CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudzi˝ski / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

Laser's Edge 2011
Rapid Eye MovementRapid Eye Movement
Inside Out Music 2007
HILLEL AND AVIVA LAND OF MILK AND HONEY RIVERSIDE LP US $6.00 [0 bids]
REX STEWART - AND THE ELLINGTONIANS W/ B. BIGARD EX NM (RIVERSIDE OJC) LP US $27.95 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Jazz 45 JOHNNY "HAMMOND" SMITH Monterey Theme on Riverside US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Brownie McGhee & Sonny Terry LP Lightnin' Hopkins and Down By The Riverside US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Hear Music Presents Riverside Jazz Label 1953-1964 Bill Evans, YusefLateef US $3.95 [0 bids]
Brilliant Corners [20bit Remaster] by Thelonious Monk (CD, 2001, Riverside) US $3.00 [2 bids]
Groove Yard - Jazz From The Riverside Vaults [CD New] US $11.93 Buy It Now 2h 38m
THELONIOUS MONK - Plays Duke Ellington ORIG. RIVERSIDE MONO LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Thelonious Monk RIVERSIDE YEARS Remastered BOX SET +20pg Booklet NEW SEALED 5 CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
THELONIOUS MONK QUARTET Misterioso RIVERSIDE RECORDS Sealed Vinyl LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
THE CANNONBALL ADDERLEY QUINTET Them Dirty Blues Riverside Rare Jazz US $9.99 [0 bids]
JAZZ FROM THE RIVERSIDE VAULTS / VARIOUS (UK) NEW CD US $24.77 Buy It Now 3h 50m
ROCKABILLY BILLY RILEY SUN 313 NO NAME GIRL/DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE NEAR MINT 45 US $32.99 [0 bids]
Fats Navarro Tadd Dameron - Good Bait LP - Riverside - Jazz US $13.52 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK - RIVERSIDE YEARS NEW CD US $40.93 Buy It Now 3h 57m
JACKIE McLean - STRANGE BLUES - RIVERSIDE PRST 7500 US $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
FATS WALLER - REDISCOVERED SOLOS - RIVERSIDE # 1010 - 10" LP US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Rollins,Sonny - Riverside Years [CD New] US $16.93 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Adderley,Cannonball - Riverside Profiles [CD New] US $9.48 Buy It Now 4h 37m
GEORGE BAKER SELECTION - DRINK DRINK / DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE * RARE TURKISH EDT. US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Sal Nistico Quintet Comin' on Up LP Riverside RM457 MONO US $7.00 [0 bids]
5h
Thelonious Monk - Brilliant corners LP Riverside RLP 12-226 1976 Japanese RI US $24.99 [0 bids]
Blue Mitchell-"Smooth as The Wind" 1961 Original RIVERSIDE DG MONO LP EXC.! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Cannonball Adderley-"African Waltz" 1961 Original RIVERSIDE DG MONO LP! US $9.99 [0 bids]
ORQUESTA RIVERSIDE-TITO GOMEZ/UNA NOCHE EN TROPICANA CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 5h 21m
LOT OF 2 AIR FORCE SOUND EFFECTS LP RECORD ALBUMS AUDIO FIDELITY RIVERSIDE US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
MONO INTERNATIONAL FOLK LP - VARIOUS ARTISTS - RIVERSIDE 1421 -"EVERYBODY SING!" US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
ORQUESTA RIVERSIDE-TITO GOMEZ/ME VOY A PINAR DEL RIO CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 5h 26m
RAFFI: BANANAPHONE [DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE,NATURALLY,SHAKE A TOE,COWLIT NIGHT++] US $7.98 Buy It Now 5h 30m
LIVE ~ 3 TRACK CD ~ LAKINI.S JUICE / PAIN LIES ON THE RIVERSIDE / SELLING DRAMA US $4.69 Buy It Now 5h 35m
RIVERSIDE - SHRINE OF NEW GENERATION SLAVES: LIMITED (IMPORT) NEW CD US $50.94 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Wes Montgomery Fried Pies 45 Jazz RIVERSIDE jazz US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
OSCAR BRAND G.I. American Army Songs ORIGINAL RIVERSIDE LP RLP 12-639 VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
R&B 45 THE SERENADERS "Two Lovers Make One Fool" Riverside HEAR US $9.99 [0 bids]
Odetta - Odetta Sings The Blues lp Riverside R/S-3007 US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
WES MONTGOMERY March 6, 1925-June 15, 1968 LP 1969 Riverside VG+ US $10.99 [0 bids]
7/15 The Riverside Boys Self Titled Southern Gospel LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Jimmy Blythe's State Street Ramblers on Riverside Records RLP 1036 10" US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
VAUGHN -DANNY VAUGHN - REPRISE - 2 CD/Soldiers & Sailors On Riverside & Fearless US $39.99 [0 bids]
Custom Fidelity Cymbals of Sound Ken Rasner Riverside California EXCELLENT US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Nat Adderley Sextet - Much Brass LP orig Riverside mono DG US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
ALEC WILDER Songs For Patricia Shannon Bolin Riverside mono dg LP Milton Kaye US $19.97 Buy It Now 7h 11m
CHARLIE BYRD TRIO The Village Vanguard RARE EXC 1963 DG RIVERSIDE MONO LP Promo US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Horace Silver - Compositions Of LP RIVERSIDE US $13.99 [0 bids]
Brian Eno live Riverside Studios 20 April 1986 very small poster print A5 size US $25.57 Buy It Now 7h 32m
LP - New Orleans Horns - Featuring King Oliver, Louis Armstrong 10" Riverside US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
MARK MURPHY LP THATS HOW I LOVE THE BLUES UK RIVERSIDE ORIG SIGNED BY M.MURPHY US $49.45 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Cyril Ritchard ALICE IN WONDERLAND Riverside 4- lp book US $49.00 Buy It Now 8h
RARE 1960'S UK RIVERSIDE / FONTANA EP - JOHNNY GRIFFIN - BIG SOUL BAND - EX US $17.06 [0 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY Know What I Mean LP Riverside Japan US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 27m
The Greatest 500 Sound Report of the 1961 Indy LP - Riverside RLP 5513 SEALED US $12.77 [0 bids]
The Wes Montgomery Trio -Self-Titled- (RLP 310) Riverside 1959 VG++ MONO US $45.00 Buy It Now 8h 51m
BOMB POPS - GIRL DAREDEVIL & RIVERSIDE - 7" VINYL - TURNTABLE FRIEND RECORDS US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
Various CHICAGO THE LIVING LEGENDS 2-LP Riverside 1961 (Vol's 1 US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 23m
JOHNNY LYTLE Moon Child LP RIVERSIDE RS-3017 NM- US $4.99 [0 bids]
Montgomery,Wes - Complete Riverside Recordings [CD New] US $135.00 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Hip Bachelor Pad Mood Jazz LP THE KNIGHTSBRIDGE Strings Big Beat LP Riverside US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 56m
The Race Mercedes-Benz 1937 - 1955 LP - Riverside 5020 - Auto Racing - Etched US $12.77 [0 bids]
45 rpm-Cannonball Adderley-Jive Samba/ Lillie-Riverside 4541 rare US $2.25 [0 bids]
LP Album..Sidney Bechet & Albert Nicholas..Riverside 12-216 US $28.50 [0 bids]
Clark Terry-Duke With A Difference-Riverside Vinyl Record LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
RIVERSIDE RS-3036 EX/EX Wes Montgomery "March 1925-June 1968"gf LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
XANADU The Last Sunrise NEW CD PROG Porcupine Tree, Sylvan, Riverside, Pendragon US $9.99 [0 bids]
11h
BILLIE AND DEDE PIERCE VOCAL BLUES ON RIVERSIDE RECORDS # 370 VG++ VINYL. US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Robert Johnson Crossroad Blues & Travelling Riverside Blues on Aldabra 10" 45RPM US $19.99 [0 bids]
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda) 180g vinyl Riverside Porcupine Tree Opeth Tool US $34.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda) 180g vinyl Riverside Porcupine Tree PROG METAL US $34.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda) 180g AUDIOPHILE LP VINYL Riverside Opeth TOOL US $34.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
LUKA BLOOM Selections From Riverside PROMO CD SAMPLER Delirious RESCUE MISSION US $26.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
MILT JACKSON SEXTET ~ INVITATION 1962 RIVERSIDE RM 446 MONO 1ST PRES LP / RECORD US $19.99 [0 bids]
Dukes Of Dixieland CD "Down By The Riverside" like-new cond 10 Vintage songs US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 29m
PORTRAIT OF CANNONBALL / JULIAN ADDERLY QUINTET/JAZZ BOP / RIVERSIDE SMJ-6083M US $19.99 [0 bids]
Kid Thomas and His Algiers Stompers Featuring Emile Barnes LP Riverside 386 US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Riverside Records "Folk Song Sampler" RIVERSIDE RECORDS #S-2 VARIOUS LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 12h 57m
JIMMY YANCEY MEADE LUX LEWIS Riverside History Of Classic Jazz Vol 5 US $13.00 Buy It Now 13h 3m
Sidney Bechet In Memoriam Vinyl LP Riverside Label RLP138 US $20.45 Buy It Now 15h 16m
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY! AFRICAN WALTZ- RIVERSIDE 377 LP!! US $16.73 Buy It Now 15h 35m
GEORGE BAKER SELECTION - DRINK DRINK DRINK / DOWN BY RIVERSIDE 7" TURKISH RARE US $35.00 Buy It Now 15h 37m
THE COMPOSITIONS OF HORACE SILVER ~ Riverside 3509 BLUE label MONO jazz LP EXC US $16.19 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Sweet Emma & Her Dixieland Boys with Jim Robinson, Riverside RLP 364 LP US $12.00 [0 bids]
Luka Bloom - Selections From Riverside - Promo Only CD Single (PRO-CD-3990) US $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 36m
Virgil Fox Organ of Riverside Church New York 1950s EP Vinyl Record (VG+) Gospel US $18.00 [0 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK - DEFINITIVE THELONIOUS MONK ON PRESTIGE & RIVERSIDE NEW CD US $24.40 Buy It Now 19h 56m
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY~"African Waltz"Riverside RLP-9377 STEREO LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 20h
RARE Billy Taylor with four flutes Riverside 1151 Frank Wess Herbie Mann US $11.99 [0 bids]
Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane - The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings 2CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Milt Jackson, For Someone I Love, Riverside 9478 ? US $9.00 Buy It Now 22h 6m
The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings [Digipak] 2CD by Thelonious Monk NEW US $3.35 Buy It Now 23h 7m
MUGGSY SPANIER and His Bucktown Five - 10" Riverside red vinyl LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
Javaal(CD Single)Pear Shaped-Riverside Studios-UK- US $10.99 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Chet by Chet Baker (Trumpet/Vocals/Composer) (CD, 1987, Riverside) Mint #BR35 US $9.33 Buy It Now 23h 36m
VIRGIL FOX At RIVERSIDE CHURCH ORGAN '61/FRENCH Organ Music/CAPITOL EP St LP/EX! US $2.88 [0 bids]
RANDY WESTON Trio And Solo JAPAN LP Jazz RIVERSIDE Sam Gill ART BLAKEY Piano 55 US $23.99 Buy It Now 23h 49m
Clem McCarthy Voice of American Sports 1950's Riverside SPOKEN WORD Sealed LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
PEDRO VARGAS perfidia /ORQUESTA HAVANA RIVERSIDE nancy RCA VICTOR 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cannonball Adderley Sextet Jazz Workshop Revisited Riverside RS 9444 Stereo LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Cannonball Adderley With Milt Jackson Things Are Getting Better Riverside LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco Riverside 12-311 LP mono DG jazz US $5.99 [0 bids]
Bix Beiderbecke and The Wolverines Riverside RLP 12-123 LP DG jazz vinyl US $5.99 [0 bids]
Nat Adderley and The Big Sax Section That's Right! Riverside RLP 330 LP mono US $5.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single┤s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn┤t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you┤re a fan you┤ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"