DESERT ISLAND SELECTION

Brian Eno Desert Island Selection album cover

Buy BRIAN ENO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1986

1. Here He Comes (5:37)
2. Everything Merges With the Night (4:02)
3. I'll Come Running (To Tie Your Shoes) (3:38)
4. On Some Faraway Beach (3:38)
5. Spirits Drifting (2:39)
6. Back in Judy's Jungle (5:16)
7. St. Elmo's Fire (2:59)
8. No One Receiving (3:51)
9. Julie With... (5:51)
10. Taking Tiger Mountain (5:23)
11. 1/1 (6:08)

Search BRIAN ENO Desert Island Selection lyrics

Search BRIAN ENO Desert Island Selection tabs

- Brian Eno / organ, synthesizer, guitar, percussion, piano, bass guitar, vocals, voices, Moog synthesizer, bells, bass pedals, synthesizer percussion

With:
- Roderick Melvin / piano
- Paul Rudolph / bass, guitar, castanets, snare drums
- Brian Turrington / bass, piano
- Robert Wyatt / percussion

CD released by EG #1519 (1986)

Thanks to AndYouAndI for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

BRIAN ENO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BRIAN ENO Desert Island Selection Music

Astralwerks 2005
Before and After ScienceBefore and After Science
Discreet MusicDiscreet Music
Astralwerks 2004
Brian Eno Another Green World LIKE NEW Remastered Digipak CD 2004 Roxy Music US $8.95 Buy It Now 38m 57s
Future Perfect [Gyroscope] by Various Artists - Brian Eno, Andy Partridge, Budd US $2.00 Buy It Now 39m 28s
Before and After Science - Brian Eno New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.03 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Passengers - Original Soundtrack (CD) 14 Tracks Bono, Brian Eno, U2 - Nr Mint US $10.17 Buy It Now 1h 8m
UNLIMITED AMBIENT-Brian Eno/ROEDELIUS/Jon Hassell-Cd's US $10.29 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Brian Eno:4 SHM CD+Green World Promo Box Japan Mini-LP SS (roxy music u2 Q US $175.75 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Passengers U2 & Brian Eno Original Soundtracks 1 CD Experimental Music Album US $22.05 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Traffic Original Score Motion Picture Soundtrack CD Cliff Martinez Brian Eno TVT US $31.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Warm Jets by Brian Eno JAPAN REPLICA TO ORIGINAL LP ON A SEALED RARE OBI CD US $84.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Brian Eno Drums Between The Bells 3 Track Promo CD (M) US $33.93 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Sessions Presents Cosmic Dreams Disc 1 CD Kitaro Vangelis Brian Eno M Stearns US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Brian Eno & Karl Hyde Daddy's Car 2 Track Promo CD roxy music US $1.68 [0 bids]
Robert Fripp Exposure New Wave Pop Rock Vinyl Brian Eno US $3.00 [0 bids]
Jon Hassell/Brian Eno - Possible Musics EG Editions M- US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
VELVET GOLDMINE soundtrack CD brian eno ROXY MUSIC lou reed T-REX venus in furs US $7.99 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO-DISCREET MUSIC-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 7h 15m
BRIAN ENO-BEFORE AND AFTER SCIENCE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 7h 38m
BRIAN ENO-TIGER MOUNTAIN BY STRATEGY-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 7h 48m
MGMT cd CONGRATULATIONS Siberian Breaks FLASH DELIRIUM brian eno It's Working US $8.99 [0 bids]
David Bowie Low RCA Canada CPL1-2030 outer shrink brian eno extremely clean NM US $59.95 Buy It Now 8h 12m
BRIAN ENO Thursday Afternoon EGCD 64 1985/Jah Wobble SPINNER 1995 2 CD Lot VG US $4.99 [0 bids]
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1979 BRIAN ENO & SINFIELD In A Land Of Clear Colors RARE US $3,750.00 Buy It Now 8h 29m
BRIAN ENO-ANOTHER GREEN WORLD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Brian Eno-Ambient 1 Music For Airports lp-Mint in Shrink US $16.90 [1 bids]
10h
BRIAN ENO-AMBIENT 2 THE PLATEAUX OF MIRROR-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Brian Eno Before and After Science FLAWLESS Not Remastered ORIGINAL PRESS CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Paul Simon "Surprise" NM- Vinyl LP Brian Eno Garfunkel US $19.99 [0 bids]
NEW Brian Eno Lux AUDIOPHILE TWO 180 Gram DMM mastered SEALED 4 Exclusive Prints US $41.98 Buy It Now 11h 25m
BRIAN ENO Apollo JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW VJCP-98055 US $35.99 Buy It Now 12h 8m
BRIAN ENO-AMBIENT 1 MUSIC FOR AIRPORTS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 12h 12m
801 LIVE CD Phil Manzanera Brian ENO CD eg Third Uncle US $11.95 Buy It Now 12h 43m
BRIAN ENO Thursday Afternoon JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW VJCP-98056 US $33.99 Buy It Now 12h 50m
BRIAN ENO More Music For Films JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW VJCP-98057 US $34.99 Buy It Now 13h 8m
ELECTROPERSPECTIVE Electronic Music: Brian Eno,Radiohead,Chemical Bros,Daft Punk US $6.97 Buy It Now 13h 11m
ROBERT FRIPP Exposure 1979 Japan Press Brian Eno OBI LP d8680 US $79.99 Buy It Now 13h 31m
ROXY MUSIC "NM WAX" Avalon 1982 JAPAN King Crimson Brian Eno OBI LP e0844 US $79.99 Buy It Now 13h 33m
BRIAN ENO JOHN HOPKINS & LEO ABRAMS Small Craft On A Milk Sea 2010 DIGIPACK CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 54m
BRIAN ENO - Here Come The Warm Jets JAPAN CD Mini-LP w/OBI VJCP-68656 US $7.00 [0 bids]
Brian Eno 'Another Green World' JAPAN MINI LP w/ OBI STRIP cd US $7.00 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO-HERE COME THE WARM JETS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 14h 7m
BRIAN ENO 'Drums Between The Bells' Gatefold Double Vinyl LP + Free Download US $32.97 Buy It Now 14h 20m
ORIGINAL U2 - The Unforgettable Fire CD Island CLUB EDITION Brian Eno EXCELLENT US $19.95 Buy It Now 15h 7m
ORIGINAL U2 - The Unforgettable Fire CD Island CLUB EDITION Brian Eno NEAR MINT US $24.95 Buy It Now 15h 9m
ARTURO STALTERI - Cool August Moon CD ( Music of Brian Eno ) US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
BRIAN ENO - DAVID BYRNE - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts EGCD 48 US $8.47 Buy It Now 16h 58m
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts - Brian Eno New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.17 Buy It Now 17h 10m
MY LIFE IN THE BUSH OF GHOSTS Brian Eno & David Byrne CD 18 Titles US $18.80 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Brian Eno - Before And After Science Polydor - 2310 547 1977 NM US $39.00 Buy It Now 17h 58m
BRIAN ENO-AMBIENT 4 ON LAND-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 18h 16m
James Brian Eno Wah UK Sealed Vinyl LP Tim Booth C86 US $119.99 Buy It Now 19h 14m
BRIAN ENO Music For Films JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW VJCP-98054 US $34.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
BRIAN ENO "ALI CLICK" 1992 UK PROMO 12" US $8.13 Buy It Now 21h 54m
Brian Eno David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts - BEDBX1 US $12.53 Buy It Now 23h 27m
Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets - ENOCDX1 US $12.37 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Brian Eno - More Music For Films - ENOCDX12 US $12.53 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Brian Eno & David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts LP TRIBAL 1981 ITALY VG US $12.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Darshan Ambient Re: Karma Spotted Peccary Brian Eno Tim Story AMbient IDM US $1.99 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO "UNLIMITED AMBIENT" VERY SCARCE ITALIAN PROMO CD ALBUM 1997 WITH ART US $5.94 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO Before & After Science CD Roxy Music 2004 Remaster Virgin Records US $6.00 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO COMPLETE SET 1ST PRESS JAPAN MINI LP CD + PROMO OBI + BONUS MINT OOP US $500.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno Instrumental 3 cd Box + Booklet US $69.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno Working Backwards Box 10 Vinyls lp + 1 ep Vinyl Made In Usa US $590.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO/j peter schwalm-SLOP SHOP-S'Apex-TWO ROOM PLANT-Rae'Chill/KENI MOK/Cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
13 NEW+ CASSETTES ~ VOLLENWEIDER Brian ENO Ravi SHANKAR KITARO TOMITA US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
U2 ZOOTROPA Cassette Bono The Edge Johnny Cash Brian Eno Flood US $4.00 [0 bids]
Low (Ryko) by David Bowie (Aug-1991, Rykodisc USA) BRIAN ENO 3 BONUS TRACKS OOP US $8.00 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO Baby's on fire Fever Picture sleeve single US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno "Brian Eno x Nicolas Jaar x Grizzly Bear" RSD 2013 Record Store Day US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno - Wants You to Hear Something - Warner PRO-A-3545 Promo - Vinyl - VG+ US $25.00 [0 bids]
Brian Eno Music For Fans Vol. 2 RARE VG+ US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO - HERE COME THE WARM JETS NEW CD US $18.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno DRUMS BETWEEN THE BELLS Limited Edition 2CD BOX SET US $24.99 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO * AMBIENT 4* ON LAND 8 TRACK NEW SEALED CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROXY MUSIC Flesh + Blood LP 1980 Promo david bowie t rex brian eno US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SURPRISE Paul Simon Brian Eno 2006 album CD Rare popular classic Excellent Cond US $6.36 Buy It Now 1 day
ENOJAAR/GRIZZLY BEAR**BRIAN ENO X NICOLAS JAAR X GRIZZLY BEAR (RSD 2013)**VINYL US $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
passengers limited edition cd brian eno u2 US $42.49 Buy It Now 1 day
QUIET SUN Mainstream Phil Manzanera Brian Eno etc Pink I Island UK lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno: Thursday Afternoon ~ VG+ 1985 West Germany US $9.18 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO 1982 "Music For Films" LP SEALED w STICKER US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO/RICK HOLLAND**PANIC OF LOOKING (EP)**VINYL US $18.33 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO/RICK HOLLAND**DRUMS BETWEEN THE BELLS**CD US $13.78 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO**LUX (180 GRAM/GATEFOLD/DOWNLOAD)**2 VINYL SET US $24.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Future Perfect - Gyroscope USA CD Brian Eno, Modern Classical, Ambient #AO01 US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Bang On A Can : Music For Airports - Brian Eno (1998 USA CD) ** LIKE NEW ** US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
801 - Live Brian Eno Roxy Music Art Rock Phil Manzanera US $25.00 [0 bids]
David Byrne & Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush of Ghost US $15.00 [0 bids]
Changes - David Bowie Stevie Ray Vaughan Brian Eno (Early CD 1990 RYKO) NO UPC US $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO 6 LPs / related ANOTHER GREEN WORLD HERE COME THE WARM JETS / MUSIC US $42.42 [1 bids]
BRIAN ENO Laraaji - Day of Radiance Ambient 3 1980 LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO - Music For Films 1978 EG LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRIAN ENO DAVID BYRNE My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts SIRE Sterling NO BARCODE US $9.99 [0 bids]
BRIAN ENO Music For Airports ROCK LP PVC Sterling US $9.99 [2 bids]
BRIAN ENO Music For Films ROCK LP EDITIONS EG Sterling US $9.99 [2 bids]
Trainspotting Soundtrack CD 1996 Iggy Pop, Brian Eno, Pulp Blur, Underworld US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brian Eno / David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts - LP ('81 SRK 6093) US $10.22 Buy It Now 1 day
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts [Virgin] by David Byrne/Brian Eno (CD,... US $7.16 Buy It Now 1 day
TALKING HEADS Fear Of Music LP SHRINK SIRE Orig Lyric Inner BRIAN ENO Sterling US $9.99 [0 bids]
TALKING HEADS More Songs About.. LP SHRINK SIRE Orig Inner BRIAN ENO Masterdisk US $9.99 [0 bids]
TALKING HEADS Remain In Light ROCK LP SHRINK SIRE Orig Inner BRIAN ENO Sterling US $9.99 [2 bids]

More places to buy BRIAN ENO music online Buy BRIAN ENO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BRIAN ENO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BRIAN ENO Desert Island Selection ratings distribution

BRIAN ENO Desert Island Selection reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars "I'll find a place somewhere in the corner/ I'm gonna waste the rest of my days/ Just watching patiently from the window/ Just waiting seasons change, some day/ Oh, oh, my dreams will pull you through that garden gate."

I borrowed this compilation around 1988, and after that I just had to get more. A sign of a good compilation, right? There would have been a lot more albums to pick tracks from, but this is a vocal-oriented collection drawing mostly from albums like Another Green World & Before And After Science. I admit I'm especially fond of songs by Eno. Here are such favourites as 'Here He Comes', 'Julie With...' and 'On Some Faraway Beach', though also some non-favourites. A little more instrumentals instead would have made sense. 'Spirits Drifting' and '1/1' (the latter an Eno/Wyatt collaboration from Music From Airports) are lovely choices but not yet quite satisfactory for summing up Eno's ambient work. Anyway, a nice introduction to Eno (songs) and to some of his best albums - that you naturally have to hear completely (that's why only 3 stars). Rather impressive guest list including Fripp, Collins, Percy Jones and Roxy members.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#52100) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 17, 2005

Review by Peter
2 stars DESERT ISLAND SELECTION is not a bad Eno compilation, but at only 49 minutes, it should have been at least 25 minutes and five or six tracks longer. As it is, there are a mere eleven tracks to represent the creative and varied period from the early "pop" works to the beginning of the composer/producer's ambient phase. Genuine Eno fans who manage to grab only this one before the ship slides beneath the waves to maroon them had better hope their unplanned residence on any lonely, uncharted isle will be mercifully brief.

I bought this disc back around the time of its 1986 release, in the pre-Amazon days when Eno CDs were scarce to non-existent in my local record store. I was longing for some of the good ol' wacky Eno I used to enjoy on vinyl, before I rashly flogged my old LPs and turntable, in my eagerness to embrace the new snap, crackle and pop-free digital technology. This far-from-exhaustive compilation was the best fix I could find to assuage my Eno withdrawal and its sweats and shakes.

As astute fans will glean from the track listing, my fevered, tremble-handed purchase got me only one miserly song from HERE COME THE WARM JETS, a tight-fisted two from my favourite TAKING TIGER MOUNTAIN, a grudging four from ANOTHER GREEN WORLD, a paltry three from BEFORE AND AFTER SCIENCE, and a woefully insufficient one from MUSIC FOR AIRPORTS. (The latter of which I gladly would have traded for another from "JETS" or "TIGER MOUNTAIN.") Many essential Eno songs are missing: there's no "Baby's on Fire," no "Needles in the Camel's Eye," "Cindy Tells Me," "Burning Airlines Give You so Much More," "Mother Whale Eyeless," "Third Uncle," "Sky Saw," "In Dark Trees," "Backwater," "King's Lead Hat" or "Spider and I." Still, I knew how much was lacking as I was entering into the bargain with the shifty-eyed purveyor of mind-bending aural intoxicants, and there was just enough material present to keep my Enoid cravings manageable -- for a time.

DESERT ISLAND SELECTION is one for the bargain bin. I don't recommend it to newcomers interested in an overview of its famous author's excellent earlier works, as it omits way too much necessary stuff. Real Eno fans will have the full CDs from which these tracks were cherry picked (as does your reviewer, now). Don't get me wrong; none of this music is bad (just the opposite); there's just nowhere remotely near enough of it. New to Eno? Start at the beginning, and get the full albums!

Send comments to Peter (BETA) | Report this review (#285838) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 10, 2010

Post a review of BRIAN ENO "Desert Island Selection"