YES REMIXES

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. Tempus Fugit (5:07)
2. Arriving UFO (5:54)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (5:59)
4. Starship Trooper (7:33)
5. Awaken (7:48)
6. Soundchaser (5:24)
7. Ritual (6:20)
8. Siberian Khatru (5:26)
9. Five Percent for Nothing (4:40)
10. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed (4:44)
11. No Clowns (3:15)

Search YES Yes Remixes lyrics

Search YES Yes Remixes tabs

- Virgil "The Verge" Howe / remixing

Rhino (2003)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Yes Remixes Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Yasmine Garbi - Yes JAPAN CD W/OBI #51 US $6.99 Buy It Now 31m 31s
Yes/Rick Wakeman poster rare! US $8.05 [0 bids]
35m 40s
CD Album The Softlightes - Say No To Being Cool Say Yes To Being Happy [Enhanced US $2.57 Buy It Now 36m 27s
Excellent 1970 Progressive Rock LP - YES "Time And A Word" ATLANTIC RECORDS US $3.13 [3 bids]
40m 35s
Jon Anderson - Change We Must / State Of Independence - Rare Mint Cd Single YES US $12.89 Buy It Now 48m 6s
Yes Close to the Edge 1972 George Piros 1st Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG++ US $17.60 Buy It Now 1h
Yes, Milord! - Various Artists (NEW 3 x CD) US $17.73 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Heaven & Earth [Digipak] * by Yes (CD, Jul-2014, Frontiers Records (Italy)) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
YES leave it 12" 3 trk in original stickered pvc hello goodbye mix b/w remix and US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Yes, Virginia... [PA] by The Dresden Dolls (CD, Apr-2006, Roadrunner Records) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Heaven & And Earth (NEW CD) US $24.59 Buy It Now 1h 45m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE SD19133 VG US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES THE YES ALBUM LP UK 1ST A1/B1 ATLANTIC RED PLUM VG+/VG US $48.38 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Bobby Lewis 45 "YesOh Yes It Did/Mamie In The Afternoon US $6.49 Buy It Now 1h 53m
YES CLASSIC YES LP-PLAYED 1 TIME-TRANSFERRED TO CASSETTE--SMOKE FREE STORED US $20.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM James Pastell WOMAN OF THE WORLD/HELL YES I CHEATED Rusty Nail US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h
YES - MAGNIFICATION NEW VINYL US $40.29 Buy It Now 2h
Yes: The Studio Albums 1969-1987 by Yes [Box Set, Original Recording Remastered] US $78.91 Buy It Now 2h 2m
LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM YES CD NEW MINT ORIGINAL 2010 GMR MUSIC TALISMAN US $8.00 [1 bids]
BOOGIE/ Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
BOOGIE/ Five Star - If I Say Yes (WL Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
BOOGIE/ Cat Curtiss - Yes I Love You / I Won't Let You Go (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
BARBARA MORRISON - I LOVE YOU YES I DO NEW CD US $21.44 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BOOGIE/ Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES-SYMPHONIC LIVE & LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003-JAPAN 3 DVD L08 zd US $49.50 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DO ME BAD THINGS - YES! [DO ME BAD THINGS] [5050467757226] - NEW CD US $5.48 Buy It Now 2h 16m
YES - FLY FROM HERE - T-SHIRT US $40.33 Buy It Now 2h 17m
YES SYMPHONIC MUSIC OF YES 1993 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
J Church Kill Shelter, Yes! CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 22m
BILL BRUFORD GRADUALLY GOING TORNADO LP YES King Crimson US $6.99 [0 bids]
Alyson Williams - Yes We Can Can (LISTEN) WL Promo US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
YES Steve Howe Lp Beginings 1975 Atlantic records SD 18154 US $8.99 [0 bids]
Music CD Classic Yes 1981 Atlantic US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
45 rpm RARE!! RALPH HOUSTON The Devil is after me/Yes,I know on DELTA rec R2116 US $2.99 [0 bids]
"Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe CD" (1989 Arista) OOP - Yes - Jon Anderson US $4.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Atco - UK - PS US $3.23 [0 bids]
Yes "Owner of a Lonely Heart" RARE CD single - RARE Remixes OOP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Essentially Yes 5034504133921, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $39.41 Buy It Now 2h 53m
DINAH SHORE Dinah yes indeed GOOD (VINYL ALBUM) US $10.47 Buy It Now 2h 56m
2 LP Lot Yes "Close To The Edge" & Journey "Frontiers" US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
PETER GALLWAY - YES YES YES NEW CD US $21.79 Buy It Now 3h
Yes - YesShows 1980 Atlantic Records SD 2-510 Vinyl Near Mint US $14.99 [0 bids]
3h
CD Yes - Soon Live (Very RARE - Brazil Only) NEW & SELEAD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ricky Nelson [yes sit, that's my baby][I'm not afraid] 45rpm IMPERIAL records US $30.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
YES - YESSHOWS NEW CD US $44.89 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Yes Album, The by Yes (CD, Atlantic RARE Made in Japan For US, NOT 1994 Issue US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Yes The Yes Album Piros/King Atlantic 1975 ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $44.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
YES, DON'T KILL THE WHALE / ABILENE-AtlantIc 7" PS 1978-EX US $4.82 Buy It Now 3h 27m
GILLA GENTLEMEN CALLERS SAY YES FRANCE US $7.77 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Yes The Director's Cut Of The Wondrous Songs & Stories 2 DVD SET NEW! US $13.75 Buy It Now 3h 27m
BEES - EVERY STEP'S A YES (BONUS VINYL) NEW VINYL US $26.14 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Yes : Union CD Arista Records 1991 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes LP - Going For Home (With Original Inner Cover Fold Out Sleeve) US $4.03 [0 bids]
7"-Single GTR When The Heart (1986) GERMANY PS / STEVE HACKETT HOWE YES GENESIS US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
YES ~ CLASSIC YES ~ ATLANTIC 19320 (INCLUDES THE 7" RECORD) US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Eddy Grant(7" Vinyl)I Love You, Yes I Love You-Ensign-ENY 216-UK-VG+/Ex US $6.44 Buy It Now 3h 48m
"7"-The Beatles-Ticket to Ride/Yes It Is~STARLINE Capitol label US $19.99 [0 bids]
SYMPHONIC MUSIC OF YES CD+Bonus LIMITED JAPAN w/OBI OOP US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Fats Domino - Yes, My Darling US $0.99 [0 bids]
PROMO ONLY / BACCARA - SORRY I'M A LADY / YES SIR I CAN US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
"7"-Yes-Rhythm of Love SPANISH PROMO US $19.99 [0 bids]
4h
YES~90125~contains OWNER OF A LONELY HEART~ORIGINAL 12" LP *IN SHRINK-NEAR MINT* US $5.99 [0 bids]
Yes Yessongs LP 1973 Atlantic SD 3-100 Gatefold Booklet Vinyl Record US $13.29 Buy It Now 4h 16m
YES 90125 GERMANY PRESSED 1983 VINYL LP + INNER LYRIC WALLET *N/M CLASSIC ALBUM US $14.44 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Yes: Close To The Edge (CD / DVD) = NEW CDA-Music US $29.43 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Yes, Michael Bernard Fitzgerald, Excellent US $3.50 Buy It Now 4h 30m
STEVE HOWELL & THE MIGHTY MEN - YES I BELIEVE I WILL NEW CD US $21.07 Buy It Now 4h 30m
YES - Going For The One - Excellent Con 12" Single US $11.28 Buy It Now 4h 36m
YES - CLASSIC YES NEW CD US $8.45 Buy It Now 4h 41m
JETS - Yes Tonight Josephine - 1981 UK 7" Vinyl Single PS EMI 5247 Rockabilly EX US $4.82 Buy It Now 4h 41m
45 RECORD KAY STARR- THERE'S YES YES IN YOUR EYES US $0.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ The Story of i ATLANTIC LP '76 OG Yes Art Rock Progressive Rock US $1.99 [0 bids]
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes by Death Cab for Cutie CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Heart Says Yes - Troy Sneed New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $17.62 Buy It Now 4h 59m
PATRICK MORAZ : PATRICK MORAZ (KEYBOARDIST FOR YES) (18175) - RARITIES US $11.49 [0 bids]
5h
Yes M'Dear - Miss Lou Live-Louise Bennett LP US $20.89 Buy It Now 5h
33 RPM RECORD/6) PAT BOONE / YES INDEED ! US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h
Sorry, I'm A Lady / Yes Sir, I Can Boogie-Baccara 12" US $16.05 Buy It Now 5h 2m
YES - CLASSIC YES US $0.99 [1 bids]
YES - Tormato / US Import Album Cassette Tape / Atlantic 1978 / 064 US $8.05 Buy It Now 5h 9m
YES - Union / US Import Album Cassette Tape / 1991 / 065 US $4.82 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Japan Mika Nakashima Yes Taiwan CD -Normal Edition- US $23.78 Buy It Now 5h 9m
AUDIO CASSETTE RICK WAKEMAN "THE FAMILY ALBUM" YES/PROGRESSIVE ROCK/STRAWBS PROG US $5.99 [0 bids]
* YES - Keys to Ascension - 2 CD SET US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
ORIG 1972 LP "YES"FRAGILE-ROUNDABOUT,WE HAVE HEAVEN,HEART OF THE SUNRISE, CANS US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes: Big Generator Vinyl Lp ORIGINAL 1987 ATCO RECORDS 90522-1 Ex US $12.99 [0 bids]
Yes by Morphine (CD, Mar-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $4.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur LP 1975 w/booklet Yes EX US $4.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Please by Fourplay (CD, Aug-2000, Warner Bros.) US $3.50 Buy It Now 5h 33m
SEALED Dolly Parton - I Believe - How Great Thou Art, Yes I see God, More US $3.99 [0 bids]
YES DRAMA 1980 USA GATEFOLD VINYL LP * NEAR MINT VINYL EXCELLENT SLEEVE ALBUM US $17.67 Buy It Now 5h 37m
LOT (36) 60s-70s POP/ROCK LP RECORDS Springsteen YES Outlaws ZZ TOP Boston ELO + US $32.00 [6 bids]
FRANK BOGGS He Died For Me / Yes God Is Real 78 REDEMPTION RECORDS RR1002 US $20.96 Buy It Now 5h 38m
PET SHOP BOYS - YES (LTD) NEW CD US $27.57 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Heaven & Earth by Yes, Format: Audio CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Jack Vidgen - Yes I Am [CD New] US $18.83 Buy It Now 5h 50m
YES YESSHOWS bonus track JAPAN MINI LP 2 SHM CD US $41.80 Buy It Now 5h 50m
7" MEL SMITH "YES LOVE" RHYTHM & BLUES BELTER US $11.00 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Oh Yes We Can Love: A History Of Glam Rock [CD New] US $62.81 Buy It Now 5h 50m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Yes Remixes ratings distribution

YES Yes Remixes reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars A hatchet job

The story behind this album runs along the lines of Steve Howe's son Virgil (aka "The Verge") tinkering with his dad's band's track "Heart of the sunrise". Howe Snr. was understandably non-committal about what he heard, but suggested Virgil do some more, resulting in the is album. The chosen tracks are not necessarily Yes' most popular or best known, although the aforementioned "HOTS" plus "Awaken" and "Starship trooper" are included.

I don't have any problem with remixes as such, but I must admit I had hoped that the results would be reasonably faithful to the originals. It would for example have been interesting to hear "Siberian Khatru" set to a dance beat, or the final part of "Awaken" taken to even greater heights. The recent hit single remix of "Owner of a lonely heart" by Max Graham was a credible example of what can be achieved in this field.

What we have here though is dub type remixes of the tracks, where they are stripped of their identity, then clips from them extracted and repeated ad-nauseum. There's no flow to the music, and a dearth of inspiration in the editing.

There's no obvious logic to the tracks which were selected either. The album opens with "Tempus Fugit" from the "Drama" album, and is thus devoid of two parts of the classic Yes sound, namely Anderson's voice and Wakeman's keyboards. The most obvious aspect of the remixing here is the repetition of certain lyrics, such as "Answer to.. Answer to.. Answer to.. YES". Ear catching, but a bit irritating!

Other questionable selections are "Arriving UFO" and "Five percent for nothing", neither of which can be described as obvious choices.

"Starship Trooper" starts with the middle section(!), then jumps about picking random snippets from the song. After a drum and bass interlude, the final "Wurm" section is reasonably recognisable, with a decent synthesiser piece, which appears to be new, to close. "Awaken" starts with the end section, the bit which goes "Like the time I ran away". It too jumps about completely destroying the impact of the track, particularly the mighty build up on the original, as it moves towards the crescendo section.

The final track, "No clowns" appears to take its name from "No opportunity necessary" plus "Circus of heaven". It is something of a catch all, with extracts from a number of Yes tracks from different albums.

Astonishingly, Virgil admits in the sleeve-notes the samples used were taken from vinyl copies of the albums not the master tapes, and that he worked only with a sampler and a 16 track recorder, no PC. This presumably implies that any samples used are simply distortions of the original tracks, not extracts of say just the guitar or bass line.

In summary, while the source tracks are in the main certainly recognisable, the remixing here does nothing to enhance them. One for the curious only.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#46299) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 11, 2005

Review by micky
micky avatar
1 stars hahha... if ever in need of some prog to dance with ... this is it.

welll I'm not really sure what to say about this album. Other than to relate the effect that listening to this album MAY have. Had picked this up one day on the way home from work, was heading down the highway.. slipped it into the CD player.... and promptly nearly put my truck in a ditch. If you ever get tired of the same old Yes songs... try this. Steve Howe's son, Virgil did remixs of many beloved Yes songs.

The other reaction to listening to this may be severe nausea of course

The purist in me screams ... NO don't touch those sacred cows... while the prog fan in me.. thinks.. you know... this is really interesting. Not going to bother trying to describe the atrocities committed to the songs... you have to hear it for yourself. You might even find, like myself, that this is a fun album to just pull out occasionally. My favorites.. Soundchaser. Never figured I could dance to it... but under the sway of Master Virgil Verge and the funky Yes-crew.. I can. Several songs might actually be better.. 5 Per Cent For Nothing is great Arriving UFO from Tormato... .so much better. Interesting remix of Heart of the Sunrise as well

Anyway.. 1 star...

for eccentric Yes fans and those who are supremely open-minded. Those who are, might actually enjoy pulling this out occasionally. I do. Probably the most enjoyable 1 star album I'll ever review

Michael (aka micky)

Send comments to micky (BETA) | Report this review (#82337) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 30, 2006

Review by chopper
2 stars The thought of remixes of Yes songs may intrigue you or fill you with horror. Well, I was intrigued enough to give it a listen.

This album was "constructed" by Steve Howe's son Virgil using old Yes vinyl and some modern technology and is basically Yes songs cut up and rearranged over drum and bass backing. In some cases it works well and it some it doesn't. Some of the faster songs such as "Tempus Fugit" and "Siberian Khatru" work well, particularly in the former's use of the "yes" word and the latter's use of the opening guitar riff. Other's such as "Heart of the Sunrise" and "Starship Trooper" could almost become acid house classics (if you took out the slower sections).

Others are a case of missed opportunity, "Soundchaser" makes no use of the "cha cha cha" bit and "No opportunity" omits the Big Country section. The final track "No clowns" takes it name from the dreaded "Circus of Heaven" and is a new "song" consisting of loads of different sections of Yes songs cut together. Apart from being useful for a quick game of "Spot the song" it doesn't really serve any purpose.

In summary, an interesting experiment which Yes fans will probably love or hate, so I can only really give it 2 stars. I'm tempted to deduct one for the idiot who designed the booklet with silver lettering on a translucent paper so you can only read it if you hold it at exactly the right angle. At least it's better than the awful ELP remix CD.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#85003) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 28, 2006

Review by Kazuhiro
2 stars The meaning of the location and the work of "Remix" might have had the flow that had changed in the age. The latter half of the at least 70's might have been work that the artist had needed at the stage in the process where the part of work in Remix had made the album.

All will have been the parts that shifted from the sound source of an original tape to the work of the track down again and were done. Therefore, it existed as Version made as work to cancel the dissatisfaction with the subjacent sound source that was. The existence of Remix changed into the commercial act gradually in the music business in the shifting flow in the 80's however and it began to flood the fashion of the record by 12 inches. Trevor Horn to promote Remix in which the ZTT label that it established it after it was on the register in "Yes" in 1983 was skillful might also have existed if it enumerated it as an example. The definition of Remix indeed changes the form in the age and is recognized.

This album was produced by The Verge of the son of Steve Howe. This album might have had to be announced originally by the name of The Verge. It is in the discography of "Yes" as a result the album and there are some respects in details that allow one's name to be added. The Verge advances to musician's road as well as elder brother's Dylan Howe. The elder brother is taking an active part as a legitimate drum player. The Verge went to the route of music that followed Hip-Hop on the other hand. And, The Verge also manipulates musical instruments.

And, the existence of the son of Jon Anderson of the point that had to be paid attention in the produced process might have been also large. Naturally, the exchange of The Verge and Damion Anderson might be the points that were able to be forecast. The accurate information is not certain though Damion Anderson also actually has information said that it will participate in this album. And, it is guessed that this exchange becomes related of Steve Howe and Jon Anderson and was held the conference on this album. There might have been a story of approval by management with the band as a guess of details from which this album was added to the discography as a result. And, it is guessed that the shade of meaning of the introduction concerning the music of the band has come out strongly as an intention of this album.

In addition, there might be a point that extracts the sound source that the band announced as a point that should make a special mention from CD and the record and was produced. And, the existence of the sampler of MPC2000XL of the Akai Co. that The Verge introduced for the production of this album might be also large. The interest of the idea to draw out the performance of the idea and machine parts to its maximum completely and for a past sound source to revive newly might be deep. A past sound source is put on Dance Music and jungle Beat, etc. overall and it challenges as a completely new work. Therefore, there might be a part that has not been approved as an album of Yes. However, it is likely to be interested in the work that The Verge did for the fan of new Yes.

Send comments to Kazuhiro (BETA) | Report this review (#274485) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 27, 2010

Review by thehallway
2 stars Obviously, you have to be a Yes fan and a drum'n'bass fan to like this. Very few people on planet Earth are both.

I can appreciate the work done (especially from only having access to vinyls; no master tapes) but I just find it a bit irritating. It's not because I'm old (I'm not old), it's more the fact that the songs aren't really RE-MIXED with overdubbing and rearranging, but simply sampled, in a rather brief way. These tracks are largely built around tiny snippets of repeated Yes music laid over some good, albeit repetitive, drum loops. They are more a demonstration of skill than a fresh construction of old songs. In places very cool (new synth solo on 'Würm', hardcore appreciation of 'HOTS') but in other areas very un-cool (6-seconds of 'Ritual' streched to 6 minutes?).

The other thing that puzzles me is the selection of tracks, which I presume is based more on "remixibility" than diversity or classic status. In other words, Virgil makes some already bad songs even worse; '5 per cent for nothing' = stupid choice. 'Arriving UFO' = already "remixed" about 10 times when Yes were making 'Tormato'. And 'No Clowns' seems to be more of a radio advert than a song, snippeting songs from across Yes's career, making an interesting but pointless 3 minutes (and yes, Damion is on it...)

Some tips for 'The Verge': Go easy on the drum machine. Get some master tapes from daddy. Learn that 'Sound Chaser' is in 5/4 time. And think about your target audience.

I could do better on my pc.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279251) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by penguindf12
3 stars This is actually pretty good.

Of course, I didn't have very high expectations, what with the thorough trashing it has received in pretty much every review I have read. Let's set some things straight:

The arrangements are actually pretty inventive. Virgil Howe takes the source material from vinyl. You can tell he really knows the songs. There is quite a bit of imaginative EQ'ing, lots of cool pitch-shifting, etc. It is NOT just bits of the songs with beats added. The production is clear. He knows what he is doing.

But most people wouldn't really appreciate it. I'm sure he KNEW he was doing something most fans would protest; it's evident in his song choices - taking many of his samples from "Tormato." It's a bit of fun, but it's well-done fun. I find the reinterpretations refreshing.

I've always loved "Five Per Cent for Nothing" and the goofiness on "Tormato." There are some disappointments, but overall I'm glad this exists.

To be honest, it's better than many late Yes releases...

Send comments to penguindf12 (BETA) | Report this review (#481213) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Review by siLLy puPPy
4 stars Talk about odd ducks in the music world. It really doesn't get more at odds than the fusing of techno and trance with symphonic prog rock. Well that's exactly what we get here and it's all thanks to Steve Howe's son Virgil (aka The Verge) who diligently spliced and diced and reinterpreted the 70s world of YES music and put it into a 21st century electronica context. The reaction has been fierce as many a prog fan shutters at the thought of such a blasphemous endeavor. Well, call me a traitor to the prog aesthetic if you must but I think this album is brilliantly done.

This is not merely putting a beat to pieces of YES songs as the title may suggest. Verge meticulously went through the YES catalog to find the pieces he deemed most adaptable to a techno and trance feel and then set out to splice apart the individual instrumental and vocal tracks to put them together in a new way to fit into the proper electronic beat fashion. Many of the tracks do come from the less progressive albums such as "Tormato" but Verge masters the true challenge of taking strange progressive timings like the 5/4 of "Five Percent Of Nothing" and creates an unusual yet recognizable version of the music.

This is obviously not the starting point for any newcomers to YES' music but for those who have an open mind, an insatiable appetite for the cross-pollination potential of totally disparate genres and have heard the original versions so many times that they welcome an unlikely way of reinterpreting them, then this is for you! I know i'm in a lonely room with this one but I think this is an excellent album just awaiting the day when the potentials of remixing prog with electronica will become more widely accepted in a world where the monotony needs to be broken up by such strange new ideas. I think this album embodies the true spirit of what "progressive" is all about and YES remain at the forefront of such progressive thinking by releasing such things despite what the public thinks.

Send comments to siLLy puPPy (BETA) | Report this review (#1194892) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 16, 2014

1 stars I was at a local record store record when I came across this CD for $2. Upon first glance, I thought that this CD would be new mixes of these songs, kind of like a remastering job. Of course, how was I to know what was in store based on the ridiculously unreadable, opaque, transparent cover ... (read more)

Report this review (#741807) | Posted by bb1319 | Sunday, April 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Yes Remixes"