TRIBE

1. Open (4:32)
2. Losing Myself (4:12)
3. Desert Dance (3:57)
4. Falling Behind (4:28)
5. The Great Divide (4:01)
6. Rhythm of Hope (3:31)
7. Tribe (4:39)
8. Blood (4:13)
9. The Art Of Life (4:12)
10. Doin' Fine (3:52)

With:
- Chris DeGarmo / Guitar
- Mike Stone / Guitar

Sanctuary Records

and to easy livin for the last updates

QUEENSRYCHE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEENSRYCHE Tribe Music

More places to buy QUEENSRYCHE music online Buy QUEENSRYCHE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEENSRYCHE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEENSRYCHE Tribe ratings distribution

QUEENSRYCHE Tribe reviews

Review by Muzikman
5 stars I anticipated the new QUEENSRYCHE release "Tribe" for many months. I saw the banner ad running for a long time on the web (Progressiveworld.net) so the advertising did work on me. I became very curious as to what this new effort would sound like, especially with the return of original guitarist Chris DeGarmo to the mix. The added anticipation of seeing them live in month did not give me any more patience in securing a copy of this CD either. Well now that I have it, I know why I was so excited. This album did not disappoint in any way.

They were on a hiatus for a bit, Geoff Tate recorded a solo album, and then they got back together to find the energy that made them so successful to start with. When you are together for a long time things can get stale and you loose your edge. Whatever they lost, they got back. The high level of musical forcefulness and emotion throughout the album is captured without fail and effectively. The first three tracks are strong statements that mark the return of a band that reigned supreme for many years in rock-progressive- metal. "Open," "Losing Myself" and "Desert Dance" has the oomph and crunching guitar riffs that is the trademark of their sound. Tate sounds as good as he ever has fronting the band and everyone else is right in line with him, pushing the intensity of their performance beyond the norm.

This is not just a musical is statement; it is a vehicle for expressing how the band feels about the world around them. The world tribe concept is the focus, with political opinions weaving in and out of every track. As the album cover indicates, the band has marked its territory with a symbolic return to the forefront of the progressive metal scene. I have to hand it to them, their steadfastness and wherewithal over the years is to their credit. This album proves to be some of their best work to date.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#23658) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2005

Review by WaywardSon
4 stars The album begins with "Open" and Geof Tate hasn´t lost anything on this song! I really good opener to the album basically telling us to open our minds! "Losing Myself" is almost danceable but nice. On "Desert Dance" things start to get a bit heavier. I have to warn everyone right now that this album lacks guitar solos!! (Hence the missing five star rating) "Falling Behind" is about how we are conditioned to keep up with the Jones´s or else we won´t be accepted into the Jones´s materialistic little group.

The next five tracks are all brilliant. "The Great Divide" is Geoff Tate looking at America , the way he sees things after Sept 11th. "Rhythm of Hope" is one of the most emotional songs Queensryche has ever written, truly stunning! The title track "Tribe" is a heavy, yet optimistic song. We have to realize that we are all members of the same tribe (the human race) "Blood" reflects Tate´s political view about the war in Iraq. He obviously thinks it was a gigantic mistake and tells us we were all lied to. Great song! "The Art of Life" is about spirituality and even has some lines by Carlos Casteneda in the lyrics. Probably the strongest song on the entire album. The last song "Doin´Fine" is a laid back song telling us to take some time off work to relax!

This is a great album. It´s a pity they don´t have enough guitar solos weaving through these songs, that would definitely make it a five star album.

Send comments to WaywardSon (BETA) | Report this review (#84212) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 19, 2006

3 stars 3.5 stars. An improvement over the previous two releases but this record seems formulated, predictable and uninspiring to me.

Having said that there are six songs here that are quite good, including the opener "Open" that features some good upfront bass work as well as some excellent drumming. The two combine to create a heavy soundscape as they churn over and over throughout the song. "Losing Myself" lost me with the electronic sounds, and although it's catchy, modern and upbeat it seems out of place.

"Desert Dance" has an Eastern sound to it and is both upbeat and heavy, a good aggressive tune. Both "Falling Behind" and "The Great Divide" are both ok songs, but don't do a lot for me.The next four songs do though starting with "Rhythm Of Hope" a good uplifting song with prominent bass lines. "Tribe" is great ! A dark,heavy song that had me saying "This is more like it ! "With tribal like percussion and the cry "We're the same tribe", it all works to perfection. "Blood" is another good, heavy, uptempo song with great drumming. "The Art Of Life" is an intense, atmospheric song. The final song "Doin' Fine" ends the record on an uplifting and hopeful note.

A good record but for those of us who know what they are capable of, we have to wonder if the glory days are gone for good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#105642) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Review by UMUR
3 stars Tribe is a welcome return to form for Queensryche after two very dissapointing albums. I had put them to rest at this point, but obviously it was a bit too soon.

First single Blood is even a little more metal oriented than Queensryche has been for years. A great song that one. The melodies on the album are stronger again after the bleak and dissapointing last record. It seems like they have gotten a vitamine injection and wanted to show the world that they could still rock.

I think they succeed well, even though there is nothing extraordinary here. Blood may be the only track that stands out from the rest. The rest of the songs are solid with good melodies and a Tate that seems like he cares again.

Queensryche will never reach the hights of Operation Mindcrime again, but this album is one of their better ones.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#148114) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars An Indian summer

Released in 2003, "Tribe" is Queensryche's eighth studio album and the follow up to the disappointing "Q2K". With the departure (sacking?) without replacement of guitarist Kelly Gray, the band is now a quartet. Significantly though former mainstay of the band Chris DeGarmo returns as a guest, contributing both to the songwriting and on guitar. This appears to have an instant effect on the rest of the band, inspiring them to create something more in keeping with earlier successes. Future member Mike Stone also helps out as a writer and guitarist.

The loose concept of the album is based around the communal aspects of a "tribe", and in particular the post 9/11 unification of the people of the US.

The album opens appropriately with "Open", a song which musically has a passing resemblance to Deep Purple's "Perfect strangers" while lyrically, the song pleads us to "Open your eyes". This is one of no less than five (of 10) tracks which DeGarmo co-writes, his partnership being mainly with singer Geoff Tate. Some of the songs are actually highly commercial to the point of being potential singles. The slightly lighter "Falling behind" falls into this category, the chorus in particular being of the anthem type. "Rhythm of hope" also cruises towards, or indeed into, AOR territory.

The songs here tend to all be from the same mould, being around 4 minutes of mid-paced heavy rock. There's little if anything which is really progressive, or indeed original. On the other hand, Queensryche are simply doing what they do best, and delivering the kind of music their fans appreciate.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#176142) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 05, 2008

Review by ProgBagel
3 stars Queensryche - 'Tribe' 3 stars

Chris DeGarmo returns!

This was a mass improvement over the last two disasters put out. The return of Chris DeGarmo seemed to have an immediate impact on this dying band. I find the overall sound of the band improved by great measure, but the songwriting increased only slightly. For once, Geoff Tate sounds like he wants the band to succeed again, rather than resting on their laurels and creating real sub-par albums. The general sound of this album is some fast paced hard rock, with a lean towards, but not fully, metal. The worst thing about this album is the lack of guitar solos, especially with the return of the guitarist that made this band what it is. Still, they managed to put out something decent and good enough to impress fans and show others that they still have something left to demonstrate.

Send comments to ProgBagel (BETA) | Report this review (#190776) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 28, 2008

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After a streak of lesser albums Queensr˙che finally made a comeback with their first semi-decent release in years.

Tribe features a solid track-list with a minor exception of the title track where the band obviously tried something new that didn't really work out too well. At least we can't blame them for not trying to evolve their sound here. Too bad there isn't a single stand-out track but after the two previous offerings I'll settle for whatever I can get. After all, the album has a nice flow from start to finish and can be considered a distant descendant of Promised Land, a follow up that never was but still somehow, sort of... is!

It's a real pity that this release have almost been completely forgotten by everyone since it's definitely among Queensr˙che's better albums. Still, from a general point of reference, better is not good enough for anyone unfamiliar with this band and their music. Therefore a good, but non-essential rating is definitely in order here.

**** star songs: Open (4:32) Losing Myself (4:12) Desert Dance (3:57) Falling Behind (4:28) Rhythm Of Hope (3:31) Blood (4:13) The Art Of Life (4:12) Doin' Fine (3:52)

*** star songs: The Great Divide (4:01) Tribe (4:39)

Total rating: 3,79

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#255726) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 12, 2009

Review by siLLy puPPy
3 stars After the Q2K train wreck, QUEENSRYCHE took a few years off to get their sheeeeet together. They opted to keep the alternative rock sound going for a third album in a row which is kind of a shame since it's my least favorite era from them but I have to admit that third time's a charm and they got the sound right this time, at least for them. After a gazillion other things plaguing the band including Chris DeGarmo exiting stage left, not only did they survive the cataclysm but mended relations with DeGarmo so that he contributed guitar parts to some of the tracks on their eighth studio album TRIBE. Not exactly a full-fledged reunion but enough to prove a very salient point about the band known as QUEENSRYCHE. It is clear to me that DeGarmo was one of the major ingredients that made this band so magical. It is the albums that he is on that I like best and the rest are just missing that extra mojo to make it special.

TRIBE only reinforces this belief because it is the songs that DeGarmo contributes to that I find most appealing. There are exceptions like the title track. Although I find this album to have way too much filler, some of the tracks are actually quite good. I love "Open," "Losing Myself" "Tribe" and "Desert Dance." Scott Rockenfield's tribal drumming along with the grungy guitars and interesting bass lines is something hitherto never tried before as far as I know especially in an alternative rock context and Geoff Tate has honed his vocals at the point to fit in with this lower register type of music. Overall a good comeback after my least favorite album from the group but unfortunately nothing on here compares to "Promised Land" and before. Still a reason not to write them off entirely for a glimmer of hope has been sparked and some good tracks to boot. Unfortunately Geoff Tate and Chris DeGarmo butted heads a few times too many and DeGarmo departed for good after this brief reunification.

Send comments to siLLy puPPy (BETA) | Report this review (#1306636) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 13, 2014

4 stars This is truly a great album for Queensr˙che, their best since 1994's PROMISED LAND. Every element of the band is ticking in perfect clockwork with each other, due in part to the dumping of musical retard Kelly Gray, and the assistance of Chris DeGarmo in the studio sessions. Of course, the true ... (read more)

Report this review (#130103) | Posted by DethMaiden | Tuesday, July 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After the two previous albums which were lowpoints in Queensryche's career they returned in 2003 with an album which I would describe as a cross between the Promised Land and Empire albums. Structurally this release resembles Empire with its simplicity, sonically it is fairly similar to Promi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88782) | Posted by Jon_Mc | Saturday, September 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Following my revival like experience at Queensryche's summer show in Atlanta I was cautiously optimistic. I hoped the band could turn back the clock and reproduce the magic that created 10 years of astoudingly awesome music and erase the bad memories from the substandard 8 years since. The founda ... (read more)

Report this review (#85150) | Posted by MrMan2000 | Sunday, July 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars After the two previous pathetic releases, I was really reluctant to buy this album. I did, and it proved to be a nice album after all... I dunno if it's because Chris De Garmo returned for this album, or simply some good inspiration. Almost all the songs are enjoyable this time (except maybe th ... (read more)

Report this review (#66548) | Posted by zaxx | Tuesday, January 24, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars In my opinion "Operation Mindcrime" is the best album ever released in the metal scene. Having this as a thought I kept buing all Queensryche CDs, although I must admit that the 2 previous albums were rather horrible. Tribe seems to be sth new but still an album with no passion at the solos, ... (read more)

Report this review (#23660) | Posted by | Wednesday, April 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It really depends on how this album is viewed. If it is viewed in comparison to album of the glorious band's past, then I think it may come out as a big disappointment. For the band's fans thought, who might somewhat have crossed out the band's name out of the awaited album releases after thei ... (read more)

Report this review (#23657) | Posted by V0lcaN0 | Thursday, January 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I have been a fan of Queensryche since 1989 **since the Mindcrime album...of course** and I also have learned to not expecting anything everytime I started to listen to their new record. Tribe is no exception. I'd hardly say this is a metal (pr progressive metal) album but it surely is heavy. ... (read more)

Report this review (#23655) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 23, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars good album needs better production queensryche is deeper and more complex than this i think they have gotten lazy i wish they would change up more and put more deapth into production after the break from empire tour i dont think they ever got back together as a band they seem to be dissconnect ... (read more)

Report this review (#23648) | Posted by | Sunday, November 23, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEENSRYCHE "Tribe"