COMPASSIONIZER

Roz Vitalis Compassionizer album cover

Buy ROZ VITALIS Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Tragic Fate (7:05)
2. Autumn of Hypocrisy (3:58)
3. Compassionizer (5:21)
4. Elusive Goodness (4:24)
5. Wakatte Kudasai (7:27)
6. Annihilator of Moral Hazard (6:22)
7. Dances of Lost Opportunities (5:37)
8. Disruption (3:41)
9. Train of Parting (Compassion Version) (7:55)

Search ROZ VITALIS Compassionizer lyrics

Search ROZ VITALIS Compassionizer tabs

- Ivan Rozmainsky / music, conception, keyboards, recorders, percussion, samples, virtual synth
- Sydius / music [except 2, 4, 7], guitars
- Yuri Verba / music [5], clarinets

Independent

Thanks to felonafan for the addition

ROZ VITALIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROZ VITALIS Compassionizer Music

CompassionizerCompassionizer
Self-Produced

More places to buy ROZ VITALIS music online Buy ROZ VITALIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROZ VITALIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROZ VITALIS Compassionizer ratings distribution

ROZ VITALIS Compassionizer reviews

Review by avestin
3 stars I heard of Roz Vitalis before but never had the chance to listen to their music. This latest release is the first I get to hear and I was looking forward to this, since what I read mostly got me intrigued about them. Roz Vitalis began in 2001 in Saint-Petersburg and have since self-released 4 studio albums, two EP's and one live release. This is their fifth studio album. I got a promotional copy of this album, and am glad to have this opprtunity to explore this band's music and to be able to promote it here in PA and in other places online.

The back of the album cover says: "The goal of this concept album is to unmask and reveal the spiritual evil of the modern humanity's materialist vainglory". Well, I for one would have composed something entirely different, but that's what great about music, is that you can hear the sound of other people's thoughts, views and way of life. The album in general has a quirky, otherworldly sound to it, which is why I don't necessarily link the music with the said concept behind it, but their idea is as good and valid as any other.

A point of reference could be (early) Art Zoyd and at times even Univers Zero (and the composers who influenced those bands as well) but only as a general guiding idea of the style of music. In some tracks I even hear traces (stripped down and bare) of Industrial (Wakatte Kudasai and Annihilator Of mortal Hazard for instance) and Electronic music (for example, Autumn Of Hypocrisy) which might be more pronounced in their earlier releases. The music is keyboards based and lead with electronic drumming, and while there's a guitar in this particular album, it does not pronounce its presence too much. At other times, the music (like in the very beginning of Tragic Fate) can be a spacey drive which then strays away into the experimental and dynamic side which is the dominant aspect of the music here. At other times, there's a heavy dosage of electronic music which gives this perhaps a colder sound that fits what the concept of the album, for instance in Autumn Of Hypocrisy, in which it this particular sound represents well what I perceive to represent cynicism and insincerity like in the title. But in fact this "colder" sound gives a contradiction to other parts in which there's "warmer" parts. Other parts (Compassionizer) are more sinister sounding, giving a better idea of what they want us to realize during our listening to the album. It's also one place where the dark sound of Univers Zero might come to mind, but just as an impression, not due to a similar tune being played. In general, the sound that they deliver is rather gloomy and conjures up images of loneliness to me, but not as dark as those two bands mentioned above. This is in part due to the choice of instruments and their sound and to how the music is performed - the music guided by the keyboards which change sound from time to time in accordance with the mood Roz Vitalis want to create. The resulting sound is not as full and jam- packed as those other band's music is (a good example for such a "full" sounding album would be Yugen's Labirinto Dacqua, which I love by the way); it leaves some "empty space" for resonance and for us to absorb it more easily perhaps (if that makes any sense). The music roams around freely, and yet it has defined structure and theme, and moves forward and isn't experimental for the sake of experimentalism, but for the sake of creating something different. While there is a chance that the recording may annoy people who don't like the use of samplers to create the vast instrumentation presented here (there's only 3 musicians but it sounds like there's more), I personally find them to be well done, and that part of the charm of this album, is this exact characteristic. I think that there's a good variation of sounds and "instruments" represented to keep the listener interested and focused. For me, the music itself manages to overcome any issue that may come up from the fact I just mentioned (plus, I think it's done well and is not displeasing to my ears). I think they managed to create their own original sound, with some nods to their influences.

What I can say is that this album has made me want to listen to their other albums as well. It is intriguing, explorative, with a weird and somewhat gloomy atmosphere (like I love it) and what matters most to me, enjoyable and makes me want to listen to it again. Not mind blowing, or a must have album, but definitely an album I feel is worth my music listening time and one that I will come back to listen to. A journey album.

3.5 stars.

Review by Windhawk
4 stars This fifth studio effort by Russian outfit Roz Vitalis is one that should please those looking for quirky music of a kind that can only be described as challenging. Not overly advanced, but crafted and assembled in a manner that will test your notions about musicality and melody.

In style we're treated to works of a classical nature, with circulating piano motifs and digital strings central, blended with folk inspired textures alongside spacey sounds and distinctly psychedelic guitar layers. Cacophonic, dissonant parts are served with the same ease as gentle harmonic themes. Rhythmic experiments is something of a red thread throughout, as the band investigate odd and quirky drums and percussion alongside rhythmic melodic sounds, creating motifs with subtle dissonance and disharmony. Even brief ventures into the atonal, helped along by the other instruments.

And while a well made melody is a constant presence, it is the experimentation with the non-melodic aspects of this disc that is the most interesting one. Those who are fascinated by such endeavours should find much to please them on this disc.

Review by siLLy puPPy
COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team
4 stars After having fallen for the ninth album of ROZ VITALIS "Lavoro D'Amore" and their unique style of progressive rock that combines classical music hooks with experimental sound structures and Slavic folk, i was very eager to delve into the band's discography to see if any of their other albums keep my interest like that one did. I'm happy to say that i have accumulated another three earlier albums of this band and am happy to report that they are indeed as entertaining. Diving in randomly i ended up with their 5th album COMPASSIONIZER first.

What i love about Russian prog bands such as ROZ VITALIS is they more often than not have a firm grasp of classical music as well as Eastern Europeon folk and find the cleverest ways to incorporate those styles together in their music. Such was the case with "Lavoro D'Amore" and so too it is with COMPASSIONIZER. What i love about main man Ivan Rozmainsky is how in his song structure developments uses catchy hooks in the Western classical music tradition to draw the listener in and then use a whole arsenal of sounds ranging from bells, wind instruments such as clarinets, flutes and recorders and other sound effects to create a smorgasbord of interesting layers of sound.

On the very first track "Tragic Fate" we get some nice keyboard runs that meld with bells and other percussive sounds and builds layers until we get to a progressive frenzy with time sig changes at the speed of light. After it reaches it's peak it drops back to the beautiful piano hooks, so in effect the journey is somewhat logical in its delivery but the scenery on the way is most unexpected and woven together in most unorthodox ways.

While this music is generally placed in the avant-prog category it is unlike most music you would expect in that musical world. While most RIO and avant-prog is dissonant and other worldly in its song structure, ROZ VITALIS seems to prefer that a strong melodic theme dominates their stomp through the musical pasture upon which they gallop freely. This is what makes their music quite accessible from the first listen but the fundamentals of the avant-prog world still remain here albeit scattered about in a different manner than most and what i would call a rather avant-symphonic veneer to their overall sound. In other words the melodic keyboards are the anchor into the melodic world that allow the electronic, percussion and wind instruments to go wild around, therefore i could equally qualify this music as being space rock as well as symphonic prog and in the long run would call melodic eclectic prog.

While the music can get wild at times it for the most part remains steady and calculative with sounds slowly creeping in and gaining strength before usurping control for a brief moment. The ratcheting up effect is subtle and effective and there is rarely anything that just jumps out of the woodwork and slaps you in the face. Probably the most avant-garde of the lot is the odd drumming styles that add counterpoints to the melodies. While some artists are simply happy to keep the beat, ROZ VITALIS excels at keeping the percussion a major part of the dynamics that change it up frequently to add an additional zesty layer of rhythm and syncopation.

I've definitely fallen for this band's sound. It is utterly unique in the musical universe, at least the parts i've yet explored. I'm very happy to have found a band that satisfies different musical aspects such as the avant tendencies i gravitate towards all the while dishing out some of the tastiest melodic developments that accompany all the tones and rhythms that seem to be placed perfectly together for the proper effect. Great stuff.

3 stars In the journey to review all the studio albums of ROZ VITALIS I finally came to the last album to look like sole Ivan Rozmainsky project with guests, next ones will be group efforts. Overall this is almost NOT an avant-garde album, with mostly keyboards, programmed percussion and other effect ... (read more)

Report this review (#1428602) | Posted by XPEHOPE3KA | Friday, June 19, 2015 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROZ VITALIS "Compassionizer"