INVISIBLE CONNECTIONS

Vangelis Invisible Connections album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1985

1. Invisible connections (18:30)
2. Atom blaster (7:42)
3. Thermo vision (13:19)

Search VANGELIS Invisible Connections lyrics

Search VANGELIS Invisible Connections tabs

- Vangelis / keyboards

CD Atlantic 4151962 (1985)
CD Deutsche Grammophon 415196-2

and to Guillermo for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Invisible Connections Music

Invisible ConnectionsInvisible Connections
Deutsche Grammophon 1990

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Invisible Connections ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(10%)

VANGELIS Invisible Connections reviews

Review by richardh
1 stars I very rarely give any albums 1 star but this deserves it.Vangelis likes to be enigmatic and this is about as enigmatic as you get. It's truly wierd avante garde stuff,has nothing to do with music (to me) and one can only wonder why he bothered.Apparently the album was released in Japan under the name 'Meditation' which explains a bit.To fans of progressive rock I suggest you avoid this.And if you do buy it don't say I didn't warn you!!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34889) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 01, 2005

Review by soundsweird
4 stars While not a completely successful attempt to produce an album of Electroacoustic or Acousmatic music, this is certainly light years ahead of "Beaubourg", which suffered from a very monochromatic soundworld. As far as I can tell, this is the only Deutsche Grammophon label album ever released by a "non-Classical" artist. The only thing that this album has in common with Progressive Rock is the fact that synthesizers and percussion instruments are being used to create the music. Call it free-form or avant-garde if you like. I like the fact that there is a lot of studio trickery (reverb, panning, etc.) used here, and to great effect.

When I started listening to Progressive Rock at its inception, I also listened to a lot of experimental electronic music (Stockhausen, Varese, Carlos, Subotnick, etc.). I always thought that most Prog fans, being more open-minded and intelligent than the average listener, would appreciate well-done experimental stuff. However, some of my friends from the 70's have become musically conservative. When I play some modern Electroacoustic stuff like Robert Normandeau (who did one piece sampled from bits of Prog classics) or Gilles Gobeil, they invariably say "That's just too weird!" Which, of course, is what most people think the first time they hear Progressive Rock!!!!

Anyway, there are a few used copies of this album floating around. If you're feeling musically adventurous, you could do a lot worse than giving this a try.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#34890) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 02, 2005

Review by greenback
1 stars This is his worst album with "Beaubourg": it is absolutely monotonous and experimental! All through this album, you hear keyboards notes echoed at infinity: you listen to some echoed notes until another couples of ones come out! Atmospheric, would you say? Yes, but how boring and repetitive! You hear that with hi-fi headphones and say: "Wow! the sound and effects are good, but after 2 listens, you get quite saturated! If you want to test the quality of your speakers, then this is THE album, but if you want to listen something complex, structured, elaborated, then all I have to say is "Stay away from this record": minimalism is even too much to describe this insignificant music. Shall I add: the melody and the rhythm are ABSOLUTELY absent here!

Rating: 1.5 stars

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#40972) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 30, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album to is pretty much in the vein of « Soil Festivities ». Vangelis seriously dug into the ambient and new age spheres for "Soil" and "Invisible Connections" is a pure electronic prog album IMHHO. It sounds minimalist during the long opening number and can be related to the early TD ("Zeit") but less appealing.

This means that the music from this work is quite experimental as well and totally lacks in melodic passages. For those who were expecting a more commercial work, it won't be for this time.

To a certain extent, this album shares the obscure and avant-garde atmosphere from "Beaubourg" which didn't leave a great mark in my memory to say the least. I guess that most of traditional Vangelis fans will be perplexed while listening to this "Connections".

The minimalism portrayed during the title track is again repeated for the second track ("Atom Blaster"). Nothing virtually happens here. The transition to the last track is unnoticeable: some sort of all of the same. No big deal actually.

So, rating is tough: between one and two stars depending on my mood. I guess that I am quite positive today?two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305363) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 18, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars Deutsche Grammophon is a label specialized in classical music, so why did they decide to produce an album of an artist who is totally unable to read a music sheet is a sort of mistery.

However, what Vangelis has done is pure "Electronic music". Let's give it a definition first:

When the soundtrack of the SciFi movie "The Forbidden Planet" was realized, the authors weren't officially authors, so they didn't have the possibility to give a title to their music and be recorded as authors. But they invented a genre. Their music influenced at tleast all the SciFi movies for decades after so if I only were able to remember their names, I'd suggest them for proto-prog.

Vangelis succeded about 30 years after. This album is the most experimental after Beaubourg, but while the first was unstructured and its few melodic parts were not fitting well with the rest of the album, here we have an attempt to make music from electricity.

If you are in the right state of mind it's possible that this music does something for you, but if not, you won't survive to the first five minutes, regardless the starting point, as the music is almost the same throughout the whole album.

I have listened to it in the "right" mood, so I'd like to give it a "sufficient" rating, but to be honest, there are better ways to spend money, also with Vangelis so I can't rate it more than two stars. It's experimental but absolutely not poor. Saying "For fans only" is a valid sentence for fans of experimentalism, not for fans of the usual Vangelis.

It's light years better than Beaubourg, but it's not enough for the 3rd star. If you like the OST of "The Forbidden Planet" you may like this, too.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#368051) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review by Guillermo
2 stars This album really has "Invisible Connections" to music, in my opinion. No "formal music" at all. It has three tracks of random noises, isolated keyboard notes, no chords, some percussion instruments sounds, some silences, all repeated with some echoes added. The three tracks are very similar, and they sound like a continuous piece of sound with not variety at all. A very strange release from Vangelis, which surprisingly has some interesting moments only thanks to Vangelis`s talent. In fact, it is a very easy album to review due to the "uniformity" of its content. I could listen to the three tracks of this album thanks to some people who uploaded them to be listened in youtube. So, at the same time, it was very easy to find this album there. I was very curious to listen to it. Well. My curiosity has been satisfied.

It is also a very strange release from Vangelis because it is very atypical and very different from some of his albums. Very experimental. It also is a very strange release because it was released by a Classical Music label (his only album released by Deutsche Grammophon), a label which also released some albums by other experimental artists like Karlheinz Stockhausen, some of them which I have listened to. I am not really a fan of this kind of Experimental / Avant Garde music, but sometimes it is interesting for me to listen to this kind of "music".

I still have to listen to other albums by Vangelis that I still have not listened yet to say that this is his most "obscure" album. It is very strange, but not bad.

For collectors / fans only.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1177370) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 19, 2014

2 stars I find it odd that Vangelis chose to do some minimalist electronica for his debut on the premium classical label Deutsche Grammophon. It seems counter-intuitive. Rambling percussion, tremulous flights of single tones, soft rumbling drones, are what you will find here. In one way, it is remi ... (read more)

Report this review (#293335) | Posted by Progosopher | Wednesday, August 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Put this in the same pile as Beauborg: extreme-minimalistic-avant-garde-ambient-soundscape-experiment. Vangelis is an experimentalist. That's what makes his music progressive. The trouble with experiments is that they don't always go to plan. This album is missing any actual music, instead util ... (read more)

Report this review (#219825) | Posted by Una Laguna | Thursday, June 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Invisible Connections comes years after Beaubourg but has the same vibe... I've always been into the "Musique Concrète" of Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer etc. and it is always good to hear - be it more commercialised - music in a similar mood... I have never like Vangelis after "China", exc ... (read more)

Report this review (#117106) | Posted by LievenVP | Monday, April 02, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars (actually 0 stars) I bought this album about five years ago while going through a major Vangelis discovery. This disc like no other before turned out to be a complete disappointment. Basically it is a sequence of reverbations (no tones, nor rythms, nor structure). Having heard, and enjoying ... (read more)

Report this review (#84804) | Posted by suomynona | Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars My explanation is very simple. This record is not for regular listening, very near to John Cage´s works (minimal and empty of all kind of tune) but, if you like Blade Runner, this album is the most aprox. of all. ... (read more)

Report this review (#45293) | Posted by | Friday, September 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars One of the most obscure and hard to find Vangelis CD's. There's a reason for this, as the other reviews pointed out, and that's because the music within doesn't match the style most people think about when they hear his name. This CD contains mostly long, droning, electronic and percussive sound ... (read more)

Report this review (#34891) | Posted by | Thursday, June 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Invisible Connections"