TRUST

Saga

Saga Trust album cover

Buy SAGA Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. That's As Far As I'll Go (4:36)
2. Back To The Shadows (5:16)
3. I'm OK (5:36)
4. Time To Play (3:31)
5. My Friend (3:19)
6. Trust (5:44)
7. It's Your Life (4:10)
8. Footsteps In The Hall (3:25)
9. Ice In The Rain (5:01)
10. You Were Right (4:05)
11. On The Other Side (4:56)

Search SAGA Trust lyrics

Search SAGA Trust tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals
- Jim Critchon / bass
- Ian Critchon / guitars
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Brian Doerner / drums

CD InsideOut IOMCD 246 (2006)
Special Edition CD+DVD: InsideOut IOMSECD 246 (2006)

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Trust Music

TrustTrust
Limited Edition · Special Edition
Inside Out U.S. 2006
LP saga ~ USD $22.21
CD saga ~ USD $16.12
LP saga ~ USD $22.21

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Trust ratings distribution

SAGA Trust reviews

Review by Melomaniac
4 stars Everyone has their opinions about which albums from this Canadian band are good and which are not. I will start by saying that, in general, I love Saga's albums from the first up to Heads or Tales, Behaviour being the album where, for me, things started to get a bit less interesting. Wildest Dreams and Beginner's Guide... I really don't like, Security of Illusion was good, Steel Umbrellas is, in my opinion their worst effort, Generation 13 I found amazing, The Pleasure and the Pain, with it's heavier side and session drummer (I was never too fond of Negus' drumming, except on Generation 13 where he shines brightly) was also very good. Full Circle was ok, House of Cards was great, Marathon was good, and Network I really like (again, Negus shines by his absence, Christian Simpson did a great job behind the kit).

Which brings us to Trust...

Enter new drummer Brian Doerner (formerly of Helix). He is, without a doubt, the best drummer Saga ever had, and I sincerely hope he'll stick around for a while. Trust is their best album since House of Cards, and among their top five from all time. You can find Gentle Giant influences in here, especially in songs like Footsteps in the Hall and On the Other Side. Saga managed to go back to their early style and still sound fresh with Trust. Only one song I find less interesting, which is Time to Play. Every other song is, simply put, Saga at their best. Only downfall : the album is too short !!!

4 and a half stars.

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#80773) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 09, 2006

Review by Menswear
5 stars When the going get tough, the tough gets on going.

Man, is it me or Canadians bands seems to live longer than many other bands? Triumph, Rush, Gowan, Harmonium, Uzeb and Saga are good examples. They seems to grow unfatigable even after 25-30 years of good services. Gotta be that hockey and maple syrup....

Saga was to me an attractive band 'artwork' speaking. I thought the firefly logo was a catchy trademark and the LP covers fascinated me as a kid. But their songs...hmm, not a close as Rush. With time, I understood they're not playing the same leagues, nor the same crowd. Saga is more on the friendly side with an evident 80's sound, but this time, it's been hyped up on something!

This is not brain teaser by any means, but it's not fast food on the other hand. Saga can be surprisingly good musicians and songwriters; many times I've cranked up the volume thinking: 'Woo, this rocks!" And it does rocks. Against all odds, this is a very decent record.

Like Kansas, Toto or Styx, Saga has tremendous feet stomping potential: good (Mega Man style) guitar solos, catchy catchy catchy choruses, Gentle Giant winks and satisfying keyboard textures.

If you're looking for ONE simple but good, intelligent entertainment, Trust is a very good value. Most of the songs are pleasant and it's varied from rock to prog.

And to me, it's been a long time that I've had a soft spot for the 80's feel!

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#81439) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 18, 2006

Review by lor68
4 stars In the vein of the best melodic albums by Styx (a band which is closer to their spirit and sense of melody as well) and sometimes resembling also the mood of Kansas, the present new issue by Saga is not equal to their best album of the nineties ("Generation 13th"), but it's worth checking out at least! First of all the production is excellent as usual, but especially this time the work of synths is executed with the greatest care for detail, by means of the best technological devices. Beyond our imagination, this "Trust" is one step closer to the best proto-type of such an important sound engineering. Therefore their singer Michael Sadler has recently become well aware of the importance of his role: his vocalism implies that their melodies must be supported by his strong interpretation!!

Secondly, the remarkable guitar job performed by Ian Critchon is able to increase all the credits of Saga, among the several new melodic pop progressive bands of the world (Styx, Enchant, Collage and so on), because these latter often miss the impact of the harmonic guitar parts invented by Ian. Of Course Saga has always performed a melodic and commercial pop progressive music genre, which is far away for instance from the mood of some experimental progressive rock bands such as Glass Hammer, After Crying, A Triggering Myth, relatively speaking; nevertheless the goal of Saga has been successfully achieved once again, thanks also to their clever arrangements!! Besides the special effects inside That's As Far As I'll Go", the pleasan t melodic ballad "My Friend" and especially the impact of "On the Other Side", one of the best tracks, are quite memorable. At the end I could remember their job, after their pretty chorus within "It's Your Life", but above all the "interlacement" of the melodies created by their synths will stand alone as the best "trademark" of Saga ever.

The best album for your lightest and relaxed moments!!

Score: from 3 to 4 stars

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#83198) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 09, 2006

Review by debrewguy
3 stars Some may think they know what the contents will be when you pick up a Saga album . Pomp Rock with dashes of AOR and or Pop depending on the time period.

However, on their best releases, the group manages to forge a sound all their own that is more than that, and hard to describe. It's easy to identify, yet, there are always additions, changes, aspects that are muted or mutated from one album to another.

So what's the overview on this one - heavier, not just guitar-wise, but also in the keyboard sounds. If it wasn't for the fact that it wasn't released in 2006, I'd have no problem being convince it was released in the 80s, during the heydays of Arena Rock. And a good Arena rock album it is.

Trust, the title song, reminds me of mid period Rush with the big guitars, and the swooshing synths in the back. Footsteps in the Hall bring them back to songs like How Long & Compromise. That's As Far As I'll Go, the album opener is probably the most symbolic song as far as the whole package goes. Gilmour's keyboards, Crichton's guitars, Sadler's soaring vocals.

It's not that Saga has covered new ground here. And they have put out more interesting albums. But in a career spanning 16 studio albums over 30 plus years, I'd dare anyone to name more than a few acts that have been as consistent, and have regularly delivered albums that their fans consider band classics.

And so, while I give it a 3 only, I admit that the Saga fan will find much to enjoy here. And if you're just starting to get into their collection, this one won't disappoint.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#213807) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 04, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Back to the shadows?

Trust seems to be a popular album here on PA, and it is indeed another good Saga album, but in comparison with the two albums that surrounded it - 2004's Network and 2007's 10.000 Days - Trust is actually a less good album in my opinion. This album does indeed feature all the usual Saga trademarks - some of which I like a lot and some of which I don't like very much. The typically catchy songs are occasionally just too catchy for me here; too cheerful and superficial to be fully enjoyed. The overly anthemic and repetitive chorus of I'm Ok, for example, is hard to stomach. Such generic words are just not worthy of that kind of display. I liked the previous Network and even more so the follow-up 10.000 Days, two albums that were slightly darker and more serious. I also think that especially 10.000 Days was also more progressive than Trust is.

The 11 tracks on Trust are rather short, even by Saga standards, the longest being the title track of just less than six minutes and the shortest is just over three minutes. This leaves less room for solos and instrumental workouts. There are some nice quirks in some of these songs for sure and some songs towards the end are even slightly Gentle Giant-like, buy personally I prefer the Neo-Prog and Prog Metal leanings of the other two aforementioned albums. Still, there are some very good songs here and there is no sign of the band losing any power despite going on and on for years and years, constantly making good albums.

Trust is indeed yet another good Saga album that is bound to please the Saga fans and many fans of progressive Rock in general, this reviewer included. This is not among Saga's very best and next album would, in my opinion, be an improvement over the present one. Three stars, but "that's as far as I'll go"!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#239877) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 18, 2009

Review by b_olariu
3 stars 3.5 stars for sure

Saga was and is one of my fav bands ever, I have a soft spot for them , that's why I still buying their albums since 2 decades ago when I've first encountered their music. Trust from 2006 is another worthy album from their vast catalogue, maybe not as shining brilliant as their classics, but a fairly good album in Saga style. They developed over the yeras their own brend of music, combinig complex progressive parts dominating by excellent guitars and keyboards with catchy melodic parts, that made them fampous world wide. Well, this album stars with the great opener That's As Far As I'll Go, the best tune from the album with unique excellent deep voice of sadler. The album is perfect progressive/art rock release, where each musicians even don't really sine, they done a great job. This is typical Saga album, no less no more. I like what I've heared here as on every Saga album, I do considered that they don't have weak albums, only some periods in their career were more great and inventive then others. Love this band for years Trust desearve 3,5 stars for sure. Great band

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#829780) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 28, 2012

4 stars "Scratching the surface. You better come up for air. A new experience to get you there." Saga was another one of those bands I had only marginal interest in that appeared on late night music video TV. The chorus of the song was catchy and memorable, but like Yes, Genesis, Glass Tiger and a fe ... (read more)

Report this review (#847454) | Posted by FragileKings | Wednesday, October 31, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you are searching for a disk will capable to reach success between the old and new progressive fans... one choice with chance to make your satisfaction completed, is the album TRUST from the Canadian band SAGA,album release in 2006. This album is fully of heavy,neo and symphonic prog sple ... (read more)

Report this review (#796285) | Posted by maryes | Saturday, July 28, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars More a variety of songs, some containing classic SAGA material in the On the Loose Period, others going into Radiohead territory, then Tool territory, some Neo Progressive as well. Everything is well written and performed. Michael Sadler's voice holds up. New drummer Brian Doerner of heavy me ... (read more)

Report this review (#221621) | Posted by SMSM | Wednesday, June 17, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I came across this album cheap on Ebay, and as I'd heard the name Saga before, I thought it wouldn't hurt to check them out. I'm glad I did. As the opening riff of 'That's As Far As I Go' gets going, I knew I was listening to someone different than the norm. As a guitar player myself I instantly ... (read more)

Report this review (#182271) | Posted by Valarius | Friday, September 12, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars About ten years ago, I had more or less given up on this band. "Pleasure and the pain was probably one of the absolute worst (if not THE worst) effort a group or artist I had ever liked ever did come up with...ever. Yes, I am rubbing it in. But a few years later it seemed they had recovered and ma ... (read more)

Report this review (#158505) | Posted by sanjuansueco | Sunday, January 13, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Musically, you can't fault this album. All the current members of Saga are very, very good musicians. I particularly love the piano parts that flavour this release and the vocals are also very striking. But I can't make up my mind if I really like the album yet. It is actually the first Saga a ... (read more)

Report this review (#114558) | Posted by scarista | Thursday, March 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wow! The undisputed masters of 80's pop-prog are back in high form! (Please don't mistake this for Neo-Prog) This music is like a window into a forgotten world - the imagined worlds of Jules Verne, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, H. G. Wells, Fritz Lang. It is an echo of the Saga's best years, w ... (read more)

Report this review (#83626) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Thursday, July 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Finally a Saga album that has not let me down. I love the first four, the debut thru Worlds Apart but after that have not heard anything that rivaled those album til now, though 1992's Security of Illusion and 2001's House of Card were getting close. The production on this album is absolutely ... (read more)

Report this review (#79372) | Posted by zx2781 | Friday, May 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I have to admit this is the first Saga album i buy in a long long long time. I've heard the new crop of albums ( Full Circle, House of Cards, Marathon, Network, Chapters Live) but none of them made me actually take my credit card out and actually buy it like Trust did. The album is already a ... (read more)

Report this review (#78413) | Posted by V for Victory | Wednesday, May 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Well here we go again fellow Saga fans a new release from the masters of Canadian prog. Another inspired offering from my fellow countrymen who have been heartfully adopted by Germany.This album could easily be called "Covering all the Bases " ,which they do very deftly ,unabashedly bringing i ... (read more)

Report this review (#77879) | Posted by nordwind | Friday, May 12, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, what do you know!? This is actually the first Saga album in more than fifteen years that I actually like. I was a huge Saga fan in the early eighties, had all their LPs, saw them a couple of times perform live, but gradually my enthusiasm died with every album that was less progressive and ... (read more)

Report this review (#76699) | Posted by | Sunday, April 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Well, what to say about this masters with almost 30 years of trajectory. There is his new one, and I trusted them inmediatelly since I know "Trust" was the title of the record, because I know SAGA is warranty. And in fact, this album was risen from all the saga history to become one only modern a ... (read more)

Report this review (#74864) | Posted by | Thursday, April 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Trust"