CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudziñski / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

Inside Out U.S. 2005
Memories In My HeadMemories In My Head
EP
Laser's Edge 2011
AMERICA I NEED YOU-RIVERSIDE 45 W PICTURE SLEEVE ROCK WB US $5.99 Buy It Now 33m 36s
Herbie Mann's Californians - Great Ideas Of Western Mann (Riverside) Vinyl LP US $35.00 Buy It Now 33m 46s
pc45-Jazz-Riverside 45457-Cannonball Adderley US $7.00 Buy It Now 38m 36s
pc45-Jazz-Riverside 4544-Charlie Byrd US $10.00 Buy It Now 39m 37s
pc45-Jazz-Riverside 4530-David Thorne US $10.00 Buy It Now 40m 30s
Don Friedman Trio - Circle Waltz LP RARE Japan Import Riverside Near Mint Vinyl US $19.99 [0 bids]
1h
Don Friedman Trio - Flashback LP RARE Japan Import Riverside Near Mint Vinyl US $19.99 [0 bids]
RLP King Oliver Plays The Blues 10" lp jazz riverside US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
CANNONBALL TAKES CHARGE: CANNONBALL ADDERLEY Quartet LP VINYL RIVERSIDE US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Vintage Charlie BYRD Riverside Blues Sonata Jazz Microgroove 9453 LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
JAMES CLAY & DAVID "FATHEAD" NEWMAN Wide Open Spaces LP RIVERSIDE 1178 STEREO US $5.00 [0 bids]
SIDNEY BECHET 12 Previously Unissued Recordings LP Riverside RLP149 PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Riverside Great Themes From Great Movies ERNEST MAXIN ORCHESTRA Vinyl Record US $5.00 [0 bids]
3h
Riverside Drive (CD) by Pete Holly US $0.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Thelonious Monk Quartet, "In Action," Riverside 12-262, DG, US $20.50 [2 bids]
SAM JONES The Soul Society (Riverside SMJ-6079) Japan LP w/insert VG++ wax US $9.99 [0 bids]
Riverside Reality Dream Trilogy Box Set import, excellent US $140.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Music from Riverside, - Christmas 1978, Riverside Choir, UK Vista US $4.99 [0 bids]
SONNY ROLLINS_SOUND OF SONNY_CD_AMG:4 1/2 STARS_RIVERSIDE_1957_20-BIT_REMASTERED US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
BILL EVANS-EVERYBODY DIGS-ORIGINAL-VINYL LP RECORD-RIVERSIDE RLP 291-BLUE REEL US $49.92 Buy It Now 5h 41m
RIVERSIDE CHAMBER SINGERS Madrigals Across Centuries LP Westminster WGS-8217 US $3.49 Buy It Now 6h 9m
THE ESSENTIAL SONNY ROLLINS ON RIVERSIDE COMPACT DISC / CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
EVERYBODY DIGS BILL EVANS CD 1987 AAD Riverside - PIANO US $11.30 Buy It Now 6h 59m
BUDD JOHNSON - & THE 4 BRASS GIANTS / N ADDERLEY (RIVERSIDE) LP US $31.95 Buy It Now 8h 12m
EDDIE LOCKJAW DAVIS - AFRO - JAWS NM M (RIVERSIDE OJC Reissue) LP US $34.50 Buy It Now 8h 12m
JOHNNY LYTLE - THE VILLAGE CALLER! (RIVERSIDE) LP US $37.95 Buy It Now 8h 12m
JUNIE C. COBB and His New Hometown Band LP RIVERSIDE Deep Groove STEREO US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 23m
WITNESS! DRAMATIC HIGHLIGHTS FROM CONG. HEARINGS, RIVERSIDE 2LPs, 7513/14, NM/NM US $18.95 Buy It Now 10h 10m
33RPM Vinyl JAZZ Record Guitar Moods by MUNDELL LOWE Riverside RLP 12-208 VG+ US $34.99 Buy It Now 11h 3m
STEREO STEW Some Distinctive Sounds Of American Life RIVERSIDE US $11.00 Buy It Now 13h 37m
THELONIOUS MONK plays Duke Ellington Rare Orig. Mono Riverside RLP 12-201 Jazz US $149.99 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Javaal(CD Single)Pear Shaped-Riverside Studios-UK- US $10.17 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Bob Gibson "Carnegie Concert" - Riverside Deep Groove Lp 12-816 US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Bob Wilber's Wildcats- Young Men With Horns on Riverside Records RLP 2501 10"LP US $49.99 [0 bids]
Earl "Fatha" Hines, A Monday Date, Riverside RLP 398, Jazz LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
Nat Adderley Sextet Riverside MONO 12-301 Much Brass M- DEEP GROOVE US $67.50 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Bill Evans Interplay Riverside RM 445 Mono, First Press, Hubbard, Very Rare US $50.00 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK IN ITALY RIVERSIDE RECORDS JAZZ VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $12.99 [0 bids]
Clay Walker If I Could Make A Living / Down By The Riverside 7" 45 rpm Giant NM US $3.30 Buy It Now 16h 40m
MEXICO 78rpm RECORD Victor PEDRO VARGAS & ORQUESTA HAVANA-RIVERSIDE Perfidia... US $74.99 Buy It Now 16h 49m
THE BEAT FARMERS ~ VAN GO EX+ VINYL + LYRIC INNER ~ POWDERFINGER, RIVERSIDE US $5.08 [0 bids]
CLARK TERRY QUINTET Serenade to a Bus Stop. Riverside Japan LP NM US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h
CITA CON RENE CABEL con la Orq. RIVERSIDE / ANTILLA MLP-568 US $18.00 Buy It Now 17h 10m
Good Bait / Fats Navarro & Tadd Dameron 33 rpm Riverside Record LP Vinyl Jazz US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 21m
ENUFF Z NUFF Newcastle Riverside 27th March 1990 Concert ticket stub US $1.70 [0 bids]
JAMES P. JOHNSON Early Harlem Piano Riverside Vinyl 1950's LP 10" US $19.98 Buy It Now 17h 36m
Wild Bill Davison SWEET AND HOT Riverside RLP 12-211 White Label Deep Groove US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 10m
Junior Mance Down On The Floor/Stormy 45 RPM RIVERSIDE US $6.00 Buy It Now 18h 11m
ART BLAKEY Caravan JAZZ LP JAPANESE PRESSING RIVERSIDE A/B MATRIX NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gene Mayal - Dixieland In Hi-Fi lp riverside rlp 12-210 US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Dukes of Dixieland - The Riverside New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 19h 12m
A FESTIVAL OF MALE CHOIRS HAYDN JAMES/THE RIVERSIDE CHOIR CDS US $9.99 [0 bids]
CYNTHIA GOODING Languages Of Love folk LP US 1950s orig Riverside 12-827 mono US $29.98 Buy It Now 19h 33m
GEORGE RUSSELL SEPTET Stratus Seekers LP US 1962 orig black Riverside R US $75.00 Buy It Now 19h 34m
JOHNNY GRIFFIN White Gardenia LP US 1961 orig Riverside 9387 Billie Holiday US $27.98 Buy It Now 19h 34m
TWO SERMONS by ROBERT J. McCRACKEN, PASTER, THE RIVERSIDE CHURCH, NYC - WORD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Wes Montgomery March 6,1925 - June 15, 1968 45 RPM Riverside US $14.00 Buy It Now 19h 34m
SOUNDS OF SEBRING RIVERSIDE 1962 RARE STERO LP US $50.00 Buy It Now 19h 48m
Thelonious monk alone in san francisco mono original riverside 12-312 vg+ US $65.00 Buy It Now 20h 3m
Ewan MacColl Scots Drinking Songs vinyl LP Riverside Records FOLK Lore US $65.00 Buy It Now 20h 29m
MARTYN GREEN, TREASURY OF RIBALDRY - RIVERSIDE LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Soul 45 David Thorne The Alley Cat Song / The Moon Was Yellow on Riverside US $5.00 Buy It Now 21h 30m
The Cannonball Adderley Quintet Plus LP Riverside # RLP 388 Stereo VG US $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Orquesta Riverside "Esto se pone Sabroso" US $1.95 [1 bids]
Buck Clayton, The Classic Swing, Riverside Jazz, RLP 142 US $18.90 Buy It Now 22h 17m
JAZZ BROTHERS Hey Baby LP Riverside white lbl MANGIONE US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
MARK MURPHY Angel Eyes/Stoppin The Clock 45 ~ VG+ Riverside DJ jazz 45 US $5.99 [0 bids]
terry lightfoot's jazzmen 7" king kong / riverside blues 1961 SCD2165 1U/1U VG++ US $5.08 Buy It Now 22h 22m
JEAN RITCHIE singing family of the cumberlands LP VG+ RLP 12-653 Riverside 1957 US $50.00 Buy It Now 22h 22m
JEAN RITCHIE saturday night and sunday too LP VG+ RLP 12-620 Riverside 1956 Mono US $75.00 Buy It Now 22h 26m
RIVERSIDE ;HISTORY OF CLASSIC JAZZ ;BOXED SET 5LP'S & BOOKLET US $9.99 [0 bids]
JIM ROBINSON'S NEW ORLEANS BAND COMPACT 33 DOUBLE/COVER(RIVERSIDE 2063 STEREO) US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Pit Stop: Behind The Scenes At A Sports Car Race LP - Riverside RLP 5003 SEALED US $19.99 [0 bids]
Griff Borgeson presents Bonneville 1960 LP - Riverside 5506 - - Stereo - SEALED US $39.99 [0 bids]
(CD) NOAM CHOMSKY - At Riverside Church NYC / June 12, 2009 / KPFA 94.1 US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Evans, Bill Riverside Profiles CD US $5.97 Buy It Now 23h 49m
Jumpin & Jivin At The Riverside Dirty Bird & The Riversiders CD NEW SEALED US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bobby Timmons-Born To Be Blue 1963 Riverside RS 9468 (Rare Jazz) VG+ US $7.99 [0 bids]
BUCK CLAYTON-Goin' To Kansas City (1960) Stereo RIVERSIDE LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
FORTISSIMO PAUL RENARD PIPE ORGAN RIVERSIDE STEREO LP # XK 8002RED VINYL N/M US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD: Second Life Syndrome - Riverside - Sealed US $26.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare BILL EVANS Portrait In Jazz SEALED MONO LP Storage Find Riverside 12-315 US $499.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAZZ-LITTLE ROCK GETAWAY / JOE SULLIVAN * RIVERSIDE RLP-158 US $2.00 [0 bids]
JAZZ-LITTLE ROCK GETAWAY / JOE SULLIVAN * RIVERSIDE RLP-158 US $2.00 [0 bids]
"Eleanor Roosevelt in Conversation with Ben Grauer" Riverside 1957 Spoken Word US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Philly Joe Jones Sextet Blues For Dracula Vinyl Riverside Records OJC Jazz US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Work Song by Nat Adderley (CD, Jun-2008, Riverside Records (Jazz) Japan Mini LP US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ED McCURDY "SONGS OF A BOLD BALLADEER" RECORD VINYL LP VG/VG RIVERSIDE 12828 US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Fortissimo Pipe Organ 12" LP Riverside Records XK 8002 Gatefold Red Vinyl VG++ US $19.98 [0 bids]
DON ELLIOTT LP w/ RUSTY DEDRICK Six 6 VALVES Riverside 10" Ten Inch Jazz US $129.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EVANS BRADSHAW TRIO Pieces Of Eighty Eight RIVERSIDE Jazz Vinyl LP MONO 1959 DG US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz ROD LEVITT ORCHESTRA LP Dynamic Sound Patterns RIVERSIDE US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Riverside - Memories In My Head CD LASERS EDGE US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Riverside - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves UK LP Vinyl Record US $46.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THELONIOUS MONK GERRY MULLIGAN Mulligan Meets Monk LP RIVERSIDE RLP 12-247 MONO US $53.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Picture Sleeve NANA MOUSKORI The White Rose of Athens 45+PS Riverside Greek US $8.70 Buy It Now 1 day
FATHER JOSEPH DUSTIN Songs Taught Me '61 RIVERSIDE ORIG STEREO JAZZ LP RARE US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Rich, Charlie - America, The Beautiful/Down By The Riverside (45,1976) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Thelonious Monk Riverside Jazz Giants Japan Vinyl EP 7" John Coltrane US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMEY AEBERSOLD - DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE: 15 TRADITIONAL DIXIELAND - NEW CD US $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single´s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn´t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you´re a fan you´ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"