STALINGRAD

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Bachdenkel Stalingrad album cover

Buy BACHDENKEL Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. The Whole World (Looking Over My Shoulder) (3:37)
2. After The Fall (4:27)
3. Seven Times Tomorrow (3:56)
4. For You To Live With Me (3:23)
5. The Tournament (2:52)
6. (It's Always) Easy To Be Hard (4:46)
7. Xenophon (4:51)
8. Ctalingpad (3:30)
9. Stalingrad (4:33)

10. You Lied About Your Age (The Unreleased Singles) (3:11)
11. Ring Of Truth (The Unreleased Singles) (2:55)
12. Sirocco (The Unreleased Singles) (2:58)

13. Ctalingrad (Studio Live) (3:23)
14. After The Fall (Studio Live) (5:35)
15. For You To Live With Me (Studio Live) (4:38)
16. Seven Times Tomorrow (Studio Live) (6:50)
17. Through The Eyes Of A Child (Archives) (4:01)
18. An Appointment With The Master (Archives) (3:39)
19. Bo Bo's Party (Live, Cannes '75, Extract) (6:11)

Search BACHDENKEL Stalingrad lyrics

Search BACHDENKEL Stalingrad tabs

- Colin Swinburne / guitar, organ, piano
- Peter Kimberley / 6 string bass, piano
- Brian Smith / drums

With:
- Karel Beer / electric 12-string guitar, slide
- Irv Howray / vocals (7)
- Andy Scott / ARP synthesizer

LP SPM - SPM-WWR-CD-0010 (1977)

and to marty mcfly for the last updates

BACHDENKEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BACHDENKEL Stalingrad Music

Lemmings + StalingradLemmings + Stalingrad
Minority Records
StalingradStalingrad
Spm 1991
Audio CD$10.99 (used)

More places to buy BACHDENKEL music online Buy BACHDENKEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BACHDENKEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BACHDENKEL Stalingrad ratings distribution

BACHDENKEL Stalingrad reviews

Review by greenback
4 stars The very good lead singer has a tone right between Kansas' and Neal Morse. The miscellaneous electric guitar arrangements are very original: the comparison with Steve Hillage is often quite valuable: Hillage however sounds more spacy and extravagant. The keyboards are rarely used: indeed the guitar-driven tracks do not justify the presence of organ and piano: they are rather used in a few specific tracks. Compared to their previous Lemmings album, here they are more elaborated, sructured and less psychedelic. There are many parts that have an excellent complex punk tendency: I even find some Neu! similarities, regarding some of the drums and electric guitar sounds, especially on the "Stalingrad" track. Obviously, they are 100 times better than Neu!, since their compositions remain very respectable and structured. The album globally is moderately progressive, psychedelic and it never falls into a deja vu rock/hard rock style.

Send comments to greenback (BETA) | Report this review (#123459) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 26, 2007

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars UPDATE - May 2012 The impression this album makes on me, the depth of its backing story (concept album, of a special kind) is something you (or I for that matter) don't come across too often. There is overall musical theme (probably signature sound of the band), but that's just backbone of Сталинград, the point I am about to make is that each song fits perfectly to the mood its lyrics are establishing. Each is unique.

"with no one to fight for they die""

You can simply close your eyes and imagine (or rather try to imagine, as the horrors of Eastern Front cannot be fully understood) how it was back then.

"eagle is falling his wings has been mastered"

Maybe my awe I pay to this album is boosted by the fact that I am big history (especially 20th century) buff and studied as much about Second World War as I could, maybe because I am always moved a lot by strong concept albums or just that it is very melodic, yet complex album, killer combination that never fails to entertain me. It all can also be caused by this album being more closer to my "home" turf - Crossover Prog than their first one about furry rodents. But this all together ? Hell yeah.

OLD REVIEW - June 2009

Stalingrad is a tale. This is very important when rating this album. Among those which I listened recently, I must say that name "Bachdenkel" sounds terrible so I wasn't very keen on listening to it. But CMA/\NGPAB (or how to say it) sounds good to me. History is something I like. I can't help myself, but the name of the band sounds very German-ish. There's nothing like that amongst their sounds. Among other less known bands from these times, Bach. are one of the best ones.

Why the best ? Well, it's because their music is something which I imagine as average prog rock band. Very 70's music, ambitious album (even without long tracks). I can barely describe this feeling, but I'm very pleased. They just fulfilled my expection. Track to track, story keeps telling itself and you can use it as your main concern (to truly listen to this music) or as "ambient" background (well, who is actually doing this?).

4(+)Better not to say more. Four stars because I'm not dissapointed by this. Not even a little bit, which is quite unusual. But note that first half is almost perfect, while second loses a little bit.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#223988) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 30, 2009

3 stars For me the debut is a lot better than this one.The first one has more of a Psyche vibe to it while this is more Symphonic.This second one was released in 1977 and for me it's not just the overall feel that makes me prefer the debut, but the songs are better too. Also the sound quality on this one isn't that great at times.

"The Whole World (Looking Over My Shoulder)" is mellow with reserved vocals to start. Guitar and drums become prominant just before 2 minutes when the vocals stop briefly. "After The Fall" has more energy with vocals. I like the instrumental section after 1 1/2 minutes. "Seven Times Tomorrow" shifts tempos often.This sounds like it might have been a single, it's very good. "For You To Live With Me" is okay but i'm not a fan of the way he sings here.

"The Tournament" has almost spoken vocals and it's not very melodic. An experimental tune. "(It's Always) Easy To Be Heard" is the best sounding song on here although it's not as good when it settles around 1 1/2 minutes.We get a guitar solo 3 minutes in. "Xenophone" is a vocal/piano led track. It's okay and it does get fuller. "Ctalingrad" puts the focus on the vocals in this laid back number with lots of outbreaks. It's alright. "Stalingrad" is the closing instrumental. It builds and I really like the drum work. Guitar comes to the fore around 3 minutes.

Barely 3 stars and i'll stick with their excellent debut.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#546052) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 08, 2011

Post a review of BACHDENKEL "Stalingrad"