CONCEIVING YOU

Good, but non-essential

Buy RIVERSIDE Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2005

1. Conceiving You (3:43)
2. I Turned You Down (4:38)
3. The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band (Unreleased Track) (3:02)

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You lyrics

Search RIVERSIDE Conceiving You tabs

- Mariusz Duda / bass, vocals
- Piotr Grudzi˝ski / guitars
- Piotr Kozieradzki / drums
- Michal Lapaj / keyboards

EP-CD Mystic Production MYST022 (2005)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

RIVERSIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RIVERSIDE Conceiving You Music

OneOne
Warner Bros / Wea 1992
Voices in My HeadVoices in My Head
Inside Out U.S. 2006
MILT JACKSON - BAGS AND BRASS 1966 RIVERSIDE RS 3021 SHRINK US $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 34s
The Wes Montgomery Trio -Self-Titled- (RLP 310) Riverside 1959 VG++ MONO US $45.00 Buy It Now 48m 21s
WES MONTGOMERY**RIVERSIDE PROFILES (REMASTERED)**2 CD'S US $6.50 Buy It Now 54m 51s
KENNY DORHAM JAZZ CONTRASTS w/SONNY ROLLINS~MAX ROACH~ 1957 RIVERSIDE (OJC) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY SEXTET~PLANET EARTH~ORIG 1969 RIVERSIDE LP~LATEEF~ZAWINUL US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Mongo Santamaria - Explosion LP Riverside Stereo US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. (Mariusz Duda) 180g vinyl Riverside Porcupine Tree Opeth Tool US $34.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Hip Bachelor Pad Mood Jazz LP THE KNIGHTSBRIDGE Strings Big Beat LP Riverside US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
DICK MORGAN TRIO See What I Mean? 1960 mono LP Riverside RLP 347 deep groove US $9.98 [1 bids]
THELONIOUS MONK Monk's Music 1957 mono LP Riverside RLP 12-242 deep groove US $18.50 [5 bids]
PEPPER ADAMS- 10 To 4 At the Five Spot -Riverside 1104 M- - Black label stereo US $20.00 [0 bids]
BILLIE AND DEDE PIERCE VOCAL BLUES ON RIVERSIDE RECORDS # 370 VG++ VINYL. US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
THELONIOUS MONK MONKS MUSIC vinyl lp RIVERSIDE 12-242 US $19.99 [1 bids]
EDDIE "CLEAN HEAD" VINSON "BACK DOOR BLUES" ~ RIVERSIDE JAZZ R&B 45 ~ "HEAR" US $9.99 [0 bids]
BILLY TAYLOR With Four Flutes STEREO LP Riverside BLACK Label HERBIE MANN US $34.95 Buy It Now 3h 42m
BLUE MITCHELL Smooth as the Wind ORIGINAL Riverside 9367 DG Stereo LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
CLAUDE BOLLING NEW ORLEANS JAZZMEN Riverside Blues/Dipper Mouth Blues BLUE STAR US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Kid Thomas and His Algiers Stompers Featuring Emile Barnes LP Riverside 386 US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Riverside Records "Folk Song Sampler" RIVERSIDE RECORDS #S-2 VARIOUS LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
JOHNNY 'HAMMOND' SMITH -A Little Taste ~RIVERSIDE 9496 {nm orig} wJones US $72.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
JIMMY YANCEY MEADE LUX LEWIS Riverside History Of Classic Jazz Vol 5 US $13.00 Buy It Now 5h
Abbey Lincoln, Abbey Is Blue LP, Riverside OJC-069, Excellent US $5.99 [1 bids]
EDISON 78/Lopez&Hamilton Orch-"Bluin' The Blues"/Lenzberg Riverside Orch./E US $3.00 [0 bids]
EDISON 78/Lenzberg's Riverside Orchestra/E US $2.50 [0 bids]
PHILLY JOE JONES SHOWCASE 1st RIVERSIDE 12-313 LP DG Mono Blue Mitchell MINT- US $83.99 [0 bids]
RIVERSIDE TRIO MY BABY'S GONE ROCKABILLY 10"LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 12m
HOT ROD FOLK LP - PAUL O'SHEA - SING A SONG OF SPORTS CAR - RIVERSIDE RLP 5019 US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 52m
VG++ RARE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ LP - KID THOMAS & HIS ALGIERS STOMPERS RIVERSIDE 365 US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
MILT JACKSON BIG BAGS~ORIG 1960s RIVERSIDE LP~DAMERON~WILKINS US $12.50 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Bill Evans Recorded Live at Shelley Manne Hole - Riverside Records US $14.52 [0 bids]
BING & GARY CROSBY "DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE" 45 - VG++ US $1.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
THELONIOUS MONK - DEFINITIVE THELONIOUS MONK ON PRESTIGE & RIVERSIDE NEW CD US $22.82 Buy It Now 12h 27m
RAFAEL HERNANDEZ * PRECIOSA Y OTOS EXITOS * JOE VALLE, ORQ. RIVERSIDE more US $3.49 [0 bids]
Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane - The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings 2CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 5m
Milt Jackson, For Someone I Love, Riverside 9478 ? US $9.00 Buy It Now 14h 3m
CHARLIE BYRD TRIO The Village Vanguard RARE EXC 1963 DG RIVERSIDE MONO LP Promo US $30.00 Buy It Now 14h 12m
JACK LEMMON Reads E.B White's HERE IS NEW YORK Riverside US $3.99 [1 bids]
The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings [Digipak] 2CD by Thelonious Monk NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Riverside 12-270: Joe Albany "The Right Combination" Warne Marsh DG beautiful NM US $74.99 [0 bids]
CD: LOVE A LITTLE STRONGER - Diamond Rio (1994 Arista) "Down By The Riverside" US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Javaal(CD Single)Pear Shaped-Riverside Studios-UK- US $10.29 Buy It Now 15h 20m
Yusef Lateef,Riverside 9337,"The Centaur And The Phoenix",US,LP,stereo,1st press US $12.99 [0 bids]
VAUGHN-Soldiers And Sailors On The Riverside JAPAN CD w/OBI [PCCY-01459] Tyketto US $19.99 [0 bids]
Riverside The Soul of Jazz 1961 Hi-Fi Wes Montgomery LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m
Charlie Byrd Trio:Byrd At The Gate/Riverside RM 467/deep groove VG++ LP/jazz US $7.99 [0 bids]
Johnny Lytle Trio:Got That Feeling!/Riverside 9456 Stereo/jazz US $7.99 [0 bids]
Jean Ritchie and Oscar Brand Folk LP on Riverside #RLP 12-646 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Thelonious Monk Quartet Plus Two At The Blackhawk LP Riverside RLP1171 VG/VG US $8.00 [1 bids]
Milt Jackson Orchestra-Big Bags-Riverside 9429-STEREO US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Bossa Nova Pelos Passaros [Remaster] by Charlie Byrd (CD, Oct-2002, Riverside Re US $59.99 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Cannonball Adderley - African Waltz **UK First Press W/Label Riverside RLP 377** US $19.36 [0 bids]
Thelonious Monk - Riverside Years [CD New] US $14.51 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Jimmy Heath Triple Threat vinyl LP Riverside Records EX Freddie Hubbard US $40.00 Buy It Now 17h 59m
"Know What I Mean?" Cannonball Adderly w/ Bill Evans - Riverside RLP 9433 US $5.00 [0 bids]
Trigger Alpert Trigger Happy! Absolutely All-Star Seven mono LP Riverside RL 225 US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 42m
History of Classic Jazz: 1957 Orig 5xLP Box Set w/book insert Riverside SDP 11 US $225.00 Buy It Now 18h 54m
C6-39 Vinyl Record Album 45 Riverside The Staple Singers Cottonfields This Land! US $31.95 Buy It Now 19h 5m
COLEMAN HAWKINS - "SESSION AT RIVERSIDE" LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
World War I Fighter Planes In Action - Riverside Stereo 95508 US $17.56 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Art Blakey Ugetsu vinyl LP Riverside Records EX US $12.00 Buy It Now 19h 31m
Funk Soul Lou Courtney Riverside 4589 M-/EX US $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 46m
Max Roach DEEDS, NOT WORDS Riverside Records NEW SEALED Vinyl LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Kings of Classic Jazz LP Riverside Armstrong Morton US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 16m
THE COLOR RED-Below The Under-ALIEN ANT FARM-Riverside,Ca-GRUNGE-Hard-ROCK-Cd US $9.29 Buy It Now 20h 17m
SILHOUETTES Virgil Fox plays Aeolian-Skinner Organ Riverside Church, NYC, HiFi US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m
MARK MURPHY ~ THAT'S HOW I SING THE BLUES ~ RIVERSIDE NM VINYL LP US $22.77 Buy It Now 21h 7m
RIVERSIDE GIANTS OF JAZZ 2xLP Compilation VG/VG Thelonius Monk etc US $12.10 Buy It Now 21h 10m
Meade Lux Lewis-Blues Piano Artistry Of-Riverside 402-MONO US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 17m
RIVERSIDE - ANNO DOMINI HIGH DEFINITION - OFFICAIL RUSSIAN ISSUE BRAND NEW US $24.95 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Harry Sweets Edison/Eddie Lockjaw Davis-Jawbreakers-Riverside 9430-STEREO SHRINK US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Sheer Flamenco! The Voice and Guitar of Anita Sheer - Riverside Specialy - Mono US $14.95 [0 bids]
Milt Jackson-Big Bags-Riverside 429-MONO US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
THELONIOUS MONK - FIVE BY FIVE - ORIG. D.G. RIVERSIDE 12-305 12" LP - NM! US $33.00 [5 bids]
Thelonious Monk - 5 by 5 early RIVERSIDE 12-305 Microphone & Tape Deck Labels US $24.99 [1 bids]
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY SEXTET The Jive Samba 45 RIVERSIDE 4541 Soul JAZZ 1963 Hear US $22.22 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Riverside "Live"CD US $8.20 Buy It Now 22h 35m
HERB STRAUSS Folk Music For People That Hate Folk Music RIVERSIDE LP NM/NM-! US $15.00 Buy It Now 22h 38m
Spider Johnson - Doin The Popeye / The Gospel Truth (Riverside 4522) US $5.00 Buy It Now 23h 11m
MARK MURPHY FLY AWAY MY SADNESS/ IT'S LIKE LOVE/45 RPM RIVERSIDE RECORDS US $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 19m
CHARLIE BYRD TRIO AND WOODWINDS BYRD IN THE WIND JAZZ RIVERSIDE LABEL LP US $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Riverside Profiles - Wes Montgomery New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 23h 23m
KENNY DORHAM with SONNY ROLLINS Jazz Contrasts RIVERSIDE OJC Reissue LP US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cannonball Adderley Quintet "In San Francisco" Riverside Records Jazz Nat US $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Ramsey Lewis LATIN SOUL 45 One Two Three / Down by the Riverside US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Everybody Sing RIVERSIDE WONDERLAND RECORDS #1421 "International Songs Vol.4" LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Pegram Walter Parham Pickin' and Blowin' Riverside 650 Banjo US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OLIVER & JELLY ROLL MORTON "BACK O' TOWN" mono Riverside 12-130 (1956) US $41.00 [0 bids]
Jazz Funk 45 CANNONBALL ADDERLY African Waltz on Riverside US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Fondy in New Orleans by Fondy Riverside Bullet Band (CD, Dec-2000, GHB Records) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ODETTA AND THE BLUES LP RIVERSIDE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CANNONBALL ADDERLEY SEXTET~PLANET EARTH~ORIG 1969 RIVERSIDE LP Record Vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
Charlie Byrd - Softly / Longing For Bahia 7" Vinyl 45 RF-4556 Riverside RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
America "Self Titled" Green Warner Bros. 1971 ""Riverside" US $5.79 [0 bids]
ODETTA AND THE BLUES - Fantasy / Riverside / "Original Blues Classics" / VG+++ US $4.99 [1 bids]
AMERICA: Riverside/I Need You rock vinyl US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RIVERSIDE - ANNO DOMINI HIGH DEFINITION (IMPORT) NEW CD US $28.92 Buy It Now 1 day
the Zoot Sims Quintet: Zoot! Riverside OJC-228 80's reissue, no UPC US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OLIVER & LOUIS ARMSTRONG "AND HIS CREOLE JAZZ BAND" Imp. Fontana/Riverside US $51.00 [0 bids]
JOE ALBANY: The Legendary Pianist (Jazz & Blues Riverside RS-3023 Vinyl LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Riverside Battle Songs - Ollabelle New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $14.31 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy RIVERSIDE music online Buy RIVERSIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RIVERSIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You ratings distribution

RIVERSIDE Conceiving You reviews

Review by OpethGuitarist
2 stars Riverside single with only one track we are not familiar with, so I'll serve my time concerning myself with that one track.

The beginning starts with an up tempo riff that we will see carried throughout much of this song, which reminds me somewhat of the single Out of Myself, in that we see the same patterns repeated over and over again. I am not really sure of the point of the extremely long title, maybe it's some kind of inside joke, or I am not keen to the scoop on Riverside.

Overall it's a song that's ok, but seems like more could be built off it than the short piece that it is. There's really not much here, and I'm a bit dissapointed that this is a release as it contains two songs on full length albums and there isn't much else to add.

Send comments to OpethGuitarist (BETA) | Report this review (#95474) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I have once mentioned my astonishment and my inclination of not having single releases available for review. But as always, when such a "progressive" remark hits the structure of this site, the same and boring comment gets back : "We have decided that singles have the rights to be reviewed and they will remain so".

So...

Anyway, this "Riverside" single won't add anything to your discography (like most of the singles available for a review though).

This one features two songs from their second official release "Second Life Syndrome ". Both "Conceiving You" and "I Turned You Down" do not belong to the best of the "Riverside" repertoire. More on the soft side of the band. So, depending on which side of their songs you prefer, I guess that you would either like them or just find them useless.

The most interesting song, in my view, is "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band " (what a long title for such a short song...).

It is a repetitive and strong instrumental number. Nothing brilliant, but it gives a kick to the whole and breaks the "dormant" mood of this release.

Two stars. For fans only.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139634) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Conceiving You is a single from the second album Second Life Syndrome (2005) by Polish act Riverside. In my opinion a single┤s primary function is to promote the album from which it came. This purpose is fulfilled here. But other than this primary function I expect some extra material that will make the single a worthy purchase even though I have the album. The latter is questionable here even though we get two new songs.

The music that Riverside play is very symphonic in nature. The symphonic rock is spiced up with some occasional metal elements. Here on Conceiving You the metal elements are not that dominant though. The two tracks Conceiving You and I Turned You Down are both pleasant beautiful symphonic/ progressive rock songs. The last song The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band is just an instrumental jam that never really gets impressive.

The production is good and the musicians are very good. Mariusz Duda can never be praised enough for his strong and emotional vocal delivery.

I wouldn┤t say the Conceiving You single is that exciting for anyone else but the fans, but of course if you┤re a fan you┤ll probably have to have this one. A 2.5 star rating is warranted. The quality is good but the actual value of the single if you already own Second Life Syndrome is pretty low.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166598) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 14, 2008

Review by memowakeman
2 stars I've been conceiving you!

One of the most recognized bands from Poland in the last years, Riverside which despite being labeled as progressive metal (a genre I do not follow) I enjoy a lot. This is the single off their "Second Life Syndrome" album, called "Conceiving You" which was released parallel to the studio album back in 2005.

From that studio album they took of course Conceiving You and track six called "I Turned You Down", a couple of short but interesting tracks, both are nice pieces which I like. The first has good piano and guitars along with those great vocals; while the second comprises a great bass sound along with a very good use of the other instruments.

The new track here has a long title, "The Piece Reflecting the Mental State of One of the Members of Our Band" a curious title of course. This is a three-minute instrumental passage, like a jamming, with fast guitars and drums, cool keyboards as background, but nothing really special.

Just a decent twelve-minute single, recommended for Riverside fans.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#286227) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by snobb
2 stars Three-songs EP isn't very attractive purchase after Second Life Syndrome was released: two melancholic songs came from album, and only new composition there on this EP is guitar-driven energetic but too raw and unfinished instrumental.

Riverside is one of great heavy prog (or soft metal) modern band for me, but not because of such mid tempo nostalgic compositions, as two first EP songs. Vocals are great, musicianship is very competent as well, but Riverside really can play better music.

If you have Second Life Syndrome album yet I can't imagine any reason you could be interested in this EP. Obviously release for collectors only.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#300487) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 25, 2010

2 stars (5/10) I really only got this for the previously unreleased song "The Piece Reflecting The Mental State Of One Of The Members Of Our Band", and it was a somewhat of a let down to be honest. Perhaps I'm expecting too much of a minor single, but with a long title like that I was hoping for somethin ... (read more)

Report this review (#1025134) | Posted by ScorchedFirth | Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This one consists of 2 tracks from the second studio album of Riverside, "Second Life Syndrome", and 1 new track. There is not much to say here about this one. If you own SLS, you already know that "Conceiving You" and "Turned You Down" are two excellent tracks. What I realised listening to ... (read more)

Report this review (#95556) | Posted by sularetal | Tuesday, October 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RIVERSIDE "Conceiving You"