CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudzi˝ski / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

RiversideRiverside
Green Leaf Records 2014
OneOne
Warner Bros / Wea 1992
Listen/Orq Riverside/Cuban Mambo/Tito Gomez/Panart/Bebo Valdes/Juanito Marquez US $32.00 Buy It Now 42m 19s
COLEMAN HAWKINS-MILT HINTON Session at Riverside RARE 1956 original CAPITOL MONO US $34.00 [0 bids]
ERNIE WILKINS jazz 45 THE HOOTER / THE LION ~ RIVERSIDE VG US $2.60 Buy It Now 1h 46m
BILL EVANS w/PAUL MOTIAN~MY HEART SINGS~RARE ORIG '62 RIVERSIDE STEREO LP~DG~NM US $100.00 [2 bids]
BILL EVANS ~NEW JAZZ CONCEPTIONS~RARE '56 RIVERSIDE MONO LP~2nd COVER~DG~NR MINT US $24.99 [1 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY QUINTET+~RARE ORIG '61 RIVERSIDE MONO LP~SHRINK~DG~VERY NICE US $14.99 [1 bids]
Charlie Byrd, Byrd's Word, Riverside Stereo 9448, VG++/VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Charlie Byrd, Latin Impressions, Riverside Stereo 9427, VG++/VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Charlie Byrd, Mr. Guitar, Riverside Stereo 9450, VG++/VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Charlie Byrd, Blues Sonata, Riverside Stereo 9453, VG++/VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Charlie Byrd, Bossa Nova Pelos Passaros, Riverside RM-436, Mono, VG+/VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Charlie Byrd, Byrd In The Wind, Riverside RLP-449, Mono, VG++/VG+ US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Charlie Byrd, At The Village Gate, Riverside RLP-467, Mono, VG++/VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
1955 THE MUNDELL LOWE QUARTET EXCITING MODERN GUITAR RIVERSIDE MONO 12-204 LP US $29.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
7" BILLY RILEY "NO NAME GIRL / DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE" SUN ORIGINAL US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
WES MONTGOMERY FUSION GUITAR RARE RIVERSIDE STEREO Sealed LP PRESSED IN GERMANY US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
NORK, New Orleans Rhythm Kings, Tin Roof Blues Volume II Riverside 146 Jazz LP US $3.00 [0 bids]
WES MONTGOMERY LP The best of wes montgomery Riverside jazz US $7.00 [1 bids]
LIVE Riverside Throwing Copper RARE Limited Live Import CD New Sealed Original! US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
RIVERSIDE LP #12-644 SONNY TERRY "and His Mouth Harp" US $9.98 [1 bids]
Wes Montgomery-Movin' Along-Riverside 342-MONO GREAT US $13.00 [3 bids]
EVANS BRADSHAW~PIECES OF 88~ULTRA-RARE ORIG '59 RIVERSIDE STEREO LP~NEAR MINT US $14.99 [1 bids]
4h
BEV KELLY LIVE AT THE COFFEE GALLERY RARE 1960 RIVERSIDE VINYL LP NM- US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 21m
A.L. LLOYD LP "AUSTRALIAN BUSH SONGS" RIVERSIDE RLP-12-606 US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE COMPOSITIONS OF DUKE ELLINGTON 1960,S LP(RIVERSIDE 93507 STEREO) US $8.95 Buy It Now 4h 35m
1984 Duke Ellington & Billy Strayhorn Piano Duets Great Times! Riverside OJC-108 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
HOW TO BE VERY VERY POPULAR-RIVERSIDE STEREO-RAY BARRETTO, NORO MORALES-SEALED US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h
SANDY SMITH Group 45 IN THE GROOVE / DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE ~ HIFI VG+ US $2.28 Buy It Now 5h 18m
JIMMY YANCEY~YANCEY'S GETAWAY~VERY RARE ORIG'56 RIVERSIDE WHITE LABEL MONO LP~DG US $14.99 [1 bids]
Thelonious Monk Septet Monk's Music Riverside 9242 US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Bev Kelly-Love Locked Out-Riverside 328-MONO NICE US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
MAX ROACH 1968 "Deeds, Not Words" LP (Riverside) NM- US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 51m
ORQUESTA RIVERSIDE - A DIVERTIRSE CON LA RIVERSIDE / SON MONTUNO / BRAVO RECORDS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Montgomery, Wes, Riverside Profiles Audio CD US $8.09 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Wes Montgomery "Movin' Along" Riverside RLP 342 (1960) VG+/VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rare Northern Soul 45 - Lou Courtney - Do The Thing - Riverside # 4589 - M- US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Jazz Riverside 12-342 Wes Montgomery " Movin' along " REPRO US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Jazz Riverside 12-222 0JC-102 Ernie Henry " A Remarkable New Jazz Talent " REPRO US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Jazz Riverside 12-241 0JC-029 Sonny Rollins " The Sound of Sonny " REPRO US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Jazz Riverside 1138 0JC-135 Thelonious Monk " At town hall " REPRO US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
The Wes Montgomery Trio-Same-Riverside 6080-JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Bobby Timmons - Soul Time on Riverside Records 334 US $32.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
SONNY TERRY & His Mouth Harp Riverside lp US $59.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
NAT ADDERLEY wCHARLIE ROUSE~THAT'S RIGHT~RARE ORIG '60 RIVERSIDE MONO LP~NM US $14.99 [0 bids]
NEW Led Zepplin Riverside Blues LP NIP ORANGE Vinyl Record 7 LIVE Tracks CLASSIC US $23.75 [0 bids]
METROPOLITAN CATHEDRAL CHOIR 80 Voices Sing 11 Hymns LP Riverside RLP 12-831 US $9.49 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Father joseph dustin-songs father taught me-riverside US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Johnny Hammond Smith-Open House!-Riverside 482-STEREO US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
charlie byrd promo latin impressions riverside 427 US $25.00 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Charlie Byrd Longing For Bahia/Softly 45 RPM Riverside US $7.00 Buy It Now 7h 14m
1 CENT CD: Calaita Flamenco Son s/t on UK Riverside label 2014 US $0.01 [1 bids]
Thelonious Monk "Monk In Action" Jazz LP Riverside 9262 US $40.00 Buy It Now 7h 32m
The Riverside Tenor Sessions [Box] by Thelonious Monk (CD, Oct-2000, 7 Discs,... US $749.99 Buy It Now 7h 32m
SESSION AT RIVERSIDE Capitol LP DENMARK PRESSING US $25.95 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Kenny Drew-This Is New-Riverside 141-JAPAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Cannonball Adderley With Milt Jackson / Things Are Getting Better - Riverside NM US $50.17 Buy It Now 7h 45m
Johnny Lytle Riverside 3017 Moon Child US $9.99 [0 bids]
8h
Kid Thomas and his Algiers Stompers 1950's LP..Riverside Label.Original US $11.69 [0 bids]
The Riverside Years by Thelonious Monk (CD, Jan-2013, 5 Discs, Not Now Music) US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 12m
Riverside Giants Of Jazz 2LP Riverside JET1A-B EX/EX 1960s double LP, vinyl is m US $21.75 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Piano Blues 1927 - 1933 LP Riverside RLP8809 NM/EX 1965 vinyl is mint and unplay US $204.95 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Wes Montgomery - Movin' Along on Riverside Records 342 US $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
The Cannonball Adderley Quintet At The Lighthouse on Riverside Records 344 US $34.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Meade Lux Lewis The Blues Piano Artistry of LP NM/NM on Riverside US $17.00 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Johnny Griffin The Big Soul Band LP VG++/NM on Riverside US $22.00 Buy It Now 8h 57m
THE COURIERS-NOTHING BUT..THE TRUTH-1963 WARNER BROS-DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE-VG++ US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 10m
THELONIOUS MONK+DONALD BYRD~TOWN HALL~RARE ORIG '59 RIVERSIDE MONO LP~DG~ US $19.99 [0 bids]
Rex Stewart and the Ellingtonians featuring Lawrence Brown Riverside RLP 144 US $2.00 [0 bids]
Tommy Ladnier, Blues and Stomps, Riverside RLP 154 Jazz LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Chicago Mob Scene: A Folk Music Jam Session LP Riverside 12-641 1957 US $28.98 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Randy Weston Trio-Get Happy-Riverside 12-203-MONO NICE US $59.99 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. Mariusz Duda180g vinyl LP Riverside,Porcupine Tree, Meshuggah US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. Mariusz Duda 180g vinyl Riverside, Porcupine Tree, Meshuggah US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R.180g LP LIMITED Riverside Porcupine Tree Tool King crimson US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda) VINYL LP Riverside, Opeth, Dream Theater TOOL US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. Mariusz Duda180g vinyl Riverside,Porcupine Tree, King Crimson US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda)180g vinyl LP Riverside, OPETH, TOOL Meshuggah US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Jay Hoggard (U.S. vibraphone jazz) Riverside Dance India Navigation LP '85 NM US $19.85 Buy It Now 10h 7m
Randy Weston/Cecil Payne-With These Hands-Riverside 12-214-NICE US $89.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Freedom Suite by Sonny Rollins (CD, Jun-2008, Riverside Records (Jazz)) US $6.87 Buy It Now 10h 34m
Ramsey Lewis (inst.) 1,2,3 boogaloo version / DOWN BY RIVERSIDE~ VG++ soul jazz US $6.54 Buy It Now 10h 42m
BILL EVANS TRIO Waltz For Debby SCOTT LaFARO Riverside SEALED VINYL LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Bill Evans Trio EVERYBODY DIGS BILL EVANS Riverside 1129 Stereo New Vinyl LP US $15.99 [0 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY ~ TAKES CHARGE ~ RIVERSIDE vinyl LP ~ RARE US $17.77 Buy It Now 11h 19m
ORQUESTA RIVERSIDE sonida ambiental SEALED LP US $21.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
RANDY WESTON "TRIO AND SOLO" w/ ART BLAKEY 1974 RIVERSIDE-JAPAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sounds of SEBRING 1962 Riverside 5027 Mono ORG HOT ROD LP in Shrink US $50.00 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 10 to 26 October 1977 paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 12h 15m
RIVERSIDE JAZZ ART BLAKEY UGETSU US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 28 Nov to 12 Dec 1977 paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 12h 30m
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY-Best of Adderley~RIVERSIDE 3038 [M] US $22.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 19 Sep to 10 Oct 1977 paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Morehouse College Quartette - OKEH 4887 -Down By the Riverside US $75.00 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Johnny 'Hammond' Smith Trio "Black Coffee" jazz record LP Riverside Powell album US $7.99 [0 bids]
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 3 Oct to 17 Oct 1977 paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 13h 5m
ZOOT SIMS - Zoot ~ RIVERSIDE 228 {nm} [ojc-228] w/Wilbur Ware, Nick Travis RARE US $27.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 9th January 1978 original paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Elvin Jones/Elvin!/Riverside/RLP9409/VG+/DG US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Riverside Cabaret Club Wigan Central Park 7 to 23 Nov 1977 original paper advert US $8.35 Buy It Now 13h 32m
Bill Evans/Interplay/Riverside/Japan/SMJ6150/NM US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 38m

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single┤s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn┤t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you┤re a fan you┤ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"