ENGLISH BOY WONDERS

Big Big Train English Boy Wonders  album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy BIG BIG TRAIN Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Big Empty Skies (4:22)
2. Brushed Aside (5:38)
3. A Giddy Thing (5:16)
4. 28 Years (2:25)
5. Pretty Mom (3:26)
6. Out Of It (5:58)
7. Cloudless And Starry And Still (3:33)
8. Albion Perfide (10:24)
9. Right To The End Of The World Tra-la (1:56)
10. The Shipping Forecast (10:46)
11. Mr. Boxgroveman (6:12)
12. Reaching For John Dowland (8:14)
13. Fell Asleep (3:36)

Search BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders lyrics

Search BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders tabs

- Steve Hughes / drums, percussion
- Tony Muller / piano, keyboards
- Martin Read / lead and backing vocals
- Andy Poole / bass, keyboards, backing vocals
- Gregory Spawton / lead guitars, keyboards, vocals

CD Giant Electric Pea GEPCD 1020 (1997)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

BIG BIG TRAIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders Music

Ais 2010
Difference MachineDifference Machine
Remastered · Import
Ais 2011
BIG BIG TRAIN The Underfall Yard (CD) CARDBOARD SLEEVE/MINI LP/OBI US $17.90 Buy It Now 7h 28m
BIG BIG TRAIN - MAKE SOME NOISE EP (UK) NEW CD US $20.24 Buy It Now 14h 3m
BIG BIG TRAIN - UNDERFALL YARD NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 18h 18m
BIG BIG TRAIN - UNDERFALL YARD - NEW CD US $16.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Big Big Train - English Electric Pt 2 (NEW CD) US $18.02 Buy It Now 1 day
English Electric, Pt. 2 by Big Big Train (CD, Mar-2013, G.E.P. Records) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Big Big Train - English Electric Pt. Two CD US $20.02 Buy It Now 2 days
BIG BIG TRAIN English Electric (Part 2) (2013CD/Prog) US $8.00 [0 bids]
BIG BIG TRAIN English Electric (Part 1) (2012CD/Prog) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Big Big Train - Make Some Noise Ep UK CD Single US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Big Big Train - Underfall Yard CD US $21.49 Buy It Now 2 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - ENGLISH BOY WONDERS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.33 Buy It Now 3 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - FAR SKIES DEEP TIME - NEW CD US $13.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Big Big Train - English Boy Wonders Rmx Dig CD US $18.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Big Big Train - English Electric: Full Power CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Big Big Train - English Electric Part One (CD 2012) US $14.41 [0 bids]
BIG BIG TRAIN ENGLISH ELECTRIC (PART ONE) SEALED SEPT 2012 UK PROG STORYTELLERS US $16.02 Buy It Now 4 days
English Electric, Pt. 2 by Big Big Train (CD, Mar-2013, G.E.P. Records) US $25.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Underfall Yard by Big Big Train (CD, 2009, English Electric) US $26.10 Buy It Now 5 days
Big Big Train-The Underfall Yard CD NEW US $15.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Big Big Train - English Electric Pt. Two [CD New] US $15.30 Buy It Now 7 days
Big Big Train - Englsh Electric Full Power [CD New] US $21.46 Buy It Now 7 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - DIFFERENCE MACHINE - BONUS TRACK (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 7 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - DIFFERENCE MACHINE [BONUS TRACK] * - NEW CD US $19.73 Buy It Now 8 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - ENGLISH ELECTRIC PART 2 NEW CD US $22.77 Buy It Now 8 days
Big Big Train - Difference Machine (2010 Reissue) [CD New] US $22.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Goodbye To The Age Of Steam Big Big Train UK CD album (CDLP) GEPCD1007 US $119.44 Buy It Now 9 days
Make Some Noise Ep - Big Big Train New & Sealed CD SINGLE Free Shipping US $22.09 Buy It Now 11 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - ENGLISH ELECTRIC, PT. 2 - NEW CD US $12.32 Buy It Now 11 days
English Electric, Pt. 2 by Big Big Train (Vinyl, Sep-2013) US $39.89 Buy It Now 12 days
BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders (CD,2008) Prog rock US $9.70 Buy It Now 14 days
English Boy Wonders - Big Big Train New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $23.08 Buy It Now 14 days
Big Big Train - Underfall Yard [CD New] US $15.63 Buy It Now 16 days
BIG BIG TRAIN CD - ENGLISH ELECTRIC: FULL POWER (2013) - NEW UNOPENED US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
NEW English Electric, Pt. 2 by Big Big Train CD (CD) US $19.27 Buy It Now 17 days
Big Big Train - English Electric Part 2 - GEPCD1044 US $17.59 Buy It Now 17 days
Gathering Speed - Big Big Train New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $25.22 Buy It Now 18 days
Difference Machine (2010 Reissue) - Big Big Train New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre US $25.22 Buy It Now 20 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - GATHERING SPEED - NEW CD US $19.07 Buy It Now 23 days
Big Big Train - Far Skies Deep Time [CD New] US $16.85 Buy It Now 23 days
Big Big Train - Gathering Speed [CD New] US $22.05 Buy It Now 23 days
BIG BIG TRAIN-FAR SKIES DEEP TIME (EP) CD NEW US $18.23 Buy It Now 23 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - GATHERING SPEED (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 23 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - ENGLISH ELECTRIC: FULL POWER NEW CD US $27.43 Buy It Now 23 days
Big Big Train "Gathering Speed" 2009 re-master Sealed [ffo Peter Gabriel Genesis US $15.23 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "Make Some Noise" 2013 EP Sealed [ffo Steven Wilson, Peter Gabriel US $14.35 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "English Electric Part Two" Sealed [XTC Spock's Beard Marillion] US $16.27 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "The Difference Machine" 2010 re-issue Sealed [ffo Porcupine Tree] US $15.79 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "The Underfall Yard" 2009 Sealed [ffo Caravan Haken Steven Wilson] US $17.23 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "Far Skies Deep Time" 2010 EP Sealed [ffo Steve Hackett Caravan] US $14.41 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "English Boy Wonders" 2008 Sealed [ffo Marillion Porcupine Tree] US $15.15 Buy It Now 24 days
Big Big Train "Goodbye To The Age Of Steam" 2011 re-issue Sealed [early Genesis] US $15.95 Buy It Now 24 days
BIG BIG TRAIN-English Electric Pt 2 CD NEW US $15.39 Buy It Now 24 days
English Electric: Full Power (import) - Big Big Train New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE US $28.59 Buy It Now 25 days
Big Big Train - Far Skies Deep Time CD US $18.04 Buy It Now 25 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - FAR SKIES DEEP TIME 41 MINUTE EP NEW US $12.10 Buy It Now 26 days
Big Big Train - English Boy Wonders [CD New] US $18.83 Buy It Now 26 days
BIG BIG TRAIN - FAR SKIES DEEP TIME (EP) NEW CD US $19.89 Buy It Now 26 days
Far Skies Deep Time by Big Big Train (CD, Dec-2010) US $16.95 Buy It Now 27 days
English Electric, Pt. 2 by Big Big Train (CD, Mar-2013, G.E.P. Records) US $18.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Underfall Yard by Big Big Train (CD, 2009, English Electric) US $19.95 Buy It Now 27 days
BIG BIG TRAIN Far Skies Deep Time (CD,2011,MINI LP) Prog Rock US $20.50 Buy It Now 27 days
English Electric Part 2 Big Big Train Audio CD US $23.73 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BIG BIG TRAIN music online Buy BIG BIG TRAIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BIG BIG TRAIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders ratings distribution

BIG BIG TRAIN English Boy Wonders reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars To be fully honest (as I have always been), my brother once referred to this band and asked me what I was thinking about their music. He likes the neo-prog genre more than I do which is probably due to the age difference we both figure.

Still, when I listen to the music available on their first album, I couldn't find any glittering prizes. Some fine guitar breaks submerged into an ocean of below average music.

It is a real pain to listen to this album from start to finish. Is this prog? Is this neo-prog? I don' t know. To my standards, what I can listen here is just average music, borderline.

This debut album is hard to define. Well, actually: the more I listen to it; the least difficulties I have while thinking about it. The global feeling being just an average and a longish album. Even if some nice melodies as " Cloudless And Starry And Still" are available.

Things are definitely improving with one of the best track: the long and gorgeous " Albion Perfide". Wild guitar breaks are combined with some peaceful imposing keyboard breaks and provides a fantastic feel.

As far as I'm concerned the epic "The Shipping Forecast" is the best track available: it holds some great mellotron parts and overall fine breaks. Most of these parts are pure magical moments. This song is the best available, it is a great and fabulous moment of music. Superb, really.

Just a little behing is the great " Reaching For John Dowland". A complex song which varies from from folk acoustic matter to eclectic sublime matter.

Remaining songs aren't so thrilling and I have to admit that as a whole, I can only rate this work with three starts.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#263395) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 29, 2010

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Big Big Train was one of the bands that I enjoy in last years being a moderate fan, I mean I like'em oveall but not got crazy about it. Untill they released The underfall yard 3 years ago and become a well known name in prog world, they had aswell some more then decent albums prior not quite known worl wide. English boy wonders from 1997 is among their most acomplished works, at least for me combining parts who remind me of Genesis but less symphonic with some memorable neo/pop and indie arrangements the result is pritty much ok, even great in places. What I like to this band with a quite long career being formed in late '80 and havinbg almost 10 albums in their sleeves, is that almost every album has something to offer, alternating good to excellent moments, and overall catalogue is quite consistent. Here on this album are some excellent pieces like the uplifting and full of joy Big empty skies, Albion perfide is another highlight clocking around 11 min with nice breaks , keyboards and melodic lines a thing that define all Big Big Train albums, very nice. A giddy thing is aswell catchy and damn fine tune, the rest are ok but the problem is that in some parts is to much singing and mellow parts to my ears, and is little to long album almost 80 min, if there were at least shorter with 10-15 min were better for sure. Still fine neo crossover prog where both fans of prog and those more into indie stuff might get something wel played and performed.3.5 stars among my fav Bi Big Trains albums.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#875970) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 15, 2012

5 stars Enough already! I can't let the previous reviews go by withot adding my own humble opinion. I make no apology for awarding this album the full 5 stars. Oddly, the band don't seem over-keen on this work, referring to the original recording as unfinished and disjointed (I hope I am not mis-quo ... (read more)

Report this review (#551517) | Posted by gingernut | Sunday, October 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 3/10 As much as I try to understand this album, the less he does for me. It is clear that the Big Big Train in his early career does not reach the feet of him who has been seen in recent years. English Boy Wonders is just a mediocre album that went through my life, and I hear him say that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#550841) | Posted by voliveira | Saturday, October 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Well, it only gets worse prog-pickers, this is a dire uninspiring dirge from beginning to end. Far too much singing (thats because it all sounds the same, the tempo settles just as the singer begins his soul-less narration, or so it seems to me....) English Boy wonders !!! Not the song writers ... (read more)

Report this review (#244654) | Posted by M27Barney | Wednesday, October 14, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I discovered this album recently in a charity shop in oxford, you never can tell what you might pick up!Anyway in this case it was ENGLISH BOY WONDERS FROM the U.K's BIG BIG TRAIN And what a great album it is, but such a shame it was lying there in oxfam! these guys should have there records sell ... (read more)

Report this review (#12001) | Posted by | Wednesday, April 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well here is an interesting album. At first I wasn't impressed and felt a little dissapointed with the mostly slow pacing of EBW but my opinion changed after several (hundred) plays! it now has to be one of my favourites from big big train gang! after extensive listens, there are new and inte ... (read more)

Report this review (#12000) | Posted by | Thursday, June 10, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BIG BIG TRAIN "English Boy Wonders "