CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudzi˝ski / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

Inside Out Music 2009
Memories In My HeadMemories In My Head
EP
Laser's Edge 2011
THE REGIS SYMPHONIC BAND - "CONCERT IN THE PARK" (RIVERSIDE) RARE STEREO US $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 8s
CHARLIE BYRD TRIO (& GUESTS) BYRD AT THE GATE OJC-262 Riverside RLP-9467 SEALED US $40.00 [0 bids]
JAZZ - Johnny Griffin - Grab This! :: RIVERSIDE 437 MONO US $19.99 [0 bids]
Wes Montgomery - March 6, 1925 - June 15, 1968 / Riverside LP Nice Vinyl US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Best of Wes Montgomery / Riverside Stereo RS-3039 LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h
RARE JAZZ lp CANNONBALL ADDERLEY AT THE LIGHTHOUSE 1960 RIVERSIDE DG lbl NICE! US $9.95 [0 bids]
Bill Evans Live at Shelly's Manne Hole Vinyl LP Album Riverside RS-3013 NM- US $7.49 [0 bids]
JOHNNY GRIFFIN BIG SOUL BAND Wade in the Water RIVERSIDE 479 mono BOBBY TIMMONS US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
THELONIOUS MONK THE COMPLETE RIVERSIDE RECORDINGS CD BOX JAZZ PIANO US $79.99 [0 bids]
The Riverside Jazz Stars/A Jazz Version of Kean/Riverside/RLP9397/NM/DG US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
The Music of Michael Kurth: String Quartets Riverside Chamber Players US $5.13 Buy It Now 2h 38m
OSCAR BRAND - SONGBAG OF FOLK SONG FAVORITES - RIVERSIDE LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 39m
VG+/EX Scramble The Sounds of Motorcycles at Speed Original Stereo Riverside LP US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Best of Wes Montgomery Riverside RS 3039 NM US $17.75 Buy It Now 2h 47m
MILT JACKSON Bags & Brass LP RIVERSIDE RS-3021 US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
2x CD RIVERSIDE One w Waterfall RARE + OCEAN BLUE Beneath The Rhythm And Sound US $34.99 [0 bids]
Evans, Bill, Riverside Profiles (Bonus CD) Audio CD US $8.09 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Johnny "Hammond" Smith/A Little Taste/Riverside/RS9496/NM US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
VARIOUS ARTISTS LP - BIG NOISE - Red Hot & Blue, Riverside Trio etc US $13.27 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK with JOHN COLTRANE - THE COMPLETE RIVERSIDE RECORDINGS 2 X CD US $1.64 [1 bids]
V.A. - SESSION AT RIVERSIDE LP NEAR MINT US $6.63 [0 bids]
7h
New Riverside Ramblers - Saute La Barrire Jump The Fence [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Katie Tomlinson - Down By The Riverside [CD New] US $13.04 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Monroe Quinn - On Riverside Drive [CD New] US $13.14 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Sean A. Lane - Runnin' To Riverside [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 7h 25m
A182 RIVERSIDE HISTORY OF CLASSIC JAZZ JAPAN CD VDJ-1575 OBI 3200 YEN US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h
JACK TEAGARDEN - BIG EIGHT! W/ PW RUSSELL Fantasy OJC EX NM (RIVERSIDE OJC) LP US $22.95 Buy It Now 8h 28m
JELLY ROLL MORTON - NEW ORLEANS RHYTHM KINGS - RIVERSIDE RLP 12-102 US $30.00 [0 bids]
GIANTS OF BOOGIE WOOGIE - AAVV- RIVERSIDE RLP 12-102 US $35.00 [0 bids]
MA RAINEY - Broken Hearted Blues - LP original 1956 Riverside US $30.00 [0 bids]
JELLY ROLL MORTON - RAGS & BLUES - RIVERSIDE RLP 140 US $55.00 [0 bids]
IDA COX - MOANIN', GROANIN' BLUES - ORIGINAL 1960 RIVERSIDE RARE BLUES LP US $75.00 [0 bids]
Ma Rainey - RARE LP Blues RIVERSIDE 1955 - Twelve Classic Selections US $130.00 [0 bids]
MEADE LUX LEWIS-BLUES PIANO ARTISTRY OF-RIVERSIDE LABEL RLP 402 RECORDED 1961 US $24.95 [0 bids]
Art Blakey - Kyoto (Uk Stereo) (Riverside) Lp US $39.00 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Wes Montgomery - Movin' Along (Uk Mono) Ex Ex (Riverside) Lp US $45.75 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Johnny Griffin - Way Out! W/ K. Drew (Japanese Mono) (Riverside) Lp US $28.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
NEW ORLEANS RHYTHM KINGS with JELLY ROLL MORTON LP-Rare UK Riverside-Excellent US $6.63 Buy It Now 10h 57m
PAUL RENARD George M. Cohan / Wurlitzer Organ RIVERSIDE MONO DG VG++/NMINT- US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Wes Montgomery Trio "Self-Titled" RIVERSIDE JAZZ LP #OJC-034 US $17.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
LATIN JAZZ LP- "PACHANGA WITH BARRETTO" RIVERSIDE STEREO RLP 97506 US $15.00 [0 bids]
jazz riverside JIMMY HEATH QUINTET on the trail lp record COVER in celo US $9.99 [0 bids]
CLEVELAND james I WALK WITH GOD soul gospel DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE new tape US $3.88 [0 bids]
WORLD WAR II '61 Riverside 2LP MONO Bud Greenspan/ Alexander Scourby M- unplayed US $12.00 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Thelonious Monk W/John Coltrane-Complete 1957 Riverside Rec.- RCD2-30027-2 VG+ US $19.99 [0 bids]
BUDD JOHNSON N. ADDERLEY C. TERRY Jazz 45 Riverside All My Love b/w Driftwood US $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 25m
BILL EVANS TRIO (PIA - PORTRAIT IN JAZZ [RIVERSIDE BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $6.40 Buy It Now 13h 44m
"Eleanor Roosevelt in Conversation with Ben Grauer" Riverside 1957 Spoken Word US $19.96 Buy It Now 13h 54m
20 BIT K2 Know What I Mean? [Limited Edition Riverside Remaster] [Remaster] US $13.99 [0 bids]
Lu Watters, Cake Walking Babies/Riverside Blues, Jazz Man 5 US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h 36m
BOBBY TIMMONS TRIO From the Bottom RIVERSIDE LP US $8.00 [1 bids]
Bobby Jaspar LP Riverside 12-240 Japan Pressing Idrees Sulieman Elvin Jones NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 43m
Bob Wilber's Wildcats- Young Men With Horns on Riverside Records RLP 2501 10"LP US $49.99 [0 bids]
SEALED St. MARK's Riverside RI New Sounds of Joy LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 56m
WES MONTOGOMERY GUITAR ON THE GO RIVERSIDE SMJ-6168 Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $2.25 [4 bids]
WES MONTOGOMERY TRIO PORTRAIT OF WES RIVERSIDE SMJ-6202 Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $5.50 [4 bids]
15h
Kid Thomas & his Algiers Stompers - 1961 Riverside 365 US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Johnny "Hammond" Smith *Black Coffee* 1963 Stereo Riverside Vinyl LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Cannonball Adderley Sextet *Jazz Workshop Revisited* 1963 Stereo Riverside LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY GRIFFIN ~ BIG SOUL BAND ~ 1969 UK 8-TRACK STEREO LP ~ RIVERSIDE 673025 US $9.96 Buy It Now 15h 28m
ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS UGETSU RIVERSIDE SMJ-6164 Japan PROMO OBI LP US $3.25 [2 bids]
MONGO SANTAMARIA Mongo Soul LP 1969 Riverside RS-3045 latin boogaloo soul jazz US $9.99 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK BRILLIANT CORNERS RIVERSIDE SMJ-6136 Japan MONO PROMO OBI LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK QUARTET MISTERIOSO RIVERSIDE SMJ-6119 Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
Titans of the High Iron : Treasury of Great Steam Engines Riverside Stereo LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
BUDD JOHNSON and the four brass giants RIVERSIDE 9343, Clark Terry, Nat Adderley US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Freja Bluegrass Band - From Mountainlake To Riverside [CD New] US $10.40 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Music 1957 Riverside 60's stereo Ed LP Coltrane, Blakey US $18.99 Buy It Now 16h 10m
sounds of speed-LP RIVERSIDE-hot rods-sports cars-dragsters-go karts-racing-EX US $10.99 Buy It Now 16h 13m
JUNIOR MANCE TRIO HAPPY TIME RIVERSIDE VIJ-5049 Japan OBI PROMO Vinyl LP US $0.99 [1 bids]
(#US14) BOBBY TIMMONS LP - Sweet and Soulful Sounds / Riverside 422 US $4.99 [0 bids]
BILL EVANS TRIO WALTZ FOR DEBBY RIVERSIDE SMJ-6118 Japanese pressing Vinyl LP US $8.50 [4 bids]
BILL EVANS TRIO/KENNY DREW BLUE MONK RIVERSIDE VFC-3303 Japan Vinyl LP US $8.30 [4 bids]
King Oliver- Plays The Blues on Riverside Records RLP1007 10"LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Thelonious Monk Memorial Album LP prestige riverside US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Bob Wilber's Wildcats- Young Men With Horns on Riverside Records RLP 2501 10"LP US $74.99 Buy It Now 16h 44m
Lu Watters: 1947- The Yerba Buena Jazz Band on Riverside Records 2513 10"LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Riverside cd Chet Baker Sings It Could Happen To You US $6.50 Buy It Now 16h 58m
Roosevelt Wardell Trio-The Revelation-Rare Jazz LP-Riverside Mono DG-HEAR US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Riverside Jazz Sampler (CD 1988) US $8.30 [0 bids]
SKATE NOW SHING-A-LING - Lou Courtney 33RPM LP Riverside Records 92000 US $5.00 [0 bids]
UK - Harry Edison / Charlie S. - Complete at Midnight/Riverside Sessions CD New US $19.91 Buy It Now 17h 21m
CD Montgomery,Wes : Incredible Jazz Guitar, Riverside, Jazz Classics US $9.95 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Max Roach,Art Blakey,etc.-Soul Of Jazz Percussion-Rare Orig. Riverside LP-SEALED US $19.99 [0 bids]
ENUFF Z NUFF Newcastle Riverside 27th March 1990 Concert ticket stub US $1.66 [0 bids]
LOU COURTNEY - skate now b/w i can always tell - RIVERSIDE US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rare & Outstanding Examples of Early Jazz Collectors Items Vol 2 Riverside 10"LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
BUDD JOHNSON and the four brass giants LP VG+ RLP 343 Riverside 1960 Mono USA US $60.00 Buy It Now 17h 51m
RARE 1960'S UK RIVERSIDE / FONTANA EP - JOHNNY GRIFFIN - BIG SOUL BAND - EX US $16.61 [0 bids]
18h
RARE VG American Industrial Folk Songs Riverside RLP 12-607 LP US $23.99 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Lenny Herman & His Orchestra-Dance Party-Orig Riverside DG MONO LP- RLP 12-809 US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 16m
REX STEWART-JIMMY JONES "Ellingtonians" VERY RARE 1960 DG BLUE RIVERSIDE MONO LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 16m
JOE COURTNEY - do the thing b/w the man is lonely - RIVERSIDE US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Compositions Of DUKE ELLINGTON Rare Jazz Lp Original Riverside DG Mono Nice! US $14.95 Buy It Now 18h 19m
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY Jazz Vinyl Riverside DG Mono RLP 12-322 1OFAKIND LABEL L@@K! US $9.95 Buy It Now 18h 19m
Cannonball Adderley Poll-Winners Brown Montgomery Original Mono DG Riverside 355 US $49.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Mundell Lowe Quartet Exciting Modern Guitar RLP 12-204 Riverside Original Mono US $49.95 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Thelonious Monk-Two Hours With Thelonious-Riverside 460/461-2LP SET US $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Bob Gibson - Meetin' Here Tonight (1959 LP) RIVERSIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Thelonious Monk Septet - Monk Music Riverside Records SMJ 6207 v2.200 US $50.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single┤s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn┤t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you┤re a fan you┤ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"