CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudziński / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

Rapid Eye MovementRapid Eye Movement
Inside Out Music 2007
Voices in My HeadVoices in My Head
Inside Out U.S. 2006
JOHNNY GRIFFIN ORCHESTRA THE BIG SOUL BAND LP RIVERSIDE US $23.99 Buy It Now 31m 23s
JOHNNY HAMMOND SMITH - Black Coffee/Monterey Theme | RARE soul jazz Riverside 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 41m
Riverside Gospel Group BEST OF GOSPEL AND SPIRITUALS Still Sealed 1998 CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 57m 22s
THE RIVERSIDE DUTCHMEN feat. harvey becker LP VG+ Private MN Polka Sound 80 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
MARK MURPHY RAH ORIG RIVERSIDE DEEP GROOVE LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
BLUE MITCHELL SMOOTH AS THE WIND ORIG RIVERSIDE DEEP GROOVE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Anita Sheer " Sheer Flamenco " Riverside RLP 1116, stereo [ Black label ] US $7.00 [0 bids]
Various-Soul Of Jazz Piano-Riverside 7-MONO US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
ART BLAKEY UGETSU LP RIVERSIDE SMJ-6164 JAPAN PRESSING US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
David Thorne (The Alley Cat Song) The Moon Was Yellow Riverside Recs R-4530 US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Billy Taylor Trio Warming Up LP Vinyl Riverside Jazz DG 1st Press Mono Piano NM US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 45m
CHARLIE BYRD Guitar Artistry LP Riverside remastered Bob Thiele EX/NM US $3.99 [0 bids]
Niney And The Observers - Hiding By The Riverside / The Red Sea (Big Shot 7" 45) US $16.29 [0 bids]
STANLEY HOLLOWAY Concert Party Novelty Comedy VOCAL LP Riverside Issue 1957 Clen US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
JAMEY AEBERSOLD - DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE: 15 TRADITIONAL DIXIELAND - NEW CD US $15.14 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Sam Jones-Right Down Front-The Riverside Collection-CD-1988 USA-OJCCD-6008-2 US $16.05 Buy It Now 2h 49m
BILL EVANS TRIO Explorations LP ORIGINAL1961 Riverside RLP-9351 EX SCOTT LA FARO US $55.00 [1 bids]
THE BEAT FARMERS ~ VAN GO EX+ VINYL + LYRIC INNER ~ POWDERFINGER, RIVERSIDE US $3.67 [0 bids]
3h
ERNEST MAXIN ORCHESTRA Great Themes From Great Movies LP OOP Riverside US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h
VERBAL ASSAULT 2 (West Coast Riverside Rap/Gangsta G-Funk G-Rap Rare OOP HTF) US $6.99 [0 bids]
MILT JACKSON BAGS & BRASS LP RIVERSIDE LABEL JAZZ VINYL RS-3021 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Cannonball Adderley-Nippon Soul-CD-1999-Riverside German Reissue-OJCCD-435-2 US $16.94 Buy It Now 3h 40m
SEALED JAZZ 2 LP: THELONIOUS MONK THE RIVERSIDE TRIOS 1979 Milestone GATEFOLD US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Jean Ritchie Singing Family of the Cumberlands vinyl LP RIVERSIDE FOLK US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 53m
orquesta riverside-esto se pone sabroso-LP ADRIA-hand signed HILOA-latin-VG+ US $99.99 [0 bids]
4h
SHIRLEY SCOTT TOYS IN THE ATTIC/MARCHIN' TO RIVERSIDE IMPULSE! 45 # 45-219 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
MILT JACKSON SEXTET ~ INVITATION 1962 RIVERSIDE RM 446 MONO 1ST PRES LP / RECORD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Trigger Alpert Trigger Happy! Absolutely All-Star Seven mono LP Riverside RL 225 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
MILT JACKSON SEXTET Invitation LP Original RM 446 Mono Riverside Recs  US $33.97 Buy It Now 4h 56m
CLARK TERRY QUINTET Serenade To A Bus Seat LP Original US Mono Riverside US $71.52 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Thelonious Monk~Monk's Music LP~1957~Re-issue~Riverside/Fantasy~NM- US $7.99 [0 bids]
Thelonious Monk~THELONIOUS HIMSELF LP~1986~Riverside~Mint! US $9.49 [0 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY QUARTET ~ CANNONBALL TAKES CHARGE 1959 RIVERSIDE RLP 12-303 US $29.99 [0 bids]
Limited Edition Vinyl EP by Live Pain Lies on the Riverside/Pillar of Davidson US $0.99 [0 bids]
the best of CANNONBALL ADDERLEY Stereo Riverside / abc RS 3038 US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 6m
CHET BAKER sealed It Could Happen To You Riverside LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Blue's Moods by Blue Mitchell (CD, Oct-1994, Riverside) US $6.34 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Charlie Byrd "Solo Flight" 1967 Riverside US $5.69 [0 bids]
CHARLIE BYRD - BYRD IN THE WIND - LP, RS 9449 RIVERSIDE US $9.50 Buy It Now 7h 31m
MONGO SANTAMARIA - Explosion ~RIVERSIDE 3008 {nm} w/Venegas, Nat Adderley - RARE US $27.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
SUTTON,RALPH RIVERSIDE 212 PIANO SOLOS M- $60.00 US $60.00 Buy It Now 7h 50m
CHARLIE BYRD ONCE MORE BOSSA NOVA LP RIVERSIDE BLUE LABEL JAZZ SAMBA GUITAR US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Riverside by Luka Bloom (CD, Jan-1990, Reprise) US $1.99 Buy It Now 8h
Philly Joe Jones Sextet Blues For Dracula Vinyl Riverside Records OJC Jazz US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Bill Evans Live at Shelly's Manne Hole Vinyl LP Album Riverside RS-3013 NM- US $7.49 [0 bids]
RARE Bill Evans Trio Vinyl Lp Album Moon Beams Mono Riverside 428 Exc US $24.99 [0 bids]
TIMMONS,BOBBY RIVERSIDE 363 EASY DOES IT M- $50.00 US $50.00 Buy It Now 8h 24m
MARK MURPHY Rah Vinyl Lp NEAR MINT Record Orig. Riverside Mono Promo US $40.00 Buy It Now 8h 38m
JOHNNY LYTLE TRIO Lela/A Taste Of Honey RIVERSIDE 4551 MOD Jazz Inst 45 rpm HEAR US $10.00 [0 bids]
Charlie Byrd BLUES SONATA Riverside 453 Mono Very Good+ US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 5m
VG+ LP~WES MONTGOMERY~The Best Of~[RIVERSIDE]~[OG 1969 STEREO Issue]~ US $4.90 Buy It Now 9h 41m
EXC LP~The WES MONTGOMERY TRIO~'Round Midnight~[1968~RIVERSIDE]~[1959 SESSIONS]~ US $17.90 Buy It Now 9h 45m
NM LP~WES MONTGOMERY~This Is Wes Montgomery (Boss Guitar)~{1968 RIVERSIDE Iss] US $19.90 Buy It Now 9h 47m
BOBBY TIMMONS TRIO "Dat Dere" / "Come Rain or Come Shine" RIVERSIDE 7" / 45 US $21.95 Buy It Now 9h 56m
HISTORY OF CLASSIC JAZZ NM 5 LP Box Set Riverside SDP II No book Near mint US $64.99 Buy It Now 10h 38m
JAZZ - Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul - Soulmates :: RIVERSIDE 476 MONO US $12.00 [0 bids]
JAZZ - Cannonball Adderley & Bill Evans - Know what I mean? :: RIVERSIDE 9433 US $15.50 [4 bids]
JAZZ - Cannonball Adderley - Nippon Soul :: RIVERSIDE 9477 STEREO VG+ US $15.00 [1 bids]
JAZZ - Johnny Griffin - Grab This! :: RIVERSIDE 437 MONO US $15.00 [0 bids]
A DIVERTIRSE CON LA ORQUESTA RIVERSIDE LP RECORD BRAVO 123 VG++ IN SHRINKWRAP US $19.95 Buy It Now 11h 15m
JAZZ - Milt Jackson & Wes Montgomery - Bags Meet Wes :: RIVERSIDE 407 MONO VG+ US $15.00 [0 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY 5TET AT THE LIGHTHOUSE RIVERSIDE 344 US ORIGINAL MONO DG M- US $29.99 [2 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY AND THE POLL WINNERS RIVERSIDE 355 US ORIGINAL D.G. MONO US $29.99 [1 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY THEM DIRTY BLUES RIVERSIDE RLP 1170 US ORIGINAL STEREO MINT- US $19.99 [2 bids]
JAZZ - Jimmy Heath Sextet - The Thumper :: RIVERSIDE 1160 STEREO DG US $9.99 [0 bids]
BOB CORWIN QUARTET WITH DON ELLIOTT ON RIVERSIDE 220 US ORIGINAL MONO D.G. US $36.00 [3 bids]
ABBEY LINCOLN THAT'S HIM! ON RIVERSIDE RLP 12-251 US ORIGINAL MONO MINT- US $62.89 [5 bids]
M.LOWE/G.QUILL A GRAND NIGHT FOR SWINGING RIVERSIDE 12-238 US ORIG.(white lbl)M- US $19.99 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS THE UNIQUE ON RIVERSIDE 209 US ORIGINAL 1958 small lbl MONO D.G. M- US $39.99 [1 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK QUARTET + TWO AT THE BLACKHAWK RIVERSIDE 323 US ORIGINAL MONO US $26.00 [4 bids]
MULLIGAN MEETS MONK ON RIVERSIDE 12-247 US ORIGINAL MONO D.G. US $39.99 [4 bids]
B.BEAN/W.NORRIS/H.GAYLOR THE TRIO RIVERSIDE 380 US ORIGINAL PROMO MONO M-/M US $110.50 [5 bids]
GEORGE RUSSELL SEPTET THE STRATUS SEEKERS ON RIVERSIDE 412 US ORIGINAL MONO M-/M US $39.99 [1 bids]
Johnny Lytle The Village Caller! OBI 1984 Riverside OJC-110 VG++ US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 36m
BILL EVANS (PIANO) - THE BEST OF BILL EVANS [RIVERSIDE] - NEW CD US $8.12 Buy It Now 15h 39m
Definitive Thelonious Monk on Prestige & Riverside, Monk, Thelonious, , New US $14.59 Buy It Now 15h 41m
LU WATTERS YERBA BUENA Riverside Blues JAZZ MAN 78~5 US $12.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
JAZZ - Thelonious Monk w/ Johnny Griffin - In Action :: RIVERSIDE 1190 STEREO US $15.00 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS LP - BIG NOISE - Red Hot & Blue, Riverside Trio etc US $13.03 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - RIVERSIDE JAZZ SAMPLER N.MINT 1988 VINYL LP US $11.40 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Riverside JAZZ CD - Thelonious Monk John Coltrane Bill Evans Cannonball Adderley US $9.95 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Sonny Rollins - Riverside Years CD US $34.11 Buy It Now 16h 35m
RIVERSIDE - SHRINE OF NEW GENERATION SLAVES (UK) NEW VINYL US $56.05 Buy It Now 16h 46m
NEW ORLEANS : The Living Legends DOUBLE LP record Riverside US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 59m
?LISTEN n7907 LP / BOBBY POWELL / DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE - US ORG US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Complete At Midnight/At Riverside Sessions by Harry "Sweets" Edison (Trumpet)... US $15.31 Buy It Now 17h 39m
RIVERSIDE - ANNO DOMINI HIGH DEFINITION - OFFICAIL RUSSIAN ISSUE BRAND NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 43m
[12'' MAXI] Rsp,COME TO THE RIVERSIDE '99 12'' (Shift Music & Media) US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 2m
"SUNDAY AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD" BILL EVANS JPN RIVERSIDE EARLY STREO US $19.99 [0 bids]
"THE UNIQUE THELONIOUS MONK" JPN RIVERSIDE EARLY MONO R-5039 US $19.99 [0 bids]
BOBBY TIMMONS TRIO RIVERSIDE LP FROM THE BOTTOM SHRINK M-/M- US $14.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
PORCUPINE TREE(RIVERSIDE) - HARMONY KORINE, VERY RARE SINGIEL - UNIQUE !!! US $39.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-VERY RARE DVD LIVE AT W2 DEN BOSCH 2006-AUTOGRAPHS! US $149.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-"REALITY DREAM LIVE" 2xDVD + AUTOGRAPHS! US $149.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-ADHD RED LP-ONLY 300 COPIES-UNIQUE LP+AUTOGRAPHS! !!! US $229.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-VERY RARE "DEMO"UNIQUE ONLY 300 COPIES-AUTOGRAPHS! US $499.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)- OUT OF MYSELF ONLY 150 COPIES+AUTOGRAPHS! !!! US $179.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-REALITY DREAM 2LP - UNIQUE LP+AUTOGRAPHS! !!! US $219.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-REALITY DREAM TRILOGY BOX 6 CD+AUTOGRAPHS! !!! US $179.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE(PORCUPINE TREE)-MEMORIES IN MY HEAD+AUTOGRAPHS MINI ALBUM ! US $79.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single´s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn´t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you´re a fan you´ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"