NATTDJURSTID

5. Identitetkris (4:37)
6. Inom oss (3:28)
7. Speglarna (5:45)
8. Närmare (4:40)
9. Våntar en storm (5:40)

Search KAIPA Nattdjurstid lyrics

Search KAIPA Nattdjurstid tabs

- Max Åhman / electric guitar, chorus
- Pelle Andersson / drums, chorus
- Mats Lindberg / bass, chorus
- Hans Lundin / synthesizers, vocals

KAIPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAIPA Nattdjurstid Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
SattygSattyg
Vittjar: LimitedVittjar: Limited
101 DISTRIBUTION 2012
KaipaKaipa
Musea Records France 2000

More places to buy KAIPA music online Buy KAIPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAIPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAIPA Nattdjurstid ratings distribution

KAIPA Nattdjurstid reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Kaipa previous album was not really great to say the least. Partially AOR oriented it still held some symphonic and pleasant tracks. I have to admit that this album features even less interesting songs (actually none).

This album is more electro-pop oriented and I have to say that if I didn't really liked Mats Löfgren lead vocals on their previous two albums, I can't stand at all the one of Hans Ludin here. His role should be confined to what he's doing best: keyboards playing. Period. To be convinced, just have a listen to the dreadful title track. But I would recommend you to press the magical key: NEXT.

This album has NOTHING to do with symphonic prog. Of course, "Kaipa" is not the first one to have changed from musical direction during his life cycle. And it hurts. Just as it hurt with lots of other bands. To name them all would be a real hell of a job but you get the idea.

This album is a pitiful effort which is absolutely useless IMHHO. The worst being probably achieved with "Zepapo". In all honesty, I can't find a single good track. "Nattdjurstid" is just a juxtaposition of poor songs even if once in a while there are some better aspects ("Identitetskris").

You shouldn't really bother with this album. Their first three studio albums were far much more enjoyable. This one is only painful. From "Galen" (the opening track) to "Våntar En Storm", the closing one.

One star. Vocals are really UNBEARABLE.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#180655) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
1 stars And I thought Händer was bad. This album is plain old nineteen eighties synth pop. I suppose Kaipa at this point were desperate to get played in the euro-discos, or something. Even as synth pop, it is a completely unmemorable album. Even after listening to it a few times in a row, the only thing I can recall is on the title track, Nattdjurstid, there is an unintentionally humourous point where a synth hand clap occurs, and the singers shout, sounding as if they were just (rightfully) slapped.

The group hid from view for over a decade after this turkey. I don't blame them.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#279807) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 29, 2010

Review by Anthony H.
1 stars Kaipa: Nattdjurstid [1982]

Rating: 2/10

Nattdjurstid is the fifth studio album from Swedish progressive-rock band Kaipa. Any album from a 70s prog-rock band released in 1982 is automatically suspect. Needless to say, the 80s weren't exactly a fortuitous period for progressive music. Changing musical trends hit prog artists the hardest of all, and Kaipa is no exception. Hander was the band's first venture into commercialism, featuring tired synthpop themes and dry 4/4 beats. However, the band still managed to cling to a slight sense of creativity on that release. Unfortunately, the mediocrity of Hander goes even further south on this follow-up. By this point, Kaipa had abandoned all hope of musical creativity. Nattdjurstid is an incalculably lame collection of trite new-wave tunes with absolutely no soul whatsoever. Bland synthpop sensibilities, mediocre musicianship, and unbelievably lazy songwriting all combine to create this absolute lemon of an album.

"Galen" opens the album with an atrocious dance beat and grating vocals. The title track is the least-bad thing here, but that isn't saying much. The bass-line is catchy, but the awful beats and absurd anthem vocals quickly ruin everything. The insipid power-pop lunacy of "Timmar Av Glas" doesn't even deserve my comment. "Zepapo" is a funky piece that attempts to add variety to the album, but fails miserably. "Identitetkris" is a textbook synth instrumental that you have already heard hundreds of times before. "Inom Oss" features a ridiculous synthesized percussion noise that sounds like a built-in sound effect on a ten-dollar keyboard. "Speglarna" is a synthpop anthem with soulless vocals and tired beats. "Narmare" means "closer" in Swedish, but I wish that this track would go further away instead. "Vantar En Storm" ends the album with the same uninspired dullness that preceded it.

Everything went pear-shaped for Kaipa after this stinker, and it's not hard to understand why. The commercial success that the band was so clearly striving for failed to transpire, so Hans Lundin disbanded the group for nearly two decades. I can sympathize; the man's heart clearly wasn't connected to this style at all. This lack of connection is painfully obvious. Even for synthpop, Nattdjurstid is a downright poor piece of work. This embarrassing piece of dance pop should be avoided at all costs. Fortunately, Kaipa's 21st-century reunion has yielded some great music. That's my only consolation while listening to this refuse.

Send comments to Anthony H. (BETA) | Report this review (#596606) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 26, 2011

1 stars 1/10 From the series "bottom", a more infamous example. Heck, me neither. Again snapping my love for rock and '80s pop, but listen to an album as Nattdjurstid is an experience too painful to my ears. Kaipa had really hit rock bottom here: although they had done something slightly decent in ... (read more)

Report this review (#655804) | Posted by voliveira | Monday, March 12, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars If You can see past the (almost futile) use of some electronic effects used in this recording, it stands out as the best Kaipa album up till the pause. "Väntar en storm" is outstanding. I got a CD copy made from a LP, and it is always with me in my car. I would love to have this reissued with ... (read more)

Report this review (#44398) | Posted by | Friday, August 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Finally, Hans Lundin found his way in music. kaipa, with Nattdjurstid, became a "new wave" band trying to "explore" some new territories as Depeche Mode, Ultravox or Kajagoogoo ( do you remember ? ). I beg your pardon if you find me too sarcastic but this CD is one of the worse I ever listened ... (read more)

Report this review (#41617) | Posted by | Thursday, August 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is a completely different story compared to the ones they've recorded before. "Nattdjurstid" ("Nightanimalstime), is on the whole a Hans Lundin effort, the leader, singer and keyboardist of the band. The record is filled with his haunted, screaming voice, which I know is too much fo ... (read more)

Report this review (#41557) | Posted by progrocklover | Thursday, August 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAIPA "Nattdjurstid "