MUSIC FROM THE BODY (WITH RON GEESIN)*

Roger Waters

Roger Waters Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ROGER WATERS Music

WARNING: Progarchives.com did not validate the information

Studio Album, released in 1970

1. Our Song (1:34)
2. Sea Shell And Stone (2:08)
3. Red Stuff Writhe (1:20)
4. A Gentle Breeze Blew Through Life (1:12)
5. Lick Your Partners (0:36)
6. Bridge Passage For Three Plastic Teeth (0:34)
7. Chain Of Life (4:00)
8. The Womb Bit (2:07)
9. Embryo Thought (0:40)
10. March Past Of The Embryos (1:15)
11. More Than Seven Dwarfs In Penisland (2:01)
12. Dance Of The Red Corpuscles (2:07)
13. Body Transport (3:14)
14. Hand Dance - Full Evening Dress (1:04)
15. Breathe (2:50)
16. Old Folks Ascension (3:47)
17. Bedtime - Dream - Clime (2:04)
18. Piddle In Perspex (0:57)
19. Embryonic Womb-Walk (1:22)
20. Mrs. Throat Goes Walking (2:07)
21. Sea Shell And Soft Stone (1:56)
22. Give Birth To A Smile (2:43)

Total Time:

Search ROGER WATERS Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* lyrics

Search ROGER WATERS Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* tabs

- Roger Waters / bass guitar, vocals
- Ron Geesin /

With:
- David Gilmour / guitar on "Give Birth To A Smile"
- Rick Wright / keyboards on "Give Birth To A Smile"
- Nick Mason / drums on "Give Birth To A Smile"

CD Harvest CDP 7 92848 2

Thanks to Third Eye for the addition

ROGER WATERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROGER WATERS Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* Music

In the Flesh: LiveIn the Flesh: Live
Columbia 2000
Music from the BodyMusic from the Body
Restless Records 1993
ROGER WATERS RADIO KAOS w/stick PINK FLOYD 1987 EXYU LP..US buyers!read P US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Roger Waters: The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking Cassette VG++ Italy Harvest US $17.49 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Roger Waters: Radio K.A.O.S. Cassette VG++ Canada Columbia FCT 40795 US $17.49 Buy It Now 2h 47m
ROGER WATERS * RADIO KAOS * RARE 1987 CASSETTE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION US $15.55 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Roger Waters - Radio K.A.O.S. - CD (1987 Australia Disc made in Japan) US $11.20 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Roger Waters - ANOTHER BASS IN THE WALL, DVD, LIMITED, RARE, promo, pink floyd US $58.81 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Roger Waters / Pink Floyd: The Dark Side Of The Moon Magnet Set - New US $20.17 Buy It Now 10h 12m
ROGER WATERS - The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking CD NEW US $10.91 Buy It Now 10h 56m
ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) - MAXI Para Difusion ARG. V.A. PROMO LP RECORD 1990 US $30.00 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS ~ THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING ~ EX+ GATEFOLD LYRIC PINK FLOYD US $14.84 [7 bids]
Roger Waters from Pink Floyd Live Performs Live 2 Cassettes RARE SAUDI ARABIA US $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Ron Geesin / Roger Waters- Music From The Body- Cassette US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking by Roger Waters (CD, Jun-1987, Columbia (USA)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 56m
ROGER WATERS RADIO WAVES RARE U.S 1987 SINGLE VERSION PROMO 45 MINT PINK FLOYD US $16.79 [0 bids]
pink floyd pulse 4xlp vinyl boxed set syd barrett roger waters david gilmour US $400.00 [0 bids]
Roger Waters(Pink Floyd)/Godin guitars-2011 magazine advert US $11.75 Buy It Now 13h 43m
ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) - Dark Side of the Moon - Official 2006 Tour Programme US $8.39 [0 bids]
RON GEESIN & ROGER WATERS: Music From The Body LP (UK, 2nd pressing green label US $35.00 Buy It Now 15h 26m
ROGER WATERS RADIO KAOS UK 1ST PRESS A1U / B1U WITH POSTER 1987 VINYL LP US $3.43 [6 bids]
PINK FLOYD / THE WALL - Japan 2LP ROGER WATERS US $11.99 [4 bids]
ROGER WATERS Pink Floyd Pros & Cons JAPAN OBI NMint LP US $110.49 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Roger Waters - Radio Waves 12" US $15.13 Buy It Now 18h 45m
THE WALL BERLIN '90 ROGER WATERS DEMO VERSION US $45.00 [0 bids]
RON GEESIN / ROGER WATERS (Pink Floyd) MUSIC FROM THE BODY 1970 IMPORT RECORDS US $14.99 [0 bids]
Ron Geesin Electrosound Roger Waters Pink Floyd LPKPM Music 1102 Electronic US $59.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Flickering Flame - Solo Years by Roger Waters (CD, 2002, Sony Music - Mxico) US $4.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS - In the Flesh - LIVE - 2 CD set - (Pink Floyd) US $2.99 [1 bids]
7" Vinyl Roger Waters NM+ What God Wants Part 1 '92 Holland Pressing Pink Floyd US $23.51 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Waters, Roger - The Roger Waters Collection NEW CD BOX SET US $44.56 Buy It Now 21h 49m
Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking by Roger Waters [Vinyl] - Sealed Censored Cover US $84.95 Buy It Now 22h 21m
roger waters the wall berlin cd US $6.99 [0 bids]
NM! ROGER WATERS-PINK FLOYD Flickering Flame JAPAN PROMO-ONLY CASSETTE :SICP-122 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - The Wall: Live in Berlin (CD, 1990) LN, Rare, and Complete! US $10.50 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS 'THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING' 12-TRACK CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS (PINK FLOYD) - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) US $8.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters,Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking,First pressing,Matrix A-2U US $39.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters,Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking,First pressing,Matrix A-2U US $47.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters,Radio Kaos,First pressing complete with poster,LP US $47.89 Buy It Now 1 day
CD/Japan- PINK FLOYD The Final Cut w/OBI RARE EARLY 1998 SRCS-8488 -ROGER WATERS US $26.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Ron Geesin Roger Waters / Music from BodyLP 1st Harvest Press UKEMI Pink Floyd US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters "The Wall" Live In Berlin Cassette Tape New & Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS Radio K.A.O.S. CD BRAND NEW KAOS Pink Floyd US $11.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters - The Wall - Live In Berlin - 12? Vinyl Record US $16.81 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Roger Waters Pink Floyd Radio K.A.O.S. 1987 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS "SUNSET STRIP" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters Columbia 45 Record #07180 NM Going To Live In L.A. / Radio Waves US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd Cassette Tape Final Cut 1983 Columbia CBS QCT 38243 Roger Waters US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Music From The Body Cassette Tape Ron Geesin Roger Waters Pink Floyd Soundtrack US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pink Floyd Relics LP Record Vinyl & Jacket Harvest SW-759 1971 Roger Waters US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
roger waters - the wall - live in berlin - MERCURY 1980 - UNPLAYED US $99.00 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD - UMMAGUMMA ,2-lp vinyl, VG+ , Roger Waters , David Gilmour, Mason US $7.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS Radio Waves (remix) b/w Going To Live In LA UK 3-Track 12" 1987 US $19.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS The Wall Live in Berlin 2xLP Vinyl Orig Mercury 1990 Pink Floyd OOP US $34.99 [0 bids]
PINK FLOYD A Collection of Great Dance Songs NM AL 37680 Roger Waters Gilmour US $16.11 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS RADIO KAOS w/stick PINK FLOYD 1987 EXYU LP US $28.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Amused to Death - by Roger Waters [vinyl] - 2013 Import US $184.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Roger Waters Radio K.A.O.S. Pink Floyd Promo Japan US $95.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PINK FLOYD The Wall ORIG 1979 Columbia 2-record LP Roger Waters David Gilmour US $7.99 [2 bids]
PINK FLOYD Wish You Were Here LP Roger Waters David Gilmour Richard Wright US $7.99 [0 bids]
ROGER WATERS *RADIO K.A.O.S * ORIGINAL 1987 CD ALBUM IN EXCELLENT CONDITION US $16.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER WATERS PINK FLOYD THE PROS AND CONS OF HITCH HIKING / IN SHRINK WITH OBI US $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROGER WATERS (PINK FLOYD) - "CA IRA" 2-CD 2005 1st US PROMO NM (Sony Classical) US $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Roger waters trust us rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Roger waters trust us 2 rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Roger waters trust us 3 rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Roger waters trust 4 us rock progressive t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy ROGER WATERS music online Buy ROGER WATERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROGER WATERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER WATERS Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* ratings distribution

ROGER WATERS Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)* reviews

Review by Cluster One
2 stars Great Album Cover!

"Music From the Body" is more of a documentary soundtrack, than a proper musical soundtrack as such. In fact there seem to be more sound effects (including burps, farts, inhalation/exhalations and knee slapping) than music at times! There are a few decent musical pieces on the album worth noting (primarily those written by Waters), but in general after the novelty of the humourous sounds have worn off, you will not want to listen to this album often.

The majority of the pieces are written by Geesin (about 75% of them) and are eclectic to say the least. Stringed instruments feature prominently, and some funk and even soul influences can be heard on the odd tune. Waters often worked on soundtracks but they were frequently of a symphonic nature, rather than documentaries - More, Zabriskie Point, Obscured By Clouds and even Dark Side/Wizard of Oz ;-)

In general, the following points about "Music From The Body" are important/noteworthy in a FLOYD context:

- The (very) eccentric Ron Geesin and Roger Waters team up for the first time here. The album was actually recorded in 1968, but didn't see the light of day until 1970. Their next (and only other) collaboration would be the FLOYD's Prog Rock masterpiece "Atom Heart Mother" (Geesin co-wrote the AHM suite, and conducted the orchestral parts).

- How can you not appreciate song titles like: 'Lick Your Partners' and 'More Than Seven Dwarfs in Penis-Land'???

- Waters writes 'Breathe' here, a precursor/early version of the classic that would end up on "Dark Side". It sounds nothing like what it would eventually, but the opening line is still "Breathe in the air..."

- Waters uses multiple female back up singers for the first time on 'Give Birth to a Smile'. Post-Floyd, Waters' trademark solo sound almost always included female back-ups.

- There are a couple tunes with 'Embryo' in their title. A foreshadow of the classic live FLOYD jam 'The Embryo' no doubt.

- Waters' tunes 'Chain of Life', 'Breathe' and 'Give Birth to a Smile' are soft little acoustic pieces along the lines of 'If' or 'Pigs on the Wing', and very worth adding to your collection if you are a WATERS solo fan.

All in all, a very comedic and surreal album, but definitely FOR COLLECTORS/FANS ONLY 2/5 stars

Send comments to Cluster One (BETA) | Report this review (#41813) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 06, 2005

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars This strange but not unlikely solo album from Waters is just what you expect from that period of time from the Floyd crowd. Somewhere stuck between Ummagumma's studio album, the Soundtrack of More and Atom Heart Mother, this album is close to all three. And this album is much more than just an offshoot or anecdote; it is a bit of one more a cornerstone on which Floyd built its foundations to their superb later career.

Sound collages reminding you of Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast or Several Species, can only invite you to think of those albums, but the actual "pure songs" are more in the style of More. Collab Ron Geesin (heard in Atom Heart Mother) contributions are also very evident since he wrote the majority of the tracks, but this can be critically and artistically (and very happily) linked to the Pink Floyd universe. From the cello tracks to heavy electronically dominated ones, and the sung by Waters ones, be ready for a severely tripped journey inside your own body. Maybe one of those albums best listened to under psychotropic substances, but never sure to come back to the surface entirely either, there are times when this album is so brilliant that it should actually gets its fifth star. But the album is not without flaws either, and the soul choirs in the closing track (this is a typical Waters trademark to be found often in future Floyd albums) are one such example.

But certainly not to be under-estimated are the contributions of Geesin and by listening to this album, one can easily understand what set apart Atom Heart Mother (and to a lesser extent Ummagumma which came before this album) from the rest of their discography. One hell of UFO, which every proghead must hear.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#78310) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Review by soundsweird
4 stars Bought this back in the early 70's; regarded it as a humorous oddity. Each time I listen to it, though, I get something new out of it. I later bought several of Ron Geesin's solo albums, and found them to be original and fascinating, although uneven. I pulled this CD out the other day, and enjoyed it more than ever. It doesn't sound much like Pink Floyd, because most of the tracks were written by Geesin (who was a "fifth member" on "Atom Heart Mother"). Geesin plays many different instruments, and there are a number of sound effects as well. Waters contributes a few short songs (the vibe is a bit like "Grandchester Meadows"), and the last song features all four members of Pink Floyd. Unfortunately, that's the worst track on the album, with a simple and repetitious chorus sung by female backup singers. Keep in mind that this is a soundtrack album to a movie about the workings of the human body. Most people would say that this music sounds best when one is under the influence of mind-altering substances, so look for it if you think the adjective "weird" is a good thing...

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#102704) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Review by Chris S
3 stars Ok what a strange album....much like Water's ' Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Grooving In A Cave With A Pict' from the Ummagumma works, Music from The Body has something extra, a little more special. Must be Ron Geesin's influence perhaps or the fact that this was the birth of DSOTM. There is a huge concept feel to the album, no matter how much Waters may despise the conceptual creation and output of his music, he has to admit conceptually he is " Top Dog" in that department. This is immature, naive and totally experimental yet has all the creative force one would expect from one of the greatest prog artists of all time.' Give Birth To A Smile' ably backed by his own band is the nicest touch on this melancholic psychedlic brunch of an album!

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#109101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 27, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars This "musical" document is quite close to the below average Roger part from "Ummagumma". I am of course biased by this album since I was almost born with it and I never could stand the studio outtakes.

The problem with this first solo album, is that there aren't any thrilling songs nor parts. Just a succession of lousy (very short) items. One song reaches the four minutes mark!

The whole of the stuff represented here does sound more as a soundtrack. But not a great one at all. I am looking at some good moments here, but I honestly can't find one. Pure boredom and unskilled songs.

At times, some of the early Floyd is gaining your senses but for such a very short period of time that is it is almost useless. Can you imagine that there are some twenty-two tracks available for forty minutes of "music".

Very few colleagues commented this "work". I guess that there is a reason for it. I don't like this album at all. There is no creativity, no emotional part, and no superb instrumental section. Actually, there is nothing in here. Only a painful succession of VERY short and weird useless musical moments.

One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#263381) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 29, 2010

Review by octopus-4
COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars This is still, unfortunately, the only one album featuring Ron Geesin currently on PA. I hope he will be added soon.

Said so, this is more the effort of this ecleptic musician than of Roger Waters and this is, I suppose, the reason of its low rating. Who is looking for Pink Floyd music of any kind will find only "Sea, shell and stone": just two minutes of acoustic Waters in a form that we'll find more than 10 years after on The Final Cut.

This was the soundtrack of a hippy documentary about the human body, featuring all the things that are usually omitted from a normal documentary, including making sex (the Director and his secretary filmed in infrared), [&*!#]ting, becoming old, birth, death and so on. In this environment the opening track has a sense. "Our song" is made by piano and all the kind of sounds that can be produced by a human body, including farts of course. Everything put into a sort of ragtime. It's followed by the already mentioned "Sea Shell and Stone" which fades out to the real beginning of the soundtrack.

From "Red Stuff Writhe", Geesin's cello starts what can be considered a psychedelic symphony. We are following, in the movie, the evolution of the human body. Each short track is strictly related to the movie, as a soundtrack has to be.

"Chain of Life" is one of the few non-instrumentals. I guess the music was written by Geesin and Waters contributed with lyrics and voice even though some passages may remind to things like "Set the controls for the heart of the sun".

But it's in the instrumentals like "The Womb Bit" that the efforts of both the two authors are evident.

When there is cello or strage choirs like in "More than Seven Dwarfs in Penis Land" it's surely Geesin's stuff. Listen to any of his solo albums and you'll understand why I say so.

The closing track "Give Birth to a Smile" reprises the melody of Sea Shell and Stone, but it's played and arranged by the whole Floyd band. The unique credited effort of the reminders of the band to the album so it deserves a mention.

The album can be enjoyed together with the movie or alone. Only having seen the movie can help to appreciate it more. For me it deserves 4 stars, but requires several listens. For fans of psychedelia and hippyness with more than a touch of eclectism.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#330903) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Review by Finnforest
4 stars Even Syd would approve...

There are a lot of negative review of this album across the web. What the hells not to like here? This is an excellent album that sounds like a lost title from late 60s Floyd, arguably the most "progressive" period of the band's existence. Certainly their most fun from a psych adventurers' standpoint. For me there is some personal nostalgic bias at play. This album was always in the rotation back when a certain friend and I would wile away endless summer days and night swimming in copious amounts of THC. There is no denying it was magical. Things happened that to this day I cannot comprehend. We are all magical beings until we become inhibited and responsible. Of course most of us grow up at some point. And yet a piece of music like this can transport you back a few clicks with ease and without regret.

This collaboration between Ron (Atom Heart) Geesin and Mr. Waters is an absolute winner. Recorded in the heady days of early 1970 it is a treasure of the first Floyd wave mindset, when they were still capable of having fun and trying weird things with no thought of commercial potential. This album is the product of Ron and Roger striking up a friendship at a dinner party and becoming golf mates. Ron had written much of the music but he needed someone to sing some vocal oriented tracks for his film project. Who better than this weird new friend? Eventually the guy would become a big star and swear off music like this, Ummagumma, and even the glorious Atom Heart Mother. But Roger's opinion of this slice of youthful endeavor is only a sad reflection of himself, not of this music. We, his fans, know better.

Alastair: Did you enjoy working with Roger? Ron: Yes, very much.

Alastair: Would you have liked to have worked more with him? Ron: Yes, I think we were a potentially lethal team.

Alastair: Do you have any thoughts on Roger's music today? Ron: Not much. I can't stand the Bob Dylan-ish American accent, or the meddling in politics. He's got plenty of money coming in, so he should make pure expressionist pieces and not try to conform to some imagined acceptability factor.

-Ron Geesin interview by Alastair McLean

Go Ron! The music of "The Body" is a pure treat for those who love the albums like More, Ummagumma's studio side, and Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast. This has all the avant-garde doodling of Breakfast and craziness of "Several Species of Small Furry Animals" mingling in a puddle, and yet manages much more. Off the wall cello breaks, Italian sounding piano bits, and of course the Floydian feel of Grantchester Meadows Roger. The Roger we knew and loved. The acoustic haze of Roger and the crazy ideas of Geesin will of course appeal to the young "inspired" Floyd fan, but I found this album holds up nicely even for an oldster. There are good melodies on display in some of these tracks. There are clues to the future Roger brilliance to watch for, like when he utters the line "Breathe in the air" on this album's "Breathe." There are the Floyd themselves guesting on a track, and soulful female background singers that will surely remind you of Pros and Cons. There are simple spring songs not unlike Roger's "If" and there is Geesin's love of collage music, stereo panning, and flat-out experimentation. The album is a self-contained afternoon off the rails, when you're drooling for a slab of Pink Floyd moments that never actually happened. Except they did, here.

Far from a throwaway title to be ridiculed by the masses, "music from The Body" is a first class psychedelic gem and a successful smoothie of progressive ideas from two acclaimed musicians in their young hearted days. Don't be cynical. Remember a Day.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#1156942) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 02, 2014

1 stars Wow, talk about a letdown. I had known of this record for about 15 years before I stumbled upon "Music from the Body" in a cd store. The anticipation on the way home was huge. Not so much music and plenty of effects from the leader of Pink Floyd and a cowriter on Atom Heart Mother. Most of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1031378) | Posted by tdfloyd | Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars First off, this is a Ron Geesin album (with Roger Waters), so let's get that straight right at the beginning. I bought this because I enjoyed Geesin's work on the Atom Heart Mother Suite, and this was not disappointing at all. Bizarre but enjoyable all the way through. Ron Geesin gives us ... (read more)

Report this review (#456092) | Posted by Buh | Friday, June 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Fun idea, but basically thats it, the music ain't that great. Some really good effects, but thats it. It may be funny once in your entire life to hear this, but let's be honest it's not the kind of album that would be a great buy. Maybe I'm being to harsh, it may be my own fault that I really d ... (read more)

Report this review (#262140) | Posted by FenderTramp | Saturday, January 23, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Eccentric to say the least. Yet, it's also a fun - if non-essential - listen. Waters' songs touch upon themes that would pop up in later compositions, and highlight mid-period Floyd's fascination with folk-tinged tunes. Geesin is a mad genius, and his creative use of bodily sounds makes most ... (read more)

Report this review (#49565) | Posted by mburkhardt | Friday, September 30, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ROGER WATERS "Music From The Body (with Ron Geesin)*"