourite. It has a freshness to it and a diversity of ideas that are rare in later Vangelis output. I like the somewhat behement way in which he refers to religion and ritual, somewhat reminiscent to Khalil Gibran. Hisrhythmic language is always simple but very powerful and self-assured. ... (read more)

Report this review (#34837) | Posted by Paco DelCaos | Tuesday, May 10, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars "Earth" is one of the early albums that sound different than his latter works. It sounds more ethno rock than electronica. This was also one of the most early and original examples of world music genre but at that time it was more progressive than today's comercial works. Something similar was al ... (read more)

Report this review (#34834) | Posted by terramystic | Wednesday, April 27, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Earth"