YOU GO NOW

Chroma Key You Go Now  album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy CHROMA KEY Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Get back in the car (5:05)
2. Another permanent address (5:05)
3. Nice to know (4:31)

Search CHROMA KEY You Go Now lyrics

Search CHROMA KEY You Go Now tabs

- Kevin Moore / vocals, keyboards, bass
- David Iscove / guitar
- Steve Tushar / additional guitar (track 2)

CD Massacre Records MAS CD0223 (2000) Germany

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CHROMA KEY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CHROMA KEY You Go Now Music

Massa 2000
Dead Air for RadiosDead Air for Radios
Extra tracks · Import
Avalon Japan 2000
Dead Air for Radios (Cd Mini Lp Obi)Dead Air for Radios (Cd Mini Lp Obi)
Graveyard Mountain Home by Chroma Key CD+DVD, Limited Edition edition (2004) Audio CDGraveyard Mountain Home by Chroma Key CD+DVD, Limited Edition edition (2004) Audio CD
Inside Out
VIN BLANC - CHROMA KEY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.51 Buy It Now 50m 50s
CHROMA KEY - Dead Air For Radios / ORG PROMO EDITION Dream Theater Opeth US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
CHROMA KEY - Graveyard Mountain Home CD - New but not sealed US $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
CHROMA KEY DEAD AIR FOR RADIOS CD RARE & OPP KEVIN MOORE DREAM THEATER US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CHROMA KEY Dead Air For Radios CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CHROMA KEY - GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 4 days
CHROMA KEY - DEAD AIR FOR RADIOS - BRAND NEW MINI LP CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
CHROMA KEY - YOU GO NOW CD FATES WARNING DREAM THEATER Massacre Records 2000 US $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Dead Air for Radios by Chroma Key (CD, Feb-1999, Fight Evil Records) US $12.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Chroma Key : Dead Air for Radios CD (1999) US $10.00 Buy It Now 13 days
CHROMA KEY - GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME (SPECIAL EDITION) - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.90 Buy It Now 13 days
CHROMA KEY DEAD AIR FOR RADIOS CD MINI LP OBI US $15.34 Buy It Now 14 days
Graveyard Mountain Home (Special Edition) by Chroma Key (CD, Nov-2004, Inside... US $13.70 Buy It Now 15 days
CHROMA KEY - GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME - BONUS DVD (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $27.46 Buy It Now 15 days
Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home [CD New] US $15.91 Buy It Now 15 days
CHROMA KEY - GRAVEYARD MOUNTAIN HOME NEW CD US $22.84 Buy It Now 16 days
VIN BLANC - CHROMA KEY NEW CD US $17.46 Buy It Now 16 days
Vin Blanc - Chroma Key [CD New] US $11.39 Buy It Now 16 days
Vin Blanc - Chroma Key CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 16 days
Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home Bonus DVD Spec CD US $21.63 Buy It Now 18 days
Kevin Moore Shine promo CD advance acetate 2010 Dream Theater Chroma Key OSI US $1,000.00 Buy It Now 19 days
CHROMA KEY - YOU GO NOW Brand new, sealed CD Massacre Records US $16.99 Buy It Now 20 days
CHROMA KEY - You Go Now CD - KEVIN MOORE (ex-Dream Theater) - New but not sealed US $14.90 Buy It Now 21 days
Chroma Key (CD Album)You Go Now-Massacre-MAS CD0223-Very Good/ US $23.94 Buy It Now 22 days
Chroma Key (CD Album)You Go Now-Massacre-MAS CD0223-Very Good US $23.99 Buy It Now 22 days
NEW - Chroma Key [LIMITED EDITION] by Vin Blanc US $3.74 Buy It Now 24 days
You Go Now, Chroma Key, Good US $25.17 Buy It Now 25 days
Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home [CD New] US $12.78 Buy It Now 25 days
Chroma Key - Graveyard Mountain Home CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy CHROMA KEY music online Buy CHROMA KEY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CHROMA KEY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CHROMA KEY You Go Now ratings distribution

CHROMA KEY You Go Now reviews

4 stars I like Kevin Moore a lot, I liked his work with DREAM THEATER and FATES WARNING, and his present project OSI. And there is something special about his vocals, as soon as I hear him sing I smile. "Dead Air For Radios" is a masterpiece in my opinion and this the follow-up while not quite as good is still a very strong album.

"Get Back In The Car" is classic CHROMA KEY with that steady beat and Kevin's understated vocals. Some keys in this one too. Processed vocals late. "Another Permenant Address" again has a steady beat as vocals come in. I like the vocals better on this one than the first track. Keys and some heaviness follow. "Nice To Know" is slower with a heavier sound. Vocals come in. Great tune. "Lunar" opens with spoken vocals then a beat with piano comes in. We get a sample from "Mission Control" speaking while the beat and piano continues. The spoken words are about Apollo 11 and their condition. This continues throughout. Cool song.

"When You Drive" is funny. A man talking about positive thinking and saying that when you come to a red light you should smile at the red light, make it your friend. Haha. He goes on and on, all the while a heavy beat continues with synths and keys. Maybe it's an anger managment course, although I think Budda is mentioned. Female vocals come and go. "Subway" opens with a heavy beat and keys. Processed vocals join in. Excellent sound after 3 minutes as it gets pretty intense. "Please Hang Up" features electronics and an operator speaking. "Astronaut Down" has a good beat with what sounds like Mission Control again speaking. Processed vocals follow then Mission Control joins in again. This continues throughout although Kevin's vocals stop being processed. "You Go Now" is kind of spacey with a beat. Piano comes in and samples of someone speaking.

Very much in the same style as "Dead Air For Radios" and another winner.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#89207) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 07, 2006

Review by Tristan Mulders
4 stars Chroma Key - You go now

Most of us know that Kevin Moore, the mastermind behind Chroma Key, was the keyboard player for American prog metal band Dream Theater up to 1995. Back then he already showed the world how talented a keyboard player he was, with his atmospheric use of the instrument, as well as being a technically pretty advanced player.

However, if you are to expect a prog metal band when you are about to listen to some Chroma Key, I'm sorry to inform you that you're awaiting a huge letdown. You see, Chroma Key's music is all in typical Kevin Moore-style, but sound wise it has more in common with electronic music alike trip-hop than it has with his previous (metal) band Dream Theater.

So what is there for the listener to expect? Well, for starters you are treated to 9 atmospheric and breathy compositions, which all have their roots in electronic music (trip-hop as I mentioned before), but with a twist of space-rock added to them. The songs are an average 4.30min long, which means they're rather conventional, commercial wise, in length. Yet each of these songs has rather a lot of depth to it compositional wise. Moore's keyboards are always there, either as a lead instrument or providing that extra touch to the background.

Moore's vocals by the way are rather an acquired taste so to speak. He might sound a bit monotonous to some, but I like his vocals. They tend to blend in perfectly with the airy atmosphere of his music. For those who know Kevin Moore's other project O.S.I. (The Office of Strategic Influence): his music here is a sort of basis for his O.S.I. work, only with O.S.I. he also incorporated metal elements.

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#117389) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 05, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars I was quite ignorant with any development that Kevin Moore made after leaving Dream Theater only that I purchased two albums of OSI (Office of Strategic Intelligence). When I got this "You Go Now" album by Chroma Key I could easily associate the similarity of the music with those OSI albums especially on the spacey ambient style of the music. The first time I listened to this album, it did not quite impress me because it sounded like a collection of repeated chords and notes. On a second spin, I dig out the music deeply and I could sense the beauty of this album. And I know why I was not quite impressed with the first spin because the fact that the music uses loop sampling as rhythms section with Kevin Moore looks after most of the instruments: keyboards and bass in addition to his vocal role.

The music is I believe very accessible to many people and necessarily having prog ears. The ambient spacey style brings forward good nuance to capitalize the music for other purposes, not just listening to it. It's just like you are listening Pink Floyd, or Porcupine Tree where you can direct your mind and thoughts to explore your thinking boundaries. It's best played during the night after 10 PM in order to get a full benefit of the music. The first two opening tracks "Get back in the car" (5:05) and "Another permanent address" (5:05) are good indication on what the music sound like from the entire album. The keyboard work sounds peculiar Kevin Moore's style providing all the nuances in spacey style. The third track "Nice to know" (4:31) might give you an impression of Floydian style especially on singing style and keyboard rhythm section.

"Lunar" (3:14) brings forward nice combination of percussion loop with keyboard work overlaid by distance voice style with nice narration. It's an enjoyable track for me personally as I like the keyboard work. On the next track "When you drive" (5:27) the band continues the narrative style. It might sound boring as the chords and notes are quite repetitive in nature. If you like something with various and sudden changes, this kind of music is not suitable for you. It continues in similar vein into next track "Subway" (4:37) where this time Kevin adds some effects to improve the textures. The concluding track which is also the album title still maintains the ambient style with soft piano touch in slow tempo. It sounds like a music for original soundtrack - reminds me to Vangelis' "Chariots of Fire".

Overall, the music of this album is good and suitable for those who love spacey ambient style. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#165848) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 06, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Most of the reviewers are warning that you shouldn't expect a heavy-metal oriented album a la Dream Theater. I would add that you shouldn't expect a space-rock album either.

This work has more to do with electronic and passionless music. Very few to none songs are moving: on the contrary, they almost sound of the same and boring stuff. The dull and monotonous vocals are not of a big help either.

This short album holds no interesting songs IMHHO. Some portions of them only might be valuable. It is difficult to be attracted with such songs as the electro beat "Lunar" or the dreadful "When You Drive".

This album has very little to offer in terms of just good music. I wasn't thrilled by the musical solo debut and this follow-up is just a poor one. I just dislike these computerized vocals as they are featured in several songs

This is a very weak album IMHHO. I really don't like this work; at all.

One star. I guess that I 'm not able to rate it lower.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#184805) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 05, 2008

Review by jampa17
4 stars A step closer to ambient experimental music...

You have to come to this realase with an open mind -yeah, your'e a prog fan so you have it, but I've seen more critics inside the prog fans than in the mainstream music-. The music is full of synths, patches, and a lot of keyboard layers that surrounds Kevin Moore's voice and the result is like a convulsive dream... the moods are kind of sad and cynic, and the music is slow and kind of dreamy...

Is similar to his previous work, Dead Air For Radios, but a lot more electronic, there are less pianos and drums, and there's more synth and drum programing... the robotic voice of Moore give a lot of space to wonder what he's saying through the words... like he's always meaning something else than what he's saying, so is nice to put him attention...

About production and quality, is a tip top... but I guess the difficult part to appriciate is the instrumentation... there's no too much of it... there's good amount of music, but there's no solos or something to show off... pure ambient and all the songs work for that goal... get a proper ambient of this space-ambient music...

Needs a lot of hearing and you most have to be in the mood to this kind of music. It's special to hear with headphones... what a journey... just close your eyes and enjoy... I'm about to do it... just nice...

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#245702) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 22, 2009

Review by UMUR
3 stars You Go Now is the 2nd full-length studio album by US experimental/ progressive pop/ rock act Chroma Key. Chroma Key is the brainchild of former Dream Theater keyboard player Kevin Moore. Chroma Key should be counted as his solo project as he plays just about everything except guitar on the album.

The music is relaxed and ambient pop/ rock with a slight experimental/ progressive edge. Lots of programmed sounds and samples ( I love the samples about Apollo 11 in Lunar) on top of programmed drums, synth layers and Kevin Mooreīs almost sedated vocals. His vocals are melancholic and soothing to the ear but the his range is limited and the emotional outcome is rather one-dimensional. I really enjoy this album on occasion but I have to be in the right mood to enjoy music this relaxed. There are not enough melodic hooks here IMO which is a bit of a shame because when those hooks appear the music really reaches a higher level. Fortunately the 39:17 playing time is just perfect, and I donīt reach a point where my mind drifts which could easily have happened had the album been a bit longer.

The production is professional and suits the music well. The drum sound doesnīt always appeal to me though. Itīs a bit anonymous and lacks warmth.

You Go Now doesnīt exactly make my blood boil but itīs a very good album and if Iīm in the mood for some relaxed and ambient pop/ rock this album more than applies. Most of the time the album ends up as pleasant background music though but itīs possible to listen to the album and get a bit more out of it than that. A 3 star rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#269115) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 01, 2010

Review by JLocke
4 stars Post-Rock meets Trip-Hop meets Space-Rock . . . being played by a Prog Metal keyboardist? What?

Yes, that's right. For those who don't know, Chroma Key is a musical project by ex-Dream Theater band member, Kevin Moore (or as Mike Portnoy lovingly refers to him, 'Kevin No-Moore'). But what are we to expect with this? Not metal, that's for damn sure. If you go into this expecting Images and Words the sequel, you're going to be sorely disappointed. So throw away any preconceptions you may have had about this, and embrace it for what it is: really amazing music!

Moore's duties on this effort are multiple; he sings, plays keyboards and bass. Drums and guitars are handled by others, but this is essentially a solo project in many ways, and of course, it is much more scaled-down as a result when compared to his other projects. But that's okay; it makes Chroma Key very special and unique.

Don't expect hard-rocking Prog epics, here; that's not what it's about. But this is very beautiful, placid, ambient music that is full of heart and worth trying out. I just love how the guy is able to mix all of these soaring soundscapes together in such a successful way. Perhaps it was best that he left Dream Theater when he did; perhaps he could sense that he would be limited musically had he stayed with them. Obviously, he could have theoretically been able to do both his other projects and be in Dream Theater, but maybe he felt staying with those guys wouldn't allow him enough time to work as hard on this other, more experimental stuff.

But whatever the reason, I am very impressed with Mr. Moore, and Chroma Key is something that surprised the hell out of me. I had no Idea I would love this music so much, or so quickly. It's not what you would expect when you hear the name 'Kevin Moore', but please don't allow that to ruin your opinion of this work. It's really quite refreshing, and while much more focused on mood and atmosphere rather than complex song structures and the like, it doesn't make it any less innovative, progressive or enjoyable.

I'm giving You Go Now a 3.8 out of 5. It's worth trying out if you like smooth, jazzier Space-Rock stylings.

Happy listening.

Send comments to JLocke (BETA) | Report this review (#269232) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars After the surprising Dead Air for Radios, Chroma Key's second album continued in the same style and sound. It's not that I was hoping for a style change, but the song quality suffers a bit from too much sameness, mainly due to the static mood of the pieces.

The album takes a tremendous start though, Get Back In The Car is such a pure and touching piece of melancholic trip rock that instantly sets me into 5 star mode. Moore is brilliant in mixing space rock, post rock, soft jazz and electro into his own unique type of lounge prog, for lack of a better name. Another Permanent Address is very similar but less compelling. Also Astronaut Down dwells in the same space and with a much better result. Great song.

More nice surprises come from two very atmospheric tracks. Nice To Know and the instrumental Lunar. Also When You Drive melts the trip hop of Massive Attack into deliciously lazy soft jazz. The remaining tracks, Subway, Please Hang Up and You Go Now don't do much for me.

I think that a greater diversity in mood and some progression from the previous album might have made for a more inspiring listen. On this album I miss the sweat of an artist challenging himself. Nevertheless, it's a good album with many strong tracks.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#277767) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4 stars This album is very similar to its predecessor. Dead Air for Radios and You Go Now both feature laid-back piano/synth-led tracks with Moore's trademark vocals and lyrics. The similarities mostly end there. That makes it sound like they must be very different albums, but they're not. There's a coup ... (read more)

Report this review (#239335) | Posted by Una Laguna | Tuesday, September 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Kevin Moore's Chroma Key... I hadn't tried listening to it until recently. I can certainly understand he wanted to quit Dream Theater if this is the musical direction he wants to go. You Go Now is an atmospheric, spacey and laid-back album, with elements of melancholy, though maybe not as muc ... (read more)

Report this review (#88491) | Posted by Tailscent | Wednesday, August 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Kevin Moore's Chroma Key project cannot be further from what you expect from the man who was a founding member of Dream Theater and OSI and a collaborator with Fates Warning. One of the most prominent figures in Prog-Metal does about the furthest thing from the flashy pyrotechnics of that genr ... (read more)

Report this review (#87572) | Posted by Equality 7-2521 | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars First off, let me say that Kevin Moore himself doesn't consider his music progressive anymore, especially after his departure from Dream Theater. That being said, I find his music progressive in my own sense in that he keeps pushing things along, perhaps not with the time signature and tempo ch ... (read more)

Report this review (#57519) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars To really understand Chromakey is to get out of the musical media... a true object of indie label production. I mean, Kevin Moore has tried hard enough to be some how "out" of the mainstream, in a way to be clean and consious about his compositions, and this second album is a good example. Thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#26683) | Posted by arqwave | Saturday, September 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not as good as the first one, but still a good effort. Moore uses the "change chord over same root note" trick way too often and it ultimately drags the album down composition-wise. The main elements that made Dead Air for Radios such a good release are there, however: brooding introspection, melodi ... (read more)

Report this review (#26681) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CHROMA KEY "You Go Now "