1982-86 THE VIDEOS

Marillion

Marillion 1982-86 The Videos album cover

Buy MARILLION Music
DVD/Video, released in 1986

1. Market Square Heroes (4:15)
2. He Knows You Know (3:30)
3. Garden Party (4:26)
4. Assassing (3:38)
5. Kayleigh (3:33)
6. Lavender (3:41)
7. Heart of Lothian (3:40)
8. Lady Nina (3:43)

Search MARILLION 1982-86 The Videos lyrics

Search MARILLION 1982-86 The Videos tabs

- Fish / vocals
- Mark Kelly / keyboards
- Mick Pointer / drums (tracks 1-3)
- Ian Mosley / drums (tracks 4-8)
- Steve Rothery / acoustic & electric guitars
- Pete Trewavas / basses

MVP 99 1122 2
VHS PAL
Released from EMI/PMI

Thanks to Grendelbox for the addition
and to Gary for the last updates

MARILLION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MARILLION 1982-86 The Videos Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
A Sunday Night Above The RainA Sunday Night Above The Rain
Madfish Records UK 2012
DVD$15.72
Clutching at StrawsClutching at Straws
101 DISTRIBUTION 2001

More places to buy MARILLION music online Buy MARILLION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MARILLION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MARILLION 1982-86 The Videos ratings distribution

MARILLION 1982-86 The Videos reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars It's a collection of video clips during Fish era. I still keep this collection - beacuse I love the early days of Marillion - for the sake of collection only. All tracks have been repackaged by EMI into a DVD: The EMI Singles Collection where I have reviewed it also in this site. This is for collectors only and it's not bad at all. It's good to know how the band and the label positioned the band in the market through rigorous TV commercials with these clips. One thing that becomes weak point of video clip, including this one, is that the duration has been cut (edited). If you like Marillion, just buy the DVD version. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#45006) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
2 stars Just for fun I return to these videos I saw a couple of times in the late 80's (thanks to my then-local library). I try to describe the videos from my memory. 'Market Sq Heroes' was the first and the cheapest in looks starring the band itself. Then a more ambitious attempt at the music video art: 'He Knows You Know' is in debt to Bowie's fabulous 'Ashes to Ashes' video for the image of a junkie in a straitjacket. Fish does his best in his many-sided role. 'Garden Party' is perhaps the nicest in its humorous mockery of British upper class and their parties.

Fugazi is represented by 'Assassing' only: a bright colored band video, some split- screen, but overall quite lifeless. 'Kayleigh' is the most mature-looking with outdoor scenes featuring Fish, the lady and an iron fence between them. 'Lavender' shows Fish singing in Scottish kilt but that's really not enough for a good video. 'Heart of Lothian' I don't even remember, could have been in the same style. Also 'Lady Nina' has faded from my memory. Safe to say that Marillion were not among the best music video makers or working with ones. Luckily I didn't have to waste my money on this (shamefully short) video even in my fandom days.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#71406) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 08, 2006

2 stars (Doing a lot of reviews today, got some spare time)...I was never a big fan of MTV or music videos in general and Marillion never really had any cutting edge tech or anything in their videos but this is in interesting collection that brought back some memories of the 80's. I found this at a th ... (read more)

Report this review (#428013) | Posted by mohaveman | Tuesday, April 05, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MARILLION "1982-86 The Videos"