HIT

Buy PETER GABRIEL Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

Disc 1 [76:01]:
1. Solsbury Hill (4:23)
2. Shock The Monkey (3:59)
3. Sledgehammer (4:51)
4. Don't Give Up (5:55)
5. Games Without Frontiers (3:57)
6. Big Time (4:28)
7. Burn You Up, Burn You Down (5:26)
8. Growing Up (4:48)
9. Digging In The Dirt (5:15)
10. Blood Of Eden (5:06)
11. More Than This (4:33)
12. Biko (6:58)
13. Steam (6:02)
14. Red Rain (5:39
15. Here Comes The Flood (4:32)

Disc 2 [74:13]:
1. San Jacinto (6:31)
2. No Self-Control (3:54)
3. Cloudless (4:47)
4. The Rhythm Of The Heat (5:19)
5. I Have The Touch (4:19)
6. I Grieve (7:24)
7. D.I.Y. (2:38)
8. A Different Drum (4:47)
9. The Drop (3:03)
10. The Tower That Ate People (4:06)
11. Lovetown (5:23)
12. Father
13. Son (4:47)
14. Signal To Noise (7:34)
15. Downside Up (5:32)
16. Washing Of The Water (3:54)

Search PETER GABRIEL Hit lyrics

- Dominic Greesmith & Jerry Marotta / drums
- Ged Lynch, Will White, Stephen Hague & Phil Collins / percussion
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan / background vocals

EMI #07243 595237 2 9

and to bandini for the last updates

PETER GABRIEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER GABRIEL Hit Music

So (25th Anniversary Remaster)So (25th Anniversary Remaster)
Real World Productions 2012
Extra tracks
Real World Productions 2014
Secret World LiveSecret World Live
Geffen Records 1994
Peter Gabriel Passion The Last Temptation Soundtrack CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 53m
PETER GABRIEL: self titled (3rd album) US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 54m
INTERSCOPE 8/2002 THE TRAGICALLY HIP / PETER GABRIEL / MS JADE / THICKE US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
HOT TRACKS 12-1 - Peter Gabriel Steam / Annie Lennox Little Bird Sunscreem Snap US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Music CD Peter Gabriel Shaking The Tree 16 Golden Greats 1990 US $2.54 Buy It Now 2h 9m
PETER GABRIEL - SHAKING THE TREE: SIXTEEN GOLDEN GREATS (REISSUE) NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Peter Gabriel by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-1988, Atco (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Passion [Remaster] by Peter Gabriel (CD, May-2002, Geffen) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel : Peter Gabriel CD (1990) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
PETER GABRIEL - 1978 -- "The D.I.Y. Album: featuring: "D.I.Y." US $4.79 [0 bids]
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats by Peter Gabriel CD Free Ship #DY36 US $4.03 Buy It Now 2h 47m
PETER GABRIEL SHAKING CD GOLD DISC RECORD LP FREE P&P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 3h
OVO [The Millennium Show] by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-2000, Real World Records) US $9.44 Buy It Now 3h 12m
PETER GABRIEL - PETER GABRIEL 1: CAR (REISSUE) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 3h 16m
CD SOUNDTRACK Felicity KATE BUSH Peter Gabriel MORLEY US $7.50 Buy It Now 3h 18m
PETER GABRIEL - PETER GABRIEL 4: SECURITY (REISSUE) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 3h 26m
PETER GABRIEL - SO (25TH) (ANNIVERSARY) (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $37.28 Buy It Now 3h 26m
GENESIS 10 LP lot Peter Gabriel tmoq takrl submerge swelled spent piece action US $69.99 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL ~'1'~UK CHARISMA LP 1977~Genesis~Solsbury US $13.62 Buy It Now 3h 54m
PETER GABRIEL AND VARIOUS ARTISTS**SCRATCH MY BACK/AND I'LL SCRATCH YOURS**2CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Genesis Live Original SEALED LP Charisma 1974 Canada Press Peter Gabriel US $26.39 Buy It Now 4h 4m
PETER GABRIEL - PLAYS LIVE HIGHLIGHTS (REISSUE) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Peter Gabriel - Digging In The Dirt / Quiet Steam, Virgin PGS-7 Ex Condition 7" US $6.80 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Plays Live by Peter Gabriel (CD, Jun-1983, Geffen) US $6.00 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL iv self titled s/t same PG4 A1U/B1U 1st pressing uk LP PS EX/EX US $21.15 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Peter Gabriel Big Time Dance Mix 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Peter Gabriel Self Ttiled Lp 1978 US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Peter Gabriel Self Ttiled Lp 1980 US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Peter Gabriel Shock The Monkey USA 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
PETER GABRIEL - SCRATCH MY BACK NEW CD US $22.20 Buy It Now 4h 26m
PETER GABRIEL - US ( CD ) US $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Peter Gabriel 2 (scratch) sealed mint original Atlantic no bar code w breathe ho US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Gangs of New York Soundtrack U2 Peter Gabriel Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIP US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
City of Angels Soundtrack Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING U2 Peter Gabriel Jimi Hendrix US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
PETER GABRIEL-SO US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS W/ PETER GABRIEL - Profile 1968-69 GERMAN PRESS Prog Psych VG+/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Peter Gabriel ?- SW Live EP CD Numbered RARE digipak Limited Edition US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Peter Gabriel ?- Solsbury Hill CD - US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 18m
PETER GABRIEL CD MADE IN BRAZIL RARE PRESS 1992 WITHOUT BARCODE GENESIS US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 29m
PETER GABRIEL s/t LP 1980 Mercury orig w/insert VG++ US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Peter Gabriel Security 1982 Townhouse 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $58.00 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Peter Gabriel Security Japan Charisma 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $85.00 Buy It Now 5h 33m
PETER GABRIEL sledgehammer/don't break this rhythm PGS 1 uk 1986 7" PS EX/EX US $11.91 Buy It Now 5h 37m
PETER GABRIEL tape cassette SO album 1986 geffen records US $8.33 Buy It Now 5h 38m
* PETER GABRIEL - Shaking the Tree: 16 Golden .. (HITS) 1990 geffen US $2.25 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Peter Gabriel : Peter Gabriel CD (1990) US $9.23 Buy It Now 5h 39m
PETER GABRIEL & KATE BUSH Don't Give Up 12" vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $19.16 Buy It Now 5h 54m
PETER GABRIEL Big Time 1987 UK 3-track 12" vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $17.02 Buy It Now 5h 55m
PETER GABRIEL Big Time 1986 USA Geffen 12" vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $19.16 Buy It Now 5h 57m
PETER GABRIEL -Peter gabriel Self Title KOREA LP Insert Genesis. US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 8m
GREMLINS: Michael Sembello,Peter Gabriel,Quarterflash SEALED OST LP Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Peter Gabriel - Security (CD, 2011-2, US issue) US $3.68 Buy It Now 6h 17m
NOS PETER GABRIEL AND KATE BUSH.......DON'T GIVE UP US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Peter Gabriel No Self Control Holland 2 LP Set Vinyl LP US $39.75 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Peter Gabriel : Peter Gabriel 1: Car CD (2002) US $9.96 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Peter Gabriel Lot CD's US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Peter Gabriel : So CD (1990) US $3.25 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YOUSSOU N'DOUR AND PETER GABRIEL shakin' the tree 12" 3 trk b/w old tucson and s US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Us by Peter Gabriel (CD, Apr-2003, Geffen) US $2.00 [0 bids]
1986 PETER GABRIEL BIG TIME 7" 45 & PICTURE SLEEVE EXCELLENT US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Peter Gabriel sings in German SECURITY "DEUTSCHES" lp US $27.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
John Lennon Give Peace a Chance w/ PETER GABRIEL Lenny kravitz PROMO CD Beatles US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h
Genesis PETER GABRIEL Games Without Frontiers USA 7 INCH Vinyl 45 Mercury 76063 US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
GENESIS 2X LP BEST OF ROCK POP PHIL COLLINS PETER GABRIEL BUDDAH US $5.97 Buy It Now 7h 23m
PETER GABRIEL SOLSBURY HILL / MORIBUND THE BURGERMEISTER 7" VINYL SINGLE US $4.24 Buy It Now 7h 24m
2 PETER GABRIEL Soviet Union USSR Russia SO & GREENPEACE record vinyl lp 1980 s US $29.95 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL - Birdy ~ VINYL LP US $15.92 Buy It Now 7h 35m
12" LP Record. Peter Gabriel. 1978 Atlantic Records SD 19181 US $4.95 [0 bids]
Us by Peter Gabriel LN/Mint (Geffen, 1992) US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
PETER GABRIEL REAL WORLD CD GOLD DISC RECORD FREE P&P! US $153.36 Buy It Now 7h 48m
PETER GABRIEL BIKO SHOSHOLOZA CHARISMA CB 370 GENISIS DOWNTEMPO RARE VINYL 7" US $5.10 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL Plays Live 2 LP Records 1983 RARE US $14.50 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Peter Gabriel Scratch My Back/ I'll Scratch Yours 2 12" Vinyl LP set US $29.00 Buy It Now 8h 9m
PETER GABRIEL Biko 12" Record RARE 1985 IMPORT US $12.98 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats by Peter Gabriel (CD, Dec-1990, Geffen) US $2.25 Buy It Now 8h 15m
PETER GABRIEL**BIRDY: MUSIC FROM THE FILM(DIGI)**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Cat Stevens Original A&M Mona Bona Jakon LP Peter Gabriel 1970 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel - So 25th Anniversary Deluxe Immersion Box 4CD/2DVD/12"/Book US $105.56 Buy It Now 8h 56m
PETER GABRIEL Shock the Monkey / Soft Dog UK 12 inch single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Hit by Peter Gabriel (CD, Nov-2003, 2 Discs, Geffen) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SO Peter Gabriel CD US $0.99 [1 bids]
Long Walk Home - Music From Rabbit-Proof Fence Peter Gabriel Audio CD US $26.33 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Us by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-1992, Geffen) US $9.28 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Genesis Seconds Out Vinyl 2 LP Record - Live 1977 - Peter Gabriel Atlantic 9002 US $7.56 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Us by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-1992, Geffen) US $3.95 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL "Walk Through the Fire" MINT 45 with Near Mint Picture Sleeve US $3.50 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Peter Gabriel 3 Melt LP Vinyl Record Charisma CA-1-2215 1980 Canada US $7.99 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL Scratch My Back and I'll Scratch Yours 2xLP NEW SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Peter Gabriel So GHS44088 US $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 51m
PETER GABRIEL sledgehammer 7" PS EX/EX german 108 038 US $11.91 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Peter Gabriel : Shaking the Tree: 16 Golden Greatest Hits CD (1990) US $3.97 Buy It Now 9h 56m
New Blood - Peter Gabriel New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.13 Buy It Now 10h 6m
PETER GABRIEL KATE BUSH NM DON'T GIVE UP 7 in 45rpm INTL SHIP SLSG 203 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
PETER GABRIEL LEAD NORMAL LIFE GAMES FRONTIERS NM 7IN 45RPM VEI 23 ACL US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Peter Gabriel, Us - Peter Gabriel Audio CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Peter Gabriel SCRATCH MY BACK/ AND I'LL SCRTCH YOURS New Sealed VINYL 2 LP US $34.99 Buy It Now 10h 20m
PETER GABRIEL / SINEAD O'CONNOR / FEARGAL SHARKEY - PEACE TOGETHER - Cd Single US $8.90 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Peter Gabriel 1 (car) - Peter Gabriel New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.21 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Peter Gabriel 2 (scratch) - Peter Gabriel New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.21 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Birdy by Peter Gabriel (CD, Geffen) US $1.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy PETER GABRIEL music online Buy PETER GABRIEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER GABRIEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER GABRIEL Hit ratings distribution

PETER GABRIEL Hit reviews

Review by Marc Baum
5 stars This is a nearly perfect compilation for new listeners of Peter Gabriel. Very well is, that the great acoustic version of "Here Comes The Flood" is included. There are also some great unreleased songs like "Burn You Up, Burn You Down", "Cloudless" or "Downside Up (Live)", what is very interestening for fans too, who already have the complete backcatalogue of the genius. In normal way, I never give the highest possibly rating for a greatest hits album, but at this time, it's the only way for me. I'll buy the german version of "Hit" in the next days or weeks, where all the 30 songs here are performed in german language by Peter. Must be sounding very funny, because I am from germany :)

Send comments to Marc Baum (BETA) | Report this review (#26584) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Review by Chris S
3 stars I have to admit that I was given this album, no way was I going to purchase this CD. A greatest hits album of Peter Gabriel just does not sound right....but now that I have it in my possession I stand corrected as I quite like it.' Burn You Up, Burn You Down' from my understanding was co-written by Karl Wallinger of World Party fame. A highly undervalued and underrated artist. It goes without saying why Gabriel collaborrated with Karl Wallinger to make this grooving driving beat of a song.Apparently they have an unreleased album called the Blue Ball project, I am waiting in anticipation...

Most people will be familiar with PG's work so from a package point of view the songs make sense being a collection. If you are new to Peter Gabriel however listen to ' Solsbury Hill', ' Games Without Frontiers', ' Growing Up', ' Red Rain', ' San Jacinto' - his finest piece of music IMO, ' The Rythym of The Heat' and ' The Drop' to name but a few. Peter Gabriel is accompanied by his regulars as in Daniel Lanois, David Rhodes, Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac fame, Tony Levin, Fripp, Kate Bush and on... Overall a very satisfying album, one drawback, so little of PG 2 on here, only' D.I.Y 'made it.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#109404) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 29, 2007

Review by evenless
4 stars A true HIT album!

I'm usually now a fan of compilation albums as a "real fan" would always prefer to have all original studio albums rather than just some compilation disc. Usually it also tends to reek after some "cashing in" by the artist as many artist come up with some compilation albums when they are long lost and forgotten. This is one would be an exception to the rule I think, since Mr. Gabriel has still released many fine albums after this one. I guess it's not a bad one to start with if you didn't already own some (or all) of his preceding studio albums.

"HIT" is truly a very appealing 2 disc setter though. Actually, if you would not own any PG albums yet, I would recommend you to start here! The 1990 compilation "Shaking the Tree" was already a nice compilation, but "HIT" is even better! "HIT" contains 2 CD's, the 1st one containing 15 tracks and the 2nd one containing 16 tracks. This is 15 tracks more than on "Shaking the Tree"! But then again, "HIT" was released 4 studio albums after the sixteen golden greats.

Conclusion: if you don't have any PG album yet, start here! If you already do have quite some albums of PG, it is still a nice compilation to have anyhow.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#109842) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Review by russellk
3 stars I'm not quite sure what the point of this was. OK, I bought it, even though I had practically everything here on other albums. It's uniformly high quality music - but if you are going to listen to 150 minutes of PETER GABRIEL, why not play PG III, followed by PG IV, followed by US or UP?

Still, a few people might begin their exploration of this outstanding musician here. If so, give it plenty of listens, and let yourself be impressed by the breadth of his musical vision. Then note carefully where your favourite tracks come from, and go shell out some cash for the original albums.

I admired PG's original idea to call the first CD 'Hits' and the second 'Misses'. I can also see why his record company wasn't so keen. Nevertheless, that's how it is arranged - the tracks on the second CD are more obscure than the first. You'l wonder why the sparkling 'Burn you Up, Burn You Down' didn't make it on to the final cut of 'Up'.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#116077) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 23, 2007

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Not bad - if you really have to include the hits in the first place. That's to say, if this was a single CD, without the second one cleverly titled "Miss", this would have been very surpriseless compilation. And mostly made of those PG tracks I like the least (if at all), such as the disgusting, funky ones 'Big Time' and 'Steam'. Surely there are beautiful calm hits too: 'Don't Give Up' featuring Kate Bush, 'Blood of Eden' featuring Sinead O'Connor... and classics like 'Biko', 'Here Comes the Flood' and 'Red Rain'.

It's really the other disc that makes this a superior PG compilation. A lot of good album tracks from IV (1982) and Up especially are included. The choices could have been a bit more democratic and include for example more from the maligned II (1978) than just 'D.I.Y', or from the debut besides the obvious two songs. There's only one live song, 'Downside Up' featuring her daughter Melanie. And it's frustrating to get also on the second disc several songs familiar from the video collection Play, (the boring 'Lovetown' and the warm 'Father, Son'). But in the end probably this is the most succesful PG compilation I've seen, since the hit material seems to be the main thing in all of them.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#840037) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 stars This is really a compilation masterpiece. To begin with, one has to realize that here there are really very good tracks for albums that are materpieces. Therefore, something which is done from masterpieces must be a masterpiece itself. In addition to the already known tracks, there are a couple o ... (read more)

Report this review (#239599) | Posted by amontes | Wednesday, September 16, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I always find it hard to review collections, since I'm no fan of them. Like I've said many times, splitting an album up, and removing some of its tracks destroys the idea, atmosphere and feel of that specific album. Even when we're not talking about a concept album, the entire album was (probably) ... (read more)

Report this review (#97076) | Posted by Shakespeare | Saturday, November 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This collection of "Hits" & "Misses", is the milestone of an artist that, through the span of his career, has always had the strength to dare where many other artists haven't. In the first CD we find the "conventional" hits of Gabriel, songs every fan of his work knows by heart. But the real g ... (read more)

Report this review (#26587) | Posted by | Monday, February 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This record is only for those who wants to have everything from Gabriel, or has nothing from Gabriel, divided into 2 discs, the first one is the "hits" from his career, and the second is the "hits" in his mind, rightfully called "miss". The only jewels are the song from "PHILADELPHIA" and the ... (read more)

Report this review (#26583) | Posted by arqwave | Monday, September 13, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars A fine, well put together compilation of Peter Gabriel songs and a must buy for all those too mean or too lazy to buy his back catalogue.From the memorable hit single, "Solsbury Hill": a song about his departure from Genesis, to the haunting and emotional classic , "Biko", about black South African ... (read more)

Report this review (#26579) | Posted by | Thursday, February 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PETER GABRIEL "Hit"