Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

1. Ocean Planet (5:32)
2. Backbone (4:18)
3. From the Sky (5:48)
4. Unicorn (2:09)
5. Where Dragons Dwell (6:54)
6. The Heaviest Matter of the Universe (3:57)
7. Flying Whales (7:44)
8. In the Wilderness (7:47)
9. World to Come (6:52)
10. From Mars (2:24)
11. To Sirius (5:37)
12. Global Warming (7:50)

Search GOJIRA From Mars to Sirius lyrics

Search GOJIRA From Mars to Sirius tabs

- Joe Duplantier / lead vocals, guitar
- Mario Duplantier / drums
- Jean-Michel Labadie / bass
- Christian Andreu / guitar

CD (Dig) Mon Slip, Mon Slip MS 08, 5101103372 (Europe) (2005)
CD Listenable Records POSH074 (France) (2005)
CD Prosthetic Records 6561910035-2 (US) (2006)
2xLP Listenable Records Posh137 (France)(2011)
2xLP Prosthetic Records 1910035-1 (US) (2013)

Cover Art - Joe Duplantier

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to The Bearded Bard for the last updates

GOJIRA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GOJIRA From Mars to Sirius Music

From Mars to SiriusFrom Mars to Sirius
Listenable Records 2014
From Mars to Sirius by GOJIRA (2014-08-03)From Mars to Sirius by GOJIRA (2014-08-03)
Listenable Records
From Mars to Sirius by Listenable RecordsFrom Mars to Sirius by Listenable Records
Listenable Records

GOJIRA from mars to sirius CD 2005 ORG 1st Press MON SLIP USD $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Gojira From Mars To Sirius 2LP USD $129.00 Buy It Now 5 days
From Mars to Sirius by Gojira USD $15.37 Buy It Now 6 days
From Mars to Sirius by Gojira USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
From Mars to Sirius [Gojira] [3760053841247] New CD USD $15.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Gojira - From Mars To Sirius 2009 [CD New] USD $12.40 Buy It Now 11 days
From Mars To Sirius - Gojira (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.34 Buy It Now 11 days
Gojira-From Mars to Sirius CD NEW USD $16.18 Buy It Now 11 days
From Mars to Sirius by Gojira (CD, Jul-2014) USD $6.51 Buy It Now 16 days
Gojira - From Mars To Sirius [CD New] USD $8.42 Buy It Now 16 days
From Mars To Sirius - Gojira 8712725730569 (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 16 days
Gojira-From Mars to Sirius (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.41 Buy It Now 19 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius Shirt 004 USD $3.63 Buy It Now 20 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius Shirt 004 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 20 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius Shirt 004 USD $15.59 Buy It Now 20 days
Gojira the link, from mars to sirius + Devildriver + Fear factory + CD lot USD $30.00 Buy It Now 21 days
From Mars to Sirius Gojira Audio CD USD $16.78 Buy It Now 21 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 001 USD $3.63 Buy It Now 24 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 001 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 24 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 001 USD $15.59 Buy It Now 24 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 002 USD $3.63 Buy It Now 24 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 002 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 24 days
GOJIRA L'Enfant Sauvage PHOTO Print POSTER Band From Mars to Sirius 002 USD $15.59 Buy It Now 24 days
Gojira From Mars to Sirius CD 2014 Progressive Death Metal Listenable Reissue USD $16.89 Buy It Now 24 days
Gojira - From Mars To Sirius LIMITED GOLD DOUBLE VINYL LP NEW (18TH NOV) USD $26.91 Buy It Now 28 days
Gojira-From Mars to Sirius (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.38 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy GOJIRA music online Buy GOJIRA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GOJIRA From Mars to Sirius ratings distribution

GOJIRA From Mars to Sirius reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
5 stars This is extremely cool ... 4.5 stars from me. A really extreme kind of music, with sometimes quite brutal double bass drumming, heavy, thrash metal guitars riffing and growling/screaming vocals ... but it's not really aggressive, I'd rather call it hypnotic and even avant-garde to some extent. Meshuggah are an obvious influence - but more in terms of sound and texturing (Nothing/Catch 33) than complexity. Some parts also remind me of Devin Townsend ... sudden outbursts of heaviness followed by epic/majestic textural parts.

The album deals with issues like global warming ... saving the oceans, which explains the whale on the cover. If you can tolerate the heavy parts and the screaming then listening to this album from beginning to end can really take you on a fascinating journey through time, space ... and water.

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Thanks to Ansen (The Miracle) for leading me to what is now officially the heaviest metal album in my collection. This band is a freight train coming straight through your living room. Never has being pummeled been so much fun.

The sound is so unique here. The drumming is so heavy and forefront that it's almost as if the drums are the lead instrument on several tracks, totally burying the axemen. Guitars are fierce but mostly paint a wall of thrash sound as opposed to solos. There are not the traditionally wailing lead solos to be found here. The vocals sound to me like Henry Rollins cross-bred with Tyrannosaurus Rex, absolute hellfire but yet oddly soothing to me. I like to listen to this album in rush hour traffic as it keeps me from having a Michael Douglas "Falling Down" moment. There is more of the metronomic mechanical blast drumming than I prefer but it seems to work way better on this album than others.

Better than half of the tracks are pure heavy thrash with monster riffs and complex drumming. But the rest of the album does have some very nice departures that make this album special and add more dimension. The first is the instrumental "Unicorn" which is simply a pleasant repetitive clean guitar riff along with a subdued drum beat and sound effects that I believe are the whales in the background. It doesn't sound like much when you first hear it but it has a great peaceful atmosphere. "Flying Whales" is a standout that begins in a similar vein to "Unicorn" although more ambitious with good conversation between guitar, bass and drums. "World to Come" will alternate the undead-Rollins voice with a second clean voice. This along with a slower pace and a more notes-based lead guitar provides yet another sound for the band. "From Mars" is great, sounding like an early psych Floyd track with a metal edge-Syd would approve. The grand finale of "Global Warming" is truly a metal epic where they assemble the various aspects of their sound into a dramatic anthem with several good sections. Repetition in both the lead guitar hammer-on lick and the last hopeful line "we will see our children growing" bolster the sense that perhaps the chaos of earlier songs is turning to more stability; nicely wrapping up what has been quite a musical journey.

Yes this is masochist heavy, but I think it's one of the most unique metal albums I've heard and I have really grown to appreciate it. I can't wait to hear their next one. If you love metal, this one will float your boat, or fly your inner whale.

Review by CCVP
4 stars This is a very fine album, but i really need to me in the mood to sit through it. Really!

Gojira's third opus is their latest release i have so far and the first album from this french band that i ever bought and i have to say that i am not disappointed. Although not being very fond of groove metal, because i think the music seems to drag, seems to be way slower than i should be, meaning that they should be played, at least, twice as fast, i really liked this album.

However, the extremer version of groove metal that Gojira presents somehow called my attention, maybe because they rely less on the groove and play, lets say, 10 riffs when it should be only 1 in ordinary grove metal, making their music sound thick or full. Maybe they play some kind of thrashened or deathened groove metal. Besides their music also have progressive influences and a considerably deal technicality. But groove metal was born from thrash metal, so maybe that are doing the reverse way, or maybe uniting father and son? I don't know. I just know that what they do sounds better than the average groove metal bands.

Although Gojira does an interesting mix of styles, that is not the only thing. They also do a wall of sound similar to the one Meshuggah does: both guitars and the bass playing at the same time, although here one guitar is playing apparently faster than the other, and the drums playing the same rhythm as one of the guitars, at least in the heavy songs, making their music sound the way it sounds, at least in the album From Mars to Sirius.

This album is also a concept album, that tells about the environmental change on Earth and that humanity must do something save Earth before its all lost. The story follows a character that sees the world's end and starts a journey to find the Flying Whales, that could teach him how to fly. The character somehow goes to the fictional star Sirius C where a master race teaches him how to restore life on Earth.

One very interesting thing is that this album is my favorite album for stargazing, it really is. I really don't know why that is, because i listen to a lot of space rock albums, but i don't like them very much to stargaze.

The headlights go to: Ocean Planet, From the Sky, Flying Whales, In the Wilderness, From Mars, To Sirius and Global Warming.

Grade and Final Thoughts

Well, From Mars to Sirius is a pretty good album, but the thing is: i think this album is way too long. It is good music, but sometimes i get tired of it in the middle of the album. So, to sit through it, i need to be in the right mood. Maybe they should be influenced by Meshuggah in more ways they are now and keep their albums below the 60 minutes mark, but preferably below or very close to the 50 minutes, like the said swedish band usually does. So for putting out a good bot overlong album, i will give to them 4 stars.

Review by UMUR
4 stars From Mars to Sirius is the third full-length studio album by French technical/ progressive metal act Gojira. While I understand that many both fellow reviewers and friends of mine found this album instantly enjoyable itīs actually taken me quite some time to get into. The 66:52 long playing time might have something to do with that because I do feel that itīs a long playing time for music like this. There are 12 songs on the album and at first I felt that it was a couple too many. After repeatedly trying to get through the album Iīve come to understand the charm of the music though and the praise that this album gets almost everywhere. From Mars to Sirius has definitely proven to be worth my many listening sessions and I can say now that I find the album to be an excellent technical/ progressive metal album.

The music is technical and progressive metal/ thrash metal/ death metal with raw and at times growling vocals. Thereīs a touch of melody in the vocals though that brings a good portion of variation into the music. There are lots of very heavy guitar riffing on the album but no soli. The music is not overtly technical but the song structures do come with a few challenges which is something I find exciting. I find that the style of music that Gojira plays has much in common with both the nineties groove thrash movement and bands like Pantera and Machine Head and a death metal act like Morbid Angel ( the opening to In the Wilderness could have been taken directly from GateWays to Annihilation (2000) by Morbid Angel) as they have with contemporary progressive extreme metal acts like Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah or Textures. The music on From Mars to Sirius is neither groove thrash nor death metal though but there are obvious influences from both genres. In addition to those influences thereīs also a melodic element in the music. The lyrics on the album deserves a mention too. Save the planet/ environmental concern lyrics are not that ususal in music as extreme as this even though itīs of course been done before ( by Napalm Death, Nasum...etc).

My above mentioned problem with the long playing time isnīt a problem anymore. All 12 songs ( two are shorter atmospheric interludes) are of high quality and the presense of all 12 are fully justified. Thereīs not a dull moment on the album. Really heavy and intense progressive extreme metal. I have my favorites on the album like Backbone, Where Dragons Fall ( I just love the tribal-like drum outro) and To Sirius but it keeps changing which songs I prefer which is another sign that From Mars to Sirius is a really strong album.

The musicianship is excellent. The music is skillfully played and the compositions flow nicely.

The production is powerful. Really heavy yet clean.

I have to mention the absolutely beautiful cover artwork here as well. one of the most original metal cover artworks in recent years. I like the sci-fi flying whale picture. Just fantastic IMO.

From Mars to Sirius has slowly but surely won me over. Itīs not that itīs a hard album to get into though. Itīs actually quite accessible for the genre. But I guess my high expectations after reading some very praiseful reviews werenīt exactly met right away which was a disappointment to me. So I would like to say to those who still havenīt found the charm in this album that repeated listening really revealed the progressive nature of Gojiraīs music to me. Music that at first listen might seem a bit simple for the genre. All in all From Mars to Sirius is a very enjoyable album and a 4 star rating is deserved. This might be a very good place to start if youīre new to progressive extreme metal.

3 stars Man this is heavy ! Finnforest is right in comparing it to a freight train rushing through your living room. Thankfully there are some moments of relief but at 67 minutes I do find it too long. The growly vocals are something I get used to after a while but honestly i'm not a fan of them. GOJIRA are from France and they give us sort of a concept album here dealing with how mankind is ruining our planet and how we need to get our act together. They take the screaming in your face approach. Haha.

"Ocean Planet" is one of the best tracks on here. It starts off with the sounds of whales before the heaviness kicks in.The singer reminds me of someone I know but I can't put my finger on it. Great sound 2 minutes in then the vocals return. The tempo picks up. Themes are repeated. "Backbone" is an incredible song. Defiant vocals with pounding drums and riffs. "From The Sky" is relentless with the riffs and drums. "Unicorn" is a welcome relief from the onslaught. The sound of whales and a relaxing beat for 2 minutes. "Where Dragons Dwell" has some great lyrics and a punishing soundscape. "The Heaviest Matter In The Universe" is freaking heavy (big surprise).

"Flying Whales" is like another intermission where we can regroup. This sounds so good. Would love to hear more of this style with the chunky bass and powerful undercurrent. Guitar kicks in at 2 1/2 minutes, vocals and the rampage follows. It settles again after 5 1/2 minutes before kicking in to end it. "In The Wilderness" features growly vocals and a heavy as hell soundscape. "World To Come" has some pretty cool lyrics. Vocals before 1 1/2 minutes. This isn't as heavy and the guitar is more distinct. Some great drum work late. A top three track for sure. "From Mars" has almost whispered vocals and a retrained sound. "To Sirius" is anything but restrained as he spits out the lyrics. "Global Warming" sounds great with the guitar swirling and the pounding drums. Normal vocals here too until before 4 minutes.Then back to the previous soundscape to end it.

A must for Tech / Extreme fans. I wish this was my style of Metal. 3.5 stars.

Review by Rune2000
3 stars This is probably a great album if you're into this sort of head-banging music. Personally I've never been a fan of straight forward metal song structures with predictable guitar patterns. This basically means that From Mars to Sirius doesn't really work for me. The solid production combined with the drummers constant use of double pedal and growling vocals creates the illusion of heavy sound. When in fact Gojira doesn't reach the heaviness nor technicality of bands like Meshuggah, Unexpect or even Between The Buried And Me!

So what about the song writing? In most cases it works well and I like the atmospheric sections quite a bit although the basic song structures on the majority of the tracks creates predictability which brings the album down a notch in my book. In fact I believe that the compositions here are much more of a Progressive Metal nature than Tech/Extreme Prog Metal have it not been for the three elements that I've mentioned.

Still there were some elements, like the overall atmosphere, that made me interested in Gojira so I will probably try to listen to The Way of All Flesh or any of their future releases once I'll get around to it. Who knows, I might even change my opinion about this release after that!

***** star songs: From Mars (2:24)

**** star songs: Backbone (4:18) From the Sky (5:48) Unicorn (2:09) The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe (3:57) Flying Whales (7:44) World To Come (6:52) To Sirius (5:37) Global Warming (7:50)

*** star songs: Ocean Planet (5:32) Where Dragons Fall (6:54) In The Wilderness (7:47)

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'From Mars To Sirius' - Gojira (8/10)

Without a doubt one of the heaviest metal bands in the progressive scene nowadays, France's premier extreme quartet Gojira's real breakthrough was this album; the conceptually geared 'From Mars To Sirius'. Drawing inspiration and their topic of interest from the looming modern problem of ecological preservation, Gojira has developed their death metal sound into something with a much grander scope. While the band's next release 'The Way Of All Flesh' would improve and further develop upon the sound of Gojira, 'From Mars To Sirius' stands as being a landmark in French metal, and will be for decades to come.

While the crushing guitar and rhythm sound here could be compared to the tumultuous origins of the universe, Gojira manages to harness such a ferocious sound and channel it into something that is moreoften memorable and impressive than not. With the opening behemoth 'Ocean Planet' showing little hesitation to jump into the trademark primordial riffage that drives throughout most of the album. To give a much fresher sound to the music however, there are plenty of more moderate moments, and atmospheric soundscapes behind the main work, that give 'From Mars To Sirius' a stylistic similarity to some of Devin Townsend (of Strapping Young Lad)'s career work.

Dealing with a profound real-world topic through some aspects of fantasy, Gojira's sludgy take on 'From Mars To Sirius' is filled with small details in the production, but is quite straightfoward in terms of it's sound and uniformity, especially when compared to things Gojira have achieved after this point. While the style is done very well, some tricks (such as making the guitar squeal in between breakdowns) are a bit overdone. The songwriting here and delivery are still for the most part, quite excellent. Despite being quite inventive with the way they craft the music, there are still many songs that fit the anger and call for change into as little as five minutes.

As has been said before, the album does sound quite similar throughout, giving the album a nice flow, although some unexpected moments of variety would have been the strong songwriting here even better. The only song that does not stand out as being excellent is 'In The Wilderness,' which while engaging enough, lacks any ideas that distinguish it as a song of it's own. However, this album from the French death metallers is surprisingly consistent, and with time, I would imagine that popular appreciation for this piece will only serve to grow in the metal community.

Review by EatThatPhonebook
4 stars 8/10

"From Mars To Sirius" is Gojira's best release so far: a modern Death Metal classic.

Gojira are one of the main Progressive Death Metal acts of the new millennium also because of 'From Mars To Sirius', the extraordinary third album. This French band had been active for nine years before this release, but it is known that great albums take time and a certain level of maturity.

Compared to earlier albums, 'From Mars To Sirius' has a much rougher production: everything sounds incredibly large, wide, and spacey in this album, contrasting the tight compositions of the early days. Even the technical point of view has toned down quite a bit, in favor of a more sludgy take on Death Metal: the guitars are strongly reminiscent of bands like Mastodon, Neurosis, or Isis. But the typical Gojira vocals, by Joe Duplianter, never leave the stage, and still give that touch that brings together all releases from the band.

The album presents a bunch of solid, well-written and executed songs that, put together, maintain a strongly consistent level throughout the entire hour this albums lasts: the more famous, classic Gojira songs like the Post-Metal vibes of 'Flying Whales', the fiercely dramatic guitar tapping of 'Global Warming', or the energetic 'From The Sky' are stuck into the imaginary collective of modern Death Metal. But the other songs present here are not less powerful: 'Ocean Planet', the album's opener, is an almost devastatingly executed song with one of the sludgiest riffs of the entire LP, 'World To Come' and 'Oceanbone' simple songs with excellent riffs and songwriting. The more technical, thrashy moments are still present here and there, like in 'The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe', one of the most intense songs Gojira has ever created.

An album with little imperfections, with a tremendously engaging flow, and with a consistent high level of execution, 'From Mars to Sirius' shows all of Gojra's talent, and remains a key album for Progressive Death Metal.

Review by Necrotica
Necrotica avatar
3 stars Gojira are something of an anomaly in the metal world; they've influenced countless new extreme metal bands in their wake, and yet very few artists have been able to successfully replicate their style. To the newcomers of the band, they may initially come off as Meshuggah with a more emotional (and of course environmental, when referring to the lyrics) side to them. While this can be true at times, the ambient interludes (such as "Torii" or "The Silver Cord") and moments that showcase the brutality of their classic death metal roots suggest more influences beneath the surface. Additionally, each album has its own personality and sound: Terra Incognita was more akin to the band's demos, containing more full-on death metal than their later releases; The Link had both a more tribal and progressive feel; The Way of All Flesh is extremely grim and focuses on the relationship between life and death; L'Enfant Sauvage has a tighter sound and the songs are less drawn-out. So where does From Mars to Sirius fit in? Well, it's a giant sprawling mess of a record, that's for sure.

The longest album by the band at this point, From Mars to Sirius focuses on longer compositions while increasing the guitar distortion and heaviness to the highest degree. Also worth mentioning is this record's special attention to an environmental message, even going as far as making an album cover that looks eerily similar to the logo of the organization Sea Shepherd, which aims to preserve marine life. The typical Gojira trademarks are all present; you've got the low-tuned chugs, a nice variety of tempos, and melodic guitar lines that cut through the wall of distortion. Unfortunately though, the record also emphasizes one of the band's trademarks a little too much: the repetition. Repetition can be fine if it's executed tastefully, but here it just sounds like it was incorporated to fill up the running time. While songs such as the aptly titled "The Heaviest Matter of the Universe" and the simultaneously melodic and harsh opener "Ocean Planet" do an efficient job of trimming the fat, songs like "Global Warming" and especially "Where Dragons Dwell" honestly don't. The latter is seven minutes long, but while the first half holds a nice sludgy groove with some nice vocal variety, the second half is the same riff repeated... over and over and over and over until it fades out. Other songs are guilty of this as well, and it doesn't enhance them in any way. There aren't any subtle changes in the songwriting except for a few different drum fills here and there or some vocal shouts, so there isn't much to invest in.

Luckily the album's strengths do make up for this, if barely. The soft interlude "Unicorn" is a well-paced break from the constant heaviness, and the songs that combine heaviness and frequent instances of melody (like "Ocean Planet" or "Flying Whales") balance the two elements very nicely. "Flying Whales" is certainly a standout in general, with a peaceful clean-guitar interlude setting the stage for the bludgeoning distortion and overall intensity that follows. In fact, "In the Wilderness" ends up being a great follow-up as well, despite returning to the one-dimensional heaviness and having an overly long ending. Luckily, the chromatic riffs and higher-pitched vocals during the chorus are effective and evoke a sense of chaos, saving the tune from the same fate as some of the other ones on here. The lyricism is well-done too; while the environmental message can occasionally be a bit overbearing, it's evident that the band really care about their cause and put a lot of thought into the poetry being sung (or growled/screamed) here. In songs like "Flying Whales" or "Where Dragons Dwell," fantasy themes indirectly provide symbolism related to the environmental theme and are sung with just the right amount of conviction.

There's nothing really terrible about From Mars to Sirius, but it really would have benefited from being pared down. Many of the songs feel a bit directionless because of weak, unnecessarily repetitive endings and their overall length. The album constantly seems to tread the fault line between being resonant and being completely uninteresting. While not a bad record by any means, I can unfortunately call it the band's worst.

(Originally published on Sputnikmusic)

4 stars This is the album where i think Gojira really found, crafted and perfected their sound, and boy is it a beauty.. This album is just so powerfull and heavy, from the opening track OCEAN PLANET you know your in for one tech-death prog rollercoaster ride. Their are also some cool instrumental 'chill ... (read more)

Report this review (#289872) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Saturday, July 10, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars From Mars to Sirius is in alot of ways like a rebirth for progressive metal. While their previous albums had some great tracks it never took off like From Mars to Siriys did. While the metal scene grew increasingly stale at the turn of the millennium, the music either turning to the rigid forms o ... (read more)

Report this review (#245560) | Posted by Lezaza | Wednesday, October 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars What a fantastic album, these guys really are genius musicians, every song is just flawless and perfect, the heavy, melodic, catchy rifts, make you shake your head in awe and amazement. And if your a drummer I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this album to you, and you'll need to listen to To Sirius- amazing dou ... (read more)

Report this review (#209046) | Posted by hawkcwg | Saturday, March 28, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Gojira is probably one of the heaviest bands ever. I do like it, though, because it is also extremely technical. One thing I do NOT like, though, is the vocals. I don't like the screaming. The trippiest song is probably Ocean Planet. It is very unusual in the solo. Backbone is more of a s ... (read more)

Report this review (#160517) | Posted by pinkpork | Friday, February 1, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Really well structed metal songs and epic atmosphere make Gojira a pretty unique band (all though Isis comes to mind). Big sounding riffs that repeat each other give the songs, most about global warming and the wellfare of planet earth, a great sense of urgency that needs to be listened to. Fa ... (read more)

Report this review (#142393) | Posted by therevelator | Saturday, October 6, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Recently i have found myself listening to this band more and more, prompting me to write this review. im not going to be saying much that hasnt already been said; great textures, soundscapes, repetative riffs and structures that bring to mind meshuggah or isis without sounding like messhuggah or i ... (read more)

Report this review (#138304) | Posted by keiser willhelm | Friday, September 14, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I'm not really sure why this disc is on progarchives. I can't really call it prog metal as much as I can call it extreme heavy metal. This being said, there are some really neat things going on in this album. The vocals are mostly scream, so if you're not a fan of that, you won't like this ... (read more)

Report this review (#124288) | Posted by pianomandust | Friday, June 1, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Extremely plesent find. I had heard of Gojira in an offhand mannor from an Isis fan and thought that they would be simmiler so i looked them up and saw some good reviews and more Isis connections. SOooo when i was browsing my local i saw it and decided to pick it up. good move. it reminds me a ... (read more)

Report this review (#114852) | Posted by Mikeypoo | Sunday, March 11, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GOJIRA "From Mars to Sirius"