DEL╠RIVM CĎRDIA

Fantomas Delýrivm C˛rdia album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy FANTOMAS Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Surgical Sound Specimens From The Museum Of Skin (01:14:16)

Total Time: 01:14:16

Search FANTOMAS Delýrivm C˛rdia lyrics

Search FANTOMAS Delýrivm C˛rdia tabs

- Mike Patton / vocals/noises
- Buzz Osborne / guitar
- Trevor Dunn / bass
- Dave Lombardo / drums

Ipecac

and to Joren for the last updates

FANTOMAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FANTOMAS Delýrivm C˛rdia Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Director's CutThe Director's Cut
Ipecac Recordings 2001
Delirium CordiaDelirium Cordia
Ipecac Recordings 2004
Suspended Animation (Limited Edition)Suspended Animation (Limited Edition)
Limited Edition
Ipecac Recordings 2005
Director's Cut Live: A New Years RevolutionDirector's Cut Live: A New Years Revolution
Multiple Formats
Ipecac Recordings 2011
DVD$6.00
FantomasFantomas
Ipecac Recordings 1999

More places to buy FANTOMAS music online Buy FANTOMAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FANTOMAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FANTOMAS Delýrivm C˛rdia ratings distribution

FANTOMAS Delýrivm C˛rdia reviews

Review by hdfisch
2 stars Sick,completely sick!I can't tell more!--Noises from a surgery on someone still alive..... and some Slayer type of metal in between.If you like noise and sick music and you are fan of Slayer (and horror movies) well go for it,just have fun .....or just the most terrifying experience in music you've ever got!For sure "progressive" yes indeed! Even the most difficult FRANK ZAPPA albums are much easier to get into (maybe Mainstream compared to this), but once again....music????I would say rather NO!!!!Really only recommended for fans of very sick music (and of horror movies), humanoids,aliens and so on!!!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#34062) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 07, 2005

Review by frenchie
3 stars This is scary scary stuff. Most of the time i can barely call it music, just the scary sounds of surgery on the concious. There are bits of music inbetween. i would say this is a progressive piece, mainly just one giant build up. It is very much let down by the last 20 minutes which is a loop of a record scratching which builds up to the band just saying 1,2,3,4 and then the album ends. Not at all worth the wait. This part should have been cut from the album.

This piece is ultimately very difficult to rate. It isn't gripping, it isn't a good piece of music, yet it is good experimentally and good at scaring the listener. Its definetly a worthwile listen, i can even imagine this piece having repeat qualities but i have to give it a pretty much strip down the middle score as that's all their is here. Good effects, good concept. It's not for everyone. I listened to it only because i made myself. I thought it was good yet i still wanted to turn it off at times, it is a very difficult piece to tackle. I recommend you at least give it a try and then after that you can do whatever you want with this record. Ultimately it is a good piece, debateable whether it is even a piece of music, its weird for the sake of weird.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#34063) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 07, 2005

Review by con safo
3 stars You're going into surgery, but something isnt right. You can still hear the voices of people around you, but you can't speak, or move. You can feel the cold knives cutting you open, and you can feel them reaching into your insides, picking you apart. Horrifying to even think of. Now take this feeling, and put it into song.. Hard to imagine yes? Enter Fantomas - Delirium Cordia.

...... MY GOD. This is the most insane 'music' ive ever heard, if you dare call it music. It really cant be put into words, a mad mix of ambience, death metal, jazz, and everything else Mike Patton can cram in there. This is Patton's creativity going overboard, creating something completely original and impossible to describe. The concept is intense, and the music can get very frightening. Sudden bursts of death metal in between ambient segments, this music will scare the hell out of you. Not for the faint of ear, this is definitely a tough peice to wrap your head around.. I don't know what to think of it, but i'm definitely intrigued. The album ends on an odd note, 20 minutes of vinyl crackling, only to build up to someone saying 1234. Save yourself the trouble and consider the song over when this starts. Epic, frightening and wierder than you can imagine. I would'nt recommend buying this album, but if you have an open mind and enjoy dark music, you must hear this. It's like nothng else ever recorded. 3.5/5 -con safo

Send comments to con safo (BETA) | Report this review (#34069) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Review by GoldenSpiral
3 stars Weird, weird, weird, weird, weird.

This album is for the most daring prog fans. It is a fantastic journey all its own, but it is certainly not for the faint of heart. This is an album to listen to and own just to say you have. Listening to this record from start to finish is quite an accomplishment, and it gives the listener a sense of sick pride at the end ("I dont know what the hell that was, but I made it through alive..."). Surgical Sound... cannot truly be enjoyed in bits and pieces, only as a whole work, which makes it incredibly difficult to listen to, but it should be appreciated at least for the amazing artistic effort put in by Mike Patton and friends. It is a truly original work, listing influences would be redundant, with the exception of, say, Ed Wood horror movie soundtracks mixed with Slayer.

Approach this album with caution, but enjoy it once you get there.

Send comments to GoldenSpiral (BETA) | Report this review (#42050) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Although being warned about it, this was my first true introduction to Fant˘mas and the world of Mike Patton. This is basically one 74-minute long experimental suite going through a countless of different moods and musical parts. The main concept about this album is the horror of waking up while under surgery, this being reflected in the intense, creepy and downright uncomfortable atmosphere of the music. At the same time, this is extremely unpredictable stuff and very demanding and need patience and concentration while listening to it. Unlike their other albums, this one is more ambient styled rather than the "start-stop-BANG!" madness of their other ones, and that's what makes it so creepy and downright sick at times. The band rarely plays together here and for the most of the time it's Patton noodling with samples, vocals and so on, but the result works extremely well although being VERY unaccessible, but convincingly unique and original.

A very chilling and scary album which is a perfect example of a "love it or hate it" release. Me personally love this stuff though it's doesn't quite top their debut or Suspended Animation. A few moments are weaker than others, and the last 20 minutes with the sound of an LP at the very end of it, are rather unecessary. But overall a very interesting release, but definitely not for the faint of heart!

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#81811) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 23, 2006

Review by rushfan4
1 stars What the heck was the point of this? It is my understanding that this was the soundtrack to some horror film or surgery documentary or something. It should never have been separated from the movie. Listening to this album was the biggest waste of 74 minutes of my life; and writing this review adds another 15 minutes of waste to my life. The highlight of this album is that it is one song that is 74 minutes long. I was able to download it from eMusic and it only cost me 1 download. Unfortunately, I want that 1 download back so I can download an actual song. There is very little of anything that I would actually call music involved with this song/album. It is just noise and sound effects with some nonmusical instrumental noodling thrown in here and there. I could run a tape recorder of me sleeping and then take all the highlights of my snoring, coughing, farting, and maybe the occasional talking in my sleep (or if I listen to this album again the nightmare screams) and it would be just as musical as this album. Throw in a good sheet rustle and I'll have a masterpiece compared to this.

I don't like doing negative reviews but I think that it is important that anyone who has decent musical tastes and puts a lot of trust into fellow PA members tastes and reviews not be fooled by all the 4 and 5 star ratings this albums has gotten. This is in absolutely no way a masterpiece. Oh, one other possible benefit of this album might be with Halloween coming up this could be the background music that you play at your home in order to spook the trick or treaters.

Send comments to rushfan4 (BETA) | Report this review (#143355) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Review by Wicket
3 stars Mike Patton is the equivalent to metal as Frank Zappa is/was to rock and John Zorn is to jazz. All three take the rulebooks of their respective genres and threw them out of the window.

In Patton's case, he probably burned it, crushed it in a trash compactor and then ate it for dinner.

I love Patton's work in Faith No More and Mr. Bungle, and I've also taken a liking in his side project's like Tomahawk and his "pop" project Peeping Tom, but Fantomas is the most difficult of any of his works to get into (besides his solo stuff where he's just making noise and sounding like a dying 3 year old throwing up a grand piano with a knife in his back).

Despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of Fantomas, this record especially, it's massive to see what a pioneer in avant-garde metal he has been, much like Zorn and Zappa.Only a sick, twisted mind like his would create a 76 minute long track recreating surgery without anesthesia squeezing in thrash metal and punk, jazz, even chant in some sections! It's as if Patton requested to make a movie on this subject, got denied and decided to make that movie into one long song.

A song nobody would probably ever buy in their lives (except diehard Patton fans).

Easily stated, this is not for everyone. This and their self-titled album are more sonically experimental that most of Patton's work, period. If anything, "The Director's Cut" and "Suspended Animation" are more intriguing releases, where the former is Patton's take on popular movie tunes, while the latter is similar to their first disc, except through a blended Japanese cartoon show.

All in all, if you don't like the sounds of metal objects moving flesh around, steer clear of this disc. You have been warned.

Send comments to Wicket (BETA) | Report this review (#518984) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 10, 2011

3 stars Delirium Cordia was my first introduction to Fantomas (not the best intro piece I know), but it definitely achieved its goal of being a disconcerting concept piece about surgery. Maybe I was in the proper environment of a dark room with windows open to night skies or something - but it was cre ... (read more)

Report this review (#547943) | Posted by Renkls | Tuesday, October 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Fantomas - Delirium Cordia There will be little to nothing to say about this album, but most everything of what needs to be said will certainly be positive. Delirium Cordia is quite an insane piece of work, and stands as quite the opposite of much other Fantomas work. The album is but one long, ... (read more)

Report this review (#171268) | Posted by Figglesnout | Saturday, May 17, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is probably Mike Patton's masterpiece. But be cautious on picking this album, as it is VERY creepy and unusual. Delirium Cordia is all about having surgery done on you, with cold sound effects in the background. People pick at your organs but they don't know what's wrong, you can hea ... (read more)

Report this review (#160708) | Posted by pinkpork | Sunday, February 03, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Not for everyone, and honestly if you review this piece with the missaprehension that it's going to be a fun trip then you missed the interior photos of surgeries, hell you didn't even bother paying attention to the albums title. If you did miss those photos before you listened and you expected ... (read more)

Report this review (#153479) | Posted by JRuined | Sunday, December 02, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It's hard to me speak anything about any Mike Patton project. This man is a musical mentor to me, he changed my way to see music with Mr. Bungle's Disco Volante. Since then I created an enormous interest in experimental music. I thought "What a crazy album!"... Yeah, right. I didn't know Fant˘mas ... (read more)

Report this review (#54681) | Posted by Fant˘mas | Friday, November 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ello first i just want to say that is a definitive masterpiece in the art of making sound atmosphears. It is just fantastic the way Mike Patton manage to get a story told without use of words, and although it can not be reviewed and a normal music album the mood this album captures is terrific ... (read more)

Report this review (#50219) | Posted by Lindsay Lohan | Thursday, October 06, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars What can I say about this monster of an album. This is just so experimental, so avantgarde, so un-music that it's bound to knock you right out of your chair. I was totally blown away when I heard this completely for the first time. The album consists of one 74-minute suite; it actually has 55 ... (read more)

Report this review (#34070) | Posted by | Thursday, May 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars While the casual Fantomas fan may want to begin with The Director's Cut (most accessible of their albums) Delirium Corida is hands down their crowning achievement. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. This is most ambitious, risk-taking album they've done. It not only combines every el ... (read more)

Report this review (#34068) | Posted by | Wednesday, April 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Delerium Cordia sounds like a soundtrack for an old black & White horror movie. Very dark music with great build up of tension and fright. The created atmosphere digs deep in your soul. Alternating soft slow build ups with explosions of sound and noise. The music is frantic, weird and ultimat ... (read more)

Report this review (#34066) | Posted by tuxon | Friday, March 18, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is unlike anything else. While it falls just short of being a masterpiece ( I'll explain later in this review) It still should be heard by prog fans. It is a SINGLE 74 min orchestrated by Mike Patton himself (Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Tomahawk, other things) with help from Dave L ... (read more)

Report this review (#34061) | Posted by aqualung28 | Monday, January 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FANTOMAS "Delýrivm C˛rdia"